PDA

View Full Version : Moses and Mohammad

CherubRam
March 31st, 2017, 09:50 AM
Moses and Mohammad

The Prophet
Deuteronomy 18
14 The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, (the Lord / Yahwah) your God has not permitted you to do so. 15 (The Lord / Yahwah) your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him. 16 For this is what you asked of (the Lord / Yahwah) your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, Let us not hear the voice of (the Lord / Yahwah) our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die.

17 (The Lord / Yahwah) said to me: What they say is good. 18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. 19 I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name. 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name (Yahwah) anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, (Allah) is to be put to death.

21 You may say to yourselves, How can we know when a message has not been spoken by (the Lord / Yahwah)? 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah) does not take place or come true, that is a message (the Lord / Yahwah) has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

CherubRam
March 31st, 2017, 09:51 AM
Allah was a Pagan god worshiped by the Arabs.

CherubRam
March 31st, 2017, 02:15 PM
I am glad that Muslims want to worship the God of Abraham. What bothers me is that (Allah) is not a god that Abraham worshiped. The Arabs knew the God of Abraham as Yahwah in the 9th century BC. The Arabs stopped speaking God's name when He would not curse the Jews for them. That is why Mohammad did not know the name of God. If Mohammad was truly a prophet of God, he would have known God's name.

Fatihah
March 31st, 2017, 03:42 PM
Allah was a Pagan god worshiped by the Arabs.

Response: Allah is the one and only true God and Deuteronomy 18:18 actually prophecied Muhammad.

Danoh
March 31st, 2017, 04:23 PM
Response: Allah is the one and only true God and Deuteronomy 18:18 actually prophecied Muhammad.

Hi Fatihah.

As for your above assertion?

The following was written some six hundred years before Muhammad, peace be upon him, 1 Cor. 9:20; 10:32.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Fatihah
March 31st, 2017, 05:29 PM
Hi Fatihah.

As for your above assertion?

The following was written some six hundred years before Muhammad, peace be upon him, 1 Cor. 9:20; 10:32.

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Response: Hi Danoh,

The above fact concerning the prophecy of Muhammad in Deuteronomy 18:18 remains the same.

CherubRam
March 31st, 2017, 06:10 PM
If you would take the time to read Post #1, you would see that the prophet would come from the Israelite's. Israelite's are not Arabs.

popsthebuilder
March 31st, 2017, 06:49 PM
Each culture has its own prophet or messenger of GOD. Islam does not refute the Christ of GOD; at least the Quran does not.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

CherubRam
March 31st, 2017, 06:59 PM
Each culture has its own prophet or messenger of GOD. Islam does not refute the Christ of GOD; at least the Quran does not.

peace

Lots of so called Christian text were rejected because they were Gnostic or Pagan in nature. Just because you can find a little truth in the Quran does not mean it is divinely inspired.

Danoh
March 31st, 2017, 07:00 PM
If you would take the time to read Post #1, you would see that the prophet would come from the Israelite's. Israelite's are not Arabs.

Their version has all that springing from Ishmael; not from Isaac.

Again, a change in all that some six hundred years after Isaac had been the core for thousands of years.

Some six hundred years after the Apostle Paul noted in Col. 1:25 that he had been the last given any word from God to fill full the balance of that which had thus far been written...with...verse 26's The Mystery...

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

2 Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. 2:5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully. 2:6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits. 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound. 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Result?

2 Timothy 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Throughly furnished - nothing more to write about - some six hundred years before...Islam.

popsthebuilder
March 31st, 2017, 07:04 PM
Lots of so called Christian text were rejected because they were Gnostic or Pagan in nature. Just because you can find a little truth in the Quran does not mean it is divinely inspired.
Excuse me?

Uhm... My faith isn't based on any sacred texts written by the hands of man. But I tell you now that the readily available Qur'an seems less molested than the most handy Bible. Thanks be to God that we live in a time and age where information is there for the taking.

Tell me; what makes you assert that the Qur'an is not divinely inspired?

peace

popsthebuilder
March 31st, 2017, 07:18 PM
If I'm really going to get into this conversation can people (any here) at least admit to themselves that the word Allah is translated GOD. It just means GOD. It is not a name, and most assuredly not the name of a pagan GOD as it represents the same One Creator GOD of all existence. One could argue feasibly, that the name Yah or even Elohim or Eloha where at some past point in time representative of a pagan GOD.

Names are symbols. In this case the two symbols represent the same One Creator GOD. The merciful, benevolent, omnipotent, omniscient, long suffering, all pervading GOD of creation and life.

peace

CherubRam
March 31st, 2017, 09:29 PM
If I'm really going to get into this conversation can people (any here) at least admit to themselves that the word Allah is translated GOD. It just means GOD. It is not a name, and most assuredly not the name of a pagan GOD as it represents the same One Creator GOD of all existence. One could argue feasibly, that the name Yah or even Elohim or Eloha where at some past point in time representative of a pagan GOD.

Names are symbols. In this case the two symbols represent the same One Creator GOD. The merciful, benevolent, omnipotent, omniscient, long suffering, all pervading GOD of creation and life.

peace

Allah is the contracted form of Alilah, (Al/il/ah) the god ascends.

CherubRam
March 31st, 2017, 09:36 PM
Excuse me?

Uhm... My faith isn't based on any sacred texts written by the hands of man. But I tell you now that the readily available Qur'an seems less molested than the most handy Bible. Thanks be to God that we live in a time and age where information is there for the taking.

Tell me; what makes you assert that the Qur'an is not divinely inspired?

peace

What did Mohammad prophecy? Did God work any miracles through Mohammad? Did Mohammad say anything profound? Did Mohammad speak in parable? Besides the Satanic verses, I see a lot of killing and the taking of booty in the Quran. How come Mohammad did not know the personal name of God?

popsthebuilder
March 31st, 2017, 09:37 PM
Christianity. The Aramaic word for "God" in the language of Assyrian Christians is ??l?h?, or Alaha. Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God". The Christian Arabs of today have no other word for "God" than "Allah".

popsthebuilder
March 31st, 2017, 09:40 PM
Christianity. The Aramaic word for "God" in the language of Assyrian Christians is ??l?h?, or Alaha. Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God". The Christian Arabs of today have no other word for "God" than "Allah".

Either you are relying on the interpretations of others, are wholly devoid of scriptures discernment, are are utterly lying.

I hope it is the first or second friend.

Peace

PS

If you actually come with legitimate questions; then I will actually address them.

Oops

CherubRam
March 31st, 2017, 09:42 PM

They used the word Allah because they do not know any better. Allah was worshiped as a Pagan god by the Pagan Arabs, long before Mohammad came along. The word Allah is no revelation.

popsthebuilder
March 31st, 2017, 09:43 PM
What did Mohammad prophecy? Did God work any miracles through Mohammad? Did Mohammad say anything profound? Did Mohammad speak in parable? Besides the Satanic verses, I see a lot of killing and the taking of booty in the Quran. How come Mohammad did not know the personal name of God?
Either you are relying on the interpretations of others, are wholly devoid of scriptures discernment, are are utterly lying.

I hope it is the first or second friend.

Peace

PS

If you actually come with legitimate questions; then I will actually address them.

popsthebuilder
March 31st, 2017, 09:44 PM
They used the word Allah because they do not know any better. Allah was worshiped as a Pagan god by the Pagan Arabs, long before Mohammad came along. The word Allah is no revelation.
I didn't say it was revelation friend. I said it means GOD.

CherubRam
March 31st, 2017, 10:40 PM
I didn't say it was revelation friend. I said it means GOD.

Historical analysis of the word Allah. Allah's root is found in the Sumerian god AN, which is later known as IL by the Akkadians and Babylonians.
The origin of Allah and Allat were sun and moon deities. (Zwemmer, (Ed) The Daughters of Allah, By Winnett, F V, MWJ, Vol. XXX, 1940, pg. 120-125).
The original name of the Sun god in Sumer was UTU, the cuneiform name for Allah

CherubRam
March 31st, 2017, 10:55 PM
God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am Yahwah (YHVH) and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty; BUT BY MY NAME, YAHWAH, I did not make myself known to them.";
Exodus 6:2-3

We see here that Abraham never used the name Allah.

CherubRam
March 31st, 2017, 11:06 PM
Muhammad is a self-proclaimed prophet.

Fatihah
April 1st, 2017, 02:04 AM

Response: Rather, if you read it, it clearly says it will come from their brethren of the Israelites, which are the Ishmaelites and they are Arabs.

Fatihah
April 1st, 2017, 02:07 AM

Response: Then that alone would mean that the Bible is not divinely inspired because of its little truth in it.

Fatihah
April 1st, 2017, 02:12 AM

Response: Allah is the name of the one and only true God and derived from "Al" (The) and "Ilaha" (God), meaning "The God".

Fatihah
April 1st, 2017, 02:16 AM

Response: The word Allah is throughout the Bible as "Ellah" or "Eloha", is Hebrew and similar to Arabic "Allah". So El or Ellah or Eloha or Elohim is ust a Hebrew pronunciation for the Arabic word Allah.

Danoh
April 1st, 2017, 06:27 AM
Response: Rather, if you read it, it clearly says it will come from their brethren of the Israelites, which are the Ishmaelites and they are Arabs.

That...is nonsense. The Scripture is clear on what "brethren" Moses had been referring to...

Acts 7:8 And he gave him the covenant of circumcision: and so Abraham begat Isaac, and circumcised him the eighth day; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat the twelve patriarchs. 7:9 And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him,

The Twelve Patriarchs?

Genesis 42:13 And they said, Thy servants are twelve brethren, the sons of one man in the land of Canaan; and, behold, the youngest is this day with our father, and one is not.

Genesis 45:4 And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.

Exodus 1:6 And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation.

Leviticus 10:6 And Moses said unto Aaron, and unto Eleazar and unto Ithamar, his sons, Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people: but let your brethren, the whole house of Israel, bewail the burning which the LORD hath kindled.

Leviticus 25:46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

Deuteronomy 3:18 And I commanded you at that time, saying, The LORD your God hath given you this land to possess it: ye shall pass over armed before your brethren the children of Israel, all that are meet for the war.

Deuteronomy 24:7 If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Fatihah
April 1st, 2017, 07:24 AM
That...is nonsense. The Scripture is clear on what "brethren" Moses had been referring to...

Acts 7:8 And he gave him the covenant of circumcision: and so Abraham begat Isaac, and circumcised him the eighth day; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat the twelve patriarchs. 7:9 And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him,

The Twelve Patriarchs?

Genesis 42:13 And they said, Thy servants are twelve brethren, the sons of one man in the land of Canaan; and, behold, the youngest is this day with our father, and one is not.

Genesis 45:4 And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.

Exodus 1:6 And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation.

Leviticus 10:6 And Moses said unto Aaron, and unto Eleazar and unto Ithamar, his sons, Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people: but let your brethren, the whole house of Israel, bewail the burning which the LORD hath kindled.

Leviticus 25:46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

Deuteronomy 3:18 And I commanded you at that time, saying, The LORD your God hath given you this land to possess it: ye shall pass over armed before your brethren the children of Israel, all that are meet for the war.

Deuteronomy 24:7 If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die; and thou shalt put evil away from among you.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. 3:16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Response: Yes. The scripture is clear what brethren means and in Deuteronomy 18:18 it clearly refers to the brethren of the Israelites, which are the Ishmaelites. Therefore, it remains a prophecy of Muhammad (saw).

CherubRam
April 1st, 2017, 08:45 AM
God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am Yahwah (YHVH) and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty; BUT BY MY NAME, YAHWAH, I did not make myself known to them.";

The scripture above says that Abraham called Him, "God Almighty," not Allah.

Fatihah
April 1st, 2017, 10:09 AM
The scripture above says that Abraham called Him, "God Almighty," not Allah.

Response: The scripture above is not Arabic. So naturally, the word Allah would not be mentioned.

CherubRam
April 1st, 2017, 11:35 AM
Response: The scripture above is not Arabic. So naturally, the word Allah would not be mentioned.
The name Allah was around when Abraham was alive. Abraham knew God as "God Almighty."

God
Ancient Hebrew: IL.
Aramaic: IL.
Hebrew: EL.
English: God.
Spanish: Dios.
Italian: Iddio, Iddo, Dio.
German: Gutes, Gott.
Germanic, Old French: Gott.
French: Dieux, Dieu.
Greek: Theo, Theos.
Latin: Deus.
Norwegian: Gud.
Swedish: Gud.
Portugese: Deus.

Fatihah
April 1st, 2017, 02:13 PM
The name Allah was around when Abraham was alive. Abraham knew God as "God Almighty."

God
Ancient Hebrew: IL.
Aramaic: IL.
Hebrew: EL.
English: God.
Spanish: Dios.
Italian: Iddio, Iddo, Dio.
German: Gutes, Gott.
Germanic, Old French: Gott.
French: Dieux, Dieu.
Greek: Theo, Theos.
Latin: Deus.
Norwegian: Gud.
Swedish: Gud.
Portugese: Deus.

Response: In Arabic, It's Allah. Secondly, Abraham did not know Him as God Almighty. That's English and he didn't speak English.

chair
April 1st, 2017, 02:32 PM
The idea that one can bash Islam based on some theoretical idea of where the Arabic name of God comes from is pathetic. Islam is strictly monotheistic. Without "Trinity", or son-of-god or anything else. For a Christian to attack Islam on the basis of "Allah" being a pagan name is ridiculous.

Chair
Observant Jew

CherubRam
April 1st, 2017, 05:12 PM
Response: In Arabic, It's Allah. Secondly, Abraham did not know Him as God Almighty. That's English and he didn't speak English.

God Almighty / El Shaddai
The root word "shadad" (שדד) means to plunder, overpower, or make desolate. The meaning may go back to an original sense which was "to be strong" as in the Arabic "shadiid" (شديد) "strong", although normally the Arabic letter pronounced "sh" corresponds to the Hebrew letter sin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_%28letter%29), not to shin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_%28letter%29).

Some scholars believe the name is derived from an Akkadian word Šadu, meaning "mountain," suggesting strength and power).

popsthebuilder
April 2nd, 2017, 06:29 AM
The root word "shadad" (שדד) means to plunder, overpower, or make desolate. The meaning may go back to an original sense which was "to be strong" as in the Arabic "shadiid" (شديد) "strong", although normally the Arabic letter pronounced "sh" corresponds to the Hebrew letter sin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_%28letter%29), not to shin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_%28letter%29).

Some scholars believe the name is derived from an Akkadian word *adu, meaning "mountain," suggesting strength and power).

You never answered my question; why do you think the Quran isn't inspired by GOD? How arragant must one be to claim a faith false without ever even reading their core sacred text?

Doesn't sound too Christian.

peace

CherubRam
April 2nd, 2017, 03:07 PM
You never answered my question; why do you think the Quran isn't inspired by GOD? How arragant must one be to claim a faith false without ever even reading their core sacred text?

Doesn't sound too Christian.

peace

I have read the Quran, and it is not divinely inspired.

Wick Stick
April 2nd, 2017, 03:23 PM

We see there that Abraham used the name EL, which is a shortened for of Elowah (https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H433&t=KJV), the Hebrew equivalent of Arabic Allah.

popsthebuilder
April 2nd, 2017, 04:00 PM
There is a difference in reading and comprehending.

There is also a difference in reading with an opened mind, and reading with preconceived bias.

The Quran very closely emulates the scriptures. To deny this is either dishonesty or like I said; lack of comprehension.

peace

CherubRam
April 2nd, 2017, 04:45 PM
We see there that Abraham used the name EL, which is a shortened for of Elowah (https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H433&t=KJV), the Hebrew equivalent of Arabic Allah.
The bible says that Abraham knew God as (God Almighty / El Shaddai.) The bible is much older than the Quran.

CherubRam
April 2nd, 2017, 04:59 PM
There is a difference in reading and comprehending.

There is also a difference in reading with an opened mind, and reading with preconceived bias.

The Quran very closely emulates the scriptures. To deny this is either dishonesty or like I said; lack of comprehension.

peace

Quran
As Mohammad was reciting Surah 53, considered a revelation by the angel Gabriel, Satan tempted him to utter the following verses 19 and 20:
Have ye thought upon Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzz and Manāt, the third, the other? These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for.

Allāt, al-'Uzzā and Manāt were three goddesses worshipped by the Meccans.

popsthebuilder
April 2nd, 2017, 05:10 PM
Quran
As Mohammad was reciting Surah 53, considered a revelation by the angel Gabriel, Satan tempted him to utter the following verses 19 and 20:
Have ye thought upon Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzz and Manāt, the third, the other? These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for.

Try actually providing the chapter and surah.

Or continue in leading people astray. Are you aware that that is the only unforgivable sin supposedly?

You must not fear GOD too much.

I implore you to stop knowingly misrepresenting the Quran and Islam.

Next you'll tell me Islam doesn't mean submission to GOD.

peace

CherubRam
April 2nd, 2017, 05:28 PM
Islam meaning
Meaning of the word Islam.
Islam is an Arabic word that means "submission or submit" (to Allah). It has a relationship to another Arabic word, such as Salaam, meaning "peace". The Arabic word "Muslim" is related to the word Islam and means a "vassal" of Allah, and is whom has surrendered and submitted (to Allah).

Muslims see homage to Allah as a sign of distinction; paying homage means serving the will of Allah above and beyond one's own goals. The Arabic word "Islam" simply means "submission", and is derived from the word meaning "peace."

In a religious context it simply means submit to the will of Allah. And so Islam means “submission” not “peace". It is frequently said that the word Islam means “peace.” It does not. Islam is the Arabic word for "submission." The Arabic word for “peace” is transliterated as salam or salaam.

In Arabic, as in English, these are distinctly different words.
It is their religion to destroy other nations to establish Islam. The politicians just do not get it. When the Muslims have established themselves in numbers and strength in a nation, then they are embolden to exert their will.

Take a look at the history of Turkey and the 400 year war.

CherubRam
April 2nd, 2017, 05:30 PM
Try actually providing the chapter and surah.

Or continue in leading people astray. Are you aware that that is the only unforgivable sin supposedly?

You must not fear GOD too much.

I implore you to stop knowingly misrepresenting the Quran and Islam.

Next you'll tell me Islam doesn't mean submission to GOD.

peace

Surah An-Najm [53:19-23] - Quran.com
https://quran.com › An-Najm
Surat An-Najm [verse 19-23] - So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza? - And Manat, the third - the other one? - Is the male for you and for Him the female?
Surah An-Najm [53:19] - Al-Qur'an al-Kareem - القرآن الكريم
Surat An-Najm [verse 19] - So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza?
Surah An-Najm [53:19-20] - Al-Qur'an al-Kareem - القرآن ... - Quran.com
Surat An-Najm [verse 19-20] - So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza?
Does Surah 53:19-20 in the Qur'an tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al ...
https://www.quora.com/Does-Surah-53-19-20-in-the-Quran-tell-Muslims-to-worship-...
أفَرَأيْتُمُ اللَآتَ وَالْعُزَّی. وَمَنَاةَ الثَّالِثَةَ الْاُخْرَی. ألَكُمُ الذَّكَرُ وَلَهُ الْاُنثَی. تِلْكَ إِذًا قِسْمَةٌ ضِيزَی. 19. Have you then considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza[12]. 20. And Manat, the other

popsthebuilder
April 2nd, 2017, 05:41 PM
Surah An-Najm [53:19-23] - Quran.com
Surat An-Najm [verse 19-23] - So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza? - And Manat, the third - the other one? - Is the male for you and for Him the female?
Surah An-Najm [53:19] - Al-Qur'an al-Kareem - القرآن الكريم
Surat An-Najm [verse 19] - So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza?
Surah An-Najm [53:19-20] - Al-Qur'an al-Kareem - القرآن ... - Quran.com
Surat An-Najm [verse 19-20] - So have you considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza?
Does Surah 53:19-20 in the Qur'an tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al ...
https://www.quora.com/Does-Surah-53-19-20-in-the-Quran-tell-Muslims-to-worship-...
أفَرَأيْتُمُ اللَآتَ وَالْعُزَّی. وَمَنَاةَ الثَّالِثَةَ الْاُخْرَی. ألَكُمُ الذَّكَرُ وَلَهُ الْاُنثَی. تِلْكَ إِذًا قِسْمَةٌ ضِيزَی. 19. Have you then considered al-Lat and al-'Uzza[12]. 20. And Manat, the other
53:17. His eye deviated not nor did it wander away. 53:18. He saw the greatly important signs of his Lord.
53:19. Have you had a look at Lt and Uzz, 53:20. And another, the third Mant? 53:21. What! Are you to have the sons and He the daughters? 53:22. That indeed is an unjust division. 53:23. (The fact is that) these are mere names (bearing no significance) which you have coined, you and your forefathers, for which Allh has revealed no authority. These follow nothing but mere conjectures and the fancies of minds. Even though true guidance has already come to them from their Lord.

Nice try, but it clearly says that homage to those other gods is wrong.

Thank you for admitting that Islam means submission to GOD though.

peace

CherubRam
April 2nd, 2017, 08:09 PM
53:17. His eye deviated not nor did it wander away. 53:18. He saw the greatly important signs of his Lord.
53:19. Have you had a look at Lt and ‘Uzz, 53:20. And another, the third Mant? 53:21. What! Are you to have the sons and He the daughters? 53:22. That indeed is an unjust division. 53:23. (The fact is that) these are mere names (bearing no significance) which you have coined, you and your forefathers, for which Allh has revealed no authority. These follow nothing but mere conjectures and the fancies of minds. Even though true guidance has already come to them from their Lord.

Nice try, but it clearly says that homage to those other gods is wrong.

Thank you for admitting that Islam means submission to GOD though.

peace

Lol. You see and hear what you want.

CherubRam
April 2nd, 2017, 08:12 PM
Surah 53:19,20.

CherubRam
April 2nd, 2017, 08:14 PM
gharāniq means crane.

chair
April 2nd, 2017, 09:39 PM

Nice to have your professional opinion on this. I gather you haven't yet read the New Testament.

CherubRam
April 2nd, 2017, 10:41 PM
Allat, also spelled Allatu, Alilat, Allāt, and al-Lāt was the name and title of multiple goddess worshipped with Allah in pre-Islamic Arabia, including the one in Mecca who was a chief goddess along with Manāt and al-'Uzz. ... She was also called the daughter of Allah along with the other two chief goddesses.

chair
April 2nd, 2017, 11:57 PM
Allat, also spelled Allatu, Alilat, Allāt, and al-Lāt was the name and title of multiple goddess worshipped with Allah in pre-Islamic Arabia, including the one in Mecca who was a chief goddess along with Manāt and al-'Uzz. ... She was also called the daughter of Allah along with the other two chief goddesses.

Even if true- who cares? Muslims today are monotheists.

popsthebuilder
April 3rd, 2017, 06:21 AM
Surah 53:19,20.

Read verse 23 you manipulative hypocrite

Wick Stick
April 3rd, 2017, 10:19 AM
The bible says that Abraham knew God as (God Almighty / El Shaddai.) The bible is much older than the Quran.
Yes, as EL Shaddai. EL isn't a name. It's a title - God.

Allah likewise is a title meaning God. Not a proper name. It is for all intents and purposes the same exact word.

To say otherwise is intellectually dishonest.

CherubRam
April 3rd, 2017, 10:23 AM
Read verse 23 you manipulative hypocrite

This is the point: This shows that Allah was associated with three female goddesses. The Arabs did not makeup those names. The names Allah and those of the goddesses go back before the days of Abraham.

Sura an-Najm 53:19-22
Have you thought upon Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzz
and Manāt, the third one, another goddess.
What! For you the males and for him the females!
That indeed is an unfair division.

CherubRam
April 3rd, 2017, 10:25 AM
Yes, as EL Shaddai. EL isn't a name. It's a title - God.

Allah likewise is a title meaning God. Not a proper name. It is for all intents and purposes the same exact word.

To say otherwise is intellectually dishonest.
Yes I know that. Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.
13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?” (Elohiym means, “God of The Living.”) It can also be translated as “god-s of the living” or “god-s of life;” for those who have life immortal.
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.” (HaYah) in the ancient Semitic language means: The Living, or The Life.)
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

CherubRam
April 3rd, 2017, 11:56 AM
In 950 BC the Arabs knew the name of God as Yahwah, but because Yahwah would not curse the Jews for them, His name was not spoken again by them.

Here is proof that the Arabs knew the God of Abraham as Yahwah, and not Allah.

Moabite Stone, 950 BC.

I am Mesha, son of Kemosh melek, the king of Moab, the Dibonite. My father was king over Moab for thirty years, and I became king after my father.

And I made this high place for Kemosh in Qarhar . . . because of the deliverance of Mesha, and because he has saved me from all the kings and because he caused me to see [my desire] upon all who hated me. Omri, king of Israel -- he oppressed Moab many days, because Chemosh was angry with his land.

And his son succeeded him, and he also said I will oppress Moab. In my day he spoke according to this word, but I saw my desire upon him and upon his house, and Israel utterly perished forever.

Now Omri had possessed all the land of Medeba and dwelt in it his days and half the days of his son, forty years, but Chemosh restored it in my day. And I built Baal-meon and I made in it the reservoir and I built Kiryathaim. And the men of Gad had dwelt in the land of Ataroth from of old and the king of Israel had built for himself Ataroth. And I foutht against the city and took it, and I slew all the people of the city, a sight pleasing to Chemosh and to Moab.

And I brought back from there the altar-hearth of Duda and I dragged it before Chemosh in Kiryoth. And I caused to dwell in it the men of Sharon and the men of Meharoth (?).

And Chemosh said to me: "Go take Nebo against Israel"; and I went by night and fought against it from break of dawn till noon, and I took it and slew all, seven thousand men and boys, women and girls, and I devoted it to Ashtar-Chemosh.

And I took from there the altar-hearths of Yahwah, and I dragged them before Chemosh. And the king of Israel built Jabaz and dwelt in it while he fought with..........

chair
April 3rd, 2017, 02:42 PM
In 950 BC the Arabs knew the name of God as Yahwah, but because Yahwah would not curse the Jews for them, His name was not spoken again by them.

Moabite Stone, 950 BC.

I am Mesha, son of Kemosh melek, the king of Moab, the Dibonite. My father was king over Moab for thirty years, and I became king after my father.

And I made this high place for Kemosh in Qarhar . . . because of the deliverance of Mesha, and because he has saved me from all the kings and because he caused me to see [my desire] upon all who hated me. Omri, king of Israel -- he oppressed Moab many days, because Chemosh was angry with his land.

And his son succeeded him, and he also said I will oppress Moab. In my day he spoke according to this word, but I saw my desire upon him and upon his house, and Israel utterly perished forever.

Now Omri had possessed all the land of Medeba and dwelt in it his days and half the days of his son, forty years, but Chemosh restored it in my day. And I built Baal-meon and I made in it the reservoir and I built Kiryathaim. And the men of Gad had dwelt in the land of Ataroth from of old and the king of Israel had built for himself Ataroth. And I foutht against the city and took it, and I slew all the people of the city, a sight pleasing to Chemosh and to Moab.

And I brought back from there the altar-hearth of Duda and I dragged it before Chemosh in Kiryoth. And I caused to dwell in it the men of Sharon and the men of Meharoth (?).

And Chemosh said to me: "Go take Nebo against Israel"; and I went by night and fought against it from break of dawn till noon, and I took it and slew all, seven thousand men and boys, women and girls, and I devoted it to Ashtar-Chemosh.

And I took from there the altar-hearths of Yahwah, and I dragged them before Chemosh. And the king of Israel built Jabaz and dwelt in it while he fought with..........

are you aware of when Islam started?

CherubRam
April 3rd, 2017, 02:58 PM
are you aware of when Islam started?

I am talking about when the Arabs knew the name of God as Yahwah.

Wick Stick
April 3rd, 2017, 03:55 PM
Here is proof that the Arabs knew the God of Abraham as Yahwah, and not Allah....

Moabite Stone, 950 BC....
The Moabites weren't Arabs. They were the descendants of Lot, Abraham's nephew.

South of the Moabites were the Edomites. South of the Edomites were the Midianites. East of the Midianites were Arabs. However, during the time period in question, they didn't use the appelation 'Arabs,' but rather went by tribal names, such as 'Dedanites.'

CherubRam
April 3rd, 2017, 04:16 PM
The Moabites weren't Arabs. They were the descendants of Lot, Abraham's nephew.

South of the Moabites were the Edomites. South of the Edomites were the Midianites. East of the Midianites were Arabs. However, during the time period in question, they didn't use the appelation 'Arabs,' but rather went by tribal names, such as 'Dedanites.'
Although you are correct, as far as I am concerned, all of Arabia is Arab; including surrounding tribes.

Wick Stick
April 3rd, 2017, 04:30 PM
Although you are correct, as far as I am concerned, all of Arabia is Arab; including surrounding tribes.
Bologna sandwich.

Totally different tribes, from different places, different culture, religion, ethnicity, and ancestors.

That's like saying the Dutch forgot the names of the Mohawk gods. The Dutch might have moved into the area previously inhabited by Mohawk tribes, but they were not remotely related, and there was little-no cultural transfer.

popsthebuilder
April 3rd, 2017, 06:37 PM
This is the point: This shows that Allah was associated with three female goddesses. The Arabs did not makeup those names. The names Allah and those of the goddesses go back before the days of Abraham.

Sura an-Najm 53:19-22
Have you thought upon Al-Lat and Al-‘Uzz
and Manāt, the third one, another goddess.
What! For you the males and for him the females!
That indeed is an unfair division.
Are you suggesting that there was no concept of GOD prior to the Abrahamic faiths?

Have you ever studied the drawings of cave men? Have you ever heard of Zoroastrianism? Even Hinduism actually, in reality, speaks ultimately of One Creator GOD. What don't you get about names being symbols? If they reference the same One Creator GOD of all existence then what exactly is your issue? Is it really necessary to attempt to manipulate the words of a sacred ancient core text in order to propigate your agenda? It should be apparent to all; your misdirection on this matter, that is. If it is not, I will make it clear.

You attempt to use fear of the unknown to fuel your selfish motives, but we all know that we are to fear no thing but the consiquinces of our own actions upon judgement. To motivate others with fear is wrong.

I do not support any violence on any level, but the Quran is the inspired word of GOD just as the bible is, just as many other sacred writings are.

Different branches of one tree. Indeed some will be cut off, and others grafted in, but to proclaim a whole book and GOD himself to be that of misdirection or deceit, or referring to a multitude of gods is wrong.

I'm sorry you think the word Allah doesn't reference GOD, but it truly does.

I am sorry for my strong words earlier; it was uncalled for and helped neither of our positions or points.

peace

CherubRam
April 3rd, 2017, 11:32 PM
Good night

CherubRam
April 3rd, 2017, 11:43 PM
Bologna sandwich.

Totally different tribes, from different places, different culture, religion, ethnicity, and ancestors.

That's like saying the Dutch forgot the names of the Mohawk gods. The Dutch might have moved into the area previously inhabited by Mohawk tribes, but they were not remotely related, and there was little-no cultural transfer.

Bedouin, also spelled Beduin, Arabic Badawi and plural Badw, Arabic-speaking nomadic peoples of the Middle Eastern deserts, especially of North Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Syria, and Jordan.

chair
April 4th, 2017, 01:54 AM
Bedouin, also spelled Beduin, Arabic Badawi and plural Badw, Arabic-speaking nomadic peoples of the Middle Eastern deserts, especially of North Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Syria, and Jordan.

Is there a point to this post? If you are trying to connect the modern day distribution of Arabs to that of Moab 3,000 years ago- let's just say that you aren't quite there yet.

You also seem to confuse "Arab" with "Muslim". Are you aware of Christian Arabs?

I had a Bedouin carpenter at my house last night. Around 7 pm his phone alarm went off: Muezzin call to prayer. I think there is an app for that...I just checked. There are a number of these. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boom.salaty2&hl=en)

CherubRam- you might want to download one.

Chair

CherubRam
April 4th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Is there a point to this post? If you are trying to connect the modern day distribution of Arabs to that of Moab 3,000 years ago- let's just say that you aren't quite there yet.

You also seem to confuse "Arab" with "Muslim". Are you aware of Christian Arabs?

I had a Bedouin carpenter at my house last night. Around 7 pm his phone alarm went off: Muezzin call to prayer. I think there is an app for that...I just checked. There are a number of these. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boom.salaty2&hl=en)

CherubRam- you might want to download one.

Chair

The point is that the peoples did mingle.

CherubRam
April 4th, 2017, 06:04 PM
If Allah means (The god,) then it can mean any god, since Muslims say it is not a name. The personal name of our God is Yahwah. “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

popsthebuilder
April 4th, 2017, 09:22 PM
So if I pray to GOD and do not specify Yah or Elohim or Eloha am I in error? Does GOD not here my prayers in your opinion?

peace

CherubRam
April 5th, 2017, 03:59 AM
So if I pray to GOD and do not specify Yah or Elohim or Eloha am I in error? Does GOD not here my prayers in your opinion?

peace

God is the name of no-one.

popsthebuilder
April 5th, 2017, 04:22 AM
God is the name of no-one.
You didn't answer my question.

CherubRam
April 5th, 2017, 08:53 AM
You didn't answer my question.

Malachi 2:2
If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says Yahwah Almighty, “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

CherubRam
April 5th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Honor His Name
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.

Honorable Mention
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.

Malachi 1:6
“A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says [the LORD / Yahwah] Almighty. “It is you priests who show contempt for my name. “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’

So what are your thoughts about this?

Malachi 2:2
If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says [the LORD / Yahwah Almighty], “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

Something to think about.

Oleander
April 5th, 2017, 10:12 AM
I thought Christians believe Jesus is the God!

Well, If Yahwah is the name of God, then why the Christians book didn't called him by his name?

I thought the name still a name no matter what language you speak.

CherubRam
April 5th, 2017, 10:34 AM
I thought Christians believe Jesus is the God!

Well, If Yahwah is the name of God, then why the Christians book didn't called him by his name?

I thought the name still a name no matter what language you speak.
The Catholics removed the name of God from the bible. God's name is Yahwah, and Christ name is Yahshua. Yahwah means "Life Began." Allah does not mean "Life Began."

CherubRam
April 5th, 2017, 10:37 AM
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/CherubRam/Yahwah%202_zpsbu2o7dny.jpg (http://s796.photobucket.com/user/CherubRam/media/Yahwah%202_zpsbu2o7dny.jpg.html)

Hawkins
April 5th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Moses and Mohammad

The Prophet
Deuteronomy 18
14 The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, (the Lord / Yahwah) your God has not permitted you to do so. 15 (The Lord / Yahwah) your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him. 16 For this is what you asked of (the Lord / Yahwah) your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, “Let us not hear the voice of (the Lord / Yahwah) our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die.”

17 (The Lord / Yahwah) said to me: “What they say is good. 18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. 19 I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name. 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name (Yahwah) anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, (Allah) is to be put to death.”

21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by (the Lord / Yahwah)?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah) does not take place or come true, that is a message (the Lord / Yahwah) has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

It's a matter of the validity of human witnessing, and being canonized by a known authority.

The OT stands as a multiple account witnessing. It's crucial that in Jewish custom single person witnessing doesn't count. That's why even Jesus has to put that under the circumstance that in the absence of valid human witnessing, God (the Holy Trinity) will be His valid witnessing. God the father and God the Holy Spirit will be His witnesses. That is to say, under normal circumstance a witnessing is considered valid only when more than one humans stand as witnesses.

The OT is about how the chosen witnesses of God, that is the prophets, stood witnessing for Him in the various times of the Jewish history. This serves the purpose that by the multiple witnessing of chosen humans and mostly through the Jews, God made Himself known to today's humans, Jews and gentiles alike.

This witnessing of multiple human accounts is also canonized, maintained by a human authority designated by God. Such that this human authority will guard the Scripture from any human will to make changes onto it. This is so such that it is verifiable that what God said about human salvation 2000 years ago, will remain the same message of salvation today. It is verifiable that God will not say one thing 2000 years ago and another 2000 years later to humans in regards to the salvation He provided.

As a result, today we can tell that the OT we read today is the same OT the Jews read 2000 years ago. Humans (by the will of God) have a whole library of scrolls (Dead Sea Scrolls) for us to reconcile that the OT remains unchanged theologically speaking.

As for NT, we can tell the same as (again by the will of God) humans have two independent sources of Bible manuscripts, namely, the NIV and KJV versions of the NT Bible. The are theological identical for today's human to tell that God said about the same salvation to humans 2000 years ago, He says the same to today's humans.

In comparison, Islam is a joke, a copycat and a fake!

2000 years ago, the Sanhedrin (thus the Jews) is the only authority for the legitimate publishing and distribution of OT Scripture. The Jews are the guardian of the Word of God. It is them who had canonized the OT legitimately.

The Catholics then picked up the role ever since the Jews failed. They canonized and maintained the NT Bible correctly. God on the other hand, only allow the Protestants to have (and thus be the guardian) both the OT and NT canon correct.

God's earthly apostle's Church also acts as the authority of the various translations of the Bible, especially from the perspective of the salvation message embedded. All churches deemed to be apostle's Church can be identified by the common standard of faith called the Apostle's Creed.

That's how serious God is in regards to the Bible He inspired.

Again in comparison, Islam is a joke, a lame copycat and a fake!

Moses mentioned Jesus because Moses is to fore-shadow Jesus in terms of human salvation. And the parallel is,

Moses, one of the greatest prophets of God, led the Jews out of Egypt to free them from being enslaved, and to bring them to the promised land of Canaan.

Jesus, the greatest prophet of God, will lead humans out of Hades/hell to free them from being enslaved, and to bring them to the promised land of Heaven (New Earth and New Heaven).

In comparison, Islam is a joke, a lame copycat and a fake!

jzeidler
April 5th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Moses is nothing like Muhammad:

https://youtu.be/EQ93kJvSuaY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkins
April 5th, 2017, 12:16 PM
It's a matter of the validity of human witnessing, and being canonized by a known authority.

The OT stands as a multiple account witnessing. It's crucial that in Jewish custom single person witnessing doesn't count. That's why even Jesus has to put that under the circumstance that in the absence of valid human witnessing, God (the Holy Trinity) will be His valid witnessing. God the father and God the Holy Spirit will be His witnesses. That is to say, under normal circumstance a witnessing is considered valid only when more than one humans stand as witnesses.

The OT is about how the chosen witnesses of God, that is the prophets, stood witnessing for Him in the various times of the Jewish history. This serves the purpose that by the multiple witnessing of chosen humans and mostly through the Jews, God made Himself known to today's humans, Jews and gentiles alike.

This witnessing of multiple human accounts is also canonized, maintained by a human authority designated by God. Such that this human authority will guard the Scripture from any human will to make changes onto it. This is so such that it is verifiable that what God said about human salvation 2000 years ago, will remain the same message of salvation today. It is verifiable that God will not say one thing 2000 years ago and another 2000 years later to humans in regards to the salvation He provided.

As a result, today we can tell that the OT we read today is the same OT the Jews read 2000 years ago. Humans (by the will of God) have a whole library of scrolls (Dead Sea Scrolls) for us to reconcile that the OT remains unchanged theologically speaking.

As for NT, we can tell the same as (again by the will of God) humans have two independent sources of Bible manuscripts, namely, the NIV and KJV versions of the NT Bible. The are theological identical for today's human to tell that God said about the same salvation to humans 2000 years ago, He says the same to today's humans.

2000 years ago, the Sanhedrin (thus the Jews) is the only authority for the legitimate publishing and distribution of OT Scripture. The Jews are the guardian of the Word of God. It is them who had canonized the OT legitimately.

The Catholics then picked up the role ever since the Jews failed. They canonized and maintained the NT Bible correctly. God on the other hand, only allow the Protestants to have (and thus be the guardian) both the OT and NT canon correct.

God's earthly apostle's Church also acts as the authority of the various translations of the Bible, especially from the perspective of the salvation message embedded. All churches deemed to be apostle's Church can be identified by the common standard of faith called the Apostle's Creed.

Moses mentioned Jesus because Moses is to fore-shadow Jesus in terms of human salvation. And the parallel is,

Moses, one of the greatest prophets of God, led the Jews out of Egypt to free them from being enslaved, and to bring them to the promised land of Canaan.

Jesus, the greatest prophet of God, will lead humans out of Hades/hell to free them from being enslaved, and to bring them to the promised land of Heaven (New Earth and New Heaven).

You'd better turn to Jesus Christ before it's all too late!

CherubRam
April 5th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Yahwah means "Life Began." Allah does not mean "Life Began."

Wick Stick
April 5th, 2017, 03:17 PM
The Catholics removed the name of God from the bible. God's name is Yahwah, and Christ name is Yahshua. Yahwah means "Life Began." Allah does not mean "Life Began."
This entire post is inaccurate.

CherubRam
April 5th, 2017, 03:31 PM
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/CherubRam/Yahwah%202_zpsbu2o7dny.jpg (http://s796.photobucket.com/user/CherubRam/media/Yahwah%202_zpsbu2o7dny.jpg.html)

The word "god" simply means an immortal being who has life immortal. "God" is a word and not a name. The people in heaven are called gods because they have life immortal. The Elect of God are called gods because they will be given life immortal by Yahwah.

CherubRam
April 5th, 2017, 03:39 PM

CherubRam
April 5th, 2017, 04:42 PM
This entire post is inaccurate.
Vatican Says No 'Yahweh' In Songs, Prayers At Catholic Masses: http://www.catholic.org/news/ae/music/story.php?id=29022
Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

After killing Hebrew Christians, the Jews would take the New testament scripture written in Hebrew, and carefully cut the name of God out. Then they would place the divine name in a safe place to keep. Following that, they then would burn the remainder of the scrolls in a fire. Rabbi Yose who lived during the second century AD states that, "One cuts out the reference to the Divine Name which are in them [the New Testament writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns." One of his characteristic sayings is, "He who proclaimed the coming of the Messiah,[John] and he who hated scholars [Yahshua] and his disciples; and that false prophet and those slanderers, will have no part in the future world."

According to Wilhelm Bacher this was directed against the Hebrew Christians. And so it is an established fact then, that the disciples of Christ did in fact write the Holy Name of God into the original New Testament.

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

Hebrews 2:12
He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.”

Where do you see the name Yahwah in the New Testament?

Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

popsthebuilder
April 5th, 2017, 06:18 PM

Are you not aware that Moses and the Christ are spoken of in great detail within the Qur'an? Are you aware that it tells the same things that the bible does? These are rhetorical questions. If you know them then you wouldn't claim submission to GOD a joke.

peace

Hawkins
April 6th, 2017, 06:55 AM
Are you not aware that Moses and the Christ are spoken of in great detail within the Qur'an? Are you aware that it tells the same things that the bible does? These are rhetorical questions. If you know them then you wouldn't claim submission to GOD a joke.

peace

Do you read English? I am saying Islam is joke because it's not godly in nature and it lacks valid witnessing. Qur'an is human book as I presented the comparison.

I can't even address a single point ever mentioned in my post!

popsthebuilder
April 6th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Do you read English? I am saying Islam is joke because it's not godly in nature and it lacks valid witnessing. Qur'an is human book as I presented the comparison.
Show what about Islam isn't godly in nature with the Quran then.

I read quite well usually.

Hawkins
April 6th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Show what about Islam isn't godly in nature with the Quran then.

I read quite well usually.

Already done. Read my post again. "Islam is a joke" is not an assertion. I described a lot about why it is so!

popsthebuilder
April 6th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Already done. Read my post again. "Islam is a joke" is not an assertion. I described a lot about why it is so!
Use the Quran to show how Islam isn't of GOD.

CherubRam
April 6th, 2017, 08:09 AM
Use the Quran to show how Islam isn't of GOD.

We know the personal name of our God. What is the name of your god?

Oleander
April 7th, 2017, 12:01 PM
The majority of Christians believe Jesus is God.

Is Jesus the nickname of Yahwah, or the other way around?

If the name Yahwah, then why the Spanish Christians called him Dios?

Don't agree your name CherubRam is the same in all languages of the world?

Almost all Christians scholars agreed Jesus spoke Aramic, and we know Allaha is the name of God in aramic.

So, when Jesus said: my God in English he actually was saying my Allaha in aramic, simple.

CherubRam
April 7th, 2017, 12:23 PM
The majority of Christians believe Jesus is God.

Is Jesus the nickname of Yahwah, or the other way around?

If the name Yahwah, then why the Spanish Christians called him Dios?

Don't agree your name CherubRam is the same in all languages of the world?

Almost all Christians scholars agreed Jesus spoke Aramic, and we know Allaha is the name of God in aramic.

So, when Jesus said: my God in English he actually was saying my Allaha in aramic, simple.

All of the people in heaven are called gods because Yahwah has given them life immortal. Yahwah and Yahshua are separate persons. Yahwah is God's personal name. Yahwah means "Life Began." Allah does not mean "Life Began." When scripture says they are "ONE" it mean they are in unity. The Aramaic name of God is also Yahwah.

CherubRam
April 7th, 2017, 12:26 PM
God's name: http://s796.photobucket.com/user/CherubRam/media/Yahwah%202_zpsbu2o7dny.jpg.html

CherubRam
April 7th, 2017, 12:32 PM

CherubRam
April 7th, 2017, 12:38 PM
The word editor keeps malfunctioning. Anyway, click on the image, then add to the size with the + sign.

Wick Stick
April 7th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Vatican Says No 'Yahweh' In Songs, Prayers At Catholic Masses:
After killing Hebrew Christians, the Jews would take the New testament scripture written in Hebrew, and carefully cut the name of God out...
You seem to have a problem with confusing different groups of people.

You originally said that Catholics took the name of God out of the Bible, and now you post this as your proof?

Jews are not Catholics.

Moabites are not Arabs.

If you're going to use historical examples, use them right.

CherubRam
April 7th, 2017, 07:51 PM
You seem to have a problem with confusing different groups of people.

You originally said that Catholics took the name of God out of the Bible, and now you post this as your proof?

Jews are not Catholics.

Moabites are not Arabs.

If you're going to use historical examples, use them right.

I changed the subject from Catholics to the Jews removing the name of God. Yes, I know, Moabites are not Arabs.

popsthebuilder
April 9th, 2017, 06:59 PM
We know the personal name of our God. What is the name of your god?
Uhm....It's the same One Creator GOD, and the name is irrelevant as long as we worship/ live with respect and reverence towards GOD.

My GOD is your GOD.

Do you refute this?

Also; could you answer my other question with regards to prayer?

Thank you....peace

CherubRam
April 10th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Uhm....It's the same One Creator GOD, and the name is irrelevant as long as we worship/ live with respect and reverence towards GOD.

My GOD is your GOD.

Do you refute this?

Also; could you answer my other question with regards to prayer?

Thank you....peace

I have no reason to believe that allah is my God, Yahwah.

popsthebuilder
April 10th, 2017, 06:27 AM
I have no reason to believe that allah is my God, Yahwah.
You are very confused.

May GOD mercifully guide us all.

peace

Fatihah
April 18th, 2017, 08:51 AM

Some scholars believe the name is derived from an Akkadian word Šadu, meaning "mountain," suggesting strength and power).

Response: And El, Ella, and Elohim, are hebrew for God. Just as Allah is the Arabic name for God.

Fatihah
April 18th, 2017, 08:54 AM

Response: The Bible is full of discrepancy and contradictions. So it being older does not change the fact that it lacks reliability.

Fatihah
April 18th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Quran

Response: This claim is from an unauthentic hadith, thus making it invalid. Whereas the Bible comes from unknown authors, over 24,000 manuscripts of the new testament in which no two are identical, and is full of contradictions and discrepancy (such as light coming before the existence of the sun Genesis 1:3-5 and 14-19).We can also read Isaiah 37 and 2 Kings 19 and see that they are identical, which is clear proof of plagiarism.

Fatihah
April 18th, 2017, 09:40 AM

Moabite Stone, 950 BC.

Response: Yahweh is a made up name and the very proof is your own Bible.

In early Jewish tradition, the people thought themselves to be unworthy to speak the name of God so loosely. So instead, they would say, "Adonai" (the lord) instead of the word represented by "YHWH".

The letters, YHWH are represented in Exodus 3:14. There we see that God revealed a name to Moses when Moses asked of what name he should say when he tells them that the God of their fathers has sent him.

That name is YHWH, according to the scripture. However, the ancient Hebrew is lost. So today, the meaning and pronunciation of the word is not known. The best guess would be "Yahweh", meaning "He is". This is why the English translation will say "I Am".

So the question would be, did God actually say "YHWH"? Again, in those times, it became a part of tradition not to speak God's name. They thought that such a thing is unholy to speak his name so loosely and the name should not be said so loosely on the mouths of unholy people. Instead, they would say, "Adonai", meaning "the lord".

Keeping this in mind, if the people did not wish to speak God's name so loosely, it is most logical to understand that his name was not written down either. So this is why "YHWH" was written in its place.

Further proof can be established when we look at the origin of the word "Jehovah". You see, after "YHWH" was written in the scripture, since those people of that time did not speak the name represented by "YHWH", when two scholarly brothers of Masoretes came later in the 10th century to add the vowels to the scripture, they added the vowels of the Hebrew word "Adonai" (the Lord), to indicate to the reader that the word referred to God and they should read "The Lord". This would make it Yahowah. But later in the 16th century, another scholar, Petrus Galatinus, mistakenly took the word as an actual word. The "J" in latin is pronounced as a "Y", so you get Jahowah. And to finally anglo-size the word, it became Jehovah.

This is not only an example of how the ancient Jews treated and respected the name of God in such a delicate fashion but how new names are created. They could have easily just made up some vowels. This is how sensitive they were to playing with the word. But this was not the tradition of all Jews. Many had no problem saying "Allah" or "Elloha" in classical Hebrew.

For evidence of this, when you read the Tanakh, you will notice that at times, the same stories are repeated. The only difference is that one story says "God" (Elloha) while the other says "The Lord" for God. (Yahweh). An example is in Gen.1:1 and Gen 2:4. This goes to show that some Jewish traditions required that you don't speak the name of God.

So again, if you can't speak it, you can't write it. Since "Yahweh" is the closest pronunciation to the "YHWH" in Hebrew, and the word means "He is", then we can conclude that when writing the scripture, some Jews replaced "Allah" with "He is", which in Hebrew means "Yahweh".

Simply put, your own Bible and history shows that Yahweh is not God's name but a made up name.

chair
April 18th, 2017, 11:45 AM
What fun! A thread where everybody knocks other peoples religions with all kinds of made-up stuff!

CherubRam
April 18th, 2017, 07:34 PM
What fun! A thread where everybody knocks other peoples religions with all kinds of made-up stuff!
The name Yahwah is correct because Hebrew did not originally have an e vowel. You never can get an answer from a Muslim, and where they get this junk they say.

CherubRam
April 18th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Response: This claim is from an unauthentic hadith, thus making it invalid. Whereas the Bible comes from unknown authors, over 24,000 manuscripts of the new testament in which no two are identical, and is full of contradictions and discrepancy (such as light coming before the existence of the sun Genesis 1:3-5 and 14-19).We can also read Isaiah 37 and 2 Kings 19 and see that they are identical, which is clear proof of plagiarism.
God created the universe before He created the Earth. The sun did not shine because the world was covered with dark clouds.

Ktoyou
April 18th, 2017, 07:47 PM
God created the universe before He created the Earth. The sun did not shine because the world was covered with dark clouds.

Are you for real? :kookoo:

CherubRam
April 18th, 2017, 07:58 PM
Are you for real? :kookoo:

When God came to where the world to be was, it was a body of water. That means the sun already existed before He created the firmament. Later He caused the sun to shine.

Ktoyou
April 18th, 2017, 08:06 PM
When God came to where the world to be was, it was a body of water. That means the sun already existed before He created the firmament. Later He caused the sun to shine.

These are just your thoughts. It does not mean anything.

Tambora
April 18th, 2017, 08:11 PM
over 24,000 manuscripts of the new testament in which no two are identical, Who told you that?

CherubRam
April 18th, 2017, 11:37 PM
These are just your thoughts. It does not mean anything.
You need to study your bible K.

Genesis 1New International Version (NIV)
The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

The world was formless because it was a body of water. If there was no sun near by it would have been a frozen body of water. God caused the sun to appear.

Ktoyou
April 18th, 2017, 11:49 PM
You need to study your bible K.

Genesis 1New International Version (NIV)
The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

The world was formless because it was a body of water. If there was no sun near by it would have been a frozen body of water. God caused the sun to appear.

That is not Biblical.

Fatihah
April 19th, 2017, 12:49 AM

Response: No where does the Bible say this, nor science.

Fatihah
April 19th, 2017, 12:50 AM
Who told you that?

Response:Scholarship.

patrick jane
April 19th, 2017, 01:12 AM
Response:Scholarship.Welcome back

CherubRam
April 19th, 2017, 04:33 AM
That is not Biblical.
Logic is a word that you should pay more attention to.

CherubRam
April 19th, 2017, 04:41 AM
Response: No where does the Bible say this, nor science.

Genesis 1King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face (surface) of the deep.

You also need to give more thought to the word "logic."

Fatihah
April 19th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Genesis 1King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face (surface) of the deep.

You also need to give more thought to the word "logic."

Responss: Exactly. The words clearly say there was darkness. Not "the sun did not shine because the world was covered with dark clouds", as you erroneously stated earlier. The words "dark clouds", or "sun" or "because"or anything synonymous to it is mentioned in the verse. So your logic is invalid and your Bible remains in error.

You need to give more thought on reasoning rather than delusion.

Ktoyou
April 19th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Logic is a word that you should pay more attention to.

The Word is the word you should pay attention to. Not your daffy inferences!
Now, I am not going to respond to you again on this because you know my mind about it and you also know I think you are a bit daffy.

CherubRam
April 19th, 2017, 11:20 AM
For some, logic is a little bird chirping in a meadow.