PDA

View Full Version : Ask Knight (Archieved)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]

Town Heretic
July 26th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Could you add 5 Guys to my best burger poll? An accidental oversight on my part. Given it was part of the dispute that led to the poll (as between it and In and Out) it seems unfair to relegate it to write-in status.

:e4e:

Also, I inadvertently hit Burger King when I meant to check Backyard Burger...so...if it isn't too much trouble...:o

chickenman
July 27th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Knight,
I was groggy this morning and accidentally filled my bowl with Fruit Loops instead of Cheerio's. What should I do?

Thanks,
Randy

bucksplasher
July 27th, 2011, 04:52 AM
find a kid of either kind. tWINs

bybee
July 27th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Knight,
I was groggy this morning and accidentally filled my bowl with Fruit Loops instead of Cheerio's. What should I do?

Thanks,
Randy

This could be serious. You might want to start playing and having fun. Just go with it! Have a good day Randy!

chickenman
July 27th, 2011, 05:29 AM
This could be serious. You might want to start playing and having fun. Just go with it! Have a good day Randy!

It threw me for such a loop, I left the house and aimlessly wandered the neighborhood for 2 hours in my underwear.

Stripe
July 27th, 2011, 05:38 AM
That was you??!

chickenman
July 27th, 2011, 05:58 AM
That was you??!

You're back in town!??

lightbringer
July 27th, 2011, 06:17 AM
It threw me for such a loop, I left the house and aimlessly wandered the neighborhood for 2 hours in my underwear.

Don't worry in 30 years the neighbors (at the retirement home) will just look out their windows and comment on you having new underwear from WalMart, then there will be the one that is still aware enough to realize you went to WalMart for Cherio's, friends, what we would do without them?

Knight
July 27th, 2011, 10:40 AM
It threw me for such a loop, I left the house and aimlessly wandered the neighborhood for 2 hours in my underwear.What a coincidence, as that is the appropriate reaction to such a dilemma.

Stripe
July 27th, 2011, 11:03 AM
You're back in town!??You invited me over for dinner!

chickenman
July 27th, 2011, 11:08 AM
You invited me over for dinner!

That was YOU at my house!!!??? I guess that explains why we can't find the girls' pet rabbit, Penelope. :mad:

Stripe
July 27th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I still have the foot. For luck, you realize. :)

chickenman
July 27th, 2011, 11:49 AM
:shocked:

<...Peter...:cry:>

Stripe
July 27th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I'm sure they are happily reunited in pet heaven.

Sherman
July 27th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Knight,

Thanks,
Randy
Oh no poor chickenman is loopy and flown the coop! :rotfl:

chickenman
July 27th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Oh no poor chickenman is loopy and flown the coop! :rotfl:

Happens quite frequently these days. :chuckle:

Nick M
July 27th, 2011, 03:48 PM
You need to have infractions for the chatbox. Like the grossly inappropriate picture "babychristian" put up. Even if she wasn't married, it would still be wrong.

Sherman
July 27th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I just saw the pic Nick. That is just so wrong.

annabenedetti
August 3rd, 2011, 05:33 PM
I tried to edit my email address the other day, and I can't access it. I get a message that says:

"A required field called Slogan or motto is missing or has an invalid value."

Is there any way to fix that?

Knight
August 3rd, 2011, 06:02 PM
I tried to edit my email address the other day, and I can't access it. I get a message that says:

"A required field called Slogan or motto is missing or has an invalid value."

Is there any way to fix that?Yes. Simply add some type of slogan or motto in the "slogan/motto" field and you will be all set.

annabenedetti
August 3rd, 2011, 06:03 PM
Yes. Simply add some type of slogan or motto in the "slogan/motto" field and you will be all set.

I know that seems kind of obvious on the face of it, but I didn't know I had to have a motto to access my email - I haven't had a motto for a long time!

Edit: Wow! It really was that easy. All this time, I didn't know I had to have a slogan/motto to change my email....

Thanks, Knight.

Sherman
September 5th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I would like to change my username to Wapiti. I've been wanting to do something a little less avant garde for a while.

Ktoyou
September 5th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Silent Hunter is definitely making a pest out of himself. Not that I cannot handle it; however, I do think it should be noted, he is being a pest to more than a few persons here.

Knight
September 5th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Silent Hunter is definitely making a pest out of himself. Not that I cannot handle it; however, I do think it should be noted, he is being a pest to more than a few persons here.I agree. That's why I banned him this afternoon. :up:

Ktoyou
September 5th, 2011, 09:51 PM
:up:

annabenedetti
September 29th, 2011, 05:25 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

How do I get rid of the black Share This Page bar?

I'm sensing a dark presence hovering over me.

annabenedetti
September 29th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Nevermind...it's gone now. :D

Knight
September 29th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I'm sensing a dark presence hovering over me.You must be referring to the Pope.

annabenedetti
September 29th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Nah. The Pope wears white.

some other dude
September 29th, 2011, 08:11 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

How do I get rid of the black Share This Page bar?

I'm sensing a dark presence hovering over me.

I used White-Out. :)

MrDeets
September 30th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Knight, is there any way to get rid of the lewd advertisements in threads and on this sites main page without negatively affecting TOL's revenue?

I don't mind good looking women, but girls in bras and bikinis asking me if I want to have text firt chats with them while I am learning about MAD or reading about the LORD God is getting old...

annabenedetti
September 30th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Knight, is there any way to get rid of the lewd advertisements in threads and on this sites main page

Use Firefox with the AdBlockPlus addon.

gokarter357
September 30th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Knight, would you be so kind as to delete my account. Thank you!

Knight
September 30th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Knight, would you be so kind as to delete my account. Thank you!
Uh sure. :rolleyes:

Town Heretic
September 30th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Uh sure. :rolleyes:

Man am I going to miss...:liberals: Who was that?

chickenman
October 1st, 2011, 02:46 AM
As long as putputter44 and galagerplayer38 stay with us, then gokarter357's absence won't be such a hit.

Nick M
October 1st, 2011, 10:18 PM
Are the gay mountain bikers still around?

Please get rid of all the annoying stuff on TOL. Like the little black banner that pops down on every single page, even when I close it with the circled x. It wants me to like it with facebook, twitter and that stuff. No.

Mr. 5020
October 1st, 2011, 10:23 PM
Are the gay mountain bikers still around?
Persephone66 was originally a gay mountain biker.

Nick M
October 2nd, 2011, 02:20 AM
Persephone66 was originally a gay mountain biker.

What do you mean was?

Nick M
October 6th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Please get rid of all the annoying stuff on TOL. Like the little black banner that pops down on every single page, even when I close it with the circled x. It wants me to like it with facebook, twitter and that stuff. No.
Some of things done on TOL make it less enjoyable. It really does.

Knight
October 6th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Some of things done on TOL make it less enjoyable. It really does.Nick are you responding to yourself?

Oh and... the little black bar has been gone for a week now.

chrysostom
October 6th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Nick are you responding to yourself?

Oh and... the little black bar has been gone for a week now.

I still have it

how do you get rid of it?

Knight
October 6th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I still have it

how do you get rid of it?I just realized you guys might be using the "lightweight" theme. I forgot to remove it from that theme.

Sorry Nick, my bad.

It's removed now.

some other dude
October 6th, 2011, 10:48 AM
and my PC is happy again! :banana:

Now, back to the non-technical "Ask Knight" types of questions:

Dear Knight

How are we to deal with fellow Christians who serve two masters? We have a number of Christians on this site who say they are against abortion and homosexuality, but their allegiance to a socially progressive agenda causes them to turn our society into a cesspool. Is this an immature phase all young Christians have to go through? Are they mentally deranged? Can you truly be a Christian and act unGodly?

Thanks for all you do!

Knight
October 6th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Dear Knight

How are we to deal with fellow Christians who serve two masters?You correct them and then move on. :)

We have a number of Christians on this site who say they are against abortion and homosexuality, but their allegiance to a socially progressive agenda causes them to turn our society into a cesspool. You are 100% correct. It's sad isn't it?

Is this an immature phase all young Christians have to go through?No.

Are they mentally deranged?Maybe, maybe not. They might just be mislead.

Can you truly be a Christian and act unGodly?Yes, that's very possible.

Thanks for all you do!Thank you for all the great participation. :up:

Lon
October 13th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Should mods have a "Do not feed the animals" icon?

We have one on the forum where I mod but it says "Do NOT feed the trolls!" I think.

Perhaps with a caveate "makes them unmanageable and intolerant of their own kind" or "you could lose an arm" or something.

bybee
October 13th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Should mods have a "Do not feed the animals" icon?

We have one on the forum where I mod but it says "Do NOT feed the trolls!" I think.

Perhaps with a caveate "makes them unmanageable and intolerant of their own kind" or "you could lose an arm" or something.

The thing is Trolls are omnivores. They eat anything and everything in sight. They have no discrimination.

Sherman
October 13th, 2011, 09:10 PM
The thing is Trolls are omnivores. They eat anything and everything in sight. They have no discrimination.

There are also many species of troll. They come from all back grounds. A troll is a person who likes to draw attention to himself by stirring up trouble.

bucksplasher
October 14th, 2011, 05:39 AM
I "used" to be a troll...when the web was young...I've tried to mature.

tWINs

genuineoriginal
October 23rd, 2011, 09:34 AM
How do I report ghost for posting offensive statements in a neg-rep?

JonahofAkron
October 23rd, 2011, 09:42 AM

Unfortunately, it appears that moderation is a thing of the past for many forums.

ghost
October 23rd, 2011, 09:57 AM

I called you a "self-righteous pervert", because you are a self-righteous pervert.

Ironically, you called me a "self-righteous hypocrite" in your neg-rep.

What a tool! :rotfl:

Knight
October 23rd, 2011, 10:05 AM
Unfortunately, it appears that moderation is a thing of the past for many forums.Um... TOL is one of the most moderated forum's on the internet.

I have news for you.... we can't monitor the forum in real-time, sometimes it takes awhile to determine what action if any we should take. Furthermore, not every single thing that is reported will result in an infraction. There needs to be some degree of banter here on the forum.

Knight
October 23rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
I called you a "self-righteous pervert", because you are a self-righteous pervert.

Ironically, you called me a "self-righteous hypocrite" in your neg-rep.

What a tool! :rotfl:We have covered this several times in the past, the word "pervert" has a sexual connotation to it. Right or wrong, that's what people think when you use that word. I would try using a word that doesn't have that sexual stigma attached to it such as: heretic, fool, etc.

JonahofAkron
October 23rd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Um... TOL is one of the most moderated forum's on the internet.

I have news for you.... we can't monitor the forum in real-time, sometimes it takes awhile to determine what action if any we should take. Furthermore, not every single thing that is reported will result in an infraction. There needs to be some degree of banter here on the forum.

I stand corrected. Thank you, Knight. My apologies.

ghost
October 23rd, 2011, 10:19 AM
We have covered this several times in the past, the word "pervert" has a sexual connotation to it. Right or wrong, that's what people think when you use that word. I would try using a word that doesn't have that sexual stigma attached to it such as: heretic, fool, etc.Okay, I'll use another word, but I don't think they are going to be quite as offended as they should be.

genuineoriginal
October 23rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Okay, I'll use another word, but I don't think they are going to be quite as offended as they should be.

It would be better to make sure people are offended for the reasons you want them to be offended for than to be offended for reasons that are not related to the point you are trying to make.
:wave2:

ghost
October 23rd, 2011, 10:28 AM
It would be better to make sure people are offended for the reasons you want them to be offended for than to be offended for reasons that are not related to the point you are trying to make.I want you to be offended for the same reasons Jesus and Paul offended others, because they, like you, are full of self-righteousness. They, like you, are children of the devil, vipers, white-washed tombs, a son of hell, hypocrites, serpents, evil "workers", dogs, enemies of the cross, false teachers, wolves, etc.

genuineoriginal
October 23rd, 2011, 10:57 AM
I want you to be offended for the same reasons Jesus and Paul did, because they, like you, are full of self-righteousness. They, like you, are children of the devil, vipers, white-washed tombs, a son of hell, hypocrites, serpents, evil "workers", dogs, enemies of the cross, false teachers, wolves, etc.

:shocked:
Why do you believe Jesus and Paul are children of the devil, etc.?

ghost
October 23rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
:eek:oops, I left out two words when I made my first correction

Knight
October 23rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
It would be better to make sure people are offended for the reasons you want them to be offended for than to be offended for reasons that are not related to the point you are trying to make.
:wave2:That is exactly my point. :up: The word "pervert" only causes unnecessary confusion and disruption.

ghost
October 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
That is exactly my point. :up: The word "pervert" only causes unnecessary confusion and disruption.Why do you think Paul called someone a "son of the devil"?

Knight
October 23rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
Why do you think Paul called someone a "son of the devil"?
He called them that to offend them. But that term doesn't have a sexual connotation. Offending is OK, it's offending for the wrong reason that doesn't help the cause.

ghost
October 23rd, 2011, 09:06 PM
He called them that to offend them. But that term doesn't have a sexual connotation. Offending is OK, it's offending for the wrong reason that doesn't help the cause.I understand, but how many words do people get to kidnap from us? The way I use the word is the way the dictionary defines it. They've already stolen words like "love" and "gay", what's next?

some other dude
October 24th, 2011, 12:08 AM
It would seem that genuineoriginal now should fully understand Ghost's intention when he uses the word pervert. :idunno:

Lighthouse
October 24th, 2011, 02:45 AM
It would seem that genuineoriginal now should fully understand Ghost's intention when he uses the word pervert. :idunno:
True dat!

Stripe
October 24th, 2011, 02:49 AM
I understand, but how many words do people get to kidnap from us? The way I use the word is the way the dictionary defines it. They've already stolen words like "love" and "gay", what's next?

They'll steal the word "steal", of course. :)

Nick M
October 24th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Maybe, maybe not. They might just be mislead.

Mislead? Don't you think they know exacty what is going on? Don't you think they are acting in deception to say they are Christian to get allies from the gullible?

Lucifer and his followers (enemies of Christ) is cunning and subtil, not overt and stupid.

Offending is OK, it's offending for the wrong reason that doesn't help the cause.

What would be the wrong reason?

Letsargue
October 25th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Mislead? Don't you think they know exacty what is going on? Don't you think they are acting in deception to say they are Christian to get allies from the gullible?

Lucifer and his followers (enemies of Christ) is cunning and subtil, not overt and stupid.

John 15:19 KJV -

Paul -- 102511

Sherman
October 25th, 2011, 07:52 AM
I only call someone a pervert if they actually are one. I use other terms for evolutionists and atheists.

bybee
October 25th, 2011, 08:17 AM

For me it's anger. I try to get a grip when someone or something makes my temper flare up. That's when the nasty names pop into my head. I don't think that is fruitful, satisfying, but not fruitful. As you have seen I still get carried away by my temper but am working on it. A reasoned response is a good response. I'm just not capable of it all the time!

some other dude
October 25th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Hey Knight!

Did you know I was one of your "golden boys (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2827371&postcount=355)"? :chuckle:

bybee
October 25th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I only call someone a pervert if they actually are one. I use other terms for evolutionists and atheists.

Inzl, you are absolutely one of a kind! I'm so glad you're here!:thumb:

Lon
October 27th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Knight, I may not get POTD'd (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2829002#post2829002) but I was thinking an avatar with Superman for ya. What'dya think?

rainee
October 28th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Knight, I may not get POTD'd (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2829002#post2829002) but I was thinking an avatar with Superman for ya. What'dya think?

No offense Lon but he probably doesn't think that is a great idea.
Do you want to be Superman in you avatar?

But I've seen some great posts of yours - why would that one be thought of as one of them, if I might ask? I know, just tell me not my bizz.

Obviously Knight's weakness is the spacetime continuum and how God works in and out of that. Yes?

Lon
October 28th, 2011, 11:54 PM
No offense Lon but he probably doesn't think that is a great idea.
Do you want to be Superman in you avatar?

But I've seen some great posts of yours - why would that one be thought of as one of them, if I might ask? I know, just tell me not my bizz.

Obviously Knight's weakness is the spacetime continuum and how God works in and out of that. Yes?
Was all tongue-in-cheek rainee. Maybe I need to work harder on my comic delivery...
...or not post after 10PM

rainee
October 29th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Was all tongue-in-cheek rainee. Maybe I need to work harder on my comic delivery...
...or not post after 10PM

Ahh, I see. No there is probably nothing wrong with your comic delivery
this is probably a real case of it's me not you. Sorry :eek:

dorothy.neville
October 29th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Why didn't King David execute his son Amnon for raping his daughter Tamar. And why didn't he the execute Absalom for the avenged murder of Amnon.

Stripe
October 29th, 2011, 10:22 PM
:AMR:

some other dude
November 9th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Dear Knight

There's this guy I know at work who claims to be a Christian, but he has a reputation for unChristian behavior. He's been caught telling lies about me to other people. When I've tried to get him to explain himself, he won't. Lately he tells me that he's forgiven me and wishes I would forgive him, but he won't face up to the false witness he's borne against me. His friends, most of whom are atheists and homosexual-lovers, think I should let it drop.

What do you think?
Would a real Christian act the way he did?
Can true repentance come without facing up to your sin?
Can forgiveness be given to someone who won't acknowledge their sin?
Should I try to correct him?
Or should I shake the dust from my feet and shun him?

Knight
November 9th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Dear Knight

There's this guy I know at work who claims to be a Christian, but he has a reputation for unChristian behavior. He's been caught telling lies about me to other people. When I've tried to get him to explain himself, he won't. Lately he tells me that he's forgiven me and wishes I would forgive him, but he won't face up to the false witness he's borne against me. His friends, most of whom are atheists and homosexual-lovers, think I should let it drop.Let me guess... he's a lawyer?

What do you think?
Would a real Christian act the way he did?Possibly. While you can often spot a Christian by their fruit you can't always determine that a person ISN'T a Christian by the fruit. Although, you could always give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are not a Christian.

Can true repentance come without facing up to your sin?I don't think so.

Can forgiveness be given to someone who won't acknowledge their sin?No.

Should I try to correct him?
Or should I shake the dust from my feet and shun him?There comes a point when you can end up doing more harm than good.

There comes a point when all that can be said... has been said. Then it's time to move on or try another strategy.

some other dude
November 9th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Let me guess... he's a lawyer?

No, this guy pretends to be a biology teacher from Texas. ;)

Possibly. While you can often spot a Christian by their fruit you can't always determine that a person ISN'T a Christian by the fruit. Although, you could always give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are not a Christian.

I don't think so.
No.
There comes a point when you can end up doing more harm than good.

There comes a point when all that can be said... has been said. Then it's time to move on or try another strategy.

Thanks for your sage advice. :thumb:

Nick M
November 10th, 2011, 10:08 AM
You forum the last 24 hours has been like a beached whale. Just your site. What gives?

Knight
November 10th, 2011, 05:15 PM
This thread has become to big and therefore slow. 5,332 responses and 261,543 page views. Therefore I have created Ask Knight II (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77872) to pick up where this thread left off.