PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Prince Now?

Pages : [1] 2

WeberHome
April 22nd, 2016, 11:52 AM
-
Prince started out in life as a Seventh Day Adventist. Sometime around 2001 he joined the Jehovah's Witnesses; which is the missionary arm of the Watchtower Society.

According to the Society's theology, human life is entirely physical. In other words; people experience no conscious existence beyond the demise of their bodies; and if there is no conscious existence beyond the demise of one's body, then of course there is no hell.

But supposing the Society is mistaken? If so, then that poor man crossed over the river Styx totally unprepared to run headlong into his worst nightmare.

Up here on the surface, Prince was a celebrity. But down there, if he's down there, Prince is just another skull among the myriads of forgotten souls who no longer matter.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

theophilus
April 22nd, 2016, 11:57 AM
Musician's "heaven?"

:eek:

heir
April 22nd, 2016, 12:15 PM
He was in a cult. Having never trusted the Lord believing the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 125:1-4 KJV), he shall perish like all of the others who receive not the love of the truth that they can be saved 2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV.

HisServant
April 22nd, 2016, 12:30 PM
Wherever God wants him. It is not our job to second guess God's sovereign choice.

Ask Mr. Religion
April 22nd, 2016, 02:47 PM
Prince is exactly where he is supposed to be. When God shuts His mouth, so should we (Deut. 29:29).

AMR

jamie
April 22nd, 2016, 02:47 PM
He was in a cult. Having never trusted the Lord believing the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 125:1-4 KJV), he shall perish like all of the others who receive not the love of the truth that they can be saved 2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV.

For how long will he perish?

Bright Raven
April 22nd, 2016, 02:51 PM
He lived in unbelief. You tell me.

Epoisses
April 22nd, 2016, 03:17 PM
Prince is on the purple highway to hell. He sold his soul for fame and glory and now he gets to reap his reward.

WeberHome
April 22nd, 2016, 11:48 PM
-
†. 1Cor 15:1-4 . . Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

. . . For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day

Were you to ask John Q and/or Jane Doe Watchtower Society missionary if they believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, I can assure you they would answer in the affirmative. However, what you may not know is that you and they would not be on the same page as the conversation would be talking about two very different processes that go by the same name. In other words: you would find yourself thrown off by semantic double speak.

The standard Christian understanding of Christ's resurrection is common throughout the gospels; viz: Jesus Christ died as a physical human being and he came back as a physical human being as per John 2:19-22.

But according to the Watchtower Society's way of seeing things; Christ didn't return from death physically at all; and here's why.

In Watch Tower Society theology, an angel named Michael volunteered to come to the earth to die for humanity's sins. But in order to do so; he had to relinquish his angel existence to become a human being seeing as how in Society theology it is impossible for someone to exist as a spirit being and a human being simultaneously. Thus when Michael's so-called "life force" was transferred to flesh and given the name Jesus; he became not only a different species of life, but a whole other person too; viz: except for his so called "life force" Michael the angel ceased to exist.

But Michael's existence as a human being was only temporary. When his human existence passed away on the cross, the rumor is that God transferred Michael's life force back into his angel corpse and restored him to his former spirit existence; thus leaving his human corpse in a permanent state of decease.

There is a really, really big hole in the Society's theology; and that's the dead man's corpse. In order to confirm that Jesus stayed dead, the Society is going to have produce his remains. A piece of evidence of that significance can't be allowed to just slip through a crack unnoticed as if it makes no difference.

†. Acts 1:1-3 . .The first account, O Theophilus, I composed about all the things Jesus started both to do and to teach, until the day that he was taken up, after he had given commandment through holy spirit to the apostles whom he chose. To these also by many positive proofs he showed himself alive after he had suffered.

Did Jesus really show himself alive by many positive proofs after he had suffered? Not according to the Watch Tower Society. In their theology, Michael the angel showed himself alive by means of a materialized body that resembled his alter ego in every way-- nail prints and spear wound to boot --because Michael's human body had to stay dead in order for him to regain his angel body.

There are some seriously fatal flaws in that theory.

1• The New Testament never even one time, on any occasion, nor under any circumstances, nor in any situation, either attests, alleges, alludes, or states that an angel named Michael appeared in Christ's human form cloaked in a materialized body.

2• Michael the angel never once identities himself as Michael the angel when allegedly appearing in a materialized body.

3• Passing one's self off in the guise of a dead man is the lowest form of identity theft imaginable. People do it all the time; and it's what I expect from human beings, but that is not the kind of behavior I have a right to expect from an arch angel.

4• A so-called materialized body is not a real person; it's an avatar.

5• Neither Paul, nor Peter, nor John, nor James, nor Jude, ever even one single time in any of their writings correlate Jesus Christ with Michael the angel: not once. You'd think that if Michael the angel was Jesus Christ, that those men would have said so because that would be a really big deal.

If Prince didn't believe Jesus Christ's crucified body revived, then according to 1Cor 15:1-4 he departed this life an unsaved man.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Grosnick Marowbe
April 23rd, 2016, 12:20 AM

Yep!

Robert Pate
April 23rd, 2016, 07:46 AM
Prince is in the grave for now, but most likely will be in the resurrection of the damned, John 5:29.

WeberHome
April 23rd, 2016, 08:12 AM
-
†. 1Cor 15:4 . . He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

One of the primo scriptures related to Christ's recovery is located in the Psalms.

†. Ps 16:8-10 . . I have placed Jehovah in front of me constantly. Because he is at my right hand, I shall not be made to totter. Therefore my heart does rejoice, and my glory is inclined to be joyful. Also, my own flesh will reside in security. For you will not leave my soul in Sheol. You will not allow your loyal one to see the pit.

According to Acts 2:25-31, that passage in the 16th Psalm speaks of Christ; particularly that his crucified body was not left to putrefaction.

Another scripture speaking of Christ's recovery, is the story of Jonah.

†. Matt 12:40 . . For just as Jonah was in the belly of the huge fish three days and three nights, so the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights.

Was Jonah alive in the fish? Yes. The whole time? No.

At some point in Jonah's nautical adventure he went to a place called sheol (Jonah 2:2) which he described as the bottoms of the mountains (Jonah 2:6).

The bottoms of the mountains aren't located in the tummies of fish, no; they're located down deep in the earth.

Now when you think about it, Christ's corpse wasn't interred in the heart of the earth. In point of fact it was interred on the surface of the earth in a rock-hewn tomb. So then, in order for Christ to be down in the heart of the earth while up on the surface too-- literally two places at once --he and his body had to part company and go separate ways.

Just before being vomited ashore, Jonah prayed thus:

†. Jonah 2:6 . .To the bottoms of the mountains I went down. As for the earth, its bars were upon me for time indefinite. But out of the pit you proceeded to bring up my life, O Jehovah my God.

The Hebrew word for "pit" in that verse is the very same word for "pit" in Ps 16:8-10; which Acts 2:25-31 verifies is speaking of putrefaction. In other words: Jonah 2:6 is the language of resurrection.

So then, just as Jonah's soul was not left in sheol, neither was Christ's. And just as Jonah's body was not left to decompose, neither was Christ's. So then, both men came back from death as normal human beings rather than spirit beings. If that were not so, then the story of Jonah would be a pretty useless parallel to Christ's story.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Cruciform
April 23rd, 2016, 03:35 PM
Where Is Prince Now?
I have absolutely no idea, and neither do you or anyone else on TOL. God alone is the omniscient Judge of men's souls.

WeberHome
April 23rd, 2016, 06:20 PM
Michael's existence as a human being was only temporary. When his human existence passed away on the cross, the rumor is that God transferred Michael's life force back into his angel corpse and restored him to his former spirit existence; thus leaving his human corpse in a permanent state of decease.

In other words: the Society maintains that Jesus' crucified body has to stay dead so Michael can be an angel again. But that's not the only reason the Society gives for keeping Jesus' crucified body perpetually deceased.

Another explanation is given on page 237 of the April 15, 1963 issue of the Watchtower magazine; where it's stated:

"If Jesus were to take his body of flesh, blood, and bones to heaven and enjoy them there, what would this mean? It would mean that there would be no resurrection of the dead for anybody. Why not? Because Jesus would be taking his sacrifice off God's altar."

But the Bible says that were Jesus' crucified body still dead, then God would have no basis upon which to justify letting people off.

†. Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered up for the sake of our trespasses and was raised up for the sake of declaring us righteous.

†. 1Cor 15:17 . .Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you are yet in your sins.

If perchance Prince went out believing Christ's crucified body is still dead; and its remains squirreled away somewhere on earth in a condition and a location known only to God; then he went out an unforgiven man. I don't think I have to tell you what that means.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Danoh
April 24th, 2016, 02:17 AM
Having personally led children to the Lord though their parents were in one cult or another; I can personally attest that none of us knows where Prince will have ended up based on his testimony as an adult.

Anyone who says otherwise is simply being a narrow minded grace legalist.

I suspect we will all be surprised at who we find "upstairs."

May Prince have known The Prince of Peace, at some point throughout his long, fascinating life...

Sonnet
April 24th, 2016, 06:33 AM
-
†. 1Cor 15:1-4 . . Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

. . . For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day

Were you to ask John Q and/or Jane Doe Watchtower Society missionary if they believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, I can assure you they would answer in the affirmative. However, what you may not know is that you and they would not be on the same page as the conversation would be talking about two very different processes that go by the same name. In other words: you would find yourself thrown off by semantic double speak.

The standard Christian understanding of Christ's resurrection is common throughout the gospels; viz: Jesus Christ died as a physical human being and he came back as a physical human being as per John 2:19-22.

But according to the Watchtower Society's way of seeing things; Christ didn't return from death physically at all; and here's why.

In Watch Tower Society theology, an angel named Michael volunteered to come to the earth to die for humanity's sins. But in order to do so; he had to relinquish his angel existence to become a human being seeing as how in Society theology it is impossible for someone to exist as a spirit being and a human being simultaneously. Thus when Michael's so-called "life force" was transferred to flesh and given the name Jesus; he became not only a different species of life, but a whole other person too; viz: except for his so called "life force" Michael the angel ceased to exist.

But Michael's existence as a human being was only temporary. When his human existence passed away on the cross, the rumor is that God transferred Michael's life force back into his angel corpse and restored him to his former spirit existence; thus leaving his human corpse in a permanent state of decease.

There is a really, really big hole in the Society's theology; and that's the dead man's corpse. In order to confirm that Jesus stayed dead, the Society is going to have produce his remains. A piece of evidence of that significance can't be allowed to just slip through a crack unnoticed as if it makes no difference.

†. Acts 1:1-3 . .The first account, O Theophilus, I composed about all the things Jesus started both to do and to teach, until the day that he was taken up, after he had given commandment through holy spirit to the apostles whom he chose. To these also by many positive proofs he showed himself alive after he had suffered.

Did Jesus really show himself alive by many positive proofs after he had suffered? Not according to the Watch Tower Society. In their theology, Michael the angel showed himself alive by means of a materialized body that resembled his alter ego in every way-- nail prints and spear wound to boot --because Michael's human body had to stay dead in order for him to regain his angel body.

There are some seriously fatal flaws in that theory.

1• The New Testament never even one time, on any occasion, nor under any circumstances, nor in any situation, either attests, alleges, alludes, or states that an angel named Michael appeared in Christ's human form cloaked in a materialized body.

2• Michael the angel never once identities himself as Michael the angel when allegedly appearing in a materialized body.

3• Passing one's self off in the guise of a dead man is the lowest form of identity theft imaginable. People do it all the time; and it's what I expect from human beings, but that is not the kind of behavior I have a right to expect from an arch angel.

4• A so-called materialized body is not a real person; it's an avatar.

5• Neither Paul, nor Peter, nor John, nor James, nor Jude, ever even one single time in any of their writings correlate Jesus Christ with Michael the angel: not once. You'd think that if Michael the angel was Jesus Christ, that those men would have said so because that would be a really big deal.

If Prince didn't believe Jesus Christ's crucified body revived, then according to 1Cor 15:1-4 he departed this life an unsaved man.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

And Hebrews 1:9 - to which of the angels did God ever say, 'thou art my son, today i have become your father.'

Grosnick Marowbe
April 24th, 2016, 07:00 AM
If Prince heard the "True Gospel" of God's Grace towards humanity and placed ALL his faith in Jesus Christ as his Savior, was sealed, indwelt, and baptized into the Body of Christ, then, he is spending eternity with God in Heaven. If he remained unsaved he is in a waiting place of torment called: Hades.

He will stay there until the judgment where he will stand before God, be judged by his works and cast into the Lake of Fire for eternity. God only offers one way of salvation and that is through the death and resurrection of Christ and the faith placed in Him alone.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 24th, 2016, 07:09 AM
In my opinion, the Holy Spirit draws all men to God's Grace during the course of their lifetime. There may come a time when a man or woman "hardens their heart" against the Gospel and can no longer hear the Holy Spirits calling? In which case they are lost and headed for judgment. I believe that the majority of humanity will not enter eternal life. Matthew 7:14 states: "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Grosnick Marowbe
April 24th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Those who are members of the Body of Christ are guaranteed an eternal life with God. Whereas, those who reject God's "free gift" are guaranteed judgment and eternal damnation. That's the way it is and will be.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 24th, 2016, 07:17 AM
The simplicity of God's Grace which is offered to all of humanity is a matter of acceptance or rejection of the offer God has given each one of us.

Sonnet
April 24th, 2016, 07:21 AM
Prince may have put his faith in Christ at the last.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 24th, 2016, 07:23 AM
If Prince accepted God's Grace, he's with God now. If he didn't, he's awaiting judgment and eternal damnation. Which it is, I know not? For his sake, I hope he made the right decision? He was a Jehovah Witness cult member and I highly doubt he would have found the "True Gospel" within the confines of that cult? That would be of great concern.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 24th, 2016, 07:30 AM
When your eternal destination is based on where you place your faith, it would be best to make that search a priority in your life. We spend zero to eighty/ninety years on planet earth and that is nothing compared to eternity. James 4:14 "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

Grosnick Marowbe
April 24th, 2016, 07:34 AM
Everyone will be an automatic believer in the afterlife after we leave this "physical world." You will either go to be with the Lord or you will wind up in Hades awaiting the final judgment of God.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 24th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Someday our hearts will stop beating. Where you spend eternity depends on what choice you make while your heart beats.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 24th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Prince may have put his faith in Christ at the last.

That's a possibility?

PureX
April 24th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Cool! Let's all judge and condemn someone we don't know, as if we were God!

This is all I know about the man …

MxVeUvo5COI

chrysostom
April 24th, 2016, 10:46 AM
you must have something better to do than to worry about where prince is

Sonnet
April 24th, 2016, 10:56 AM
That's a possibility?

Were you there?

freelight
April 24th, 2016, 06:10 PM

:thumb:

He played dozens of instruments and was equally quite awesome on the guitar. He was amazing not only as a musician but as a human being, as attested by his friends, he also gave to many charities and was a true humanitarian - I just tire of so much judgment on a person when they don't know the breadth and the depth of his music or his personal journey. He always as far as I know spoke highly and favorably of 'God', and honored/inspired the free expression and individuality of each person.

Here is Princes first TV interview in 1985 where he speaks of his belief in God as one can tell he was raised with some religious values having some kind of 'faith' in Deity and the hereafter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbENboiR7fU

freelight
April 24th, 2016, 06:23 PM
-
Prince started out in life as a Seventh Day Adventist. Sometime around 2001 he joined the Jehovah's Witnesses; which is the missionary arm of the Watchtower Society.

According to the Society's theology, human life is entirely physical. In other words; people experience no conscious existence beyond the demise of their bodies; and if there is no conscious existence beyond the demise of one's body, then of course there is no hell.

But supposing the Society is mistaken? If so, then that poor man crossed over the river Styx totally unprepared to run headlong into his worst nightmare.

Up here on the surface, Prince was a celebrity. But down there, if he's down there, Prince is just another skull among the myriads of forgotten souls who no longer matter.

While you're picking on some particulars of SDA or WT theology that you disagree with, don't forget Prince grew up with the Bible and its study (whatever theology reflecting from its pages), no matter what 'denomination' he belonged to, so you don't know how much personal or community Bible study he profited from, no matter what peculiar doctrines the cult he was associated with believed in. There are dozens of religious sects all using the Bible and having different interpretations of such, on certain particulars, even though all share a common agreement on the most essential universal principles it teaches such as love of God and love for your fellow man.

Here (http://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/christianity/prince-reflecting-on-his-life-religion-spirituality) is a good article page with video interviews of Prince's religious beliefs and some of his performances.

freelight
April 24th, 2016, 06:28 PM

So? Any church, tradition or denomination can be called a 'cult' by the common standard definition, if you want to get technical. Furthermore, you do not know for sure the condition of Prince's soul before God, neither can make such a final or absolute conclusion on that. Even if 'salvation' was according to your concept or understanding of it, apparently mostly taken from Paul's gospel, you still don't know that that's totally correct, its just a portion of the NT that you have chosen to believe as some kind of religious authority.

freelight
April 24th, 2016, 06:30 PM
He lived in unbelief. You tell me.

How on earth do you know that he lived in 'unbelief'? How do you justify this assumption?

freelight
April 24th, 2016, 06:34 PM
If Prince heard the "True Gospel" of God's Grace towards humanity and placed ALL his faith in Jesus Christ as his Savior, was sealed, indwelt, and baptized into the Body of Christ, then, he is spending eternity with God in Heaven. If he remained unsaved he is in a waiting place of torment called: Hades.

He will stay there until the judgment where he will stand before God, be judged by his works and cast into the Lake of Fire for eternity. God only offers one way of salvation and that is through the death and resurrection of Christ and the faith placed in Him alone.

This is your personal religious belief. You do not know for sure the condition of Prince's soul before God, neither do you know about his personal faith in 'God', only Prince and 'God' know that.

freelight
April 24th, 2016, 06:39 PM
If Prince accepted God's Grace, he's with God now. If he didn't, he's awaiting judgment and eternal damnation. Which it is, I know not? For his sake, I hope he made the right decision? He was a Jehovah Witness cult member and I highly doubt he would have found the "True Gospel" within the confines of that cult? That would be of great concern.

Yep,...you gotta watch out for them 'cults'! (get your holy ghost machine gun out, and round up the heretic hunters!)

:doh:

Don't forget, the J-dubs used to be called 'Bible Students',...they know their Bible very well, in fact better than some nominal protestant Christians out there. I'm sure if the 'true gospel' is tucked away in the 'Bible' somewhere, and they are diligent bible students,...they'll get the message contained in the Bible.

Lon
April 24th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Wow. Freelight sure loved that Prince guy. He sure is offended that Christians don't like him and think he was lewd and immoral....

I have no idea where the guy is. I do know that a lot of his material, and that specifically lauded by Freelight, Purex, and others in threads about the man, is inappropriate Mature content and not something that should be discussed on TOL as nothing but'admiration' . Some things are about discernment which a few on TOL lack.

SonOfCaleb
April 25th, 2016, 05:56 AM
Prince is in the grave for now, but most likely will be in the resurrection of the damned, John 5:29.

No one appointed you as a judge over the living or the dead. The reality is -according to the Bible- no one other than Gods appointed Judge Jesus can determine the fate of the living or the dead. The one thing that Prince is assured of is the ressurection hope.

SonOfCaleb
April 25th, 2016, 06:13 AM
-

No its not. Jehovahs Witnesses is the religious name of the organization. The Watcher Tower Bible and Tract Society is the historical registered and legal name of the coporation that is the Jehovahs Witnesses. All Jehovahs Witnesses are evangelical and in a religious and secular sense are 'missionarys'.

Ecclesiates 9:5 " For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all"

Wise King Solomon wrote this under inspiration over 3000 years ago. If you believe the word of God the Bible to be true as do the Witnesses how can they be wrong when it says clearly in Gods word the "dead are concious of nothing".

SonOfCaleb
April 25th, 2016, 06:19 AM
In other words: the Society maintains that Jesus' crucified body has to stay dead so Michael can be an angel again. But that's not the only reason the Society gives for keeping Jesus' crucified body perpetually deceased.

Another explanation is given on page 237 of the April 15, 1963 issue of the Watchtower magazine; where it's stated:

"If Jesus were to take his body of flesh, blood, and bones to heaven and enjoy them there, what would this mean? It would mean that there would be no resurrection of the dead for anybody. Why not? Because Jesus would be taking his sacrifice off God's altar."

But the Bible says that were Jesus' crucified body still dead, then God would have no basis upon which to justify letting people off.

†. Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered up for the sake of our trespasses and was raised up for the sake of declaring us righteous.

†. 1Cor 15:17 . .Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you are yet in your sins.

If perchance Prince went out believing Christ's crucified body is still dead; and its remains squirreled away somewhere on earth in a condition and a location known only to God; then he went out an unforgiven man. I don't think I have to tell you what that means.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Im going to be pretty blunt. This entire post is nonsense. Either you're very adept in the art of mendacious sophistry or you know absolutely nothing about the beliefs of the Jehovahs Witnesses. For now im going to guess the lata is the case.....

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 06:48 AM
We MUST not forget, the JWs are a religious cult, they are in no way part of true Christianity.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Wow. Freelight sure loved that Prince guy. He sure is offended that Christians don't like him and think he was lewd and immoral....

I have no idea where the guy is. I do know that a lot of his material, and that specifically lauded by Freelight, Purex, and others in threads about the man, is inappropriate Mature content and not something that should be discussed on TOL as nothing but'admiration' . Some things are about discernment which a few on TOL lack.

Good post Lon.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 06:58 AM
This is your personal religious belief. You do not know for sure the condition of Prince's soul before God, neither do you know about his personal faith in 'God', only Prince and 'God' know that.

Your UFO cultist beliefs hinder you from offering ANYTHING relating to Christendom. You best opt out.

SonOfCaleb
April 25th, 2016, 07:09 AM
We MUST not forget, the JWs are a religious cult, they are in no way part of true Christianity.

You obviously don't know what the definition of a cult is and neither are you au fait with what true Christianity is. You can keep on repeating your false claim but that's not going to make it any truer than the last umpteen times you've said it.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 07:20 AM

Again, you're a UFO cultist and cannot speak from the Christian faith. Your opinion is of NO consequence.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 07:21 AM
You obviously don't know what the definition of a cult is and neither are you au fait with what true Christianity is. You can keep on repeating your false claim but that's not going to make it any truer than the last umpteen times you've said it.

Obviously, you're a JW cultist.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 07:23 AM
SofC claims to be the authority on Christianity here on this thread. :rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 07:24 AM
He is defending the JW cult.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 07:26 AM
Im going to be pretty blunt. This entire post is nonsense. Either you're very adept in the art of mendacious sophistry or you know absolutely nothing about the beliefs of the Jehovahs Witnesses. For now im going to guess the lata is the case.....

Are you a JW?

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 07:28 AM

Notice I used the word "If?"

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 07:30 AM
How on earth do you know that he lived in 'unbelief'? How do you justify this assumption?

You're not the one to offer any opinion relating to Christianity. You're a cultist, remember?

WeberHome
April 25th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Ecclesiates 9:5 " For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all"

Wise King Solomon wrote this under inspiration over 3000 years ago. If you believe the word of God the Bible to be true as do the Witnesses how can they be wrong when it says clearly in Gods word the "dead are concious of nothing".

Back in 2008 a financial crisis called the "housing bubble" collapsed and quite a few people lost their homes, and a whole lot more lost their jobs and their retirement packages.

There's a sneaky bubble in the Bible that I've labeled the "Ecclesiastes bubble". Large numbers of people are relying upon comments in Ecclesiastes as proof that human life does not exist beyond the demise of the human body. It's a bubble because they are unaware that Ecclesiastes isn't a doctrinal book. No, far from it. Ecclesiastes is an inspired sample of worldly philosophy.

Though a holy man wrote Ecclesiastes, and was no doubt divinely motivated to do so; he didn't record his observations from the perspective of an enlightened man who's privy to knowledge beyond the scope of empirical evidence and human experience; but rather, he recorded his observations from the perspective of a man under the sun; viz: an earthy intellectual thinking for himself whose perception of reality is moderated by what he can see going on around him in the physical universe rather than what he cannot see going on around him in the non-physical sphere.

Ecclesiastes is popular with agnostics and atheists because it agrees, to a very large extent, with their own secular philosophies; viz: Solomon's observations are primarily an evaluation of life on earth as seen from the earth rather than an evaluation of life on earth as seen from heaven. In other words: he spoke of life from the perspective of empirical evidence and human experience.

Empirical evidence can be defined as: knowledge gained from observation; which is why you'll often read Ecclesiastes saying: "I have seen". Well; intellectuals can't see beyond death; so to them, death ends human existence because in the absence of empirical evidence for life beyond the grave, there is no logical basis for believing it's there-- simple as that.

Solomon was a very wise man, and the brightest intellectual of his day. But Christ claimed that his wisdom is superior to Solomon's.

†. Luke 11:31 . .The queen of the south will be raised up in the judgment with the men of this generation and will condemn them; because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, but, look! Something more than Solomon is here.

Solomon's understanding was limited, but Christ's is exceedingly vast.

†. Col 2:3 . . In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Traditional Christianity casts its vote for Christ primarily because it believes that no man could possibly know more about the afterlife than he; and also because it is God's edict that people listen to His son.

†. Matt 17:5 . . While Peter was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and behold, a voice out of the cloud, saying: This is My beloved son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to him.

No doubt Solomon was inspired to put his world view in writing; but Christ was more than inspired to say the things he spoke; the things he spoke came directly from God; so when he speaks of the afterlife, it pays to listen.

†. John 3:34-35 . . For he is sent by God. He speaks God's words; for God's Spirit is upon him without measure or limit.

†. John 8:26 . . He that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of Him.

†. John 8:28 . . I speak these things as the Father taught me.

†. John 12:49 . . I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

†. John 14:24 . .The word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

In other words; people who take sides with Ecclesiastes' world view against Jesus Christ's heaven-sent message, have taken sides against God; and the repercussions of their choice are disastrous to say the least.

†. John 3:18 . .Whoever believes in His son is not condemned, but whoever disbelieves stands condemned already

†. John 3:36 . . He that disbelieves the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abides on him.

Q: If Ecclesiastes really and truly counts as inspired scripture; then it's legitimate to ask: What purpose did God have in mind for Solomon's worldly views? In what way is his personal philosophy of life useful for reproving, for setting things straight, and for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work? (2Tim 3:16-17)

A: Ecclesiastes is very valuable for showing that life sans the divine perspective is both futile and meaningless. Humankind needs to believe in something more than itself just to make sense of why people exist at all.

People who disbelieve in the possibility of a hereafter tend to be darkened by a somewhat pessimistic opinion of life; for example:

Nobel Prize winner, author of several best-selling books, and recipient of at least a dozen honorary degrees; physicist Steven Weinberg (who views religion as an enemy of science), in his book "The First Three Minutes" wrote: The more the universe seems comprehensible, the more it seems pointless. But if there is no solace in the fruits of our research, there is at least some consolation in the research itself . . . the effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things that lifts human life a little above the level of a farce and gives it some of the grace of tragedy.

Well of course Mr. Weinberg feels that way. How else could a thinking man feel when he believes in nothing beyond the natural world?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Jude 1:3 "Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."

freelight
April 25th, 2016, 12:58 PM
You're not the one to offer any opinion relating to Christianity.

Having studied the history and political/doctrinal developments of Christianity, and other aspects of religious psychology and philosophy...my offerings into the nature of such are insightful. Being a student of comparative religions also helps. I don't know your educational level of religious studies or the expanse of your spiritual experience, but judging from your manners and 'offerings' here so far,...looks like you might have a lot more to learn.

You're a cultist, remember?

I am not a 'cultist', SO STOP CLAIMING that I am. You don't have a clue what I am, even if you could put my religion or philosophical leanings into a category. All you can offer is a pre-packaged version of Pauline Christianity and then the polemics and ad-homimens that come from a bigoted mentality, also prone to demean and belittling others which is far from being 'Christ-like'. This is more the behavior of a 'cultist' if you'd like a definition of one, who then believes anyone that does not believe like them, is going to suffer eternal hellfire.

freelight
April 25th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Wow. Freelight sure loved that Prince guy.

I grew up with his music as a teen-ager in the 80's, so theres a nostalgic connection for sure, but many thousands besides myself also recognize his musical genius as a pioneer and innovator. I don't think my 'love' for Prince is any more exuberant than other fans of Prince's music, and many are much more passionate.

He sure is offended that Christians don't like him and think he was lewd and immoral....

Nah,...not really. A good portion of music did often cater to the sensual/sexual side of things, but to say that all his material was 'lewd and immoral' is a bit exaggerated. Unless you know the full span and spectrum of his musical creations, you really cant judge him from just a few songs of his that upset your 'Christian standard of morals'. He was devoutly religious, in any case.

I respect Prince as an 'artist', a legend in his own right. I haven't posted any expressly 'lewd' or 'immoral' songs by Prince, but have posted a few performances that showcase his artistry. I think that's something to be in awe of and respect, since I see these musical gifts and talents as God-given.

freelight
April 25th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Obviously, you're a JW cultist.

Obviously, you're a bigot who deems anyone associated with a religious group, book or philosophy that is not the same as your 'version' of Christianity as being a "CULTIST", - you never tire of using pejorative terms to marginalize and demean any religious group or person that does not share the same belief-system as you.

Bright Raven
April 25th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Obviously, you're a bigot who deems anyone associated with a religious group, book or philosophy that is not the same as your 'version' of Christianity as being a "CULTIST", - you never tire of using pejorative terms to marginalize and demean any religious group or person that does not share the same belief-system as you.

Prince is waiting for the Great White Throne Judgement.

freelight
April 25th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Prince is waiting for the Great White Throne Judgement.

You don't know that, that's your 'belief'. It might behoove you to know the difference.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 02:50 PM
You don't know that, that's your 'belief'. It might behoove you to know the difference.

You certainly wouldn't KNOW anything relating to any Spiritual matters. After all, you're a "UFO Cultist" and not a Christian.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 02:52 PM

There's only ONE true Gospel. Of course, you being a UFO Cultist wouldn't know that?

freelight
April 25th, 2016, 02:53 PM
You certainly wouldn't KNOW anything relating to any Spiritual matters. After all, you're a "UFO Cultist" and not a Christian.

Here (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117565-Where-Is-Prince-Now&p=4685605&viewfull=1#post4685605)

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Having studied the history and political/doctrinal developments of Christianity, and other aspects of religious psychology and philosophy...my offerings into the nature of such are insightful. Being a student of comparative religions also helps. I don't know your educational level of religious studies or the expanse of your spiritual experience, but judging from your manners and 'offerings' here so far,...looks like you might have a lot more to learn.

I am not a 'cultist', SO STOP CLAIMING that I am. You don't have a clue what I am, even if you could put my religion or philosophical leanings into a category. All you can offer is a pre-packaged version of Pauline Christianity and then the polemics and ad-homimens that come from a bigoted mentality, also prone to demean and belittling others which is far from being 'Christ-like'. This is more the behavior of a 'cultist' if you'd like a definition of one, who then believes anyone that does not believe like them, is going to suffer eternal hellfire.

You are a Cultist. You're a Urantia UFO Cultist according to Google search.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Here (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117565-Where-Is-Prince-Now&p=4685605&viewfull=1#post4685605)

One need only Google "UFO Religions" and Urantia will show up. You shouldn't be acting like you know where Prince is or isn't after death? Only Christians would have an ability to ascertain Spiritual matters. Not UFO Cultists such as yourself and Caino.

freelight
April 25th, 2016, 03:02 PM
I'm not gonna read any of your Urantia propaganda.

Here (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?103005-BROTHERHOOD-OF-THE-URANTIA-FANATICS!&p=3981569&viewfull=1#post3981569) (already addressed and corrected)

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 03:08 PM
I thought Freelight and Caino were just restricted to their own thread recently? Instead, Freelight is giving his "opinion" all over TOL? He said he'll continue to speak his piece, no matter.

Bright Raven
April 25th, 2016, 03:16 PM

He was a Jehovah's Witness.

serpentdove
April 25th, 2016, 03:21 PM

Yep :burnlib: Jn 8:24

Another one bites the dust (https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=rY0WxgSXdEE)~ Queen

See:

Jehovah's False Witnesses (http://vananne.com/culttoasters/#Jehovahs_Witnesses)

Related:

Lordship (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?116690-quot-Lordship-Salvation-quot-perverting-the-gospel-of-Christ&p=4634445#post4634445)
Has the Law has been done away with? (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117812-Has-the-Law-has-been-done-away-with&p=4698424#post4698424)
At patrick jane At john w At Nick At SaultoPaul At Musterion At heir At GloryDaz At exminister At Grosnick Marowbe (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117782-patrick-jane-john-w-Nick-SaultoPaul-Musterion-heir-GloryDays-exminister&p=4696093#post4696093)
Must We Confess Every Sin? (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117221-MUST-WE-CONFESS-EVERY-SIN-TO-BE-FORGIVEN&p=4664864&posted=1#post4664864)
Give Your Life to Jesus (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?116841-quot-Give-Your-Life-to-Jesus-quot)
How Many on TOL are Grace Gospel Believers? (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117320-HOW-MANY-ON-TOL-ARE-GRACE-GOSPEL-BELIEVERS&p=4668603#post4668603)
Kirk Cameron: Wives Should 'Honor and Respect and Follow Their Husband's Lead' (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117669-Kirk-Cameron-Wives-Should-Honor-and-Respect-and-Follow-Their-Husband-s-Lead&p=4690117#post4690117)
The Myth of Unmerited Favor and Grace (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117785-The-Myth-of-unMerited-Favor-and-Grace&p=4696353#post4696353)
The Big Switch (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117813-quot-The-Big-Switch-quot&p=4698478#post4698478)
Did Paul teach obedience? (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118031-Did-Paul-teach-obedience&p=4712729#post4712729)
Where Is Muhammad Ali Now? (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118195-Where-Is-Muhammad-Ali-Now&p=4722917#post4722917)

serpentdove
April 25th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Styx

Come Sail Away (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOWK7Tam01M) http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Cartoon%20Animated%20Emoticons/hawaii%20cartman.gif ~ Eric Cartman

freelight
April 25th, 2016, 04:03 PM
John presents some thoughts on Prince's faith as a Jehovah's witness, offering his own perspective from having been raised a JW himself -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r0bkkOC-XE

Comments on the Youtube page may also provide additional insights.

freelight
April 25th, 2016, 04:05 PM

This doesn't mean he lived in "unbelief", but that he adopted a 'belief' or a 'faith' that gave him support, solace, comfort, a new direction for his life at a time when he needed it.

john w
April 25th, 2016, 04:08 PM
I saw him this morning, at Wendy's. And I saw Elvis at an "Amway Convention" last week.

freelight
April 25th, 2016, 04:10 PM
One need only Google "UFO Religions" and Urantia will show up. You shouldn't be acting like you know where Prince is or isn't after death? Only Christians would have an ability to ascertain Spiritual matters. Not UFO Cultists such as yourself and Caino.

I already corrected you on your claim, many times, over and over and over.

You are relatively new here, I've been posting here for many years on a multitude of various religious subjects, there's a lot you don't know, but plenty that you presume. I suggest taking a vacation perhaps. It may be good for you.

flintstoned
April 25th, 2016, 04:18 PM
He's in Islam's heaven:

http://i.imgur.com/DNzrO1d.jpg

Bright Raven
April 25th, 2016, 04:24 PM
This doesn't mean he lived in "unbelief", but that he adopted a 'belief' or a 'faith' that gave him support, solace, comfort, a new direction for his life at a time when he needed it.

It means He is a cultist and not a Christian. He will spend eternity separated from God.

journey
April 25th, 2016, 04:45 PM

You need to read the forum rules and TOL's Statement of Faith. This is a conservative Christian forum, and this is clearly stated up front. Apologies aren't needed here for telling the truth. I'm sure you would have to look elsewhere to find a forum that supports your views.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Freelight reported me on Woodshed and sounded absolutely "Hysterical!"

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 05:20 PM
I think he may be headed for a total emotional breakdown? Poor fellow.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 05:21 PM
You need to read the forum rules and TOL's Statement of Faith. This is a conservative Christian forum, and this is clearly stated up front. Apologies aren't needed here for telling the truth. I'm sure you would have to look elsewhere to find a forum that supports your views.

Amen!

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 05:22 PM
If Freelight cannot take the heat, he outta get out of Dodge. There must be some nice "UFO Cult Forums" out there? Out there being the 'keywords.'

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 05:27 PM
I already corrected you on your claim, many times, over and over and over.

You are relatively new here, I've been posting here for many years on a multitude of various religious subjects, there's a lot you don't know, but plenty that you presume. I suggest taking a vacation perhaps. It may be good for you.

I'm not the one who is slowly having a breakdown. I believe, it's you! One need only Google "UFO Religions" or Urantia UFO Cult to see that what I'm saying is true. Don't just take my word for it. You're just in denial Freelight.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 05:35 PM
It's kind of ironic, Freelight can't stand Christianity, thinks it's phony, and tries his best to dispute it with all his might, yet, all he has to offer in its place is a book that was published in 1955 by an unknown author/authors? He expects posters on TOL to exchange the Bible for a book of "Sci-Fi fairytales."

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 05:37 PM
It's Freelight and Caino versus all of Christiandom.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Who do ya thinks gonna win in the end?

Lazy afternoon
April 25th, 2016, 05:39 PM
It's kind of ironic, Freelight can't stand Christianity, thinks it's phony, and tries his best to dispute it with all his might, yet, all he has to offer in its place is a book that was published in 1955 by an unknown author/authors? He expects posters on TOL to exchange the Bible for a book of "Sci-Fi fairytales."

You need to discuss the thread topic instead of breaking the rules of the board.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 05:40 PM
I saw him this morning, at Wendy's. And I saw Elvis at an "Amway Convention" last week.

:rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 05:41 PM
You need to discuss the thread topic instead of breaking the rules of the board.

LA

It's your duty to report me then. Stay off of that LA Freeway.

Lazy afternoon
April 25th, 2016, 05:42 PM

5. Thou SHALL NOT hijack threads or be a "thread pest" (Hijacking a thread means intentionally changing the subject of a thread to discredit the thread's purpose. And being a "thread pest" means you pop into random threads just to make a mocking comment with no other purpose than to marginalize the discussion). If you are not interested in the topic of a thread, you might just want to stay out of it.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 25th, 2016, 06:33 PM
5. Thou SHALL NOT hijack threads or be a "thread pest" (Hijacking a thread means intentionally changing the subject of a thread to discredit the thread's purpose. And being a "thread pest" means you pop into random threads just to make a mocking comment with no other purpose than to marginalize the discussion). If you are not interested in the topic of a thread, you might just want to stay out of it.

Well, what ya gonna do?

john w
April 25th, 2016, 06:52 PM

delete

john w
April 25th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Where do you think Jimmy Hoffa is?

heir
April 25th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Having personally led children to the Lord though their parents were in one cult or another; I can personally attest that none of us knows where Prince will have ended up based on his testimony as an adult.

Anyone who says otherwise is simply being a narrow minded grace legalist.

I suspect we will all be surprised at who we find "upstairs."

May Prince have known The Prince of Peace, at some point throughout his long, fascinating life...

We cannot know a man's heart. Only God knows that. We cannot look at what a man does as an indicator of salvation, but a man's testimony of our Lord can be a great indicator as to whether or not he was saved. The OP should be answered with such an understanding. What was Prince's testimony of our Lord? I never heard that he came out of the cult he was in to trust the Lord believing Paul's gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). If he never had a moment when he did, he's not saved and shall perish.

heir
April 25th, 2016, 09:32 PM

How about you? Are you saved?

patrick jane
April 25th, 2016, 09:38 PM
At least he got his vote in for Trump in Minnesota.

chrysostom
April 26th, 2016, 04:05 AM
How about you? Are you saved?

no I am not saved
-I have been redeemed
-so I might be saved

john w
April 26th, 2016, 10:18 AM
no I am not saved
-I have been redeemed
-so I might be saved

Thanks for the "good news," rummy.

SaulToPaul
April 26th, 2016, 10:19 AM
no I am not saved
-I have been redeemed
-so I might be saved

You can be. Will you trust the Lord?

SaulToPaul
April 26th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the "good news," rummy.

Yes sir, that RCC "good news" is enough to make a man jump off a cliff...or crawl under the band stand with spiders.

SaulToPaul
April 26th, 2016, 10:22 AM
On an unrelated note, he was talented, but I was never a fan.
I couldn't relate to his music.

heir
April 26th, 2016, 10:37 AM
no I am not saved
-I have been redeemed
-so I might be savedThose who are saved, know we are as we have trusted the Lord for salvation believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV as the means by which we are saved. Why haven't you?

chrysostom
April 26th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Those who are saved, know we are as we have trusted the Lord for salvation believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV as the means by which we are saved. Why haven't you?

I don't trust your interpretation of what paul said
-do you understand what interpretation means?

heir
April 26th, 2016, 10:59 AM
I don't trust your interpretation of what paul said
-do you understand what interpretation means?Paul declares in verse 2 that Christ dying for our sins (and that He was buried and rose again the third day) is the means by which we are saved. Your problem is unbelief in what saith the scripture, not my believing what it says.

chrysostom
April 26th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Paul declares in verse 2 that Christ dying for our sins (and that He was buried and rose again the third day) is the means by which we are saved. Your problem is unbelief in what saith the scripture, not my believing what it says.

paul says we might be saved

SaulToPaul
April 26th, 2016, 11:13 AM

:chuckle:

Poor religious soul...

Danoh
April 26th, 2016, 11:26 AM
We cannot know a man's heart. Only God knows that. We cannot look at what a man does as an indicator of salvation, but a man's testimony of our Lord can be a great indicator as to whether or not he was saved. The OP should be answered with such an understanding. What was Prince's testimony of our Lord? I never heard that he came out of the cult he was in to trust the Lord believing Paul's gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). If he never had a moment when he did, he's not saved and shall perish.

And none of us; you included, know for certain every moment of any one else's life; who they met; what they were led to believe in that moment and in that moment alone; only to have religion come along and set them on a wrong course.

You might feel the way you do about the following individual also (by his outward testimony); but the Apostle Paul would disagree...

1 Corinthians 5:3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Eternal security is what that is.

We simply do not know one way or the other by a person's obviously screwed up outward testimony alone, what he may have believed about the Cross that was sound at any point earlier in his life before religion came knocking on his door.

He may be in glory, or he may not be - God knoweth.

Point is THIS is WHY some of us make such loud noise about the GREAT, GREAT need out there for THE CLARITY of the gospel of OUR salvation.

Danoh
April 26th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Those who are saved, know we are as we have trusted the Lord for salvation believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV as the means by which we are saved. Why haven't you?

No - those who are saved don't always know they are; or can soon end up having been bewitched away from its clarity by the religion of men.

The Galatians were a perfect example of saints saved unto the day of redemption by God in His Son through the Spirit from the very moment they believed, who lost sight of said understanding - not - of their salvation.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Danoh
April 26th, 2016, 11:41 AM

Care to quote the passage you are referring to towards its' exploring; or are you willing to risk finding out you were wrong only when you get to the other side?

john w
April 26th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Yes sir, that RCC "good news" is enough to make a man jump off a cliff...or crawl under the band stand with spiders.

It is akin to a man/woman, reckoning they can fly, then, jumping off a cliff, and, on the way down, assure themselves, with, "So far, so good."

Am I getting through to you, road runner?

serpentdove
April 26th, 2016, 12:42 PM
[RCC :olinger:] It is akin to a man/woman, reckoning they can fly, then, jumping off a cliff, and, on the way down, assure themselves, with, "So far, so good."

"Ouch." http://vananne.com/serpentdove/et9843769347698437967.png ~ E.T. 2 Pet. 3:9, 15

Grosnick Marowbe
April 26th, 2016, 12:48 PM

Poor religious soul...

Yep. He's too religious for his own good.

serpentdove
April 26th, 2016, 12:50 PM
On an unrelated note, he was talented, but I was never a fan.
I couldn't relate to his music.

How 'bout the http://vananne.com/serpentdove/limpwrist.gif guy liner?

Grosnick Marowbe
April 26th, 2016, 12:52 PM

Amen.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 26th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Religion won't save you.

freelight
April 26th, 2016, 01:47 PM

LA

:thumb:

heir
April 26th, 2016, 09:23 PM
No You don't know you are saved?

Danoh
April 26th, 2016, 10:46 PM
You don't know you are saved?

heir
April 27th, 2016, 04:42 AM
paul says we might be savednope. Those who have trusted the Lord believing the event of 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, are saved!

1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV, 2 Corinthians 2:15 KJV, Ephesians 2:5 KJV,

heir
April 27th, 2016, 04:43 AM
No Romans 8:16 KJV

chrysostom
April 27th, 2016, 04:48 AM
Romans 10:1 kjv
-1 Thessalonians 2:16
-2 Thessalonians 2:10

heir
April 27th, 2016, 05:18 AM
Romans 10:1 kjvThis is Paul showing his desire those Israelites who had REJECTED the Lord!

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

Romans 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

We know this, because Paul knew full well that all Israel shall be saved at the second coming!

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

-1 Thessalonians 2:161 Thessalonians 2:14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:

1 Thessalonians 2:15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

1 Thessalonians 2:16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

Romans 10:14-17 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV

-2 Thessalonians 2:10This is the fate of those like you who receive not the love of the truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV by faith Romans 10:17 KJV).

Danoh
April 27th, 2016, 06:25 AM
Romans 8:16 KJV

2 Cor. 2:13.

chrysostom
April 27th, 2016, 06:31 AM
Romans 8:16 KJV

2 Cor. 2:13.

I love a good dialogue

Danoh
April 27th, 2016, 07:18 AM
I love a good dialogue

You mean what only appears a good sound byte to the eye of its originating beholder :chuckle:

WeberHome
April 27th, 2016, 08:40 AM
-
I'm guessing that Prince was one of the garden variety JWs; a.k.a. the hewers of wood and haulers of water rather than one of the elite 144,000 spirit-born Witnesses.

It's both tragic and ironic that the Watch Tower Society's garden variety missionaries go worldwide advertising a kingdom that they themselves will not be allowed to enter. Here's why.

At John 3:3-12, Christ and a Jewish rabbi named Nicodemus discussed what Christ labeled "earthly things". The primary earthly thing discussed was the kingdom of God. The other earthly thing discussed was the spirit-birth requirement to enter it. In other words: the kingdom of God on earth, and the spirit-birth requirement to enter it, are joined at the hip.

Garden variety Watch Tower Society missionaries (a.k.a. the earthly class) are not spirit-born now, nor do they ever expect to be-- not in this life, nor in the next; yet they hope to enter the kingdom of God on earth. However, seeing as how the spirit-birth requirement to enter it is a must rather than an option; they will not succeed.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Danoh
April 27th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Prince was well known for his beliefs among Hollywood's elite.

Because he would attempt to share his Watch Tower works based heresy one on one with them.

In their ignorance of the truth, they would right off conclude the man was a devout Christian - even many of the so called famous Christians concluded this about him.

Such is the spiritually paralyzing grip on the mind of so many that the power of darkness has via the works based error.

That a form of godliness is Godliness...

In this, even the "walks like a duck; quacks like a duck" ends up subject to the eye of its beholder.

Still; who knows if at any time in his 58 years of life - and that is a long time - and given all the people his huge fame had brought into his life - and there were many - he might have at some point known the true preaching of the Cross; if but for a moment, only to end up shortly thereafter in the tragic commentary that is...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Only God knows...

KingdomRose
April 27th, 2016, 01:13 PM
To WeberHome, post #1:

You've got it absolutely right that there is no further consciousness after death. (Ecclesiastes 9:5) And there is no hell! (Hell FIRE, that is.) Prince is doing what Jesus said that his friend Lazarus was doing: "sleeping." Lazarus didn't know anything, since he was dead. Paul also spoke of the dead as "sleeping." (I Corinthians 11:30; I Thessalonians 4:13)

When we are asleep we do not know what is going on around us. Therefore we would not consciously be anywhere, not in heaven, not in any other place either.

Prince is "asleep" until Jesus brings him back to life in Paradise---the new world---under Christ's rulership. Then someone will have to tell him he was dead. There will have been no conscious passing of time for him.

KingdomRose
April 27th, 2016, 01:15 PM

Your message is harsh, condescending and merciless.

Prince had the love of the truth, and he remained faithful to the end of his life. Therefore he is saved.

Bright Raven
April 27th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Prince unfortunately will be at the great White Throne Judgement for the unbelieving. He was a cult member.

serpentdove
April 27th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Prince had the love of the truth, and he remained faithful to the end of his life. Therefore he is saved.1 Co 6:9-10

KingdomRose
April 27th, 2016, 01:22 PM

MxVeUvo5COI

Thank you. That was beautiful.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 01:29 PM

If that were the case and it's not, then, our Salvation would depend on upon us? Thank God it doesn't, because we'd ALL be lost!

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Prince unfortunately will be at the great White Throne Judgement for the unbelieving. He was a cult member.

That's true, because, if he never heard the "True Gospel" and placed ALL his faith in Christ as his Savior, he is definitely doomed to eternal damnation.

serpentdove
April 27th, 2016, 01:39 PM
...[I]f he never heard the "True Gospel" and placed ALL his faith in Christ as his Savior, he is definitely doomed to eternal damnation.Cc: heir john w glorydaz exminister

Your easy believism won't get you anywhere near the kingdom of God (Pr 16:25, 2 Ti 4:3). :dizzy:

Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).

See:

Lordship (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?116690-quot-Lordship-Salvation-quot-perverting-the-gospel-of-Christ)
Give Your Life to Jesus (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?116841-quot-Give-Your-Life-to-Jesus-quot&p=4641916#post4641916)
How Many on TOL are Grace Gospel Believers? (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117320-HOW-MANY-ON-TOL-ARE-GRACE-GOSPEL-BELIEVERS&p=4668931#post4668931)
Must We Confess Every Sin? (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117221-MUST-WE-CONFESS-EVERY-SIN-TO-BE-FORGIVEN/page8)

john w
April 27th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Cc: heir john w glorydaz exminister

Your easy believism won't get you anywhere near the kingdom of God (

Your "easy work-ism" won't get you anywhere near the kingdom of God.

So there, wolfie, closet Catholic.

serpentdove
April 27th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Your "easy work-ism" won't get you anywhere near the kingdom of God.

So there, wolfie, closet Catholic.http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/girls/girl-applying-lipstick-smiley-emoticon.gif

M14XTB3FCM0

john w
April 27th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Translated: I, son of Cain, as is true of all religious drones, such as Catholics, Mormons, Muslims,...........am clueless as to what this "Jesus" I reference did 2000+ years ago, and why.

Thanks for checkin' in, Roman.

serpentdove
April 27th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Translated: I, son of Cain, as is true of all religious drones, such as Catholics, Mormons, Muslims,...........am clueless as to what this "Jesus" I reference did 2000+ years ago, and why.

Thanks for checkin' in, Roman.:yawn: If we were getting it all right, God wouldn't have to send those two witnesses :bowser: :bowser: now would he? Mal 4:4-6, Mt 24:14

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/26/c3/b0/26c3b008d524f170f9e7dbfe8e11f784.jpg

john w
April 27th, 2016, 02:49 PM
If we were getting it all right, God wouldn't have to send those two witnesses :bowser: :bowser: now would he? Mal 4:4-6, Mt 24:14

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/26/c3/b0/26c3b008d524f170f9e7dbfe8e11f784.jpg
Translated: All scripture is written about me, serpentdove,specifically, is directed to me, for my obedience, and applies to me.

Of course, this explains the debacle of the religious prostitute, the Roman Catholic Organization, your organization, explaining their false doctrines, as they apply all that was written,directed, specifically to the nation of Israel, during the prophetic program, to us today, explaining following Peter, the pope, and following the law, in Matthew-John............

If "Christians" would awake out of their slumber, and see what happens, when you ignore 2 Tim. 2:15 KJV, they would see how Rome justifies what they "teach."

serpentdove
April 27th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Translated: All scripture is written about me, serpentdove,specifically, is directed to me, for my obedience, and applies to me.

Of course, this explains the debacle of the religious prostitute, the Roman Catholic Organization, your organization, explaining their false doctrines, as they apply all that was written,directed, specifically to the nation of Israel, during the prophetic program, to us today, explaining following Peter, the pope, and following the law, in Matthew-John............

If "Christians" would awake out of their slumber, and see what happens, when you ignore 2 Tim. 2:15 KJV, they would see how Rome justifies what they "teach."

:smokie: No chicks in hell, Perry (Ro 8:13). :burnlib:

Crucible
April 27th, 2016, 03:18 PM
He was in a cult.

"If ye do not have the right theology, ye shall go to Hell"

Said no Bible verse, ever.

But spoken like a Darbyist no doubt. Typical judging and over-surety of one's merit.
Before the printing press, you would be judging yourselves to damnation.

john w
April 27th, 2016, 03:20 PM
:smokie: No chicks in hell, Perry (Ro 8:13). :burnlib:

The old reliable, "Cite a verse that just might be remotely related to the topic at hand, clap your hands,pat your back, and think that all of your audience is stunned by your brilliance," return to "One verse/hit wonders" echo chamber, and muse, "I showed him, a thin or two, Lucy."

Weighty.

Take your seat.

Nick M
April 27th, 2016, 03:28 PM

Meshak will be in line saying she was more obedient that Prince. One of their weaknesses their pride gives them is they compare themselves against other people, not the law which declares without spot or blemish.

john w
April 27th, 2016, 03:32 PM

You Darbyists, before the printing press, would be judging yourselves to damnation.

Give us another "You Darbyists" stumper/shut down.....Please???!!! All of us Darbyists are just stumped, blindsided, by that debate ender, so much so, that we cannot respond, as we are all bewildered...

Please?

serpentdove
April 27th, 2016, 03:48 PM
The old reliable, "Cite a verse ...

Tell us all about your repentance, Johnny (Ps. 51:10–13, Ac 9:1–20). :smokie:

Crucible
April 27th, 2016, 04:20 PM
Give us another "You Darbyists" stumper/shut down.....Please???!!! All of us Darbyists are just stumped, blindsided, by that debate ender, so much so, that we cannot respond, as we are all bewildered...

Please?

You godforsaken Darbyists, born from the same era as all the other 19th century 'cults', yet considered differently because of popularity, preach a theology with a condition that it must be believed even though the Reformation and the printing press is what allowed you to decide such an interpretation anyway- which is nonetheless errant.

:wave: there you go

john w
April 27th, 2016, 04:34 PM
You godforsaken Darbyists, born from the same era as all the other 19th century 'cults', yet considered differently because of popularity, preach a theology with a condition that it must be believed even though the Reformation and the printing press is what allowed you to decide such an interpretation anyway- which is nonetheless errant.

:wave: there you go

Wow! You bewildered us with that one, as we are all scratchin' our noggins, and, to "top it off," giving us all a right cross, as we hit the canvas, you zinged us with the old reliable, "original," "never before employed in the history of the world" puzzler/stumper, "cults!" How long did it take you to "Alphabet"/"Bing" that one?

More!!! Please??? Give us the third part of "The Trifecta," that will send us reeling, to the canvas, again!!!! Please????

john w
April 27th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Tell us all about your repentance, Johnny (Ps. 51:10–13, Ac 9:1–20). :smokie:

That's "Mr. Johnny" to you, Brucie(sweet name) boy, Roman Catholic mutt.

And quit quoting Genron, punk, as I know him, and he'd be embarrassed that you cite him, you fraud, as you are a Roman Catholic, posing as their opponent, wicked shill. We are on to you, wolfie boy.

patrick jane
April 27th, 2016, 04:38 PM

Please?

serpentdove
April 27th, 2016, 04:53 PM
That's "Mr. Johnny" to you, Brucie(sweet name) boy, Roman Catholic mutt.

And quit quoting Genron, punk, as I know him, and he'd be embarrassed that you cite him, you fraud, as you are a Roman Catholic, posing as their opponent, wicked shill. We are on to you, wolfie boy.

:yawn: No testimony? :chz4brnz: It could be you’re not saved (2 Co 13:5).

What do ya have against repentance (Ac 8:22), Johnny? Ac 17:30 No turning (Ac 9:35), no returning (1 Sa 7:3), no conversion (Ac 15:3)? The chicks will get over the new you, Johnny. :banana: There is a new you; isn’t there, Johnny? :straight:

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/kiss/girl-blowing-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA) ~ Journey 1 Co 13:8

Crucible
April 27th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Wow! You bewildered us with that one, as we are all scratchin' our noggins, and, to "top it off," giving us all a right cross, as we hit the canvas, you zinged us with the old reliable, "original," "never before employed in the history of the world" puzzler/stumper, "cults!" How long did it take you to "Alphabet"/"Bing" that one?

More!!! Please??? Give us the third part of "The Trifecta," that will send us reeling, to the canvas, again!!!! Please????

I could make a thousand anti-Darbyism threads, like you all do with Calvinism, but I don't obsess over bashing whole denominations :rolleyes:

john w
April 27th, 2016, 05:10 PM
:yawn: No testimony? :chz4brnz: It could be you’re not saved (2 Co 13:5).

What do ya have against repentance (Ac 8:22), Johnny? Ac 17:30 No turning (Ac 9:35), no returning (1 Sa 7:3), no conversion (Ac 15:3)? The chicks will get over the new you, Johnny. :banana: There is a new you; isn’t there, Johnny? :straight:

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/kiss/girl-blowing-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA) ~ Journey 1 Co 13:8

Johnny? You're a sodomite, eh Brucie boy.....Yes....

" It could be you’re not saved"=as all Roman Catholics say.

How is that wafer "god" tasting, of yours, soddy Brucie? Yummmm....

The LORD God repented, Catholic altar boy....

john w
April 27th, 2016, 05:11 PM
delete

john w
April 27th, 2016, 05:13 PM
I could make a thousand anti-Darbyism threads, like you all do with Calvinism, but I don't obsess over bashing whole denominations :rolleyes:

Please???? More "Darbyism"'s!!!!!!!!!!!!! You stump us!!!! We are bedazzled!!!! Please???

serpentdove
April 27th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Johnny? You're a sodomite, eh Brucie boy.....Yes....

" It could be you’re not saved"=as all Roman Catholics say.

How is that wafer "god" tasting, of yours, soddy Brucie? Yummmm....
:yawn: Faithfully (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMD8hBsA-RI) http://vananne.com/serpentdove/bye.gif ~ Journey Ge 3:18, Heb. 4:3, 8–11

john w
April 27th, 2016, 05:16 PM
What do ya have against repentance (Ac 8:22), Johnny?

Repent of what, Roman? Lay it out for us, Brucie boy.

The chicks will get over the new you, Johnny.

Yes, Brucie....Chicks sometimes dig me. You ought to consider chicks, and "repent" of that man crush sin...

john w
April 27th, 2016, 05:18 PM
:yawn: Faithfully (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMD8hBsA-RI) http://vananne.com/serpentdove/bye.gif ~ Journey Ge 3:18, Heb. 4:3, 8–11

Sorry, Catholic-I dig chicks. Maybe give your local Roman "priest" a call, sport.

serpentdove
April 27th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Repent of what, Roman?...

:yawn: 1 Jn 1:8-9

serpentdove
April 27th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Sorry, Catholic-I dig chicks. Maybe give your local Roman "priest" a call, sport.

Edomites don't love, silly (Ex 20:14). :olinger:

john w
April 27th, 2016, 06:12 PM

Genesis-Revelation.

I just "one upped" you.

Fun!

john w
April 27th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Edomites don't love, silly (Ex 20:14). :olinger:

"silly"-Brucie

Typical sodomite language.

You're beginning to bore me, Catholic shill.

john w
April 27th, 2016, 06:14 PM

Not written to me, Brucie.

glorydaz
April 27th, 2016, 06:17 PM

Your easy believism won't get you anywhere near the kingdom of God (Pr 16:25, 2 Ti 4:3). :dizzy:

Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).

It's easy to believe in God, since He created us to know Him. The hard part is trusting Him to perform His work in us. Apparently that's the part you and so many others just can't seem to do. :think:

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 06:25 PM
It's easy to believe in God, since He created us to know Him. The hard part is trusting Him to perform His work in us. Apparently that's the part you and so many others just can't seem to do. :think:

Amen! I wonder why Serpent didn't add me to that esteemed list of "True Believers?" I'm certainly not on his side. After all, he's not a member of the Body of Christ. So, I wish Serpent to place me on his list of enemies.

serpentdove
April 27th, 2016, 06:31 PM
[1 Jn 1:8-9] Not written to me, Brucie.

:yawn: Challenging passages aren't written for you, Johnny. :idunno:

See:

1 Jn 1:8-10 (http://vananne.com/serpentdove/1%20Jn%201%208%2010%20McGee.htm)J. Vernon McGee

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 06:32 PM
To WeberHome, post #1:

You've got it absolutely right that there is no further consciousness after death. (Ecclesiastes 9:5) And there is no hell! (Hell FIRE, that is.) Prince is doing what Jesus said that his friend Lazarus was doing: "sleeping." Lazarus didn't know anything, since he was dead. Paul also spoke of the dead as "sleeping." (I Corinthians 11:30; I Thessalonians 4:13)

When we are asleep we do not know what is going on around us. Therefore we would not consciously be anywhere, not in heaven, not in any other place either.

Prince is "asleep" until Jesus brings him back to life in Paradise---the new world---under Christ's rulership. Then someone will have to tell him he was dead. There will have been no conscious passing of time for him.

You're a fellow JW Cultist along with the recently deceased Prince. If he didn't place his faith in Christ as his Savior, then, he's in a place of torment and awaiting the judgment. After which he will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

freelight
April 27th, 2016, 06:55 PM
How bout we take a break from the 'riff-raff' and enjoy one of Prince's greatest songs, which here he performs with such passion and religious fervor to inspire anyone, to say nothing of his epic artistry as a guitarist (he's listed as #33 among the 100 greatest guitarists - Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-20111123/prince-20111122))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs0npz_pTJ8

KingdomRose
April 27th, 2016, 07:10 PM
You're a fellow JW Cultist along with the recently deceased Prince. If he didn't place his faith in Christ as his Savior, then, he's in a place of torment and awaiting the judgment. After which he will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

Where do you get your manners? You are ALWAYS putting down Jehovah's Witnesses, and most of the time you have your opinions wrong. Prince did put his faith in Christ as his Savior, otherwise he would not have been allowed to be a JW.

:rip:

KingdomRose
April 27th, 2016, 07:16 PM
How bout we take a break from the 'riff-raff' and enjoy one of Prince's greatest songs, which here he performs with such passion and religious fervor to inspire anyone, to say nothing of his epic artistry as a guitarist (he's listed as #33 among the 100 greatest guitarists - Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-20111123/prince-20111122))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z3gUvgHwWk

Here 'Purple Rain' has elements of gospel clearly woven into it, as He changes the lyrics in the middle from "And let me guide you 2 the purple rain" to "let the Lord guide you 2 the purple rain".....and further says "He says its gonna be all-right". Purple Rain for me represents the cleansing/refreshing waters of Spirit,....a holographic ocean of our own human experience, the sorrow, tragedy and joy, every aspect of human experience and ultimately the triumph of LOVE. Those who have grown up with Prince and his songs over the years especially during the 80's era can relate, if they were touched or inspired by his music in any way. His influence and effect in our culture will continue to live on. So enjoy the musical gift, as part of the universal worship of the Spirit that 'God' has infused and spread thru-out the cosmos. Music is a universal language :cloud9:

Who are the upper 32? How could anybody be better than he was?:guitar::nono::AMR1:

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Where do you get your manners? You are ALWAYS putting down Jehovah's Witnesses, and most of the time you have your opinions wrong. Prince did put his faith in Christ as his Savior, otherwise he would not have been allowed to be a JW.

The problem is you're a part of a non-Christian cult. You have a BIG problem.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 07:29 PM
KR, you being a member of the JWs precludes you from being a member of the Body of Christ, because, you reject the "True Gospel" and cling to a false gospel. (small g)

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Romans 2:16 states: "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 07:33 PM
The Apostle Paul wrote that. He was the Apostle to the Gentiles.

freelight
April 27th, 2016, 07:34 PM
The problem is you're a part of a non-Christian cult. You have a BIG problem.

Prince and his faith are the subject here (have you researched Prince's life, experienced his music, listened to his interviews and statements about his faith so far provided?). One of your 'problems' is brandishing any and all other views other than your own 'sanitized' version of Christianity as being a 'cult', then calling those people 'cultists'. Marginalizing others is a sorry way to go about. I'd reconsider your manners.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 07:35 PM
So, unless one adheres to The Grace Gospel (Paul's Gospel) they will not inherit eternal life.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 07:36 PM
That would include any other person, celebrity, and member of the human race.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Prince and his faith are the subject here (have you researched Prince's life, experienced his music, listened to his interviews and statements about his faith so far provided?). One of your 'problems' is brandishing any and all other views other than your own 'sanitized' version of Christianity as being a 'cult', then calling those people 'cultists'. Marginalizing others is a sorry way to go about. I'd reconsider your manners.

The JW cult in and of itself is a non-Christion organization. Freelight is a UFO Cultist and is in that same boat.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Any "belief system" that is considered "Another gospel" is not the "True Gospel" therefore, cannot be considered a 'True Christian Faith."

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 07:42 PM
That includes the JWs, Mormons, UFO Cults, etc.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 07:45 PM
God offers only this for today: Ephesians 4:5-6 "One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

freelight
April 27th, 2016, 07:47 PM

Correct :thumb:

And it would shock some evangelicals about the notion that one could actually "GET SAVED" using a New World Translation. I'm not vouching for everything about the Watch Tower Society, but the usual polemics against them (granting some may be justified) are a bit exaggerated. The fact of the matter is, in such a community one is encouraged to read the Bible, so they are being exposed to and studying the scriptures, albeit certain doctrinal emphasizes are being enforced by the tenets of the organization in their 'teaching program'.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 07:47 PM
If Prince didn't abide by the Grace Gospel, he is not in Heaven with the Lord.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Correct :thumb:

And it would shock some evangelicals about the notion that one could actually "GET SAVED" using a New World Translation. I'm not vouching for everything about the Watch Tower Society, but the usual polemics against them (granting some may be justified) are a bit exaggerated. The fact of the matter is, in such a community one is encouraged to read the Bible, so they are being exposed to and studying the scriptures, albeit certain doctrinal emphasizes are being enforced by the tenets of the organization in their 'teaching program'.

Freelight, your UFO Cult is on the same level as the JWs, Mormons, etc. ALL false gospels.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Hey, Freelight, are you considering becoming a JW, as well as your UFO Cult?

freelight
April 27th, 2016, 07:51 PM
The JW cult in and of itself is a non-Christion organization. Freelight is a UFO Cultist and is in that same boat.

You are spreading lies about me again. I've corrected you here (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?103005-BROTHERHOOD-OF-THE-URANTIA-FANATICS!&p=3981569&viewfull=1#post3981569) and elsewhere. Go spread your cult-busting antics somewhere else, this thread is about PRINCE. Not YOU.

freelight
April 27th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Who are the upper 32? How could anybody be better than he was?:guitar::nono::AMR1:

I left a highlighted link in my post from Rolling Stone, if you wanted to see the entire list of 100 guitarists. I just wish some here would actually take the time to listen to and experience the entire performance with open MINDS and HEARTS. - then they may know what Prince was all about, on a core level, while he expanded and synthesized various catagories and genres of music developing his own sound.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Freelight, even Sherman the Mod agreed that the UR was a UFO Cult. Are you calling her a liar as well?

freelight
April 27th, 2016, 08:57 PM
Freelight, even Sherman the Mod agreed that the UR was a UFO Cult. Are you calling her a liar as well?

Of course, I've already addressed the claim, it doesn't matter who agrees with the misconception, (but you can go here (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?67763-The-Late-Great-Urantia-Revelation&p=4580412&viewfull=1#post4580412) where I do address this person's claim) since I've already corrected the 'assumption', over and over again. You are violating forum rules by trolling this thread, behaving like a buffoon. Take this to the appropriate thread, if you want to continue on about it. In the meantime did you watch the Prince performance?

Crucible
April 27th, 2016, 09:25 PM
UFO cult :freak:

What is that, like Scientology or something :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 10:57 PM
UFO cult :freak:

What is that, like Scientology or something :chuckle:

Something like that. Only naive Goofballs are into it. Somebody who went to a few too many Sci-Fi Conventions are drawn to this garbage.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 27th, 2016, 11:02 PM
Prince was a JW and therefore, placed his faith in a cult. If someone will not accept the truth, they'll fall for a lie.

Lazy afternoon
April 28th, 2016, 03:19 AM
You are spreading lies about me again. I've corrected you here (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?103005-BROTHERHOOD-OF-THE-URANTIA-FANATICS!&p=3981569&viewfull=1#post3981569) and elsewhere. Go spread your cult-busting antics somewhere else, this thread is about PRINCE. Not YOU.

but self love Grosnick want everything to be about him, and the truth is he has none to care about him in real life.

and he is doing his best to keep things that way.

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

LA

Lazy afternoon
April 28th, 2016, 03:24 AM

You are doing evil to attempt that tactic.

LA

heir
April 28th, 2016, 05:55 AM

See:

Lordship (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?116690-quot-Lordship-Salvation-quot-perverting-the-gospel-of-Christ)
Give Your Life to Jesus (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?116841-quot-Give-Your-Life-to-Jesus-quot&p=4641916#post4641916)
How Many on TOL are Grace Gospel Believers? (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117320-HOW-MANY-ON-TOL-ARE-GRACE-GOSPEL-BELIEVERS&p=4668931#post4668931)
Must We Confess Every Sin? (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117221-MUST-WE-CONFESS-EVERY-SIN-TO-BE-FORGIVEN/page8)
Stop tagging me you :troll:

heir
April 28th, 2016, 05:57 AM

But spoken like a Darbyist no doubt. Typical judging and over-surety of one's merit.
Before the printing press, you would be judging yourselves to damnation.If you receive not the love of the truth, you will perish 2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 06:14 AM
If you receive not the love of the truth, you will perish 2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV

Amen.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 06:19 AM

Yep! Ya, gotta watch out for "Serpents."

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 06:32 AM
You are doing evil to attempt that tactic.

LA

Should I be "Drawn and Quartered" in the public square for this heinous act? :rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 06:34 AM
LAs idea of "Evil" is a wee bit archaic. She would have made a fine "Witchfinder General" hundreds of years ago in Salem.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 06:40 AM
self love Grosnick want everything to be about him, and the truth is he has none to care about him in real life.

First of all, learn to use "Spell check." Second of all, I'm wondering how you KNOW so much about my personal life?

Are you using "Occult powers" to spy on me?" Or, have you retained a PI to follow me about? :crackup:

Crucible
April 28th, 2016, 07:32 AM
If you receive not the love of the truth, you will perish 2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV

You can spin that however you want, but the correct interpretation of that is different from your legalism.

Most of the early Christians were Calvinist in their theology, and yet had no Bible to affirm them. It's why the Presbyterians, a very old church, adopted Reformed doctrine.

serpentdove
April 28th, 2016, 08:17 AM
"silly"-Brucie

Typical sodomite language.

You're beginning to bore me, Catholic shill.:yawn: What do you have against sanctification (1 Pet. 1:2), Johnny? Better check that http://vananne.com/serpentdove/emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif justification--get that caught on a trip wire. :BillyBob: Mt 26:35

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 09:23 AM
You can spin that however you want, but the correct interpretation of that is different from your legalism.

Most of the early Christians were Calvinist in their theology, and yet had no Bible to affirm them. It's why the Presbyterians, a very old church, adopted Reformed doctrine.

Show us ALL the proof? Are you asking us to take your word for it? :rotfl: I don't think so?

Crucible
April 28th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Show us ALL the proof? Are you asking us to take your word for it? :rotfl: I don't think so?

All you have to do is fall to your knees and pray, and voila, you're a Calvinist.

The difference is that some realize it, some don't. Like you, for example- you all want God to be in control when you need Him, but otherwise...

It's historically known that the Presbyterians held their own inquisitions- and eventually turned to Reformed doctrine.
A church that held it's own well before your time, bro skillet :rolleyes:

Calvinist doctrine may have began during the Reformation, but it's ideology goes back to before the Roman Church began. The Reformed are orthodox- why do you think I have so much fun with you all. You all are new age; fundamentally a revision of Christianity :Plain:

serpentdove
April 28th, 2016, 10:30 AM
It's easy to believe in God, since He created us to know Him. The hard part is trusting Him to perform His work in us. Apparently that's the part you and so many others just can't seem to do.

:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:

serpentdove
April 28th, 2016, 10:34 AM
[Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).] Stop tagging me you :troll::yawn: 2 Pe 2:1

serpentdove
April 28th, 2016, 10:40 AM
I wonder why Serpent didn't add me to that esteemed list of "True Believers?"

You'll have to keep wondering. You have me on ignore, :Shimei: remember? :o Eph 4:14

dodge
April 28th, 2016, 11:02 AM

Early Christians were christian NOT Calvinists !

Crucible
April 28th, 2016, 11:20 AM

Early Christians were Calvinists

Because
Calvinism is simply the reverting back from the centuries of heresy that Christianity underwent. It is the intended message that you all adulterated for the sake of your sense of control and convenience.

heir
April 28th, 2016, 11:25 AM

Most of the early Christians were Calvinist in their theology, and yet had no Bible to affirm them. It's why the Presbyterians, a very old church, adopted Reformed doctrine.Theology doesn't save anyone. Trusting the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is the means by which we are saved. Are you saved? If not, you will perish (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV) because when the Body of Christ is caught up (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 KJV), our gospel goes with us!

heir
April 28th, 2016, 11:26 AM
:yawn: 2 Pe 2:1I only said this

Fix the quote and stop trolling.

Crucible
April 28th, 2016, 11:30 AM
our gospel goes with us!

You better go on and convert to the Reformed Congregations while you can then. I suppose something will give when you realize you aren't being whisked away at the moment all Christians are tested in faith :wave2:

heir
April 28th, 2016, 11:37 AM
You better go on and convert to the Reformed Congregations while you can then.2 Timothy 2:19 KJV
I suppose something will give when you realize you aren't being whisked away at the moment all Christians are tested in faith :wave2:We are saved from the wrath to come (Romans 5:9 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 5:9 KJV) not tribulation (Romans 5:3-4 KJV), persecution (2 Timothy 3:12 KJV) and such.

heir
April 28th, 2016, 11:38 AM
You better go on and convert to the Reformed Congregations while you can then. I suppose something will give when you realize you aren't being whisked away at the moment all Christians are tested in faith :wave2:Which gospel do you preach?

dodge
April 28th, 2016, 11:41 AM

Because
Calvinism is simply the reverting back from the centuries of heresy that Christianity underwent. It is the intended message that you all adulterated for the sake of your sense of control and convenience.

It is Calvinists that moved away from God's word ! Not Christians.

chrysostom
April 28th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Which gospel do you preach?

there is only one
-Jesus suffered and died for us
-so we might be saved

heir
April 28th, 2016, 11:50 AM
there is only one
-so we might be saved2 Corinthians 11:3-4 KJV

chrysostom
April 28th, 2016, 11:58 AM
2 Corinthians 11:3-4 KJV

1 John 4 niv (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+John+4&version=NIV)

-the niv has the word test

SaulToPaul
April 28th, 2016, 11:59 AM
1 John 4 niv (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+John+4&version=NIV)

the niv has the word test

Mark 1:2 (NIV)
Do you believe this lie?

heir
April 28th, 2016, 12:01 PM

the niv has the word testThe point is, your mind is corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ and you preach another Jesus. And Paul wrote about those who preach any other gospel than that which he preached (which you do)...(Galatians 1:8-9 KJV).

chrysostom
April 28th, 2016, 12:02 PM
The point is, your mind is corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ and you preach another Jesus. And Paul wrote about those who preach any other gospel than that which he preached (which you do)...(Galatians 1:8-9 KJV).

the point is there is only one gospel and you should test the spirits who might tell you otherwise

SaulToPaul
April 28th, 2016, 12:08 PM
the point is there is only one gospel and you should test the spirits who might tell you otherwise

Men with fish hats that tell you believing 1 Cor 15:1-4 and trusting the LORD is insufficient.
Will you trust the LORD?

heir
April 28th, 2016, 12:09 PM
the point is there is only one gospel and you should test the spirits who might tell you otherwisehttp://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117567-Which-gospel&p=4686978&viewfull=1#post4686978

glorydaz
April 28th, 2016, 12:49 PM

Your posts prove you lack the confidence (trust) that He which began a good work in us will PERFORM it. You lack faith....trusting in yourself instead of God.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

ok doser
April 28th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Where is Prince now?

having a mid-morning snack :idunno:

serpentdove
April 28th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Fix the quote and stop trolling.
:yawn: I quote you exactly (Eph 4:14). :peach:

serpentdove
April 28th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Your posts prove you lack the confidence (trust) that He which began a good work in us will PERFORM it. You lack faith....trusting in yourself instead of God...

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 02:38 PM
It is Calvinists that moved away from God's word ! Not Christians.

Amen!

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Which gospel do you preach?

I tell you what he ISN'T: a "Grace Gospel Believer." He's not a member of the Body of Christ in my humble opinion.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 02:43 PM

Because

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 02:44 PM

Yep. Cruc is a "LOON."

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 02:46 PM
You'll have to keep wondering. You have me on ignore, :Shimei: remember? :o Eph 4:14

I still do. I'd be willing to bet your toenails on it. :rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 02:48 PM
All you have to do is fall to your knees and pray, and voila, you're a Calvinist.

The difference is that some realize it, some don't. Like you, for example- you all want God to be in control when you need Him, but otherwise...

It's historically known that the Presbyterians held their own inquisitions- and eventually turned to Reformed doctrine.
A church that held it's own well before your time, bro skillet :rolleyes:

Calvinist doctrine may have began during the Reformation, but it's ideology goes back to before the Roman Church began. The Reformed are orthodox- why do you think I have so much fun with you all. You all are new age; fundamentally a revision of Christianity :Plain:

It's I who has fun with you. :rotfl:

serpentdove
April 28th, 2016, 02:56 PM
[You'll have to keep wondering. You have me on ignore, remember? Eph 4:14] [I]I still do...

For having me on ignore, you sure respond a lot (Eph 4:14). :rolleyes:

Crucible
April 28th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Like I said, back to old Christianity, even to St. Augustine's time in the 4th century:

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-augustine-does-not-disagree-with-this-when-he-teaches-that-it-is-a-faculty-of-the-reason-john-calvin-4-57-03.jpg

The entire intent of Reformed doctrine was to REFORM Christianity. The sooner you get that, the sooner you will see the error in consistently attacking Calvinism.

Perhaps. I won't hold my breath :rolleyes:

Arthur Brain
April 28th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Well, what a surprise. A celebrity dies and some puffed up self righteous folk want to dance on his gravestone...

:Plain:

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 04:26 PM
Well, what a surprise. A celebrity dies and some puffed up self righteous folk want to dance on his gravestone...

:Plain:

Arthur Brain
April 28th, 2016, 04:34 PM

What are you 'laughing' at?

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Like I said, back to old Christianity, even to St. Augustine's time in the 4th century:

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-augustine-does-not-disagree-with-this-when-he-teaches-that-it-is-a-faculty-of-the-reason-john-calvin-4-57-03.jpg

The entire intent of Reformed doctrine was to REFORM Christianity. The sooner you get that, the sooner you will see the error in consistently attacking Calvinism.

Perhaps. I won't hold my breath :rolleyes:

You act like a "Brainwashed" sort of fella. I know Calvinism is a false doctrine, so, that makes you an indoctrinated, brainwashed follower of an EVIL man named John Calvin. A serial killer who did his wicked works out in the open. Anyone who believes I'm exaggerating, Google: John Calvin/The Pope of Geneva/The executions of several people by order of John Calvin. If you lived during John Calvin's time and dared to disagree with his beliefs, you would most likely be burned at the stake by this beast.

chrysostom
April 28th, 2016, 04:39 PM
What are you 'laughing' at?

that is how they reply
-if
-they don't know what passage to reference

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 04:40 PM
It's been said: "You can take John Calvin out of the Catholic church but you can't take the Catholic church out of John Calvin." Calvin held on to many false beliefs of the Catholic religion even though he stood against them. He was literally a semi-Catholic executioner. I would call him a beast and more than likely he is in torment and awaiting the judgment of God?

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 04:41 PM
that is how they reply
-if
-they don't know what passage to reference

Brilliant deduction my dear Watson. Not!!

Crucible
April 28th, 2016, 04:42 PM
You act like a "Brainwashed" sort of fella. I know Calvinism is a false doctrine, so, that makes you an indoctrinated, brainwashed follower of an EVIL man named John Calvin. A serial killer who did his wicked works out in the open. Anyone who believes I'm exaggerating, Google: John Calvin/The Pope of Geneva/The executions of several people by order of John Calvin. If you lived during John Calvin's time and dared to disagree with his beliefs, you would most likely be burned at the stake by this beast.

Blah.
blah..
blah...

You all keep yelling 'FALSE DOCTRINE!' but I don't see any of you making any valid points as to why. You all are even going back and rehashing the things that were refuted without even so much as trying to erect them back :freak:

It seems to me like you all just jumped on a bandwagon, from whomever rolled it in, and have been on it so long that your feet have melded to the floorboard.

And
You can go and demonize Calvin all you want by whatever other idiots decided to exaggerate and specially point him out. It was during a period of civil unrest and everybody was offing everybody- from every denomination.

It was so that we would be liberated, and all you fault finding, sad little puppies should be venerating them :rolleyes:

Arthur Brain
April 28th, 2016, 04:45 PM
It's been said: "You can take John Calvin out of the Catholic church but you can't take the Catholic church out of John Calvin." Calvin held on to many false beliefs of the Catholic religion even though he stood against them. He was literally a semi-Catholic executioner. I would call him a beast and more than likely he is in torment and awaiting the judgment of God?

If you saw someone in the throes of suffering and you could help would you do so? Never mind any such reasons as to who the person is or why they're suffering, would you help them?

Arthur Brain
April 28th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Blah.
blah..
blah...

You all keep yelling 'FALSE DOCTRINE!' but I don't see any of you making any valid points as to why. You all are even going back and rehashing the things that were refuted without even so much as trying to erect them back :freak:

It seems to me like you all just jumped on a bandwagon, from whomever rolled it in, and have been on it so long that your feet have melded to the floorboard.

And
You can go and demonize Calvin all you want by whatever other idiots decided to exaggerate and specially point him out. It was during a period of civil unrest and everybody was offing everybody- from every denomination.

It was so that we would be liberated, and all you fault finding, sad little puppies should be venerating them :rolleyes:

Dude, you do Calvinism no favours whatsoever. Might not be a bad thing in itself really but still. You just sound like a riled up teenager half the time...

Crucible
April 28th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Dude, you do Calvinism no favours whatsoever. Might not be a bad thing in itself really but still. You just sound like a riled up teenager half the time...

As opposed to these people and their notions?

I do Calvinism plenty of favor, you're just doing what you do best and coming up on me when I'm surrounded by people on attack.

I've never heard you talk about theology ever. In fact, it's like your an atheist, why are you even on this subject :rolleyes:

Arthur Brain
April 28th, 2016, 05:09 PM

I do Calvinism plenty of favor, you're just doing what you do best and coming up on me when I'm surrounded by people on attack.

I've never heard you talk about theology ever. In fact, it's like your an atheist, why are you even on this subject :rolleyes:

'These people'?

Which people exactly? Anyone not a Calvinist?

'Under attack'?

Get over yourself dude. You bring that on yourself here constantly...

Crucible
April 28th, 2016, 05:24 PM
'These people'?

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/25285915.jpg

Which people exactly? Anyone not a Calvinist?

Counter-Reformist, Anti-Calvinist, whichever :idunno:

Get over yourself dude. You bring that on yourself here constantly...

I don't mind the attacks, I always win :)

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 05:34 PM
there is only one
-so we might be saved

Might? You're obviously skating on thin ice perhaps?

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 05:36 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/25285915.jpg

Counter-Reformist, Anti-Calvinist, whichever :idunno:

I don't mind the attacks, I always win :)

Obviously, you have a bad case of "Delusions of Grandeur."

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Hey, Cruc, your appreciation count is extremely low. You may want to re-think your self-worth around here?

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 05:42 PM

You---:rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe
April 28th, 2016, 05:44 PM
If you saw someone in the throes of suffering and you could help would you do so? Never mind any such reasons as to who the person is or why they're suffering, would you help them?

What does that question have to do with that post you chose?