PDA

View Full Version : John Calvin's Unjust, Unmerciful, Unrighteous Sinner God

Robert Pate
April 8th, 2016, 12:52 PM
I have noticed that people usually act out or portray in their lives what they believe that their God is like. Example, Muslims believe that their God is a warring God. The Koran says, "Kill the infidels". When you hear of acts of terrorism committed by Muslims it just may be that they are following the teachings of the Koran.

John Calvin was the terror of Geneva. Many were sentenced to death simply because they did not believe his doctrine. It was not uncommon to find yourself in jail because you fell asleep or talked during one of his sermons. John Calvin apparently thought that God was a tyrant sinner like himself.

To embrace Calvinism is to embrace the doctrine of predestination, in which God predestinates "Some Certain Persons" (Canons of Dort) to salvation and damns the rest to hell. If you don't see anything wrong with this then you are probably a good candidate to become a Calvinist. Have you ever been left out or excluded from some special event for no particular reason? How did you feel about that? What if your mother made it known that she loved one of your siblings more than she loved you for no particular reason? How would you feel about that? Do you think that is okay?

To say or to promote the idea that God loves you more than someone else is like Pharisaism. The Pharisees thought that God loved them more than he loved the common Jew because they were religious. Jesus referred to these self righteous Pharisees as snakes, hypocrites and children of hell. Best not to declare that you are one of God's special chosen ones. The Bible makes it clear that God loves all of his creation, "God so loves the world that he gave his only begotten Son" and it is not his will that any should perish.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 8th, 2016, 01:09 PM
I have noticed that people usually act out or portray in their lives what they believe that their God is like. Example, Muslims believe that their God is a warring God. The Koran says, "Kill the infidels". When you hear of acts of terrorism committed by Muslims it just may be that they are following the teachings of the Koran.

John Calvin was the terror of Geneva. Many were sentenced to death simply because they did not believe his doctrine. It was not uncommon to find yourself in jail because you fell asleep or talked during one of his sermons. John Calvin apparently thought that God was a tyrant sinner like himself.

To embrace Calvinism is to embrace the doctrine of predestination, in which God predestinates "Some Certain Persons" (Canons of Dort) to salvation and damns the rest to hell. If you don't see anything wrong with this then you are probably a good candidate to become a Calvinist. Have you ever been left out or excluded from some special event for no particular reason? How did you feel about that? What if your mother made it known that she loved one of your siblings more than she loved you for no particular reason? How would you feel about that? Do you think that is okay?

To say or to promote the idea that God loves you more than someone else is like Pharisaism. The Pharisees thought that God loved them more than he loved the common Jew because they were religious. Jesus referred to these self righteous Pharisees as snakes, hypocrites and children of hell. Best not to declare that you are one of God's special chosen ones. The Bible makes it clear that God loves all of his creation, "God so loves the world that he gave his only begotten Son" and it is not his will that any should perish.

There are a number of posters on TOL who are infected with the spirit of John Calvin.

beloved57
April 9th, 2016, 11:55 AM

Pateism has something in common with all false religions of man, that men are saved by works, by what they do.

Robert Pate
April 9th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Pateism has something in common with all false religions of man, that men are saved by works, by what they do.

You are a pathetic case.

Christ dying on the cross for your sins calls for a response. Your response is do nothing.

beloved57
April 9th, 2016, 07:23 PM
You are a pathetic case.

Christ dying on the cross for your sins calls for a response. Your response is do nothing.
You teach that millions for whom Christ died on the cross for, shall wind up lost !

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Robert Pate
April 10th, 2016, 08:02 AM
You teach that millions for whom Christ died on the cross for, shall wind up lost !

They are lost because like you they did not respond to the Gospel.

beloved57
April 10th, 2016, 08:05 AM
They are lost because like you they did not respond to the Gospel.
Ok, you teach that salvation depends on what a person does. That's salvation by works.

Robert Pate
April 11th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Ok, you teach that salvation depends on what a person does. That's salvation by works.

Did you not chose to believe in Calvinism? Is that not a work?

beloved57
April 11th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Did you not chose to believe in Calvinism? Is that not a work?
You teach that salvation depends on what a person does, that's a false gospel. That's a unfruitful work of darkness.

Robert Pate
April 11th, 2016, 09:02 AM
You teach that salvation depends on what a person does, that's a false gospel. That's a unfruitful work of darkness.

I can't think of a more unfruitful work than Calvinism. You believe that your salvation depends upon the teachings of John Calvin.

You are the Forums biggest hypocrite, accusing others of what you do yourself.

beloved57
April 11th, 2016, 09:03 AM
I can't think of a more unfruitful work than Calvinism. You believe that your salvation depends upon the teachings of John Calvin.

You are the Forums biggest hypocrite, accusing others of what you do yourself.
Pateism is a unfruitful work of darkness, it promotes salvation by works, by the arm of the flesh.

Robert Pate
April 11th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Pateism is a unfruitful work of darkness, it promotes salvation by works, by the arm of the flesh.

Your false God does not exist.

There is no unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous God in the Bible.

He only lives in your perverted mind.

beloved57
April 11th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Your false God does not exist.

There is no unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous God in the Bible.

He only lives in your perverted mind.
You will see my God at Judgment when your works of darkness shall be Judged!

Robert Pate
April 11th, 2016, 03:08 PM
You will see my God at Judgment when your works of darkness shall be Judged!

Your unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous God thankfully does not exist.

I have already been judged and crucified with Christ.

beloved57
April 11th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Your unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous God thankfully does not exist.

I have already been judged and crucified with Christ.
You will be Judged for your blasphemy

Grosnick Marowbe
April 11th, 2016, 04:07 PM

You're a self-righteous "Know-it-all."

Robert Pate
April 12th, 2016, 03:59 PM

John Calvin was a murderous tyrant. You will probably spend eternity chasing him all over hell.

Grosnick Marowbe
April 12th, 2016, 04:38 PM
John Calvin was a murderous tyrant. You will probably spend eternity chasing him all over hell.

That is a possibility? Calvin was a murdering madman.

beloved57
April 12th, 2016, 06:04 PM

You are consumed with the actions of men, and not with the word of God !

Brother Ducky
April 12th, 2016, 09:56 PM

OK. Who did Calvin murder? And how did he murder them? Be sure to exclude any person lawfully convicted of a capital crime. Even if you think that the crime should not have been a crime.

And it should be noted that even if he were a "murderous tyrant" that really has no bearing on the veracity or falsehood of his statements. Why don't you deal with what he actually says if you wish to discredit him.

Robert Pate
April 13th, 2016, 08:37 AM
OK. Who did Calvin murder? And how did he murder them? Be sure to exclude any person lawfully convicted of a capital crime. Even if you think that the crime should not have been a crime.

And it should be noted that even if he were a "murderous tyrant" that really has no bearing on the veracity or falsehood of his statements. Why don't you deal with what he actually says if you wish to discredit him.

You apparently know little to nothing about John Calvin.

Google "The atrocities of John Calvin" there is enough there to keep you reading for the rest of the day.

Brother Ducky
April 13th, 2016, 12:08 PM

Google "The atrocities of John Calvin" there is enough there to keep you reading for the rest of the day.
Since you are the expert on Calvin, why don't you just allow me to skip the parts that are not pertinent. Who did he murder? Remember, judicial killing is not murder.

Crucible
April 13th, 2016, 01:02 PM

Oh, put a sock in it you ol' reformed hating, theologically derpy hermit. Talking about we're going to be chasing Calvin around in Hell..
..this obsession you have with attacking Calvinists has been dragged so deep into the Earth that it's chasing you from Hell by now :rolleyes:

Robert Pate
April 13th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Oh, put a sock in it you ol' reformed hating, theologically derpy hermit. Talking about we're going to be chasing Calvin around in Hell..
..this obsession you have with attacking Calvinists has been dragged so deep into the Earth that it's chasing you from Hell by now :rolleyes:

And you will be right behind B57.

Crucible
April 13th, 2016, 03:56 PM
And you will be right behind B57.

You mean to say there's actually an ORDER to things!?

Oh my :Plain:

Samie
April 13th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Why don't you deal with what he actually says if you wish to discredit him.Not discrediting anyone. Just plain truth. Can you help the Calvinists?
If Calvinism teaches the truth, why could it not stand the test of Scriptures? Example:

Calvinism teaches NONE of the elect can perish.

Christ teaches there are from the elect who will perish:Matthew 8:11-12 NIV 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." This is the 10th day since I first asked Crucible this question, but he opted to run away. Can you help him absolve Calvin?

beloved57
April 14th, 2016, 04:19 PM

You are consumed with the doing of a man and not the word of God.

Crucible
April 14th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Not discrediting anyone. Just plain truth. Can you help the Calvinists?This is the 10th day since I first asked Crucible this question, but he opted to run away. Can you help him absolve Calvin?

You just showed that you do not have a full understanding of predestination theology, which I knew from the get go because it is obvious from what you post in opposition to Calvinism.

In predestination, the elect will not fall away- that is part of being the predestined elect through God's foreknowledge :doh:

That is,
If you fall away, you were never of the elect in the first place.

So nice fail. Keep doing it, over and over like the rest of you anti-Calvinist folk :rolleyes:

Robert Pate
April 14th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Not discrediting anyone. Just plain truth. Can you help the Calvinists?This is the 10th day since I first asked Crucible this question, but he opted to run away. Can you help him absolve Calvin?

The subjects of the Kingdom are Christ rejecting Jews. The Jews as well as all of Israel are God's elect people.

Epoisses
April 14th, 2016, 11:17 PM
In predestination, the elect will not fall away- that is part of being the predestined elect through God's foreknowledge :doh:

And you have no idea who the elect are do you? Are you one of God's elect? Calvinists speak of things that are far above their pay grade. You don't even know if you'll be dead or alive tomorrow but I'm supposed to take your word on Calvinistic Pre-dence-idiotion!!

Robert Pate
April 15th, 2016, 07:35 AM
And you have no idea who the elect are do you? Are you one of God's elect? Calvinists speak of things that are far above their pay grade. You don't even know if you'll be dead or alive tomorrow but I'm supposed to take your word on Calvinistic Pre-dence-idiotion!!

There is a fine line between being spiritually dead and spiritual ignorance.

Crucible
April 15th, 2016, 08:19 AM

You don't know anything about thorough, proper Protestant theology.

That's why I find 'personal popes' and Darbyists nerve racking- you all have zero concept of God's Providence working among His congregations to be sitting there talking about how you should know who and who isn't saved :rolleyes:

Samie
April 15th, 2016, 09:00 AM
You just showed that you do not have a full understanding of predestination theology, which I knew from the get go because it is obvious from what you post in opposition to Calvinism.

That is,
If you fall away, you were never of the elect in the first place.

So nice fail. Keep doing it, over and over like the rest of you anti-Calvinist folk :rolleyes:So, Christ is anti-Calvinist, too?:

Christ teaches there are from the elect who will perish:Matthew 8:11-12 NIV 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Seems He is. And Crucible seems to agree, so he did not try to refute the Lord's statement.

Crucible
April 15th, 2016, 09:04 AM
So, Christ is anti-Calvinist, too?:Seems He is. And Crucible seems to agree, so he did not try to refute the Lord's statement.

You have no concept of predestination theology, you have made that abundantly clear. It's like trying to explain art to a cat :rolleyes:

Samie
April 15th, 2016, 09:11 AM
11 days ago, my post reads:
Weak? And me, incompetent? Let's see where your competence brings you.

If Calvinism teaches the truth, why could it not stand the test of Scriptures? Example:

Christ teaches there are from the elect who will perish:Matthew 8:11-12 NIV 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Can you wiggle out from this Calvinist dilemma, competent one? It is weak, you say. Then bring out all what Calvinism has and resolve this dilemma brought against it by what Christ Himself declared.

I will wait either for you to address the above issue, or you may prefer to fabricate all sorts of excuses. You could even run away and hide. Your choice, competent one.First you ran away and hid for 10 days. Now you opted for excuses:
You have no concept of predestination theology, you have made that abundantly clear. It's like trying to explain art to a cat :rolleyes:Still nothing on Christ's saying there are from the elect who will be lost.

Crucible
April 15th, 2016, 09:14 AM
11 days ago, my post reads:First you ran away and hid for 10 days. Now you opted for excuses:Still nothing on Christ's saying there are from the elect who will be lost.

I already explained it :doh:

You need t brush up on theology, and stop cherry picking scripture. All you anti-Calvinists are exactly the same- all poor rhetoric, with no foundation. It got old A LONG time ago on here.

Samie
April 15th, 2016, 09:26 AM
I already explained it :doh:No need to lie, really.

This is but your 3rd post since I posted 11 days ago what appears to be Christ's anti-Calvinist statement. NO explanations were yet given. Excuses are NOT explanations, are they?

Samie
April 15th, 2016, 09:35 AM
It's almost midnight from where I am. Got to retire. See you again.

Epoisses
April 15th, 2016, 11:34 AM
You don't know anything about thorough, proper Protestant theology.

That's why I find 'personal popes' and Darbyists nerve racking- you all have zero concept of God's Providence working among His congregations to be sitting there talking about how you should know who and who isn't saved :rolleyes:

I subscribe to Arminian predestination theology where God who is all knowing sees down thru the ages those who will have saving faith in Christ and those who will die in unbelief. God wills all men to come to repentance and be saved. He does not will the lost to be lost. They are lost by their own devices. Salvation was provided for them but they despised it and threw it away like Esau and John Calvin.

Crucible
April 15th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Salvation was provided for them but they despised it and threw it away like Esau and John Calvin.

:Plain: Did you type that with your knuckles

:rotfl:

You anti-Calvinists trip me out.

Epoisses
April 15th, 2016, 04:57 PM
:Plain: Did you type that with your knuckles?

I had your mom type it and then I kicked her to the curb

patrick jane
April 15th, 2016, 05:49 PM
I had your mom type it and then I kicked her to the curb
:rotfl:

Samie
April 16th, 2016, 08:33 AM
Did Crucible run away again? He was on the run the first 10 days I first posted the question in the Calvinists' Dilemma (http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?117063-Calvinists-Dilemma&p=4668839&viewfull=1#post4668839)thread. Won't he get tired running and hiding? He said he already explained, but his explanation did not dwell on what are supposed to be explained. Here again:

Christ teaches there are from the elect who will perish:Matthew 8:11-12 NIV 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."