PDA

View Full Version : Do you obey Jesus?

Jacob
March 20th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Do you obey Jesus?

Jesus is Lord! When you recognize Jesus as Lord in your life you are recognizing who He is and that you are to obey Him.

Do you know what Jesus taught? Do you know His words and commands? God's instruction is for us, how much more the words of Jesus our Lord.

If you do not yet know Jesus as Lord you can read about Him, and about salvation in Him, in the Bible. Salvation cannot be found in this world, neither in heaven nor in earth, apart from Him.

SaulToPaul
March 23rd, 2016, 09:01 AM
Rather vague question, as he gave different commands when he walked this filthy earth than he did from heaven through Paul.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 10:18 AM
Rather vague question, as he gave different commands when he walked this filthy earth than he did from heaven through Paul.
By different commands do you mean you believe Jesus' commands are not to be obeyed?

Do you obey Jesus' commands?

SaulToPaul
March 23rd, 2016, 10:44 AM

Which ones?

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 10:52 AM
Which ones?
Which ones do you remember?

SaulToPaul
March 23rd, 2016, 10:53 AM
Which ones do you remember?

I remember all of them. Most of the ones in red letters, I cannot do.
I focus on his commands found in Romans-Philemon.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 11:04 AM
I remember all of them. Most of the ones in red letters, I cannot do.
I focus on his commands found in Romans-Philemon.

Is there something that prevents you?

SaulToPaul
March 23rd, 2016, 11:06 AM

Many things beyond my control prevent me from obeying the red letters.
Do you obey them all?

Tambora
March 23rd, 2016, 11:08 AM
Do you obey Jesus?

Sometimes.

But my salvation is not contingent on my obedience and righteousness, but on HIS obedience and righteousness.

Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Not two, Christ and you.
Just one, the Lord Jesus Christ.

If you are relying on your own obedience and righteousness, you are relying on the wrong one.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 11:18 AM
Many things beyond my control prevent me from obeying the red letters.
Do you obey them all?
I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed. I asked if anything prevents you because some people believe some or all of Jesus' commands are not to be obeyed by Gentiles, and some even believe none of Jesus' commands are to be obeyed by anyone. I want to get to the bottom of the matter of why people don't want to obey Jesus' commands.

I believe I should answer your question. I can answer that I was not born a Jew but that I observe Jewish things including much of the old covenant law. I believe Jesus observed and taught the law.

Why, in Evangelism, would a person tell others they are guilty by the Law of Moses but that they are not supposed to obey the commands of Jesus? It doesn't make sense.

I know salvation is not by works. I know we are to obey God's commands. I believe we should obey Jesus whether Jew or Gentile.

patrick jane
March 23rd, 2016, 11:29 AM
I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed. I asked if anything prevents you because some people believe some or all of Jesus' commands are not to be obeyed by Gentiles, and some even believe none of Jesus' commands are to be obeyed by anyone. I want to get to the bottom of the matter of why people don't want to obey Jesus' commands.

I believe I should answer your question. I can answer that I was not born a Jew but that I observe Jewish things including much of the old covenant law. I believe Jesus observed and taught the law.

Why, in Evangelism, would a person tell others they are guilty by the Law of Moses but that they are not supposed to obey the commands of Jesus? It doesn't make sense.

I know salvation is not by works. I know we are to obey God's commands. I believe we should obey Jesus whether Jew or Gentile.

You stay busy obeying. I'm saved and sealed, baptized by the Holy Spirit - Ephesians 1:13 KJV - Ephesians 1:14 KJV -

Tambora
March 23rd, 2016, 11:33 AM
I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed. .

Matthew 16 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Do you obey this?

SaulToPaul
March 23rd, 2016, 11:34 AM
Matthew 10:5-7(KJV)

SaulToPaul
March 23rd, 2016, 11:38 AM

My answer is that most of the commands in the red letters, you cannot do.

Paul's letters are the commandments of the LORD also.

Can you do both?

Tambora
March 23rd, 2016, 11:39 AM
I was not born a Jew but that I observe Jewish things including much of the old covenant law.
"Much" of it won't do.

James 2 KJV
(10) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Galatians 3 KJV
(10) For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 11:40 AM
You stay busy obeying. I'm saved and sealed, baptized by the Holy Spirit - Ephesians 1:13 KJV - Ephesians 1:14 KJV -

I'm saved and sealed, baptized by the Holy Spirit and I believe we should obey Jesus' commands.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 11:41 AM
Matthew 16 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Do you obey this?
I have addressed elsewhere that this command of Jesus was obeyed. Now we His followers (disciples) are to tell people He is the Christ. The Bible is an example of where this is done.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 11:43 AM
My answer is that most of the commands in the red letters, you cannot do.

Can you do both?

I see no reason why not. We are to obey Jesus' commands, and they are in red letters in many Bibles. Whether your Bible has red letters or not is not the question. The question is if you obey Jesus.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 11:45 AM
"Much" of it won't do.

James 2 KJV
(10) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Galatians 3 KJV
(10) For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
I understand you are saying if you break one command you have broken the Law. I am saved. I presently do not wear tzit-tzit. But I see nothing wrong with any of God's commands. We are to obey the commands of Jesus. Jesus observed and taught the Law.

SaulToPaul
March 23rd, 2016, 11:46 AM
I see no reason why not. We are to obey Jesus' commands, and they are in red letters in many Bibles. Whether your Bible has red letters or not is not the question. The question is if you obey Jesus.

Most of the things he told the lost sheep of the house of Israel, in the first century, under the Law, I cannot obey.

I suspect that you cannot either.

But we can obey the LORD's commandments found in Paul's letters.

Nick M
March 23rd, 2016, 11:49 AM
Do you know His words and commands?

Before or after Acts 9?

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 11:50 AM
Most of the things he told the lost sheep of the house of Israel, in the first century, under the Law, I cannot obey.

I suspect that you cannot either.

But we can obey the LORD's commandments found in Paul's letters.

Again, I see no reason why not. I see no rationale for your saying you cannot or that I cannot. What prevents you from obeying Jesus? Whatever it is should be taken out of the way.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 11:54 AM
Before or after Acts 9?

I see no reason for asking this question. I can only venture that a before or after question of this kind means either you want to know what I believe or you want to justify your not keeping His commands one way or the other.

I do see reason to clarify that by His words and commands I mean what He has taught by way of instruction which includes His commands. His words can mean His commands but I have said His words and His commands. Jesus taught us many things. It may be possible to say it is all for our obedience, whether an explicit command or not.

Nick M
March 23rd, 2016, 11:56 AM

I hate to beat a dead horse, but this is the same argument 'rulz would make. He even said "Jesus taught grace", which must have come from a secret setting on his gospel blender.

Israel/Judaism is pre-cross

Jesus.... taught grace.

Jacob, you are saying the same nonsense as this guy did.

I can answer that I was not born a Jew but that I observe Jewish things including much of the old covenant law.

Galatians 5

3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.

ClimateSanity
March 23rd, 2016, 12:03 PM
I see no reason for asking this question. I can only venture that a before or after question of this kind means either you want to know what I believe or you want to justify your not keeping His commands one way or the other.

I do see reason to clarify that by His words and commands I mean what He has taught by way of instruction which includes His commands. His words can mean His commands but I have said His words and His commands. Jesus taught us many things. It may be possible to say it is all for our obedience, whether an explicit command or not.
You were never in a dispensationalist church if you can ask such a question with a straight face.

Nick M
March 23rd, 2016, 12:04 PM
I see no reason for asking this question.

Before.

Matthew 19

16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” 17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

After

Romans 7

9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

ClimateSanity
March 23rd, 2016, 12:05 PM
Again, I see no reason why not. I see no rationale for your saying you cannot or that I cannot. What prevents you from obeying Jesus? Whatever it is should be taken out of the way. For one thing, Jesus was not telling people of all times and all places and all situations to obey his commands. They are not universal. That is your assumption.

Tambora
March 23rd, 2016, 12:05 PM
I have addressed elsewhere that this command of Jesus was obeyed.Not by you.

So that is just one instance of you not obeying what Jesus said to do.

Now we His followers (disciples) are to tell people He is the Christ.
In other words, that command not to tell anyone He was the Christ was not to be obeyed by all the followers He would ever have.
You, yourself, being one that does not obey that command.

How about this one ....
Matthew 10 KJV
(8) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Do you obey it?

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 12:18 PM
Jacob, you are saying the same nonsense as this guy did.
Not at all. I have no idea why you would say so.

Galatians 5

3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.This is true. If you become a Jew or an Israelite through circumcision you are to observe, obey, keep the whole law. Paul is pointing out that circumcision is not a requirement for salvation. If a person thinks getting circumcised will save them, they are wrong. Circumcision is about keeping the whole law. The one who is circumcised must keep the whole law.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 12:19 PM
You were never in a dispensationalist church if you can ask such a question with a straight face.
I grew up under dispensationalism.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 12:21 PM
Before.

Matthew 19

16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” 17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

After

Romans 7

9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

Both scriptures are for you. The first one is what Jesus said. The second one is what Paul said. Jesus gave an answer to the question asked of Him. Paul thought about what he learned regarding the commandment to not covet.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 12:23 PM
For one thing, Jesus was not telling people of all times and all places and all situations to obey his commands. They are not universal. That is your assumption.

I see no reason to take anything away from any of Jesus' commands. The question is if you and I obey them.

SaulToPaul
March 23rd, 2016, 12:27 PM
Can we do both?

Matthew 6:19-21 (KJV)

2 Cor 12:14 (KJV)

Tambora
March 23rd, 2016, 12:28 PM
This is true. If you become a Jew or an Israelite through circumcision you are to observe, obey, keep the whole law. Paul is pointing out that circumcision is not a requirement for salvation. If a person thinks getting circumcised will save them, they are wrong. Circumcision is about keeping the whole law. The one who is circumcised must keep the whole law.You do realize that women were not circumcised.
Being circumcised in the flesh was never a command that women could obey.

Likewise, the Sabbath day rest was not for everyone either.
The priests worked every day.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 12:28 PM
Not by you.
True.

So that is just one instance of you not obeying what Jesus said to do.
Incorrect. This command is to be understood by me, but it is not that it should not be obeyed or that I should not obey it, but that Jesus was commanding something at a particular time for a particular reason. Therefore, your difficulty is solved.

In other words, that command not to tell anyone He was the Christ was not to be obeyed by all the followers He would ever have.
You, yourself, being one that does not obey that command.
The problem is that you think I should be guilty for not obeying this command. It is fault finding, and a requirement not intended for me.

How about this one ....
Matthew 10 KJV
(8) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Do you obey it?If God gives any of His children the opportunity to obey this command they should. I see no reason to not obey this command. This is about God's power, not yours or mine.

ClimateSanity
March 23rd, 2016, 12:31 PM
I grew up under dispensationalism.

What difference does it make? You are claiming to have been taught dispensationalism. If you grew up under it, that claim is even stronger. Therefore, the evidence you are lying about is enormous if you can be asking questions like the one I referenced.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 12:32 PM
You do realize that women were not circumcised.
Yes.

Being circumcised in the flesh was never a command that women could obey.Correct. True.

Likewise, the Sabbath day rest was not for everyone either.
The priests worked every day.
Not every priest.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 12:33 PM
What difference does it make? You are claiming to have been taught dispensationalism. If you grew up under it, that claim is even stronger. Therefore, the evidence you are lying about is enormous if you can be asking questions like the one I referenced.
The question is if you obey Jesus. If being a dispensationalist prevents you from obeying Jesus you have a problem.

ClimateSanity
March 23rd, 2016, 12:45 PM
I see no reason to take anything away from any of Jesus' commands. The question is if you and I obey them.

Nick M asked you if it is before or after Acts 9. You stated you didn't see what difference that made. If you grew up under dispensationalism, you would be aware of what happened in Acts 9. It was the raising up of Paul. As a dispensationalist, you should understand we are no longer under the law and that we are to follow Paul as be follows Christ. Jesus's commands were in relation to the law and eternal life hinged on your obedience. We walk in the Spirit has Paul commands. If we do that, we fulfill all that Jesus intended when he gave those commands. If we try to obey specific commands with the fear of losing salvation if we don't, we are following a false gospel.

User Name
March 23rd, 2016, 12:50 PM

Do you do all things whatsoever the scribes and pharisees bid you?

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 12:52 PM
Do you do all things whatsoever the scribes and pharisees bid you?

The commands of God communicated by the scribes and pharisees ought to be obeyed, as Jesus said, whether they obeyed them themselves or not.

SaulToPaul
March 23rd, 2016, 12:54 PM
Can we do both?

Matthew 6:19-21 (KJV)

2 Cor 12:14 (KJV)

:idunno:

ClimateSanity
March 23rd, 2016, 12:59 PM
:idunno:

That certainly is laying up treasures on earth. Take good care of your kids and they will take care of you when you can't.

Tambora
March 23rd, 2016, 12:59 PM
Incorrect. This command is to be understood by me, but it is not that it should not be obeyed or that I should not obey it, but that Jesus was commanding something at a particular time for a particular reason. Therefore, your difficulty is solved.It's not my difficulty.

I am full aware that not all the commands of Jesus should be obeyed by every follower He has ever had.
So why even attempt to say that we should obey everything Jesus commanded?

The problem is that you think I should be guilty for not obeying this command.
You can either accept that we should obey every command of Jesus, or that we should not obey every command of Jesus.
Obviously we should not obey every command of Jesus, as you readily admit that you do not obey that particular command.

It is fault finding, and a requirement not intended for me.Then you readily admit that not all commands of Jesus are to be obeyed by us.

If God gives any of His children the opportunity to obey this command they should. I see no reason to not obey this command. This is about God's power, not yours or mine.The command was for His disciples to heal the sick, cleanse the leapers, raise the dead, cast out demons.
Are you obeying that?
I know I'm not.
I haven't done any of those things.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 01:05 PM
It's not my difficulty.

I am full aware that not all the commands of Jesus should be obeyed by every follower He has ever had.
So why even attempt to say that we should obey everything Jesus commanded?
Are you saying you believe you should not obey Jesus? Either you should obey Jesus or you should not obey Jesus. Therefore, you should obey Jesus.

You can either accept that we should obey every command of Jesus, or that we should not obey every command of Jesus.
Obviously we should not obey every command of Jesus, as you readily admit that you do not obey that particular command.

Then you readily admit that not all commands of Jesus are to be obeyed by us.

The command was for His disciples to heal the sick, cleanse the leapers, raise the dead, cast out demons.
Are you obeying that?
I know I'm not.
I haven't done any of those things.

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 02:42 PM

Is something preventing you from leaving all, selling all you have?

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 02:44 PM
I have addressed elsewhere that this command of Jesus was obeyed. Now we His followers (disciples) are to tell people He is the Christ. The Bible is an example of where this is done.

You did not "argue" that. You argued:

"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed."-Jacob

Do it.

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 02:47 PM
Again, I see no reason why not. I see no rationale for your saying you cannot or that I cannot. What prevents you from obeying Jesus? Whatever it is should be taken out of the way.

You also believe "all of His commands" does not mean "all"-there is "wiggle room."

Deception. And just to whom do you think that you are "debating" on this great forum-your Uncle Joe, whoosamovin' kinda slow?

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 02:51 PM
True.

Incorrect. This command is to be understood by me, but it is not that it should not be obeyed or that I should not obey it, but that Jesus was commanding something at a particular time for a particular reason. Therefore, your difficulty is solved.The problem is that you think I should be guilty for not obeying this command. It is fault finding, and a requirement not intended for me.

Translated: All of His commands are to be obeyed, except for those that were not intended for me, Jacob, as "all of" does not really mean "all of," or I need to take another hit off my bong, you see, uh, urr............

Another self righteous fraud is marked/identified/exposed/outed.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 02:52 PM
Is something preventing you from leaving all, selling all you have?

What I meant was is there something you have to get past in order to obey Jesus.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 02:53 PM
You did not "argue" that. You argued:

Do it.

I have no idea what you are telling me to do. But I do know that whatever Jesus has commanded for your obedience you should obey.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 02:55 PM

You also believe "all of His commands" does not mean "all"-there is "wiggle room."

Deception. And just to whom do you think that you are "debating" on this great forum-your Uncle Joe, whoosamovin' kinda slow?

No wiggle room at all john w.

What do you know about my uncle Joe?

You are not making sense.

My uncle Joe is dead. Why are you making an issue of that on this thread? This thread is about obeying Jesus. It has nothing to do with anyone's uncle.

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 02:57 PM
What I meant was is there something you have to get past in order to obey Jesus.

"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed."-you

Is there something you have to get past in order to obey "Jesus," where he tells you to leave all, sell all you have, and show yourself to a Levitical priest?

You're a fraud, asserting "I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed," but when challenged by us to obey one of the commands" of "Jesus," part of the "all of," you spin like a top, twisted in a ball of neurons, and ropes, and yarn, and cobwebs, so much so, that you cannot think straight, as birds and stars circle that mind full of mush of yours.

Sell all you have, per "I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed."

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 02:59 PM
No wiggle room at all john w.

What do you know about my uncle Joe?

You are not making sense.

My uncle Joe is dead. Why are you making an issue of that on this thread? This thread is about obeying Jesus. It has nothing to do with anyone's uncle.

The elevator is not going up, here, folks.

"No wiggle room at all john w."-you

Sell all you have.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 03:10 PM

Translated: All of His commands are to be obeyed, except for those that were not intended for me, Jacob, as "all of" does not really mean "all of," or I need to take another hit off my bong, you see, uh, urr............

Another self righteous fraud is marked/identified/exposed/outed.

No. If you make an exception then not all of Jesus' commands are to be obeyed. So don't make an exception.

If what prevents you is that you are a Gentile then you may have some things to work through. Because even Gentiles are to obey Jesus.

If you are a Jew then either you believe there is a new covenant or you don't. And you either believe you should obey the commands found in the old covenant or you don't.

Jesus observed and taught the Law. He taught Jews the Law. Paul said that God's Law, the Law of Moses which is the Law of Israel, is or was so that all the world becomes accountable to God. You either obey it or you don't.

Can you say you don't obey the Law but you do obey Jesus? Not if Jesus observed and taught the Law. Does this statement apply to Jews only or are both Jews and Gentiles, who are believers, not under the Law?

You are not under the Law you are under grace.

But no one is faulted for obeying the commands of God found in the Law. And Jesus observed and taught the Law. So, do you obey Jesus? The question is if all believers are not under the Law or if Gentile believers do not have to obey what Jesus taught of obedience to the Law. If all the world is accountable by the Law that Jesus taught, why would anyone say they don't have to obey Jesus? Saying you are a Gentile is not an excuse of the Law. I don't know that you do.

But, think about this. Do you obey Jesus? If you say "no" to this question the question is "why not?" People have different reasons they do not obey Jesus. And responses to this question may be different and for different reasons.

It is not wrong to tell people to obey Jesus. I have no problem with wanting to obey Jesus at all times. There is no reason for any excuses. If a person can say they obey Jesus then they can tell others to obey Jesus. If a person wants to obey Jesus they can say that you should obey Jesus. If a person tries to obey Jesus they should receive help in where they fall short.

If you think I am self-righteous your judgment of me should have no bearing upon whether or not you choose to obey Jesus.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 03:12 PM
"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed."-you

Is there something you have to get past in order to obey "Jesus," where he tells you to leave all, sell all you have, and show yourself to a Levitical priest?
I have no problem with these things john w.

You're a fraud, asserting "I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed," but when challenged by us to obey one of the commands" of "Jesus," part of the "all of," you spin like a top, twisted in a ball of neurons, and ropes, and yarn, and cobwebs, so much so, that you cannot think straight, as birds and stars circle that mind full of mush of yours.

Sell all you have, per "I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed."
John w, I do not have much but I believe I am to be a steward of what I have.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 03:14 PM
The elevator is not going up, here, folks.

"No wiggle room at all john w."-you

Sell all you have.
Do you believe you are telling me what Jesus wants me to do?

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 03:36 PM
No. If you make an exception then not all of Jesus' commands are to be obeyed. So don't make an exception.

Fine. Leave all, sell all you have.

KingdomRose
March 23rd, 2016, 03:37 PM
Do you obey Jesus?

Jesus is Lord! When you recognize Jesus as Lord in your life you are recognizing who He is and that you are to obey Him.

Do you know what Jesus taught? Do you know His words and commands? God's instruction is for us, how much more the words of Jesus our Lord.

If you do not yet know Jesus as Lord you can read about Him, and about salvation in Him, in the Bible. Salvation cannot be found in this world, neither in heaven nor in earth, apart from Him.

I agree. I know him as my Lord and my King. (Do you take him seriously enough to not vote for anyone else?)

He taught his disciples many things, and I have seen that none of the churches that say they're Christian really follow what he says.

He said:

(1)We must pray to the Father and no one else. (Matthew 6:9)

(2)We must honor God's name. (Matthew 6:9)

(3)We must pray for His Kingdom/ government to come. (Matt.6:10)

(4)We must go to all nations and preach about the Kingdom that is coming. (Matt.24:14)

(5)Place God's Kingdom in first place in our lives, and all other things will be added to us. (Matt.6:33)

(6)Love even our enemies. (Matt.5:44) That includes not joining a military institution and learning to kill.

(7)We must not be part of the world (its politics, its lack of morals, its materialism, etc.). (John 15:18,19; John 17:14)

There is much more, but how about it? Do you follow these instructions from Jesus?

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 03:37 PM
Do you believe you are telling me what Jesus wants me to do?

"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed....No. If you make an exception then not all of Jesus' commands are to be obeyed. So don't make an exception."-you

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 03:38 PM
I have no problem with these things john w.

John w, I do not have much but I believe I am to be a steward of what I have.

If you have no problem, do it-Leave all, sell all you have.

KingdomRose
March 23rd, 2016, 03:40 PM

Can you give me some examples of Jesus and Paul giving different commands?

Tambora
March 23rd, 2016, 03:41 PM
Are you saying you believe you should not obey Jesus?I'm saying the opposite of you.
I'm saying not every command of Jesus is for me to obey.

Either you should obey Jesus or you should not obey Jesus. Therefore, you should obey Jesus.
One of His commands to His followers was to tell no one He is the Christ.
One of His commands to His followers was to sell all you have.
One of His commands to His followers was to heal the sick.
One of His commands to His followers was to raise the dead.
One of His commands to His followers was to cast out demons.
(And that's just a few.)

But that's not what you do, now is it?

KingdomRose
March 23rd, 2016, 03:47 PM

Jesus fulfilled the Law, and his sacrifice replaced the offering of animals. The Law was no longer necessary to lead people to Christ, because he had finally come. That is all the Law was for: to show that humans needed to recognize their sinful state & obey God, and to point ahead to the Messiah who would give his life as a sacrifice better than bulls and goats.

If you think following the Law is necessary, you are ignoring what Jesus did in fulfilling the Law and taking out of the way the document that condemned Israel. Reading Hebrews chapters 8 through 10 might inform you of what is involved in fulfilling the Law.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 03:49 PM

There is nothing wrong with this command, these things God commanded through Jesus.

Matthew 19:21 NASB - 21 Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Mark 10:21 NASB - 21 Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Luke 12:33 NASB - 33 "Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys.

Luke 18:22 NASB - 22 When Jesus heard this, He said to him, "One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Acts 4:34 NASB - 34 For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales

Are you speaking of something else or do you have a problem with any of these?

KingdomRose
March 23rd, 2016, 03:50 PM

So you know exactly what you will be doing in heaven, right? What is it?

meshak
March 23rd, 2016, 03:52 PM
MAD followers,

Jesus said "go therefore make disciples of all nations... teachings them to obey everything I have commanded you."

You don't seem to esteem Jesus' word much.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 03:53 PM
I agree. I know him as my Lord and my King. (Do you take him seriously enough to not vote for anyone else?)

He taught his disciples many things, and I have seen that none of the churches that say they're Christian really follow what he says.

He said:

(1)We must pray to the Father and no one else. (Matthew 6:9)

(2)We must honor God's name. (Matthew 6:9)

(3)We must pray for His Kingdom/ government to come. (Matt.6:10)

(4)We must go to all nations and preach about the Kingdom that is coming. (Matt.24:14)

(5)Place God's Kingdom in first place in our lives, and all other things will be added to us. (Matt.6:33)

(6)Love even our enemies. (Matt.5:44) That includes not joining a military institution and learning to kill.

(7)We must not be part of the world (its politics, its lack of morals, its materialism, etc.). (John 15:18,19; John 17:14)

There is much more, but how about it? Do you follow these instructions from Jesus?

Sure, but I am not a Jehovah's Witness.

I see no problem with voting. If you don't know what choice to make don't make a choice. Perhaps this will mean you don't vote at all. But if you are comfortable voting or become comfortable voting it is possible for you to do.

The kingdom of God is more important than voting. But this means to speak the truth in the church, not to vote anywhere for wicked people, church or not.

KingdomRose
March 23rd, 2016, 03:53 PM
Matthew 16 KJV

Do you obey this?

What a shallow understanding. That was instruction for a short period of time, for whatever reason. He also told them at one point that they should go ONLY to the House of Israel, and not the nations. Did it change later? Yes! After Israel had gotten a thorough witness, the disciples were instructed to go to the Gentiles.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 03:54 PM
"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed....No. If you make an exception then not all of Jesus' commands are to be obeyed. So don't make an exception."-you

If I felt Jesus was telling me to do so, I would. But I can't be persuaded by you.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 03:56 PM
I'm saying the opposite of you.
I'm saying not every command of Jesus is for me to obey.

One of His commands to His followers was to tell no one He is the Christ.
One of His commands to His followers was to sell all you have.
One of His commands to His followers was to heal the sick.
One of His commands to His followers was to raise the dead.
One of His commands to His followers was to cast out demons.
(And that's just a few.)

But that's not what you do, now is it?
There is no problem with any of these commands. Now you need to know what Jesus wants you to do.

Nick M
March 23rd, 2016, 03:56 PM
If you become a Jew or an Israelite through circumcision you are to observe, obey, keep the whole law.

I am just giving the other part to what Tambora posted to you from James. If you fail one point, you fail all. The lamb is to be without spot or blemish. You have not hung onto what we preached to you when you posted as "untellectual". Thanks for changing your screen name, I prefer this one even if you mean it for the wrong reason.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 03:58 PM
Jesus fulfilled the Law, and his sacrifice replaced the offering of animals. The Law was no longer necessary to lead people to Christ, because he had finally come. That is all the Law was for: to show that humans needed to recognize their sinful state & obey God, and to point ahead to the Messiah who would give his life as a sacrifice better than bulls and goats.

If you think following the Law is necessary, you are ignoring what Jesus did in fulfilling the Law and taking out of the way the document that condemned Israel. Reading Hebrews chapters 8 through 10 might inform you of what is involved in fulfilling the Law.

I understand that is what you use Hebrews 8 through 10 to do. All you need is Matthew 5:17 NASB to know that Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets.

As for animal sacrifices they are not done with no temple.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 03:59 PM
I am just giving the other part to what Tambora posted to you from James. If you fail one point, you fail all. The lamb is to be without spot or blemish. You have not hung onto what we preached to you when you posted as "untellectual". Thanks for changing your screen name, I prefer this one even if you mean it for the wrong reason.

Yes, Nick M. But I myself am already a believer.

KingdomRose
March 23rd, 2016, 04:01 PM
For one thing, Jesus was not telling people of all times and all places and all situations to obey his commands. They are not universal. That is your assumption.

Oh yes he was. He taught that anyone who wanted to reconcile with the Father must go through him. (John 14:6)

The world was plunged into sin and death by the act of one man, and he was not a Jew. Jesus came here to set matters straight...matters that this non-Jew created for his progeny. So why would what Jesus said be for just the Jews?

You are dead wrong. God told Abraham that ALL THE NATIONS would be blessed by means of his descendant, the Messiah. (Genesis 12:3; Genesis 18:18) We all must obey what Jesus said.

Nick M
March 23rd, 2016, 04:04 PM
I have no idea what you are telling me to do. But I do know that whatever Jesus has commanded for your obedience you should obey.

Your best effort is not good enough. Sin is not allowed in heaven. Even Traditio, that idiot communist, understands this from the "old Testament".

Leviticus 22

21 When anyone brings from the herd or flock a fellowship offering to the Lord to fulfill a special vow or as a freewill offering, it must be without defect or blemish to be acceptable.

whitestone
March 23rd, 2016, 04:08 PM
What a shallow understanding. That was instruction for a short period of time, for whatever reason. He also told them at one point that they should go ONLY to the House of Israel, and not the nations. Did it change later? Yes! After Israel had gotten a thorough witness, the disciples were instructed to go to the Gentiles.

hmmm,,,if you think this,,, why fall short of grasping dispensationism?,,,

Nick M
March 23rd, 2016, 04:09 PM

Before.

Matthew 19

After

Romans 7

And for the record, Paul's instruction for us comes from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Nick M
March 23rd, 2016, 04:10 PM
After Israel had gotten a thorough witness, the disciples were instructed to go to the Gentiles.

NOT SO LORD!

So, when do you think they had gotten a thorough witness?

meshak
March 23rd, 2016, 04:15 PM
hmmm,,,if you think this,,, why fall short of grasping dispensationism?,,,

Who is falling short of dispensation?

Who is judging?

Even Jesus does not judge yet.

whitestone
March 23rd, 2016, 04:19 PM
Who is falling short of dispensation?

Who is judging?

Even Jesus does not judge yet.

lol,,those who say one thing was said to some,at some point and then afterward something else ,,,"a little different",,,,

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 04:20 PM
Your best effort is not good enough. Sin is not allowed in heaven. Even Traditio, that idiot communist, understands this from the "old Testament".

Leviticus 22

21 When anyone brings from the herd or flock a fellowship offering to the Lord to fulfill a special vow or as a freewill offering, it must be without defect or blemish to be acceptable.
There is nothing here about best effort. Only Jesus can save you.

meshak
March 23rd, 2016, 04:28 PM
lol,,those who say one thing was said to some,at some point and then afterward something else ,,,"a little different",,,,

I questioned your comment because I am mostly in the same page with KR.

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 04:33 PM
There is nothing wrong with this command, these things God commanded through Jesus.

Matthew 19:21 NASB - 21 Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Mark 10:21 NASB - 21 Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Luke 12:33 NASB - 33 "Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys.

Luke 18:22 NASB - 22 When Jesus heard this, He said to him, "One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Acts 4:34 NASB - 34 For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales

Are you speaking of something else or do you have a problem with any of these?

Fine-do it.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 04:37 PM

Fine-do it.
Do what? If you are telling me to obey Jesus I believe you are correct in that I ought and that I should. I believe I do. There is nothing wrong in telling you that you should to.

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 04:38 PM
One of many....

Matthew 5:22 KJV but I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Vs.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Was Paul in danger of hell fire, when he called the Galatians, fools?

I know, I know...."The context here is...."

meshak
March 23rd, 2016, 04:39 PM

Fine-do it.

here is what Jesus says, not Jacob:

"Go therefore, make disciples of all nations... teachings them to obey everything I have commanded you".

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 04:40 PM
Do what? If you are telling me to obey Jesus I believe you are correct in that I ought and that I should. I believe I do. There is nothing wrong in telling you that you should to.

Fine. Leave all, sell all. Show yourself to a Leviical priest, and offer the gift Moses commanded. Go to Jerusalem, 3 times/year, to celebrate 3 of the "appointed times."

Do it.

meshak
March 23rd, 2016, 04:41 PM
Jacob is just a messenger.

whitestone
March 23rd, 2016, 04:41 PM
I questioned your comment because I am mostly in the same page with KR.

I know,I appreciate your honesty,,I said that to K.R. because if she believes what she said to Tam. in p.#69,,,then its only one step in seeing Paul,as an message spoken in regards,because of,afterward,ect.,,,

many were confused when that guy named Moses was sent. They weren't sure if they were to follow him or another. Then that guy Jesus came,some grasp to follow him,others thought,no,,and gave him no regard,,,,lol some cannot draw the same clear line at Paul and hold on to the former,,,,lol and some say it(by accident),,,

meshak
March 23rd, 2016, 04:42 PM
This thread is not about Jacob.
It is about what Jesus said.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 04:44 PM

fine. Leave all, sell all. Show yourself to a Leviical priest, and offer the gift Moses commanded. Go to Jerusalem, 3 times/year, to celebrate 3 of the "appointed times."

Do it.

I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me they are for my obedience. The last I heard there is no temple. When Jesus commands a person to do something, he ought to do it.

meshak
March 23rd, 2016, 04:44 PM
. They weren't sure if they were to follow him or another.

Jesus messages are clear. He says to follow Him.

whitestone
March 23rd, 2016, 04:54 PM
Jesus messages are clear. He says to follow Him.

I am about to die within an year or so,,,obey Jesus and heal me or explain to the rest why you did not obey Jesus,,,,,,,

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 05:32 PM
I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me they are for my obedience. The last I heard there is no temple. When Jesus commands a person to do something, he ought to do it.
Observe, the continued deception:

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me"-Jacob

We all see through your con job, sport, i.e., Obey all of His commands, but not all of them, only the ones that apply to you, which means you lied when you assert,said "all of"-or, you're on pot. No other option.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 05:39 PM

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me"-Jacob

We all see through your con job, sport, i.e., Obey all of His commands, but not all of them, only the ones that apply to you, which means you lied when you assert,said "all of"-or, you're on pot. No other option.

Is there a command you do not obey is different from the question of if there is a command that is not for you.

If you are a Jew either all of His commands are for you or you believe you are not under the Law.

If you are a Gentile which command would not be for you based on the fact that you are a Gentile, if any?

patrick jane
March 23rd, 2016, 05:44 PM
Is there a command you do not obey is different from the question of if there is a command that is not for you.

If you are a Jew either all of His commands are for you or you believe you are not under the Law.

If you are a Gentile which command would not be for you based on the fact that you are a Gentile, if any?

You're a jew

john w
March 23rd, 2016, 05:53 PM

Vs.

He concedes that he is lying, or on pot.

Vs.

patrick jane
March 23rd, 2016, 06:06 PM
This thread is not about Jacob.
It is about what Jesus said.
Jacob, like you, does everything Jesus says.

Jacob
March 23rd, 2016, 06:29 PM
Vs.

Vs.

He concedes that he is lying, or on pot.There is no concession by not responding to a specific point you are seeking to make. I don't do drugs. I don't need to justify myself in this, and I am not seeking to rebuke you for anything. As for your claim that I am lying, I have made my response to you. I am circumcised and seek to obey all of Torah. I believe Jesus observed and taught the Law (the Torah), and that it is not all for everyone's obedience. There are reasons for my being obedient to the commands that I am obedient to. When we talk about obeying Jesus His commands were to the nation of Israel, but we also have the Gentiles and the Gentile world. So, if you are not of Israel are you under the Law? Being under grace as a Christian or a believer in Yeshua as the Messiah you are not under the Law. This is different than saying you are not Israel or not of Israel. Jesus observed and taught the Law, but the question is if you obey Jesus. If you say you don't because you are a Gentile is there a problem? Should both Jews and Gentiles obey Jesus? Are the commands any different as a Gentile?

Your question, as I understand it, has to do with commands for specific people other than you. Are you dealing with if you should obey what Jesus commanded individuals who are not you? Commands for individual people may be for you. I cannot say they are not.

I am not wearing tzit-tzit. In this I fall short. I have not made a decision to wear tzit-tzit. Do you want to ask me any questions about not wearing tzit-tzit? I don't know if Jesus gave any individual this command. But it is a part of Torah and I believe He observed and taught the Law.

God wants us to obey Him and His Son Jesus.

meshak
March 23rd, 2016, 06:37 PM
I am about to die within an year or so,,,obey Jesus and heal me or explain to the rest why you did not obey Jesus,,,,,,,

did you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

If you sincerely strive to be true to Jesus, you have nothing to worry about.

You don't seem to have confidence in Jesus' word.

Read the gospels; Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Jesus' teachings are all written in those books.

blessings.

meshak
March 23rd, 2016, 06:39 PM
Jacob, like you, does everything Jesus says.

I never claim that. Why do you twist messengers' word?

this thread is all about Jesus' word, dude.

jamie
March 23rd, 2016, 06:48 PM
But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

What Jesus said is true, but the young did not keep the commandments. He put his wealth before God. That's a no no.

TulipBee
March 24th, 2016, 04:29 AM
Do you obey Jesus?

If the elects didn't obey him then they won't be elects. All those he chose obeyed him. He commands belief. He doesn't not command unregenerates. Every single elects given to Jesus will obey with belief, faith.

Totton Linnet
March 24th, 2016, 04:34 AM
By different commands do you mean you believe Jesus' commands are not to be obeyed?

Do YOU?

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart with all thy soul and with all thy mind...then thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself

The best you can say is that you are trying, well we all trying, but first let us concern ourselves with getting saved God's way which is by faith.

Totton Linnet
March 24th, 2016, 04:38 AM
I never claim that. Why do you twist messengers' word?

this thread is all about Jesus' word, dude.

If you say salvation depends upon obedience and then admit you are not obedient then where is you hope of salvation? Quit preaching lies...you think God will be pleased if you preach lies?

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Do YOU?

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart with all thy soul and with all thy mind...then thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself

The best you can say is that you are trying, well we all trying, but first let us concern ourselves with getting saved God's way which is by faith.
I am saved and I believe I keep God's commands in Jesus.

john w
March 24th, 2016, 02:21 PM

SaulToPaul
March 24th, 2016, 02:22 PM

Rule #1:

Obey all rules

saint john w the great: "Thanks for checking in, Rummy."

john w
March 24th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Rule #1:

Obey all rules

saint john w the great: "Thanks for checking in, Rummy."

Secondly: Do not write on the the Mayor's homepage TOL wall, as takes a lot of work, for the Mayor,to erase writing,off this wall, given that he needs constant "pick me up's" during the day, to avoid "sinking spells."

Totton Linnet
March 24th, 2016, 02:48 PM
I believe I obey all His commands

...what is that double dutch for

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 03:17 PM

john w,

Do you understand that some people believe that since they are Gentiles and Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him? Do Jews need to obey Jesus? Yes. Why not Gentiles?

Do you believe we should obey all of God's commands? Some say we don't need to obey old covenant commands.

Jesus observed and taught the Law. If we are to obey all of His commands does that mean we obey the commands of God that Jesus taught that are found in the Law?

There is not one command that Jesus excepted from the Law. Therefore I conclude that as a Jew all of God's commands are for me, and why would it not be the same for the Gentile? Or, Jews live by the Law of the land of Israel, the Law of Moses, and Gentiles do not though Jews and Gentiles are on equal standing in Christ.

I was born a Gentile. Am I now a Jew if I obey God's commands in Jesus? Maybe not everyone obeys perfectly. But the fault is not with the commands. The fault is with those who do not obey them. Ought we to obey them? Yes.

Acts 15 shows that there are things (from the Law) for Gentiles to observe. But in Christ neither Jew nor Gentile is UNDER the Law.

With tzit-tzit, would you say this command does not apply to me? Why would I not wear tzit-tzit? I have had my reason, but if I am to obey all of God's commands this would include tzit-tzit. Why not obey all of Jesus' commands? He has observed and taught the Law. Were the commandments (just) for the Jews? They were for the Jews. Others can obey them as well. They are God's commands. Did Jesus teach anything in addition to the Law or anything different from the Law?

I can't think of one command that does not apply to me, so saying I should obey all of them makes sense to me. If there is something you are taught that impresses upon you something you must do in obedience to God, does it have to have been a command? No, but it might be a command that was meant for a specific or certain individual. It can still be meant for you. But it might not.

If it applies to me might have been if the old covenant law or the Law of Moses applies to me, and what is the place of the Law in the life of the believer (today)? It may be some individual or for a specific group of people that doesn't apply to me, like not telling people that Jesus is the Christ. It is a command and it was to be obeyed. Is it still to be obeyed by other people today? I believe your point would be that it is a command of Jesus.

Totton Linnet
March 24th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Sometimes.

But my salvation is not contingent on my obedience and righteousness, but on HIS obedience and righteousness.

Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Not two, Christ and you.
Just one, the Lord Jesus Christ.

If you are relying on your own obedience and righteousness, you are relying on the wrong one.

Totally

john w
March 24th, 2016, 03:32 PM
john w,

Do you understand that some people believe that since they are Gentiles and Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him? Do Jews need to obey Jesus? Yes. Why not Gentiles?

Do you believe we should obey all of God's commands? Some say we don't need to obey old covenant commands.

Jesus observed and taught the Law. If we are to obey all of His commands does that mean we obey the commands of God that Jesus taught that are found in the Law?

There is not one command that Jesus excepted from the Law. Therefore I conclude that as a Jew all of God's commands are for me, and why would it not be the same for the Gentile? Or, Jews live by the Law of the land of Israel, the Law of Moses, and Gentiles do not though Jews and Gentiles are on equal standing in Christ.

I was born a Gentile. Am I now a Jew if I obey God's commands in Jesus? Maybe not everyone obeys perfectly. But the fault is not with the commands. The fault is with those who do not obey them. Ought we to obey them? Yes.

Acts 15 shows that there are things (from the Law) for Gentiles to observe. But in Christ neither Jew nor Gentile is UNDER the Law.

With tzit-tzit, would you say this command does not apply to me? Why would I not wear tzit-tzit? I have had my reason, but if I am to obey all of God's commands this would include tzit-tzit. Why not obey all of Jesus' commands? He has observed and taught the Law. Were the commandments (just) for the Jews? They were for the Jews. Others can obey them as well. They are God's commands. Did Jesus teach anything in addition to the Law or anything different from the Law?

I can't think of one command that does not apply to me, so saying I should obey all of them makes sense to me. If there is something you are taught that impresses upon you something you must do in obedience to God, does it have to have been a command? No, but it might be a command that was meant for a specific or certain individual. It can still be meant for you. But it might not.

If it applies to me might have been if the old covenant law or the Law of Moses applies to me, and what is the place of the Law in the life of the believer (today)? It may be some individual or for a specific group of people that doesn't apply to me, like not telling people that Jesus is the Christ. It is a command and it was to be obeyed. Is it still to be obeyed by other people today? I believe your point would be that it is a command of Jesus.

"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed.....Therefore I conclude that as a Jew all of God's commands are for me,..I can't think of one command that does not apply to me, so saying I should obey all of them makes sense to me. ."-Jacob

Vs.

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me...Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him?"-Jacob

Slower: You are a habitual liar, or, on pot-no other option.

Totton Linnet
March 24th, 2016, 03:36 PM
This is true. If you become a Jew or an Israelite through circumcision you are to observe, obey, keep the whole law. Paul is pointing out that circumcision is not a requirement for salvation. If a person thinks getting circumcised will save them, they are wrong. Circumcision is about keeping the whole law. The one who is circumcised must keep the whole law.

James says if you break one command you are guilty of all....[James always agrees with Paul]

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 03:58 PM
"I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed.....Therefore I conclude that as a Jew all of God's commands are for me,..I can't think of one command that does not apply to me, so saying I should obey all of them makes sense to me. ."-Jacob

Vs.

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me...Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him?"-Jacob

Slower: You are a habitual liar, or, on pot-no other option.

Why would you say that any command does not apply to you? Is it because you are a Gentile? See Acts 15. God's commands are even for Gentiles.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 03:59 PM
I believe I obey all His commands

...what is that double dutch for

What do you mean? What is double dutch?

john w
March 24th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Why would you say that any command does not apply to you? Is it because you are a Gentile? See Acts 15. God's commands are even for Gentiles.

Quite irrelevant:

Vs.

You are a habitual liar, or, on pot-no other option.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Quite irrelevant:

Vs.

I don't understand you john w. Are you bringing up a post on this subject from a thread years ago, or at least a long time ago? I have been observing the Law minus tzit-tzit for about two years now. But this does not change that salvation is not by works for either Jew or Gentile, or that Christians and those who are Jewish and are saved having believed Yeshua to be the Messiah, are under the Law. This thread was only about what Jesus has commanded, which can be discussed, and specifically our obedience to His commands. Some people obey Jesus and some do not. Do you obey Jesus? If you believe you obey Jesus but you don't observe the Law that He taught that is okay and I am sure you have a reason you believe what you do. I can be content with that answer. I just currently believe Jesus observed and taught the Law and I don't see what would convince me of anything different from this. This is not lying.

john w
March 24th, 2016, 05:18 PM
I don't understand you john w. Are you bringing up a post on this subject from a thread years ago, or at least a long time ago? I have been observing the Law minus tzit-tzit for about two years now. But this does not change that salvation is not by works for either Jew or Gentile, or that Christians and those who are Jewish and are saved having believed Yeshua to be the Messiah, are under the Law. This thread was only about what Jesus has commanded, which can be discussed, and specifically our obedience to His commands. Some people obey Jesus and some do not. Do you obey Jesus? If you believe you obey Jesus but you don't observe the Law that He taught that is okay and I am sure you have a reason you believe what you do. I can be content with that answer. I just currently believe Jesus observed and taught the Law and I don't see what would convince me of anything different from this. This is not lying.

"This thread was only about what Jesus has commanded, which can be discussed, and specifically our obedience to His commands. Some people obey Jesus and some do not. Do you obey Jesus?"-you

Quite irrelevant, including whether I "obey Jesus." You, not me, "argued:"

"This is not lying."-You

Yes it is-the above-"all of" his commands...

Vs.

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me...Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him?..."-Jacob

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Are you referencing a specific post here? Which post are you referring to? Is there a command you think I have a problem with?

You are a habitual liar, or, on pot-no other option.john w, I am not on pot so either you are accusing me of being a liar or you have no other way (that you can think of) to (try to) say what you are trying/wanting to say.

I don't understand why you would accuse me of being a habitual liar. Does it help for me to address that you have said this about me? How would you like me to proceed? How can we solve what doesn't make sense to you about me?

john w
March 24th, 2016, 05:41 PM
john w, I am not on pot so either you are accusing me of being a liar or you have no other way (that you can think of) to (try to) say what you are trying/wanting to say.

"This thread was only about what Jesus has commanded, which can be discussed, and specifically our obedience to His commands. Some people obey Jesus and some do not. Do you obey Jesus?"-you

"This is not lying."-You

Vs.

"I have no problem with these commands, as I told you before. When they apply to me...Jesus was not speaking to the Gentiles that Gentiles do not need to obey Him?..."-Jacob

I don't understand why you would accuse me of being a habitual liar. Does it help for me to address that you have said this about me? How would you like me to proceed? How can we solve what doesn't make sense to you about me?

You must be on pot, or you are a habitual liar-all sane members of TOL, can see, below, that you are lying:

"This is not lying."-You

Vs.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 05:51 PM

"This is not lying."-You

Vs.

You must be on pot, or you are a habitual liar-all sane members of TOL, can see, below, that you are lying:

"This is not lying."-You

Vs.

How would they not apply to me john w? I am arguing with you that they do apply to me.

john w
March 24th, 2016, 07:01 PM
How would they not apply to me john w? I am arguing with you that they do apply to me.

Again-fine-leave all you have, sell all you have.

Let me guess: That does not apply to you, and "all" does not really mean "all."

patrick jane
March 24th, 2016, 07:03 PM

Obey your thirst

heir
March 24th, 2016, 07:07 PM

How could any apply to you when we live in the but now where the rigteousness of God without the law is manifested?

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

The questions then that are in need of answering are:

Do you have the righteousness of God upon you?

and

If so, how did you get it?

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 07:16 PM

Incorrect.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 07:18 PM
How could any apply to you when we live in the but now where the rigteousness of God without the law is manifested?

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

The questions then that are in need of answering are:

ans

I'm not sure I know what you mean.

Are you talking about personal righteousness, practical righteousness, positional righteousness, or imputed righteousness?

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 09:04 PM
James says if you break one command you are guilty of all....[James always agrees with Paul]James and Paul say nothing even hinting that anyone should break any one command.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure I know what you mean.

Are you talking about personal righteousness, practical righteousness, positional righteousness, or imputed righteousness?
Well, since you have none of your own (Romans 3:10-12 KJV) and the passage (Romans 3:21-22 KJV) speaks of the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ: the questions remain the same:

and

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Well, since you have none of your own (Romans 3:10-12 KJV) and the passage (Romans 3:21-22 KJV) speaks of the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ: the questions remain the same:

and

All four of the categories of righteousness I mentioned are in God and Jesus.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 09:22 PM
All four of the categories of righteousness I mentioned are in God and Jesus.

Can you answer the simple questions I posed to you?

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Can you answer the simple questions I posed to you?

I did. It was God and Jesus.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 09:28 PM
I did. It was God and Jesus.No, you didn't and you know it. Try again.

and

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 09:29 PM
No, you didn't and you know it. Try again.

and

I'm not using the word upon. I don't know what doctrine that is. I answered that I have righteousness in God and Jesus. That is the only way you can have true righteousness in any of these areas or categories of righteousness.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 09:42 PM
I'm not using the word upon. I don't know what doctrine that is.That's odd. It's right there in the verse.

I answered that I have righteousness in God and Jesus. I don't know what that means. How did you get it?

heir
March 24th, 2016, 09:47 PM
I'm not using the word upon. I don't know what doctrine that is. I answered that I have righteousness in God and Jesus. That is the only way you can have true righteousness in any of these areas or categories of righteousness.
And to be clear, there is only ONE WAY to get the righteousness of God! I'm trying to give you the opportunity to tell me how that is. It's right there in the passage!

heir
March 24th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Rather vague question, as he gave different commands when he walked this filthy earth than he did from heaven through Paul.Amen to that!

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:02 PM
That's odd. It's right there in the verse.

I don't know what that means. How did you get it?

I see the word upon in this verse.

The righteousness that is imputed to believers is on account of what God did in Jesus when He died for you. Is that the righteousness of God that you are talking about?

heir
March 24th, 2016, 10:06 PM
I see the word upon in this verse.

The righteousness that is imputed to believers is on account of what God did in Jesus when He died for you. Is that the righteousness of God that you are talking about?Yes, the righteousness of God which is by faith OF Jesus Christ. Do you have it? And if so, how did you get it?

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:09 PM
And to be clear, there is only ONE WAY to get the righteousness of God! I'm trying to give you the opportunity to tell me how that is. It's right there in the passage!

The answer to your question based on the translation you are using and the verses you have chosen is to believe.

ClimateSanity
March 24th, 2016, 10:10 PM

This could be an untellectual puppet if there ever was one.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Yes, the righteousness of God which is by faith OF Jesus Christ. Do you have it? And if so, how did you get it?

God's righteousness comes to a person when they believe.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:11 PM
This could be an untellectual puppet if there ever was one.

That is not my TOL name anymore because my name is Jacob and I have no problem with you or anyone else knowing my name.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 10:12 PM
The answer to your question based on the translation you are using and the verses you have chosen is to believe.The answer to the question based on the word of God is "upon all them them that believe:...".

Here's another question. Believe what? I'll give you a hint. Where is the righteousness of God revealed?

heir
March 24th, 2016, 10:14 PM
God's righteousness comes to a person when they believe.Yes! Now, I asked you another question already, but if you haven't seen it: Believe what?

heir
March 24th, 2016, 10:18 PM
I believe all of His commands are to be obeyed. Or what?

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Or what?
Or you are being or have been disobedient or you did not hear His commands or you don't know what they are or you don't know what to do about them for whatever reason.

ClimateSanity
March 24th, 2016, 10:26 PM
That is not my TOL name anymore because my name is Jacob and I have no problem with you or anyone else knowing my name.
So you are one in the same!

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:27 PM
So you are one in the same!
The same yes. My name is Jacob and I am still posting.

ClimateSanity
March 24th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Or you are being or have been disobedient or you did not hear His commands or you don't know what they are or you don't know what to do about them for whatever reason.

And if you are disobedient?

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:31 PM
And if you are disobedient?
If you have been disobedient you can know you have sinned and therefore you are a sinner. Romans 3:23 NASB can tell you that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Only Jesus has never sinned. Then read Romans 6:23 NASB.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Or you are being or have been disobedient or you did not hear His commands or you don't know what they are or you don't know what to do about them for whatever reason.Nope. I know exactly who I am in Christ: we are dead to the law by the body of Christ (Romans 7:4 KJV)! But you believe you should obey all His commands (impossible and never asked of you), but look at why the Lord told them they must keep it:

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

^^^^^^

That was never required of us yet here you are trying to bring the yoke of bondage on the believer.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 10:33 PM
God's righteousness comes to a person when they believe.Again,

Believe what?

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:33 PM
Nope. I know exactly who I am in Christ: we are dead to the law by the body of Christ (Romans 7:4 KJV)! But you believe you should obey all His commands (impossible and never asked of you), but look at why the Lord told them they must keep it:

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

^^^^^^

That was never required of us!
There is nothing in the Bible against obeying God's commands. At the same time in Christ I am not under the Law.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:34 PM
Again,

Believe what?
Believe on the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved, is one answer.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 10:38 PM
If you have been disobedient you can know you have sinned and therefore you are a sinner. Romans 3:23 NASB can tell you that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Only Jesus has never sinned. Then read Romans 6:23 NASB.The only "disobedience" going on here are those who refuse to obey the gospel (2 Thessalonians 1:8 KJV/ believing not 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). Many times this disobedience shows itself in a person trying to work for their salvation (Romans 4:4 KJV) when the gift of God is a salvation by grace through faith/not of works!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:39 PM
The answer to the question based on the word of God is "upon all them them that believe:...".

Here's another question. Believe what? I'll give you a hint. Where is the righteousness of God revealed?

I have looked back and found this post of yours after already answering your question you repeated in a later post. Not from the verse, but from the Bible, the word upon... I was thinking about the Holy Spirit in thinking about your question, if anything. What does it mean for righteousness to come upon a person?

heir
March 24th, 2016, 10:41 PM
Believe on the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved, is one answer.

There is a gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth and it's that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day. It is the gospel (good news) by which we are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). That tells us that those who have not trusted the Lord believing IT are not saved. Have you trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation? If not, you aren't saved.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:41 PM
Yes! Now, I asked you another question already, but if you haven't seen it: Believe what?

You are right, I didn't see it.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:42 PM
The only "disobedience" going on here are those who refuse to obey the gospel (2 Thessalonians 1:8 KJV/ believing not 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). Many times this disobedience shows itself in a person trying to work for their salvation (Romans 4:4 KJV) when the gift of God is a salvation by grace through faith/not of works!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Obeying God's commands is not disobedience. Not obeying the gospel is an indicator of disobedience (it is disobedience).

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:43 PM
There is a gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth and it's that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day. It is the gospel (good news) by which we are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). That tells us that those who have not trusted the Lord believing IT are not saved. Have you trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation? If not, you aren't saved.

I have.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 10:45 PM
I have looked back and found this post of yours after already answering your question you repeated in a later post. Not from the verse, but from the Bible, the word upon... I was thinking about the Holy Spirit in thinking about your question, if anything. What does it mean for righteousness to come upon a person?The righteousness of God is unto all meaning that all men can be saved (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) and upon all them that believe meaning put to our account/imputed (Romans 4:24-25 KJV) after we trust the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

As to the question I asked about where the righteousness of God is revealed: it is revealed in the gospel of Christ!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 10:47 PM
I have.
That's good. Then I see you like a Galatian. Someone has bewitched you into thinking you need to keep the law!

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:49 PM
The righteousness of God is unto all meaning that all men can be saved (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) and upon all them that believe meaning put to our account/imputed (Romans 4:24-25 KJV) after we trust the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

As to the question I asked about where the righteousness of God is revealed: it is revealed in the gospel of Christ!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

This is all good.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:49 PM
That's good. Then I see you like a Galatian. Someone has bewitched you into thinking you need to keep the law!

Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

No, no one has.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 10:51 PM
No, no one has.Then why are you constantly trying to put yourself and others under the yoke of bondage?

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 10:52 PM
Then why are you constantly trying to put yourself and others under the yoke of bondage?

I don't. Jesus said, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light." We are talking about obeying Jesus here.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:00 PM
I don't. You most certainly are!

Or you are being or have been disobedient or you did not hear His commands or you don't know what they are or you don't know what to do about them for whatever reason.You want to place us under a curse!

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

The law is not of faith!

Galatians 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

We were never under the law! The law was Israel's (and those allied with them) schoolmaster to bring them to Christ!

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:01 PM
I don't. Jesus said, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light." We are talking about obeying Jesus here.
Why do you resort to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John that have nothing to do with us? (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 15:22-24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV)

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 11:02 PM
You most certainly are!

You want to place us under a curse!

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

The law is not of faith!

Galatians 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

We were never under the law! The law was Israel's (and those allied with them) schoolmaster to bring them to Christ!

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

You do not understand the scriptures. Something is wrong. And I am circumcised. No one can place you under a curse.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 11:03 PM
Why do you resort to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John that have nothing to do with us? (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 15:22-24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV)
How do you obey Jesus?

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:08 PM
You do not understand the scriptures. I consider what Paul says and the Lord gives thee understanding (2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV)
Something is wrong. Yes, you resist the truth.
And I am circumcised. :chuckle:
No one can place you under a curse.The point is that you are trying to place others under the law just like those who were trying to put the Galatians under the law! And what did Paul tell the Galatians?

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:11 PM
How do you obey Jesus?Why did you not answer my question?

How do you obey Jesus? by faith

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

by the gospel

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 11:13 PM
I consider what Paul says and the Lord gives thee understanding (2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV) Yes, you resist the truth.:chuckle: The point is that you are trying to place others under the law just like those who were trying to put the Galatians under the law! And what did Paul tell the Galatians?

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

You are wrong. The Law is for the sinner.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Why did you not answer my question?

by faith

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

by the gospel

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Do you know the commands of Jesus? Where did you learn them from? I did answer your question. You have a problem with something in Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John.

meshak
March 24th, 2016, 11:18 PM
You are doing a good job defending Jesus' word, Jacob.

thank you:)

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:24 PM
I did answer your question. You have a problem with something in Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John.
No, you didn't. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John have nothing to do with us (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 15:22-24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV) yet that is where you want to lead everyone, to a time past and future message to Israel. Why do you insist on knowing Christ after the flesh (2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV). Our instructions are by direct revelation of the risen, ascended, glorified Lord Jesus Christ to the apostle Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) to us (Romans 11:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV) in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon (2 Timtothy 1:13 KJV). It is the "but now" where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested (Romans 3:21-22 KJV), where we are dead to the law by the body of Christ (Romans 7:4 KJV) and where we have liberty in Christ and are not to be entangled with the yoke of bondage (Galatians 5:1-4 KJV). You need to recover yourself to the acknowledging of the truth (2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV)putting yourself on the same page God would have you as you have been spoiled (Colossians 2:8 KJV).

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:26 PM
You are doing a good job defending Jesus' word, Jacob.

thank you:)Says the woman who believes not the glorious gospel of Christ and is blinded.

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Do you know the commands of Jesus? I am not under the law and neither are you. The grace of God is our teacher.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 11:28 PM
No, you didn't. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John have nothing to do with us (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 15:22-24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV) yet that is where you want to lead everyone, to a time past and future message to Israel. Why do you insist on knowing Christ after the flesh (2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV). Our instructions are by direct revelation of the risen, ascended, glorified Lord Jesus Christ to the apostle Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) to us (Romans 11:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV) in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon (2 Timtothy 1:13 KJV). It is the "but now" where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested (Romans 3:21-22 KJV), where we are dead to the law by the body of Christ (Romans 7:4 KJV) and where we have liberty in Christ and are not to be entangled with the yoke of bondage (Galatians 5:1-4 KJV). You need to recover yourself to the acknowledging of the truth (2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV)putting yourself on the same page God would have you as you have been spoiled (Colossians 2:8 KJV).
I am circumcised and I believe Jesus' commands are for Gentiles as well as Jews.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 11:31 PM
I am not under the law and neither are you.
You are correct. This is true. But this does not in any way mean either one of us is not to obey Jesus.

The grace of God is our teacher.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;John 1:14, 17 NASB - 14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. ... 17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:35 PM
You are wrong. Nope.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:37 PM
You are correct. This is true. But this does not in any way mean either one of us is not to obey Jesus.
John 1:14, 17 NASB - 14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. ... 17 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.We were never commanded to keep the commandments!

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 11:40 PM
Nope.
I apologize.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 11:41 PM
We were never commanded to keep the commandments!
Who was never commanded to keep what commandments?

The commandments are for everyone, they are not only for a select few.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:49 PM
Who was never commanded to keep what commandments?

The commandments are for everyone, they are not only for a select few.

Jacob, we are in the but now which is not the "OT", Matthew, Mark, Luke and John nor Heb thru Rev! That's where you find the law commanded!

Members of the Body of Christ are not under the law, but grace!

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 11:50 PM
Jacob, we are in the but now which is not the "OT", Matthew, Mark, Luke and John nor Heb thru Rev! That's where you find the law commanded!

Members of the Body of Christ are not under the law, but grace!

I am not under the Law. This does not mean I should not obey God's commands or God's commands in Jesus.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:51 PM
I apologize.Me too. I pegged you to be like a Galatian when you are, but an O man!

Jacob
Me too. I pegged you to be like a Galatian when you are, but an O man!

I'm not sure what you mean here.

heir
I am not under the Law. This does not mean I should not obey God's commands or God's commands in Jesus.Where are YOU commanded to keep the law of Moses? And for what?

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:52 PM
I'm not sure what you mean here.
Read Romans

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 11:53 PM
Where are YOU commanded to keep the law of Moses?
Are those who are circumcised to keep the law of Moses? I don't mean to detract from what we are talking about, obeying Jesus.

Jacob
Read Romans

I have. What is an O man?

heir
I have to go. It's very late here.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:54 PM
I have. What is an O man?Read Romans. You can't miss him.

heir
March 24th, 2016, 11:55 PM
grace and peace. I'm out

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 11:55 PM
I have to go. It's very late here.

Okay. Shalom.

Jacob
March 24th, 2016, 11:56 PM
Read Romans. You can't miss him.

I'm not sure what you mean, and I have read Romans.

God's Truth
March 25th, 2016, 01:32 AM

What are you supposed to obey?

If you are not obeying what are you doing?

God's Truth
March 25th, 2016, 01:41 AM

Please read this scripture and tell me what Paul was telling the Philippians to obey.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

Tell me what Paul was instructing the Thessalonians.

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

Why would Paul want a believer put out?

1 Corinthians 5:2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this?

If we do not have to obey anything, why would Paul call this believer wicked? If there is nothing to obey, what are we judging?

1 Corinthians 5:13
God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

Totton Linnet
March 25th, 2016, 03:51 AM
James and Paul say nothing even hinting that anyone should break any one command.

State for the record your relationship to meshak

We are not under the law but under grace, the law was only ever given to the Jews....if you do not believe that Jesus Christ is God you oght not to post in the ECT section.

heir
March 25th, 2016, 06:01 AM
What are you supposed to obey?

If you are not obeying what are you doing?You dodge what specifically you tell us we have to obey over and over in every thread. So, until you answer using scripture and specifics, I've nothing to say to you. Take a hike.

heir
March 25th, 2016, 06:04 AM
Jacob, Paul would ask and say of you:

Galatians 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Galatians 4:10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

Galatians 4:11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Jacob
March 25th, 2016, 10:13 AM
State for the record your relationship to meshak
What relationship?
We are not under the law but under grace,Yes.
the law was only ever given to the Jews....Including those who live in Israel or with Israel and those who unite with Israel or become Jews or Israelites as proselytes or converts. Plus, the world is accountable to God through the Law given to the nation of Israel by God and through the prophet Moses, says Paul in the book/letter/epistle of/to the Romans.
if you do not believe that Jesus Christ is God you oght not to post in the ECT section.I believe Jesus is the Son of God and as a Christian I believe all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Him by God. Therefore, all people should obey Jesus.

Jacob
March 25th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Jacob, Paul would ask and say of you:

Galatians 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Galatians 4:10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

Galatians 4:11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

I don't desire to be in bondage and I don't believe I am in bondage. If Paul is talking about Jewish feasts, festivals, holy days, or other Jewish days I still don't believe it is wrong to observe them. I believe Paul wanted the Galatians to know, whether they were Jew or Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, I do not know... Paul wanted them to know that salvation is not in these things. That is, if he was talking about Jewish days, months, times, and years. As a Christian I understand that many of the days Christians celebrate do not need to be celebrated, wrong or not. As a Jewish-Christian or a Christian practicing Jewish things and learning from the old covenant as a new covenant believer I know that I can either treat every day alike or that some days can be considered different from other days. But when I talk about obeying Jesus I hope people don't think this means to be under the Law. I do believe Jews and circumcised Gentiles can observe the Law with no repercussions. And, that people can be saved when they realize they have transgressed the Law and that Jesus not only observed and taught the Law but that He is our (Messiah,) Lord, and Savior. He is the King of Israel and King of the Jews and of the Gentiles and that means the whole world.

God's Truth
March 25th, 2016, 11:04 AM
You dodge what specifically you tell us we have to obey over and over in every thread. So, until you answer using scripture and specifics, I've nothing to say to you. Take a hike.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

God's Truth
March 25th, 2016, 11:06 AM
How is that for a start, heir?

Are you going to obey Jesus?

heir
March 25th, 2016, 11:44 AM
I don't desire to be in bondage and I don't believe I am in bondage.You are.

If Paul is talking about Jewish feasts, festivals, holy days, or other Jewish days I still don't believe it is wrong to observe them.Of course you don't care what Paul says. You will not be corrected.

:wave2:

heir
March 25th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.wrong kingdom, wrong gospel

heir
March 25th, 2016, 11:52 AM
How is that for a start, heir?

Are you going to obey Jesus?You still can't lay it all out. Why not? You've been saying for some time now that you obeyed to be saved and that the Lord told you what to obey to be saved. And when asked for specifics (ALL OF THEM), you come back with a couple of things "for a start". Lay it all out (requested umpteen times)or shut up.

Jacob
March 25th, 2016, 11:52 AM
You are. Of course you don't care what Paul says. You will not be corrected.

Did Paul say this as a Jew?

1 Corinthians 9:20 NASB - 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law;

Jacob
March 25th, 2016, 11:58 AM
You are.

A circumcised man does not need to live apart from Christ such that He is without Christ. And a circumcised man cannot become uncircumcised.

Romans 3:30 NASB - 30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.

Romans 4:11 NASB - 11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them,

1 Corinthians 7:18 NASB - 18 Was any man called when he was already circumcised? He is not to become uncircumcised. Has anyone been called in uncircumcision? He is not to be circumcised.

Of course you don't care what Paul says. You will not be corrected.

heir
March 25th, 2016, 12:08 PM
A circumcised man does not need to live apart from Christ such that He is without Christ. And a circumcised man cannot become uncircumcised.

Romans 3:30 NASB - 30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.

Romans 4:11 NASB - 11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them,

1 Corinthians 7:18 NASB - 18 Was any man called when he was already circumcised? He is not to become uncircumcised. Has anyone been called in uncircumcision? He is not to be circumcised.

I'm short on time so I'll keep it short. You are convinced you have to keep the law. Foolish and bewitched, you have fallen from grace! And now you are just like those who bewitched the Galatians calling us disobedient if we don't keep the law Galatians 2:4 KJV. You're a mess. I hope you get straightened out (2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV).

Jacob
March 25th, 2016, 12:12 PM
I'm short on time so I'll keep it short. You are convinced you have to keep the law. Foolish and bewitched, you have fallen from grace! And now you are just like those who bewitched the Galatians calling us disobedient if we don't keep the law Galatians 2:4 KJV. You're a mess. I hope you get straightened out (2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV).

A Christian should not be a law breaker. But a Christian is not under the law. He is under grace.

Obeying Jesus and obeying God's commands are the same if we are talking about obeying God's commands in Jesus. Did Jesus observe and teach the Law? Was what He taught the Law of Moses, the Law of God, or the Law of Moses and something more? What is the Law of God that Jesus taught?

Was what Jesus taught Israel and the Jews still there after His death? Meaning, is the Law to be observed by Israel following the death of Jesus, the death and burial of Jesus, the death burial and resurrection of Jesus, or the death burial resurrection appearing and ascension of Jesus?

God's Truth
March 25th, 2016, 12:22 PM
You still can't lay it all out. Why not? You've been saying for some time now that you obeyed to be saved and that the Lord told you what to obey to be saved. And when asked for specifics (ALL OF THEM), you come back with a couple of things "for a start". Lay it all out (requested umpteen times)or shut up.

I gave you the scriptures many times.

Now tell us all if you obeyed those scriptures.

Because YOU WILL NOT enter or be forgiven unless you do those things.

God's Truth
March 25th, 2016, 12:24 PM
wrong kingdom, wrong gospel

There is only one kingdom and one gospel.

Can you imagine! Different kingdom and gospels!

1 Corinthians 1:13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

Totton Linnet
March 25th, 2016, 01:07 PM
What relationship?Yes.Including those who live in Israel or with Israel and those who unite with Israel or become Jews or Israelites as proselytes or converts. Plus, the world is accountable to God through the Law given to the nation of Israel by God and through the prophet Moses, says Paul in the book/letter/epistle of/to the Romans.I believe Jesus is the Son of God and as a Christian I believe all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Him by God. Therefore, all people should obey Jesus.

Wiley character, state whether or not you believe Christ is God. The law came by Moses but grace and truth by Jesus Christ and we are not under the law but under grace.

Jacob
March 25th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Wiley character, state whether or not you believe Christ is God. The law came by Moses but grace and truth by Jesus Christ and we are not under the law but under grace.

Thomas said, "My Lord and my God". Paul said, "all the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form". Deity is God. I have told you and stated that Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus worshipped God. God is Jesus' Father. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. God is our Father. But none of us are the only begotten Son of God.

Totton Linnet
March 25th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Thomas said, "My Lord and my God". Paul said, "all the fullness of Deity dwells in Him in bodily form". Deity is God. I have told you and stated that Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus worshipped God. God is Jesus' Father. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. God is our Father. But none of us are the only begotten Son of God.

The apostle said "my Lord and my God"....why don't just answer a question?

Jacob
March 25th, 2016, 01:34 PM
The apostle said "my Lord and my God"....why don't just answer a question?

One translation of one verse in the Bible says only begotten God, while another says only begotten Son. Accept them both or choose the one you feel makes the most sense.