PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to The Hall of Fame

Knight
December 18th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Ok, TOL'ers and TruthSmackers the Hall of Fame is now open. The Hall of Fame will not be open for new threads (you cannot start a new thread in here). The Hall of Fame will be used to place existing threads.... that we at TOL or you (the participant) believe to be worthy of Hall of Fame status.

Here is how it works...
If you know of a thread that you believe is worthy of Hall of Fame status simply send Crow :crow: (via private message) a link to the thread and a paragraph explaining to her why you feel the thread belongs in the Hall of Fame. In other words... tell :crow: in your own words why you think this thread is so great. Maybe there was a good exchange between a atheist and a theist or maybe there was some really funny posts or maybe the thread was legendary for another reason. Keep in mind Crow may be using the paragraph you send her as an explanation for the Hall of Fame thread either here at TOL or possibly in an upcoming "Best of TOL" book so make your write up count!

Crow will review your submission and decide if your thread belongs in the Hall of Fame. We will NOT be accepting just any old thread. Only the best of the best threads will gain entry into the Hall of Fame.

You do not need to be the "thread starter" to submit a thread to the Hall of Fame, in fact you can submit any thread even if you didn't participate in the thread.

Some threads will not be eligible for Hall of Fame status i.e., Battle Royale threads (I want to keep those where they are).

And please do not submit threads just for the sake of submitting them.... I do not want Crow to be bogged down with unworthy submissions. And also... please check to make sure the thread you are submitting isn't ALREADY in the Hall of Fame!

And finally...
Please do not submit threads that are new and are just developing. The Hall of Fame is for classic threads that have long since cooled off.

Thanks and have fun!

Elaine
December 19th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Cool! :thumb: :knight:

drbrumley
December 19th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Just for clarification, threads that will not be considered are Battle Royal threads. How about TOL News threads? Or reports? These should not be sent to you either? Just clarifing?

DRBrumley

Freak
December 19th, 2003, 12:28 PM
This is a great addition to TOL. Now, new & old members alike will have the opportunity to read some truly classic threads! :up:

Freak
December 19th, 2003, 01:40 PM
:knight: :up:

Freak
December 19th, 2003, 01:43 PM
Along with the Hall of Fame threads you ought to have a thread of the Hall of Fame of TOL posters who excelled in truthsmacking over the years!

Elaine
December 19th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Just curious; once threads are in the Hall of Fame, does that mean they will be closed?

Freak
December 19th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Elaine
Just curious; once threads are in the Hall of Fame, does that mean they will be closed? They should be....

Tye Porter
December 19th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Freak
They should be....
I disagree.

Freak
December 19th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Tye Porter
I disagree. You run the risk of people destroying a good thread with nonsense.

Tye Porter
December 19th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Freak
You run the risk of people destroying a good thread with nonsense.
I think you are assuming that the thread is not already nonsense.
Or that a "good thread" cannot be made better with the additional input.

jjjg
February 16th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Do you vote or make suggestions which threads end up in hall of fame?

Clete
December 3rd, 2005, 12:22 AM
How likely is it that you'll be banned if you post in this thread? :shocked:

kmoney
December 3rd, 2005, 09:23 AM
:noid:

BillyBob
December 3rd, 2005, 10:27 AM
That's why I'm not gonna post.... :doh:

Mr. 5020
December 3rd, 2005, 03:54 PM
Well, out of the 10 (now 11) posters, 3 are banned, and 1 has been (on more than one occasion).

SOTK
December 3rd, 2005, 06:43 PM
Well, I guess we aren't sending :crow: the links anymore.

kmoney
December 3rd, 2005, 06:49 PM
Where has Crow been anyway?? :noid:

Mr. 5020
December 3rd, 2005, 06:51 PM
Where has Crow been anyway?? :noid:At ChristianForums.com.

kmoney
December 3rd, 2005, 06:54 PM
At ChristianForums.com.
oh, anyone know why she switched?

Mr. 5020
December 3rd, 2005, 06:57 PM
oh, anyone know why she switched?Not with any certainty, but the rumor mill has produced some theories.

SOTK
December 3rd, 2005, 07:00 PM
At ChristianForums.com.

:cool: I post there as well! I'll have to say "Hi" to her.

Mr. 5020
December 3rd, 2005, 07:06 PM
:cool: I post there as well! I'll have to say "Hi" to her.Me, too. Her name there is Redneck Crow (http://www.christianforums.com/u100373).

SOTK
December 3rd, 2005, 07:13 PM
Me, too. Her name there is Redneck Crow (http://www.christianforums.com/u100373).

Really? I didn't know you were there. Same username? I have had :crow: on my buddy list there for quite some time. I just didn't know that she was posting there again. I pop in there from time to time, but admit I haven't beem posting there as much as I used to. I'll have to start again.

Mr. 5020
December 3rd, 2005, 07:15 PM
Really? I didn't know you were there. Same username?Yep. Mr. :5020:

Frank Ernest
December 4th, 2005, 06:01 AM
I miss :crow2:. :taoist: Will have to check out ChristianForums.

erinmarie
December 4th, 2005, 09:08 AM
MUTINY!!!!!!!!!!! haha. ;)

BillyBob
December 4th, 2005, 09:34 AM
You're not allowed to talk about other forums here. :nono:

You guys will all soon be banned. :banned:

It looks like CRASH was right after all! :devil:

BillyBob
December 4th, 2005, 09:35 AM
I meant Clete.

Frank Ernest
December 5th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Oops! I don't wanna get :banned:!

Eeset
February 13th, 2016, 12:01 AM
You're not allowed to talk about other forums here. :nono:

You guys will all soon be banned. :banned:

It looks like CRASH was right after all! :devil:
I miss you BillyBob. :)

fzappa13
February 13th, 2016, 03:43 AM
Man, walking through that thread was like walking through a grave yard.

:rip:

theophilus
February 13th, 2016, 06:57 AM
Whatever happened to beanieboy?

fzappa13
February 13th, 2016, 08:54 AM
... or Crow or Freak or Billy Bob or erinmarie ...

...unfortunately I know what happened to Frank Earnest.

WizardofOz
February 13th, 2016, 09:14 AM
... or Crow or Freak or Billy Bob or erinmarie ...

...unfortunately I know what happened to Frank Earnest.

Yup, Frank passed. Wow. It was almost exactly one year ago today. (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108088)

ok doser
February 13th, 2016, 11:04 AM
yeah, some good people gone

frank, Bob b, billybob

WizardofOz
February 13th, 2016, 11:21 AM
yeah, some good people gone

frank, Bob b, billybob

billybob isn't dead IRL, is he? Just banned from here for life...

ok doser
February 13th, 2016, 11:23 AM
he's dead to tol :(

WizardofOz
February 13th, 2016, 11:39 AM
RIP :e4e:

fzappa13
February 13th, 2016, 02:32 PM
billybob isn't dead IRL, is he? Just banned from here for life...

Yeah, the place isn't the same without him and Tye acting like a couple of siblings. How did BB manage to get perma-banned?

ok doser
February 13th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Yeah, the place isn't the same without him and Tye acting like a couple of siblings. How did BB manage to get perma-banned?

when he came back a year or two ago, he hadn't realized how the place had changed - got slapped down a few times and then, frustrated, vented inappropriately at, iirc, nori

which was really a shame, because he had always gotten along well with her in the past

fzappa13
February 13th, 2016, 03:04 PM
when he came back a year or two ago, he hadn't realized how the place had changed - got slapped down a few times and then, frustrated, vented inappropriately at, iirc, nori

which was really a shame, because he had always gotten along well with her in the past

Oh dear ... and Nori's the sweetheart of the bunch. I figured he was just ticked because he didn't get to keep his old post count ... seemed like it was a race between him and Lighthouse for the most minimalist posts to acquire the title of top poster.

... and now it's Knight ... I guess when you house clean enough but fail to prune your own posts these things happen. :chuckle: