PDA

View Full Version : This Is, After All, A Theology Forum!

bybee
November 17th, 2015, 08:02 AM
How do you all feel about the vulgar comments made by some of our posters?
I detest them!
It casts a pall over the whole forum.
Our goal here is to bring people to Christ whilst encouraging lively dialogue amongst those of all religious persuasions as well as those who are not persuaded!
We have been blessed with posters of great knowledge as well as wisdom.
We have been blessed with people of wit and charm who are able to differ with courtesy and dignity.
I have delighted in the wit displayed by some which is able to walk around the edges of "naughty" without making me wish to vomit.
I pledge, as a Moderator, to ban those who resort to gutter language to express themselves.

Quetzal
November 17th, 2015, 08:04 AM
I detest them!
Our goal here is to bring people to Christ whilst encouraging lively dialogue amongst those of all religious persuasions as well as those who are not persuaded!
We have been blessed with people of wit and charm who are able to differ with courtesy and dignity.
I have delighted in the wit displayed by some which is able to walk around the edges of "naughty" without making me wish to vomit.
I pledge, as a Moderator, to ban those who resort to gutter language to express themselves.
I think consistency between mods and users would help a lot. That is one of my chief complaints. I think if someone resorts to language or personal attacks in lieu of critical discussion, they should be thrown in the slammer. Shouldn't matter what side of the political spectrum they fall on, consistency would go a long way.

bybee
November 17th, 2015, 08:36 AM
I think consistency between mods and users would help a lot. That is one of my chief complaints. I think if someone resorts to language or personal attacks in lieu of critical discussion, they should be thrown in the slammer. Shouldn't matter what side of the political spectrum they fall on, consistency would go a long way.

Good points!

6days
November 17th, 2015, 08:47 AM
1 Peter 2:17 Respect everyone, and love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God, and respect the king.

1 Peter 3:15*But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

Jamie Gigliotti
November 17th, 2015, 08:55 AM
I detest them!
What bothers me the most is that outsiders see it as a knock on Christ and Christianity.

And it can really harm some who don't have a secure relationship with Christ.

I can't see how it ever helps one's argument in a debate.

Desert Reign
November 17th, 2015, 09:05 AM
I detest them!

It does
but
It is necessary to distinguish
the good ones
from
the bad.

bybee
November 17th, 2015, 09:09 AM
It does
but
It is necessary to distinguish
the good ones
from
the bad.

True! I do love a good caustic remark that is to the point, succinct and even a bit racy myself!
But there is a socially acceptable belt line which may be invoked to sort out those remarks that are above the belt line and those which are not!

I am open to discussion by those who challenge my decisions as a Mod.
It is openness that helps keep this such a great forum!

bybee
November 17th, 2015, 09:10 AM
What bothers me the most is that outsiders see it as a knock on Christ and Christianity.

Good points and my fears exactly!

bybee
November 17th, 2015, 09:11 AM
1 Peter 2:17 Respect everyone, and love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God, and respect the king.

1 Peter 3:15*But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

I do strive toward that ideal but sadly, fall short.

Tambora
November 17th, 2015, 09:16 AM
I'll tell you what I have been told to do when I don't like what another does or says .......
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/sissypoo/SMILES/mean/ignore.gif

bybee
November 17th, 2015, 09:20 AM
I'll tell you what I have been told to do when I don't like what another does or says .......

That doesn't work for me!

Tambora
November 17th, 2015, 09:21 AM
That doesn't work for me!You don't have to have a button to ignore someone.

Quetzal
Ignoring is fine and good, but for the staff to tolerate toxic behavior will only encourage its use elsewhere by other members.

PureX

And it can really harm some who don't have a secure relationship with Christ.I think you are a little confused. It's those who don't have a secure relationship with Christ that act like angry toddlers when challenged. It's those who don't have a secure relationship with Christ who can't handle even the slightest opposition to their religious dogma, and so fly into insults whenever they're challenged ideologically. It's those who don't have a secure relationship with Christ who are so absurdly dependent on their own religious self-righteousness that they cannot tolerate being treated like the adult children that they are.

You're worried for the 'outsiders', but they're seeing clearly and responding appropriately. It's these spiritually retarded 'insiders' that ARE misrepresenting Christ that are your (and all religious Christian's) problem.

Tambora
November 17th, 2015, 09:27 AM
I think you are a little confused. It's those who don't have a secure relationship with Christ that act like angry toddlers when challenged. It's those who don't have a secure relationship with Christ who can't handle even the slightest opposition to their religious dogma, and so fly into insults whenever they're challenged ideologically. It's those who don't have a secure relationship with Christ who are so absurdly dependent on their own religious self-righteousness that they cannot tolerate being treated like the adult children that they are.

You're worried for the 'outsiders', but they're seeing clearly and responding appropriately. It's these spiritually retarded 'insiders' that ARE misrepresenting Christ that are your (and all religious Christian's) problem.There ya go!
Insult them while complaining about their insults.
:thumb:

PureX
November 17th, 2015, 09:29 AM
There ya go!
Insult them while complaining about their insults.
:thumb:If a man has a gimp leg. And I say he has a gimp leg, is that an "insult"?

Why are you people so absurdly sensitive to criticism? Do you really think you're all above reproach? Wait! What's this thread about if you are all above reproach?

Tambora
November 17th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Ignoring is fine and good, but for the staff to tolerate toxic behavior will only encourage its use elsewhere by other members.I've been here over 10 years.
I have yet to see a single day when there were no insults.
And some of the best insults have been from the staff!!!!

Quetzal
November 17th, 2015, 09:41 AM
I've been here over 10 years.
I have yet to see a single day when there were no insults.
And some of the best insults have been from the staff!!!!
I believe there is a fine line to walk here. Sometimes people say stupid things and should be held as such. There is a difference, however, when someone is deliberately trying to attack the character of another person. I believe these are easy to see and those are the type of posts that, in my opinion, have no place on any forum at all. That is, me saying "You are an idiot" is different than me saying "You are an idiot, I can see why your wife left you." Two totally different things with two totally different messages.

Tambora
November 17th, 2015, 09:43 AM
If a man has a gimp leg. And I say he has a gimp leg, is that an "insult"?Nah.
And if a man is a moron, and you say he is a moron, is that an insult?
Nah.

Why are you people so absurdly sensitive to criticism? It's me, Tambora. Criticism of me is almost a daily occurrence around here.

Do you really think you're all above reproach?Again, you're talking to me, Tambora.

Wait! What's this thread about if you are all above reproach?I thought it was about gutter talk.

Tambora
November 17th, 2015, 09:47 AM
"I can see why your wife left you."
Dang, I was about to use that one on doser.

Jamie Gigliotti
November 17th, 2015, 09:50 AM
I think you are a little confused. It's those who don't have a secure relationship with Christ that act like angry toddlers when challenged. It's those who don't have a secure relationship with Christ who can't handle even the slightest opposition to their religious dogma, and so fly into insults whenever they're challenged ideologically. It's those who don't have a secure relationship with Christ who are so absurdly dependent on their own religious self-righteousness that they cannot tolerate being treated like the adult children that they are.

You're worried for the 'outsiders', but they're seeing clearly and responding appropriately. It's these spiritually retarded 'insiders' that ARE misrepresenting Christ that are your (and all religious Christian's) problem.
My point was harsh mean spiritedness could push away someone from Christ. Some may see the meanness as a sign of the perpratrator as being not mature in Christ, but it the one attacked isn't mature either it could harm someone's faith. Paul warns against this.

I think it's right to say, this is not appropriate behavior. Let's have civil debates.

PureX
November 17th, 2015, 09:54 AM
My point was harsh mean spiritedness could push away someone from Christ. Some may see the meanness as a sign of the perpratrator as being not mature in Christ, but it the one attacked isn't mature either it could harm someone's faith. Paul warns against this.

I think it's right to say, this is not appropriate behavior. Let's have civil debates.I think you all need to get your own house in order before you presume to proselytize others.

Jamie Gigliotti
November 17th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Nah.
And if a man is a moron, and you say he is a moron, is that an insult?
Nah.

It's me, Tambora. Criticism of me is almost a daily occurrence around here.

Again, you're talking to me, Tambora.

I thought it was about gutter talk.

If you call someone a moron, who is intelligence challenged, it could be damaging. Why not say I want to help you understand.

If any of us has any insight about God or wisdom about him by grace, let's help those who May not be as fortunate instead of kicking them when they are down.

Jamie Gigliotti
November 17th, 2015, 09:58 AM
I think you all need to get your own house in order before you presume to proselytize others.

Paul said himself he was pursuing perfection, that he had not reached it. That didn't disqualify him. That argument stops all of us.

Tambora
November 17th, 2015, 10:04 AM
TOL is just fine.
It's been around much longer than most any other theology site for good reason.

I just love this place!

disturbo
November 17th, 2015, 10:18 AM
ddddd

Jose Fly
November 17th, 2015, 10:50 AM
I detest them!

It's very difficult for me to take this place at all seriously. Read through threads and you'll see right-wing Christians allowed to call others all sorts of names....moron, retard, idiot, faggot, etc. and be completely protected. Meanwhile, non-Christians regularly get banned for being "disruptive" (which basically means "you're being too effective and making us look bad"....I mean, I was banned for THIS POST (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4502644&postcount=10)).

Shoot, the administrators don't even take this place seriously (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4507964&postcount=111), so why should anyone else?

Rusha
November 17th, 2015, 10:54 AM
I'm glad to hear you're stepping in. When people use vulgar toward me it doesn't help me be good either. This is esp. true on the political forum. I would also like to see people STOP judging and condemning others simply because they disagree. B57 and a few others are notorious for doing this.

True ... though vulgar language and outrageous comments says more about the person posting them than it does about those they are targeting.

Tambora
November 17th, 2015, 10:55 AM
It's very difficult for me to take this place at all seriously. Read through threads and you'll see right-wing Christians allowed to call others all sorts of names....moron, retard, idiot, faggot, etc. and be completely protected. Meanwhile, non-Christians regularly get banned for being "disruptive" (which basically means "you're being too effective and making us look bad"....I mean, I was banned for THIS POST (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4502644&postcount=10)).

Shoot, the administrators don't even take this place seriously (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4507964&postcount=111), so why should anyone else?Folks have this odd fantasy that TOL and Christians are supposed to be the model of perfection.

OCTOBER23
November 17th, 2015, 10:55 AM
BYBEE ,

Have you deleted your post against me yet ?

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ;

that every one may receive the things done in his body,

according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

James 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word,

the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

Nick M
November 17th, 2015, 11:02 AM
If a man has a gimp leg. And I say he has a gimp leg, is that an "insult"?

Now you are catching on! We will see how long this lasts.

Am I insulting a perverted homo by saying he is a perverted homo? No! I am merely identifying him.

Jose Fly
November 17th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Folks have this odd fantasy that TOL and Christians are supposed to be the model of perfection.

Well I most certainly don't have that perception. Actually, I expect the opposite from fundamentalists, and this place certainly delivers.

But the point remains...if the administrators don't take this place seriously, why should I?

disturbo
November 17th, 2015, 11:13 AM
ddddd

bybee
November 17th, 2015, 11:34 AM

Am I insulting a perverted homo by saying he is a perverted homo? No! I am merely identifying him.

Opinions are not necessarily hits below the belt line!
I am quite full of opinions myself!

Tambora
November 17th, 2015, 11:37 AM
You are one mean spirited person

:Popcorn:

PureX
November 17th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Paul said himself he was pursuing perfection, that he had not reached it. That didn't disqualify him. That argument stops all of us.What argument? That Christians are flawed? You sure wouldn't know the Christians around here think so! Because they are certainly convinced they are better than everyone else, and they fight tooth and nail to never admit that they could even remotely, possibly, to even the slightest degree, be wrong about anything, ever!

There are at least a half dozen regulars, here, who are auto-defensive to the degree of absurdity. And they are also the same folks who sink to the nastiest behavior when they think they are being "attacked" because someone has dared to suggest that 'Christendom' might be wrong about something.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 17th, 2015, 11:46 AM
I detest them!

Excellent post

Grosnick Marowbe
November 17th, 2015, 11:53 AM
If a man has a gimp leg. And I say he has a gimp leg, is that an "insult"?

Why are you people so absurdly sensitive to criticism? Do you really think you're all above reproach? Wait! What's this thread about if you are all above reproach?

By your lack of sensitivity, it's okay to tell someone they're unattractive or they dress funny, right?

Cedarbay
November 17th, 2015, 11:56 AM
I detest them!
I pledge, as a Moderator, to ban those who resort to gutter language to express themselves.Great post, bybee.

Might I add a little humor and suggest that forum violators be required to come up with 10 (TEN) coherent acronyms in the Acronym Game thread...:)

Foxfire
November 17th, 2015, 12:28 PM
That doesn't work for me!

True fact. Probably one of the worst parts of being a MOD?

Tambora
November 17th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Great post, bybee.

Might I add a little humor and suggest that forum violators be required to come up with 10 (TEN) coherent acronyms in the Acronym Game thread...:)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/sissypoo/SMILES/mean/denied.gif

Jamie Gigliotti
November 17th, 2015, 12:38 PM

And what if that helped to push that person over the edge.
"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1

Jamie Gigliotti
November 17th, 2015, 12:43 PM
What argument? That Christians are flawed? You sure wouldn't know the Christians around here think so! Because they are certainly convinced they are better than everyone else, and they fight tooth and nail to never admit that they could even remotely, possibly, to even the slightest degree, be wrong about anything, ever!

There are at least a half dozen regulars, here, who are auto-defensive to the degree of absurdity. And they are also the same folks who sink to the nastiest behavior when they think they are being "attacked" because someone has dared to suggest that 'Christendom' might be wrong about something.

Some use Christ as a licence to do evil.

HisServant
November 17th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Some use Christ as a licence to do evil.

When your religion revolves around do's and dont's and is attractive to the unsaved.. you get a lot of people in the church that see it as a license to sin because they aren't saved to begin with.

By you stating things the way you do, I am concerned about your standing before God.

ok doser
November 17th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Am I insulting a perverted homo by saying he is a perverted homo?

the perverted homo will think so, as will those who support him and think he should be allowed his "rights" in our society

but really, who cares what they think?

Quincy
November 17th, 2015, 01:30 PM
I detest them!

I definitely understand why you detest them, they don't offer anything beneficial to the discussions, on the surface at least. To me, that's the best thing about the internet, though. The anonymous environment allows people to show their true nature. In the end, that just confirms my bias against certain people of a particular persuasion.

and I don't care about what their intent is, either. If you can't articulate it properly and what you actually tell people makes you sound like Patrick Stewart during Chrismas time before all the ghosts visit, then that is what you are.

6days
November 17th, 2015, 01:42 PM
I do strive toward that ideal but sadly, fall short.
Don't we all!

PureX
November 17th, 2015, 02:24 PM
By your lack of sensitivity, it's okay to tell someone they're unattractive or they dress funny, right?I bet ten dollars that you have no idea what your own point, is, here. :chuckle:

aikido7
November 17th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Thank you so much for posting this topic. “Gutter language” has no place anywhere in life. Using it is as an immature response must be confronted by all of us whenever it confronts us,

Theologically I have been banned several times for being “disruptive” and “blasphemous.”

These labels are general terms only and do not give me any information as to their specific applications. As you can imagine, these terms give me no idea what they are referring to. They certainly come from another person’s feelings, but they give me no way to become accountable for my postings or to do something different.

Ever since my “born again” moment over 30 years ago, I see Jesus as “the norm of the Bible” for me. I might not seem like a traditional Christian, but I recognize and try to hold to the God I see in the words and actions of Jesus’s teachings and actions.

The only thing that might be fearful and unsettling for many on TOL is the fact that I endeavor to separate the actual real-world events from the theology placed there by the traditions of men.

aikido7
November 17th, 2015, 03:04 PM
and I don't care about what their intent is, either. If you can't articulate it properly and what you actually tell people makes you sound like Patrick Stewart during Chrismas time before all the ghosts visit, then that is what you are.

I have discovered that “gutter language” or “verbal violence” or “cruelty” comes from the fact that we are unable to process our own suffering.

We treat others in the way we have learned from our parents since childhood.

There are many, many ways to learn how to give and take criticism in mature ways. But it takes inspiration, effort and some time. But I have found it is sooooo worth it!

But let the reader beware! I still struggle with it way too often.

bybee
November 17th, 2015, 03:13 PM
I definitely understand why you detest them, they don't offer anything beneficial to the discussions, on the surface at least. To me, that's the best thing about the internet, though. The anonymous environment allows people to show their true nature. In the end, that just confirms my bias against certain people of a particular persuasion.

Yup!

glorydaz
November 17th, 2015, 03:25 PM
I have discovered that “gutter language” or “verbal violence” or “cruelty” comes from the fact that we are unable to process our own suffering.

There are many, many ways to learn how to give and take criticism in mature ways. But it takes inspiration, effort and some time. But I have found it is sooooo worth it!

I grew up trying to please everyone, and found out it was wrong to do that, because not everyone wanted right things, and there was always someone who disapproved of what was said. I learned that hypocrites say what it takes to appear perfect in the eyes of others. Now, I speak the truth as I see it and let others take it however they like.

ok doser
November 17th, 2015, 03:29 PM
I speak the truth as I see it and let others take it however they like.

aikido7
November 17th, 2015, 03:37 PM
I grew up trying to please everyone, and found out it was wrong to do that, because not everyone wanted right things, and there was always someone who disapproved of what was said. I learned that hypocrites say what it takes to appear perfect in the eyes of others. Now, I speak the truth as I see it and let others take it however they like.That is the stage I have finally come to as well.

My early family life left me as an adult with being basically socially retarded and afraid.

But my faith now is strong. Nothing can disturb it and I am so glad I have been able to stand up for myself like you have.

Even though I have my share of problems, life is sweet and God is good--thanks to my relationship with Jesus and Christ.

patrick jane
November 17th, 2015, 03:39 PM

I'm glad I never pretend to be perfect and I'm not too proud, or have an evil streak, praise God !

glorydaz
November 17th, 2015, 03:41 PM
I'm glad I never pretend to be perfect and I'm not too proud, or have an evil streak, praise God !

:rotfl:

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 17th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Well I most certainly don't have that perception. Actually, I expect the opposite from fundamentalists, and this place certainly delivers.

But the point remains...if the administrators don't take this place seriously, why should I?

Then, perhaps you ought to pack yourself up in a suitcase and, Get
outta Dodge?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 17th, 2015, 03:45 PM
:rotfl:

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Good post

Jose Fly
November 17th, 2015, 03:47 PM
outta Dodge?

You unsurprisingly miss the point. I can post here, while still recognizing that it's a place to not take seriously.

glorydaz
November 17th, 2015, 03:47 PM
outta Dodge?

Look out...someone will say you didn't apply your whitewash. :shocked:

patrick jane
November 17th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Good post

good post

Grosnick Marowbe
November 17th, 2015, 03:49 PM
You unsurprisingly miss the point. I can post here, while still recognizing that it's a place to not take seriously.

That's okay. Nobody here takes you seriously either.

glorydaz
November 17th, 2015, 03:53 PM
good post

Speaking of hypocrites.......

aikido7
November 17th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Speaking of hypocrites.......Uh... Please, Sir, may I hold my hand up on this one?

bybee
November 17th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Uh... Please, Sir, may I hold my hand up on this one?

Ya! My hand is up too!

glorydaz
November 17th, 2015, 04:06 PM

Sir? Are you talking to me or is that an attempt at gender neutrality?

glorydaz
November 17th, 2015, 04:10 PM

Fixed it for you. Just say what you mean and mean what you say, and you'll be good to go. Then you won't be wearing a mask in an attempt to appear to be what you aren't.

patrick jane
November 17th, 2015, 04:12 PM
I'm glad I never try to appear like something I'm not. No mask from my profile pics

Quincy
November 17th, 2015, 05:02 PM

Yea, criticism should always be shared and welcome, even if it's harsh, im my opinion. It's the condescending attitudes and insults that show someone's true colors. There's a big difference between contradiction and persecution. Some people think they're being persecuted when they aren't and others think they are just contradicting when they aren't. The human experience, haha.

Quincy
November 17th, 2015, 05:04 PM
I'm glad I never try to appear like something I'm not. No mask from my profile pics

So, are you the Jew or the liberal? :shocked:

turbosixx
November 17th, 2015, 05:18 PM
I detest them!

I don't like it either but I see it as a tree showing us it's fruit.

Bright Raven
November 17th, 2015, 05:25 PM
I detest them!

If they can't control the way they express themselves, they don't need to be here.

glorydaz
November 17th, 2015, 05:30 PM

What? The Little Dictator is John Kerry? :shocked:

glorydaz
November 17th, 2015, 05:30 PM

Neither.....he's a liar by default. :chuckle:

Angel4Truth
November 17th, 2015, 05:35 PM

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/Angel4Truth/Smileys/psiholog.gif

disturbo
November 17th, 2015, 06:14 PM
dddddd

ok doser
November 17th, 2015, 06:27 PM
i don't see a whole lot of theology being discussed in this thread

Psalm 11 In the Lord put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?

2 For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.

3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

4 The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

5 The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.

7 For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

glorydaz
November 17th, 2015, 08:07 PM
People need to grow up and stop calling people liars around here. Or is it too late?

Oh, so we can't call people liars when they lie? I'm sure glad you made that rule clear. :chuckle:

disturbo
November 17th, 2015, 08:18 PM
ddddd

glorydaz
November 17th, 2015, 08:27 PM

Neither.....he's a liar by default. :chuckle:

I don't make the rules. If I did you wouldn't be here for calling people liars. Just because you disagree with a person's interpretation doesn't mean they are lying. Maybe you don't know the difference.

And if I made the rules you wouldn't be here....because you're too ignorant to follow the bouncing ball. Look at PJ's avatar. Look at his comment. Look at Quincy's comment. Look at my comment. Now go ahead and have your little tantrum. It won't be the first one I've witnessed.

Nor will it be PJ's first lie....some not even by default. So you can take your silly comments about what you would do were you in charge and we can just keep playing tit for tat. I've tatted you. Your move.

Lazy afternoon
November 17th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Oh, so we can't call people liars when they lie? I'm sure glad you made that rule clear. :chuckle:

Calling someone a liar us far more serious that saying they lied.

In fact calling someone a liar when they are a child of God is a VERY serious offence punishable by hellfire.

You should know that.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Mat 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

LA

aikido7
November 17th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Sir? Are you talking to me or is that an attempt at gender neutrality?Of course I was talking to you!
You need to know, I think, that I have finally learned to put myself in neutral at certain times of day. It can easily hide my hypocrisy and hard feelings.

But darn it--not for long!

aikido7
November 17th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Oh, so we can't call people liars when they lie? I'm sure glad you made that rule clear. :chuckle:You can have a choice. And you can certainly imagine your own response to the situation.

Instead of “You’re a liar” what makes more sense to me is to say instead “When you said such-and-such I had trouble believing you.”

But I am not telling ANYONE what to do here. I am giving some information only. Our God-given free will should do the rest.

Derf
November 17th, 2015, 10:06 PM
I would like to see the Christians in the forum be more salty than assaulty, personally. Seems like if we can't judge our own (1Cor 6:2-8), we have no business complaining about anything the world dishes up.
:angrymob:

glorydaz
November 17th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Calling someone a liar us far more serious that saying they lied.

In fact calling someone a liar when they are a child of God is a VERY serious offence punishable by hellfire.

LA

Even if the Liar was a child of God....which in this particular case I'm not buying, all my offenses have been forgiven. :wave:

glorydaz
November 17th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Of course I was talking to you!
You need to know, I think, that I have finally learned to put myself in neutral at certain times of day. It can easily hide my hypocrisy and hard feelings.

But darn it--not for long!

I already know you think you've learned to do what no one else has learned. I'm not surprised you claim to be a hypocrite, either. That comes from your trying to appear to be something you aren't. And, go ahead and call me "Sir" for your gender neutrality game....I'll just start calling you "Ma'am", and then we'll be on the same wave length. :thumb:

Actually, you never have admitted you're a man that I have seen. Would you like to do that now so I can start calling you Ma'am right away?

patrick jane
November 17th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Howdy to all my fellow Christian brothers and sisters !!!

glorydaz
November 17th, 2015, 10:26 PM
You can have a choice. And you can certainly imagine your own response to the situation.

Instead of “You’re a liar” what makes more sense to me is to say instead “When you said such-and-such I had trouble believing you.”

But I am not telling ANYONE what to do here. I am giving some information only. Our God-given free will should do the rest.

No thanks, Professor. I'll just stick to the old fashioned way of calling it like I see it. If I see someone lying over and over again and stretching every truth out of all proportion, I'll call them a liar.

patrick jane
November 17th, 2015, 10:36 PM
That's ok, I'm going to post the portions of my conversation with Ktoyou back on 9-19-15 that I printed for advice. I asked advice and opened up to her. At this time and for over a month I have been alluded to with comments about insanity, lying, faking and exaggerating. I'm an honest humble guy with nearly nothing. What am I lying about is never said, just that I'm deceitful and a liar and a poser.

The post I make will highlight the crux of our discussion, and i have medical records to prove everything I claim or have claimed. Enough is enough. I will make the post within 30 days.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 18th, 2015, 12:56 AM
I don't make the rules. If I did you wouldn't be here for calling people liars. Just because you disagree with a person's interpretation doesn't mean they are lying. Maybe you don't know the difference.

Well, I don't think you'll be making up any rules around here any day soon. So, don't get your hopes up pal.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 18th, 2015, 01:03 AM

That's from your "Belief system." We now live in the Dispensation
of Grace. You ought to seek out the truth that concerns you as a gentile?

You'll find that truth in Romans through Philemon. (Paul's writings.)

Grosnick Marowbe
November 18th, 2015, 01:07 AM
People need to grow up and stop calling people liars around here. Or is it too late?

Don't lie, and you won't have a problem.

intojoy
November 18th, 2015, 01:28 AM
Some times for me most of the times everyone is so dogmatic and prideful that teasing is more edifying i think.

We always hear people claim that Jesus fulfilled over three hundred prophecies at His first coming. But no one ever bothers to list them. I did. Not many cared.

That's why I started elder pipe's thread. So I could mock some of the ridiculous stuff that gets all the air time. Like osas and hyper Calvanism.

But if all were humble, self glory gaze, it might be boring.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 18th, 2015, 01:37 AM
Some times for me most of the times everyone is so dogmatic and prideful that teasing is more edifying i think.

We always hear people claim that Jesus fulfilled over three hundred prophecies at His first coming. But no one ever bothers to list them. I did. Not many cared.

That's why I started elder pipe's thread. So I could mock some of the ridiculous stuff that gets all the air time. Like osas and hyper Calvanism.

But if all were humble, self glory gaze, it might be boring.

Maybe if you stopped posting, things would work out better for you?
Give it a shot.

aikido7
November 18th, 2015, 01:49 AM
I already know you think you've learned to do what no one else has learned. I'm not surprised you claim to be a hypocrite, either. That comes from your trying to appear to be something you aren't. And, go ahead and call me "Sir" for your gender neutrality game....I'll just start calling you "Ma'am", and then we'll be on the same wave length. :thumb:

Actually, you never have admitted you're a man that I have seen. Would you like to do that now so I can start calling you Ma'am right away?I am actually a guy named "Linda" who works in a Chevron gas station outside of Lander, Wyoming. And I have a toe growing from my chest.

intojoy
November 18th, 2015, 02:11 AM
Maybe if you stopped posting, things would work out better for you?

Give it a shot.

Haha good one

Lazy afternoon
November 18th, 2015, 02:12 AM
That's from your "Belief system." We now live in the Dispensation
of Grace. You ought to seek out the truth that concerns you as a gentile?

You'll find that truth in Romans through Philemon. (Paul's writings.)

Mar 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Lazy afternoon
November 18th, 2015, 02:23 AM
Even if the Liar was a child of God....which in this particular case I'm not buying, all my offenses have been forgiven. :wave:

So you do believe you can do or say as you like and it will not affect your salvation.

You are ruled by your flesh.

You have not overcome.

Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

LA

exminister
November 18th, 2015, 04:12 AM
Well if you call someone a liar...

http://youtu.be/L9wjCuS__AU

bybee
November 18th, 2015, 05:49 AM
That's ok, I'm going to post the portions of my conversation with Ktoyou back on 9-19-15 that I printed for advice. I asked advice and opened up to her. At this time and for over a month I have been alluded to with comments about insanity, lying, faking and exaggerating. I'm an honest humble guy with nearly nothing. What am I lying about is never said, just that I'm deceitful and a liar and a poser.

The post I make will highlight the crux of our discussion, and i have medical records to prove everything I claim or have claimed. Enough is enough. I will make the post within 30 days.

I do not think it wise to divulge too much of one's private life. There are those who will pounce on the vulnerabilities of others with intent to be harmful.
It can get hot in the kitchen!

chrysostom
November 18th, 2015, 05:54 AM
I do not think it wise to divulge too much of one's private life.

this is so true

I am an old, white, conservative, caltholic, male
and
that is all you need to know

bybee
November 18th, 2015, 06:02 AM
this is so true

and

True, yet we do get to know each other, over time, through our posts.

chrysostom
November 18th, 2015, 06:06 AM
True, yet we do get to know each other, over time, through our posts.

oh yes
I drink beer and vote republican

ok doser
November 18th, 2015, 07:04 AM
oh yes

at the same time? :freak:

Eeset
November 18th, 2015, 07:29 AM
I do not think it wise to divulge too much of one's private life. There are those who will pounce on the vulnerabilities of others with intent to be harmful.
It can get hot in the kitchen!
And some pounce on any lifestyle they do not understand. :)

ok doser
November 18th, 2015, 08:37 AM
And some pounce on any lifestyle they do not understand. :)

and some deliberately distort and misrepresent what has been shared in honesty and openness

chrysostom
November 18th, 2015, 08:44 AM
at the same time? :freak:

lots of days I don't vote

chrysostom
November 18th, 2015, 08:46 AM
and some deliberately distort and misrepresent what has been shared in honesty and openness

so true

PureX
November 18th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Just because you disagree with a person's interpretation doesn't mean they are lying.It does when you can't differentiate between your own opinions and ideas on things, and reality itself.

There are a lot of people on TOL who are so obsessed with the idea of their own absolute righteousness that they cannot comprehend the idea that they might actually be wrong when they think they are right. Because for them, thinking they are right is equal to BEING right.

They cannot acknowledge the honesty or wisdom of doubting themselves. They think that doubting themselves is doubting God. Because their God is their own ideology. They have deified and idolized their own religious conceptions of God, and so cannot ever question or doubt those conceptions. Their righteousness must be absolute, and unquestioned. Because they think to question or doubt their conceptions of God, is to question and doubt God, Himself.

That's the sickness of obsessive self-righteousness. Of "identity religion". And it's a sickness that is poisoning many Christians, and many of the Christians that participate on TOL. It's also the sickness that turns many people away from Christianity, because they can see what the Christian can't: how that obsession with self-righteousness is closing their minds and hearts to the life and love and wisdom of their fellow humans.

ok doser
November 18th, 2015, 09:01 AM
It does when you can't differentiate between your own opinions and ideas on things, and reality itself.

There are a lot of people on TOL who are so obsessed with the idea of their own absolute righteousness blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablab lablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl ablablablablablablablablablablablablabla

dude - get a new routine

this old schtick is moldy

Quetzal
November 18th, 2015, 09:02 AM
It does when you can't differentiate between your own opinions and ideas on things, and reality itself.

There are a lot of people on TOL who are so obsessed with the idea of their own absolute righteousness that they cannot comprehend the idea that they might actually be wrong when they think they are right. Because for them, thinking they are right is equal to BEING right.

They cannot acknowledge the honesty or wisdom of doubting themselves. They think that doubting themselves is doubting God. Because their God is their own ideology. They have deified and idolized their own religious conceptions of God, and so cannot ever question or doubt those conceptions. Their righteousness must be absolute, and unquestioned. Because they think to question or doubt their conceptions of God, is to question and doubt God, Himself.

That's the sickness of obsessive self-righteousness. And it's a sickness that is poisoning many Christians, and many of the Christians that participate on TOL. It's also the sickness that turns many people away from Christianity, because they can see what the Christian can't: how that obsession with self-righteousness is closing their minds and hearts to the life and love and wisdom of their fellow humans.
Neil deGrasse Tyson agrees, and so do I.
http://i.imgur.com/I0AIAGo.png

bybee
November 18th, 2015, 09:32 AM
oh yes

Amen Brother! The next time I hoist a "Bud" I'll say a toast to our commonality!

bybee
November 18th, 2015, 09:33 AM

That's the sickness of obsessive self-righteousness. Of "identity religion". And it's a sickness that is poisoning many Christians, and many of the Christians that participate on TOL. It's also the sickness that turns many people away from Christianity, because they can see what the Christian can't: how that obsession with self-righteousness is closing their minds and hearts to the life and love and wisdom of their fellow humans.

Some food for thought here.

Totton Linnet
November 18th, 2015, 09:40 AM
this is so true

and

I NEVER would have known :o

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 12:00 PM
I am actually a guy named "Linda" who works in a Chevron gas station outside of Lander, Wyoming. And I have a toe growing from my chest.

Two toes or one?

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 12:04 PM
At this time and for over a month I have been alluded to with comments about insanity, lying, faking and exaggerating.

He pokes the hive and wonders why the bees fly. :think:

I'm sure we all wait with baited breath.

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 12:10 PM
So you do believe you can do or say as you like and it will not affect your salvation.

Absolutely.

AND unlike you, I have no desire to cut off someone's head.

Knight
November 18th, 2015, 12:13 PM
But the point remains...if the administrators don't take this place seriously, why should I?I agree that most people take this place place too seriously.

Some folks need to lighten up.

bybee
November 18th, 2015, 01:14 PM
He pokes the hive and wonders why the bees fly. :think:

I'm sure we all wait with baited breath.

You really are a hateful woman.

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 02:04 PM

Well, that right there shows you are lacking in discernment. Couple that with your opinion of the one who must go unnamed proves you have zero discernment.

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 02:21 PM
I agree that most people take this place place too seriously.

Some folks need to lighten up.

People should lighten up? People come here speaking about their soul beliefs, and get slandered and banned, all on this site, and they should lighten up?

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Well, that right there shows you are lacking in discernment. Couple that with your opinion of the one who must go unnamed proves you have zero discernment.

Hurts, don't it?

Tambora
November 18th, 2015, 02:59 PM
People should lighten up? Yep.

People come here speaking about their soul beliefs, and get slandered and banned, all on this site, and they should lighten up?Or leave.

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Yep.

Or leave.

Why don't you do what Knight said and lighten up?

Quetzal
November 18th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Yep.

Or leave.
Those are the options.

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Those are the options.

Is lighten up an option?

Quetzal
November 18th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Is lighten up an option?
If I had to place a guess, he was referring to a few of us who frequent different political topics. It is easy to get sucked in and things have the potential to get ugly. In that case, lightening up is a viable option.

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:12 PM
If I had to place a guess, he was referring to a few of us who frequent different political topics. It is easy to get sucked in and things have the potential to get ugly. In that case, lightening up is a viable option.

Is it from a lightened up spirit when one slanders another and bans them?

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Is a lighthearted way when one comes on and exposes their soul, and then has to get slandered and banned with a smile?

Quetzal
November 18th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Is it from a lightened up spirit when one slanders another and bans them?
If getting a temporary ban from this place is the worst thing that happens to me today, I am okay with that. It really isn't a huge deal.

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:15 PM
If getting a temporary ban from this place is the worst thing that happens to me today, I am okay with that. It really isn't a huge deal.

Shame on you.

Quetzal
Shame on you.
Really? Why?

Rusha
It is easy to get sucked in and things have the potential to get ugly. In that case, lightening up is a viable option.

Certain topics are just too heavy to debate casually or lightly. I would include abortion, child physical/sexual abuse, murder, domestic abuse ... and of course, rape.

The one thing these threads indicate clearly is that rape victims have justification to stay silent rather than testify against their rapist.

Quetzal
November 18th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Certain topics are just too heavy to debate casually or lightly. I would include abortion, child physical/sexual abuse, murder, domestic abuse ... and of course, rape.

The one thing these threads indicate clearly is that rape victims have justification to stay silent rather than testify against their rapist.
Fair enough.

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Really? Why?

Who should lighten up, the one writing from their heart, or the one slandering and banning?

Rusha
November 18th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Fair enough.

Not really ... because the motivation should be to prosecute and keep these predators from raping their next victim. It's hard enough for victims to relive the details of their attack. Add to that the legitimate fear that some members of society prefer to lay blame on the victim.

Quetzal
November 18th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Who should lighten up, the one writing from their heart, or the one slandering and banning?
Both. Look, and take this for what it's worth since it is my opinion, if you base your self-worth on what some of the members here think of you, you are doomed from the beginning.

Tambora
November 18th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Why don't you do what Knight said and lighten up?I do.
TOL is just an internet site where personalities and opinions conflict.
No one is required to have a high opinion of you, nor you them.

If someone thinks you are a retard, it's not the end of the world for you.
It's just their opinion.

Heck, if you were to tell a professional counselor that someone on an internet site slandered you; they would probably laugh you out of their office.

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:26 PM
I do.

It's just their opinion.

Heck, if you were to tell a professional counselor that someone on an internet site slandered you; they would probably laugh you out of their office.

That makes no sense.

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Both. Look, and take this for what it's worth since it is my opinion, if you base your self-worth on what some of the members here think of you, you are doomed from the beginning.

Why don't you lighten up? Tell me, who is speaking about self worth?

Now answer the question.

Who should lighten up, the person bearing their soul, or the one slandering and banning?

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Just answer the question.

Who are you trying to please?

Answer the plain question.

Quetzal
November 18th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Now answer the question.

Much like the United States, I also do not negotiate with terrorists. :chuckle:

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Much like the United States, I also do not negotiate with terrorists. :chuckle:Now I am a terrorist. A terrorist to evil.

Quetzal
November 18th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Now I am a terrorist. A terrorist to evil.
I was trying to make light of your rude demands. Well, see ya around. :wave2:

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:35 PM
I was trying to make light of your rude demands. Well, see ya around. :wave2:

You were attacking me, and I made light of it.

ok doser
November 18th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Is lighten up an option?

that's racist!

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Both.

No, a person writing from their heart should NOT lighten up.

You are promoting everyone to not write from the heart; and you think you are right how?

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:37 PM
that's racist!

Ha!
Which one is racist? The one who says to lighten up, or the one it is said to?

bybee
November 18th, 2015, 03:38 PM
People should lighten up? People come here speaking about their soul beliefs, and get slandered and banned, all on this site, and they should lighten up?

Have you been slandered?

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Have you been slandered?

Of course, I have.

What is your point in saying that. I am not the only one.

bybee
November 18th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Of course, I have.

What is your point in saying that. I am not the only one.

I asked a question.

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:43 PM
I asked a question.

...and you think that line of questioning is light?

I do not chose to be questioned by you in that tone.

You can either lighten up and move on, or you can ban me.

Quetzal
November 18th, 2015, 03:44 PM
:kookoo:

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:46 PM
:kookoo:

Slander is the result of not having any truth to defend yourself.

ok doser
November 18th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Ha!
Which one is racist? The one who says to lighten up, or the one it is said to?

the very fact that there exists a "lightness" is racist

and it must be confronted! :sibbie:

Quetzal
November 18th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Slander is the result of not having any truth to defend yourself.
Are you one of those people who got offended over the Starbucks holiday cup?

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:48 PM
the very fact that there exists a "lightness" is racist

and it must be confronted! :sibbie:

Who started this lighten up thing?

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Are you one of those people who got offended over the Starbucks holiday cup?

I guess they could lose millions over it, but it is funny?

ok doser
November 18th, 2015, 03:52 PM

Obama?

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Obama?

Was Obama here?

ok doser
November 18th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Obama is everywhere :noid:

http://www.bsideblog.com/images/2008/05/obamario.jpg

bybee
November 18th, 2015, 04:03 PM

Knight....

whitestone
November 18th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Wouldn't it just be really neat if all at once we all decided to take a pact and embrace our differences?,,

Then what? ,,we should I think take it to heart to see each other as we see our own family,like we see our own children,whether they become astray, or amiss at times,yet forever loved and never cast away,at the end when there is no where else to go we can always come home.

I wish I could say it and it was so that we never differed,But I cannot. I would that I could say that here is the prize,but who would believe it? In the end whosoever is in the same household and of the same heart, will have resolved all of the differences,,,

patrick jane
November 18th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Wouldn't it just be really neat if all at once we all decided to take a pact and embrace our differences?,,

Then what? ,,we should I think take it to heart to see each other as we see our own family,like we see our own children,whether they become astray, or amiss at times,yet forever loved and never cast away,at the end when there is no where else to go we can always come home.

I wish I could say it and it was so that we never differed,But I cannot. I would that I could say that here is the prize,but who would believe it? In the end whosoever is in the same household and of the same heart, will have resolved all of the differences,,,

good post

patrick jane
November 18th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Obama is everywhere :noid:

http://www.bsideblog.com/images/2008/05/obamario.jpg

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 04:56 PM
I do.

It's just their opinion.

:first:

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 05:04 PM

Hurts, don't it?

You're kidding right? No, God's untruth, it doesn't hurt at all. I kinda feel sorry for Bybee that she has let herself come unglued, but I certainly am feeling no pain over what Bybee thinks of me or says about me. It's simply her problem not mine.

ok doser
November 18th, 2015, 05:06 PM
You're kidding right? No, God's untruth, it doesn't hurt at all. I kinda feel sorry for Bybee that she has let herself come unglued, but I certainly am feeling no pain over what Bybee thinks of me or says about me. It's simply her problem not mine.

knight should make sure he keeps one of these on hand:

http://di5cp8ixdolg4.cloudfront.net/images/products/01941b.jpg

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 05:12 PM

Who are you trying to please?

Yippie...another tantrum coming on. Get out your shoe and start banging it on your computer. Maybe we'll be spared your hurt feelings.

bybee
November 18th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Yippie...another tantrum coming on. Get out your shoe and start banging it on your computer. Maybe we'll be spared your hurt feelings.

You are not obligated to witness another's hurt feelings. Put them on ignore. Are hurt feelings too much for you to handle?

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 06:15 PM
You are not obligated to witness another's hurt feelings. Put them on ignore. Are hurt feelings too much for you to handle?

You sure to like to jump to conclusions....silly ones at that. Nope, I'm quite used to handing bleeding hearts. (I live in the heart of liberal land.) Their feelings are always getting hurt. In the same way, I can handle whining babies without one bit of a problem.

You are not obligated to read my posts if they get your dander up so badly. Why don't you practice what you preach and put me on ignore? :chew:

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Besides, GT asked me if it hurt. I answered.

I don't recall I addressed you, Bybee. Seems like it would have been easy to ignore a post that wasn't even addressed to you. :think:

bybee
November 18th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Besides, GT asked me if it hurt. I answered.

I don't recall I addressed you, Bybee. Seems like it would have been easy to ignore a post that wasn't even addressed to you. :think:

t is an open forum. You might consider that you may feel free to tell others what to do and what not to do but we are under no obligation to oblige you.

bybee
November 18th, 2015, 06:26 PM
You sure to like to jump to conclusions....silly ones at that. Nope, I'm quite used to handing bleeding hearts. (I live in the heart of liberal land.) Their feelings are always getting hurt. In the same way, I can handle whining babies without one bit of a problem.

You are not obligated to read my posts if they get your dander up so badly. Why don't you practice what you preach and put me on ignore? :chew:

I am fortunate to have low blood pressure. I do not put anyone on ignore. But, it is a good tool for some folks.

ok doser
November 18th, 2015, 06:27 PM
just wanted to join the conversation :)

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/369601/resized_idon-tcare-meme-generator-i-don-t-care-i-do-what-i-want-anyway-13003d.jpg

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 06:54 PM
t is an open forum. You might consider that you may feel free to tell others what to do and what not to do but we are under no obligation to oblige you.

I never thought for one minute you were....or anyone else for that matter. I'm not even sure where you came up with such an idea.
I'm not here to be obliged. I'm simply here to post my opinions like everyone else does. For some reason, you've taken an extreme dislike of me. I'm thinking it's because I don't like who you like, and I agree with someone you don't.

And, yes, I understand you don't care what I think or what I would like, but I'm saying it because there might be some readers here who are not quite as biased as you appear to be.

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 07:04 PM
I am fortunate to have low blood pressure. I do not put anyone on ignore. But, it is a good tool for some folks.

I'm fortunate, too. Since my mother passed away (and, no, I didn't have anything to do with her passing), my blood pressure is very low. I tried ignoring fools, but fools they remain, so it's not a tool I choose to use.

intojoy
November 18th, 2015, 07:19 PM

Because we love you...get help

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 07:21 PM

Don't lie. I hate hypocrites.

intojoy
November 18th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Don't lie. I hate hypocrites.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/18/bb39cd17776918850fc8434c081c77ca.jpg

bybee
November 18th, 2015, 07:28 PM

Well ya!:duh:

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Well ya!:duh:

Cool, you and Intoself are on the same page. No surprise there. Ya gotta love predictable people. "Whoever is against you is suddenly my friend". :chuckle:

bybee
November 18th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Cool, you and Intoself are on the same page. No surprise there. Ya gotta love predictable people. "Whoever is against you is suddenly my friend". :chuckle:

Oh we go way back....:luigi:

CherubRam
November 18th, 2015, 08:50 PM
TOL rule:You do not have the right to NOT be offended on these forums. We have a diverse group of members and we do not control the things they post (within reason) including things that might offend you.
In regards to my threads.
Are we allowed to discuss all points of view of biblical theology?

intojoy
November 18th, 2015, 08:53 PM

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/18/f522b1c07eef3536c29bb5cb663721b8.jpg

God's Truth
November 18th, 2015, 09:05 PM

At least she got it right about you. In my humble opinion.

False Prophet
November 18th, 2015, 09:19 PM
I thought that this was a free for all. :blabla:

patrick jane
November 18th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Looks like I have some new good friends

Quincy
November 18th, 2015, 09:30 PM
I thought that this was a free for all. :blabla:

What? Internet person, please. This isn't Halo. :wazzup:

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 09:37 PM
At least she got it right about you. In my humble opinion.

Since you're far from humble, I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt. ....like everything else you say. Be gone. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-party-smileys-243.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)

Angel4Truth
November 18th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Since you're far from humble, I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt. ....like everything else you say. Be gone. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-party-smileys-243.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)

Ignore works wonders for that one, ive had her there going on 2 years now.

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Ignore works wonders for that one, ive had her there going on 2 years now.

Yeah, each time she comes back I see if she's changed. She hasn't.

Lazy afternoon
November 18th, 2015, 11:27 PM
Absolutely.

AND unlike you, I have no desire to cut off someone's head.

I do not desire to cut off anyones head.

However the spears you throw will enter your own heart.

LA

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 11:35 PM

LA

My my....so dramatic. Here, this should help. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-fighting-smileys-582.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

Grosnick Marowbe
November 19th, 2015, 12:23 AM

LA

You've predicted a number of times, that I was to
be beheaded. Now, you threaten another poster
with spears? You also told another poster that
they'd be burned up. You are some kind of
Nostradamus huh?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 19th, 2015, 12:24 AM
My my....so dramatic. Here, this should help. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-fighting-smileys-582.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

LA also threatened another poster with spears as well.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 19th, 2015, 12:25 AM
LA loves to predict deaths.

Lazy afternoon
November 19th, 2015, 01:26 AM
LA loves to predict deaths.

Another liar who does not know Jesus Christ or believe His Fathers words.

Psa 11:2 For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.
Psa 11:3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
Psa 11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
Psa 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
Psa 11:6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
Psa 11:7 For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

Tit 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
Tit 2:2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
Tit 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
Tit 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Tit 2:5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Tit 2:6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
Tit 2:7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
Tit 2:8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

LA

SaulToPaul
November 19th, 2015, 08:45 AM

LA the great judge pronounces another TOLer anathema.
Another day, another dollar.

God's Truth
November 19th, 2015, 11:04 AM

Like magic; how appropriate.

aikido7
November 19th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Two toes or one?”toe.”

Singular.

Angel4Truth
November 19th, 2015, 03:52 PM
be beheaded. Now, you threaten another poster
with spears? You also told another poster that
they'd be burned up. You are some kind of
Nostradamus huh?

yeah, ive gotten both the spears into my heart threat and the being burned up ones.

ok doser
November 19th, 2015, 03:53 PM
be beheaded.

well, don't keep us waiting

did you get beheaded?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 20th, 2015, 12:12 AM

Psa 11:2 For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.
Psa 11:3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
Psa 11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
Psa 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
Psa 11:6 Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
Psa 11:7 For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness; his countenance doth behold the upright.

Tit 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
Tit 2:2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
Tit 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
Tit 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Tit 2:5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Tit 2:6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
Tit 2:7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
Tit 2:8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

LA

You really ought to seek some professional help. You're slowly metamorphosing into Nostradamus. That's not a good sign.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 20th, 2015, 12:13 AM
well, don't keep us waiting

did you get beheaded?

Well, I'm still able to shave. So, probably not?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 20th, 2015, 12:17 AM
LA is hoping that someday soon my head will be no longer sitting
upon my shoulder.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 20th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Every time I go to the barber and tell him to take a little off the top, I first
look around to see if LA is in the vicinity.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 20th, 2015, 12:21 AM
LA watches way too many violent movies.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 20th, 2015, 12:21 AM
She's been predicting my beheading for a couple of years now.

steko
November 20th, 2015, 12:24 AM
You really ought to seek some professional help. You're slowly metamorphosing into Nostradamus. That's not a good sign.

Ooh! I'm scared of Monsterdamus! :noid:

Grosnick Marowbe
November 20th, 2015, 12:25 AM
Ooh! I'm scared of Monsterdamus! :noid:

I don't blame ya.

Lazy afternoon
November 20th, 2015, 12:26 AM

Its better than hiding behind a Goliath and a bag of wind like yourself.

1Sa 17:23 And as he talked with them, behold, there came up the champion, the Philistine of Gath, Goliath by name, (John W) out of the armies of the Philistines, and spake according to the same words: and David heard them.
1Sa 17:24 And all the men of Israel, when they saw the man, fled from him, and were sore afraid.
1Sa 17:25 And the men of Israel said, Have ye seen this man that is come up? surely to defy Israel is he come up: and it shall be, that the man who killeth him, the king will enrich him with great riches, and will give him his daughter, and make his father's house free in Israel.
1Sa 17:26 And David spake to the men that stood by him, saying, What shall be done to the man that killeth this Philistine, and taketh away the reproach from Israel? for who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?
1Sa 17:27 And the people answered him after this manner, saying, So shall it be done to the man that killeth him.
1Sa 17:28 And Eliab his eldest brother (Saul to Paul) heard when he spake unto the men; and Eliab's anger was kindled against David, and he said, Why camest thou down hither? and with whom hast thou left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know thy pride, and the naughtiness of thine heart; for thou art come down that thou mightest see the battle.
1Sa 17:29 And David said, What have I now done? Is there not a cause?
1Sa 17:30 And he turned from him toward another, and spake after the same manner: and the people answered him again after the former manner. (Musterion, Angel for some truth, heir, wrong divider, Grosnick)
1Sa 17:31 And when the words were heard which David spake, they rehearsed them before Saul: and he sent for him.
1Sa 17:32 And David said to Saul, Let no man's heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine.
1Sa 17:33 And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.
1Sa 17:34 And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:
1Sa 17:35 And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.
1Sa 17:36 Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.
1Sa 17:37 David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.
1Sa 17:38 And Saul armed David with his armour, and he put an helmet of brass upon his head; also he armed him with a coat of mail.
1Sa 17:39 And David girded his sword upon his armour, and he assayed to go; for he had not proved it. (Mr.Religions armour) And David said unto Saul, I cannot go with these; for I have not proved them. And David put them off him.
1Sa 17:40 And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him five smooth stones out of the brook, and put them in a shepherd's bag which he had, even in a scrip; and his sling was in his hand: and he drew near to the Philistine.
1Sa 17:41 And the Philistine came on and drew near unto David; and the man that bare the shield went before him.
1Sa 17:42 And when the Philistine looked about, and saw David, he disdained him: for he was but a youth, and ruddy, and of a fair countenance.
1Sa 17:43 And the Philistine said unto David, Am I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves? And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. ( the bad language of John W who is loved by Tamora and Gory daze.)1Sa 17:44 And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.
1Sa 17:45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
1Sa 17:46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
1Sa 17:47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands.
1Sa 17:48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.
1Sa 17:49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
1Sa 17:50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
1Sa 17:51 Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.
(all cowards)

1Sa 17:52 And the men of Israel and of Judah arose, and shouted, and pursued the Philistines, until thou come to the valley, and to the gates of Ekron. And the wounded of the Philistines fell down by the way to Shaaraim, even unto Gath, and unto Ekron.
1Sa 17:53 And the children of Israel returned from chasing after the Philistines, and they spoiled their tents.

(Nothing of worth was found)

LA

Grosnick Marowbe
November 20th, 2015, 12:28 AM
LA, keep making predictions against your fellow posters. Maybe, by coincidence
you'll get one right some day?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 20th, 2015, 12:31 AM
Angel4Truth has been a victim of LAs predictions as well. And, one or
two others. They NEVER come to fruition though. However, it makes
her happy and helps her to feel relevant.

bybee
November 20th, 2015, 06:02 AM
Angel4Truth has been a victim of LAs predictions as well. And, one or
two others. They NEVER come to fruition though. However, it makes
her happy and helps her to feel relevant.

Predictions are easy to make. But relevance? That is another matter.

bybee
November 20th, 2015, 06:05 AM
I would agree that we must choose our Champions carefully!
When I voted for John Kennedy I felt I had chosen wisely.
When I DID NOT vote for Barak Obama I knew I had made the right decision.
JFK was a champion and BHO has proven to be a nemesis.

Truster
November 20th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Ad hominem is the refuge of the ignorant. The result of which Stephen discovered, the prophets suffered and the Messiah came to know, but turned the hatred into peace for His own. ''Blessed are ye when......''

SaulToPaul
November 20th, 2015, 07:36 AM
(Nothing of worth was found)

LA

Typical post then, for LA the Great Judge of All Mankind, and Spiritual Guru to All TOLers.

ok doser
November 20th, 2015, 07:38 AM
watch out for them spears!

Duck!

PureX
November 20th, 2015, 08:05 AM
I would agree that we must choose our Champions carefully!
When I voted for John Kennedy I felt I had chosen wisely.
When I DID NOT vote for Barak Obama I knew I had made the right decision.
JFK was a champion and BHO has proven to be a nemesis.Actually, he has not. He hasn't proven to be a solution to our major problem (the compete perversion of government by a moneyed elite), but he has not proven to be a "nemesis", either. But you have bought into the insanity of "conservative media" and so you no longer have any sense of what's really going on.

bybee
November 20th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Actually, he has not. He hasn't proven to be a solution to our major problem (the compete perversion of government by a moneyed elite), but he has not proven to be a "nemesis", either. But you have bought into the insanity of "conservative media" and so you no longer have any sense of what's really going on.

Thank you Doctor Delirious!
The Obamas are among the "moneyed elite" whom you so desperately abhor!
Do you ever take a look at what you have bought into?

PureX
November 20th, 2015, 08:35 AM
The Obamas are among the "moneyed elite" whom you so desperately abhor!No, they are not. They are only worth a few million, which is peanuts to the real moneyed elite, and they do not spend any of it on buying elections or politicians or legislation. Why would they need to?

Do you ever take a look at what you have bought into?PLEASE stop watching conservative propaganda media! It's making you really stupid. The above comment would be obvious to anyone who took even a moment to THINK, before they accused the Obamas of being oligarchs. They aren't even remotely rich enough for that, and they already have as much influence as any citizen can possible have, AS PRESIDENT AND FIRST LADY!

C'mon, bybee! USE YOUR BRAIN for cryin' out loud!

ok doser
November 20th, 2015, 08:37 AM
No, they are not. They are only worth a few million

12.2 million for bammy alone

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/politician/president/barack-obama-net-worth/

quip
November 20th, 2015, 09:37 AM
12.2 million for bammy alone

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/politician/president/barack-obama-net-worth/

meh...wouldn't waste one lottery buck on such an anemic jackpot! :chuckle:

Greg Jennings
November 20th, 2015, 01:48 PM

I wouldn't say that I see it as a knock on Christianity. I see it as hypocritical behavior by those who claim to follow Jesus teachings