PDA

View Full Version : Religions Subversive Use of the Bible

Robert Pate
November 7th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Christians are the only ones that take the Bible seriously and believe that... "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" 2 Timothy 3:15, 16.

All of the other religions dabble in the Bible. Pulling out a scripture here and scripture there, to try and prove their doctrine and then to make matters worse many of these religions have writtings other than the Bible.

Catholic: The Council of Trent and the Catechism.
Mormon: The Book of Mormon.
Calvinism: The Canons of Dort.
Muslim: The Koran.
Judaism: The Torah

The reason that they have other writtings is because there is a conflict between their religion and what the Bible says, so they change it. The whole idea is to discredit the word of God and to make it of no effect. In the last 50 years there have been numerous versions of the Bible. They all do the same thing, they all make the word of God of no effect. I can remember when there was only one version of the Bible, the KJV. Now, there are dozens of versions.

The KJV is the most accurate revelation of Jesus Christ and his Gospel. The reason that many go for these other versions of the Bible is because they claim that they are easy to understand. They may be easy to understand, but like the other writings of religion they are not accurate.

The Bible was written by Christians for Christians. It is interpreted by the Holy Spirit. If one is not a Christian and does not have the Holy Spirit the Bible will not make sense, this is why religion has other writings than the Bible. This is also why there is conflict between the unsaved religious and the saved Christian when it comes to interpreting the word of God.

chrysostom
November 7th, 2015, 09:10 AM
religion is a good thing
it gave us the bible
it gives us a place to gather in His name
it preserves truth that has withstood the test of time
it keeps us from being led astray by false teachers

Robert Pate
November 7th, 2015, 09:19 AM
religion is a good thing
it gave us the bible
it gives us a place to gather in His name
it preserves truth that has withstood the test of time
it keeps us from being led astray by false teachers

God gave us the Bible.
The early church met in each others homes
Religion corrupts the Gospel.
Religion is basically anti-Christ.

chrysostom
November 7th, 2015, 09:26 AM
the bible has given you 30 thousand denominations

Cruciform
November 7th, 2015, 10:10 AM
All of the other religions dabble in the Bible. Pulling out a scripture here and scripture there, to try and prove their doctrine...
You can go ahead and just apply that to your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, as well as to all of the myriad man-made sects of Protestantism. Looks like Pate-ism itself is "subversive of the Bible." :think:

"Apostolic Tradition in Scripture & Early Church History" (http://scripturecatholic.com/oral_tradition.html)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform
November 7th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Specifically, the Bible ALONE, as interpreted by the individual. :up:

Robert Pate
November 7th, 2015, 03:51 PM
You can go ahead and just apply that to your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, as well as to all of the myriad man-made sects of Protestantism. Looks like Pate-ism itself is "subversive of the Bible." :think:

"Apostolic Tradition in Scripture & Early Church History" (http://scripturecatholic.com/oral_tradition.html)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

There is NOTHING in the Bible about a church in Rome.

They may not bother you, but it should.

There is NOTHING in the Bible about Peter going to Rome to establish a church there.

The Catholic church came out of pagan Rome. Many of the practices and beliefs of the Catholic church are still pagan.

beloved57
November 7th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Christians are the only ones that take the Bible seriously and believe that... "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" 2 Timothy 3:15, 16.

All of the other religions dabble in the Bible. Pulling out a scripture here and scripture there, to try and prove their doctrine and then to make matters worse many of these religions have writtings other than the Bible.

The reason that they have other writtings is because there is a conflict between their religion and what the Bible says, so they change it. The whole idea is to discredit the word of God and to make it of no effect. In the last 50 years there have been numerous versions of the Bible. They all do the same thing, they all make the word of God of no effect. I can remember when there was only one version of the Bible, the KJV. Now, there are dozens of versions.

The KJV is the most accurate revelation of Jesus Christ and his Gospel. The reason that many go for these other versions of the Bible is because they claim that they are easy to understand. They may be easy to understand, but like the other writings of religion they are not accurate.

The Bible was written by Christians for Christians. It is interpreted by the Holy Spirit. If one is not a Christian and does not have the Holy Spirit the Bible will not make sense, this is why religion has other writings than the Bible. This is also why there is conflict between the unsaved religious and the saved Christian when it comes to interpreting the word of God.

Its a shame you dont believe the Bible ! However its Gods Will for you !

Robert Pate
November 7th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Its a shame you dont believe the Bible ! However its Gods Will for you !

So you believe that it is God's will if someone doesn't believe the Bible?

You have a strange God.

daqq
November 7th, 2015, 05:53 PM

:rotfl:

Are you sure you do not mean Talmud?
It is already clear that you never open up the Torah! :crackup:

aikido7
November 7th, 2015, 05:58 PM

The Bible was written by Christians for Christians. It is interpreted by the Holy Spirit. If one is not a Christian and does not have the Holy Spirit the Bible will not make sense, this is why religion has other writings than the Bible. This is also why there is conflict between the unsaved religious and the saved Christian when it comes to interpreting the word of God.Jesus’s parabolic teaching was (and is!) subversive.

The conventional wisdom of the Proverbs (sayings that all religions have in one form or another) was totally dislocated and overturned by Jesus.

The very phrase “Kingdom of God” was used because the divine came from God himself, not from Caesar on the throne.

God is King and Caesar AIN’T!

That is part of what got Jesus killed.

aikido7
November 7th, 2015, 06:02 PM
There is NOTHING in the Bible about a church in Rome.

They may not bother you, but it should.

There is NOTHING in the Bible about Peter going to Rome to establish a church there.

The Catholic church came out of pagan Rome. Many of the practices and beliefs of the Catholic church are still pagan.Nothing about Internet access, either.

CherubRam
November 7th, 2015, 06:02 PM

Quote: Judaism: The Torah
Quote: The Bible was written by Christians for Christians.
Ding Dong, Ding Dong. What is wrong with this picture?

Cruciform
November 7th, 2015, 06:48 PM
There is NOTHING in the Bible about a church in Rome.They may not bother you, but it should.There is NOTHING in the Bible about Peter going to Rome to establish a church there.The Catholic church came out of pagan Rome. Many of the practices and beliefs of the Catholic church are still pagan.
Every single one of your hackneyed anti-Catholic claims here has long-since been straightforwardly refuted on this forum. Your continuing willful ignorance, however, is noted.

Back to Post #5 above, which stands exactly as given.

Bradley D
November 7th, 2015, 09:36 PM
True Religion is this.

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world" (James 1:27).

The main definition of religion in Greek is worship. It is not the Church worship services that determines a Christian's belief, but his actions. It is a Christian's life that determines his true religion.

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also" (James 2:26).

I have found that in my word studies that the KJV is quite accurate. I am now reading "The Nelson Study Bible" (NKJV). I use my old KJV to look up references. I use "Vines" dictionary of Hebrew and Greek in my Strong's Concordance and the TDNT. I have found the KJV to be quite accurate in its translation.

As for other writings. Commentaries, prayer books, etc. are useful. But they are not scripture. If they contradict scripture they are wrong. That is why it is important for a Christian to know/read the Bible. So they will know if a writing or preaching is true or not.

patrick jane
November 7th, 2015, 10:47 PM
True Religion is this.

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world" (James 1:27).

The main definition of religion in Greek is worship. It is not the Church worship services that determines a Christian's belief, but his actions. It is a Christian's life that determines his true religion.

"For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also" (James 2:26).

I have found that in my word studies that the KJV is quite accurate. I am now reading "The Nelson Study Bible" (NKJV). I use my old KJV to look up references. I use "Vines" dictionary of Hebrew and Greek in my Strong's Concordance and the TDNT. I have found the KJV to be quite accurate in its translation.

As for other writings. Commentaries, prayer books, etc. are useful. But they are not scripture. If they contradict scripture they are wrong. That is why it is important for a Christian to know/read the Bible. So they will know if a writing or preaching is true or not.

I agree, excellent post !

Robert Pate
November 8th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Quote: Judaism: The Torah
Quote: The Bible was written by Christians for Christians.
Ding Dong, Ding Dong. What is wrong with this picture?

The apostles and the early Christians did not practice Judaism.

Robert Pate
November 8th, 2015, 09:31 AM
True Religion is this.

The Christian is motivated by the Holy Spirit, not religion.

Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituallity.

Paul refered to his life as a Pharisee as religion, Acts 26:5.

beloved57
November 8th, 2015, 05:03 PM

If you had the Holy Spirit you would believe the Gospel, but you do not believe it!

Robert Pate
November 8th, 2015, 07:54 PM
If you had the Holy Spirit you would believe the Gospel, but you do not believe it!

No one on this Forum except for Nanja believes your phony Gospel.

beloved57
November 8th, 2015, 07:59 PM
No one on this Forum except for Nanja believes your phony Gospel.

Like I said, if you had the Holy Spirit you would believe the Gospel, but you don't believe the Gospel!

Robert Pate
November 8th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Like I said, if you had the Holy Spirit you would believe the Gospel, but you don't believe the Gospel!

If I was the only one on this Forum that believes your Gospel I would be very concerned.

beloved57
November 8th, 2015, 08:03 PM
If I was the only one on this Forum that believes your Gospel I would be very concerned.

All that doesn't matter, you do not believe the Gospel!

aikido7
November 8th, 2015, 08:05 PM
So-called Christians should stop worshiping Christ and need to start following Jesus.

Robert Pate
November 8th, 2015, 08:10 PM
So-called Christians should stop worshiping Christ and need to start following Jesus.

They are the same according to my Bible.

Robert Pate
November 8th, 2015, 08:12 PM

It does matter. This is what makes you a heretic.

Your doctrine is way outside main stream Christianity.

brewmama
November 8th, 2015, 08:29 PM

:dizzy:

Robert Pate
November 8th, 2015, 08:31 PM
:dizzy:

I hope they can explain that one.

aikido7
November 8th, 2015, 08:39 PM
:dizzy:To qualify as a Christian today, one is required to give their assent to a list of ancient, first-century formulations of theology.

Belief in Jesus AS Son of God, born of a virgin, Savior of the World, Messiah, etc. is given much more importance than actually following his parabolic teachings of the Kingdom of God.

Such “belief-based” qualities are no longer compelling in today’s world.
“Action-based” Christianity is virtually ignored by today’s believers.

brewmama
November 8th, 2015, 08:41 PM
To qualify as a Christian today, one is required to give their assent to a list of ancient, first-century formulations of theology.

Belief in Jesus AS Son of God, born of a virgin, Savior of the World, Messiah, etc. is given much more importance than actually following his parabolic teachings of the Kingdom of God.

Such “belief-based” qualities are no longer compelling in today’s world.
“Action-based” Christianity is virtually ignored by today’s believers.

You really don't know much about Christianity do you?

aikido7
November 8th, 2015, 08:42 PM
They are the same according to my Bible.When was the last time you took “love your enemies” seriously?

What have you done for the poor? Have you given to “everyone who begs of you”?

Have you “given all” to the poor?

Have you been accountable to the narrow tribalism of your own earthly family?

Have you stood fast against the powers and principalities of the American Empire?

Have you refrained from judging your brothers and sisters?

Bradley D
November 8th, 2015, 11:53 PM

So James' Epistle is wrong?

beloved57
November 9th, 2015, 01:43 AM
It does matter. This is what makes you a heretic.

Your doctrine is way outside main stream Christianity.

Say what you will, you dont believe the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ!

Robert Pate
November 9th, 2015, 08:32 AM
When was the last time you took “love your enemies” seriously?

What have you done for the poor? Have you given to “everyone who begs of you”?

Have you “given all” to the poor?

Have you been accountable to the narrow tribalism of your own earthly family?

Have you stood fast against the powers and principalities of the American Empire?

Have you refrained from judging your brothers and sisters?

Are you my judge?

If you are, there is something in your eye that is as big as a telephone pole.

Robert Pate
November 9th, 2015, 08:45 AM
So James' Epistle is wrong?

James was a Judaizer.

a Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that one must keep the law of Moses.

Scripture, Galatians 2:12-14.

James was the head of the church in Jerusalem.

Acts 15:1-21.

Read it for yourself and make your own conclusion.

James is one of the first books of the New Testament. There were many that could not believe that they were no longer required to live according to the law of Moses. This is why Paul taught that the "JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" and not according to the law of Moses.

beloved57
November 9th, 2015, 08:50 AM
James was a Judaizer.

a Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that one must keep the law of Moses.

James is one of the first books of the New Testament. There were many that could not believe that they were no longer required to live according to the law of Moses. This is why Paul taught that the "JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" and not according to the law of Moses.

False accusation against an Apostle !

Robert Pate
November 9th, 2015, 09:03 AM
False accusation against an Apostle !

The Bible is an honest and truthful book.

It does not hide the sins and the mistakes of God's people.

beloved57
November 9th, 2015, 01:17 PM
The Bible is an honest and truthful book.

It does not hide the sins and the mistakes of God's people.

Who said the scripture wasn't a truthful book ? You made the false accusation against the Apostle James, not the scripture ! In fact, you dont believe the scripture, not even the Gospel !

Bright Raven
November 9th, 2015, 01:33 PM

This is a silly post. :chuckle:

Ben Masada
November 9th, 2015, 01:44 PM
This happened when the Fathers of the Church plagiarized the prophecies in the Tanach to enhance the credibility of the NT. In fact, it has become the practice of the day to this day.

bybee
November 9th, 2015, 02:00 PM
This happened when the Fathers of the Church plagiarized the prophecies in the Tanach to enhance the credibility of the NT. In fact, it has become the practice of the day to this day.

That is one way of looking at it...

SaulToPaul
November 9th, 2015, 02:29 PM

:chuckle:

Your church and all of the protestant churches were borne out of not following Paul, but Peter.

Ben Masada
November 9th, 2015, 02:34 PM
That is one way of looking at it...

Yes, there are many ways according to preconceived notions.

bybee
November 9th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Yes, there are many ways according to preconceived notions.

And, every now and then, a light bulb goes off and a totally new vision occurs.

Ben Masada
November 9th, 2015, 02:57 PM

That's interesting Aikido, I am also of the same opinion that "Christ" has more to do with Paul than with Jesus. Why? Because Paul was the one who anointed Jesus with being "Christ". BTW, he revealed that secret of his to his disciple Timothy in II Tim. 2:8 when he said that it was according to his own gospel - Paul's gospel, that is - that Jesus was from the lineage of David.

brewmama
November 9th, 2015, 03:15 PM

Your church and all of the protestant churches were borne out of not following Paul, but Peter.

?? In general most Orthodox churches named after those saints are called Sts. Peter AND Paul, in general since they were both martyred in Rome. You have a weird idea of splitting them up.

SaulToPaul
November 9th, 2015, 03:16 PM
?? In general most Orthodox churches named after those saints are called Sts. Peter AND Paul, in general since they were both martyred in Rome. You have a weird idea of splitting them up.

In doctrine, they put Peter first.

Robert Pate
November 9th, 2015, 05:40 PM
That's interesting Aikido, I am also of the same opinion that "Christ" has more to do with Paul than with Jesus. Why? Because Paul was the one who anointed Jesus with being "Christ". BTW, he revealed that secret of his to his disciple Timothy in II Tim. 2:8 when he said that it was according to his own gospel - Paul's gospel, that is - that Jesus was from the lineage of David.

Paul received the Gospel directly from Jesus Christ, it was the same Gospel that Peter preached on the day of Pentecost, but with much more detail, Galatians 1:11, 12.

Why is it that you cannot believe your Jewish brothers?

brewmama
November 9th, 2015, 06:02 PM
In doctrine, they put Peter first.

They don't differ.

chrysostom
November 9th, 2015, 06:04 PM

paul people think peter went to babylon

brewmama
November 9th, 2015, 06:06 PM
paul people think peter went to babylon

Well, he certainly went to Antioch, where they were first called Christians, and was the first Bishop there.

Bradley D
November 10th, 2015, 12:10 AM
James was a Judaizer.

I believe Paul was making a point that "works" will not earn you a place in heaven. I Believe James is telling us that if we have "faith" it will show in our lives by our actions. James was included in the NT for a reason. I regard James Epistle as scripture and always will.

Robert Pate
November 10th, 2015, 09:07 AM
I believe Paul was making a point that "works" will not earn you a place in heaven. I Believe James is telling us that if we have "faith" it will show in our lives by our actions. James was included in the NT for a reason. I regard James Epistle as scripture and always will.

I do too.

But it is teaching us something about James that was a problem in the early church.

James was out of order when he wanted to circumsize Gentile Christians.

He was also out of order when he sent men to spy on Peter and Barnabas to see if they were eating with Gentiles.

Like I said before, the Bible is an honest book it does not hide the sins and the mistakes of God's people.

SaulToPaul
November 10th, 2015, 09:14 AM
They don't differ.

Sure they do.

JonahofAkron
November 10th, 2015, 11:24 PM
James was a Judaizer.

1. You didn't answer his question. Do we ignore the book of James?

2. You misunderstand what a Judaizer is.

3. Paul still claimed with his words and actions that he lived a Jewish lifestyle and never contradicted the Law.

aikido7
November 10th, 2015, 11:30 PM
Are you my judge?

If you are, there is something in your eye that is as big as a telephone pole.You seem to be judging yourself. I merely asked a series of questions. You judged yourself, Robert, and then tried to project your own inner consternation onto me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

”Friend, who made ME a judge?”
--Luke 12:14

Well, Christianity did.

aikido7
November 10th, 2015, 11:35 PM
That is one way of looking at it...Since Jesus was alive centuries after the Hebrew Bible, it is only common sense to realize Matthew’s agenda was to double down on the Jews who did not accept Jesus.

Bradley D
November 11th, 2015, 12:25 AM
I do too.

But it is teaching us something about James that was a problem in the early church.

James was out of order when he wanted to circumsize Gentile Christians.

He was also out of order when he sent men to spy on Peter and Barnabas to see if they were eating with Gentiles.

Like I said before, the Bible is an honest book it does not hide the sins and the mistakes of God's people.

I was Peter and James in Acts 15 who announced that circumcision was not required of the Gentiles. James made the following restrictions for the Gentiles.

“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood" (Acts 15:19-20).

Robert Pate
November 11th, 2015, 08:17 AM
I was Peter and James in Acts 15 who announced that circumcision was not required of the Gentiles. James made the following restrictions for the Gentiles.

“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood" (Acts 15:19-20).

James was trying to repent, Acts 15:19.

But then in Acts 15:20, 21. He lays the law on them again.

We have to keep in mind that the Jewish apostles were not exactly thrilled that the Gospel had gone to the Gentiles.

I am sure that at a later date James came into the full understanding of justification by faith alone, apart from the works of the law.

beloved57
November 11th, 2015, 08:33 AM
James was trying to repent, Acts 15:19.

But then in Acts 15:20, 21. He lays the law on them again.

We have to keep in mind that the Jewish apostles were not exactly thrilled that the Gospel had gone to the Gentiles.

I am sure that at a later date James came into the full understanding of justification by faith alone, apart from the works of the law.

You are also a false accuser of the Apostle James !

Robert Pate
November 11th, 2015, 03:47 PM
You are also a false accuser of the Apostle James !

You have 0 understanding of the scriptures, that is why you have been deceived.

beloved57
November 11th, 2015, 03:49 PM
You have 0 understanding of the scriptures, that is why you have been deceived.

Thanks to God I'm not in your condition in the Day of Judgment!

Robert Pate
November 11th, 2015, 03:56 PM
Thanks to God I'm not in your condition in the Day of Judgment!

Your condition is that you are lost.

You are so far out in left field that you are not even in the game.

To believe what you believe you have to be on drugs or something.

beloved57
November 11th, 2015, 04:00 PM

That is your condition,lost and deceived!

Robert Pate
November 11th, 2015, 04:03 PM
That is your condition,lost and deceived!

Do you pray to John Calvin?

disturbo
November 11th, 2015, 04:08 PM

Wrong! He's the bat boy in the dugout!

Drugs? Maybe. Or something? Absolutely!

beloved57
November 11th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Do you pray to John Calvin?

Stupid question!

disturbo
November 11th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Stupid question!

Not really! You have in your signature,
"Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

beloved57
November 11th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Not really! You have in your signature,
"Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Followed up with a stupid unlearned comment!

Eric h
November 11th, 2015, 08:04 PM
There is only one Jesus Christ, so all this division just does not make sense. Truth should lead towards justice, mercy peace forgiveness and unity.

Robert Pate
November 12th, 2015, 08:45 AM
There is only one Jesus Christ, so all this division just does not make sense. Truth should lead towards justice, mercy peace forgiveness and unity.

Yes, Jesus didn't say religion is the way, the truth and the life.

Nor did he say, no man can come to the Father but by religion.

This is what he did say,

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man can come to the Father, but by me" John 14:6.

Is that what you believe?

chrysostom
November 12th, 2015, 09:08 AM
without religion
pate would not have his bible today
long live religion

Eric h
November 12th, 2015, 11:07 AM
"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man can come to the Father, but by me" John 14:6.

Is that what you believe?

Yes, that is what I believe, and again, there is only 'One Jesus' so we should show some sense of togetherness.

SaulToPaul
November 12th, 2015, 11:12 AM
without religion
pate would not have his bible today
long live religion

made up, as usual

Robert Pate
November 12th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Yes, that is what I believe, and again, there is only 'One Jesus' so we should show some sense of togetherness.

If Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Then why do you need the Catholic religion?

Eric h
November 12th, 2015, 01:36 PM
If Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Then why do you need the Catholic religion?

We each need a place of worship, we have to be in fellowship with others. Sadly, our lack of visible unity is probably the biggest argument against Christianity.

Tomorrow night I shall be praying with Christians from a number of denominations, I find this a great blessing when we can pray together.

beloved57
November 12th, 2015, 01:38 PM

Why you need work religion?

Robert Pate
November 12th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Why you need work religion?

There is no way that anyone can work their way into heaven.

Salvation always has been and always will be, by grace through faith.

Robert Pate
November 12th, 2015, 04:33 PM
We each need a place of worship, we have to be in fellowship with others. Sadly, our lack of visible unity is probably the biggest argument against Christianity.

Tomorrow night I shall be praying with Christians from a number of denominations, I find this a great blessing when we can pray together.

Pray this prayer,

Thank you Lord for justifying the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciling us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

beloved57
November 12th, 2015, 05:49 PM
There is no way that anyone can work their way into heaven.

Salvation always has been and always will be, by grace through faith.

You teach that man must perform a act to get saved, and that Christ death alone for one is not enough to save them!

beloved57
November 12th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Pray this prayer,

Thank you Lord for justifying the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciling us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

You don't believe those scriptures!

Eric h
November 13th, 2015, 05:51 AM

It seems we cannot all follow just one way, but Jesus said, love one another as I have loved you, by this all men will know that you are my disciples.

We just need a more visible love between all the denominations.

Ben Masada
November 13th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Paul received the Gospel directly from Jesus Christ, it was the same Gospel that Peter preached on the day of Pentecost, but with much more detail, Galatians 1:11, 12.

Why is it that you cannot believe your Jewish brothers?

Because they had nothing to do with the NT. They were Jewish all right but they would never write a page of the NT. They were used by Paul and the Church later to borrow apostolic credibility for the church of Paul. BTW, after listening to their gospel preaching, Paul got disappointed that they seemed to be preaching a different gospel about a different Jesus and for that matter, Paul would consider them as false apostles disguised as apostles of Jesus. (II Cor. 11:4-6, 13)