dialm
November 5th, 2015, 03:59 AM
Life just isn't fair.

chair
November 5th, 2015, 04:49 AM
Is he a nice guy?

iouae
November 5th, 2015, 05:01 AM
At least she has got a religious guy and not some barfly :)

dialm
November 5th, 2015, 05:06 AM
Is he a nice guy?

Yes. He is a real good person.

Now I must ask all the Roman Catholics here to forgive me for being so frank as my grandchildren to be might also be of that persuasion.

This will be a new experience for me. Being nice to Catholics. But I think I can do it.

dialm
November 5th, 2015, 05:07 AM

He is not a bar fly. He is a hard worker. I like him.

iouae
November 5th, 2015, 05:24 AM
He is not a bar fly. He is a hard worker. I like him.

That's great. Hard workers cannot "run off" too far, since they have to be back at work the next day.

dialm
November 5th, 2015, 06:12 AM
That's great. Hard workers cannot "run off" too far, since they have to be back at work the next day.

You are very wise. While I have your ear-

Don't you think that theology is shaped by life? I mean, here I am a staunch Calvinist planning to make allowances for Catholicism.

Thanks

chrysostom
November 5th, 2015, 06:23 AM
Life just isn't fair.

this is really funny
maybe she was running away from you
let us know if and when they visit you

J Breeze
November 5th, 2015, 06:32 AM
If their relationship is healthy I think you should be relieved; there are some people out there who aren't decent and your daughter has been wise to choose someone who is pleasant.

iouae
November 5th, 2015, 06:41 AM

Don't you think that theology is shaped by life? I mean, here I am a staunch Calvinist planning to make allowances for Catholicism.

Thanks

Well thankfully it's not you marrying the Catholic, and I presume your daughter is in love which means she is blind, so for the next year at least, Catholicism is unlikely to bother her.

My policy (which is as yet untested) would be to do all that is possible to not interfere with them, and to keep on their best side, so that you have access to the MANY grandkids to come.

chrysostom
November 5th, 2015, 06:41 AM
Yes. He is a real good person.

Now I must ask all the Roman Catholics here to forgive me for being so frank as my grandchildren to be might also be of that persuasion.

This will be a new experience for me. Being nice to Catholics. But I think I can do it.

it will be a new experience for us

ok doser
November 5th, 2015, 07:13 AM

don't do it!

bybee
November 5th, 2015, 07:17 AM
Life just isn't fair.

Whoever said it would be?

bybee
November 5th, 2015, 07:19 AM
Life just isn't fair.

Well... think of all the really far out possibilities that haven't happened?

Quetzal
November 5th, 2015, 07:32 AM
You rang? :D

chrysostom
November 5th, 2015, 07:35 AM
Life just isn't fair.

maybe God does have a sense of humor

bybee
November 5th, 2015, 08:00 AM

I believe so....

chair
November 5th, 2015, 08:19 AM

Read the story of Balaam again.

Cedarbay
November 5th, 2015, 08:25 AM

ThanksI was a cradle Catholic who married a cradle Catholic. After many years of marriage, we both declined the RCC and are Presbyterian (WCF). Romans 8:28

We also have a married child who attends an ELCA.

We don't make allowances for the ELCA. We simply want to respect her choices and we know that the Lord has a plan for her life.

I keep a picture of the kids and grandkids in a bible to remind me to pray for them many times a day. We pray and we keep our peace.

OCTOBER23
November 5th, 2015, 08:57 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha

:rotfl::rotfl:

dialm
November 5th, 2015, 09:52 AM
this is really funny
maybe she was running away from you
let us know if and when they visit you

Yes. It gives one a totally different perspective. Grandpa can't be a butthead.

chrysostom
November 5th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Yes. It gives one a totally different perspective. Grandpa can't be a butthead.

this is a good start

relaff
November 11th, 2015, 06:10 PM
I'd say there a different people being catholic, just like there are different people among other Christians. If he believes and Jesus and has accepted Him as his savior, that would be a good start.

Wednesday Addams
November 11th, 2015, 06:16 PM
What if you had a son, and he married a Jew? And then they had Christ-denying children?

patrick jane
November 11th, 2015, 06:19 PM
What if you had a son, and he married a Jew? And then they had Christ-denying children?

Disown him. :chuckle:

relaff
November 11th, 2015, 11:38 PM

I'm afraid for that you don't need to marry a Jew. Unfortunately it happens in many Christian families, too.