PDA

View Full Version : If you are an "OTHER" you are not my brother

Robert Pate
November 2nd, 2015, 09:19 AM
What is this "OTHER" thing that some put on their mast heads?

Are they ashamed of what they are? Maybe their cultist and they don't want others to know that, so they use the title "other" to disguise what they are.

We who are Christians are at a dis-adavantage with these "others". We have no way on knowing what they believe. It is not fair to the Christians on this Forum to use "Other" to identfy yourself.

When Christians use "Christian" on their mast head we atleast know that they are not ashamed of what they are. But "Other"? What's an other? In my book it is an "Other" unbeliever.

Nanja
November 2nd, 2015, 10:12 AM

Are they ashamed of what they are? Maybe their cultist and they don't want others to know that, so they use the title "other" to disguise what they are.

We who are Christians are at a dis-adavantage with these "others". We have no way on knowing what they believe. It is not fair to the Christians on this Forum to use "Other" to identfy yourself.

When Christians use "Christian" on their mast head we atleast know that they are not ashamed of what they are. But "Other"? What's an other? In my book it is an "Other" unbeliever.

Already answered that question for ya.

Here is is again:

www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4504677#457

~~~~~

Caledvwlch
November 2nd, 2015, 10:17 AM
We who are Christians are at a dis-adavantage with these "others". We have no way on knowing what they believe.

Maybe you could, I don't know, ask?

And besides, I have a feeling that out of any hundred people using the Christian label on their profile, there are at least thirty that you would declare liars or mistaken.

Robert Pate
November 2nd, 2015, 11:01 AM
Already answered that question for ya.

Here is is again:

www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4504677#457

~~~~~

Maybe you and B57 are Cultamites or Repromites?

Whatever you are, you are to ashamed to say.

We who are Christians are not ashamed to bear our Lord's name.

daqq
November 2nd, 2015, 11:44 AM

Perhaps some of the "others" simply cannot stomach the thought of being associated with those such as yourself who have highjacked the name "Christian" and perverted it into something it was never meant to be? You really need to get over the nameplate theology because it is killing you. Your own "church fathers" made sure of this when they inserted Matthew 28:19 into the text. I have no problem with it but, in fact, they truly hurt themselves and everyone else who comes after them not understanding what it means. A name holds the weight of character, authority, attributes, teachings, etc., etc., and is therefore much more than the simple spelling of the name. For the same reason Yeshua proclaims that he has shown his disciples the name of the Father yet we never see the name of the Father written anywhere in the Gospel accounts.

Matthew 28:19-20 KJV
19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Now you are essentially a dead man walking because you have not been immersed into the Name of the Father but instead have been running around telling people to ignore His Holy Name: for the Name of the Father is all of Torah and Tanach which you despise.

The zombie apocalypse is upon us! :crackup:

ok doser
November 2nd, 2015, 12:10 PM
iirc, hilston chose "other" (after he self-identified as "pagan" for a while) because the first use of the term "Christian" was a derisive appellation used by those scornful of followers of Christ - it literally means "little Christ"

but then, he was also arguing that celebrating Christmas was a greater sin than murdering children :kookoo:

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 12:12 PM
Perhaps some of the "others" simply cannot stomach the thought of being associated with those such as yourself who have highjacked the name "Christian" and perverted it into something it was never meant to be? You really need to get over the nameplate theology because it is killing you. Your own "church fathers" made sure of this when they inserted Matthew 28:19 into the text. I have no problem with it but, in fact, they truly hurt themselves and everyone else who comes after them not understanding what it means. A name holds the weight of character, authority, attributes, teachings, etc., etc., and is therefore much more than the simple spelling of the name. For the same reason Yeshua proclaims that he has shown his disciples the name of the Father yet we never see the name of the Father written anywhere in the Gospel accounts.

19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Now you are essentially a dead man walking because you have not been immersed into the Name of the Father but instead have been running around telling people to ignore His Holy Name: for the Name of the Father is all of Torah and Tanach which you despise.

Why do some of you hate Pate so much? I don't get it?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 12:13 PM

Excellent post.

Ktoyou
November 2nd, 2015, 12:16 PM

You have a point there. At least you are asking questions. I assume those choosing 'other' are not committed to anything?

aikido7
November 2nd, 2015, 12:27 PM

Wouldn’t it be great if we could get all those “other,” evil people over there and keep the good people here? Then all we would need to do is destroy those other people and a peaceful world would finally be available to all of us!

But the line between good and evil runs down the center of every human heart.

So are we REALLY willing to destroy a piece of our own heart?

I believe the existential reason Jesus asked us to consider “loving our enemies” because he knew that on some deep level, we need our opponents. Yes, Robert, we need those “other” people.

Full disclosure: I am a violent and cruel person who is trying to become nonviolent and less cruel. I think now that my former unconscious, and immoral self left a big vacuum in my soul--and that is how Jesus was able to fill it for me with his love, compassion and acceptance for others.

This is my own interpretation. In any case, my life has truly been blessed since I can now see the child of God in everyone I meet. It has helped me understand and empathize with folks I normally would see as “the other” and keep an arm’s distance from them.

Of course I still can often connect with my fear of “the stranger, the immigrant, the homeless, etc.” because I am not perfect.

But seeing and connecting what is human in myself and “others” has made my faith life so much richer and meaningful than it was before.

I credit Christ for allowing me to be who I really was all along. At last I have taken on the healing I was created by God to receive.

Robert Pate
November 2nd, 2015, 01:09 PM

Immersed in the name of the Father?

The name of the Father is all of the Torah?

What kind of weird religion are you into?

Robert Pate
November 2nd, 2015, 01:21 PM
Wouldn’t it be great if we could get all those “other,” evil people over there and keep the good people here? Then all we would need to do is destroy those other people and a peaceful world would finally be available to all of us!

But the line between good and evil runs down the center of every human heart.

So are we REALLY willing to destroy a piece of our own heart?

I believe the existential reason Jesus asked us to consider “loving our enemies” because he knew that on some deep level, we need our opponents. Yes, Robert, we need those “other” people.

Full disclosure: I am a violent and cruel person who is trying to become nonviolent and less cruel. I think now that my former unconscious, and immoral self left a big vacuum in my soul--and that is how Jesus was able to fill it for me with his love, compassion and acceptance for others.

This is my own interpretation. In any case, my life has truly been blessed since I can now see the child of God in everyone I meet. It has helped me understand and empathize with folks I normally would see as “the other” and keep an arm’s distance from them.

Of course I still can often connect with my fear of “the stranger, the immigrant, the homeless, etc.” because I am not perfect.

But seeing and connecting what is human in myself and “others” has made my faith life so much richer and meaningful than it was before.

I credit Christ for allowing me to be who I really was all along. At last I have taken on the healing I was created by God to receive.

Well, that is not much help as to who the "others" are.

It seems to me that it is only fair that you should state your religious affiliation on a Forum such as this. How else are we going to know what you believe?

I am sure that some of the "others" are cultist, but they don't want us to know that.

brewmama
November 2nd, 2015, 01:32 PM
Actually, because I am Orthodox, which is not listed as an option, despite the fact that it is the second largest Church in the world, after the Roman Catholic Church.

False Prophet
November 2nd, 2015, 01:36 PM
I am glad that I am not like you guys. "By their fruits you will know them." 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Gal 5 KJV

Robert Pate
November 2nd, 2015, 01:37 PM

Its not me, its Christ and his Gospel.

The Gospel and justification by faith refutes their phony religion.

Robert Pate
November 2nd, 2015, 01:40 PM
Actually, because I am Orthodox, which is not listed as an option, despite the fact that it is the second largest Church in the world, after the Roman Catholic Church.

Hmmmm, Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.

brewmama
November 2nd, 2015, 01:43 PM
Hmmmm, Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14.

What's that supposed to mean? Do you know anything about the Orthodox Church? If you add all the different Protestant churches together, they are the second largest group behind the Catholic Church. Does that mean you are excluded?

Robert Pate
November 2nd, 2015, 01:52 PM
What's that supposed to mean? Do you know anything about the Orthodox Church? If you add all the different Protestant churches together, they are the second largest group behind the Catholic Church. Does that mean you are excluded?

I didn't write the scripture.

Why did Jesus say this? Religion is the broad road that leads to destruction, "And many there be that go that way" Matthew 7:13.

daqq
November 2nd, 2015, 02:13 PM
Immersed in the name of the Father?

The name of the Father is all of the Torah?

What kind of weird religion are you into?

The Name of the father is His Word and you do not have His Word in you:

John 5:37-38
37. And the Father himself, which has sent me, has borne witness of me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His shape.
38. And you have not His Logos abiding in you: for whom He has sent, the same you believe not.

John 14:23-24
23. Yeshua answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24. He that loves me not keeps not my sayings: and the Logos which you hear is not of me, but of the Father who sent me.

:sheep:

brewmama
November 2nd, 2015, 02:21 PM
I didn't write the scripture.

Why did Jesus say this? Religion is the broad road that leads to destruction, "And many there be that go that way" Matthew 7:13.

Umm, so?? Can you not be specific about what you are trying to say? Can you not answer any of my specific questions? Where does Jesus say that religion is the broad road?

daqq
November 2nd, 2015, 02:29 PM

Just another one of your many false accusations. This thread was posted today after the OP and I had a discussion yesterday in another one of his threads where the writings of Paul decimated his false religion. So who is the hater? Do you not see the title of this thread which says "If you are an "OTHER" you are not my brother"? Therefore once again you call evil good and good evil, and since you commend him on his OP statement, you also are guilty of the same hatred and evil deeds.

1 John 3:11-15 KJV
11. For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12. Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
13. Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
14. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Walking dead, full of hate, the zombie apocalypse is upon you! :crackup:

ok doser
November 2nd, 2015, 02:43 PM

reminds me too much of chopped liver :idunno:

Ben Masada
November 2nd, 2015, 03:06 PM

Hey Robert, now you got one right. With this discarding of "others" for being unbelievers, you remind us of Jesus himself in Mat. 10:5,6 when he forbade his own disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles, especially Samaritans but to the Jews only. Anyway, I find his attitude here kind of weird considering that Jesus himself in his Sermon of the Mount, said to the Jews: "You are the light of the world." (Mat. 5:14) Hence, I prefer not to believe that Jesus acted so according to Mat. 10:5,6.

daqq
November 2nd, 2015, 03:13 PM
RP, perhaps I should change my label to "Christian (other)"?
The ECT forum looks fun . . . :)

fishrovmen
November 2nd, 2015, 04:01 PM
We have no way on knowing what they believe. It is not fair to the Christians on this Forum to use "Other" to identfy yourself.

It doesn't matter what people list on their profile because you don't listen when your corrected countless times on what you THINK people believe.

daqq
November 2nd, 2015, 04:58 PM
It doesn't matter what people list on their profile because you don't listen when your corrected countless times on what you THINK people believe.

Also, when RP says this:

Originally Posted by Robert Pate http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/images/bluesaint/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4505123#post4505123)
We have no way on knowing what they believe.

It is for the most part an untrue statement, (at least in my case but probably the same for most) because what things people believe, they, (and I) generally post for all to see, and for others to either agree with or dispute. This whole place is about discussing, debating, and arguing, (in the good sense) what people believe. The desire to label someone is simply the mentality of those who would like to tag those whom they consider "enemies" so as to segregate and marginalize those they do not agree with and herd them off into a backroom out of sight and out of mind. It is nothing more than an attempt to silence those who do not agree with their own paradigms or theological constructs.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 05:00 PM
RP, perhaps I should change my label to "Christian (other)"?
The ECT forum looks fun . . . :)

Another "Other" speaks and is not heard.

fishrovmen
November 2nd, 2015, 05:01 PM
Also, when RP says this:

It is for the most part an untrue statement, (at least in my case but probably the same for most) because what people believe they, (and I) generally post for all to see and either agree or dispute. This whole place is about discussing, debating, and arguing, (in the good sense) what people believe. The desire to label someone is simply the mentality of those who would like to tag those whom they consider "enemies" so as to segregate those they do not agree with and herd them off into a backroom out of sight and out of mind. It is nothing more than an attempt to silence those who do not agree with their own paradigms or theological constructs.

:thumb:

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 05:02 PM
reminds me too much of chopped liver :idunno:

I don't get it? I also don't get it because I despise liver, chopped or
otherwise.

daqq
November 2nd, 2015, 05:06 PM
Another "Other" speaks and is not heard.

Exactly why you and yours say "there is no way to know what they believe".
Try actually reading what "others" post . . . :crackup:

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 05:07 PM
Just another one of your many false accusations. This thread was posted today after the OP and I had a discussion yesterday in another one of his threads where the writings of Paul decimated his false religion. So who is the hater? Do you not see the title of this thread which says "If you are an "OTHER" you are not my brother"? Therefore once again you call evil good and good evil, and since you commend him on his OP statement, you also are guilty of the same hatred and evil deeds.

1 John 3:11-15 KJV
11. For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12. Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
13. Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
14. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Walking dead, full of hate, the zombie apocalypse is upon you! :crackup:

Are you a member of the "Body of Christ" through, hearing
the Grace Message and placing all your faith in Christ as your
Savior? Are you indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit and have
you received the righteousness of Christ? If you can't say yes
to all of those questions, then, you are NOT a Christian and Pate
is right.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 05:11 PM
Exactly why you and yours say "there is no way to know what they believe".
Try actually reading what "others" post . . . :crackup:

What do you believe? How and when did you become a child of God?

annabenedetti
November 2nd, 2015, 05:46 PM
We who are Christians are at a dis-adavantage with these "others". We have no way on knowing what they believe.

Yep. :)

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 05:48 PM
I really don't expect an "Other" to answer my questions. They usually just
go away.

daqq
November 2nd, 2015, 06:07 PM
Are you a member of the "Body of Christ" through, hearing
the Grace Message and placing all your faith in Christ as your
Savior? Are you indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit and have
you received the righteousness of Christ? If you can't say yes
to all of those questions, then, you are NOT a Christian and Pate
is right.

What do you believe? How and when did you become a child of God?

I really don't expect an "Other" to answer my questions. They usually just
go away.

All of your questions have already been answered elsewhere but you clearly want to pretend like they have not so as to make yourself look good and justify yourself in front of men, (which is abomination in the sight of God, Luke 16:15). I therefore do not feel compelled to go round up all of the links where you have already been answered because you will continue to ignore what is said and continue to do what you do even now after already having received those answers. However, what will you do now that I too am essentially a Christian? We both know that you and I cannot both be "Christian" and I have the Scripture to back up whatever it is that needs to be said in any conversation with you and yours. :)

daqq
November 2nd, 2015, 06:13 PM
Yep. :)

But, Annabenedetti, your label says "other" . . .
Oh, I get it, (and good for you!). :)

kiwimacahau
November 2nd, 2015, 06:25 PM

I'm Old Catholic which is also not an option.

fishrovmen
November 2nd, 2015, 06:37 PM
We have no way on knowing what they believe.

John 3:12 :chuckle:

Totton Linnet
November 2nd, 2015, 06:44 PM
What amazes me is how Pate moans like billyho if we say God chooses [elects] who to save......

....but himself sure has a comprehensive list of folk he chooses to be damned

Sherman
November 2nd, 2015, 06:48 PM
I decided on Protestant Christian for my masthead because I think Catholicism is nonesense. It is more specific to where I stand.

daqq
November 2nd, 2015, 06:49 PM
John 3:12 :chuckle:

Hmmm, and there are quite a few supplementary-complimentary passages that go hand in hand with that verse, (1 Corinthians 2:14 immediately comes to mind). :)

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 06:58 PM
All of your questions have already been answered elsewhere but you clearly want to pretend like they have not so as to make yourself look good and justify yourself in front of men, (which is abomination in the sight of God, Luke 16:15). I therefore do not feel compelled to go round up all of the links where you have already been answered because you will continue to ignore what is said and continue to do what you do even now after already having received those answers. However, what will you do now that I too am essentially a Christian? We both know that you and I cannot both be "Christian" and I have the Scripture to back up whatever it is that needs to be said in any conversation with you and yours. :)

You really don't expect posters to search the ENTIRE forum to find
your answers, do ya? That would be a little over the top. See, you
found a way to not answer the questions. Congratulations. Next
time someone asks a question, all we need to tell them is, "Search
the entire forum and you'll find the answers."

daqq
November 2nd, 2015, 07:52 PM
You really don't expect posters to search the ENTIRE forum to find
your answers, do ya? That would be a little over the top. See, you
found a way to not answer the questions. Congratulations. Next
time someone asks a question, all we need to tell them is, "Search
the entire forum and you'll find the answers."

When did I say I was here to discuss myself? Why do you always make it about "you -vs- me" in everything you say? You ask personal questions and even after they have been answered you continue to ask the same questions over and over again apparently just for the sake of trying to bog someone down. Sorry, not playing your games. If someone else were to ask such things, somewhere else, (and politely, and seemingly for the right reasons) they would surely receive an answer from me if at all possible, (and if it might be edifying, but again, I did not come here to talk about myself). This is the very reason I generally do not even respond to you anymore. It is not because I cannot answer your questions but because you are clearly a wolf in a sheepskin at play in the fields of Elohim. How long do you think His long-suffering patience will endure before He sends his Messengers to set your house in order? My brother Titon of Makedon will be there, yea, he will set your house in order and teach you like Gideon taught the men of Sukkoth, that is, with thorns and briers and from the wilderness. :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 07:55 PM
When did I say I was here to discuss myself? Why do you always make it about "you -vs- me" in everything you say? You ask personal questions and even after they have been answered you continue to ask the same questions over and over again apparently just for the sake of trying to bog someone down. Sorry, not playing your games. If someone else were to ask such things, somewhere else, (and politely, and seemingly for the right reasons) they would surely receive an answer from me if at all possible, (and if it might be edifying, but again, I did not come here to talk about myself). This is the very reason I generally do not even respond to you anymore. It is not because I cannot answer your questions but because you are clearly a wolf in a sheepskin at play in the fields of Elohim. How long do you think His long-suffering patience will endure before He sends his Messengers to set your house in order? My brother Titon of Makedon will be there, yea, he will set your house in order and teach you like Gideon taught the men of Sukkoth, that is, with thorns and briers and from the wilderness. :chuckle:

Go through the entire forum and show me proof of what you accuse me of doing? Otherwise, it's just hearsay.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 07:59 PM
Hey daqq, I'm not afraid of your threats. Try anything you want? I promise,
I won't be frightened. LA has threatened me with "death predictions." She
says I'll have my head cut off. And, now you're threatening. Bring it on.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 08:00 PM
I've seen things that would make you crawl up a wall with fear. They didn't
bother me in the least.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 08:02 PM
. How long do you think His long-suffering patience will endure before He sends his Messengers to set your house in order? My brother Titon of Makedon will be there, yea, he will set your house in order and teach you like Gideon taught the men of Sukkoth, that is, with thorns and briers and from the wilderness. :chuckle:

Threats huh?

patrick jane
November 2nd, 2015, 08:13 PM

I agree, good post.
You're not alone daqq. Some folks here get stuck on repeat

patrick jane
November 2nd, 2015, 08:16 PM
I've seen things that would make you crawl up a wall with fear. They didn't
bother me in the least.

You looked in the mirror ?

btw, I'm joining this discussion, I may subscribe to the thread.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 08:17 PM
Yeah, making "predictions" about posters being harmed is kind of neat to some folks. I understand that.

glorydaz
November 2nd, 2015, 08:20 PM

:rotfl:

glorydaz
November 2nd, 2015, 08:26 PM
You looked in the mirror ?

btw, I'm joining this discussion, I may subscribe to the thread.

:listen:................:DK:

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 08:28 PM
:listen:................:DK:

Yeah, his friend daqq is threatening to have something occur to old
GM. Maybe kind of a vengeance thing? :think:

aikido7
November 2nd, 2015, 08:37 PM
Well, that is not much help as to who the "others" are.It wasn't meant to be. Most of the time scapegoating stems from our own unwillingness to acknowledge our own darkness so we project it onto others.[/QUOTE]

It seems to me that it is only fair that you should state your religious affiliation on a Forum such as this. How else are we going to know what you believe?
Try asking me direct questions.

There is absolutely NOTHING I won't answer and I have done so time and time again.

But the set up of your question is indeed a set up, in my opinion. Many on TOL lie in wait for comments that they are salivating at the mouth to attack.

It really doesn't matter what religion or the number of churches I have attended. There are "good and bad" elements in everything. And there are always going to be those who are eager to attack others whatever church they say they belong to. There's really very little respect for the diversity and differences in other folks' faith journeys.

I have attended Methodist, Mormon, Four Square Gospel, Unitarian, Presbyterian, Episcopalian, and many others I don't remember.
I went to every one of these in my life and beginning when I was around 20, I was asked to visit many churches. I would beg off, saying that I have not yet found a church that follows Jesus.

, No!" they said. OUR church really DOES!
But it was just another disappointment.

I got tired of having to leave my God-given brain outside the door of all these churches.

I have found a Bible Study group that meets two days a week where we live. They are a group of committed Christians who are united in trying to live a life as Jesus demonstrated. I have found my group. And I continually learn more about the spirit all the time.

I am sure that some of the "others" are cultist, but they don't want us to know that.The word "cult" is too often used by anyone who feels qualified to judge and make pronouncements on another person's faith journey.

"We're sanctified and blameless. It's those OTHER people who are evil and deluded."

Humanity's "same old song."

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 09:10 PM
My opinion is this: Those that choose to go by "other" are fearful
of being found out. They're, most likely not fundamentalist
Christian believers however, they want to get their belief system
out there, even though this is a Christian forum. If found out, they
fear they'll be ridiculed and disagreed with. They may be cultists,
Mormons, atheists, agnostics, Catholics, occultists, etc. But, they
don't want that to get out into the general public. Fear is why they
refuse to admit what "other" means.

daqq
November 2nd, 2015, 09:16 PM
Hey daqq, I'm not afraid of your threats. Try anything you want? I promise,
I won't be frightened. LA has threatened me with "death predictions." She
says I'll have my head cut off. And, now you're threatening. Bring it on.

:rotfl:

[/B]

Threats huh?

Those are not threats but rather the "gospel of Paul" which both you and Glorydaz claim to know and uphold. Why do you not believe me when I tell you that I have the Scripture to back what I say? Do you not know from Paul that the kingdom of Elohim comes with POWER? Or is it that you have never actually heard the gospel of Paul? And if you do not have the gospel of Paul then clearly you have received some "other" gospel. Therefore it is not me who is "other" but YOU. And no doubt you will prove it again now because even if you begin to hear the gospel of Paul you will still reject it because you are not what you say you are:

2 Corinthians 2:12-13
12. Furthermore, when I came to Troada to preach the good news of Messiah, and a door was opened unto me of YHWH:
13. My spirit had no rest because having not found my brother Titon: but taking leave of them I went from there into Makedonia.

Acts 16:7-10
7. After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.
8. And passing by Mysia they came down to Troada.
9. And a vision appeared to Paul in the night: there stood a man of Makedon, and beseeched him, saying, Come over into Makedonia, and help us!
10. And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavored to go into Makedonia, assuredly gathering that Elohim had called us for to preach the good news unto them.

There are no two ways about it whether you believe it or not:
Titon-Titus is the Man of Makedon from the vision of Paul at Troada.

Ahah, yes, the parousia of Titon the comforter:

2 Corinthians 7:6-7
6. Nevertheless Elohim, that comforts those that are cast down, comforted us by the parousia of Titon:
7. And not only by his parousia, but by the consolation wherewith he was comforted in you, when he told us your earnest desire, your mourning, your fervent mind toward me; so that I rejoiced the more.

2 Corinthians 8:6
6. Insomuch that we desired Titon, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also.

2 Corinthians 8:23
23. Whether concerning Titon, my partner and fellow-worker to you-ward, or our brethren, they are the messengers of the congregations; the glory of Messiah.

Poor blind Grosnick has received the gospel of an "other" outside of Paulos the little. :crackup:

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 09:24 PM
Those are not threats but rather the "gospel of Paul" which both you and Glorydaz claim to know and uphold. Why do you not believe me when I tell you that I have the Scripture to back what I say? Do you not know from Paul that the kingdom of Elohim comes with POWER? Or is it that you have never actually heard the gospel of Paul? And if you do not have the gospel of Paul then clearly you have received some "other" gospel. Therefore it is not me who is "other" but YOU. And no doubt you will prove it again now because even if you begin to hear the gospel of Paul you will still reject it because you are not what you say you are:

12. Furthermore, when I came to Troada to preach the good news of Messiah, and a door was opened unto me of YHWH:
13. My spirit had no rest because having not found my brother Titon: but taking leave of them I went from there into Makedonia.

7. After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.
9. And a vision appeared to Paul in the night: there stood a man of Makedon, and beseeched him, saying, Come over into Makedonia, and help us!
10. And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavored to go into Makedonia, assuredly gathering that Elohim had called us for to preach the good news unto them.

6. Nevertheless Elohim, that comforts those that are cast down, comforted us by the parousia of Titon:
7. And not only by his parousia, but by the consolation wherewith he was comforted in you, when he told us your earnest desire, your mourning, your fervent mind toward me; so that I rejoiced the more.

6. Insomuch that we desired Titon, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also.

23. Whether concerning Titon, my partner and fellow-worker to you-ward, or our brethren, they are the messengers of the congregations; the glory of Messiah.

Poor blind Grosnick has received the gospel of an "other" outside of Paulos the little. :crackup:

Unfortunately, you don't know what you're talking about. We are
living in the Dispensation of Grace. A "sealed " true Believer such
as myself, has the righteousness of Christ. Your "threats" have
no validity. I don't fear your misinterpretations of the Scriptures.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 2nd, 2015, 09:27 PM
Any other threats?

glorydaz
November 2nd, 2015, 09:37 PM
But the set up of your question is indeed a set up, in my opinion. Many on TOL lie in wait for comments that they are salivating at the mouth to attack.

Oh the workings of the liberal mind..... :chew:

patrick jane
November 2nd, 2015, 09:46 PM
Whatever daqq slapped on the end of that post sounded like a movie line or a line from a book or play. I didn't see a threat there, but when folks are hawking for things to report they latch onto anything. Which really stinks for the Mods - good work everybody !!

glorydaz
November 2nd, 2015, 10:02 PM
Whatever daqq slapped on the end of that post sounded like a movie line or a line from a book or play. I didn't see a threat there, but when folks are hawking for things to report they latch onto anything. Which really stinks for the Mods - good work everybody !!

What are you hawking? Hawk it out, you'll feel better.

Your frivolous reports are fine, but when someone else sees a threat they aren't allowed to report it without your permission? :salute:

patrick jane
November 2nd, 2015, 10:09 PM
I just imagine some folks reflecting on their day, their night, their week etc. and being aware of how much time and effort it takes to neg rep people. We can tell by the fruit.

glorydaz
November 2nd, 2015, 10:29 PM

Are you Let's Argue in drag?

brewmama
November 2nd, 2015, 10:29 PM
Any other threats?

Why do you keep characterizing them as threats? It's obvious they weren't.

glorydaz
November 2nd, 2015, 10:33 PM

Where were you when the last "threat" against him earned a warning from the mods? It won't be the first nor will it be the last that's been made. Are you the new judge?

daqq
November 2nd, 2015, 10:34 PM
Unfortunately, you don't know what you're talking about. We are
living in the Dispensation of Grace. A "sealed " true Believer such
as myself, has the righteousness of Christ. Your "threats" have
no validity. I don't fear your misinterpretations of the Scriptures.

You are speaking from your own man-made paradigm and now lying about threats even after what was said was shown to you from the Scripture you claim to uphold. And even in the face of what Paul has actually written you have clearly rejected him just as I said you would. The carnal minded man cannot see the truth because he is blinded by his flesh and carnal mindset. However, when your appointed time comes, and it will if you have the patient endurance and faithfulness of the saints, then you will consider perfectly what has been said to you, (and you will indeed be in need of that comfort). :crackup:

There is a lying spirit in the mouths of all your false teachers and false prophets which you have heaped unto yourself, proclaiming peace, prosperity, and safety to your itching ears: and as Michaiah said to Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah, the baal of the two horns, when Zedekiah went near and smote Michaiah on the cheek, and said, "Which way went the Spirit of YHWH from me to speak unto you?" And Michaiah said, "Behold, You shall see in that day, when you enter your chamber to chamber in chamber and hide yourself!" (1 Kings 22:22-25).

patrick jane
November 2nd, 2015, 10:38 PM
Yeah, making "predictions" about posters being harmed is kind of neat to some folks. I understand that.

he didn't make a prediction - I think he quoted the Bible

glorydaz
November 2nd, 2015, 10:41 PM
I just imagine some folks reflecting on their day, their night, their week etc. and being aware of how much time and effort it takes to neg rep people. We can tell by the fruit.

There's your big problem, PJ....well, one of them. Stop imaging things. Little kids can play make believe, but adults should put that kind of nonsense behind them. Grow up. Think of the time and effort you put into harping about people neg repping, complaining about people neg repping, whining about people neg repping, or even thinking about the possibility of people neg repping.

Your "fruit" is a basket of green and red reps and nothing else.

glorydaz
November 2nd, 2015, 10:43 PM

What you "think" and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee. Now scoot. Scat. Get. Go. Exit. Scamper off.

patrick jane
November 2nd, 2015, 10:50 PM

well, when you use Titon instead of Titus and change a letter or two in other words that differ from the KJV or really any other current Bible, folks might not see what you're saying. Vague too

brewmama
November 2nd, 2015, 10:55 PM
Where were you when the last "threat" against him earned a warning from the mods? It won't be the first nor will it be the last that's been made. Are you the new judge?

Actually I'm just talking about this particular one that obviously isn't a threat. I don't know about any other one.

patrick jane
November 2nd, 2015, 11:01 PM
What you "think" and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee. Now scoot. Scat. Get. Go. Exit. Scamper off.

I think I'll stay for many many months, :)

glorydaz
November 2nd, 2015, 11:39 PM
Actually I'm just talking about this particular one that obviously isn't a threat. I don't know about any other one.

Oh, well we have a lot of nuts on this board, so you can't be too careful. What was posted as "Paul's gospel" sure wasn't "Paul's gospel"...I don't care what names were changed to make it sound like something it wasn't. :idunno:

glorydaz
November 2nd, 2015, 11:40 PM
I think I'll stay for many many months, :)

I don't care what you do....just stop following me around and use a Kleenex so you don't get snot all over the thread I'm posting on.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 12:58 AM

You play a part in that same neg-repping. You've given
old GM a few these last few days. I don't begrudge you a few.
I've given you a few in return. I might add, I enjoyed it as well.

You're in a position of being unable to match me in the wit
department so, at least you can offer up a neg-rep or two in order
to make it seem as if, you're on a level playing field. If you could
only articulate your thoughts the same as GM, you might be able
to convince others that you were, somewhat of a thinking presence?

However, one must use what they've been born with and allow the
cards to fall as they may. I wish you no hard feelings and hope that
someday you may realize the error of your ways. That's the best I
can do for you.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:01 AM

You're a Catholic aren't you? You should know what a threat is? There are physical threats and spiritual
threats. Ask your Priest about that?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:09 AM

You wouldn't understand, being a Catholic. Like I've suggested
already, ask your local Priest or write a letter to the "Archdiocese
of Rome?" Perhaps, you'll receive the answer you seek? Be ever-
vigilant my friend. It may help to guide you through your existence
on planet earth?

aikido7
November 3rd, 2015, 01:13 AM
Oh the workings of the liberal mind..... :chew:Liberal or conservative, it depends on the issue.
It would be great if you could learn to ask direct questions and not assume things.

aikido7
November 3rd, 2015, 01:14 AM
refuse to admit what "other" means.We all see the world.
And everybody has an opinion.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:22 AM
You are speaking from your own man-made paradigm and now lying about threats even after what was said was shown to you from the Scripture you claim to uphold. And even in the face of what Paul has actually written you have clearly rejected him just as I said you would. The carnal minded man cannot see the truth because he is blinded by his flesh and carnal mindset. However, when your appointed time comes, and it will if you have the patient endurance and faithfulness of the saints, then you will consider perfectly what has been said to you, (and you will indeed be in need of that comfort). :crackup:

There is a lying spirit in the mouths of all your false teachers and false prophets which you have heaped unto yourself, proclaiming peace, prosperity, and safety to your itching ears: and as Michaiah said to Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah, the baal of the two horns, when Zedekiah went near and smote Michaiah on the cheek, and said, "Which way went the Spirit of YHWH from me to speak unto you?" And Michaiah said, "Behold, You shall see in that day, when you enter your chamber to chamber in chamber and hide yourself!" (1 Kings 22:22-25).

I cannot lead your path friend. You must travel it alone. Focus upon
every footstep as you travel through time and space. Do not allow
your inner site to be obscured by, mere moments of hesitation
and dwindling thoughts of insecure motives. Live each day as if it were,
but a droplet of water on a blade of grass.

May you travel through this life with hopeful consideration of others
quests.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:23 AM
We all see the world.
And everybody has an opinion.

I'm interested in hearing yours? Please share?

aikido7
November 3rd, 2015, 01:25 AM
I cannot lead your path friend. You must travel it alone....
May you travel through this life with hopeful consideration of others
quests.

Can't you just kick him in the teeth or insult him into the "right path"?
You must be off your game.

genuineoriginal
November 3rd, 2015, 01:25 AM
My designation is Christian (Other), and I am not ashamed of it.

I am a believer, but I am not here to parrot the doctrines of any religious denomination, like Protestant Christian, because many of those doctrines do not follow the truth found in the scriptures.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:26 AM

I see that you're uncertain? Perhaps, you ought to inquire of him?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:29 AM
Can't you just kick him in the teeth or insult him into the "right path"?
You must be off your game.

Please don't resort to such "Neanderthalic" thought processes, I
implore you? There are Ladies among us sir.

aikido7
November 3rd, 2015, 01:29 AM
I'm interested in hearing yours? Please share?
Not now. But I'm going to warn you, you will not like it. It would be nice for me to know why but you don't dispense that kind of wisdom. You would rather throw things from your cocoon.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:30 AM
My designation is Christian (Other), and I am not ashamed of it.

I am a believer, but I am not here to parrot the doctrines of any religious denomination, like Protestant Christian, because many of those doctrines do not follow the truth found in the scriptures.

Thank you

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:31 AM
Not now. But I'm going to warn you, you will not like it. It would be nice for me to know why but you don't dispense that kind of wisdom. You would rather throw things from your cocoon.

Edgar Allen Poe, you're not!

aikido7
November 3rd, 2015, 01:31 AM
Please don't resort to such "Neanderthalic" thought processes, I
implore you? There are Ladies among us sir.A boor is a boor, no matter the gender.

Neanderthalic?

REALLY?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:36 AM
A7, I will not be harassed into sharing "verbal fisticuffs" with you
my dear sir. Gentlemen ought to be able to discuss their differences
in a civilized manner. Do you not agree?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:37 AM
A boor is a boor, no matter the gender.

Neanderthalic?

REALLY?

It's called, Poetic licence.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:41 AM
I must protest. There is an air of hostility on TOL this fine eve. Let us come
to some sort of Détente?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:43 AM
I'm seeking to hold out a hand of friendship and harmony. Please
instruct me, you who seek the same?

aikido7
November 3rd, 2015, 01:43 AM
It's called, Poetic licence.
It didn't rhyme.

aikido7
November 3rd, 2015, 01:45 AM
I'm seeking to hold out a hand of friendship and harmony. Please
instruct me, you who seek the same?You sure exhibit strange behavior. You really don't want to be instructed by anyone, do you?
You hide and dodge, it seems to me. I hope to God you do not have children. I cannot imagine a worse parenting style.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:49 AM
Is there no merciful way to bring about a friendly conversation? Are we
not men and women that seek a peaceful end to disharmony, ill-respect,
and disruptive hatred for our fellow posters? Can we not seek to change
our hearts and minds, in order to bring forth a peaceful co-existence?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:52 AM
Oh, if I were given the words which could be tolerated by our little village
of posters? What change might come to fruition? Dare I even speak the
words?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:54 AM
It didn't rhyme.

Poetic licence need not rhyme.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:55 AM
Is not peace worth, throwing down our verbal weapons of war?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 02:00 AM
You sure exhibit strange behavior. You really don't want to be instructed by anyone, do you?
You hide and dodge, it seems to me. I hope to God you do not have children. I cannot imagine a worse parenting style.

Is it strange to desire peace? I think not. Perhaps, some day soon
peace will cover TOL with mutual respect and admiration for one
another. Dare tell, that even the neg-rep system will have no part
in such a mutual relationship between one and all posters on this
forum?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 02:02 AM
Even you A7 may have a change of heart and decide to join such a community?
Yes, even you my friend.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 02:04 AM
I have a feeling that something wonderful is on the horizon. Closer than one
might hope to imagine.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 02:05 AM
Good evening my dear friends and fellow posters. May you have the finest
of dreams and wake up newly refreshed. Farewell, until tomorrow. God
willing.

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 09:31 AM
well, when you use Titon instead of Titus and change a letter or two in other words that differ from the KJV or really any other current Bible, folks might not see what you're saying. Vague too

Do you not think that was intentional? Those are pearls and there is a command concerning pearls. He asked what I believe, (again for the umpteenth time) and I told him again what I know. Now he calls the gospel of Paul "threats" because he cannot see that I have answered his questions once again. If those things do not happen to him then he will never repent and if he never repents then he will never truly see or know God in this lifetime. The power of the holy people must be completely shattered because their power is their pride and it is killing them. This is not speaking condescendingly or as if from above anyone else because my own pride killed me also. In fact that is why I chuckle and laugh so much when people poke fun, mock, ridicule, and falsely accuse. Our heavenly Father confirms the word of His servants. Anyone who curses one of His servants only curses themselves. But all things work together for good to them that love Elohim; so walk in the Scripture, and according to the Spirit and Testimony of Yeshua, and no doubt you too will come to see what I have said. As for the present condition of this thread, GM and the walking dead have only proven once again what has already been said multiple times to him and his comrades:

ok doser
November 3rd, 2015, 10:10 AM
A boor is a boor, no matter the gender.

actually, a female boar is called a sow

PureX
November 3rd, 2015, 10:19 AM
If you are an "OTHER" you are not my brother

If you are an excluder, you are the loser.

ok doser
November 3rd, 2015, 10:21 AM

wait - are you excluding those that you choose to label "excluders"? :freak:

doesn't that make you a .... :loser:

beloved57
November 3rd, 2015, 10:58 AM

Lol, I am definitely not your Brother in Christ, cant be, since you deny the Gospel !

brewmama
November 3rd, 2015, 11:21 AM
You're a Catholic aren't you? You should know what a threat is? There are physical threats and spiritual
threats. Ask your Priest about that?

I'm not a Catholic, I'm Orthodox. Why are you so snarky?

genuineoriginal
November 3rd, 2015, 11:22 AM
If you are an "OTHER" you are not my brother
I am amazed that nobody checked to see if Jesus had anything to say about this.

Matthew 5:47
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 11:23 AM
I'm not a Catholic, I'm Orthodox. Why are you so snarky?

Too many cans of sardines packed in tomato sauce in my early life.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 11:26 AM

If one isn't a true child of God, they are excluded and will not
see eternal life. However, they will see judgment and eternal
punishment.

PureX
November 3rd, 2015, 11:31 AM
If one isn't a true child of God, they are excluded and will not
see eternal life. However, they will see judgment and eternal
punishment.Good thing you have no say in it, whatever, then, huh!

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 11:34 AM
Lol, I am definitely not your Brother in Christ, cant be, since you deny the Gospel !

Sorry, but it's you that rejects Biblical truth on this, and many other
threads. No offence intended. It's just that you're caught up in a
Maelstrom of ignorance.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 11:37 AM
Good thing you have no say in it, whatever, then, huh!

No, but the Scriptures do. Those, you can do nothing about. No
offence intended. Sounds as if you reject the Grace message
that Paul was preaching to the gentiles. I assume you're a
gentile, are you not?

You're also, another "Other."

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 11:40 AM
There is only one Gospel for today in this Dispensation of Grace. That being, the Grace
Gospel. (Paul's Gospel) Reject that, and you're lost for eternity.

glorydaz
November 3rd, 2015, 11:49 AM
Liberal or conservative, it depends on the issue.
It would be great if you could learn to ask direct questions and not assume things.

Oh, like you when you assume people were raised badly and go on to psychoanalyze them? :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 11:53 AM
Oh, like you when you assume people were raised badly and go on to psychoanalyze them? :chuckle:

Evidently, he's of the Freudian persuasion?

glorydaz
November 3rd, 2015, 11:59 AM
Evidently, he's of the Freudian persuasion?

Yeah, that's certainly one of his "persuasions". :chew:

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 12:01 PM
Yeah, that's certainly one of his "persuasions". :chew:

He's nearly 80 so I would assume he's had time to gather quite a few?

Ben Masada
November 3rd, 2015, 12:52 PM
There is only one Gospel for today in this Dispensation of Grace. That being, the Grace
Gospel. Paul's Gospel Reject that, and you're lost for eternity.

The gospel of Paul has no place for the grace of God. Only for walking by faith without understanding which would be to walk by sight. (II Cor. 5:7) I'll remain with the gospel of Jesus who was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism. (Mat. 5:17-19)

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/images/bluesaint/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4506506#post4506506)
Gospel. Paul's Gospel Reject that, and you're lost for eternity.

That kind of dispensationalism is nothing more than a modern version of Marcionism: the only real difference being that the pair of scissors used to cut out what a person does not want to accept are "theological scissors" concocted in the imagination of the carnal mind which does not understand what it reads to begin with. The words of Yeshua will never pass away and they are for all disciples, of all time, from the time that they were spoken. :)

Right Divider
November 3rd, 2015, 01:23 PM

Sounds like you're just another "wild eyed mystic interpreter".

What are you trying to get at here?

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 01:50 PM
Sounds like you're just another "wild eyed mystic interpreter".

What are you trying to get at here?

The first two passages say what they say, (Acts 16:7-10 and 2 Corinthians 2:12-13) and this is true in just about any English translation one prefers; and there is no other place we are informed that Paul went through Troas, (Troada) except for this one time which he clearly makes reference to in the 2Cor.2:12-13 passage. One either believes Paul, and his companion Luke who penned the Acts, or one does not believe Paul and Luke. Which one is it? I believe both Paul and Luke. Also Leukos "the White" is probably not who you might think he is because this is precisely the point where Luke joins Paul in this journey, (as emphasized in what was quoted, the difference between "THEY" and "WE", in the Acts passage). So I suppose what this is "getting at" is that the carnal mind cannot understand the things of God because they are supernatural, supernal, and spiritually discerned, as likewise Paul says. It is astounding how many here claim to follow Paul but have no clue what things he actually teaches. If you do not understand who is Titus then how can you possibly understand the epistle written to "Titus"? :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:53 PM
That kind of dispensationalism is nothing more than a modern version of Marcionism: the only real difference being that the pair of scissors used to cut out what a person does not want to accept are "theological scissors" concocted in the imagination of the carnal mind which does not understand what it reads to begin with. The words of Yeshua will never pass away and they are for all disciples, of all time, from the time that they were spoken. :)

Another "Other" has spoken!

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:53 PM
The first two passages say what they say, (Acts 16:7-1 and 2 Corinthians 2:12-13) and this is true in just about any English translation one prefers; and there is no other place we are informed that Paul went through Troas, (Troada) except for this one time which he clearly makes reference to in the 2Cor.2:12-13 passage. One either believes Paul, and his companion Luke who penned the Acts, or one does not believe Paul and Luke. Which one is it? I believe both Paul and Luke. Also Leukos "the White" is not who you think he is because this is precisely the point where Luke joins Paul in this journey, (as emphasized in what was quoted, the difference between "THEY" and "WE", in the Acts passage). So I suppose what this is "getting at" is that the carnal mind cannot understand the things of God because they are supernatural, supernal, and spiritually discerned, as likewise Paul says. It is astounding how many here claim to follow Paul but have no clue what things he actually teaches. If you do not understand who is Titus then how can you possibly understand the epistle written to "Titus"? :chuckle:

You and Freelight should get along well.

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 01:56 PM
You and Freelight should get along well.

We do, but besides that I do not count any man as "not my brother", not even you. :)

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 01:58 PM
We do, but besides that I do not count any man as "not my brother", not even you. :)

Are you a Mystic?

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 02:00 PM
Another "Other" has spoken!

And by the way; for the neg rep that you just gave to me, I gave you a positive rep, and I know it is eating you alive. :crackup:

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 02:27 PM
And by the way; for the neg rep that you just gave to me, I gave you a positive rep, and I know it is eating you alive. :crackup:

I gave you a pos-rep back. That'll show you!

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 02:43 PM
I gave you one back. That'll show you!

Well at least it is good to hear that your conscience is not seared, (1 Tim 4:2). :)

Right Divider
November 3rd, 2015, 02:56 PM
The first two passages say what they say, (Acts 16:7-10 and 2 Corinthians 2:12-13) and this is true in just about any English translation one prefers; and there is no other place we are informed that Paul went through Troas, (Troada) except for this one time which he clearly makes reference to in the 2Cor.2:12-13 passage. One either believes Paul, and his companion Luke who penned the Acts, or one does not believe Paul and Luke. Which one is it? I believe both Paul and Luke. Also Leukos "the White" is probably not who you might think he is because this is precisely the point where Luke joins Paul in this journey, (as emphasized in what was quoted, the difference between "THEY" and "WE", in the Acts passage). So I suppose what this is "getting at" is that the carnal mind cannot understand the things of God because they are supernatural, supernal, and spiritually discerned, as likewise Paul says. It is astounding how many here claim to follow Paul but have no clue what things he actually teaches. If you do not understand who is Titus then how can you possibly understand the epistle written to "Titus"? :chuckle:
Could you please just give us the POINT? Instead of starting another long, mostly incoherent RANT.
2Co 2:13 KJV I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.

Tit 1:4 KJV To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Gal 2:1-5 KJV Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. (2) And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain. (3) But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised: (4) And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: (5) To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
That is Titus.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 03:26 PM
Could you please just give us the POINT? Instead of starting another long, mostly incoherent RANT.

That's all he knows what to do.

glorydaz
November 3rd, 2015, 03:50 PM

Your crystal ball is cracked. :rotfl:

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 04:09 PM
2Co 2:13 KJV I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.

Tit 1:4 KJV To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Gal 2:1-5 KJV Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. (2) And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain. (3) But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised: (4) And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: (5) To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
That is Titus.

This is a rant?

Acts 16:7-10 KJV
8. And they passing by Mysia came down to Troas.
9. And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us.
10. And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

2 Corinthians 2:12-13 KJV
12. Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,
13. I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.

Paul clearly reveals that Titus is the man of Macedonia from his vision at Troas.
You simply choose not to believe Paul and his companion, Luke "the Physician".
Just like the rest of your fellow fake Paulines in this thread. :crackup:

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 04:18 PM
You're kind of strange daqq. I sincerely hope you're aware of that?

Nanja
November 3rd, 2015, 04:30 PM

Absolutely, and perfectly stated! :up:

~~~~~

Bright Raven
November 3rd, 2015, 04:39 PM

You have to be kidding. All your gospel is is an acronym of five letters when it should embrace the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. And no, I am not your brother.

Bright Raven
November 3rd, 2015, 04:40 PM

~~~~~

Parrot!

beloved57
November 3rd, 2015, 04:47 PM

~~~~~

Amen appreciate you!

Nanja
November 3rd, 2015, 04:53 PM
Amen appreciate you!

And I surely appreciate You, My Brother 1Pet. 1:22!

~~~~~

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 04:58 PM
Your crystal ball is cracked. :rotfl:

Perfect example of cursing yourselves: attempting to spread false rumors about others, using witchcraft and occult terminology, so as to assassinate the character of your perceived opponents and "enemies". How long will the prophets of Baal cut themselves? Is there not enough blood on your hands already, ehem, "prayer warrior"? Besides, the record is there and stands, and it has nothing to do with a crystal ball. However, when they said that Yeshua had the unclean spirit of Beelzebub they blasphemed the Holy Spirit. Have you no fear you might be doing the same?

Mark 3:22-30 ASV
22. And the scribes that came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and, By the prince of the demons casteth he out the demons.
23. And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?
24. And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
25. And if a house be divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.
26. And if Satan hath rise up against himself, and is divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.
27. But no one can enter into the house of the strong man, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.
28. Verily I say unto you, All their sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and their blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29. but whosoever shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit hath never forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin:
30. because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Can you direct me to the board where the real disciples of Yeshua gather? :chuckle:

Right Divider
November 3rd, 2015, 04:59 PM
This is a rant?

No, this is:

Paul clearly reveals that Titus is the man of Macedonia from his vision at Troas.
You simply choose not to believe Paul and his companion, Luke "the Physician".
Just like the rest of your fellow fake Paulines in this thread. :crackup:
I still have NO idea what you are talking ABOUT.

Can you PLEASE give me a ONE sentence explanation of your POINT?

BTW, I have no problem believing that Titus is the man spoken of in that passage. I don't know WHAT your problem is and with WHOM!

Bright Raven
November 3rd, 2015, 05:06 PM
Amen appreciate you!

No doubt, does polly eat her crackers?

Zeke
November 3rd, 2015, 05:21 PM

Right, I could careless if I am disagreed with, and I certainly don't hide my perception on what the scriptures represent in the allegorical style I have come to except as the correct way to interpret them, you only respond in the excepted boundary concerning the dogmas, and labels you have become bogged down in.

Cultist is just a word that has no power one way or the "other" unless you have been conditioned to think it is evil, which is simply a mental program.

Plus you and Robert both have, and rely on surnames and ID to survive in this world, and are like cattle who obey that master instead of the Divine law of liberty and self responsibility without a dependence on an outward Savior, or hero to save you're artifice strawman created by this worlds system, you are in this world and certainly of it, Christian! just a word.

Right Divider
November 3rd, 2015, 05:29 PM
Right, I could careless if I am disagreed with, and I certainly don't hide my perception on what the scriptures represent in the allegorical style I have come to except as the correct way to interpret them, you only respond in the excepted boundary concerning the dogmas, and labels you have become bogged down in.

Cultist is just a word that has no power one way or the "other" unless you have been conditioned to think it is evil, which is simply a mental program.

Plus you and Robert both have, and rely on surnames and ID to survive in this world, and are like cattle who obey that master instead of the Divine law of liberty and self responsibility without a dependence on an outward Savior, or hero to save you're artifice strawman created by this worlds system, you are in this world and certainly of it, Christian! just a word.
What a pile!

kiwimacahau
November 3rd, 2015, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post

What a crock! Christianity is not limited to those, frankly bonkers, groups which define themselves by the so-called 'fundamentals.' Christ is not as narrow as some Christians, God be thanked!

Wick Stick
November 3rd, 2015, 05:43 PM

BTW, I have no problem believing that Titus is the man spoken of in that passage. I don't know WHAT your problem is and with WHOM!
I usually understand, but am having some trouble with this one as well.

Daqq,

At first reading, it seems that you are saying that Titon/Titus IS the Spirit of God, which was not found in Bithynia, and which rather compelled him to go to Makedonia.

It is hard to SEE what with all the mud flying about here. Can you clarify? (Also, I didn't see an option for a PM in this forum? Perhaps I am just missing it. Feel free to respond that way if it exists and you prefer.)

Jarrod

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 05:44 PM
What a crock! Christianity is not limited to those, frankly bonkers, groups which define themselves by the so-called 'fundamentals.' Christ is not as narrow as some Christians, God be thanked!

But, you're a Catholic correct? If you lie, I'll notify, "The Archdiocese
of Rome."

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 05:46 PM
I usually understand, but am having some trouble with this one as well.

Daqq,

At first reading, it seems that you are saying that Titon/Titus IS the Spirit of God, which was not found in Bithynia, and which rather compelled him to go to Makedonia.

It is hard to SEE what with all the mud flying about here. Can you clarify? (Also, I didn't see an option for a PM in this forum? Perhaps I am just missing it. Feel free to respond that way if it exists and you prefer.)

Jarrod

Daqq is a little, out there.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 05:48 PM
What a pile!

Zeke is out there too.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 05:58 PM
Kiwi, Catholicism is a "belief system." However, it does not contain
the Grace Gospel. (Paul's Gospel) It's based on all forms of false
doctrine, idols, a false leadership, (The Pope, etc) and a religion
based upon good works.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 3rd, 2015, 06:04 PM
Eternal life isn't offered through the Catholic religious system. The Grace Gospel
as Paul preached it offers, forgiveness of sin, the righteousness of Christ, a
position in the Body of Christ, the sealing, indwelling, and baptism (not by water)
into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit. It also guarantees eternal life.

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 06:53 PM
Daqq,

Jarrod

No, I did not say Titus "is" the Spirit of Elohim. However there are Seven Spirits before the throne of Elohim and it is a body-temple template just as the seven messengers of the congregations of the book of the Revelation of Messiah Yeshua, (Ephesus is likened to his own "eye" and he will pluck it out and remove its lamp if need be). If you truly want to understand this theology, (and Paul) perhaps a trip down memory lane to Tzaddukim Dameseq would be in order. The same goes for Leukos "the White", ("the Physician") you know who Azariah the son of Hananiah-Ananias the great is, correct? Yea, Saul met him at Zadokite Damascus if I remember correctly, (and I do) and the scales fell from his eyes. :)

Right Divider
November 3rd, 2015, 07:00 PM
No, I did not say Titus "is" the Spirit of Elohim. However there are Seven Spirits before the throne of Elohim and it is a body-temple template just as the seven messengers of the congregations of the book of the Revelation of Messiah Yeshua, (Ephesus is likened to his own "eye" and he will pluck it out and remove its lamp if need be). If you truly want to understand this theology, (and Paul) perhaps a trip down memory lane to Tzaddukim Dameseq would be in order. The same goes for Leukos "the White", ("the Physician") you know who Azariah the son of Hananiah-Ananias the great is, correct? Yea, Saul met him at Zadokite Damascus if I remember correctly, (and I do) and the scales fell from his eyes. :)
I can see that you are someone that does not understand Jesus Christ according to revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began.

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 08:02 PM
I can see that you are someone that does not understand Jesus Christ according to revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began.

And I can see by your signature that you have judged me without knowing what I believe; and that likewise tells me that you have probably done the same with many "other" brethren. And I can also see by your motto and the portion of your statement which I have highlighted in yellow that you are using your response to me for a launchpad into a dissertation of "the mystery which was kept secret since the world began". Please feel free to correct me or continue with your dissertation. :)

Right Divider
November 3rd, 2015, 08:12 PM
And I can see by your signature that you have judged me without knowing what I believe; and that likewise tells me that you have probably done the same with many "other" brethren. And I can also see by your motto and the portion of your statement which I have highlighted in yellow that you are using your response to me for a launchpad into a dissertation of "the mystery which was kept secret since the world began". Please feel free to correct me or continue with your dissertation. :)
No, I judged you based on some esoteric and wild-eyed doctrine from some of your posts.

Do you find something wrong with my motto?

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 08:26 PM
No, I judged you based on some esoteric and wild-eyed doctrine from some of your posts.

Do you find something wrong with my motto?

1) Your judgment is meaningless.
2) Perhaps you misunderstood what I said: I merely mentioned the fact that your previous closing statement which I highlighted in yellow matches a portion of your motto and therefore tells me where you are probably going with your previous closing statement.

However I did not say that I found anything wrong with your motto so I sincerely hope that does not steal any of your thunder. Other than that nice intro but I'm not biting. :)

Right Divider
November 3rd, 2015, 08:54 PM
1) Your judgment is meaningless.

Then why did you bring it up in the first place.

2) Perhaps you misunderstood what I said: I merely mentioned the fact that your previous closing statement which I highlighted in yellow matches a portion of your motto and therefore tells me where you are probably going with your previous closing statement.

However I did not say that I found anything wrong with your motto so I sincerely hope that does not steal any of your thunder. Other than that nice intro but I'm not biting. :)
It is my belief that God shows in the scripture, two plans (which are eventually combined into one [Eph 1:10], i.e., there was no "plan B" as many like to ridicule, God kept one secret until Paul) for the heaven and the earth.

God promised Israel many things, all on the earth: land; a kingdom; a king; reining over the Gentiles (i.e., the rest of the nations apart from Israel), etc. etc.

The promises that God made in His revelation to Paul are different: seated in heavenly places, ... not on the earth (Col 3:2), etc. etc.

I believe that this was EXACTLY what Paul was talking about when he told Timothy that he/we must rightly divide the word of truth.

As I point out in my motto: things that ARE SPOKEN OF since the world began and things that WERE KEPT SECRET since the world began are TWO mutually exclusive and non-overlapping things.

One cannot be the other and make any sense at all.

beloved57
November 3rd, 2015, 09:09 PM

It is my belief that God shows in the scripture, two plans (which are eventually combined into one [Eph 1:10], i.e., there was no "plan B" as many like to ridicule, God kept one secret until Paul) for the heaven and the earth.

God promised Israel many things, all on the earth: land; a kingdom; a king; reining over the Gentiles (i.e., the rest of the nations apart from Israel), etc. etc.

The promises that God made in His revelation to Paul are different: seated in heavenly places, ... not on the earth (Col 3:2), etc. etc.

I believe that this was EXACTLY what Paul was talking about when he told Timothy that was must rightly divide the word of truth.

As I point out in my motto: things that ARE SPOKEN OF since the world began and things that WERE KEPT SECRET since the world began are TWO mutually exclusive and non-overlapping things.

Israel Abrahams children according to the flesh are not the children of God Rom 9:8 so they had no promises from God, sorry!

Bright Raven
November 3rd, 2015, 09:14 PM
Israel Abrahams children according to the flesh are not the children of God Rom 9:8 so they had no promises from God, sorry!

You are really confused.

Romans 9:8New Living Translation (NLT)

8 This means that Abraham’s physical descendants are not necessarily children of God. Only the children of the promise are considered to be Abraham’s children.

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 09:17 PM

Because my screen name was already in your signature when you posted this previous post to me, on the previous page of this thread, which says:

Just wanted to make sure that we were on the same page in that you had judged me without having a clue what I believe. I really could not believe it at first but I suppose now we both know for sure. :)

I believe that this was EXACTLY what Paul was talking about when he told Timothy that was must rightly divide the word of truth.

Why am I not surprised that the conversation has turned in this direction? :crackup:

patrick jane
November 3rd, 2015, 09:36 PM

Romans 9:16 KJV - Romans 9:24 KJV - Romans 9:30 KJV -

Romans 9:31-32 KJV -

Romans 9:33 KJV -

freelight
November 3rd, 2015, 09:55 PM

First of all know the history behind the 'Other' category. Some time ago I asked Knight to expand the list of 'religious affiliations' to include some more 'options',...I believe I asked to include at least "Unitarian-Universalist' among the list, because I at that time could 'identify' within that 'umbrella'. Instead, Knight decided to make the 'Other' category, a sort of generic 'all-inclusive' slot for those who didn't want to identify with the extant options available. This was a compromise of sorts, but still shorted us in having other options like 'Unitarian-Universalist'.

Choosing 'Other' does not mean that the person is a member of any 'cult' necessarily (but to be fair, you have chosen or been conditioned to believe in your own religious cult, so using the 'cult' word as a 'polemic' doesn't hold water, you're in the same boat so to speak, just sporting a different 'brand'). It would be cool if Knight put up a 'Theosophist' category too (I'd nab it at this juncture in my journey),...but only few people might choose it,....my gesture was to be more 'all-inclusive' offering more options for people.

Your thread-title in itself is a bit presumptuous, since its just a 'label', just like the one you choose to associate with or identify as. Its just a thought, a concept. It would be narrow-minded to assume that an 'Other' is not your brother, or a child of 'God', since we are all children of God, whether your 'pet-theology' assumes otherwise. We are what we are. "I am that am", and am not ashamed of that truth of being.

I think you're making this more than it is. A tree is know by its fruit, you can enjoy a cornicopia of goods, just recognize its all from one universal source. For instance, any are free to look up my bio, thread-history, blog-archive, post-archive, the extent of my commentaries, websites, articles to see what kind of 'religionist' I am, and of course the more you dialogue with a person, the more you see where they are coming from (their past religious history, studies, dispositions, philosophical outlook, etc.) - apart from the essence of who you ARE,...this is all just 'cosmetics'.

I suppose the advantage belongs to those who identify as "Other" as a kind of positive rebellion against the 'status quo', cookie-cutter molds, or limited religious affiliation options which make up the list at present. While I'm not thrilled over the category-term (vague as it is), its kind of a sweet 'smack' back at the so called 'orthodox', - I could just as sure choose 'Pagan', and I did for a short season, - see here (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?b=1057).

I've given my reason for not using 'Christian' elsewhere (if it concerned anyone), since I did originally identify as a 'Christian(Other)', but now no longer choose that 'label', because of its definitions and misconceptions about the 'term' by some who affiliate as such here, having 'sullied' it IMO. I don't choose to associate with that 'brand' of 'Christainity' at any rate. The label 'Christian' can be just as arbitrary as 'biblical',...as debates can flair over who and what is a 'christian', or what qualifies as 'biblical' (cherry-pick as you please).

Now if you want to still assume that I'm not your 'brother', because of my current 'affiliation' (just a 'label' remember), there are problems with that, but you're welcome to your misconception.

beloved57
November 3rd, 2015, 10:13 PM
Romans 9:16 KJV - Romans 9:24 KJV - Romans 9:30 KJV -

Romans 9:31-32 KJV -

Romans 9:33 KJV -

And?

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 10:23 PM
First of all know the history behind the 'Other' category. Some time ago I asked Knight to expand the list of 'religious affiliations' to include some more 'options',...I believe I asked to include at least "Unitarian-Universalist' among the list, because I at that time could 'identify' within that 'umbrella'. Instead, Knight decided to make the 'Other' category, a sort of generic 'all-inclusive' slot for those who didn't want to identify with the extant options available. This was a compromise of sorts, but still shorted us in having other options like 'Unitarian-Universalist'.

Choosing 'Other' does not mean that the person is a member of any 'cult' necessarily (but to be fair, you have chosen or been conditioned to believe in your own religious cult, so using the 'cult' word as a 'polemic' doesn't hold water, you're in the same boat so to speak, just sporting a different 'brand'). It would be cool if Knight put up a 'Theosophist' category too (I'd nab it at this juncture in my journey),...but only few people might choose it,....my gesture was to be more 'all-inclusive' offering more options for people.

Your thread-title in itself is a bit presumptuous, since its just a 'label', just like the one you choose to associate with or identify as. Its just a thought, a concept. It would be narrow-minded to assume that an 'Other' is not your brother, or a child of 'God', since we are all children of God, whether your 'pet-theology' assumes otherwise. We are what we are. "I am that am", and am not ashamed of that truth of being.

I think you're making this more than it is. A tree is know by its fruit, you can enjoy a cornicopia of goods, just recognize its all from one universal source. For instance, any are free to look up my bio, thread-history, blog-archive, post-archive, the extent of my commentaries, websites, articles to see what kind of 'religionist' I am, and of course the more you dialogue with a person, the more you see where they are coming from (their past religious history, studies, dispositions, philosophical outlook, etc.) - apart from the essence of who you ARE,...this is all just 'cosmetics'.

I suppose the advantage belongs to those who identify as "Other" as a kind of positive rebellion against the 'status quo', cookie-cutter molds, or limited religious affiliation options which make up the list at present. While I'm not thrilled over the category-term (vague as it is), its kind of a sweet 'smack' back at the so called 'orthodox', - I could just as sure choose 'Pagan', and I did for a short season, - see here (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?b=1057).

I've given my reason for not using 'Christian' elsewhere (if it concerned anyone), since I did originally identify as a 'Christian(Other)', but now no longer choose that 'label', because of its definitions and misconceptions about the 'term' by some who affiliate as such here, having 'sullied' it IMO. I don't choose to associate with that 'brand' of 'Christainity' at any rate. The label 'Christian' can be just as arbitrary as 'biblical',...as debates can flair over who and what is a 'christian', or what qualifies as 'biblical' (cherry-pick as you please).

Now if you want to still assume that I'm not your 'brother', because of my current 'affiliation' (just a 'label' remember), there are problems with that, but you're welcome to your misconception.

Nice post, ehem, brother . . . :)

And thanks for the info concerning the origins of the title "other" as to how it came about. And for the Paulines herein this might just be the Lukan-Pauline perspective on the brotherhood of man:

Acts 17:24-29 KJV
24. God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25. Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26.And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27. That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28. For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

And Paul says this to, ehem, "non-believers" at Areion-Pagon, (Areopagus). :chuckle:

Quincy
November 3rd, 2015, 10:35 PM
The forum just needs more options for religious affiliation and you'd see less people listed as other.

There's an option to identify as a Satanist, of all things but nothing for beliefs like Deism, which is/was a common view even among some founding fathers.

Right Divider
November 3rd, 2015, 10:55 PM

And thanks for the info concerning the origins of the title "other" as to how it came about. And for the Paulines herein this might just be the Lukan-Pauline perspective on the brotherhood of man:

24. God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25. Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26.And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27. That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
28. For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

And Paul says this to, ehem, "non-believers" at Areion-Pagon, (Areopagus). :chuckle:
So God created one man and one woman and everyone is descended from them. Fascinating!

daqq
November 3rd, 2015, 11:28 PM
So God created one man and one woman and everyone is descended from them. Fascinating!

Well, actually Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image, and called his name Seth. So Seth was born in the image and likeness of Adam, and later came Noah and the flood. So the one blood comes through Noah because his three sons obviously came through him. But as for brothers according to the Master there is much more if you are serious about this topic. Yeshua clearly tells us what are the two great commandments:

Mark 12:29-31 KJV
29. And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30. And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

But one may say, "Yeah, but who exactly is my neighbor?"
Here is perhaps the Lukan-Pauline perspective on the neighborhood of man:

Luke 10:25-37 KJV
25. And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26. He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27. And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
29. But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
30. And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
31. And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
33. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
34. And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35. And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
36. Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
37. And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

Does it appear to matter whether or not a person lives next door to you?
I mean, you know that the Jews had no dealings with Samaritans, right?
Think about what Yeshua is saying to this lawyer who is clearly a Jew. :)

patrick jane
November 4th, 2015, 12:00 AM
Well, actually Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image, and called his name Seth. So Seth was born in the image and likeness of Adam, and later came Noah and the flood. So the one blood comes through Noah because his three sons obviously came through him. But as for brothers according to the Master there is much more if you are serious about this topic. Yeshua clearly tells us what are the two great commandments:

29. And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30. And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

good post

freelight
November 4th, 2015, 12:31 AM
The forum just needs more options for religious affiliation and you'd see less people listed as other.

There's an option to identify as a Satanist, of all things but nothing for beliefs like Deism, which is/was a common view even among some founding fathers.

Yes,....I stand for 'inclusion' :)

Knight apparently doesn't think we need anymore catagories, unless anyone can try to convince him again of this. A few of my PM's have been unresponded to, in the past, ....not all, but a few as I recall. I just let it go.

Currently there are only these options -

Christian
Protestant Christian
Catholic Christian (Other)
LDS -
Mormon
Jehovah's Witness
Jewish
Messianic Jew
Muslim
Hindu
Buddhist
Agnostic
Atheist
Wiccan
Satanist
Pagan
Other

Some other possible category suggestions -

- Unitarian-Universalist
- Deist
- Theosophist
- Spiritualist
- Gnostic
- Humanist
- Eclectic

- Can u think of others? :)

kiwimacahau
November 4th, 2015, 01:00 AM
Kiwi, Catholicism is a "belief system." However, it does not contain
the Grace Gospel. (Paul's Gospel) It's based on all forms of false
doctrine, idols, a false leadership, (The Pope, etc) and a religion
based upon good works.

Cobblers. Try looking at the definition of Old Catholic in Wikipedia before commenting further. As well there as many Christians within the RCC as there are in any other church (vanishingly few.)

patrick jane
November 4th, 2015, 01:05 AM

Knight apparently doesn't think we need anymore catagories, unless anyone can try to convince him again of this. A few of my PM's have been unresponded to, in the past, ....not all, but a few as I recall. I just let it go.

Christian
Protestant Christian
LDS -
Mormon
Jehovah's Witness
Jewish
Messianic Jew
Muslim
Hindu
Buddhist
Agnostic
Atheist
Wiccan
Satanist
Pagan
Other

- Unitarian-Universalist
- Deist
- Theosophist
- Spiritualist
- Gnostic
- Humanist
- Eclectic

Have you been a satanist ?

kiwimacahau
November 4th, 2015, 01:08 AM
But, you're a Catholic correct? If you lie, I'll notify, "The Archdiocese
of Rome."

'Old Catholic 'is NOT the same as RCC. I am not under the Pope's jurisdiction.

brewmama
November 4th, 2015, 01:20 AM
'Old Catholic 'is NOT the same as RCC. I am not under the Pope's jurisdiction.

In the haters' eyes we are all the same.

PureX
November 4th, 2015, 07:30 AM

There's an option to identify as a Satanist, of all things but nothing for beliefs like Deism, which is/was a common view even among some founding fathers.The problem for me was that we can only choose one option from a list. The 'binars' that set the site up can't conceive of how anyone could believe in more than one philosophical paradigm at a time. Yet I am equally adhered to both philosophical taoism and non-religious Christianity, simultaneously. And I find they mesh with each other, seamlessly. So I chose the best of a list of constricting choices.

ok doser
November 4th, 2015, 07:37 AM
purex, unable to conceive that the good folk who set up this site might have been dealing with constraints he's never imagined, uses the only lens he has to analyze them and comes up with this bit of self-convicting nonsense:
The 'binars' that set the site up can't conceive of how anyone could believe in more than one philosophical paradigm at a time.

good one! :thumb:

Right Divider
November 4th, 2015, 09:24 AM

But one may say, "Yeah, but who exactly is my neighbor?"
Here is perhaps the Lukan-Pauline perspective on the neighborhood of man:

Luke 10:25-37 KJV
25. And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26. He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27. And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
29. But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
30. And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
31. And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32. And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
33. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
34. And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35. And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
36. Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
37. And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

Does it appear to matter whether or not a person lives next door to you?
I mean, you know that the Jews had no dealings with Samaritans, right?
Think about what Yeshua is saying to this lawyer who is clearly a Jew. :)

The topic for this thread was not "should we treat everyone nice".

You are doing what is called "mixing apples and oranges".

Pate was concerned about people hiding their aberrant beliefs behind a "label" 'other'.

freelight
November 4th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Have you been a satanist ?

Never, - my philosophical disposition and orientiation would not resonate with it. However,..perhaps a topic for its own thread, there are various 'brands' of 'satanism'.

Now the 'Lucifer' issue or 'Luciferian' philosophy is another issue, addressed elsewhere. See my sharings on the Church of Lucifer here (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113616).

daqq
November 4th, 2015, 12:34 PM
The topic for this thread was not "should we treat every nice".

Pate was concerned about people hiding their aberrant beliefs behind a "label" 'other'.

Learn to read if you are worried about "aberrant beliefs" hiding behind labels. If only you could read no one could pull the wool over your virgin eyes no matter how hard they try. Oh, those evil apples who poisoned our orange brother so long ago. By the way YOU are not an apple pretending to be an orange are you? :think:

:sherlock: Watching you from here on out . . .

Right Divider
November 4th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Learn to read if you are worried about "aberrant beliefs" hiding behind labels. If only you could read no one could pull the wool over your virgin eyes no matter how hard they try. Oh, those evil apples who poisoned our orange brother so long ago. By the way YOU are not an apple pretending to be an orange are you? :think:

:sherlock: Watching you from here on out . . .
I didn't start the thread and I have NO problem spotting aberrant doctrine which is unbiblical.

Though I did not completely understand your other post, the fact that you felt the need to mix Greek and English shows me enough to know that you have some strange ideas. That's how you made the list.

freelight
November 4th, 2015, 01:10 PM
The topic for this thread was not "should we treat every nice".

Welcome to the club.

Addressed him here (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4507335&postcount=164).

I will add more to a particular part of his OP -

Again, for those hard of hearing.....Knight gave the category "Other" for those who do not feel like using any of the labels available, although they may be close to some of those catagories or share a mix of them. That's why I asked Knight to give us more options as I shared earlier. Is that too difficult to understand? If we are ONLY given 'Other' as an 'umbrella-label' since there are not any catagories available to choose that we would pick, then that's not our fault,....its the only 'fall-back' option to choose.

I could just as well pick 'Pagan' or 'Hindu', and I have before, and tossle with the best Christian apologists here, holding my own. Your particular religious tradition has no monopoly on truth. I would call you to address the ideas, concepts, principles, themes being discussed, not one's name-tag.

As far as your assumption that 'Other' folks are using that label to hide(???) aberrant beliefs,..I find that somewhat ridiculous....since they are not masquerading under the appellation of 'Christian', like some here might be doing. Perhaps you should be complaining that some 'identifying' as 'Christian' are not really 'Christians' so should pick some 'other' category,...would that make you happy? - again,....there are different definitions/versions of 'Christianity', so you have a mixed fruit basket there, unless you're holding to a strict form of traditional-orthodox creedal Christianity with all its specific terms and technology.

I address the thread title 'assumption' again. Using the example of ANYONE choosing to use the label 'Other' (for their own personal reasons) as NOT being your 'brother' is rather juvenile (to be kind).

freelight
November 4th, 2015, 01:16 PM

Aumen brother :)

Paul quotes from greek and pagan poets or philosophers, since universal truths are not the sole property of any one person, cult-ure or religious tradition. We are all the offspring of God.

patrick jane
November 4th, 2015, 01:21 PM

wouldn't you think that when Paul spoke to "non-believers" he was convincing them to believe, while at the same time there were believers mixed within the "non-believers" ?

daqq
November 4th, 2015, 04:32 PM
wouldn't you think that when Paul spoke to "non-believers" he was convincing them to believe, while at the same time there were believers mixed within the "non-believers" ?

It seems that according to the first chapter of Romans every person is essentially a "believer" on the inside but the question then becomes who is willing to confess and admit it when such a one actually hears the truth? Thus Paul relates to these "unbelievers" by way of an "unknown God" which they had made some sort of monument to, "just in case", and proceeds to expound the Creator of the universe by way of this door having been opened unto him. In the allegory of the wheat and the tares then, once again, the tares are growing up with the wheat, that is, the "believer", but the tares are whatsoever causes unbelief, including and especially doctrine, (every devil has its doctrine). The fields are the mind, eyes, and thoughts of the heart and mind of the man; the war is between the spiritual-supernal and the flesh minded carnal man whose god is his belly because he walks like the serpent from the beginning, and like Esau, according to his belly, (Esau man will trade his birthright for a bowl of soup). We wrestle not with flesh and blood and we war in the high places of the field:

Judges 5:12-21
12. Awake, awake, Deborah: awake, awake, utter a song: arise, Barak, and lead thy captivity captive, thou son of Abinoam.
13. Then he made him that remaineth have dominion over the nobles among the people: YHWH made me have dominion over the mighty.
14. Out of Ephraim came down they whose root is in Amalek; after thee, Benjamin, among thy people; out of Machir came down governors, and out of Zebulun they that handle the pen of the writer.
15. And the princes of Issachar were with Deborah; even Issachar, and also Barak: he was sent on foot into the valley. For the divisions of Reuben there were great thoughts of heart.
16. Why abodest thou among the sheepfolds, to hear the bleatings of the flocks? For the divisions of Reuben there were great searchings of heart.
17. Gilead abode beyond Jordan: and why did Dan remain in ships? Asher continued on the sea shore, and abode in his breaches.
18. Zebulun and Naphtali were a people that jeoparded their lives unto the death in the high places of the field.
19. The kings came and fought, then fought the kings of Canaan in Taanach by the waters of Megiddo; they took no gain of money.
20. They fought from heaven; the stars in their courses fought against Sisera.
21. The river of Kishon swept them away, that ancient river, the river Kishon. O my soul, thou hast trodden down strength!

Revelation 12:7-11
7. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8. And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our Elohim, and the power of His Messiah: for the Accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our Elohim day and night.
11. And they overcame him through the blood of the Lamb, and through the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood but rather in the high places of the fields of the heart and mind. Those who would point the finger at others and say that another human being is a devil are themselves deceived and not keeping the commandments of Messiah, or Peter, or Paul. They have already lost the opening battle because they do not understand who and what they truly need to be waring against. The kingdom of Elohim is within us.

chrysostom
November 4th, 2015, 04:45 PM
we are all brothers in Christ

Wick Stick
November 5th, 2015, 02:47 PM
If you truly want to understand this theology, (and Paul) perhaps a trip down memory lane to Tzaddukim Dameseq would be in order. The same goes for Leukos "the White", ("the Physician") you know who Azariah the son of Hananiah-Ananias the great is, correct? Yea, Saul met him at Zadokite Damascus if I remember correctly, (and I do) and the scales fell from his eyes. :)
I know who the historic personage Azariah Ben Annas was. I'm not sure you are referring the man, though. You tend to go for the supernal over the literal.

So then, how do I get to supernal Damascus from here (and is the destination quite so important as the road there)? I wandered down memory lane long enough to remember your internet residence at sheshbezzar. I read your article on the House of Ananus and the 8th Day of Atonement.

It still seems that you are positing Lazarus (and Luke, and Simon the leper, and Azariah) as spirit two out of seven. Not physically I suppose, but in the interpretatino.

If I'm understanding correctly (probably not), then I don't think I buy the sevenfold spirits of God and the four beasts as being major metaphorical constructs of the Bible. Or at least, I don't agree that they are the same construct. As far as I can tell, the beasties belong to the dark, and the spirit(s) of God to the light.

As usual, you draw some fascinating parallels and connect some dots that I hadn't thought to draw lines between.

Jarrod

ok doser
November 5th, 2015, 02:55 PM

not according to the squeakster

according to squeaky, we're all intellectual idiots

User Name
November 5th, 2015, 03:02 PM

m48xii7ndcg

Ben Masada
November 5th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Eternal life isn't offered through the Catholic religious system. The Grace Gospel as Paul preached it offers, forgiveness of sin, the righteousness of Christ, a position in the Body of Christ, the sealing, indwelling, and baptism (not by water)
into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit. It also guarantees eternal life.

There is absolutely nothing eternal about man. If you read Genesis 3:22, the Lord banned Adam & Eve from the Garden of Eden to prevent them from eating of the tree of life and lived forever. The point in this allegory was that of all the Divine attributes granted to man, eternal life could not be one of them. Only God is eternal; man is mortal

daqq
November 5th, 2015, 03:41 PM
I know who the historic personage Azariah Ben Annas was. I'm not sure you are referring the man, though. You tend to go for the supernal over the literal.

So then, how do I get to supernal Damascus from here (and is the destination quite so important as the road there)? I wandered down memory lane long enough to remember your internet residence at sheshbezzar. I read your article on the House of Ananus and the 8th Day of Atonement.

It still seems that you are positing Lazarus (and Luke, and Simon the leper, and Azariah) as spirit two out of seven. Not physically I suppose, but in the interpretatino.

If I'm understanding correctly (probably not), then I don't think I buy the sevenfold spirits of God and the four beasts as being major metaphorical constructs of the Bible. Or at least, I don't agree that they are the same construct. As far as I can tell, the beasties belong to the dark, and the spirit(s) of God to the light.

As usual, you draw some fascinating parallels and connect some dots that I hadn't thought to draw lines between.

Jarrod

To come boldly unto the throne of grace one must be overlain with gold having been tried in the fire, (purchased from Messiah, Rev 3:18) and become olive wood, (a process of grafting in by immersion into the scripture and the washing of water in the word) and one must have the countenance of the Lion of Yhudah, (O ye four-faced Cherubim). And when they enter in they go no more out because they are become pillars in the temple, (Rev 3:12). But first two parts in the Land of the man must breathe out his last, (Zechariah 13:7-9, Matthew 26:31-32) and what shall remain are the face of a man and the face of a young lion of Yhudah: a palm tree and a Cherub, a palm tree and a Cherub, roundabout the house. :)

daqq
November 5th, 2015, 04:00 PM

Haha, that was not what I meant by memory lane, try Tobit, you will find scaly eyes and a Physician in that account also. As for Damascus the authorities at Yerushalaim likely did not have any authority, to seize and bring back to the inner city for prosecution, in the Damascus which we know of today, in modern Syria, but rather had that kind of authority over their Zadokite brethren, that is Qumran Damascus, (where Saul was sent and where he met Ananias).

Several different analogies involved here and they certainly speak of different things. The Seraphim have six wings to the one but there is always the problem of that Nicolaus proselyte-sojourner of Antioch.

False Prophet
November 5th, 2015, 04:11 PM
That monk who has any satori goes right into hell like a flying arrow.

Robert Pate
November 5th, 2015, 04:18 PM

You cannot be my brother in Christ and reject the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. Which you do.

That is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

beloved57
November 5th, 2015, 05:23 PM
You cannot be my brother in Christ and reject the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ. Which you do.

That is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You dont believe those scriptures and you reject the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ, Calvinism!

daqq
November 5th, 2015, 05:24 PM

Your OP title does not say "brother in Christ" and there is a difference. :crackup:

Robert Pate
November 5th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Your OP title does not say "brother in Christ" and there is a difference. :crackup:

Nor does your mast head say "Christian".

Wick Stick
November 5th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Haha, that was not what I meant by memory lane, try Tobit, you will find scaly eyes and a Physician in that account also. As for Damascus the authorities at Yerushalaim likely did not have any authority, to seize and bring back to the inner city for prosecution, in the Damascus which we know of today, in modern Syria, but rather had that kind of authority over their Zadokite brethren, that is Qumran Damascus, (where Saul was sent and where he met Ananias).
Long time since I read Tobit, and I remember thinking it made a lovely bedtime story. Anyhow... interesting! A completely different Azariah than I had in mind. Or... is it? (cue spooky music)

How exactly do the dots connect between Qumran and the son of Annus, though? The Essenes were more-than-a-little hostile to the Zadokiy of the temple cult. "Wicked Priest" I believe is the phrase. I don't see any son of Annus finding a welcome there.

Several different analogies involved here and they certainly speak of different things. The Seraphim have six wings to the one but there is always the problem of that Nicolaus proselyte-sojourner of Antioch.Is this a merkabah discussion? Seems to me you might have confuted the Seraphim and the Thronoi (the 4 beasts). They are linked I suppose, but Dionysius draws a distinction between those 2 and the Cherubim. Maybe you have somewhat to add to him? I was never too sure of Celestial Hierarchy. When the author's first name is "psuedo" it's usually not a good sign.

Jarrod

daqq
November 5th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Long time since I read Tobit, and I remember thinking it made a lovely bedtime story. Anyhow... interesting! A completely different Azariah than I had in mind. Or... is it? (cue spooky music)

I "assumed" you had read Tobit and, hence, "memory lane". As for Azariah being the same, see Daniel 1:6, and keep the spooky music playing. :)

How exactly do the dots connect between Qumran and the son of Annus, though? The Essenes were more-than-a-little hostile to the Zadokiy of the temple cult. "Wicked Priest" I believe is the phrase. I don't see any son of Annus finding a welcome there.

You know that the Essene community was ruled by Tzaddukim, correct? Perhaps take a look here (http://www.pseudepigrapha.com/pseudepigrapha/zadokite.html). And, yes, they vehemently opposed the "inner city" flesh eaters but they were indeed brethren of the house of Tzadok. Perhaps the renegade Theophilus Ananus may have hidden there with his brethren for a while? I wonder if Saul was looking for him? If so, what an irony that would be, eh? that is, to have the one you were seeking to detain end up coming to you and putting his hands upon your eyes in the name of Yeshua so that you may regain your sight? :crackup:

Is this a merkabah discussion? Seems to me you might have confuted the Seraphim and the Thronoi (the 4 beasts). They are linked I suppose, but Dionysius draws a distinction between those 2 and the Cherubim. Maybe you have somewhat to add to him? I was never too sure of Celestial Hierarchy. When the author's first name is "psuedo" it's usually not a good sign.

Jarrod

Twenty four prophets including Yochanan the Immerser and the Torah and the Prophets prophesied until Yochanan. Four Seraphim with six wings are twenty four elders roundabout the throne. The throne of Elohim is the `araphel in the heavens of the man, each and every man, whether he or she knows it or not. Your heavenly Father is in your heavens; and whatsoever you shall loose upon your earth shall be loosed in your heavens, and whatsoever you shall bind upon your earth shall be bound in your heavens, for every man is the Land. Dionysius I do not know. :)

freelight
November 5th, 2015, 10:13 PM

I gather your perspective is 'backwards'...since 'satori (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satori)' is the awakening and realization of one's true nature, - understanding/comprehension,...enlightenment. When you have 'satori',....you realize 'heaven' is 'ever-present', since you realize your own 'God-nature', your true spirit-essence. (the light of awareness at the root of your recognition of "I Am").

'Hell' is just a metaphor for error, ignorance, non-reality, suffering, illusion.

patrick jane
November 5th, 2015, 10:22 PM
I gather your perspective is 'backwards'...since 'satori (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satori)' is the awakening and realization of one's true nature, - understanding/comprehension,...enlightenment. When you have 'satori',....you realize 'heaven' is 'ever-present', since you realize your own 'God-nature', your true spirit-essence. (the light of awareness at the root of your recognition of "I Am").

'Hell' is just a metaphor for error, ignorance, non-reality, suffering, illusion.

I thought it was called Unagi !!!!

Wick Stick
November 9th, 2015, 01:19 PM
You know that the Essene community was ruled by Tzaddukim, correct? Perhaps take a look here (http://www.pseudepigrapha.com/pseudepigrapha/zadokite.html).
I did not remember it this way, so I had to go do my homework.

Scholarship does not seem to be nearly as agreed on this as they were 10 years ago. The idea that the Qumran community was an important center of Jewish life seems to have gone by the wayside. It seems to be accepted that the sect practicing the Community Rule was a little more widespread, and connected with a number of towns and cities. There is some doubt as to whether "Essenes" is the correct moniker for the group.

Whether the people who wrote the scrolls were "Essenes" or not, or connected to Qumran, they certainly identified their founder as "Zadok," as also the more familiar Sadducees of the New Testament. A prominent Jewish rabbi wrote something lengthy about common doctrinal positions between the two sects, it seems.

Yet, they do not self-identify as Zadokiy in their writings, and their Zadok appears to be the Teacher of Righteousness (Tsedeq/Zadok), rather than the Hasmonean heir literally descended from the priest named Zadok under the reign of Solomon.

My judgment (do I get one?) based on experience in history and mythology of the ANE suggests that the two groups came from common origin, and had some catastrophic split. Nobody can hate a catholic like an ex-catholic, and vice versa. Likewise nobody could hate the "Zadokiy" of the temple more than the "Zadokiy" of the wilderness.

And, yes, they vehemently opposed the "inner city" flesh eaters but they were indeed brethren of the house of Tzadok. Perhaps the renegade Theophilus Ananus may have hidden there with his brethren for a while? I wonder if Saul was looking for him? If so, what an irony that would be, eh? that is, to have the one you were seeking to detain end up coming to you and putting his hands upon your eyes in the name of Yeshua so that you may regain your sight? :crackup:
Fun theory, but a tough one to prove or disprove. I still trip over any association between the House of Annas and the Qumran community. Such was explicitly forbidden, it seems.

Also, it seems Jesus taught directly against several of the rules of the Damascus document, such as gleaning on the Sabbath, associating with sinners and Gentiles, and breaking the Sabbath in order to save a life. All of these points are captured rather intentionally in the gospels, it seems. Did Luke write his gospel against the Damascus document? It seems he might have.

Twenty four prophets including Yochanan the Immerser and the Torah and the Prophets prophesied until Yochanan. Four Seraphim with six wings are twenty four elders roundabout the throne.
5 books of Moses + 4 major prophets + 12 minor prophets + John equals 22. Who are the other 2? David?

The throne of Elohim is the `araphel in the heavens of the man, each and every man, whether he or she knows it or not. Your heavenly Father is in your heavens; and whatsoever you shall loose upon your earth shall be loosed in your heavens, and whatsoever you shall bind upon your earth shall be bound in your heavens, for every man is the Land. Dionysius I do not know. :)
(Pseudo)Dionysius wrote a book called Celestial Hierarchy in the 4th or 5th century. It's either a mystical Christian book about the orders of the heavens and angels, or it's meant to be interpreted. Possibly both.

The famous quote "as above, so below" is purportedly from this book (although I seem to find the same idea much earlier in Egyptian Hermeticism).

Jarrod

Ben Masada
November 9th, 2015, 04:38 PM

How about you FP, where do you think you are going to when you kick the buck, not to hell? We won't see it but that's where we are all heading to whether we want it or not. That's reality.

daqq
November 15th, 2015, 05:37 AM
5 books of Moses + 4 major prophets + 12 minor prophets + John equals 22. Who are the other 2? David?

Hmmm, does Peter say that David is a prophet in Acts 2:30? in his discourse quoting from Psalm 16:8-11 in Acts 2:25-31? Also tradition says that Moses wrote not only Psalm 90 but the ten Psalms beginning with Psalm 90. In John 10:34 Yeshua implies that the Psalms are "law", for he says, "Is it not written in your law?", and then quotes from Psalm 82:6. The Psalms are at the very least statutes and ordinances because so much of them are penned at the hands of kings, (and therefore "kings law"). For instance Ahaz-Hezekiah is believed to have penned at least fourteen of the fifteen "Psalms of Ascent", "Psalms of the Steps", or "Psalms of Degrees", (likely in reference to the ten steps or degrees on the sundial of Ahaz which were a sign and added fifteen years to his lifespan along with the promise that he would be healed and go up into the house of YHWH in the Third Day). If therefore King David was a Prophet I see no problem with him being called an Elder in the Throne Room. :)

freelight
November 15th, 2015, 05:02 PM
~*~*~

Adding to some real truth-smack shared earlier here (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4508147&postcount=182),

You might do well to get beyond 'labels', since you cant judge a book by its cover. You may also do well to consider that some have an aversion of even using the label 'Christian' because of misrepresentation and mal-behavior passed off under such an appellation. In this case, you cant blame the offended, but those tarnishing the denomination.

aikido7
November 15th, 2015, 05:47 PM

When Christians use "Christian" on their mast head we atleast know that they are not ashamed of what they are. But "Other"? What's an other? In my book it is an "Other" unbeliever.Whenever we feel part of a group that others name-call, condemn and damn to another place, we can easily feel despair and hopelessness.

If we can comfort ourselves, we will learn understanding of others treated similarly and find a moral way out of the whole mess.

We then become a member of the group of wounded healers.
Those who have been hurt themselves--and have bravely learned to face their own issues because of this hurtful treatment--can learn and grow in any one of the "helping professions."

In a time where the world is being destroyed and collapsing around us in slow motion, healers and helpers will be necessary and help develop a moral ethic as the human race folds in on itself.

***Those who claim the moniker "OTHER" are part of the "believers in exile" who have felt marginalized from "belief-based" Christianity. Some are actually atheists, many are former believers and others are adamant that Christian spirituality be intellectually honest.

***Jesus commanded to love our enemies. The feared stranger is always "the other."

***Those "others" that Jesus ate with, drank with and celebrated connection, healing and life were the homeless, the destitute and the cultural cast-offs.

It is an upsetting prospect to enter into fellowship with those our churches and society regard as human trash. When Jesus sent out his disciples in pairs to share food and heal the residents of a village, the distance between the itinerant and the householder was daunting. The first step into the household was an infinite gap.

False Prophet
November 15th, 2015, 06:25 PM
This does not surprise us. Even Satan changes himself to look like an angel of light. 2 Cor 11:14
Satan uses religious labels too!

Hedshaker
November 15th, 2015, 09:31 PM
~*~*~

Adding to some real truth-smack shared earlier here (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4508147&postcount=182),

You might do well to get beyond 'labels', since you cant judge a book by its cover. You may also do well to consider that some have an aversion of even using the label 'Christian' because of misrepresentation and mal-behavior passed off under such an appellation. In this case, you cant blame the offended, but those tarnishing the denomination.

Good point :thumb:

Other can apply to those on both sides of the fence. If you don't much care for any of the labels on offer then Other is the only option, really.

Quincy
November 15th, 2015, 11:46 PM

Christian
Protestant Christian
LDS -
Mormon
Jehovah's Witness
Jewish
Messianic Jew
Muslim
Hindu
Buddhist
Agnostic
Atheist
Wiccan
Satanist
Pagan
Other

- Unitarian-Universalist
- Deist
- Theosophist
- Spiritualist
- Gnostic
- Humanist
- Eclectic

I can understand why this forum may not be right for Gnostics and Spiritualists (if you mean the psychic medium or divination types) but I agree, there are many more religions out there that could work on TOL and the ones you listed would be nice to see.

I think the label Pagan might be a bit too broad, like Other is. There are many types of pagans, from druids to kemetics but I don't know if anyone who would actually participate here would be one of those. I remember this forum having Wicca folks on it in the past but it was more busy back then.

Then came Reddit, :chuckle: .

Truster
November 16th, 2015, 09:58 AM
I have ''other'' and two lines below I give an explanation. The disciples were first called Messianists at Antioch and not ''christians''.

PS having explained that I would never call anyone brother that was not confirmed as being one.

freelight
November 17th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Good point :thumb:

Other can apply to those on both sides of the fence. If you don't much care for any of the labels on offer then Other is the only option, really.

Glory in being "other"

:)

If you want to get 'technical' about it.....'God' is recognized as 'other' in the OT......describing his 'holiness', being unique, one of a kind, separate,....so hey....we who are 'other' are kinda in God's category :) - after all, we are his offspring ;)

We all are individual expressions of one universal consciousness, the Infinite itself.

Nothing wrong with sporting a label or belonging to a particular religious denomination or tradition,...unless one's identification with a particular label is misappropriated.

Quincy
November 17th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Glory in being "other"

:)

If you want to get 'technical' about it.....'God' is recognized as 'other' in the OT......describing his 'holiness', being unique, one of a kind, separate,....so hey....we who are 'other' are kinda in God's category :) - after all, we are his offspring ;)

We all are individual expressions of one universal consciousness, the Infinite itself.

Nothing wrong with sporting a label or belonging to a particular religious denomination or tradition,...unless one's identification with a particular label is misappropriated.

I've always believed that a person's actions and words do more to indicate what kind of person he or she is. A bible salesman might rob you blind while a tattoo artist covered in tattoos and piercings might be the kindest person you've known. Labels, appearances and such can be misleading. We can't know what someone thinks deep down until they show it.

aikido7
November 17th, 2015, 11:47 PM
This does not surprise us. Even Satan changes himself to look like an angel of light. 2 Cor 11:14
Satan uses religious labels too!Satan's pain is that he is hidden from God.

aikido7
November 17th, 2015, 11:54 PM
Oh the workings of the liberal mind..... :chew:Yep. Work, work, work is all I do around here.
Not only do I have to slave away studying to separate history from theology and the earthly Jesus from the exalted Christ, I work to try and make sure my comments are communicated in forms that allow the reader to understand where I am coming from.

It's no walk in the park to read and understand a poster who has been condemned as "disruptive" and "blasphemous." Even though those general titles are NEVER explained in ways that would be understood by any native speaker of English.

They are way to generalized to make any legitimate meaning.

aikido7
November 18th, 2015, 12:15 AM
Well, that is not much help as to who the "others" are....The "others" are those who are forced to carry the burden of the in-group's shadow side.

Those who are unconscious of their own inner darkness usually project it out onto others so they won't have to process it.

Experience has taught us that we have only one enduring weapon in our struggle against mental illness: the emotional discovery and emotional acceptance of the truth in the individual and unique history of our childhood.

Contempt of others is the weapon of the weak--and a defense against one's own despised and unwanted feelings.

False Prophet
November 18th, 2015, 09:12 PM
The sophist is your brother.

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 11:29 PM
Yep. Work, work, work is all I do around here.Not only do I have to slave away studying to separate history from theology and the earthly Jesus from the exalted Christ, I work to try and make sure my comments are communicated in forms that allow the reader to understand where I am coming from.

It's no walk in the park to read and understand a poster who has been condemned as "disruptive" and "blasphemous." Even though those general titles are NEVER explained in ways that would be understood by any native speaker of English.

They are way to generalized to make any legitimate meaning.

The "others" are those who are forced to carry the burden of the in-group's shadow side.

Those who are unconscious of their own inner darkness usually project it out onto others so they won't have to process it.

Experience has taught us that we have only one enduring weapon in our struggle against mental illness: the emotional discovery and emotional acceptance of the truth in the individual and unique history of our childhood.

Contempt of others is the weapon of the weak--and a defense against one's own despised and unwanted feelings.

Have you ever stopped to consider that you might be overdramatizing things? That you're working too hard? It's as though you are searching as hard as you can for something to stew over.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 19th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Have you ever stopped to consider that you might be overdramatizing things? That you're working too hard? It's as though you are searching as hard as you can for something to stew over.

Yeah. A7 is a little strange.

Grosnick Marowbe
November 19th, 2015, 12:07 AM
The "others" are those who are forced to carry the burden of the in-group's shadow side.

Spoken well Dr. Sigmund Freud. You're an outstanding mind in a
world full of insane patients. Think of yourself in that way.

patrick jane
November 19th, 2015, 12:10 AM

I think you're on to something there, aikido7

freelight
November 19th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Satan's pain is that he is hidden from God.

How can anyone or anything be hidden from what is omniscient ? I gather were you might be going with this,...but perhaps rewording the 'metaphor' might add some perks here?

Hedshaker
November 19th, 2015, 02:52 PM

Well, if you really want to get 'technical' about it..... God beliefs and spiritual beliefs and notions of infinity do not actually reflect reality, they reflect personal beliefs, which are so vast and varied one would have to be extremely lucky to adapt the correct belief even if there really is one, which is by far not assured. Only reality reflects reality. Technically, truth and reality cares not one whit about beliefs. It remains what it is. Always has and always will :)

aikido7
November 19th, 2015, 02:57 PM

When Christians use "Christian" on their mast head we atleast know that they are not ashamed of what they are. But "Other"? What's an other? In my book it is an "Other" unbeliever.It makes more sense to me to go directly to those who use the word “Other” in their TOL icons. When we spill our guts to others instead of the person we should actually be talking to, communication can easily get toxic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangulation_(psychology)

Triangulation is a situation in which one family member will not communicate directly with another family member, but will communicate with a third family member, which can lead to the third family member becoming part of the triangle. The concept originated in the study of dysfunctional family systems, but can describe behaviors in other systems as well, including work.

Triangulation can also be a form of "splitting" in which one person plays the third family member against one that he or she is upset about. This is playing the two people against each other, but usually the person doing the splitting will also engage in character assassination, only with both parties.

aikido7
November 19th, 2015, 02:58 PM
I think you're on to something there, aikido7
You almost have to first become accountable for your own projections on to others before you can do something about it.

aikido7
November 19th, 2015, 03:00 PM
How can anyone or anything be hidden from what is omniscient ? I gather were you might be going with this,...but perhaps rewording the 'metaphor' might add some perks here?When we Christians sin, we are hiding ourselves from God. When we sin by doing evil, we are crying out for God even though we are severely confused and temporarily lost.

Violence is a dysfunctional method of dealing with our own unexamined suffering.

aikido7
November 19th, 2015, 08:30 PM
Have you ever stopped to consider that you might be overdramatizing things? That you're working too hard? It's as though you are searching as hard as you can for something to stew over.I simply think I am more transparent to myself than you are.

Most of my jobs involved recognizing and working with the positive intention that lies beneath all human beings’ actions. And many of these people were deemed disposable to society because most people felt they themselves were “working too hard” to recognize them or to minister to them.

Projection is fairly well established these days as a normal human impulse. Jesus spoke of it 2,000 years ago.

I’m glad that there are some people around whose gift to Creation is to study the inner life of others. And I am also grateful to those who feel a calling to work in a hospital burn unit healing the bodies and the souls of those unfortunate people.

We need to find our God-given gifts and use them to help usher in the Kingdom of God on earth.

glorydaz
November 19th, 2015, 08:36 PM
I simply think I am more transparent to myself than you are.

No, but you sure do like to think that. It's because you esteem yourself more highly than you do anyone else. :chuckle:

aikido7
November 20th, 2015, 04:00 AM
No, but you sure do like to think that. It's because you esteem yourself more highly than you do anyone else. :chuckle:I am never afraid to be accountable for my own stupidity, spiritual pride or hypocrisy. I am able to live life more honestly that way.

Anytime I read a post like yours, I cannot get reactive and cruel because I am blessed by Jesus to see the truth in any and all criticisms of me.

I DO love myself and I remain proud of my accomplishments, but I also have a deep sense of empathy that allows me to celebrate the humanity in just about everyone else.

Ben Masada
November 20th, 2015, 02:50 PM
I have ''other'' and two lines below I give an explanation. The disciples were first called Messianists at Antioch and not ''christians''.

PS having explained that I would never call anyone brother that was not confirmed as being one.

If you are referring to the apostles of Jesus, that's not true. Read Acts 11:26. Paul, after a whole year in Antioch preaching about Jesus as Christ, the Nazarenes converted by the Apostles, especially Peter started being called Christians. Paul had overturned the synagogue of the Nazarenes into a Christian church.

Truster
November 20th, 2015, 02:56 PM
If you are referring to the apostles of Jesus, that's not true. Read Acts 11:26. Paul, after a whole year in Antioch preaching about Jesus as Christ, the Nazarenes converted by the Apostles, especially Peter started being called Christians. Paul had overturned the synagogue of the Nazarenes into a Christian church.

The term used at Antioch was Messianist. It is mistranslated as Christian.

Messianist = all those who trust and learn from The Messiah.

Ben Masada
November 20th, 2015, 03:12 PM

Are you implying that I should take your word for it instead of what has been written in the NT? Ask other Christians if they prefer to be called Messianists instead of Christians.

Truster
November 20th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Are you implying that I should take your word for it instead of what has been written in the NT? Ask other Christians if they prefer to be called Messianists instead of Christians.

I am neither implying that you should take my word for it nor comprehend it. I have a cupboard under my stairs that has more light than you.

daqq
November 20th, 2015, 05:18 PM

Messianist = all those who trust and learn from The Messiah.

:) There is some merit to what you say:

John 1:41 KJV
41. He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

John 1:41 Transliterated
41. Heuriskei houtos proton ton adelfon ton idion Simona kai legei auto, "Heurekamen ton Messian (ho-estin methermeneuomenon Christos)!"

"We have found the Messiah, (which is with-hermeneutic-interpretation, Christos)!"

And Young's goes even a step further with the understanding of Christos:

John 1:41 YLT
41. this one doth first find his own brother Simon, and saith to him, 'We have found the Messiah,' (which is, being interpreted, The Anointed, )

And since there is no article with Christos it may even be understood as "Anointed One". :)

Truster
November 20th, 2015, 06:01 PM
:) There is some merit to what you say:

John 1:41 KJV
41. He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

John 1:41 Transliterated
41. Heuriskei houtos proton ton adelfon ton idion Simona kai legei auto, "Heurekamen ton Messian (ho-estin methermeneuomenon Christos)!"

"We have found the Messiah, (which is with-hermeneutic-interpretation, Christos)!"

And Young's goes even a step further with the understanding of Christos:

John 1:41 YLT
41. this one doth first find his own brother Simon, and saith to him, 'We have found the Messiah,' (which is, being interpreted, The Anointed, )

And since there is no article with Christos it may even be understood as "Anointed One". :)

Christos means anointed, but the Greeks used the term in relation to all their idols. Messiah is a transliteration of the Hebrew mashiach and is specific. Anointed of Yah.

The correct translation of John 1:41 is; ....we have found the Messias, which is, being translated, the Messiah.

daqq
November 20th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Christos means anointed, but the Greeks used the term in relation to all their idols. Messiah is a transliteration of the Hebrew mashiach and is specific. Anointed of Yah.

The correct translation of John 1:41 is; ....we have found the Messias, which is, being translated, the Messiah.

Can you show any place in the Hebrew where mashiyach has the definite article? :)

Truster
November 21st, 2015, 02:10 AM
Can you show any place in the Hebrew where mashiyach has the definite article? :)

Daniel 9:25 interestingly 9:26 does not so it proves the point. (Just noticed the link is NKJV so doesn't have it) NIV has ''the Anointed One''.

John 1:41 has the definite article, but John 4:25 does not.

Bearing in mind the mis-translations that place Christ instead of Messiah in the NT there would be a few more Matt 16:16 and :20 being two.

freelight
November 23rd, 2015, 10:35 PM
Daniel 9:25 interestingly 9:26 does not so it proves the point. (Just noticed the link is NKJV so doesn't have it) NIV has ''the Anointed One''.

John 1:41 has the definite article, but John 4:25 does not.

Bearing in mind the mis-translations that place Christ instead of Messiah in the NT there would be a few more Matt 16:16 and :20 being two.

Apples, oranges? :crackup:

It only appears in Antioch that believers in Jesus were first called 'Christians', but the original apostles and disciples of Jesus in the Jerusalem Community,...didn't necessarily take on that 'name' that came about in Gentile communities influenced by the gospel of Paul. Paul was not fully accepted by the original apostles as much as the writer of Acts would have one believe, as his conflict with Peter and the repeated attempt at his life for preaching against the Jewish law and customs attests. He was about run out of Jerusalem and stoned to death on a few occasions.

The pillars (James, Peter and John) held to most of the fundamentals/customs of Judaism with some innovations/modifications wrought by Jesus). We might also note that there were some called 'Chrestians' and followers of 'Chrestus' or 'Chrestos' in some accounts, so these groups may or may have not been followers of Jesus, but some other messianic figure or 'concept'.

A good deal of the period from 70 AD to the 2nd century are left in obscurity, as the evolution of the followers of Jesus took on its own nuances and developments, to the point that so called 'Christianity' by the 3rd century onward was quite different than what the original apostles in Jerusalem held to, morphing into its own religion.

But perhaps we digress ;)

patrick jane
November 23rd, 2015, 10:50 PM
Apples, oranges? :crackup:

It only appears in Antioch that believers in Jesus were first called 'Christians', but the original apostles and disciples of Jesus in the Jerusalem Community,...didn't necessarily take on that 'name' that came about in Gentile communities influenced by the gospel of Paul. Paul was not fully accepted by the original apostles as much as the writer of Acts would have one believe, as his conflict with Peter and the repeated attempt at his life for preaching against the Jewish law and customs attests. He was about run out of Jerusalem and stoned to death on a few occasions.

Luke was the writer of Acts.

All the Apostles and brethren accepted Paul completely and understood he had a new dispensation.

Galatians 2:7 KJV - Galatians 2:8 KJV - Galatians 2:9 KJV -

Ben Masada
November 25th, 2015, 01:35 PM
I am neither implying that you should take my word for it nor comprehend it. I have a cupboard under my stairs that has more light than you.

That's what happens when posters don't quote what they post. They expect us take their word for it. And about the light in the cupboard under your stairs, they remind me that you have never read the Essay of Mark Twain about the Jews. Here it is for your eyes only:

THE ESSAY OF MARK TWAIN ABOUT THE JEWS

"If the statistics are right, the Jews constitute but one percent of the human race. It suggests a nebulous dim puff of star dust lost in the blaze of the Milky Way.

Properly the Jew ought hardly to be heard of, but he is heard of, has always been heard of. He is as prominent on the planet as any other people, and his commercial importance is extravagantly out of proportion to the smallness of his bulk.

His contributions to the world's list of great names in literature, science, art, music, finance, medicine, and abstruse learning are also way out of proportion to the weakness of his numbers.

He has made a marvelous fight in the world, in all the ages; and has done it with his hands tied behind him. He could be vain of himself, and be excused for it.

The Egyptian, the Babylonian, and the Persian rose, filled the planet with sound and splendor, then faded to dream-stuff and passed away; the Greek and the Roman followed suit, and made a vast noise, and they are gone. Other peoples have sprung up and held their torch high for a time, but it has burned out, and they sit either in twilight now, or have vanished.

The Jew saw them all, beat them all, and is now what he always was, exhibiting no decadence, no infirmities of age, no weakening of his parts, no slowing of his energies, no dulling of his alert and aggressive mind. All things are mortal but the Jew; all other forces pass, but he remains. What is the secret of his immortality?

Mark Twain