PDA

View Full Version : Halloween is Pagan? So is eating Pork!

Drake Shelton
November 2nd, 2015, 03:22 AM
I find it disgustingly hypocritical when Pseudo Protestants refuse to observe Halloween because it's pagan yet eat Pork and worship on the day of the Sun, which are pagan.

musterion
November 2nd, 2015, 03:34 AM
I find it disgustingly hypocritical when Pseudo Protestants refuse to observe Halloween because it's pagan yet eat Pork and worship on the day of the Sun, which are pagan.

How is eating pork pagan?

Drake Shelton
November 2nd, 2015, 04:26 AM
How is eating pork pagan?

Isa. 65:3 A people who continually provoke Me to My face,
Offering sacrifices in gardens and burning incense on bricks;
4 Who sit among graves and spend the night in secret places;
Who eat swine’s flesh, And the broth of unclean meat is in their pots.

Here Isaiah associates eating swine with idolatry.

and again,

Isa. 66: 17 “Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go to the gardens,
[g]Following one in the center,
Who eat swine’s flesh, detestable things and mice,
Will come to an end altogether,” declares the Lord.

https://southernisraelite.wordpress.com/

musterion
November 2nd, 2015, 05:25 AM
Isa. 65:3 A people who continually provoke Me to My face,
Offering sacrifices in gardens and burning incense on bricks;
4 Who sit among graves and spend the night in secret places;
Who eat swine’s flesh, And the broth of unclean meat is in their pots.

Here Isaiah associates eating swine with idolatry.

and again,

Isa. 66: 17 “Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go to the gardens,
[g]Following one in the center,
Who eat swine’s flesh, detestable things and mice,
Will come to an end altogether,” declares the Lord.

https://southernisraelite.wordpress.com/

Do you own any wool blends?

Brother Vinny
November 2nd, 2015, 05:53 AM
Best defense of the celebration of Halloween I've seen. Kudos to Drake.

ok doser
November 2nd, 2015, 07:42 AM
you didn't pass out bacon to the kids again, did you? :doh:

Nick M
November 2nd, 2015, 07:45 AM

Don't expect an answer.

The funny part is the anti-Semitic Nazi wants to be a part of the Israelites that were set apart and not allowed to have bacon. He is one confused dude.

iouae
November 2nd, 2015, 07:59 AM
I think that imitating demons makes eating pork look benevolent.

beloved57
November 2nd, 2015, 08:40 AM
Halloween is Pagan? So is eating Pork

So is a false gospel !

OCTOBER23
November 2nd, 2015, 09:01 AM
Protestants are just Rebellious Pope hating Catholics.

ok doser
November 2nd, 2015, 09:04 AM
http://cutearoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Pig-and-pumpkin.jpg

bybee
November 2nd, 2015, 09:08 AM

Last week I watched a program on "Parasites within Me" (or some such title). The surgeon had made an incision into the large intestine of a patient and was pulling out dozens and dozens of worms. They were 3 to 6 inches long and his bowel was impacted with them. They appeared to be round worms which would not necessarily come from pork but Trichinosis does come from pork and I get totally unnerved at the thought of such an infestation.
I do celebrate Halloween as a totally secular event. Seeing the little kiddles in their costumes and handing out candy is such fun.
I also eat bacon and ham because they are smoked. I can't bring myself to eat any other pork for fear of infestation.

Drake Shelton
November 2nd, 2015, 11:56 AM

No I don't.

Drake Shelton
November 2nd, 2015, 11:59 AM
Best defense of the celebration of Halloween I've seen. Kudos to Drake.

No, no. I don't celebrate Halloween. I was criticizing the pseudo protestants. I don't celebrate any pagan holidays and do everything in the law of moses the new covenant allows me to.

Ktoyou
November 2nd, 2015, 12:00 PM
:wazzup:
You are a good example of a boring poster. One gaze at it, and one wishes to look elsewhere.

Ktoyou
November 2nd, 2015, 12:04 PM
I also eat bacon and ham because they are smoked. I can't bring myself to eat any other pork for fear of infestation.
I did hear some disturbing things on the news regarding bacon. It is not much an issue for me because I rarely eat it because it messes up my kitchen too much, the grease and all.

Pork chops and loin is fine with me.

ok doser
November 2nd, 2015, 12:05 PM
:wazzup:
You are a good example of a boring poster. One gaze at it, and one wishes to look elsewhere.

he's a lot more fun to read if you rearrange his name into "death snorkel" :banana:

Drake Shelton
November 2nd, 2015, 12:06 PM
Don't expect an answer.

The funny part is the anti-Semitic Nazi wants to be a part of the Israelites that were set apart and not allowed to have bacon. He is one confused dude.

Prove my confusion. Even if I did have a mixture of wool and linen it would not be sin because the Levite Priesthood is done away. That is why the prohibition was given. I bet you didn't know that did you?

tetelestai
November 2nd, 2015, 12:28 PM
No I don't.

You made a post on TOL on September 12, 2015 at 1:55pm HERE (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4449276&postcount=332)

September 12, 2015 was a Saturday, which according to the OT is a Sabbath day.

So, you violated the commandment of not working on the Sabbath.

tetelestai
November 2nd, 2015, 12:30 PM
the Levite Priesthood is done away. That is why the prohibition was given. I bet you didn't know that did you?

Where in the Bible did it say the Levite Priesthood was done away with?

genuineoriginal
November 2nd, 2015, 12:41 PM
Prove my confusion. Even if I did have a mixture of wool and linen it would not be sin because the Levite Priesthood is done away. That is why the prohibition was given. I bet you didn't know that did you?
The real reason the prohibition was given has to do with the properties of linen and wool in respect to air-flow, moisture, and heat.

Linen is a fabric that has a lot of air-flow, absorbs and evaporates moisture, and transfers heat easily, making it a great fabric to wear in hotter weather to keep cool.

Wool is an insulating fabric with low air-flow, holds moisture, and does not transfer heat easily, making it a great fabric to wear in cold weather to keep warm.

Weaving the two into a single cloth creates a fabric that is not good to wear in hot weather nor is it good to wear in cold weather.

Some Rabbis are under the mistaken impression that the prohibition is to keep lay people from wearing priestly garments, since priests are commanded to wear linen undergarments with wool outergarments.
But, even the priests are not wearing blended fabrics because the commandments say that the undergarments are made only of linen and the outergarments are made only of wool.

It is perfectly fine to wear separate garments of wool and of linen together, the prohibition was only against creating a fabric that had both wool and linen fibers in it.

jamie
November 2nd, 2015, 03:26 PM
Where in the Bible did it say the Levite Priesthood was done away with?

For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. (Hebrews 7:12 NKJV)

Ktoyou
November 2nd, 2015, 03:27 PM
I would post longer, but I have to turn over my pork chops now.

ok doser
November 2nd, 2015, 03:30 PM
you pagan! :sibbie:

jamie
November 2nd, 2015, 03:32 PM
September 12, 2015 was a Saturday, which according to the OT is a Sabbath day.

So, you violated the commandment of not working on the Sabbath.

Nope, priests worked on the Sabbath even in the Mosaic covenant.

Jesus said, "Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath and are blameless?"
(Matthew 12:5 NKJV)

Bright Raven
November 2nd, 2015, 03:52 PM
And your point is to hand out bacon on Halloween?

Nick M
November 2nd, 2015, 07:15 PM
I had breaded and fried pork chops for dinner. Thanks to Mrs. M.

musterion
November 2nd, 2015, 07:20 PM
I made thick burgers with an over-easy fried egg on top, and a side of butter beans with real crumbled bacon mixed in. Hoo doggies!

Angel4Truth
November 2nd, 2015, 07:44 PM
Last week I watched a program on "Parasites within Me" (or some such title). The surgeon had made an incision into the large intestine of a patient and was pulling out dozens and dozens of worms. They were 3 to 6 inches long and his bowel was impacted with them. They appeared to be round worms which would not necessarily come from pork but Trichinosis does come from pork and I get totally unnerved at the thought of such an infestation.
I do celebrate Halloween as a totally secular event. Seeing the little kiddles in their costumes and handing out candy is such fun.

You don't eat pepperoni? Do you like pizza?

Angel4Truth
November 2nd, 2015, 07:45 PM

http://static.chocoley.com/assets/users/0/files/images/bacon-chocolate-covered-bacon_284x364.jpg

Ktoyou
November 2nd, 2015, 07:46 PM
I had breaded and fried pork chops for dinner. Thanks to Mrs. M.

I had two pork chops with rice of top, great northern beans and mushroom soup as a topping, made thick. Very yummy:)

Ktoyou
November 2nd, 2015, 07:47 PM
I made thick burgers with an over-easy fried egg on top, and a side of butter beans with real crumbled bacon mixed in. Hoo doggies!

Love butter beans! :)

Desert Reign
November 2nd, 2015, 08:12 PM

What's a pseudo protestant? A Catholic in disguise?

But seriously, thank you for pointing out that Sunday is the day of the Sun. I didn't know that before. I am sure now that Sunday is a day to be avoided. Come to think of it, Thursday is Thor's day and Wednesday is Woden's Day and Saturday is Saturn's Day. So I think we should avoid doing anything on those days just in case it upsets God. Or you. Of course we would also need to stop breathing as well, to be properly safe.

Oh, and I forgot Monday, Moon Day. And then there's... Oh well.

Sorry for exggerating. You were only concerned about worshipping God on those days. I guess I will just have to worship God on the remaining days (if there are any). That sounds more reasonable, don't you think?

tetelestai
November 3rd, 2015, 02:23 PM
For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. (Hebrews 7:12 NKJV)

Correct, the priesthood changed when Christ Jesus became High Priest.

However, you guys ignore the part about the law having to change when the priesthood changes.

For some reason, you guys acknowledge the priesthood changed, but are keeping the old law.

tetelestai
November 3rd, 2015, 02:25 PM
Nope, priests worked on the Sabbath even in the Mosaic covenant.

The priests under the law of Moses had to be from the tribe of Levi, and the family of Aaron.

No one today is a priest from the tribe of Levi, and the family of Aaron.

Nick M
November 3rd, 2015, 07:41 PM

Sounds good to me.

Did you recently migrate from Europe to the US?

musterion
November 4th, 2015, 03:50 AM
Did you recently migrate from Europe to the US?

I know, it does sound kind of British.

ok doser
November 4th, 2015, 07:42 AM

once in a while I mix an egg (and seasonings) into the ground beef before grilling

makes a heckuva mess on the grill, but deeeeelicious! :chew:

Greg Jennings
November 4th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Dismissing things because they are "pagan" is an exercise in futility. There aren't really any religious holidays/ceremonies left that haven't been heavily influenced by pagan customs.

That's just what happens when two cultures collide: while some beliefs may be left in the past, the rituals that accompanied those pagan beliefs survive into today's world and are refitted to the new belief system.

chrysostom
November 4th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Dismissing things because they are "pagan" is an exercise in futility. There aren't really any religious holidays/ceremonies left that haven't been heavily influenced by pagan customs.

That's just what happens when two cultures collide: while some beliefs may be left in the past, the rituals that accompanied those pagan beliefs survive into today's world and are refitted to the new belief system.

that is pretty good for an agnostic

halloween is all about remembering the dead
and
hopefully someone will remember you

tetelestai
November 4th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Dismissing things because they are "pagan" is an exercise in futility.

That's correct.

Christmas trees, mistletoe, caroling, and many other Christmas traditions are all rooted in paganism.

St. Valentines Day and Cupid are rooted in paganism.

Monday, Saturday, Sunday get their names from pagan gods, as do the other days of the week.

January, February, and March get their names from pagan gods. July and August are from Roman emperors who claimed to be gods.

Easter, Easter eggs, and bunny rabbits is rooted in paganism.

genuineoriginal
November 4th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Christians have been taught that there is no problem with adopting the practices of the pagans.

God commanded the children of Israel to avoid adopting the practices of the pagans.

Deuteronomy 12:29-31
29 When the Lord thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land;
30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
31 Thou shalt not do so unto the Lord thy God: for every abomination to the Lord, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.

Why do Christians think that God no longer hates those practices?

jamie
November 4th, 2015, 11:02 AM

Do you believe that is true of Jesus' Passover?

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Christians have been taught that there is no problem with adopting the practices of the pagans.

God commanded the children of Israel to avoid adopting the practices of the pagans.

29 When the Lord thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land;
30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
31 Thou shalt not do so unto the Lord thy God: for every abomination to the Lord, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.

Because they think He made the Torah obsolete.

tetelestai
November 4th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Because they think He made the Torah obsolete.

Do you ever say the word "Sunday"?

If so, you are acknowledging the pagan sun god.

Maybe you keep Sabbath on Saturday. Do you ever say the word "Saturday"?

If so, you are acknowledging the pagan god Saturn.

Granite
November 4th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Don't expect an answer.

Ya got that right.

Greg Jennings
November 4th, 2015, 05:18 PM

Have you ever bought a present for someone on Christmas? If so, then you must be hated by God for being a pagan according to your logic, yes?

Greg Jennings
November 4th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Do you believe that is true of Jesus' Passover?

No, to my knowledge that is one of the few that is mostly unadulterated. I could be wrong about that, but off the top of my head I think it's pretty non-pagan.

genuineoriginal
November 4th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Have you ever?

Have I ever?

That is a ridiculous question since there is now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus.

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Do you ever say the word "Sunday"?

If so, you are acknowledging the pagan sun god.

Maybe you keep Sabbath on Saturday. Do you ever say the word "Saturday"?

If so, you are acknowledging the pagan god Saturn.

Come on. We both know that's ridiculous. This is the problem with your interpretation: it doesn't account for the heart. You talk all day long about the grace of Messiah, but can't acknowledge there was grace in the same Law He lived.

tetelestai
November 4th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Come on. We both know that's ridiculous. This is the problem with your interpretation: it doesn't account for the heart. You talk all day long about the grace of Messiah, but can't acknowledge there was grace in the same Law He lived.

Now that you know Saturday is named after the pagan god Saturn, will you continue to say it?

You could start calling it "Shabbat"

Same thing for Monday. Now that you know it was named for a pagan moon god, you could start calling it "Yom Shaynee"

HINT: It's really hard being righteous on your own.

Bright Raven
November 4th, 2015, 06:26 PM

Do you have a problem worshipping on the day He rose from the dead. And;

Acts 10:15 New King James Version (NKJV)

15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.”

Ktoyou
November 4th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Now that you know Saturday is named after the pagan god Saturn, will you continue to say it?

Same thing for Monday. Now that you know it was named for a pagan moon god, you could start calling it "Yom Shaynee"

Oh come on Tet, don't be silly.

tetelestai
November 4th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Oh come on Tet, don't be silly.

Sometimes you have to ask silly people silly questions.

My silly question is no more silly than asking someone if they wear wool blends.

It's the same point.

Ktoyou
November 4th, 2015, 06:46 PM

My silly question is no more silly than asking someone if they wear wool blends.

It's the same point.

Maybe so..........
I will say something I think is funny, "Shabbat, sorbet, sherbet,
and ice cream?"

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 07:15 PM

How are you still on this?! I already said that I don't believe that I gain my righteousness from the Law. This is a moot point. Calling something by a name doesn't give it power. Again, your main problem is a heart issue that you refuse to acknowledge. Your antinomian mindset frames the Law in a legalistic light, but I continue to ask you: how can something that God give us be bad?

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 07:16 PM

It's the same point.

Nope. Still ridiculous.

jamie
November 4th, 2015, 07:25 PM
Do you have a problem worshipping on the day He rose from the dead.

Jesus said, "And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men." (Matthew 15:9 NKJV)

Jesus was raised on the first day of the week to fulfill the Law.

He (the priest) shall wave the sheaf before the LORD to be accepted on your behalf, on the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it. (Leviticus 23:11 NKJV)

Jesus fulfilled the wave sheaf offering per the Law in accordance with Matthew 5:17.

tetelestai
November 4th, 2015, 07:25 PM
How are you still on this?! I already said that I don't believe that I gain my righteousness from the Law. This is a moot point. Calling something by a name doesn't give it power. Again, your main problem is a heart issue that you refuse to acknowledge. Your antinomian mindset frames the Law in a legalistic light, but I continue to ask you: how can something that God give us be bad?

(Rom 8:2) because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

What is "the law of sin and death"?

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 07:27 PM
(Rom 8:2) because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

The propensity for humanity to choose the sinful lifestyle and then die in their sins. It is not the Law.

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 07:28 PM

And since we're on it, what is 'the law of the Spirit of life'?

disturbo
November 4th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Hard to believe that nobody posted this passage. Bright Raven did post ACTS 10:15.

Acts 10:9-16 New International Version.

Peter’s Vision
About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.” “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.” The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.” This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

This forum is full of people who post one liners or even one word replies. People just don't put any time or effort into posting good replies.

jamie
November 4th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Then he said to them, "You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean." (Acts 10:28 NKJV)

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 07:52 PM
Hard to believe that nobody posted this passage. Bright Raven did post ACTS 10:15.

Acts 10:9-16 New International Version.

Peter’s Vision
About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.” “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.” The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.” This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

This forum is full of people who post one liners or even one word replies. People just don't put any time or effort into posting good replies.

Agreed. This includes you, though. I can see you haven't done your homework either. The rest of that story concludes with Peter declaring exactly what the meaning of the vision is and it has nothing to do with food. Acts 10:17-28 and in particular verse 28. It is about not calling people unclean.

disturbo
November 4th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Agreed. This includes you, though. I can see you haven't done your homework either. The rest of that story concludes with Peter declaring exactly what the meaning of the vision is and it has nothing to do with food. Acts 10:17-28 and in particular verse 28. It is about not calling people unclean.

Is that why Peter was hungry and the voice/Spirit commanded Peter to "kill and eat"? The verse you quoted is mox nix. Doesn't matter. And thanks for the detailed explanation. It's typical of forum Christians to post derogatory remarks rather than just ADD understanding to the forum.

There are several ways to understand this passage. You haven't done your homework either. And I don't have a problem saying you're only half right. There are about four different interpretations of Acts 10. This passage shows Peter a few things. It's the end of ceremonial law. These creatures are no longer unclean, and Jews now have liberty to all these creatures.

The passage can also be understood as, there is no longer Jew or gentile and that Jews can now fellowship with them. One message of this passage is Jews are no longer restrained from eating such meats under the OT law. Or is that just too simple for you to understand.

Basically. It's a passage declaring the end of Jewish ceremonial law.

So maybe it's you that hasn't done their homework!

genuineoriginal
November 4th, 2015, 08:33 PM
The passage does not mark the end of the Law.
It marks the end of the seventy sevens (490 years) prophecy from Daniel 9.

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Is that why Peter was hungry and the voice/Spirit commanded Peter to "kill and eat"? The verse you quoted is mox nix. Doesn't matter. And thanks for the detailed explanation. It's typical of forum Christians to post derogatory remarks rather than just ADD understanding to the forum.

There are several ways to understand this passage. You haven't done your homework either. And I don't have a problem saying you're only half right. There are about four different interpretations of Acts 10. This passage shows Peter a few things. It's the end of ceremonial law. These creatures are no longer unclean, and Jews now have liberty to all these creatures.

The passage can also be understood as, there is no longer Jew or gentile and that Jews can now fellowship with them. One message of this passage is Jews are no longer restrained from eating such meats under the OT law. Or is that just too simple for you to understand.

So maybe it's you that hasn't done their homework!

Negative, Ghost Rider. Those are unfounded interpretations that have no other support in Scripture. When God said forever, He probably meant that. Heaven and earth have yet to pass away, unlike what Tet says.

Paul didn't understand that 'end of the ceremonial law' thing since he takes place in sacrifices in Acts 21, but, hey, I don't do my homework. What do I know?

disturbo
November 4th, 2015, 08:44 PM
The passage does not mark the end of the Law.
It marks the end of the seventy sevens (490 years) prophecy from Daniel 9.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. No passage has dumfounded, confused, and misled Christian eschatologist more than the classic futurist misinterpretation of Daniel 9.

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Then he said to them, "You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean." (Acts 10:28 NKJV)

It's apparently 'mox nix', Jamie....

tetelestai
November 4th, 2015, 08:48 PM
The propensity for humanity to choose the sinful lifestyle and then die in their sins. It is not the Law.

No one chooses a sinful lifestyle.

We are all born sinners.

Again, what is the law of sin and death?

tetelestai
November 4th, 2015, 08:49 PM
And since we're on it, what is 'the law of the Spirit of life'?

Faith in Christ Jesus.

That's what sets us free from the law of sin and death.

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Faith in Christ Jesus.

So wait.... You can explain the law of the Spirit that gives life as being something concretely absent of the Law, but when I respond with something of the same sort, you refuse to accept it? Ridiculous. It is as I said. And we do frequently choose our own joy over His: that's the human condition.

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Faith in Christ Jesus.

And so we are clear, I do agree with this phrase. You are correct here.

You are not correct in your evaluation of the law of sin and death: it is most certainly our sinfulness and the rightful death from our transgressions.

disturbo
November 4th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Negative, Ghost Rider. Those are unfounded interpretations that have no other support in Scripture. When God said forever, He probably meant that. Heaven and earth have yet to pass away, unlike what Tet says.

Paul didn't understand that 'end of the ceremonial law' thing since he takes place in sacrifices in Acts 21, but, hey, I don't do my homework. What do I know?

Unfounded? No wonder you're misled! Hey! While you're at it. Show me where Paul took place in sacrifices in Acts 21! Acts 21 is the only other place the word apostasy is used, and every nearly Christian I know could learn a good lesson about IT and ceremonial law in Acts 21.

Paul was arrested for bringing Greeks into the Temple, but show me where Paul took place in sacrifices in Acts 21!

I should also mention that Acts 21 is proof that the Jews had trouble accepting the end of ceremonial law and it took a while for them to accept it. Paul took part in a cleansing ceremony but explains...

"The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple to give notice of the date when the days of purification would end and the offering would be made for each of them."

And this...
1 Corinthians 9:20: And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law.

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Unfounded? No wonder you're misled! Hey! While you're at it. Show me where Paul took place in sacrifices in Acts 21! Acts 21 is the only other place the word apostasy is used, and every nearly Christian I know could learn a good lesson about IT and ceremonial law in Acts 21.

Paul was arrested for bringing Greeks into the Temple, but show me where Paul took place in sacrifices in Acts 21!

Well.... I apologize. I got worked up. It's not there.

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 09:03 PM

It's in Acts 18. He takes a vow and part of the vow is a sacrifice. He pays for the other gentlemen in the vow to get their sacrifices.

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 09:04 PM

I should also mention that Acts 21 is proof that the Jews had trouble accepting the end of ceremonial law and it took a while for them to accept it. Paul took part in a cleansing ceremony but explains...

"The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple to give notice of the date when the days of purification would end and the offering would be made for each of them."

Ah. I see.

So you agree?

disturbo
November 4th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Ah. I see.

So you agree?

Is that the best you can do??? I wouldn't expect any MORE from somebody from Texas! I wish it were "a whole other country!"

JonahofAkron
November 4th, 2015, 09:09 PM

And this...
1 Corinthians 9:20: And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law.

Stop with the edits. New posts please.

With that stance, you make Paul a liar in order to win some. Hardly a way to prove your point

JonahofAkron
November 5th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Is that the best you can do??? I wouldn't expect any MORE from somebody from Texas! I wish it were "a whole other country!"
I don't get it. Does that mean I win? You're not willing to address my posts and you are making fun of where I live? Weird.

Zeke
November 5th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Matthew 15:11.

bybee
November 5th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Matthew 15:11.

Yup!

JonahofAkron
November 8th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Several more things for you to answer, disturbo. Come on, man.