PDA

View Full Version : Acapella Hymn - Who is this?

nikolai_42
October 29th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Listened to what I thought was a lovely version of one of my favorite hymns on YouTube - Holy, Holy, Holy - and can't (for the life of me) find who it is singing this. Can anyone offer any help here?

Acapella Version of Holy, Holy, Holy (https://youtu.be/QWRgsXYf8EY)

brinny
October 29th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Awwww i clicked on the video and it wouldn't show....

nikolai_42
October 29th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Awwww i clicked on the video and it wouldn't show....

Try now...

brinny
October 29th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Thank you, it worked! It IS beautiful....although i'm sorry i don't know who sings it

nikolai_42
October 29th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Thank you, it worked! It IS beautiful....although i'm sorry i don't know who sings it

What's a little odd is that I typically don't like any reworking of old hymns (can't, for example, stand that you hardly ever hear 3 of the original verses of Amazing Grace) and they exchange a couple of words - which works. They even end the last verse differently than the first (where they preserve "Blessed Trinity"). But the arrangement is very reverent, full and expressive....

Thanks for checking it out, though!

brinny
October 29th, 2015, 01:31 PM
I don't if they're the same singers (Keith Lancaster and the Acappella Company) but this just came on and it's quite beautiful also:

Ades5tadw7Y

brinny
October 29th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Do you like this one?

Jti05C2YeoM

nikolai_42
October 29th, 2015, 01:34 PM
I don't if they're the same singers (Keith Lancaster and the Acappella Company) but this just came on and it's quite beautiful also:

Ades5tadw7Y

Nice sound but not the same group, unfortunately.

brinny
October 29th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Oh ok....thanks for sharing the song...it was lovely...

nikolai_42
October 29th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Do you like this one?

Jti05C2YeoM

The multiple voices are nice, though the lyrics a bit repetitive for me.

You're posting with someone who finds very little modern Christian music that compares with the older hymns - so I tend to favor the hymns.

nikolai_42
October 29th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Oh ok....thanks for sharing the song...it was lovely...

Thank you for responding!

brinny
October 29th, 2015, 01:41 PM
You are most welcome. It has been most encouraging :)

bybee
October 29th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Listened to what I thought was a lovely version of one of my favorite hymns on YouTube - Holy, Holy, Holy - and can't (for the life of me) find who it is singing this. Can anyone offer any help here?

Acapella Version of Holy, Holy, Holy (https://youtu.be/QWRgsXYf8EY)

I loved that. Sang along and remembered singing this in Sunday school so very long ago. Thank you.

nikolai_42
October 29th, 2015, 02:11 PM
I loved that. Sang along and remembered singing this in Sunday school so very long ago. Thank you.

My 4-year old son loves it too.

My 8-year old son likes Before the Throne of God Above

Exposing children to hymns is great, I think. They start singing without even realizing what they are doing..