PDA

View Full Version : Evolution gives a justification for evil.

jzeidler
October 17th, 2015, 05:10 AM
Evolution gave a justification for evil. If we are all animals with no purpose why not do evil things? Why not commit gennoacide? Besides "they aren't as evolved as us." And why not kill millions of the unborn? After all "they aren't human yet." And why not eugenics? "We need to help evolution along, kill off the weak so we can strengthen the more evolved." And why not do a school shooting? "Kill the Christians they are stupid animals with no purpose and their beliefs must be snuffed out."

Evolution didn't start evil, it just gives it justification.

chrysostom
October 17th, 2015, 05:15 AM
evolution is being used to distract you from what is really important

djokica8
October 17th, 2015, 05:46 AM
And yet people kill each other becouse of religion.

OCTOBER23
October 17th, 2015, 06:01 AM
YOU ARE AN ANIMAL .

WITH ADAM'S GOD BREATHED SPIRIT IN YOU.

NOW WITH THE COMFORTER INSIDE YOUR MIND.

Now what are you going to do ?

alwight
October 17th, 2015, 06:30 AM
Evolution gave a justification for evil. If we are all animals with no purpose why not do evil things? Why not commit gennoacide? Besides "they aren't as evolved as us." And why not kill millions of the unborn?
Why on earth would you seem to think that doing evil things, genocide and abortions are somehow desirable purposes in their own right?
Is it only your fear of God that restrains you from approving of such things yourself?

After all "they aren't human yet." And why not eugenics? "We need to help evolution along, kill off the weak so we can strengthen the more evolved." And why not do a school shooting? "Kill the Christians they are stupid animals with no purpose and their beliefs must be snuffed out."

Darwinian evolution has no apparent goal or purpose, not even the killing off of Christians :rolleyes:. Besides religious beliefs are surely an evolved trait in humans.

MrDeets
October 17th, 2015, 07:25 AM
JZ it seems you have a fundamental misunderstanding of 'natural selection'. ''It is NOT the strongest of the species who survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.'' - Chuck D.

Interplanner
October 17th, 2015, 10:00 AM
There is no question that even Darwin saw a very dark period of humanity coming, thanks to his Christian wife's counterarguments, and that T. Huxley loved the prospect of it. There is no question that 'young Germany' thought they were the most evolved, advanced form of nature, and the result was German monism (there is one reality) and Nazi philosophy. The BBC's Burke in THE DAY THE UNIVERSE CHANGED put the two together rather well. See also G. Baumgard's THE CRY OF THE DISSIDENTS on connection of evolution and Nazi philosophy.

In addition, there is the British counter attack on the Christian base of the American Revolution and Constitution. Military force failed, so they went to undercutting the direct connection of Creator and citizen in the Constitution, by attempting to purge a Creator from the scene. Not just to fight a new theological war, but to restore centralized Royal, Imperial government.

boristhespider
October 17th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Why is it not beyond comprehension that God used evolution as a tool in his creation of the world , i would suggest that is the most logical conclusion that would match all the scientific evidence that proves evolution among species and the progression of our planet.

jzeidler
October 17th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Why is it not beyond comprehension that God used evolution as a tool in his creation of the world , i would suggest that is the most logical conclusion that would match all the scientific evidence that proves evolution among species and the progression of our planet.

Because there is no evidence for ape to man Darwinian evolution. Also, if God used evolution then when did man get a soul? And why read the bible if it's not accurate about creation? And if Adam wasn't real the. Jesus was stupid when he talked about him. And Paul is dumb because he talks about the first Adam and Jesus being the last Adam. Evolution and the bible are not compatible.

MrDeets
October 17th, 2015, 10:41 AM

Evolution negates the need for Jesus to wipe out sin. If there was no "first man" to condemn all men(Romans 5:12), there is no need for a savior as put forth in the Bible(Romans 5:17). In order to maintain Biblical truth in a "perfect translation" type world view, as many here on TOL believe, evolution cannot be true.

djokica8
October 17th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Because there is no evidence for ape to man Darwinian evolution. Also, if God used evolution then when did man get a soul? And why read the bible if it's not accurate about creation? And if Adam wasn't real the. Jesus was stupid when he talked about him. And Paul is dumb because he talks about the first Adam and Jesus being the last Adam. Evolution and the bible are not compatible.
It's simple...
There is no soul!

alwight
October 17th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Because there is no evidence for ape to man Darwinian evolution.Since humans are already apes (Hominidae) then ape to man evidence isn't strictly necessary. However humans share a common ancestry with other apes, which is clearly evidenced by DNA and fossils.

Also, if God used evolution then when did man get a soul? And why read the bible if it's not accurate about creation? And if Adam wasn't real the. Jesus was stupid when he talked about him. And Paul is dumb because he talks about the first Adam and Jesus being the last Adam. Evolution and the bible are not compatible.mmm, good questions. :think:

boristhespider
October 17th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Ok so how old is the Earth in the eyes of very intelligent Christians on this forum.

patrick jane
October 17th, 2015, 10:54 AM
And yet people kill each other becouse of religion.

People kill each other because of a cheese sandwich or a parking space too.

djokica8
October 17th, 2015, 11:24 AM
People kill each other because of a cheese sandwich or a parking space too.
Ones who kill are mentaly ill.
Ones who kills for sandwich and ones who kills for religion are both retarded.
(Except those who kill for selfdefense)

boristhespider
October 17th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Anybody willing to commit to the age of the earth question, i have read several differing opinions and statement ranging from under 10,000 years to spot on 6,000 , what and why do you believe

I am truly hoping somebody will give an honest response.

Thankyou in advance.

jzeidler
October 17th, 2015, 11:32 AM
It's simple...
There is no soul!

Well if you're wrong I would hate to be you.

MrDeets
October 17th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Well if you're wrong I would hate to be you.

If you're wrong, I'd hate to be you, too!! The egyptian lake of fire sounds awful, so does Tartarus. Jahannam might be boiled AND burned in a lake of fire... I'm not even going to start in on Zoroastrian hell. <shudder>

jzeidler
October 17th, 2015, 12:13 PM
If you're wrong, I'd hate to be you, too!! The egyptian lake of fire sounds awful, so does Tartarus. Jahannam might be boiled AND burned in a lake of fire... I'm not even going to start in on Zoroastrian hell. <shudder>

Yep, but at least if there is no god I got nothing to worry about. And if there is a god either I'm right or I'm wrong and still kind of ok cause I'm a really good person so maybe that god will be ok with me. At least I'm believing in a God.

I would rather believe in a God and find out there isn't one than not believe and find out there is.

boristhespider
October 17th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Anyone willing to commit to the Age question , i find it fascinating that people with such staunch religious views and beliefs are unwilling to engage on this ... i suspect because they know what my next question/response will be and are more than aware this is a tough sell .... come on people try and convince me , i am open minded and more than willing to debate this seriously with an open heart as well as mindset. As this stage silence is speaking a million words.

jzeidler
October 17th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Anyone willing to commit to the Age question , i find it fascinating that people with such staunch religious views and beliefs are unwilling to engage on this ... i suspect because they know what my next question/response will be and are more than aware this is a tough sell .... come on people try and convince me , i am open minded and more than willing to debate this seriously with an open heart as well as mindset. As this stage silence is speaking a million words.

If you want to ask that question post your own thread.

boristhespider
October 17th, 2015, 01:08 PM
hmmm ok but this is directly related to evolution so i don't see the issue but as you wish , i am signing off for this evening so will leave until tomorrow

way 2 go
October 17th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Evolution gave a justification for evil. If we are all animals with no purpose why not do evil things?

IF we were animals there would be no such thing as evil

a shark eating another shark is not evil but

because there is a God & we are created in his likeness

a person eating another person is evil

:carryon:

MrDeets
October 17th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Yep, but at least if there is no god I got nothing to worry about. And if there is a god either I'm right or I'm wrong and still kind of ok cause I'm a really good person so maybe that god will be ok with me. At least I'm believing in a God.

By your logic, aren't I at least just as safe than you? I am what most would consider a very good person, and I don't believe in ANY god, so I don't have to worry about pissing off the others if I'm wrong. If you're wrong about which god, then you have angered a god for believing in a false god. :shocked: If you're wrong, and the cardinal sin for the right god is 'thou shalt have no other gods before me' I'm actually in BETTER standing than you.

I would rather believe in a God and find out there isn't one than not believe and find out there is.

Meh. I'd rather believe in vampires and stay safe with garlic and holy water in case they're real rather than not. I guess if that's your reason to believe, I won't fault you for it. :e4e:

glorydaz
October 17th, 2015, 03:06 PM
By your logic, aren't I at least just as safe than you? I am what most would consider a very good person, and I don't believe in ANY god, so I don't have to worry about pissing off the others if I'm wrong. If you're wrong about which god, then you have angered a god for believing in a false god. :shocked: If you're wrong, and the cardinal sin for the right god is 'thou shalt have no other gods before me' I'm actually in BETTER standing than you.

Meh. I'd rather believe in vampires and stay safe with garlic and holy water in case they're real rather than not. I guess if that's your reason to believe, I won't fault you for it. :e4e:

But logic says there is one God, and there is no such thing as vampires. :chuckle:

boristhespider
October 17th, 2015, 05:28 PM
And what logic is that , Christian logic ??

What about pagan beliefs or Buddhist or Sikh they would have the exact same argument as you .. i think you are ... no i am sure that you are mistaking logic for your opinion and interpretation.... Using your logic the before mentioned religions sit in the same boat as Vampires .. are you comfortable dismissing other peoples believes in such a ignorant fashion ?

way 2 go
October 17th, 2015, 05:54 PM
truth

What about pagan beliefs or Buddhist or Sikh they would have the exact same argument as you ..
no Christianity is exclusive
Mat_12:30 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

i think you are ... no i am sure that you are mistaking logic for your opinion and interpretation....
that is your opinion

Using your logic the before mentioned religions sit in the same boat as Vampires ..
you know vampires are not real .

are you comfortable dismissing other peoples believes in such a ignorant fashion ?
yes

boristhespider
October 17th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Unfortunately ,

Your statement about logic as truth is again opinion.

Mat_12:30 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

Interpretation and opinion im afraid , ask 50 Christians what that statement means you will get 50 different answers , provide me with some evidence that says Mat_12:30 is ultimate non wavering proof that Christianity is the only valid religion and i will accept your argument , again just because you believe something to be correct does not make it so , what if the meaning of that verse was intended by your god to mean something totally different to what you interprate it as?

that is your opinion

Very true but you are giving an opinion on my opinion so that negates that argument , are you aware that by simply copy and pasting quotes from a selection of short stories that now represent a book , is not logical but rather small minded.

you know vampires are not real

Do i how do you know that ? because no body has ever seen them ? what do you think my definition of a vampire is ? if you argue that there is no evidence of vampires you are wrong there is text (ancient text that could be interpreted as vampire existence) plus if its simply the case that i can not present you with hard evidence that vampires don't exist .. well snap neither can you regarding your God.

YES

Dangerous place to be dismissing other peoples religion , see the crusades , 7/11 , 7/7, ISIS , you would be best placed accepting other peoples beliefs and be extremely careful when being so narrow minded and dismissive.

patrick jane
October 17th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Very true but you are giving an opinion on my opinion so that negates that argument , are you aware that by simply copy and pasting quotes from a selection of short stories that now represent a book , is not logical but rather small minded.

Do i how do you know that ? because no body has ever seen them ? what do you think my definition of a vampire is ? if you argue that there is no evidence of vampires you are wrong there is text (ancient text that could be interpreted as vampire existence) plus if its simply the case that i can not present you with hard evidence that vampires don't exist .. well snap neither can you regarding your God.

YES

Dangerous place to be dismissing other peoples religion , see the crusades , 7/11 , 7/7, ISIS , you would be best placed accepting other peoples beliefs and be extremely careful when being so narrow minded and dismissive.

Do you know it's rather small minded to claim God doesn't exist by NOT reading the "stories" in the Bible. But hey, good luck in life !!! :Plain:

patrick jane
October 17th, 2015, 06:43 PM
The Bible is not just a Book of stories, It is filled with scripture; God's Word, and every Word is from God and is fact. When I was a wee baby I though maybe the Bible wasn't all fact, Praise God I discovered otherwise.

glorydaz
October 17th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Unfortunately ,

Your statement about logic as truth is again opinion.

Interpretation and opinion im afraid , ask 50 Christians what that statement means you will get 50 different answers , provide me with some evidence that says Mat_12:30 is ultimate non wavering proof that Christianity is the only valid religion and i will accept your argument , again just because you believe something to be correct does not make it so , what if the meaning of that verse was intended by your god to mean something totally different to what you interprate it as?

that is your opinion

YES

And here is a perfect example of man putting himself on a par with God . In his world, there is no truth.....everything is relative to whatever nonsense can pop into a man's thoughts. The "religion" of Humanism.

boristhespider
October 17th, 2015, 07:29 PM
hmmm again as i have found with most , you are selectively choosing to ignore what you cant reply to , yes the copy and paste want ironic glad you picked up on it.

I have read the bible and when i asked my local vicar about the first two pages of genesis and if it is meant to be taken literally the response was YES (well im really sorry but common sense prevailed) yes my opinion but i feel sorry for you if you really believe the world was created in six days , total nonsense and i can provide you with hard irrefutable facts.

So give me an example of a so called fact , explain to me how a scripture was written by gods hand .. show me his hand writing .. prove it to me... go on im not goading i want to see the evidence , i agree to dismiss anything is small minded thats my point , but to accept something just because you "know its right" is even worse , explain to me how the virgin birth occurred , how did Moses part the sea , if somebody made these claims today they would be sectioned , give me proof proof and more proof until i cant question anymore , please do i beg you .... but don`t simply say i know its true and try to insult me by comparing my thoughts and intelligence to that of a small baby , sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and i have noticed a convenient cop out when challenged ... again proof evidence , cold hard facts , then you have won me over.

patrick jane
October 17th, 2015, 07:30 PM

What about pagan beliefs or Buddhist or Sikh they would have the exact same argument as you .. i think you are ... no i am sure that you are mistaking logic for your opinion and interpretation.... Using your logic the before mentioned religions sit in the same boat as Vampires .. are you comfortable dismissing other peoples believes in such a ignorant fashion ?

Your user name shows up thin, you might want give a valid email address to TOL staff, then I think it will show as normal.

boristhespider
October 17th, 2015, 07:39 PM
@Patrick Jane , im unsure what your angle is but i had to enable my account from within my email account so all is good thank you.

boristhespider
October 17th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Also nice try but no cookie , as for the comment im putting myself on a par with God you could not be further from the truth , i have stated many times i am more than open to accepting your concepts with open heart and mindset , what im not willing to do is go forth with no reasonable explanation to my questions , i need to see evidence , I WILL NOT BE PUSHED , CAJOLED , FRIGHTENED into believing and committing my life to others opinions ... again give me evidence show me proof .. please prove me wrong nothing would make me happier.

glorydaz
October 17th, 2015, 08:12 PM
Also nice try but no cookie , as for the comment im putting myself on a par with God you could not be further from the truth , i have stated many times i am more than open to accepting your concepts with open heart and mindset , what im not willing to do is go forth with no reasonable explanation to my questions , i need to see evidence , I WILL NOT BE PUSHED , CAJOLED , FRIGHTENED into believing and committing my life to others opinions ... again give me evidence show me proof .. please prove me wrong nothing would make me happier.

If you're talking about me....I was talking about you. I wasn't trying to push, cajole or scare you. To me you're just an example of a guy who would rather have some attention than come to know God. I'm of the opinion there is no point in trying to convince someone of anything when they don't have a desire to know more than they already think they do.

way 2 go
October 18th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Unfortunately ,

Your statement about logic as truth is again opinion

says you

no, that verse says Christianity is exclusive

this verse says Christianity is the only way to God
Joh_14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

it is the inspired word of God

probably believe in aliens , anything but Jesus Christ .

I have always seen open mindedness as a garbage can because
garbage cans don't discriminate

way 2 go
October 18th, 2015, 11:59 AM
If you're talking about me....I was talking about you. I wasn't trying to push, cajole or scare you. To me you're just an example of a guy who would rather have some attention than come to know God. I'm of the opinion there is no point in trying to convincing someone of anything when they don't have a desire to know more than they already think they do.

amen

TracerBullet
October 18th, 2015, 01:38 PM
There is no question that even Darwin saw a very dark period of humanity coming, thanks to his Christian wife's counterarguments, and that T. Huxley loved the prospect of it. There is no question that 'young Germany' thought they were the most evolved, advanced form of nature, and the result was German monism (there is one reality) and Nazi philosophy. The BBC's Burke in THE DAY THE UNIVERSE CHANGED put the two together rather well. See also G. Baumgard's THE CRY OF THE DISSIDENTS on connection of evolution and Nazi philosophy.

In addition, there is the British counter attack on the Christian base of the American Revolution and Constitution. Military force failed, so they went to undercutting the direct connection of Creator and citizen in the Constitution, by attempting to purge a Creator from the scene. Not just to fight a new theological war, but to restore centralized Royal, Imperial government.

Sorry but Nazi philosophy rejected evolution. Hitler considered that the different human races had been created by God separately - the Aryan race was the “master” race, created as “God’s highest handiwork”, the other races (Jewish, Africans, Gypsies) were races created by God as sub human and for the use of the master race.

Nazi ideologues strongly opposed most Darwinian concepts; they rejected evolution and the idea of natural selection, they rejected the common origin of the different human races. The writings of Darwin were banned in Nazi Germany and evolution was called an “English sickness”.

TracerBullet
October 18th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Because there is no evidence for ape to man Darwinian evolution. Evolution doesn't propose anything of the sort. I think you need to educate yourself on evolution

TracerBullet
October 18th, 2015, 01:47 PM
truth

it is that position of exclusion that makes Christianity illogical.

way 2 go
October 18th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Sorry but Nazi philosophy rejected evolution. Hitler considered that the different human races had been created by God separately - the Aryan race was the “master” race, created as “God’s highest handiwork”, the other races (Jewish, Africans, Gypsies) were races created by God as sub human and for the use of the master race.

Nazi ideologues strongly opposed most Darwinian concepts; they rejected evolution and the idea of natural selection, they rejected the common origin of the different human races. The writings of Darwin were banned in Nazi Germany and evolution was called an “English sickness”.

its the lies that hurt

But Nazi ““euthanasia”” was quite different in conception and practice from the dictionary definition, old or new. For it was derived, not from humanitarian or compassionate reasoning, but from pseudo-scientific theory and ruthless economic policy. The Nazis destroyed “life unworthy of life” (lebensunwertes Leben) as they termed it, not as an act of mercy, but as part of a strategy to murder that part of the population least able to defend itself.

link (http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/euthan/index.html)

The Nazis did not create this twisted version of euthanasia. Its roots lay in a selective reading of the evolutionary theories of Charles Darwin, and the distorted “scientific” thinking to which this gave birth. The term "eugenics",

glorydaz
October 18th, 2015, 02:50 PM

Then you don't think there is A TRUTH?

6days
October 18th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Evolution negates the need for Jesus to wipe out sin. If there was no "first man" to condemn all men(Romans 5:12), there is no need for a savior as put forth in the Bible(Romans 5:17). In order to maintain Biblical truth in a "perfect translation" type world view, as many here on TOL believe, evolution cannot be true.

Agree. . Common ancestry contradicts the gospel.

6days
October 18th, 2015, 06:42 PM
By*your logic, aren't I at least just as safe than you? I am what most would consider a very good person, and I don't believe in ANY god, so I don't have to worry about pissing off the others if I'm wrong.

Christianity is very different from all other religions. Traditional religion is all about being good....about trying and hoping to please a god ( or gods).

Christ taught that we aren't and can't be good enough on our own. Our own 'goodness' is like filthy rags in God's sight because of our sin nature and deceitful hearts.*

How Christianity is different from all other religions is that God provided the bridge to Himself through Christ's death and resurrection. *Trying to build the bridge yourself through your own efforts ends in failure. *

For God so loved you MrDeets that He stretched out His arms going to Calvary and providing you a 'bridge' to forgiveness, and eternal life.*

Interplanner
October 18th, 2015, 07:16 PM

Don't you realize that is Hegelian? I don't find it logical. I don't want people to steal, therefore I exclude theft from proper behavior. It's perfectly logical to exclude.

TracerBullet
October 19th, 2015, 02:47 AM
Then you don't think there is A TRUTH?

It's called the problem of exclusion, It is a logical argument that Christianity cannot resolve

TracerBullet
October 19th, 2015, 03:10 AM
Don't you realize that is Hegelian? I don't find it logical. I don't want people to steal, therefore I exclude theft from proper behavior. It's perfectly logical to exclude.

not what anyone was talking about.

This is the exclusion that the logical problem of fundamentalist Christianity.

Christianity is very different from all other religions. Traditional religion is all about being good....about trying and hoping to please a god ( or gods).

Christ taught that we aren't and can't be good enough on our own. Our own 'goodness' is like filthy rags in God's sight because of our sin nature and deceitful hearts.*

How Christianity is different from all other religions is that God provided the bridge to Himself through Christ's death and resurrection. *Trying to build the bridge yourself through your own efforts ends in failure. *

For God so loved you MrDeets that He stretched out His arms going to Calvary and providing you a 'bridge' to forgiveness, and eternal life.*

The bridge 6days talks about is the person of Jesus of Nazareth and how his death and resurrection formed the only way human beings can reconcile with and have a meaningful relationship with God and have the opportunity to go to heaven rather than suffer in hell. The problem stems from the fact that the bridge happened in a specific geographic location at a specific time. Meaning that the majority of humanity has never and could never been able to form that relationship and thus save themselves from eternal damnation.

If it is accepted that God is omnipotent (all powerful), omniscient (all knowing), and omnibenevolent (all good) there is no way to explain the exclusion of the majority of humanity from even the possibility of a relationship with God. If God does not possess the above 3 qualities then he is not God.

If God couldn't create this bridge at any other time or in any other way then he is not all powerful.
If God didn't realize he was condemning most of humanity to hell with out any possibility of avoiding it then he is not all knowing
If God didn't care about all those automatically condemned to hell or created them specifically to suffer for eternity then he is not all good.

The only way to resolve the dilemma is to reject the fundamentalist's claim of exclusion.

Desert Reign
October 19th, 2015, 03:37 AM
Evolution gave a justification for evil. If we are all animals with no purpose why not do evil things? Why not commit gennoacide? Besides "they aren't as evolved as us." And why not kill millions of the unborn? After all "they aren't human yet." And why not eugenics? "We need to help evolution along, kill off the weak so we can strengthen the more evolved." And why not do a school shooting? "Kill the Christians they are stupid animals with no purpose and their beliefs must be snuffed out."

The theory of evolution can't justify evil because this theory doesn't admit the existence of evil. Nothing is good or evil.
But the theory of an autocratic God would also justify evil in the same way. Because anything you supposedly believe God tells you to do would be justified. It would be completely indiscriminate as to good and evil in the same way that evolution is. Your autocratic God is by definition above good and evil.
Why don't you encourage honest debate by telling us what you believe and where you are coming from? Are you afraid of criticism or what?

Desert Reign
October 19th, 2015, 05:46 AM

If you are in any doubt that there is a God, then you don't believe in one. If you think that "if there is no god I got nothing to worry about" and there is a God, then you do indeed have something to worry about. It's subtle, but you don't get away with easy believism so easily. And if you are only saying this because you think it is a good argument to get others to believe in God, then you are just wrong and you are leading these people astray. Because it takes more than this to believe in God and more than this to receive salvation.