PDA

View Full Version : Be a Walking Billboard For Christ

patrick jane
October 15th, 2015, 08:11 PM
How do we walk our Christian walk ? Do we get involved with family concerns good and bad ? Are we good Christians neighbors and friends, communicating in the Spirit and offering sound and God inspired advice ?

I do this in my everyday life and it makes life enriching, I am more able and capable of spreading the gospel of salvation and helping others now than I was before TOL.

How do you spread the gospel, or do you even bother ?

Bradley D
October 15th, 2015, 11:57 PM
In early Christian history, because of Roman persecution, it was the life of Christians that attracted many to come to believe. Christians met in out of way places such as the underground tombs in Rome. Therefore, people were impressed by their lifestyles.

iouae
October 16th, 2015, 12:12 AM
How do we walk our Christian walk ? Do we get involved with family concerns good and bad ? Are we good Christians neighbors and friends, communicating in the Spirit and offering sound and god inspired advice ?

I do this in my everyday life and it makes life enriching, I am more able and capable of spreading the gospel of salvation and helping others.

I love what you say Patrick. And notice that it costs nothing to preach the Gospel this way :)

aikido7
October 16th, 2015, 01:26 AM
How do we walk our Christian walk ? Do we get involved with family concerns good and bad ? Are we good Christians neighbors and friends, communicating in the Spirit and offering sound and god inspired advice ?

I do this in my everyday life and it makes life enriching, I am more able and capable of spreading the gospel of salvation and helping others.

How do you spread the gospel, or do you even bother ?The words of Jesus in the New Testament that under gird my walk with God do not even register to most folks on this site.

I am thinking that Christianity finds itself fine, fat and sassy without Jesus. He's too disturbing.

chrysostom
October 16th, 2015, 05:19 AM

good question

can you walk the walk on a religious forum?

ok doser
October 16th, 2015, 10:07 AM

i'm reminded of a quote attributed (probably falsely) to st francis of assissi that i used for a sig line some time back:

Wherever you go, preach the gospel. If necessary, use words.

patrick jane
October 16th, 2015, 10:17 AM
good question

can you walk the walk on a religious forum?

I don't think that's important, but I do it naturally.

patrick jane
October 16th, 2015, 10:21 AM
i'm reminded of a quote attributed (probably falsely) to st francis of assissi that i used for a sig line some time back:

Good Quote from a Saint.

bybee
October 16th, 2015, 10:26 AM
The words of Jesus in the New Testament that under gird my walk with God do not even register to most folks on this site.

I am thinking that Christianity finds itself fine, fat and sassy without Jesus. He's too disturbing.

That is rather a broad generalization and apt to be offensive to some of us?

ok doser
October 16th, 2015, 10:50 AM
The words of Jesus in the New Testament that under gird my walk with God do not even register to most folks on this site.

i'm thinking that most folks on this site regard you as an addle-pated moron and ignore you :idunno:

iouae
October 16th, 2015, 11:16 PM
I think many people do minister on forums such as this. They teach us things we may not have thought of, and they "keep their head when all about them are losing theirs and blaming it on them".. to paraphrase/bucher Rudyard Kipling's "If" :)

patrick jane
October 16th, 2015, 11:21 PM
I think many people do minister on forums such as this. They teach us things we may not have thought of, and they "keep their head when all about them are losing theirs and blaming it on them".. to paraphrase/bucher Rudyard Kipling's "If" :)

Very much. STP, heir, steko, and even Danoh offer very good posts, interpretations and scriptures. Many others as well, too many to mention. We are all capable of being more Christlike in our walk. Except for my senior stalker.

aikido7
October 16th, 2015, 11:50 PM
That is rather a broad generalization and apt to be offensive to some of us?I don't consider it a generalization.

I have not noticed any discussion of the Kingdom of God, as Jesus indicated it for us in parables. I see few scripture examples that reflect his unique voice print. I see no stampede here to refrain from judging, forgive ourselves by forgiving others. I see little interest in discussing and discovering his moral and ethical teaching.

I try to interject what I have found out about Jesus and his historical context in the first century. But it plainly and honestly is of little interest to most TOL posters.

When Meshak wrote a lengthy post that collected many of Jesus's preaching about poverty and the crushing economy the Jews lived under in the Roman Empire, she was immediately attacked as a heretic. And many actually just started making fun of the hat she wears in her picture.

If you are offended, then take a bit of time and figure out why and where the feeling comes from.

One thing I know for sure. Jesus disturbs us. He is meant to.In our world and back in his world. It just seems easier to repeat, repeat and repeat to believer, believe, and believe in Jesus AS Son of God, born of a virgin, Savior of the World--and all the other first-century exalted titles that were applied to him. By focusing on belief and dogma, those who claim to be Christian don't have to suffer the slightest urge to modify their own behavior.

aikido7
October 16th, 2015, 11:56 PM
i'm thinking that most folks on this site regard you as an addle-pated moron and ignore you :idunno:

HOW TO BE AND STAY A FUNDAMENTALIST:

1. Fully feel your sudden feelings of defensiveness and alarm.
2. Place both index fingers in each ear, making sure of a tight fit.
3. Start yelling "La, La, La, La, La" as loud as you can.

Crawl back into your cocoon where you are safe. Becoming a butterfly is a scary thing. Freedom, to folks such as yourself, is scary indeed.

aikido7
October 17th, 2015, 12:02 AM

Uh, was Jesus "a moron" when he said "the Father makes his sun to shine on both the good and the evil and sends his rain to fall on both the just and the unjust"?
This sounds like the God of Jesus did not play favorites. What do you think?

What about when he said "do not judge" and "pray for those who persecute you and spitefully abuse you"? Could these commandments have anything to do with "love your enemies?"

When Jesus said "Friend, who made ME a judge?" and "Why do you call ME good? Only GOD is good" what do you think he was attempting to communicate?

How about "You cannot love both God and mammon"? What is he saying about the power and principalities of a capitalist system?

Surely, surely he was not "addle-pated."

patrick jane
October 18th, 2015, 12:30 AM
Uh, was Jesus "a moron" when he said "the Father makes his sun to shine on both the good and the evil and sends his rain to fall on both the just and the unjust"?

Ike, you do gett banned a lot

aikido7
October 18th, 2015, 12:35 AM
Ike, you do gett banned a lotNew ideas and new information are disturbing. I don't blame anyone for getting alarmed at some of the historical facts we now know about Jesus and his ancient culture he lived in.

Too many are truly shaky in their faith and feel under attack without feeling they can turn to the very God that sustains us all.

I am never claiming that I am right and others are wrong. We're just different, that's all.

I believe in a Christianity that is unafraid to follow the truth wherever it leads. And I hope for a Christianity that will start taking Jesus seriously.

By the way, what is your sense of Jesus's words in Matthew 4:45? How does he describe the God that he knows?

Truly, I don't know what else I can say to you...

patrick jane
October 18th, 2015, 11:18 PM
I believe in a Christianity that is unafraid to follow the truth wherever it leads. And I hope for a Christianity that will start taking Jesus seriously.

By the way, what is your sense of Jesus's words in Matthew 4:45? How does he describe the God that he knows?

Sssshhh, you've said enough. We started taking Jesus seriously 2000 years ago. Following the truth will lead to Paul's gospel that was given him from Christ Jesus. It's not complicated.

BTW, there is no Mattew 4:45, so I can't answer your question,

Truly, I don't know what else I can say to you . . .

Danoh
October 19th, 2015, 01:02 AM
New ideas and new information are disturbing. I don't blame anyone for getting alarmed at some of the historical facts we now know about Jesus and his ancient culture he lived in.

Too many are truly shaky in their faith and feel under attack without feeling they can turn to the very God that sustains us all.

I am never claiming that I am right and others are wrong. We're just different, that's all.

From your first paragraph in post 15, its obvious you'd meant Matthew 5:45's "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

rougueone
October 19th, 2015, 02:26 AM
I have a friend who is married. She is young, 21, and when I invite friends over to dinner or to sit around the fire pit , she and her husband usually attend. She is a gentle, quite type, but very engaging conversationally when addressed. I always hear from other friends, mostly Christians, who is that young woman ? There is something different about her. Again coming from mostly Christian.
Why:
Her devotion, her love, her gratitude, her commitment-devotion, her obedience, and unwavering belief to Jesus is so serious , she radiates Holy Spirit just by her presence. She is such an example of what I hope to be in our Lord Jesus. A walking billboard for Jesus. I am so blessed by God, and grateful to God for bringing her and her husband into my life. Her counsel-conversation, is always in Gods love and humility.
She has impacted my life in Christ more than Charles Stanley has in 30 years. And C. Stanley, Oswald Chambers, and another friend, have not had the same impact in my life as my friend-Sister in Christ. In the 5 short months I have known her.

I share this with you all, that we too can be walking billboards for Christ. If we are 100% committed-devoted to Jesus. It can be done. Our Sisters in Christ are as important as our brothers. I have been blessed here by 3.

My sister in Christ, although young, is encountering a very serious health issue. Yet she remains devoted to Jesus. And has spoken to only a few about this. Very close friends only.

So please pray for her. And devote your life to Jesus. No worrying, no self seeking, ET...just look for someone to love. Lay your cares aside and trust Jesus with them. In doing so we trust Jesus with all things and we are free to love others.

I hope this testimony encourages others.

OCTOBER23
October 19th, 2015, 02:39 AM
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men,

that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

patrick jane
October 19th, 2015, 12:22 PM
I have a friend who is married. She is young, 21, and when I invite friends over to dinner or to sit around the fire pit , she and her husband usually attend. She is a gentle, quite type, but very engaging conversationally when addressed. I always hear from other friends, mostly Christians, who is that young woman ? There is something different about her. Again coming from mostly Christian.
Why:
Her devotion, her love, her gratitude, her commitment-devotion, her obedience, and unwavering belief to Jesus is so serious , she radiates Holy Spirit just by her presence. She is such a example of what I hope to be in our Lord Jesus. A walking billboard for Jesus. I am so blessed by God, and grateful to God for bringing her and her husband into my life. Her counsel-conversation, is always in Gods love and humility.
She has impacted my life in Christ more than Charles Stanley has in 30 years. And C. Stanley, Oswald Chambers, and another friend, have not had the same impact in my life as my friend-Sister in Christ. In the 5 short months I have known her.

I share this with you all, that we too can be walking billboards for Christ. If we are 100% committed-devoted to Jesus. It can be done. Our Sisters in Christ are as important as our brothers. I have been blessed here by 3.

My sister in Christ, although young, is encountering a very serious health issue. Yet she remains devoted to Jesus. And has spoken to only a few about this. Very close friends only.

So please pray for her. And devote your life to Jesus. No worrying, no self seeking, ET...just look for someone to love. Lay your cares aside and trust Jesus with them. In doing so we trust Jesus with all things and we are free to love others.

I hope this testimony encourages others.

That is a great testimony !! Thanks Rogueone !! We will all pray for her !!

PS - don't start coveting that married young woman !!! Just kidding.

rougueone
October 19th, 2015, 04:23 PM
That is a great testimony !! Thanks Rogueone !! We will all pray for her !!

PS - don't start coveting that married young woman !!! Just kidding.

I know your kidding brother. Thank you for the prayers.

aikido7
October 19th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Sssshhh, you've said enough. We started taking Jesus seriously 2000 years ago. Following the truth will lead to Paul's gospel that was given him from Christ Jesus. It's not complicated.

BTW, there is no Mattew 4:45, so I can't answer your question,

Truly, I don't know what else I can say to you . . .Shhh! A diversity of beliefs are threatening to God! And to Constantinian Christianity. You think?

Far from it. God has already won and Jesus's experience of the passion and character of God wins out and takes first place.

"I saw Satan fall like lightning from Heaven."

Thanks for catching my mistake about the passage from Jesus. I thought I was putting down the right numbers. Just imagine that Jesus said what I posted and then you can speak up.

Paul's auditory revelation was not theology. According to his letters, Jesus said "Paul, why do you persecute me?"

Paul's theology was not Jesus's, for Paul called Jesus God's Son because of the crucifixion and resurrection. And Jesus held to the older tradition of coming before a God of mercy with repentance and a contrite heart. All that was really necessary was to forgive ourselves and forgive others. Any Jew like Jesus would have been nauseated by the idea of a human blood sacrifice. This is what the pagans did. Jesus talked of a God that required "Mercy, not sacrifice."

Mark's theology claimed Jesus was declared Son of God at his baptism. Matthew and Luke say it happened before he was born.
And John's gospel, not historical but theological, depicts a different sort of Jesus that speaks in long, dense mystical/gnostic theology all about himself and the importance of believing in him.

You don't have to feel called by God to answer to the facts, evidence and data revealed by historical methodology. Many of the religious, political and cultural context of the gospels are not taught by many churches these days.

I think it is more important to find Jesus's unique voice in his parables and pithy one-liners. I certainly treasure the many theological affirmations that his followers put onto him after his death. I try to take everything in the Bible reverently and seriously.

aikido7
October 19th, 2015, 07:52 PM
Shhh! A diversity of beliefs are threatening to God! And to Constantinian Christianity. You think?

Far from it. God has already won and Jesus's experience of the passion and character of God wins out and takes first place.

"I saw Satan fall like lightning from Heaven."

Thanks for catching my mistake about the passage from Jesus. I thought I was putting down the right numbers. Just imagine that Jesus said what I posted and then you can speak up.

Paul's auditory revelation was not theology. According to his letters, Jesus said "Paul, why do you persecute me?"

Paul's theology was not Jesus's, for Paul called Jesus God's Son because of the crucifixion and resurrection. And Jesus held to the older tradition of coming before a God of mercy with repentance and a contrite heart. All that was really necessary was to forgive ourselves and forgive others. Any Jew like Jesus would have been nauseated by the idea of a human blood sacrifice. This is what the pagans did. Jesus talked of a God that required "Mercy, not sacrifice."

Jesus offered and granted salvation to many folks, long before he was hung bleeding on a cross.

Mark's theology claimed Jesus was declared Son of God at his baptism. Matthew and Luke say it happened before he was born.
And John's gospel, not historical but theological, depicts a different sort of Jesus that speaks in long, dense mystical/gnostic theology all about himself and the importance of believing in him.

You don't have to feel called by God to answer to the facts, evidence and data revealed by historical methodology. Many of the religious, political and cultural context of the gospels are not taught by many churches these days.

I think it is more important to find Jesus's unique voice in his parables and pithy one-liners. I certainly treasure the many theological affirmations that his followers put onto him after his death. I try to take everything in the Bible reverently and seriously.

patrick jane
October 19th, 2015, 08:05 PM

Because Paul persecuted Christians and was a chosen vessel for God's gospel of Grace that Paul received first of all. Saul became Paul and was an example of God's unlimited grace; Paul blasphemed the Holy Spirit and God still saved him to preach the gospel of Christ and grace.

1 Timothy 1:15 KJV - 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV -

Philippians 3:17 KJV - 1 Corinthians 4:15 KJV -

1 Peter 5:3 KJV -

patrick jane
October 25th, 2015, 01:28 AM
So, do you LIVE The Bible ? Or do you just read about it ?

glorydaz
October 25th, 2015, 01:30 AM

MASK ON....fitted firmly in place for the pleasure of the viewing audience. :thumb:

Lazy afternoon
October 25th, 2015, 03:22 AM

Ask Gros,

LA

patrick jane
October 25th, 2015, 09:07 AM
MASK ON....fitted firmly in place for the pleasure of the viewing audience. :thumb:

You pretend to know things. You don't know me Tabloid Lady

aCultureWarrior
October 25th, 2015, 09:11 AM
I do this in my everyday life and it makes life enriching, I am more able and capable of spreading the gospel of salvation and helping others now than I was before TOL....

You've got a long way to go GFR7 before you can even pretend to be a follower of Christ.

I have a funny feeling ACW works closely with NAMBLA
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4495657&postcount=990

patrick jane
October 25th, 2015, 09:15 AM
You've got a long way to go GFR7 before you can even pretend to be a follower of Christ.

you do work closely, following and reporting on them, NAMBLA is peppered throughout your threads. That has nothing to do with my faith in Jesus Christ.

You are derailing this thread.

aCultureWarrior
October 25th, 2015, 09:16 AM
you do work closely, following and reporting on them, NAMBLA is peppered throughout your threads. That has nothing to do with my faith in Jesus Christ.

Oh, so you weren't calling me a child molester?

I see that you reported me. Is that being a follower of Christ as well?

patrick jane
October 25th, 2015, 09:18 AM

Don't bring you perverted talk of children and NAMBLA into this thread.

aCultureWarrior
October 25th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Don't bring you perverted talk of children and NAMBLA into this thread.

I'll make you a deal GFR7:

You stay out of my threads, I'll stay out of yours.

Deal?

patrick jane
October 25th, 2015, 09:21 AM

I did not call you a child molester, and you know that you post about it quite a bit, but not on this thread.

patrick jane
October 25th, 2015, 09:22 AM

Deal?

I can't do that, your threads are too good. And you keep calling me gfr7, so if he shows up on your thread you'll think it's me anyway.

patrick jane
October 25th, 2015, 09:33 AM
I'm asking folks to examine themselves in their everyday interactions with real people face to face, not the phoniness that pervades the internet.

Do we do more than quote a few scriptures or tell a Bible story for a lesson that speaks to an issue? Words are great but we need action, and I'm not speaking of works, but simply Christian values and deeds.

Do we speak with kindness and show love everyday ? We should. We can do more sometimes without words than words can ever convey.

aikido7
October 25th, 2015, 10:52 AM
I'm asking folks to examine themselves in their everyday interactions with real people face to face, not the phoniness that pervades the internet.

Do we do more than quote a few scriptures or tell a Bible story for a lesson that speaks to an issue? Words are great but we need action, and I'm not speaking of works, but simply Christian values and deeds.

Do we speak with kindness and show love everyday ? We should. We can do more sometimes without words than words can ever convey.It's not easy or comfortable for us to be honest believers and examine the logs in our own eyes, is it?

Or to take Jesus seriously when the Bible reveals his teachings?

I am in favor of an ACTION-BASED Christianity. The old BELIEF-BASED faith is crumbling down around us and is shrinking and literally vanishing.

If we continue to insist on the modern world taking such ancient beliefs and formulations as "Jesus is Savior of the World," or "Jesus is the Son of God," "...born of a virgin," etc. seriously, then Christianity--as John Lennon said--"will vanish and shrink."

And the words of Thomas Jefferson is a good place to end my comments:

"The church's meddlings have caused good men to reject the whole in disgust."

brinny
October 25th, 2015, 11:17 AM
maybe do what Jesus did?

What most comes to mind, is that He never ever rushed. He kept His un-rushed stride.
He always was interested in the genuine "needs" of any who came to Him.
He fed ya' when yu were hungry.
He saved a drowning man, Peter.
He was not a respecter of persons.
And He put the mean-spirited in their place hahaaaa

LOVE that. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/4chsmu1.gif

aikido7
October 25th, 2015, 11:34 AM
maybe do what Jesus did?

What most comes to mind, is that He never ever rushed. He kept His un-rushed stride.
He always was interested in the genuine "needs" of any who came to Him.
He fed ya' when yu were hungry.
He saved a drowning man, Peter.
He was not a respecter of persons.
And He put the mean-spirited in their place hahaaaa

LOVE that. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/4chsmu1.gifYour comment "Love THAT" and the smilie seemed sarcastic.

Did you mean it that way?

+++++++++++++++++++++++
"Doing what Jesus did" is what I call an "action-based" faith. Giving our assent to ancient theological interpretations of him is not.

OCTOBER23
October 25th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Be a Light :idea: and not a Foghorn.:singer:

glorydaz
October 25th, 2015, 11:48 AM

That's PJ? I agree. PJ is a poser, and not a very good one at that.

glorydaz
October 25th, 2015, 11:52 AM

Deal?

You're asking the impossible. He simply cannot control himself.

PJ considers himself God's gift to TOL. He runs around like a child interjecting himself into every adult conversation. He truly is the ultimate THREAD PEST.

patrick jane
October 25th, 2015, 11:55 AM

PJ considers himself God's gift to TOL. He runs around like a child interjecting himself into every adult conversation. He truly is the ultimate THREAD PEST.

Stop derailing my threads ! Tabloid Glory

patrick jane
October 25th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Be a Light :idea: and not a Foghorn.:singer:

good :rapture:

patrick jane
October 25th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Glorydaz, please limit your mocking, false accusations, demeaning comments and utter silliness to the silly threads.

Your work in derailing serious threads is very Anti-Christian.

Your nastiness is getting worse each day.

glorydaz
October 25th, 2015, 12:02 PM
I can't do that, your threads are too good. And you keep calling me gfr7, so if he shows up on your thread you'll think it's me anyway.

Of course you can't do that. What was he thinking? That pj the great might actually do what he insists someone else do? God forbid. :chuckle:

aikido7
October 25th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Of course you can't do that. What was he thinking? That pj the great might actually do what he insists someone else do? God forbid. :chuckle:

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Matthew 7:5

That means ALL of us, in my opinion.

glorydaz
October 25th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Glorydaz, please limit your mocking, false accusations, demeaning comments and utter silliness to the silly threads.

Your nastiness is getting worse each day.

I can't do that, your threads are too good. And you keep calling me Tabloid Glory, so if she shows up on your thread you'll think it's me anyway.

This is fun.

glorydaz
October 25th, 2015, 12:06 PM
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Matthew 7:5

That means ALL of us, in my opinion.

Yep, that describes him to a tee. Thanks for posting. :thumb:

patrick jane
October 25th, 2015, 12:07 PM
I can't do that, your threads are too good. And you keep calling me Tabloid Glory, so if she shows up on your thread you'll think it's me anyway.

This is fun.

thanks, the highest form of flattery. you really have PJ on the brain !!!!

This IS Fun :)

patrick jane
October 25th, 2015, 12:14 PM
GD, try thinking of Jesus Christ just half as much as you think of PJ.
It's a start

brinny
October 25th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Your comment "Love THAT" and the smilie seemed sarcastic.

Did you mean it that way?

+++++++++++++++++++++++
"Doing what Jesus did" is what I call an "action-based" faith. Giving our assent to ancient theological interpretations of him is not.

that He put the mean-spirited, full of it, hypocrites in their place?

Yes.

Remember what He called them?

glorydaz
October 25th, 2015, 01:25 PM
GD, try thinking of Jesus Christ just half as much as you think of PJ.
It's a start

For a brief moment I was overwhelmed with pity for your lost condition, so I gave you a pos rep to let you know I understand your pain, and your need for attention. I do, really. You are living in fear behind a mask that you simply cannot remove. It slips and you replace it before anyone can see you as you are.....a fake...a whited sepulcher filled with a dead man's bones.

You will continue to live in fear, PJ, as long as you need that mask. When you're able to put it off, you can come before the throne of grace and rest in what the Lord Jesus Christ has done....you'll lose the need to boast of being a "Godly man" and one of the "top posters on TOL". You won't feel that need to blame me and others for attempting to expose the little man behind the mask because you simply won't need it anymore.

Now....back to the work of exposing you as one of the false brethren wearing a cute little white sheep's costume. :carryon:

glorydaz
October 25th, 2015, 01:28 PM
thanks, the highest form of flattery. you really have PJ on the brain !!!!

This IS Fun :)

Poor PJ.....he's so easily flattered. Your need is great. You really make it impossible to ignore that cry for help. As I've said before, it's a tough job but someone has to do it.

aikido7
October 25th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Yep, that describes him to a tee. Thanks for posting. :thumb:Sarcasm is always a "cover emotion" for anger. Where does your anger come from?

Pick up that cross and follow Jesus, not the urges of your own appetites.

aikido7
October 25th, 2015, 06:01 PM

Yes.

Remember what He called them?He called them in many different ways. But he always regarded them as human beings who were loved by God.

aikido7
October 25th, 2015, 06:03 PM

Your nastiness is getting worse each day.I think he is unable or unwilling to see the timbers or logs in his own eyes. He was undoubtedly taught his manners from his own family growing up.

We need to help our children fully feel their strong emotions and be able to give a name to them. And then we are to help them express their different emotions in adult and respectful ways.

aikido7
October 25th, 2015, 06:05 PM
MASK ON....fitted firmly in place for the pleasure of the viewing audience. :thumb:What about your mask of feigned interest and outright denial?

You are more transparent to others than you think you are.

brinny
October 25th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by brinny View Post

Yes.

Remember what He called them?

He called them in many different ways. But he always regarded them as human beings who were loved by God.

Nope.

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?" ~Matthew 23:27-33

Lazy afternoon
October 25th, 2015, 11:11 PM

Thats what Gros does and is.

Is he your lover?

LA

patrick jane
October 25th, 2015, 11:14 PM
Thats what Gros does and is.

Is he your lover?

LA

LOL - they team up to report the mundane, spread rumors and lies and neg reps. Overall complete negativity - :)

aikido7
October 26th, 2015, 01:10 AM
Nope.

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?" ~Matthew 23:27-33Anyone who convinces themselves that Jesus is saying only those "other" people are hypocrites hasn't been paying attention.