PDA

View Full Version : Lord, Lord, Didn't We?...

Robert Pate
October 15th, 2015, 04:14 PM
"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

The will of the Father is that you believe upon his Son Jesus Christ.

"Many will say to me on that day (Judgment Day) Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?" Matthew 7:22.

It was all about them and their works. This is the crux of religion. It is all about me, myself and I. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ.

"And then I will profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

He never knew them because they were counting on their works to save them. They didn't need Christ and his Gospel. They belonged to the church of "My way". The way of man, which is religion.

The last thing that one wants to do in the judgment is to bring up what you do, or what you have done, or what you have become. The reason for this is because we are all sinners without any saving merit of our own. If anyone goes to heaven it will be on the merits of Jesus Christ.

Here is an example.

Lord, Lord, didn't I join the Catholic church?

Lord, Lord, am I not a Calvinist?

Lord, Lord, did I not speak in tongues?

Lord, Lord, I, I, I, ???

The correct response in the judgment should be... Lord, Lord, did you not send Jesus into the world to atone for my sins?

Lord, Lord, didn't Jesus fulfill your Holy Law for me and justify me?

Lord, Lord, didn't you accept Jesus into heaven in my name and on my behalf?

genuineoriginal
October 15th, 2015, 05:00 PM
He never knew them because they were counting on their works to save them. They didn't need Christ and his Gospel. They belonged to the church of "My way". The way of man, which is religion.
Jesus told three messages back to back on the subject:

Matthew 7:16-20
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Matthew 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 7:24-27
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

To summarize:

You can't get into the kingdom of heaven by doing evil works.
You can't get into the kingdom of heaven by doing whatever good works you want to do.
You can't get into the kingdom of heaven if you do no works.

jamie
October 15th, 2015, 05:41 PM

Jesus said, "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works." (Matthew 16:27 NKJV)

patrick jane
October 15th, 2015, 05:56 PM

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

To summarize:

You can't get into the kingdom of heaven by doing whatever good works you want to do.

you were doing so good until that last sentence !

Robert Pate
October 15th, 2015, 07:15 PM

To summarize:

You get into the Kingdom by being "In Christ".

If God does not see you "In Christ" you will never see heaven.

fishrovmen
October 15th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Lord,Lord didn't me attack Catholics and Calvinist with caricatures and straw men while my own theology was impossible to reconcile with Scripture.
Lord, Lord didn't me keep repeating the same trash day after day instead of improving my own understanding.

Robert Pate
October 15th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Lord,Lord didn't me attack Catholics and Calvinist with caricatures and straw men while my own theology was impossible to reconcile with Scripture.
Lord, Lord didn't me keep repeating the same trash day after day instead of improving my own understanding.

You are in darkness.

jamie
October 15th, 2015, 08:56 PM
You are in darkness.

Jesus asked that we love our neighbor as ourself. I don't believe you show love to some of our TOL neighbors.

Bradley D
October 15th, 2015, 11:46 PM
I give all credit to God for the good things I do. I take credit for my mess-ups. Love God and Neighbor is what I aim to live by.

iouae
October 16th, 2015, 12:27 AM
It's very easy for God to know who are His. They have His Holy Spirit in them. When detectives spray luminol on a crime scene, fluids stand out under UV light. It is obvious to the detective but not to us without access to luminol or UV lamps.

Likewise, I feel God can easily tell His from "not His".
We on the other hand look for a formula which may or not include works.
Some folks will give their body to be burned, but lacking love, they will not be saved (1 Cor 13:3).

I feel that if one is Spirit led, one is His. If anyone can come up with an all-inclusive way of telling a Christian (like a luminol test) then please market that product. I feel many pastors would want it (or not?).

fishrovmen
October 16th, 2015, 06:53 AM
You are in darkness.

Actually, I had a small table lamp on when I posted this

Robert Pate
October 16th, 2015, 07:37 AM
Actually, I had a small table lamp on when I posted this

That is your problem.

You love darkness and cannot come to the light, John 3:19-21.

Robert Pate
October 16th, 2015, 07:38 AM
Jesus asked that we love our neighbor as ourself. I don't believe you show love to some of our TOL neighbors.

The greatest love that you can show to someone is to give them the Gospel.

fishrovmen
October 16th, 2015, 07:41 AM
That is your problem.

Then why would I use a table lamp if I loved darkness?
You really need to actually read what people post, word for word and try to get an understanding before you post back with a closed mind and stopped up ears. The time is short Pate (Ephesians 5:14-18)

fishrovmen
October 16th, 2015, 07:43 AM

Not as a clanging gong or a crashing cymbal.

Robert Pate
October 16th, 2015, 07:45 AM
It's very easy for God to know who are His. They have His Holy Spirit in them. When detectives spray luminol on a crime scene, fluids stand out under UV light. It is obvious to the detective but not to us without access to luminol or UV lamps.

Likewise, I feel God can easily tell His from "not His".
Some folks will give their body to be burned, but lacking love, they will not be saved (1 Cor 13:3).

I feel that if one is Spirit led, one is His. If anyone can come up with an all-inclusive way of telling a Christian (like a luminol test) then please market that product. I feel many pastors would want it (or not?).

"Try the Spirits to see if they be of God" 1 John 4:1.

Is it according to the Bible?

Is it according to the Gospel?

Does it honor God and glorify Jesus Christ?

fishrovmen
October 16th, 2015, 07:48 AM
That is your problem.

So your a Calvinist too? :rotfl:

Robert Pate
October 16th, 2015, 07:56 AM
So your a Calvinist too? :rotfl:

No. I have the light.

But when I shine it on you, you go blind.

achduke
October 16th, 2015, 08:45 AM
you were doing so good until that last sentence !

Matthew 25:14-30
Matt 25:24 Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. Master, he said, I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’
26 His master replied, You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed?
27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

jamie
October 16th, 2015, 09:02 AM

Very true, but love is uplifting. You judge and denigrate the faith of others. You have no right to do so.

Who are you to judge another’s servant? (Romans 14:4 NKJV)

You can encourage without castigating.

Robert Pate
October 16th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Very true, but love is uplifting. You judge and denigrate the faith of others. You have no right to do so.

Who are you to judge another’s servant? (Romans 14:4 NKJV)

You can encourage without castigating.

They said the same thing about Paul.

They said that Paul was a trouble maker.

If you have faith in Christ and his Gospel you will like what I say.

SaulToPaul
October 16th, 2015, 09:26 AM
I have a 0% chance of getting into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Robert Pate
October 16th, 2015, 09:31 AM
I have a 0% chance of getting into the Kingdom of Heaven.

On your own righteousness? yes.

Jesus said, "I am the way" John 14:6.

SaulToPaul
October 16th, 2015, 09:34 AM
On your own righteousness? yes.

Jesus said, "I am the way" John 14:6.

I am already in the Kingdom of God's dear Son, but I have no chance of entering the Kingdom of Heaven.

Robert Pate
October 16th, 2015, 09:41 AM
I am already in the Kingdom of God's dear Son, but I have no chance of entering the Kingdom of Heaven.

When you first trusted Christ as your savior God sealed you with the Holy Spirit and placed you in Christ.

If you are already in the Kingdom of God you will also enter the kingdom of heaven.

jamie
October 16th, 2015, 09:43 AM
If you have faith in Christ and his Gospel you will like what I say.

Paul preached the kingdom of God to Jews and Gentiles. You don't.

heir
October 16th, 2015, 09:52 AM
It's very easy for God to know who are His. They have His Holy Spirit in them.

Likewise, I feel God can easily tell His from "not His".The Lord knoweth them that are His 2 Timothy 2:19 KJV

I feel that if one is Spirit led, one is His. If anyone can come up with an all-inclusive way of telling a Christian (like a luminol test) then please market that product. I feel many pastors would want it (or not?).There is a very good indicator on whether or not one is saved and that is to ask, "What is the gospel of your salvation?". If the person gets it wrong or testifies to something other than the truth of the gospel, it is highly likely that that person is trusting in something and someone other than the Lord for salvation.

So, how about it? What is the gospel of your salvation?

Robert Pate
October 16th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Paul preached the kingdom of God to Jews and Gentiles. You don't.

The Kingdom of God is also the Gospel that Jesus gave to Paul, Galatians 1:11, 12.

It is the Kingdom message that God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Same thing that I teach.

genuineoriginal
October 16th, 2015, 10:37 AM

Why do you want to shut up the kingdom of heaven against men by giving them something else and claiming it is the Gospel?

genuineoriginal
October 16th, 2015, 10:49 AM
There is a very good indicator on whether or not one is saved and that is to ask, "What is the gospel of your salvation?". If the person gets it wrong or testifies to something other than the truth of the gospel, it is highly likely that that person is trusting in something and someone other than the Lord for salvation.

Looks like you forgot to explain to Paul what the gospel of your salvation is.

He obviously didn't understand it like you do, otherwise Paul would not have written this:

Ephesians 4:21-32,5:1-7
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Look at all the "works" Paul commands Christians to do.

beloved57
October 16th, 2015, 11:22 AM
"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

"Many will say to me on that day (Judgment Day) Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?" Matthew 7:22.

It was all about them and their works. This is the crux of religion. It is all about me, myself and I. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ.

"And then I will profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

The last thing that one wants to do in the judgment is to bring up what you do, or what you have done, or what you have become. The reason for this is because we are all sinners without any saving merit of our own. If anyone goes to heaven it will be on the merits of Jesus Christ.

Here is an example.

Lord, Lord, I, I, I, ???

The correct response in the judgment should be... Lord, Lord, did you not send Jesus into the world to atone for my sins?

Thats you also, you teach that millions for whom Christ lived and died for shall wind up in hell for their sins, the same sins He died for, thats injustice !

genuineoriginal
October 16th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Thats you also, you teach that millions for whom Christ lived and died for shall wind up in hell for their sins, the same sins He died for
That is what the Bible teaches.

Mark 16:16
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

thats injustice !
You are telling us that God is unjust for not giving eternal life to those that refuse to believe?

beloved57
October 16th, 2015, 12:13 PM
gen

Thats a lie, there is no scripture that teaches anyone Christ died for shall go to hell for their sins !

You are telling us that God is unjust for not giving eternal life to those that refuse to believe?

Read my posts and threads, they tell you what I teach and believe !

genuineoriginal
October 16th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Thats a lie, there is no scripture that teaches anyone Christ died for shall go to hell for their sins !
You should study the scripture instead of fighting against what it says.

Read my posts and threads, they tell you what I teach and believe !
I prefer to read the Bible to see what it teaches and what the writers believed instead.
It is much more profitable, since the Bible contains the words of eternal life.

beloved57
October 16th, 2015, 02:05 PM
You should study the scripture instead of fighting against what it says.

I prefer to read the Bible to see what it teaches and what the writers believed instead.
It is much more profitable, since the Bible contains the words of eternal life.

You can read the bible all you want you don't believe or understand it!

genuineoriginal
October 16th, 2015, 02:25 PM
You can read the bible all you want you don't believe or understand it!
Jesus died for all.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
Some are cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:13-15
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

This proves that it is not the death of Jesus that saves people.
The death of Jesus only reconciles us to the Father.
It is the life of Jesus that will save us.

Romans 5:10
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
The life of Jesus will only save you if it is manifested in your body.

2 Corinthians 4:10
10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

beloved57
October 16th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Jesus died for all.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15
14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
Some are cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:13-15
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

This proves that it is not the death of Jesus that saves people.
The death of Jesus only reconciles us to the Father.
It is the life of Jesus that will save us.

Romans 5:10
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
The life of Jesus will only save you if it is manifested in your body.

2 Corinthians 4:10
10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

You can quote scripture all day, you don't believe it or understand it!

genuineoriginal
October 16th, 2015, 02:28 PM
You can quote scripture all day but I won't believe it or understand it!

FTFY

NickCharles
October 16th, 2015, 03:53 PM

Here is an example.

Lord, Lord, I, I, I, ???

I'm guessing you don't really understand Calvinism. It's the least works-oriented theology out the. We do nothing to save ourselves, or keep ourselves saved. We believe that apart from the work of Christ through regeneration, we would completely reject God. We actually believe that you cannot please God in the flesh.

So our response would be, Lord, I'm completely unqualified to be in your presence. If it weren't for your grace 100%, and nothing to do with me (for my righteousness is as bloody menstrual cloths), I would still be wallowing in my sin. I believe solely because you gave me a new heart to believe.

Robert Pate
October 16th, 2015, 04:47 PM
I'm guessing you don't really understand Calvinism. It's the least works-oriented theology out the. We do nothing to save ourselves, or keep ourselves saved. We believe that apart from the work of Christ through regeneration, we would completely reject God. We actually believe that you cannot please God in the flesh.

So our response would be, Lord, I'm completely unqualified to be in your presence. If it weren't for your grace 100%, and nothing to do with me (for my righteousness is as bloody menstrual cloths), I would still be wallowing in my sin. I believe solely because you gave me a new heart to believe.

And then you blasphemy God and his Son Jesus Christ and say that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world.

You might fool some, but you can't fool me.

NickCharles
October 16th, 2015, 04:49 PM
And then you blasphemy God and his Son Jesus Christ and say that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world.

You might fool some, but you can't fool me.

I would never say that. I believe that He atoned for the sins of people from every tongue, tribe and nation.

Robert Pate
October 16th, 2015, 04:52 PM
I would never say that. I believe that He atoned for the sins of people from every tongue, tribe and nation.

But not the whole world as in 1 John 2:2.

NickCharles
October 16th, 2015, 05:08 PM
But not the whole world as in 1 John 2:2.

I defined the whole world.. You should look up the definition.

Robert Pate
October 17th, 2015, 07:37 AM
I defined the whole world.. You should look up the definition.

Look up the word "World" in the dictioary.

It means ALL of the inhabitants of the earth.

NickCharles
October 17th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Look up the word "World" in the dictioary.

It means ALL of the inhabitants of the earth.

Does it mean that in every instance?

Robert Pate
October 17th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Does it mean that in every instance?

Absolutly. Jesus is the savior of the whole world, John 12:47.

NickCharles
October 17th, 2015, 04:13 PM

Just to clarify, every time John uses the word "world" in his writings he's referring to every person ever born. Is that your position?

Robert Pate
October 17th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Just to clarify, every time John uses the word "world" in his writings he's referring to every person ever born. Is that your position?

Of course. You just can't believe it.

beloved57
October 17th, 2015, 05:38 PM

The World of the Elect Israel! He was raised a Savior to Israel Acts 13:23 !

fishrovmen
October 17th, 2015, 05:45 PM

I can't wait to hear your explanation of John 17:11

NickCharles
October 18th, 2015, 05:55 AM

“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
**1 John‬ *2:15-17‬ *KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/1jn.2.15-17.kjv

So please explain how John, here, is talking about every single person who ever lived when he uses the word "world" in multiple instances.

Robert Pate
October 18th, 2015, 07:31 AM
I can't wait to hear your explanation of John 17:11

If you would have read a little further you would have seen that Jesus was talking about the disciples.

"While I was with them in the world" John 17:12.

Robert Pate
October 18th, 2015, 07:39 AM
“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”

So please explain how John, here, is talking about every single person who ever lived when he uses the word "world" in multiple instances.

All that you are doing is trying to find fault with the Bible.

You don't like what it says, so, you try to change the meaning of the words, such as "World".

You are a typical Calvinist.

patrick jane
October 18th, 2015, 07:53 AM
If you would have read a little further you would have seen that Jesus was talking about the disciples.

"While I was with them in the world" John 17:12.

Exactly. It amazes me how folks read the Bible wrong. I used to do that, then I paid attention to all the words.

patrick jane
October 18th, 2015, 07:54 AM

except you

patrick jane
October 18th, 2015, 08:05 AM

It's time for Sunday School -

Here's several scriptures that show Jesus died for the sins of the whole world . Praise God after reading these

1 John 2:2 KJV - Romans 3:25 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:18 KJV -

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:20 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV -

Robert Pate
October 18th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Exactly. It amazes me how folks read the Bible wrong. I used to do that, then I paid attention to all the words.

Right.

To many want to pull a word or or a scripture out of context and make a doctrine out of it.

NickCharles
October 18th, 2015, 09:13 AM
All that you are doing is trying to find fault with the Bible.

You don't like what it says, so, you try to change the meaning of the words, such as "World".

You are a typical Calvinist.

I believe it. Please explain how the many times "world" is used in this passage mean every person who has ever lived.

NickCharles
October 18th, 2015, 09:17 AM
except you

Are you now advocating limited atonement? Or are you just being insulting?

NickCharles
October 18th, 2015, 09:20 AM
It's time for Sunday School -

Here's several scriptures that show Jesus died for the sins of the whole world . Praise God after reading these

1 John 2:2 KJV - Romans 3:25 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:18 KJV -

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:20 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV -

That doesn't address my question.

Brother Ducky
October 18th, 2015, 09:29 PM

So if we substitute your definition of world, we get:
Jesus is the savior of the whole ALL of the inhabitants of the earth.
So we either have universalism, or a savior that does not/can not save.

Or perhaps it means something other than you say it means.

NickCharles
October 19th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Mr. Pate has stated and verified that he believes every time John used the word "world", it means every person who has ever lived. So I brought up this passage

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
**1 John‬ *2:15-17‬ *KJV‬

and asked how he understands it in light of his narrow definition. He refused to answer, but instead issued a common insult when he knows he cannot answer and support his theology. So I thought I'd help and examine this passage in light of his narrow definition.

Love not all the people who ever lived, neither the things that are in all the people who ever lived. If any man love all the people who ever lived, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in all the people who ever lived, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of all the people who ever lived. And all the people who ever lived passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
**1 John‬ *2:15-17‬ *RPV‬

I hope this demonstrates that "world" has multiple definitions.

Robert Pate
October 19th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Mr. Pate has stated and verified that he believes every time John used the word "world", it means every person who has ever lived. So I brought up this passage

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
**1 John‬ *2:15-17‬ *KJV‬

and asked how he understands it in light of his narrow definition. He refused to answer, but instead issued a common insult when he knows he cannot answer and support his theology. So I thought I'd help and examine this passage in light of his narrow definition.

Love not all the people who ever lived, neither the things that are in all the people who ever lived. If any man love all the people who ever lived, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in all the people who ever lived, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of all the people who ever lived. And all the people who ever lived passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
**1 John‬ *2:15-17‬ *RPV‬

I hope this demonstrates that "world" has multiple definitions.

You don't understand how Jesus is the savior of the WHOLE WORLD.

When God accepted Jesus into heaven that was the redemption of the whole world.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished.

This is the age of grace and faith. Because Jesus was victorious over sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. Now all who do nothing more than call upon the name of the Lord can be saved, Romans 10:13.

The entrance to heaven is now wide open to all who want to be saved.

NickCharles
October 19th, 2015, 09:17 AM

When God accepted Jesus into heaven that was the redemption of the whole world.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished.

This is the age of grace and faith. Because Jesus was victorious over sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. Now all who do nothing more than call upon the name of the Lord can be saved, Romans 10:13.

The entrance to heaven is now wide open to all who want to be saved.

Will you admit that John uses the word "world" in more than one way?

Robert Pate
October 19th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Will you admit that John uses the word "world" in more than one way?

Why would he do that?

When he said, "God so loves the world" he meant every human being.

You really need to get saved and stop blaspheming God, his Son Jesus Christ and the Bible, which is his word.

NickCharles
October 19th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Why would he do that?

You really need to get saved and stop blaspheming God, his Son Jesus Christ and the Bible, which is his word.

In this passage John uses "world" six times. Does it mean every person who ever lived in each instance?

serpentdove
October 19th, 2015, 04:20 PM

Many call themselves Christians :blabla: but they do not believe (2 Ti 3:13).

serpentdove
October 19th, 2015, 04:26 PM
"You love darkness and cannot come to the light, John 3:19-21."

He's still breathing isn't he? If Jeffrey Dahmer can come to the light (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQGDHTVHL8g), anyone can.

"Run to the Light!" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGkfzaMNINc) http://images.doctissimo.fr/1/smiley/photo/thumbnail/0014447001/13772628727/smiley-twzonesmiley-tns0.gif ~ Tangina, Poltergeist

serpentdove
October 19th, 2015, 04:31 PM

1 Ti 4:10

serpentdove
October 19th, 2015, 04:32 PM

1 Jn 4:8

fishrovmen
October 19th, 2015, 04:35 PM
He's still breathing isn't he? :chew: If Jeffrey Dahmer can come to the light (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQGDHTVHL8g), anyone can.

"Run to the Light!" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGkfzaMNINc) ~ Tangina, Poltergeist

Pate is a Calvinist. He said I "cannot", not will not.
Besides, Pates "god" isn't doing miracles anymore.
This is his "Historical Gospel". How sad

Robert Pate
October 20th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Pate is a Calvinist. He said I "cannot", not will not.
Besides, Pates "god" isn't doing miracles anymore.
This is his "Historical Gospel". How sad

No, that is not my Gospel.

My Gospel is that God justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

beloved57
October 20th, 2015, 01:23 PM
No, that is not my Gospel.

My Gospel is that God justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You don't believe or understand those verses of scripture!

Robert Pate
October 20th, 2015, 03:56 PM

A 10 year old can understand those scriptures.

You reject them and bring condemnation on yourself.

Cruciform
October 20th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Lord, Lord, didn't I join the Catholic Church?
Just another Straw Man Fallacy on Pate's part, since the Catholic Church certainly doesn't claim that we are saved by merely joining the Church. Pate's fundamental ignorance of Catholic teaching continues to shine through.

Robert Pate
October 20th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Just another Straw Man Fallacy on Pate's part, since the Catholic Church certainly doesn't claim that we are saved by merely joining the Church. Pate's fundamental ignorance of Catholic teaching continues to shine through.

When one joins the Catholic church they agree to do all of the things that are required by the Catholic church.

If you don't you are anathema.

beloved57
October 20th, 2015, 04:28 PM

Cruciform
October 20th, 2015, 05:41 PM
When one joins the Catholic Church they agree to do all of the things that are required by the Catholic Church. If you don't you are anathema.
Of course---just as was the case in the New Testament with Christ's one historic Church (http://scripturecatholic.com/the_church.html). :thumb:

NickCharles
October 20th, 2015, 05:43 PM

Real deep discussion there, fellas.

Robert Pate
October 21st, 2015, 08:10 AM
Of course---just as was the case in the New Testament with Christ's one historic Church (http://scripturecatholic.com/the_church.html). :thumb:

There is NOTHING in the Bible concerning what you refer to as "Christ's one historic church".

In the book of Revelation John wrote to the seven churches in Asia, Revelation 1:4. Nothing about a church in Rome.

Cruciform
October 21st, 2015, 01:39 PM
There is NOTHING in the Bible concerning what you refer to as "Christ's one historic Church".
Categorically refuted by the source cited in the very post (#78) to which you're replying.

In the book of Revelation John wrote to the seven churches in Asia, Revelation 1:4. Nothing about a church in Rome.
And...?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate
October 22nd, 2015, 08:47 AM
Categorically refuted by the source cited in the very post (#78) to which you're replying.

And...?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

The fact remains.

There is nothing in the bible about a church in Rome. Nor is there anything in the bible that resembles the Catholic religion, except Pharisaism.

To be honest with you, I would be scared to death to be a Catholic. You have a lot of courage.

Cruciform
October 22nd, 2015, 03:04 PM
There is nothing in the bible about a Church in Rome.
So what?

Nor is there anything in the bible that resembles the Catholic religion...
Categorically refuted here (http://scripturecatholic.com/the_church.html). So much for your wholly false claim.

To be honest with you, I would be scared to death to be a Catholic. You have a lot of courage.
On the contrary, I would be afraid to knowingly reject Christ's one historic Church (http://scripturecatholic.com/the_church.html) and---to that extent---Jesus Christ himself (Lk. 10:16; 1 Tim. 3:15), as you have.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Robert Pate
October 22nd, 2015, 04:46 PM
So what?

Categorically refuted here (http://scripturecatholic.com/the_church.html). So much for your wholly false claim.

On the contrary, I would be afraid to knowingly reject Christ's one historic Church (http://scripturecatholic.com/the_church.html) and---to that extent---Jesus Christ himself (Lk. 10:16; 1 Tim. 3:15), as you have.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

The fact remains.

The Bible says 0 about Peter going to Rome to head a church.

The Bible says 0 about a church in Rome.

The Bible says 0 about a Catholic church anywhere.

genuineoriginal
October 22nd, 2015, 05:26 PM
Nor is there anything in the bible that resembles the Catholic religion, except Pharisaism.

Your link contains a lot of garbage interpretations of Bible verses, but does not do a thing to address the statement.
The first part of the statement claims that the Bible does not show any example of any Christian church that bears any resemblance to the structure, doctrines, and hierarchy of the Roman Catholic church.
That part of the statement is true and anyone that is not completely blind or stupid can see it.

The second part of the statement claims the Roman Catholic church is very similar to the legalism of the Pharisees.
This part of the statement is false and made by a person whose doctrine imposes a new form of legalistic antinomianism.

Robert Pate
October 23rd, 2015, 05:50 AM
Your link contains a lot of garbage interpretations of Bible verses, but does not do a thing to address the statement.
The first part of the statement claims that the Bible does not show any example of any Christian church that bears any resemblance to the structure, doctrines, and hierarchy of the Roman Catholic church.
That part of the statement is true and anyone that is not completely blind or stupid can see it.

The second part of the statement claims the Roman Catholic church is very similar to the legalism of the Pharisees.
This part of the statement is false and made by a person whose doctrine imposes a new form of legalistic antinomianism.

The first real religion was Pharisaism.

They had taken the commandments and the ordinances and composed a book called the Torah. There were over 600 instructions in the Torah on how to live a life pleasing to God.

The crux of the Catholic church is how to live a life pleasing to God and be saved.

There is a terrible problem with this doctrine because all men are sinners. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ.

We are accepted only in him and because of him.

beloved57
October 23rd, 2015, 06:19 AM
The first real religion was Pharisaism.

They had taken the commandments and the ordinances and composed a book called the Torah. There were over 600 instructions in the Torah on how to live a life pleasing to God.

The crux of the Catholic church is how to live a life pleasing to God and be saved.

There is a terrible problem with this doctrine because all men are sinners. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ.

We are accepted only in him and because of him.

Your religion is a offspring of Pharisee and Roman Catholic!

Robert Pate
October 23rd, 2015, 06:26 AM
Your religion is a offspring of Pharisee and Roman Catholic!

I don't have a religion. I live by faith.

beloved57
October 23rd, 2015, 06:29 AM
I don't have a religion. I live by faith.

How can someone be living by Faith when they reject the Gospel as you do ? You teach that God shall punish eternally those whom Christ Lived and died for and made them Righteous !

Robert Pate
October 23rd, 2015, 06:33 AM
How can someone be living by Faith when they reject the Gospel as you do ? You teach that God shall punish eternally those whom Christ Lived and died for and made them Righteous !

There is only one Gospel.

It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

All other Gospels are false.

beloved57
October 23rd, 2015, 06:38 AM
There is only one Gospel.

It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

All other Gospels are false.

You didnt answer the question:

Robert Pate
October 23rd, 2015, 06:41 AM

The God of the Bible so loves the world that he gives his only begotten Son, John 3:16.

What does the God of Calvinism give?

beloved57
October 23rd, 2015, 06:44 AM
The God of the Bible so loves the world that he gives his only begotten Son, John 3:16.

What does the God of Calvinism give?

The fact is, you cant be a believer and reject the Gospel at the same time pate !

Robert Pate
October 23rd, 2015, 07:00 AM
The fact is, you cant be a believer and reject the Gospel at the same time pate !

You can't answer the question.

beloved57
October 23rd, 2015, 07:01 AM

Evasion and Rabbit trail !

Robert Pate
October 23rd, 2015, 07:03 AM

beloved57
October 23rd, 2015, 07:04 AM

genuineoriginal
October 23rd, 2015, 07:58 AM
In that respect, they are carrying on with the teachings of Jesus and the apostles.

There is a terrible problem with this doctrine because all men are sinners.
There is no problem with the doctrine, the problem is with you.
The Bible says you have to humble yourself and obey.
You refuse.

God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ.
God is no longer judging us because of the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ.
God gave Jesus Christ all judgment, including judgment over the works and obedience of believers.
So, why are you sitting back and lording over Jesus by telling Him to do everything for you?

Robert Pate
October 23rd, 2015, 10:57 AM
In that respect, they are carrying on with the teachings of Jesus and the apostles.

There is no problem with the doctrine, the problem is with you.
The Bible says you have to humble yourself and obey.
You refuse.

God is no longer judging us because of the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ.
God gave Jesus Christ all judgment, including judgment over the works and obedience of believers.
So, why are you sitting back and lording over Jesus by telling Him to do everything for you?

So, you believe that if you humble yourself and obey you will be saved?

If that were true then Jesus lived and died in vain.

That is the doctrine of men. Be a good person, do good works and you will be saved.

That is the devils lie and is anti-Christ.

beloved57
October 23rd, 2015, 11:12 AM

That is the doctrine of men. Be a good person, do good works and you will be saved.

That is the devils lie and is anti-Christ.

You teach that even After Christ lived and died for one they can wind up in Hell for their sins in unbelief!

Robert Pate
October 23rd, 2015, 11:28 AM
You teach that even After Christ lived and died for one they can wind up in Hell for their sins in unbelief!

Salvation has been provided for all, Hebrews 2:9.

It is God's great free gift for all. So that now, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

beloved57
October 23rd, 2015, 11:31 AM
Salvation has been provided for all, Hebrews 2:9.

It is God's great free gift for all. So that now, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

You teach that God is unjust, that He punishes in Hell, the Righteous, those who have obeyed His Law perfectly, that Love Him with all their Heart and mind and strength!

Cruciform
October 23rd, 2015, 01:50 PM
The fact remains.The Bible says 0 about Peter going to Rome to head a church.The Bible says 0 about a church in Rome.The Bible says 0 about a Catholic church anywhere.
Already answered---and corrected---in Post #83.

genuineoriginal
October 23rd, 2015, 05:18 PM
So, the question is not whether I believe it.
The question is, "why you don't believe that you will be saved if you humble yourself and obey?"

Yes, you want to believe that, don't you?

Three times this verse is quoted in the New Testament:

Habakkuk 2:4b NASB
4b But the righteous will live by his faith.
The faith mentioned is an active faith demonstrated by works, not an empty faith consisting of believing without doing.

So, what kind of works does your faith demand you to do?

Lazy afternoon
October 23rd, 2015, 05:41 PM
1Pe 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Robert Pate
October 24th, 2015, 10:11 AM
1Pe 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

All of the above scriptures are about what we do. There is nothing there about what Christ has done.

Your focus is on yourself and your righteousness. Sort of like the Pharisees.

Paul said of them, "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God" Romans 10:3.

The righteousness of God requires that you be perfect. "Even as your Father in heaven is perfect". Are you perfect? Anything short of perfect is sin.

This is why Paul said, As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

beloved57
October 24th, 2015, 10:37 AM
All of the above scriptures are about what we do. There is nothing there about what Christ has done.

Your focus is on yourself and your righteousness. Sort of like the Pharisees.

Paul said of them, "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God" Romans 10:3.

The righteousness of God requires that you be perfect. "Even as your Father in heaven is perfect". Are you perfect? Anything short of perfect is sin.

This is why Paul said, As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Those Christ lived and died for are Perfect! They were made Perfect by Christ death Hebrew 10:14!

jamie
October 24th, 2015, 11:29 AM

Paul said that in the context of the Mosaic law. That law was set aside several years ago.

Unrighteousness is sin. We need to be righteous as Abel was righteous.

You can do it.

genuineoriginal
October 24th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Paul said, As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.
You are aware that the verse is not declaring that no one can ever be righteous, but is lamenting that no one works at being righteous, right?

Robert Pate
October 25th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Paul said that in the context of the Mosaic law. That law was set aside several years ago.

Unrighteousness is sin. We need to be righteous as Abel was righteous.

You can do it.

Abel had man's righteousness.

The only righteousness that God accepts is the righteousness of Christ.

You don't have it, because you is a sinner, Romans 3:10.

Robert Pate
October 25th, 2015, 08:35 AM
You are aware that the verse is not declaring that no one can ever be righteous, but is lamenting that no one works at being righteous, right?

I am aware that this scripture means that I am a sinner, Romans 3:23. Me thinks that you are to.

daqq
December 20th, 2015, 10:26 AM

:think: Hmmm, did I end up down the wrong waskelwy wabbit twail?

Everything sure seems about the same:

You're condemned and that is fine with me because it's God's will . . .
You can't answer the question . . .
No, you're lost and unelected . . .
You're not a true beleeever . . .
Lord, Lord, didn't we cast legions of heathen into the fiery chasm for you?

Perhaps I've been snookered by the old two-thread-same-op-same-title waskelwy hat twick. :)

beloved57
December 20th, 2015, 10:31 AM
:think: Hmmm, did I end up down the wrong waskelwy wabbit twail?

Everything sure seems about the same:

You're condemned and that is fine with me because it's God's will . . .
You can't answer the question . . .
No, you're lost and unelected . . .
You're not a true beleeever . . .
Lord, Lord, didn't we cast legions of heathen into the fiery chasm for you?

Perhaps I've been snookered by the old two-thread-same-op-same-title waskelwy hat twick. :)

More evasion and rabbit trails!