PDA

View Full Version : ‘Church of Lucifer’ to Open in Texas

Angel4Truth
October 14th, 2015, 04:55 PM
‘Church of Lucifer’ to Open in Texas (http://christiannews.net/2015/10/13/church-of-lucifer-to-open-in-texas/)

SPRING, Texas — The first “Church of Lucifer” is set to open later this month in a small town outside of Houston, Texas.

“Never in history has anything like this has happened before: an open to the public home for the Left Hand Path, a church dedicated to the mental freedom of all mankind, a home for all those who are not conformists to the common way of thought, and a temple to the higher self!” the website for the organization reads. “This is the first steps to a new age.”

The Church of Lucifer will have its first meeting in Springs, Texas on October 30.

Co-founder Jacob No, who goes by a fictitious name to protect his identity since he says that the group’s beliefs are misunderstood, told reporters that the Church of Lucifer is not Satanic.

“We are not devil worshipers in any form of the word,” he told the Houston Chronicle. “We’re not a scary people. We’re very nice people.”

However, some Luciferians consider themselves to be theistic and view Satan as a benevolent being and teacher. In No’s case, he said that as the word Lucifer means “morning star,” the group is a “gathering of people of like mind who seek the bearer of light or the light.”

The Church of Lucifer website acknowledges, however, that it is considered “within the scope of the occult,” and that one of its missions is “discovering who you are as your own goddess/god.”

“We worship the Complete Self. We exalt in forbidden knowledge and the paths to power,” it reads. “Without the proverbial serpent in the tree, humanity would not be the incredible creature you see in the mirror.”

No says that the services are not your typical church services and do not involve any preaching.

“We do not have a preacher,” he told KPRC.com. “We do not have somebody saying, ‘This is the way it has to be, you have to live this way.'”

“We’re giving a platform for people to explore themselves with ultimate freedom,” No stated. “They will be able to look in the mirror and say, ‘I understand you better.'”

But some state that Luciferianism brings darkness and captivity rather than light and deification.

“Luciferians may see themselves as lovers of light and goodness, but they are embracing falsehood. Satan does not care if people believe in him or not; he can still lead them astray,” writes the site GotQuestions.org.

“He is a very powerful being and the enemy of our souls. The Bible describes him as ‘the devil [who] prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8),” it continues. “Those who get involved with him will eventually regret it…”

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

Would it bother you if something like this was started in your community?

Jose Fly
October 14th, 2015, 04:59 PM

No more than the Islamic center, Mormon tabernacle, and myriad Christian churches that are already around here.

musterion
October 14th, 2015, 04:59 PM
God will reward them according to their works, lest they repent.

patrick jane
October 14th, 2015, 05:00 PM
‘Church of Lucifer’ to Open in Texas (http://christiannews.net/2015/10/13/church-of-lucifer-to-open-in-texas/)

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

It would bother me to the point of shutting it down before it ever got started, protesting and negative attention. I would want witnesses to report every detail of their proceedings. Some lost souls will attend for the novelty or the unknown.

Jose Fly
October 14th, 2015, 05:02 PM
It would bother me to the point of shutting it down before it ever got started, protesting and negative attention. I would want witnesses to report every detail of their proceedings. Some lost souls will attend for the novelty or the unknown.

So much for "religious freedom".

patrick jane
October 14th, 2015, 05:05 PM
So much for "religious freedom".

Depends on what they teach and how.

Jose Fly
October 14th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Depends on what they teach and how.

It does? What do you mean? You want the government to monitor everything that is said inside the country's churches and religious centers?

Tambora
October 14th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Sounds like a bunch of hippies.

WonderfulLordJesus
October 14th, 2015, 05:31 PM

Not really. The world is the world, evil is evil of all stripes, and we expect the world to get more reprobate. It's really just another freak show, getting their narcissistic fifteen minutes of fame on the cosmic scale, like homosexuals these days. Some cities, there may be the likes of one or two Christian radio stations, with probably a weak signal that fades at night, and a half dozen powerful stations, dedicated to sports talk, 24 hours a day. If one goes to hell, because they bow to a goats head, or goes to hell, because they bowed to sports idols, I can't see where it makes any difference what idol has sucked the life out of somebody and blinded them to Christ. As somebody already mentioned, a mosque is an edifice to an antichrist religion. The world is already one giant temple to Satan, when you think about it, that tries to lead everybody anywhere, but to the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ. There are even many people who would not set foot in the door of a "Church of Lucifer," most people, many who may even attend that lukewarm mega church, who are going to make up a majority in hell. Actually, the way I see it, may as well bow to the one who's their real master.

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 7:19-23 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 25:6-12 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Revelation 3:14-16 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

journey
October 14th, 2015, 05:34 PM
It bothers me that the so-called Church of Lucifer is going in anywhere in the world. I understand completely why the co-founder uses a fictitious name. I feel sorry for the people who will be led astray.

patrick jane
October 14th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Sounds like a bunch of hippies.

So did Manson and his entourage.

OCTOBER23
October 14th, 2015, 06:14 PM
TEXAS BARBEQUE

FOR ALL THOSE SINNERS

Yee hawwwwwwwwwww//

jamie
October 14th, 2015, 06:33 PM
TEXAS BARBEQUE

FOR ALL THOSE SINNERS

Yee hawwwwwwwwwww//

Sinners are not clean.

Clete
October 14th, 2015, 06:44 PM

It is opening in my community (I live maybe 10 miles from where that "church" is opening.) and I can't say it really bothers me. That puny little church has already gotten more press than they deserve. It's not as if Satanism is a big movement in southeast Texas.

I mean, evil bothers me because its evil but at least these people are honest about it.

If you want to be evil, be evil!

It's people like Pharrell Williams that bother me. They're evil people that everyone seems to not only like but actually admire and want to emulate. :yikes: (Why is there no Yikes! smilie?)

Resting in Him,
Clete

kiwimacahau
October 14th, 2015, 07:21 PM
If there is not religious freedom for all, even those you do not like, then there is no religious freedom for anyone.

RBBI
October 15th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Surely there are enough churches in the area to pray it down?

I once went to the door of the most popular bar in a city, that was helping to destroy many people and homes in the area, and I slapped my hand on it, and commanded the finances to wither up. It went under in two months. We have authority over the darkness, we just have to believe that we do.

The thing about this type of "church" is it usually attracts troubled teens and young adults, making their troubles multiply exponentially. My heart goes out to them. Peace

PureX
October 15th, 2015, 10:09 AM
I doubt there's much of a future for it. It's mostly based on an anti-religion, religion, which makes it pretty self-contradictory. I'm sure there are a few nut-jobs that will go for it, as there always are, but I doubt it'll be sustainable.

Besides, everyone knows the real church of lucifer is Wall Street. :chuckle:

Poly
October 15th, 2015, 02:37 PM
The world is already one giant temple to Satan, when you think about it, that tries to lead everybody anywhere, but to the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ. There are even many people who would not set foot in the door of a "Church of Lucifer," most people, many who may even attend that lukewarm mega church, who are going to make up a majority in hell. Actually, the way I see it, may as well bow to the one who's their real master.

:up:

The thousands of lukewarm churches across this nation doing damage to the gospel and turning the Lord's stomach should be way more concerning than this. The chances, be it ever so slim, of a Satanist seeing the error of his ways is actually greater than he who is neither hot nor cold but is being deceived, thinking he's "on fire" for the Lord. HERE is where Satan's work truly lies.

Ask Mr. Religion
October 15th, 2015, 02:45 PM

Sigh.

Granite
October 15th, 2015, 02:48 PM
It's a gag. A whoopie cushion.

Angel4Truth
October 15th, 2015, 02:55 PM
It's a gag. A whoopie cushion.

Nah, we are all either worshiping God or the devil - the devil worship is just called by different names.

WonderfulLordJesus
October 15th, 2015, 03:19 PM
:up:

The thousands of lukewarm churches across this nation doing damage to the gospel and turning the Lord's stomach should be way more concerning than this. The chances, be it ever so slim, of a Satanist seeing the error of his ways is actually greater than he who is neither hot nor cold but is being deceived, thinking he's "on fire" for the Lord. HERE is where Satan's work truly lies.

Absolutely! Can think of little to add to that, very well said, except to mention the whore, indeed, comes around with honeyed lips, like the devil comes as a angel of light: as you well point out, these manifestations of evil are the most dangerous, doing much more damage.

glorydaz
October 15th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Surely there are enough churches in the area to pray it down?

I once went to the door of the most popular bar in a city, that was helping to destroy many people and homes in the area, and I slapped my hand on it, and commanded the finances to wither up. It went under in two months. We have authority over the darkness, we just have to believe that we do.

The thing about this type of "church" is it usually attracts troubled teens and young adults, making their troubles multiply exponentially. My heart goes out to them. Peace

If that's true, why aren't you slapping your hand on every bar and strip club? Why aren't you slapping your hand on all the theaters who show R and X rated movies? Why are you sitting around on the internet talking about what you could do instead of going out there and doing it?

Angel4Truth
October 15th, 2015, 03:48 PM
If that's true, why aren't you slapping your hand on every bar and strip club? Why aren't you slapping your hand on all the theaters who show R and X rated movies? Why are you sitting around on the internet talking about what you could do instead of going out there and doing it?

:Popcorn:

glorydaz
October 15th, 2015, 03:56 PM
It is opening in my community (I live maybe 10 miles from where that "church" is opening.) and I can't say it really bothers me. That puny little church has already gotten more press than they deserve. It's not as if Satanism is a big movement in southeast Texas.

I mean, evil bothers me because its evil but at least these people are honest about it.

If you want to be evil, be evil!

It's people like Pharrell Williams that bother me. They're evil people that everyone seems to not only like but actually admire and want to emulate. :yikes: (Why is there no Yikes! smilie?)

Resting in Him,
Clete

I agree. Even libs won't be tempted by that "church".

Granite
October 16th, 2015, 06:38 AM
I agree. Even libs won't be tempted by that "church".

And why in the hell would expect them to be?:think:

Seriously: How do you people think? What's the process, exactly? How do you reach conclusions?

Tambora
October 16th, 2015, 11:02 AM
If that's true, why aren't you slapping your hand on every bar and strip club? Why aren't you slapping your hand on all the theaters who show R and X rated movies? Why are you sitting around on the internet talking about what you could do instead of going out there and doing it?Because it doesn't work.
The time of healing all you touch is over, but will return in the millennium.

whitestone
October 16th, 2015, 12:19 PM
It doesn't seem they could use the word church as in combination with satin,it is a misnomer "The body of Christ of satin". The Muslims attend a mosque,the Jews attend a synagogue,the Buddhist a temple and only the Christians either attend a building they call a church or consider themselves the actual church. So why can they,the satanist attach themselves to and defame our name?,,they should be forced to rename their unholy house.

Granite
October 16th, 2015, 12:21 PM
It doesn't seem they could use the word church as in combination with satin,it is a misnomer "The body of Christ of satin". The Muslims attend a mosque,the Jews attend a synagogue,the Buddhist a temple and only the Christians either attend a building they call a church or consider themselves the actual church. So why can they,the satanist attach themselves to and defame our name?,,they should be forced to rename their unholy house.

You should take this place as seriously as a haunted hayride.

whitestone
October 16th, 2015, 12:31 PM
You should take this place as seriously as a haunted hayride.

maybe not,take the coined phrase "separation of church and state". It originally was intended as "separation of religion and state" but as it went on the hayride it has never been coined as "separation of mosque and state" or synagogue,or temple and state,only "separation of the christian church and state".

It is very well accepted that Greek gods statues can be all over the states capitals,and Jewish stars and Egyptian pyramids can be on the back of our dollars,,,,but there are no crosses anywhere.

Granite
October 16th, 2015, 12:37 PM
maybe not,take the coined phrase "separation of church and state".

These provocateurs, performance artists, and professional practical jokers count on people like you talking them seriously. It's that kind of breathless, humorless, dour response they're expecting, and that they always get.

They're having a gas. Joke's on you.

LoneStar
October 16th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Sounds like a bunch of hippies.Got that right.

whitestone
October 16th, 2015, 09:35 PM
I think your correct,in the assumption that they are a belligerent bunch yet the hippies of the 60's were more into peace and joy and love. The devil is transformed unto an angel of light and now the church is used in connection with Lucifer.

The more the term church as given by definition is understood as a call for the assembly in ancient Greek,the more it will become apparent that the term church is not used in ignorance nor by chance by the followers of Lucifer.

quip
October 16th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Nah, we are all either worshiping God or the devil - the devil worship is just called by different names.

Yes. Wishful delusions, by any other name..............

Town Heretic
October 16th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Yes. Wishful delusions, by any other name..............
That and your signature line are unworthy of the best you have to offer and I've never met a girl who was over a fellow who felt the need to drive past his house and speak ill of him among strangers.

whitestone
October 16th, 2015, 10:36 PM
after 2000 years we are past the point where thermos is a thing where beverages cold or hot are kept stable and we understand that thermos is actually an trademark and an company name,and foremost that their trademark remained their possession.

What is a cola? is it coke cola?,,,is any pop or soft drink a cola? Is it proper to ask someone to pull into the next convenience store and get a coke and come out with a root beer in stead of a coca cola? What is a cola? What is a church? if you don't preserve the identity of church as your identity will you not loose it?

whitestone
October 16th, 2015, 10:38 PM
after 2000 years we are past the point where thermos is a thing where beverages cold or hot are kept stable and we understand that thermos is actually an trademark and an company name,and foremost that their trademark remained their possession.

What is a cola? is it coke cola?,,,is any pop or soft drink a cola? Is it proper to ask someone to pull into the next convenience store and get a coke and come out with a root beer in stead of a coca cola? What is a cola? What is a church? if you don't preserve the identity of church as your identity will you not loose it?

quip
October 17th, 2015, 11:00 AM
That and your signature line are unworthy of the best you have to offer and I've never met a girl who was over a fellow who felt the need to drive past his house and speak ill of him among strangers.

Then again, subjects of infatuation don't feel the righteous need to sermon one into an insufferable hell...at least eternally. :sibbie:

Brother Vinny
October 17th, 2015, 04:06 PM
This does not bode well. Consider what a similar satanic church did to William Shatner:

http://driveinmob.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/vlcsnap00016e.jpg

Prior to this, he was Captain Kirk. After this, he became the soulless pitchman for Priceline.

This must be stopped.

JPPT1974
October 17th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Really the title would want to turn anybody off if you know what I mean! :(

Town Heretic
October 17th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Then again, subjects of infatuation don't feel the righteous need to sermon one into an insufferable hell...at least eternally. :sibbie:
You just haven't met the right girl yet, after a fashion. :Plain:

quip
October 18th, 2015, 02:50 AM
You just haven't met the right girl yet, after a fashion. :Plain:

On the contrary :cloud9: and she's pagan no less!

rougueone
October 18th, 2015, 05:16 AM
Nothing new. The Church of Satan is in many states. Ironically in Oklahoma where the Ten Commandments were just removed.

Remember, Satan has no control over Gods people. And Satan has for some 6000 years tried to imitate our Holy God. Satan has certainly influenced our Government and society, churches, and obviously people. And will continue to . Until he is bound and placed in his home, the Lake of fire. Until then we carry Jesus and occupy. WE are so blessed to be Gods people.

You can Google: Church of Satan.

rougueone
October 18th, 2015, 05:21 AM
This does not bode well. Consider what a similar satanic church did to William Shatner:

http://driveinmob.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/vlcsnap00016e.jpg

Prior to this, he was Captain Kirk. After this, he became the soulless pitchman for Priceline.

This must be stopped.

Why must it be stopped? I can think of more pressing issues. Evil abounds. It is the world. Music, fashion, life styles, entertainment, thought, and wars. Jesus prevails in the end.

whitestone
October 18th, 2015, 05:58 AM
"must",well for the most part I think it might not occur to many if we should or not. But for instance in the case of American thermos company vrs. Aladdin the issue was that the public used the word "thermos" as a name for all types of hot or cold beverage containers. So as time went on the word "Thermos" was beginning to mean by definition "any container used to keep beverages hot or cold" instead of only exclusive to a company name.

In the case of Coka-cola who also used the trademark "coke" their are similar cases Coka-Cola vrs. Pepsi over the shapes of their bottles and the tendency of the public to call any type of soft drink/carbonated a "coke".

So its much the same when the word "church" is considered it was in ancient Greek two words used to call together an assembly or to describe the assembly called together but was not used as any type of "name" but rather an anonymous group that were assembled.

Beginning with Christianity the term Church was and still is used to denote a group of people who are followers of Christ. Some refer to themselves as "the Church" others use it in description of the building where they assemble, and co-mixtures of the same definition.

If the word Church is a noun,name of a certain entity and used as a namesake then it is used with a Capitol letter,example "(C)hurch" which is the case if we notice it is usually capitalized to denote it as being a name.

So if it is the "name" of the body or building of the assembly of the followers of Christ then for another inanity to use it, example "Church of Lucifer" it is an infringement on the rights of those who have used it for almost 2000 years as a name. If Christians permit them to use their trademark/name then it will be established by usage that it is just another common word and not a "name" associated with Christianity exclusively.

Brother Vinny
October 18th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Why must it be stopped? I can think of more pressing issues. Evil abounds. It is the world. Music, fashion, life styles, entertainment, thought, and wars. Jesus prevails in the end.

Perhaps my deadpan sense of humor is a bit subtle for some.

Granite
October 18th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Perhaps my deadpan sense of humor is a bit subtle for some.

Yeah, there's a lot of that going around.:chuckle:

whitestone
October 18th, 2015, 09:08 AM
I suppose that not an unfair assessment,lol. If I lived somewhere else other than the Houston area and did not know who Michael W. Ford is then I would probably see the issue the same as many of you do.

Possibly it would help if you were familiar with his teachings here are his 11 points where he himself explains the details is projecting magic to alter ideas and symbolism(Church),,, https://greaterchurchoflucifer.org/basic-definitions-of-the-left-hand-path/

keypurr
October 18th, 2015, 10:47 PM

No, I would not be bothered.

But I do not think your verse applies as it speaks of disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. This club, is not doing that.

I would not be interested in joining it.

keypurr
October 18th, 2015, 10:54 PM

Only problem with that friend is that they can say your church is bad also. As wrong as they are it is their right to worship as they please.

Huckleberry
October 19th, 2015, 02:09 AM
:mock: Church of deh Lucy Fur.

Angel4Truth
October 19th, 2015, 03:28 PM
No, I would not be bothered.

But I do not think your verse applies as it speaks of disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. This club, is not doing that.

I would not be interested in joining it.

my verse does apply, the part in red about satan, read the op. You added the highlighted part to my quote, i didnt put that there. You completely missed MY point.

From the op article:

However, some Luciferians consider themselves to be theistic and view Satan as a benevolent being and teacher. In No’s case, he said that as the word Lucifer means “morning star,” the group is a “gathering of people of like mind who seek the bearer of lightor the light.”

Then what i wrote:

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

I was emphasizing the counterfeit in red, don't add yellow highlights to posts of mine that i didnt put there.

patrick jane
October 19th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Only problem with that friend is that they can say your church is bad also. As wrong as they are it is their right to worship as they please.

Yes, my first reaction was a little too strong. In reality they won't be having mutilated animals or having sex rituals etc. They still should be monitored somehow.

kiwimacahau
October 19th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Let me reiterate, your freedom of worship is firmly predicated on their's. All religious groups should be free to worship as they would like unless they are physically hurting something / one.

ok doser
October 19th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Let me reiterate, your freedom of worship is firmly predicated on their's. All religious groups should be free to worship as they would like unless they are physically hurting something / one.

even mosques that are radicalizing youths?

kiwimacahau
October 19th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Are they more bothersome than fundamentalist churches teaching intolerance and hatred?

freelight
October 19th, 2015, 06:12 PM

Yes,....the 1st amendment grants religious freedom to all, as such is practiced in accord with the laws of the land, as long as those freedoms do not harm or encroach on the individual well-being or liberty of anyone.

:thumb:

zoo22
October 19th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Are they more bothersome than fundamentalist churches teaching intolerance and hatred?

Depends on who you're talking to.

http://s6.postimg.org/job39zkch/TOL_execute_homosexuals_genocide.png

ok doser
October 19th, 2015, 06:31 PM

how many of their radicalized young men are joining jihad and flying planes into buildings?

Rusha
October 19th, 2015, 06:36 PM

Of course not.

kiwimacahau
October 19th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Is that the only measure you're using as a definition?

freelight
October 19th, 2015, 10:54 PM

First of all, you would need to familiarize yourself with what the Church of Lucifer is all about, what a 'Luciferian' is, and WHO Lucifer is. You can start by going to their website here (https://greaterchurchoflucifer.org/what-is-luciferianism/) to get their knowledge-base/understanding.

We had a thread on the Lucifer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer)/Satan connection (if there even is any), and the history of such association, noting that the word 'Lucifer' is only found in the latin Vulgate translated by Jerome, since it is a latin term, meaning 'light-bearer', 'luminous one', 'day-star', 'morning star', 'son of the morning' etc. The Hebrew word in Is. 14:12 is 'helel',...the Greek Septuagint renders it 'heōsphoros'...all meaning essentially the same thing. It can be debated if this is even a 'proper name', beyond being only a 'descriptive title'.

The term/name 'Lucifer' only later became associated with 'Satan' as a fallen angel and 'tradition' has assumed that ever since. Until then, 'Lucifer' (the word) did not have any satanic association whatsoever (unless you can prove this statement wrong), ....a few Christian Bishops were even named 'Lucifer',...and there was not an uproar over it. It just means 'light-bringer', 'morning-star', 'shining one', etc. - (also refers to 'Venus'). - we mortals are even called 'stars' when we shine with righteousness and the divine nature, for 'God' is LIGHT. If we serve 'God', we are "light-workers" (to 'coin' a common more new-age angle on this), but it still holds since if we are sharing light, love and truth, we are expressing 'God'.

'Lucifer' then according to its true appellation and meaning is not at all 'satanic', unless you can prove emphatically there was/is a being named 'Lucifer' (thanks to Jerome for translating Is 14:12 as such in the late 4th century). In fact, as you know, Jesus is also referred to as the Bright and Morning Star. Overcomers also receive the 'morning star',...it is a reward (see the Book of Revelation). - understanding the inner/esoteric meaning of the word, is essential here.

I would be cautious and interested in staying aware of its activity and judge a tree by its fruit. There are aspects of Luciferianism that are reasonable, as far as some of its principles go philosophically, but these would have to expounded upon. Citizens ought to be conscious of the various organizations that comprise their community,....it would only bother me, if there was some kind of harm or injustice that the group was perpetrating on anyone.

Angel4Truth
October 19th, 2015, 10:57 PM
First of all, you would need to familiarize yourself with what the Church of Lucifer is all about, what a 'Luciferian' is, and WHO Lucifer is. You can start by going to their website here (https://greaterchurchoflucifer.org/what-is-luciferianism/) to get their knowledge-base/understanding.

One who worships their father, the devil is what is a luciferian is, no matter how they choose to define it.

Granite
October 20th, 2015, 07:07 AM
Yes, my first reaction was a little too strong. In reality they won't be having mutilated animals or having sex rituals etc. They still should be monitored somehow.

:rotfl:

Monitored, you say. That's cute. Who'd do the monitoring? Who'd they report to? What are they looking for? What criteria would you use for "monitoring" houses of worship?

everready
October 20th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Here's a Luciferian some may have forgotten, at the ground level these people don't know what lies ahead.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-S7mCwI_0Wus/UII6mKIKaDI/AAAAAAAAEOE/tEOK7agrIlY/s1600/albert_pike_satanist.jpg

33rd degree Mason Albert Pike

everready

chair
October 20th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Perhaps you should just kill anybody who insults your god, or draws a cartoon you don't like.

Oops. Wrong religion.

freelight
October 20th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Here's a Luciferian some may have forgotten, at the ground level these people don't know what lies ahead.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-S7mCwI_0Wus/UII6mKIKaDI/AAAAAAAAEOE/tEOK7agrIlY/s1600/albert_pike_satanist.jpg

33rd degree Mason Albert Pike

everready

For the record, some may remember we had a thread about Freemasonry where we covered Albert Pike's notable book "Morals and Dogma", and some of his quotes about 'Lucifer' there. Nowhere does he promote the worship of Lucifer as 'God' (as construed or understood by traditional belief about 'Lucifer' being 'Satan' or the devil), but was comparing and expounding upon the true meaning of the word 'Lucifer' as I noted in my previous post, in a philosophical sense, since his book was mainly a philosophical discourse on masonic principles as well as his own opinions, and such is claimed in the preface of his work.

The play of duality between 'light' and 'darkness ' is a prominent theme in esoteric philosophy, - its understanding how these 'terms' are used in context, that is key. Pike's writings need to be understood in proper context. If you knew the facts which are being shared here for your benefit, you would not presume things, but be diligent to 'study for yourself'. The word 'Lucifer' has no satanic meaning whatsoever,....this was superimposed upon it later after Jeromes Latin Vulgate translation, where it was assumed that Is. 14:12 was speaking about some angelic being that fell and later became 'satan', the 'devil'. No traditional-orthodox Jewish theologian would interpret the verse as such.

The above quote assumed to be that of Albert Pike has been exposed as a HOAX, otherwise known as the Leo Taxil Hoax (http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Taxil_hoax),...Leo Taxil is a pseudonym for an author (Gabriel Antoine Jogand-Pages) who hoodwinked the Catholic church and some of her leaders with his fantasy-tales of Lucifer being the God of Freemasonry to win their support against Freemasonry being of the devil...but at the same time sabotage their reputation. His was a two-fold attack on both Freemasonry and The Catholic Church. He later confessed to the fraud.

Also see these links -

Albert Pike and Lucifer - the Lie that will not die (http://www.masonicworld.com/education/articles/Albert-Pike-And-Lucifer-The-Lie-That-Will-Not-Die.htm)

Leo Taxil - the tale of the Pope and the Pornographer (http://www.masonicinfo.com/taxil.htm)

The 'Lucifer Issue (http://www.masonicinfo.com/lucifer.htm)

A Hoax (http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/texts/taxil_confession.html) (full articles in upper left corner)

~*~*~

Good expose of the FRAUD below:

uTWLAo2Up8g

RQGxCw4sfWs

everready
October 20th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Lucifer's name was changed to Satan when he tried to overthrow Gods kingdom, that church of Satan is just a smokescreen to keep mankind’s eyes off the larger picture.

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception-Freemason_Lucifer_Albert_Pike

everready

kiwimacahau
October 20th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Lucifer was never a proper name. Moreover the lies about Albert Pike have already been addressed.

freelight
October 20th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Lucifer's name was changed to Satan when he tried to overthrow Gods kingdom, that church of Satan is just a smokescreen to keep mankind’s eyes off the larger picture.

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception-Freemason_Lucifer_Albert_Pike

everready

Already addressed,....you cant use a hoax by Leo Taxil to prove anything, since its a fabrication. These anti-masonic websites keep spewing out the same fraud.

Futhermore,...'lucifer' is a word that means 'morning star', 'daystar', 'shining one', 'Venus'...If 'morphed' into a proper noun.....it can apply to anyone really, yet in Is. 14:12 its referring to the King of Babylon, likened to a fallen star. It refers to a 'MAN'....see context.

Also,...remember the OP is about the Church of Lucifer,...not 'satan'. 'Satan' is another entity, personality, archetype. The principles in the Church of Lucifer and cults who respect Lucifer as a 'positive light' (in principle, archetype, symbology) DO NOT worship SATAN as a personality depicted in traditional Judeo-Christian mythology (unless they specify such in their tenets).

~*~*~

'God' is Light. Lucifer as a term meaning 'light' would derive from 'God' (there is no other source), which is why Jesus is also referred to as the 'morning star', and every child of God, has in potential the 'morning star' (light) in our hearts (the Christ within, the hope of glory).

You need to educate yourself on the facts presented earlier. Light is light. - there are different personalities who may 'bear' light, expressing and serving the light. The issue is the 'light' not the 'bearer' of the light....the 'bearer' is only the vessel.

If 'Lucifer' is used as a 'meme' (in some schools), a positive archetype for 'light' (wisdom/knowledge/illumination)...then so be it. Unfortunately the 'word' has been 'satanized' by tradition, making this word refer to a person (as a proper noun), an angel who fell from heaven and became 'satan' or 'the devil'. On biblical grounds alone, this can be refuted, as a false or unsupported 'association' or 'identification'.

~*~*~

> Lucifer and the Craft (http://themasonicleader.com/lucifer-and-the-craft/) - a good article proposition, accepting first that 'Lucifer' is not 'satan', and that 'Lucifer' if taking in its meaning in its 'positive light', is not evil or satanic,...but is symbolic of 'light/truth/knowledge'.)

everready
October 20th, 2015, 08:41 PM
That's the chapter in Gods word listing the five i wills of Satan/ Lucifer if you will.

everready

freelight
October 20th, 2015, 11:56 PM
That's the chapter in Gods word listing the five i wills of Satan/ Lucifer if you will.

everready

Those 5 "I wills" are the King of Babylons sayings, who is called the 'Day star, son of the morning', a 'man' assuming to be a 'bright star' - see verse 16:

“Those who see you will gaze at you,
And consider you, saying:
‘Is this the man who made the earth tremble,
Who shook kingdoms,

Is. 14:16

The verse is literally speaking of the King of Babylon, the pride and vain-glory of a 'man' who exalted himself to the point of vanity and self-destruction. Using the passage as a 'double-prophetic' to also refer to the fall of an angel called 'Lucifer' is reading into the text making it apply to something or someone else. Of course anyone can 'figuratively' assume that Isaiah was ALSO taking about a fallen angel with the latin name "Lucifer" in the Hebrew text(?),...but how many orthodox Jewish theologians would endorse such a translation? Nothing in the context warrants such an allusion, - at best one can only refer to the 5 "I wills" as an example of a personality who has gone to the heights of self-pride and vanity, showing that such 'pride' will surely precede a fall.

The name, description or title "lucifer" is NOT in the original Hebrew. It got introduced into the text of the Latin Vulgate, as a word closest to the Hebrew 'helel' (not a proper name but a designation/'epithet') for the king of Babylon.

Some light on Lucifer (http://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/world/christ/xt-ibel2.htm) (Theosophical article)

Btw, a study of the Jewish concept of Satan (note there is no 'devil' or 'Lucifer' in orthodox Jewish theology) compared to the Christian concept of 'satan' (as it identifies such a being as also being 'lucifer' and 'the devil' (an unholy trinity of sorts) is notablely different from one another. - {a side study of interest all its own}

Brother Vinny
October 23rd, 2015, 07:00 AM
:rotfl:

Monitored, you say. That's cute. Who'd do the monitoring? Who'd they report to? What are they looking for? What criteria would you use for "monitoring" houses of worship?

Wasn't there a story about the lesbian mayor of Houston tracking sermons in her area for anti-gay rhetoric? The Christian Right got their knickers in a bunch over that, and rightfully so.

In similar manner, we should allow whoever else their religious liberty, unless some point of civil law is being violated.

keypurr
October 23rd, 2015, 08:58 PM
my verse does apply, the part in red about satan, read the op. You added the highlighted part to my quote, i didnt put that there. You completely missed MY point.

From the op article:

Then what i wrote:

I was emphasizing the counterfeit in red, don't add yellow highlights to posts of mine that i didnt put there.

I was only trying to show you that this church is not claiming to be a Christian church.
Your verse speaks of it looking like a Christ sponsored church. I added the hi light to show you a point friend. I can not and would not try to change your original post. I am on your side in this one, but the verse is speaking of "Christian" churches that are not really Christian.

Granite
October 24th, 2015, 06:03 AM
Does anyone else here realize this publicity stunt's having the exact desired effect?

freelight
October 24th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Does anyone else here realize this publicity stunt's having the exact desired effect?

It depends on how you look at it, but as I shared earlier....the word 'lucifer' refers to the 'daystar' or 'morning-star', as the King of Babylon was like a 'shining star' having exalted his throne to the heavens, it refers to Venus, and is a metaphor, figurative description-title, not necessarily even a proper noun/name. Only in some latin translations of the OT is it translated as 'lucifer', a later development to which it was later made to refer to 'satan' or 'the devil', a 'move' that even some traditional Christians see no justification for.

The Jewish view of Satan is quite different in some respects than the Christian view -

The Jewish view of Satan (http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-rabbi-2566/the-jewish-view-of-satan/?p=2566)

What Jews believe (http://www.whatjewsbelieve.org/explanation7.html)

Granted, the Church of Lucifer in some sense is a natural reaction or move towards independence from dogmatic traditional religious institutions, and the principles promote self-responsibility and reliance, finding your own true Self and living from the integrity of your own true will, finding your own path and being true to it. Any movement using the name 'Lucifer' will naturally get a "rise" out of most folks since we've been 'conditioned' to believe 'lucifer' is 'satanic', but esoteric philosophy or 'occult science' has a different understanding of what 'lucifer' represents, but one must apply themselves to comprehend the metaphor thru right study and proper 'context'.

Helen P Blavatsky called one of her magazines 'Lucifer' perhaps as a reactionary gesture and subtle motive to get a 'rise' out of traditionalists, but she goes to explain fully the meaning of the word, plus goes to great length to explain the allegories of 'satan' and 'lucifer' in her other works, such as the 'The Secret Doctrine' (which by the way is used by critics to claim she was a 'devil worshipper' by cherry-picking and taking passages out of context).

More Theosophical articles:

Lucifer the Lightbringer (http://blavatskytheosophy.com/lucifer-the-lightbringer/)

Greetings from “Lucifer” to the Archbishop of Canterbury! (http://blavatskytheosophy.com/greetings-from-lucifer-to-the-archbishop-of-canterbury/) (this is a bold and somewhat humorous address to the Archbishop in one of the editions of the 'Lucifer' magazine, which importantly shows a Theosophical view of Christianity, clarifying some misrepresentations of it, and showing where Theosophy certainly agrees with and upholds the moral-ethical teachings of Jesus, as they relate to the kingdom of heaven within, and those precepts which promote the goodwill and brotherhood of all men.)