PDA

View Full Version : Stem cells and abortion

Stone Mason
October 9th, 2015, 12:31 AM
We are fast approaching the day when we will be able to take a persons stem cell, put it into a womb and have it grow into a person. From a theological perspective when do you think that that stem cell becomes a new human life?

Greg Jennings
October 9th, 2015, 01:40 AM
We are fast approaching the day when we will be able to take a persons stem cell, put it into a womb and have it grow into a person. From a theological perspective when do you think that that stem cell becomes a new human life?

Stem cells don't themselves turn into humans. They are able to differentiate into whatever type of cell that the cells surrounding them are, which is why they have so much potential for regeneration of tissues.

Here is the definition from dictionary.com:

an undifferentiated cell of a multicellular organism that is capable of giving rise to indefinitely more cells of the same type, and from which certain other kinds of cell arise by differentiation.

RBBI
October 9th, 2015, 01:54 AM
While in the meantime, they are putting aborted fetus stem cells in Pepsi products and various food companies. Hurrah for progress....

Jose Fly
October 9th, 2015, 09:49 AM
While in the meantime, they are putting aborted fetus stem cells in Pepsi products and various food companies. Hurrah for progress....

Waaaaaaaaaah? Man, but you gotta love ToL.

:kookoo:

Greg Jennings
October 9th, 2015, 09:51 AM

I'm with Jose here. If you don't mind, I'd like to see some backing of that claim

Quetzal
October 9th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Stem cells don't themselves turn into humans. They are able to differentiate into whatever type of cell that the cells surrounding them are, which is why they have so much potential for regeneration of tissues.

Here is the definition from dictionary.com:

an undifferentiated cell of a multicellular organism that is capable of giving rise to indefinitely more cells of the same type, and from which certain other kinds of cell arise by differentiation.
I find this possibility exciting! :D

Greg Jennings
October 9th, 2015, 09:55 AM
I find this possibility exciting! :D

It no doubt is. The possibilities for cures and treatments that could change the quality of lives for millions of people is something to celebrated

patrick jane
October 9th, 2015, 10:56 AM

At conception/fertilization or at the first activation of the process, whatever that process is.

Nick M
October 9th, 2015, 06:11 PM
We are fast approaching the day when we will be able to take a persons stem cell, put it into a womb and have it grow into a person.

No we aren't.

way 2 go
October 9th, 2015, 08:06 PM
:nono:

link (https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/biotech-company-using-cell-lines-from-aborted-babies-in-food-enhancement-te)

Pepsico, Kraft Foods, and Nestlé are among the corporations partnered with a biotech company found using aborted fetal cell lines to test food flavor enhancers,

RBBI
October 9th, 2015, 10:22 PM

Clearly I was not in agreement with it, if that's what you thought.....

@ Jose and Greg....he was kind enough to post a link before I got back to the board.....Pepsi, anyone?

patrick jane
October 9th, 2015, 10:27 PM

mmm tasty Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut anyone ? Kraft ? Nestle/Purina ?-bottled water, chocolate and pet foods ? yum ! Let's eat some babies !!