PDA

View Full Version : IS GOD INFINITE ?

OCTOBER23
October 4th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Some people think that God is infinite

and some think that his spirit is everywhere.

and some think that God is a Solid Radiant Being who gives off energy.

What is the plain truth of the Bible. ?:chew:
-------------------------------------------------------
Job 22:5 Is not thy wickedness great? and thine iniquities infinite?

Psalms 147:5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.

Nahum 3:9 Ethiopia and Egypt were her strength, and it was infinite;

OCTOBER23
October 4th, 2015, 07:05 PM
What , no takers , not even Grosnicke ?

aikido7
October 4th, 2015, 07:20 PM
What , no takers , not even Grosnicke ?
My God is infinite. And so is his infinite cherry orchard where we ALL cherry-pick our way through our personal faith journey.

patrick jane
October 4th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Yes, God is infinite; timeless, omniscient, omnipotent, sovereign and all knowing/all powerful. where have you been ?

Proverbs 15:3 KJV - Psalm 33:11 KJV and 13,

Revelation 1:8 KJV - Revelation 4:8 KJV -

1 Chronicles 28:9 KJV -

Aimiel
October 5th, 2015, 05:11 AM
...and some think that God is a Solid Radiant Being who gives off energy.

What is the plain truth of the Bible. ?Well, I believe that LASER beams shoot out of His Fingers. That's where He hides His Power.

And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand: and there was the hiding of his power.

aikido7
October 5th, 2015, 07:19 AM
Well, I believe that LASER beams shoot out of His Fingers. That's where He hides His Power.

And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand: and there was the hiding of his power.I believe we too often project back into time our modern views of reality.

I try to take biblical metaphors seriously; I do not literalize them. Metaphor and myth are the primary ways the ancient authors could describe the infinite on paper.

Bradley D
October 6th, 2015, 03:36 AM
God knows me inside and out. I have no doubt God knows all that is happening on His creation.

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do" (Hebrews 4:12-13).

Eeset
October 6th, 2015, 05:48 AM
I have never quite grasped the concept of gravity. Or even matter. Not that it matters. I know my mind is not infinite. Therefore what I can comprehend is limited.

OCTOBER23
October 6th, 2015, 03:30 PM
AIKIDO-7,

I do not literalize them. Metaphor and myth are the primary ways

the ancient authors could describe the infinite on paper.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I TAKE THE BIBLE LITERALLY

Because as JESUS said, God's Word is Truth.

OliviaM
October 6th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Is God infinite. I don't know. What does it even matter?

OliviaM
October 6th, 2015, 04:48 PM
:up:

That which is.......IS.

Irrespective of how we may perceive it.

Ok. What does that mean? Does it mean anything?

Aimiel
October 6th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Xeno thought so. He made an entire philosophy which could be summed up by saying: "What is: is. What is not: is not. What is: has always been. What is not: can never be what is." His 'paradoxes' are the basis of most philosophical thought; especially Existentialism.

Foxfire
October 6th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Ok. What does that mean? Does it mean anything?

What does that mean? It means;

Is God infinite. I don't know. What does it even matter?

OliviaM
October 6th, 2015, 04:56 PM
:DK:
Xeno thought so. He made an entire philosophy which could be summed up by saying: "What is: is. What is not: is not. What is: has always been. What is not: can never be what is." His 'paradoxes' are the basis of most philosophical thought; especially Existentialism.

Ok and that relates to infinity how?

Aimiel
October 6th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Existentialism or actually any philosophy-related subject might be a good place for you to start. Perhaps an introductory textbook.

OliviaM
October 6th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Existentialism or actually any philosophy-related subject might be a good place for you to start. Perhaps an introductory textbook.

How does it relate to the op? Is God infinite? Sure why not?

OCTOBER23
October 9th, 2015, 02:53 PM
OLIVIA OLIVIA

Oh , have you seen Olivia,

The girl with the penchant for Banning.
------------------------------------------

Aimiel
November 2nd, 2015, 09:43 PM
How does it relate to the op? Is God infinite? Sure why not?

EVERYTHING that is: has always been. This is the basic premise of Existentialism.

aikido7
November 3rd, 2015, 01:27 AM
I believe God is infinite. This means we can never describe him accurately.
We can only approach God with metaphor.

Jesus did this with his parables.

jon machtemes
November 3rd, 2015, 04:04 AM
Yes, I have been taught in Sunday school the attributes of God, but these arr thr things I know from His Word. God IS: He exists in 3 persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. All three are represented at creation, (Genesis 1, John 1, Collosians 1). The "trinity" which is not a word found in the Bible is yet seen throughout Old and New Testaments. They are one and there is no division or double-mindedness to God. He is one and unified in deed and intent: Deuteronomy 6:4, "Hear, Israel: YHWH is our God: YHWH is one:", and Matthew 28:19, "baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit", James 2:19, "You believe that God is one, you do well. The demons also believe and shudder."

Omnipotence. All are justified in believing God to be all powerful. Firstly, no one can empirically prove where the energy that is the source of all things resides. No one can prove these things either pro or con to God's claims, so since all of the prophesies in the Bible come to pass we are also justified in believing God is not a liar and can believe Him: Isaiah 44:24, "I am Yahweh, who makes all things; who alone stretches out the heavens; who spreads out the earth by myself", Hebrews 11:3, "By faith, we understand that the universe has been framed by the word of God, so that what is seen has not been made out of things which are visible", Isaiah 45:5, "I am Yahweh, and there is none else. Besides me, there is no God".

Omniscience. This we also know by prophesy and declairing of knowledge to the ancients that which we still discover. Isaiah 40:13-14, "Who has directed the Spirit of Yahweh, or has taught him as his counselor?

14Who did he take counsel with, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of justice, and taught him knowledge, and showed him the way of understanding?", and 46:10, "Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; [I am] God, and there is none like me;

10declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not [yet] done; saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure".

Omnipresence. Here are just a few verses. Proverbs 15:3, "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Watching the evil and the good", Colossians 1:7, "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.", and Psalm 139:7-10, "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me".

These are all verses anyone can find in a rudementary Google search. But these are attributes nonetheless, of which He has many. There is His Holiness, His Righteousness, His Perfection, Wisdom, Knowledge, Patience, Kindness, Love, and Mercy. Yes, those last two are indeed my favorites, as they have direct application to me, besides this one: God is a Person and Personal. And back to the Trinity we go: He IS Persons, and personal. God has a personality...Thee Personality. He is close and knowable, he put on flesh and blood and poured out His life for me, and you.

Jesus sat and ate with men. He held them and taught them. He said He knocks and whomever opens He will sup with. His Spirit is ever close, His kingdom within us. This is not a distant God. He is no far away force, but He is closer than a brother. He has a heart, emotions, and can be grieved. He is more than loving, but is THE definition of love itself. He is more than truthful, but the source of all truth. He is more than living, but is the source of all life, and this life He gives without merit in and through the Son.

The question may truly be not, "Is He infinate?", but "in how many ways?" He is the source of all that is good, and like the source of a great river we may not comprehend the depths of His plentitude, but may ever drink of His glory: the glory shown in the face of our Lord Jesus Christ, the fulness of the Godhead bodily. God bless you.

Aimiel
November 5th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Well put, great post.

dialm
November 5th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Infinity is not a number. It is a concept.

The universe is not infinite. There is an end to it, although it seems to be expanding.

Hell is not infinite although it is expanding.

Sin is not infinite although it is expanding.

God is infinite but He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

freelight
November 6th, 2015, 12:18 AM

Such is a 'thought' central to Spirit.

3:1.1 The ability of the Universal Father to be everywhere present, and at the same time, constitutes his omnipresence. God alone can be in two places, in numberless places, at the same time. God is simultaneously present “in heaven above and on the earth beneath”; as the Psalmist exclaimed: “Whither shall I go from your spirit? or whither shall I flee from your presence?”

3:1.2 “`I am a God at hand as well as afar off,' says the Lord. `Do not I fill heaven and earth?'” The Universal Father is all the time present in all parts and in all hearts of his far-flung creation. He is “the fullness of him who fills all and in all,” and “who works all in all,” and further, the concept of his personality is such that “the heaven universe and heaven of heavens (universe of universes) cannot contain him.”

It is literally true that God is all and in all. But even that is not all of God. The Infinite can be finally revealed only in infinity; the cause can never be fully comprehended by an analysis of effects; the living God is immeasurably greater than the sum total of creation that has come into being as a result of the creative acts of his unfettered free will. God is revealed throughout the cosmos, but the cosmos can never contain or encompass the entirety of the infinity of God.

-UB (http://urantia-book.org/newbook/papers/p003.htm)

I would consider 'infinity' itself, first (philosophically), ......then 'God' as 'infinite'.

For those interested in creative explorative ventures in 'infinity', see my Infinity Blog here (http://yogaoffire.blogdrive.com/) (commentating on the first 12 chapters of Infinity (Book 1) by the Agni Yogi Society). - It must be so that the potential of infinity lies within the heart of man.

patrick jane
November 6th, 2015, 12:22 AM

The universe is not infinite. There is an end to it, although it seems to be expanding.

How do you know ? You have no evidence for these claims, as most all your claims.

patrick jane
November 6th, 2015, 12:28 AM
:DK:

Ok and that relates to infinity how?

Infiniti is likened to a car or suv. Very expensive :rapture:

Jerome84
November 6th, 2015, 01:36 AM
God has to be infinite. Logically God could not be finite.

For example if God could die and "disappear"?

Of course God is infinite in all ways possible.

God has existed forever and will continue to do so.

freelight
November 6th, 2015, 10:22 PM

If by 'God' we mean the infinite Being and Principle of life/existence itself,....(prior to personification or personality-expression)...then this universal Essence which originates all substance and form, all consciousness...we traditionally assume as 'infinite'. IT is the Infinite Itself.....unborn, undying, without beginning or end, formless, undimensional (Nirguna Brahman (http://www.hinduwebsite.com/brahman.asp) = God without qualities or attributes)

As we assume 'God' as 'Deity' being a divine Person or personality, this infinite Being takes on more definite form, dimensionality, relatable attributes and qualities,...yet we still assume this divine personality or 'Godhead' is 'infinite' in nature, with some modifications. ( Saguna Brahman (http://www.hinduwebsite.com/brahman.asp) = God with qualities and attributes, form/personality)

We bring this up just to note some schools accept only an impersonal Absolute Principle, since to personify IT, would be to limit or demean it in someway, since The Absolute is beyond relating, beyond knowing even, it just IS. It is the Mother or Matrix of existence/creation.

Only temporal forms which have beginnings and endings appear to be born and die, while the unborn and deathless remains as it IS.

Absolutely, and relatively.

This is because 'God' or the Universal Principle, the Absolute itself, is prior to and the source of all existence, for all creation emerges out from 'God' into its various forms and evolutions. All 'creation' is the expression of potentiality unfolding, evolving in the playground of space-time.

patrick jane
November 6th, 2015, 10:59 PM

Yes, Jerome !! Colossians 1:16 KJV - Hebrews 11:3 KJV -

OCTOBER23
November 6th, 2015, 11:28 PM
The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
Keeping watch on the evil and the good.
----------------------------------------------
EXPLANATION:

THE BILLIONS OF ANGELS HAVE EYES TO WATCH EVERYONE AND REPORT BACK TO GOD.

eg. JACOB'S LADDER.

Genesis 28:12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth,

and the top of it reached to heaven:

and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

Ask Mr. Religion
November 6th, 2015, 11:52 PM
The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
Keeping watch on the evil and the good.
----------------------------------------------
EXPLANATION:

THE BILLIONS OF ANGELS HAVE EYES TO WATCH EVERYONE AND REPORT BACK TO GOD.

Nonsense. You must be confusing the infinite Almighty God with some god of the Greek pantheon.

Scripture proclaims that heaven and earth cannot contain God (1 Kings 8:27), but He also fills heaven and earth with His presence (Jer 23:23–24). God is present throughout heaven and earth, yet He cannot be contained by heaven and earth. Scripture is declaring that God is infinite in that He is not confined to time and space. This concept is commonly called the doctrine of God’s omnipresence. God is not confined to any place. He is infinite, and so is present in all places at once. His center is everywhere. Though infinity may be applied to all God's attributes—he is infinitely merciful, infinitely wise, infinitely holy—yet, if we talk about God's infinity it implies God's omnipresence.

God must needs be infinite in all places at once, not only in regard to the simplicity and purity of His nature—but in regard to his power, which being so glorious, who can set bounds to Him, or prescribe Him a circuit to walk in? It is as if the drop should limit the ocean, or a candle set bounds to the sun.

AMR

OCTOBER23
November 7th, 2015, 09:49 AM
MR. RELIGION said,

Nonsense. You must be confusing the infinite Almighty God

with some god of the Greek pantheon.

Mr. Religion, you Obviously do not know your Bible !!

Where in the Bible does it say that God is INFINITE.??????

It only says that his Understanding is Infinite and NOT Him.

Psalms 147:5 Great is our Lord, and of great power:
his understanding is infinite.
------------------------------------------------------------------

GOD is NOT OMNIPRESENT.
------------------------------------
The Bible implies that God's Spirit is Working in All but Not His Person.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Corinthians 12:6 And there are diversities of operations,

but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him,

then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him

that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

-------------------------------------
JESUS is NOT OMNIPRESENT.

The Bible implies that JESUS fills all with HIS SPIRIT but is not Omnipresent
----------------------------------------------------------------
Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

chrysostom
November 7th, 2015, 09:55 AM
infinite means unlimited
and
the only thing that is without limits is love

Zeke
November 7th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Yes, I have been taught in Sunday school the attributes of God, but these arr thr things I know from His Word. God IS: He exists in 3 persons: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. All three are represented at creation, (Genesis 1, John 1, Collosians 1). The "trinity" which is not a word found in the Bible is yet seen throughout Old and New Testaments. They are one and there is no division or double-mindedness to God. He is one and unified in deed and intent: Deuteronomy 6:4, "Hear, Israel: YHWH is our God: YHWH is one:", and Matthew 28:19, "baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit", James 2:19, "You believe that God is one, you do well. The demons also believe and shudder."

Omnipotence. All are justified in believing God to be all powerful. Firstly, no one can empirically prove where the energy that is the source of all things resides. No one can prove these things either pro or con to God's claims, so since all of the prophesies in the Bible come to pass we are also justified in believing God is not a liar and can believe Him: Isaiah 44:24, "I am Yahweh, who makes all things; who alone stretches out the heavens; who spreads out the earth by myself", Hebrews 11:3, "By faith, we understand that the universe has been framed by the word of God, so that what is seen has not been made out of things which are visible", Isaiah 45:5, "I am Yahweh, and there is none else. Besides me, there is no God".

Omniscience. This we also know by prophesy and declairing of knowledge to the ancients that which we still discover. Isaiah 40:13-14, "Who has directed the Spirit of Yahweh, or has taught him as his counselor?

14Who did he take counsel with, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of justice, and taught him knowledge, and showed him the way of understanding?", and 46:10, "Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; [I am] God, and there is none like me;

10declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not [yet] done; saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure".

Omnipresence. Here are just a few verses. Proverbs 15:3, "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Watching the evil and the good", Colossians 1:7, "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.", and Psalm 139:7-10, "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me".

These are all verses anyone can find in a rudementary Google search. But these are attributes nonetheless, of which He has many. There is His Holiness, His Righteousness, His Perfection, Wisdom, Knowledge, Patience, Kindness, Love, and Mercy. Yes, those last two are indeed my favorites, as they have direct application to me, besides this one: God is a Person and Personal. And back to the Trinity we go: He IS Persons, and personal. God has a personality...Thee Personality. He is close and knowable, he put on flesh and blood and poured out His life for me, and you.

Jesus sat and ate with men. He held them and taught them. He said He knocks and whomever opens He will sup with. His Spirit is ever close, His kingdom within us. This is not a distant God. He is no far away force, but He is closer than a brother. He has a heart, emotions, and can be grieved. He is more than loving, but is THE definition of love itself. He is more than truthful, but the source of all truth. He is more than living, but is the source of all life, and this life He gives without merit in and through the Son.

The question may truly be not, "Is He infinate?", but "in how many ways?" He is the source of all that is good, and like the source of a great river we may not comprehend the depths of His plentitude, but may ever drink of His glory: the glory shown in the face of our Lord Jesus Christ, the fulness of the Godhead bodily. God bless you.

The Divine thought/vision isn't made of the visible but the creation process of that imagination/ becoming visible is made from the world of matter that the Divine expresses it self through from the micro to the macro.

You want to boast that God is the source of all the goodies and shy away from the Bad God is also responsible for in this school of duality. The thunder and lightning of matter OT, precedes the still small voice of the Spirit, NT.

OCTOBER23
November 7th, 2015, 10:32 AM
ZEKE said,
You want to boast that God is the source of all the goodies and shy away from the Bad God is also responsible for in this school of duality. The thunder and lightning of matter OT, precedes the still small voice of the Spirit, NT.
GOD GOT RID OF THE BAD GUYS.

Maybe you want a World Full of Sodomites who may come after you

just as they came after LOT and his household ???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zeke
November 7th, 2015, 11:08 AM
ZEKE said,
GOD GOT RID OF THE BAD GUYS.

Maybe you want a World Full of Sodomites who may come after you

just as they came after LOT and his household ???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're still around so he missed one.

WonderfulLordJesus
November 7th, 2015, 11:13 AM
I don't see where there is any doubt God is infinite on simple logical grounds. He created this vast universe we have yet to plumb the depths of, stars we can't number, and we also know another world on the other side of that veil of space darkness called heaven, His abode. So, this given, you can approach the question from the other side of it, that is, is the God who created all that limited in the worlds He could create? Can you come up with some number of worlds, where the power of eternal God would end? Is there any reason eternal God couldn't engage in creating, for eternity, if He willed? Cannot God do all things He wills?

The obvious answer is that He could, therefore He is infinite. Just the concept of the eternal is an infinite concept: God's very nature is infinite, period. It's only the concept of anybody having no beginning or ending, the concept of unlimited vastness, to small creatures born in time, is something hard to grasp, but this has no bearing on the existence of the infinite.

Draw a circle, then ask yourself where the beginning point and ending point is on a circle line, or even how many points you could have that makeup that circle line. Divide 22 by 7 and try to find where the pattern of numbers after the decimal place repeats, or simply divide 10 by 3 and ask yourself where the last 3 is to the right of the decimal. This, and many other examples, are even arithmetic evidence of the infinite in front of our noses, and anything eternal has no bounds, unless you can provide an answer to when eternity ends.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.

Psalms 19

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

OCTOBER23
November 7th, 2015, 11:42 AM
ZEKE ,

You're still around too , so he missed another one.

Desert Reign
November 7th, 2015, 11:51 AM

Psalms 147:5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.

Your God is not infinite. And will cease to exist in a few years time when he doesn't turn up on October 23rd to prove that you were such a cool adherent.

aikido7
November 7th, 2015, 03:03 PM

God is infinite but He is the same yesterday, today and forever.Ever since the historical appearance of Jesus, God has been effectively removed from his throne up in heaven.

God has “come down to earth.” He is no longer a remote, angry and jealous figure outside the universe, occasionally dipping in and out to effect some miracle.

As always, he can only make himself known to us through the laws of nature and physics that have been consistent through time.

OCTOBER23
November 8th, 2015, 08:42 AM
REIGN,:rain:

Thanks Reign, at least I am COOL :cool::king::rain:

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

:cigar::cigar:

intojoy
November 8th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Is October infidel?

Bright Raven
November 8th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Is God without limits? Yes.

OCTOBER23
November 8th, 2015, 07:23 PM
October is Bona Fide

chrysostom
November 8th, 2015, 08:07 PM
Is God without limits? Yes.

I don't agree with this
but
don't know how to describe what the limits may be

freelight
November 14th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Your God is not infinite. And will cease to exist in a few years time when he doesn't turn up on October 23rd to prove that you were such a cool adherent.

Funny thing is,...'God' cant show up anywhere, because He is already everywhere.

As an added bonus, NOT EVEN JESUS knows the specific day or hour of his 'coming', only The Father. - those who have named dates for his "appearing" so far, have been proved wrong.

chrysostom
November 14th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Funny thing is,...'God' cant show up anywhere, because He is already everywhere.

As an added bonus, NOT EVEN JESUS knows the specific day or hour of his 'coming', only The Father. - those who have named dates for his "appearing" so far, have been proved wrong.

Jesus knows now

as a man there might have been some limitations

freelight
November 14th, 2015, 09:50 PM
MR. RELIGION said,

Nonsense. You must be confusing the infinite Almighty God

with some god of the Greek pantheon.

Mr. Religion, you Obviously do not know your Bible !!

Where in the Bible does it say that God is INFINITE.??????

It only says that his Understanding is Infinite and NOT Him.

Psalms 147:5 Great is our Lord, and of great power:
his understanding is infinite.

GOD is NOT OMNIPRESENT.
------------------------------------
The Bible implies that God's Spirit is Working in All but Not His Person.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Corinthians 12:6 And there are diversities of operations,

but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him,

then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him

that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

-------------------------------------
JESUS is NOT OMNIPRESENT.

The Bible implies that JESUS fills all with HIS SPIRIT but is not Omnipresent
Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

By way of infinite Spirit, Energy and Consciousness.....'God' is omnipresent. 'God' is infinite in 'presence', before space and time, including all space and time....with and without dimensions.

If you'd like to specify any particular personality or form of 'God' as being limited or defined in 'form', then that may be in a relational sense as that 'form' or 'personality' RELATES and inter-acts with other forms and personalities. Yet these differentials of form and personality are still indwelt, pervaded by and encompassed by the infinity of God, the universality of God-presence and consciousness. All dimensions appear in and spring from the undimensional.

chrysostom
November 14th, 2015, 09:53 PM
By way of infinite Spirit, Energy and Consciousness.....'God' is omnipresent. 'God' is infinite in 'presence', before space and time, including all space and time....with and without dimensions.

If you'd like to specify any particular personality or form of 'God' as being limited or defined in 'form', then that may be in a relational sense as that 'form' or 'personality' RELATES and inter-acts with other forms and personalities. Yet these differentials of form and personality are still indwelt, pervaded by and encompassed by the infinity of God, the universality of God-presence and consciousness. All dimensions appear in and spring from the undimensional.

didn't you get the memo?
there is no space
there is no matter
it is just an illusion of a non dual nature
but
it is real

freelight
November 14th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Jesus knows now

Some might question that, since that assumes that he didn't know at one time, but now does. What proof can you provide that he NOW knows?

as a man there might have been some limitations.

And traditional-orthodox Christian theology still assumes Jesus is fully 'man', even if he is glorified in resurrected form. Could perhaps this Jesus still be limited in some way, but much less than when he was incarnated? ;)

chrysostom
November 14th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Some might question that, since that assumes that he didn't know at one time, but now does. What proof can you provide that he NOW knows?

He is God

you may not have gotten that part

truthjourney
November 14th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Yes I believe God is infinite.

God is everlasting. Ps. 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, you are God. Isa. 40:28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. Hab. 1:12 LORD, are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, you will never die....

He is eternal. Gen. 21:33 Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba, and there he called on the name of the LORD, the Eternal God. Ps. 93:2 Your throne was established long ago; you are from all eternity.

No limitations, nothing impossible for God. Gen. 18:14 Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son." Jer. 13:17 "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. Matt. 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible. Ps. 147:5 Great is our LORD and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit. Ps. 145:3 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.

Jeremiah 23:23-24 "Am I a God who is near," declares the LORD, "And not a God far off? "Can a man hide himself in hiding places So I do not see him?" declares the LORD "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?" declares the LORD. Ps. 139:7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?

Lam. 3:22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;
Job 36:26 How great is God--beyond our understanding! The number of his years is past finding out.
Isa. 40:8 The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever."

1Tim. 1:17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

freelight
November 14th, 2015, 11:52 PM
He is God

you may not have gotten that part

Well,...its a part that has been the subject of church council debates for many centuries,....I don't think they proved it, but rather just all agreed to make it the accepted doctrine of the church-state at the time, making it 'orthodox' by their standards ;)

Lets be reminded again, Jesus said no one knows the exact time of his appearing but the Father. Why or how has that changed?

daqq
November 15th, 2015, 03:05 AM

And traditional-orthodox Christian theology still assumes Jesus is fully 'man', even if he is glorified in resurrected form. Could perhaps this Jesus still be limited in some way, but much less than when he was incarnated? ;)

Well,...its a part that has been the subject of church council debates for many centuries,....I don't think they proved it, but rather just all agreed to make it the accepted doctrine of the church-state at the time, making it 'orthodox' by their standards ;)

Lets be reminded again, Jesus said no one knows the exact time of his appearing but the Father. Why or how has that changed?

:thumb: If the Master says he did not know at that time, but the dogma says he knows it now, then it seems a contradiction has been forced by the dogma:

Matthew 24:35-36
35. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36. But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

If we say he knows it now then his former words from this very statement have "passed away" because the dogma says that these words are no longer effectual, (this is also the problem with the historical "one time only fulfillment of Bible prophecy" mentality). And since the above statement is to each in his or her own appointed times, (and none shall be alone in his appointed times) the statement then stands for all time, until time is no more, (each in his or her own appointed times when a "child" becomes a "son" and joint-heir of all things, Galatians 4:1-2).

2 Corinthians 12:2-4
2. I knew an anthropos-man in Messiah from-above fourteen years: whether in the body, not I know, or whether out of the body, not I know, (Elohim knows it!) such a one, [toioutos-character] was harpazo-caught up to the third heaven.
3. ALSO I know an anthropos-man, such a one, [toioutos - separate character id-entity] whether in the body, or apart from the body, not I know, (Elohim knows it!)
4. How that he was harpazo-caught up into Paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Where Paul herein above writes "God knows" or "God knows it" he appears to be pointing the reader to another place where this occurs in the Scripture, and that is, not only when the Master makes mention of it in the previous Matthew passage quoted above but also the Prophet Zechariah:

Zechariah 14:7
7. But it shall be one day, (YHWH knows it) neither day, nor night: but it shall come to pass that at evening there shall be Light.

freelight
November 15th, 2015, 04:55 PM
:thumb: If the Master says he did not know at that time, but the dogma says he knows it now, then it seems a contradiction has been forced by the dogma:

Matthew 24:35-36
35. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36. But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

If we say he knows it now then his former words from this very statement have "passed away" because the dogma says that these words are no longer effectual, (this is also the problem with the historical "one time only fulfillment of Bible prophecy" mentality). And since the above statement is to each in his or her own appointed times, (and none shall be alone in his appointed times) the statement then stands for all time, until time is no more, (each in his or her own appointed times when a "child" becomes a "son" and joint-heir of all things, Galatians 4:1-2).

2 Corinthians 12:2-4
2. I knew an anthropos-man in Messiah from-above fourteen years: whether in the body, not I know, or whether out of the body, not I know, (Elohim knows it!) such a one, [toioutos-character] was harpazo-caught up to the third heaven.
3. ALSO I know an anthropos-man, such a one, [toioutos - separate character id-entity] whether in the body, or apart from the body, not I know, (Elohim knows it!)
4. How that he was harpazo-caught up into Paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Where Paul herein above writes "God knows" or "God knows it" he appears to be pointing the reader to another place where this occurs in the Scripture, and that is, not only when the Master makes mention of it in the previous Matthew passage quoted above but also the Prophet Zechariah:

Zechariah 14:7
7. But it shall be one day, (YHWH knows it) neither day, nor night: but it shall come to pass that at evening there shall be Light.

Bingo. I don't see how any assumption that "Jesus is God" really proves anything really. There is ample evidence that Jesus is not 'God'(proper), but the 'SON' of 'God', although his divinity is supported of course, but by certain qualifications. This is further complicated by the orthodox 'assumption' of his both 'human' and 'divine' natures, which appears to be a necessary 'con-fusion' with the whole mystery of the 'Trinity' anyways. Jesus just happens to get 'stuck' in the mess.

You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

- Jesus

Lon
November 18th, 2015, 12:09 AM

Use a concordance, regardless what version you are using. It makes sense of this quickly. Yes, God is infinite (has no limits).

aikido7
November 18th, 2015, 12:17 AM
What happens when a limitless, infinite consciousness collides with a limited, finite consciousness?

The answer is to be found in the interpretations of men.

Here on earth, God's work must truly be our own.

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 12:27 AM
Bingo. I don't see how any assumption that "Jesus is God" really proves anything really. There is ample evidence that Jesus is not 'God'(proper), but the 'SON' of 'God', although his divinity is supported of course, but by certain qualifications. This is further complicated by the orthodox 'assumption' of his both 'human' and 'divine' natures, which appears to be a necessary 'con-fusion' with the whole mystery of the 'Trinity' anyways. Jesus just happens to get 'stuck' in the mess.

There is NO SAVIOR but God. Has He hidden Himself from you?
What is Isaiah saying?

Isaiah 43:11
I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no savior.

Isaiah 45:15
Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

Isaiah 45:21
Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Jesus Christ....the SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD. The Lord our God is ONE LORD.

John 4:42
And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

What is Thomas saying here?

John 20:28-29
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

glorydaz
November 18th, 2015, 12:31 AM
What happens when a limitless, infinite consciousness collides with a limited, finite consciousness?

The answer is to be found in the interpretations of men.

Here on earth, God's work must truly be our own.

They don't "collide". The Holy Spirit comes to dwell in us when we believe. The Bible makes this very clear....the "interpretations of men" have nothing to do with the word of God.

aikido7
November 18th, 2015, 12:49 AM
They don't "collide". The Holy Spirit comes to dwell in us when we believe. The Bible makes this very clear....the "interpretations of men" have nothing to do with the word of God.Thank you. You are absolutely right. A better word would impart a little more softness and grace like God (not all of him, of course) indwelling in humankind.

Words DO matter.

freelight
December 12th, 2015, 02:09 AM
~*~*~

Another thought for your pondering. Consider.....if God is truly infinite, there is a part of God that is ever unknowable. The finite can never reach, contain, comprehend or fathom the Infinite in its totality, but shares in some dimension of its ever yielding potential, as far as can be realized in each sphere of existence or order of creation.

~*~*~

A Theosophical View:

We can take this even further from a Theosophical perspective and hold that the term 'God' is not a proper name for The Infinite, since the word 'God' is often laden with anthropomorphic features and human qualities, which actually demean and degrade what is truly absolute, since the absolute and infinite reality is not personal, finite, relative, human or any such limiting description, for IT is truly beginningless, endless, boundless. In Theosophy then,....the One Eternal Thing (which is actually No-Thing)....is the Infinite potentiality, the absolute abstract space, absolute matter, absolute consciousness, absolute duration from which all manifest existence comes forth then returns back into since this universal space-matter-energy is eternal. There is no 'God' or gods involved in the process, but only imagined by men in various belief systems.

See: The Impersonal Divine
A FINITE PERSONAL GOD OR THE UNCONDITIONED ABSTRACT ALL? (http://blavatskytheosophy.com/the-impersonal-divine/)

~*~*~

From another POV, the Urantia Book reveals God as a divine Personality, and the source of all personality in the cosmos. In fact personality itself is one of the unique revelations in the papers. To hear Paper 1 on this subject go here (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2838823&postcount=1336). As a student of both these schools and other traditions, my concept of 'God' includes all that is personal and non-personal. 'God' is essentially a term for the eternal, infinite, omnipresent, energy, essence, consciousness of life, pure spirit, pure light. 'God' personalized is a form of God we personally imagine and relate to on a personal level, while The Infinite ALL is ever so much more.

Truster
December 12th, 2015, 03:55 AM

And some are incapable of spiritual thought. As the OP proves.

freelight
December 15th, 2015, 10:59 PM

Nirvanic blowout! ;):cool::crackup:

daqq
December 16th, 2015, 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by aikido7 http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/images/bluesaint/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4522862#post4522862)

Nirvanic blowout! ;):cool::crackup:

:think: :)

Exodus 33:2-6
2. And I will send an Angel before you; and I will drive out the Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, the Evite, and the Jebusite:
3. Unto a land flowing with milk and honey; for I will not go up in the midst of you, for you are a stiffnecked people, lest I consume you in the way!
4. And when the people heard these evil tidings, they mourned, and no man did put on him his head-gear:
5. For YHWH said unto Moshe: Say unto the sons of Yisrael, You are a stiffnecked people; I will come up into the midst of you in the wink of an eye and consume you! Therefore now put off your head-gear from you; for I know what I will to do unto you!
6. And the sons of Yisrael plucked off their head-gear from mount Horeb.

Ahah, yes, Torah of Elohim, that is, Horeb, of the mind, (Rom 7:25).
And our Elohim is a consuming fire, (Deut 4:24, Heb 12:29). :chuckle:

Lazy afternoon
December 16th, 2015, 04:21 AM

I believe God is greater than we can imagine or even think.

but Jesus is able to be comprehended by those He loves and who love Him with a pure heart, which He makes in them if they meet His conditions they are able to keep.

LA

TulipBee
December 16th, 2015, 07:12 AM
God is in 3d. He covers every number in x. He covers every number in y. He covers every number in z. He covers every number in xyz. If you're not ready for 3d, then you're not ready for 4d. If you're not ready for 4d, then you're not ready for the fifth dimension. The unregenerates can't even see God in the first dimension. This topic is in 2d.