PDA

View Full Version : How

God's Truth
September 30th, 2015, 12:46 PM
How do you love if you are not obeying God?

genuineoriginal
September 30th, 2015, 12:51 PM

1 John 5:2-3
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

God's Truth
September 30th, 2015, 01:09 PM
1 John 5:2-3
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Amen.

elohiym
September 30th, 2015, 02:17 PM

Feigned love?

God's Truth
September 30th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Feigned love?

Exactly.

Jamie Gigliotti
September 30th, 2015, 08:09 PM

So those that say they are full of His love and Grace and don't love and obey God are either deceived into thinking they have truly experienced His love or have experienced it and now reject it and Him and His love. The parable of the seed is alive and well.

God's Truth
October 1st, 2015, 02:46 PM
So those that say they are full of His love and Grace and don't love and obey God are either deceived into thinking they have truly experienced His love or have experienced it and now reject it and Him and His love. The parable of the seed is alive and well.

I love the parable of the sower. I always believed in God and Jesus, but I knew I did not see, I knew I did not have ears that hear. I did not believe I was one of the righteous people. I was not of the in crowd growing up, and I did not have a good and lasting friendship with anyone. Nothing good really ever happened to me, so I asked myself why would God ever want anything to do with me.
I knew I did not understand, but I did not want to be as those who do not understand and the devil takes away what was sown in them. I was confused about those who had no root, and it bothered me that I might not have any roots. I did not want to be as the seed that was choked out by life's troubles. There was no way I thought I had good soil, which signifies a good and honest heart, so what hope was there for me? That part worried me the most. I did not understand any of it, but I knew what I wanted and what I did not want. I wanted to have God's Truth and to belong to Him more than I wanted anything else in life.

I remember telling God, I am nothing special by even human terms, but if I do everything that you say your children do, then maybe you will mistake me for one of yours and l can slip in behind you with the others.

So I started to do everything that I remembered ever hearing and reading about what Jesus said...admit I am a sinner, confess and repent of my sins, forgive others, do not steal, do not bear false witness, do not commit adultery.
I admitted I was a sinner, and then thought of every sin I had ever committed, even the sin of not feeling loved as a baby by a mother who no doubt loved me.

Jesus saved me after I believed and obeyed exactly as he said. I have a powerful testimony; which I am not sure that anyone here cares about.

God's Truth
October 1st, 2015, 02:57 PM

There are people who think that their faith is great and that it is enough.

jamie
October 1st, 2015, 03:31 PM
There are people who think that their faith is great and that it is enough.

Yes, faith is demonstrated by action.

God's Truth
October 1st, 2015, 03:43 PM

Those who preach we only have to have faith must not know the wonderful power in obeying Jesus, or else they would preach it too.

jamie
October 1st, 2015, 04:13 PM
Those who preach we only have to have faith must not know the wonderful power in obeying Jesus, or else they would preach it too.

Perhaps they don't understand the parable of the talents. We are given faith so that we serve God above our self.

Robert Pate
October 1st, 2015, 04:19 PM

If you were obeying God you would not be here on this earth.

musterion
October 1st, 2015, 04:52 PM
HowBack atcha.

http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/funworld/131025-Plus-Size-Native-American-Brave-Costume-large.jpg

Lazy afternoon
October 1st, 2015, 04:53 PM
Posters should be wary of the faker neg repper ---

September 30th, 2015 06:24 AM SaulToPaul Who neg repped who first? Be honest, for once in your life.

LA

Robert Pate
October 1st, 2015, 05:16 PM

Then you must believe that Paul is a liar.

Romans 4:5.

musterion
October 1st, 2015, 05:26 PM

If only they realized that, under grace, faith is what is required to obey God, not the religious works of righteousness that can be performed completely without the faith God required.

aikido7
October 1st, 2015, 05:29 PM
How do you love if you are not obeying God?How to love comes only to those who were treated with unconditional caring, respect and fairness when they were young.

You either have a good love within and can easily give it away to others, or your own dysfunctions continue to stifle any effort made on its behalf.

Sometimes our relationships fail time and time again. Instead of blaming the other person, we need to look within ourselves first.

We are freely able to love Jesus without any "un-Christ-like" conditions. All we need to do is come before him with humility.

Lazy afternoon
October 1st, 2015, 05:37 PM

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

To believe on, is not just believing something.

Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

LA

Jamie Gigliotti
October 1st, 2015, 09:03 PM
I love the parable of the sower. I always believed in God and Jesus, but I knew I did not see, I knew I did not have ears that hear. I did not believe I was one of the righteous people. I was not of the in crowd growing up, and I did not have a good and lasting friendship with anyone. Nothing good really ever happened to me, so I asked myself why would God ever want anything to do with me.
I knew I did not understand, but I did not want to be as those who do not understand and the devil takes away what was sown in them. I was confused about those who had no root, and it bothered me that I might not have any roots. I did not want to be as the seed that was choked out by life's troubles. There was no way I thought I had good soil, which signifies a good and honest heart, so what hope was there for me? That part worried me the most. I did not understand any of it, but I knew what I wanted and what I did not want. I wanted to have God's Truth and to belong to Him more than I wanted anything else in life.

I remember telling God, I am nothing special by even human terms, but if I do everything that you say your children do, then maybe you will mistake me for one of yours and l can slip in behind you with the others.

So I started to do everything that I remembered ever hearing and reading about what Jesus said...admit I am a sinner, confess and repent of my sins, forgive others, do not steal, do not bear false witness, do not commit adultery.
I admitted I was a sinner, and then thought of every sin I had ever committed, even the sin of not feeling loved as a baby by a mother who no doubt loved me.

Jesus saved me after I believed and obeyed exactly as he said. I have a powerful testimony; which I am not sure that anyone here cares about.

Every life turned around by Jesus is a glorious thing. And God uses the truth of what He does by His truth to spread the truth.

Sounds like you are experiencing the truth of,
""If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For who ever would save his life would lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it." Luke 9:23-24
Awesome!

Surely we experience more and more of Him and His love the more we submit to Him.

Surrender is where freedom is.

Jamie Gigliotti
October 1st, 2015, 09:34 PM
If only they realized that, under grace, faith is what is required to obey God, not the religious works of righteousness that can be performed completely without the faith God required.
No one does good with out God. Faith gives us His grace and the forgivness of our past sins. His love and Grace are intended to do this, "But now that you have been set free from sin and have become a slaves to God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and it's end eternal life." Romans 6:22

Grosnick Marowbe
October 2nd, 2015, 01:22 AM
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

To believe on, is not just believing something.

Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

LA

James was writing to the scattered sheep of the House of Israel, not
to the Gentiles. (Us)

Lazy afternoon
October 2nd, 2015, 01:32 AM
to the Gentiles. (Us)

Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
Jas 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
Jas 1:16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Jas 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
Jas 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Jas 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

God's Truth
October 2nd, 2015, 05:57 AM
Perhaps they don't understand the parable of the talents. We are given faith so that we serve God above our self.

Faith comes from hearing, being taught, persuaded, and convinced. Those who have been given much in life, as in given the capability to hear, be taught, persuaded, and convinced, they are of the ones who will have the talents taken from them if they have not given their life to Jesus.

God's Truth
October 2nd, 2015, 06:01 AM
If you were obeying God you would not be here on this earth.

You cannot even answer the question of the thread.

Please answer the question.

Your remark does not even make sense. I am seated with Jesus, and I have my thoughts heavenward.

Colossians 3:2 1Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. 3For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God

God's Truth
October 2nd, 2015, 06:03 AM
Back atcha.

http://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/funworld/131025-Plus-Size-Native-American-Brave-Costume-large.jpg

That is really entertaining for some; however, could you answer the question now?

I am begging you to answer the question.

God's Truth
October 2nd, 2015, 06:06 AM
Posters should be wary of the faker neg repper ---

LA

He makes his life one of vindictiveness.

God's Truth
October 2nd, 2015, 06:09 AM

So tell me, how do you love if you are not obeying God, and how do you think Paul loved if he was not obeying God?

God's Truth
October 2nd, 2015, 06:11 AM

Jesus' teachings are not "religious works".

Jesus' teachings are full of Spirit and life, see John 6:63.

Please answer the question of the thread.

God's Truth
October 2nd, 2015, 06:28 AM
How to love comes only to those who were treated with unconditional caring, respect and fairness when they were young.
If it is only to those who were given unconditional love by their parents, then what hope for the rest of the world? So as you can tell by my comment, I do not agree with you.

By the way, love is NOT unconditional. Jesus says if you obey then God is your Father; and if you do wrong, then the devil is your father.

Did you hear that? It is clear.

Tell me, how much love is the spouse doing who doesn't help you, beats on you, consumes drugs, and commits adultery?

How much love is the parent doing who does not take care of their children?

How much love is your neighbor doing, your neighbor who steals from you and bears false witness?

Love does no harm.

Tell me, how do you love if you are not obeying Jesus?

You either have a good love within and can easily give it away to others, or your own dysfunctions continue to stifle any effort made on its behalf.

Don't you see what you just said? You said you either have "good love" or what?

Sometimes our relationships fail time and time again. Instead of blaming the other person, we need to look within ourselves first.
Who are you trying to blame?

We are freely able to love Jesus without any "un-Christ-like" conditions. All we need to do is come before him with humility.

What conditions are you proposing to be "un-Christ-like"?

God's Truth
October 2nd, 2015, 06:31 AM
Every life turned around by Jesus is a glorious thing. And God uses the truth of what He does by His truth to spread the truth.

Sounds like you are experiencing the truth of,
""If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For who ever would save his life would lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it." Luke 9:23-24
Awesome!

Surely we experience more and more of Him and His love the more we submit to Him.

Surrender is where freedom is.

We have to surrender first to be saved. Can you agree with that?

God's Truth
October 2nd, 2015, 06:32 AM
to the Gentiles. (Us)

James writes Jesus' words, which are for the whole world.

jamie
October 2nd, 2015, 08:09 AM
to the Gentiles. (Us)

Jesus said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” (Matthew 15:24 NKJV)

He also said, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations..." (Matthew 28:19 NKJV)

Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. (Galatians 3:7 NKJV)

God's Truth
October 2nd, 2015, 11:19 AM
Jesus said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” (Matthew 15:24 NKJV)

He also said, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations..." (Matthew 28:19 NKJV)

Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. (Galatians 3:7 NKJV)

Exactly. GM will not accept the truth that when Jesus was on earth, he came only for the lost sheep of Israel, and when he was crucified, then all could come to him to be saved; see John 12:32.

Jesus' words are full of Spirit and life for EVERYONE. See John 6:63.

God's Truth
October 2nd, 2015, 12:56 PM
to the Gentiles. (Us)

GM, according to your beliefs, Jesus' words were full of Spirit and life only for the lost sheep of Israel. Tell me, how is it that you teach Jesus' words stop giving life? According to your beliefs, Jesus' words stop giving life past the lost sheep of Israel. According to you, Jesus' words are limited. Common sense should show you that what you say is wrong.

Jamie Gigliotti
October 2nd, 2015, 02:59 PM
We have to surrender first to be saved. Can you agree with that?

How could we be a slave to sin and a slave to God at the same time? I trust Jesus and His words, if we lose our life to Him we save it.

God's Truth
October 2nd, 2015, 07:18 PM
How could we be a slave to sin and a slave to God at the same time? I trust Jesus and His words, if we lose our life to Him we save it.

Just listen to what you said..."if we lose our life to Him we save it."

That is right, because you have to obey what Jesus says before you can be saved. You have to lose your life to...TO BE SAVED.

Can't you see it?

God's Truth
October 3rd, 2015, 08:10 AM
I am waiting for Musterion and GM to come back and tell me how they love without obeying God.

Jamie Gigliotti
October 3rd, 2015, 08:21 AM
Just listen to what you said..."if we lose our life to Him we save it."

That is right, because you have to obey what Jesus says before you can be saved. You have to lose your life to...TO BE SAVED.

Can't you see it?
Abosolutely if Jesus said it, it's truth. Why do people ignore His words?

God's Truth
October 3rd, 2015, 08:28 AM
Abosolutely if Jesus said it, it's truth. Why do people ignore His words?

Amen.

We have to believe Jesus to be saved. We have to believe what Jesus says. What does Jesus say? Jesus tells us what we have to do to be saved. We have to obey what Jesus says to be saved.

Right Divider
October 3rd, 2015, 09:32 AM

And He said BOTH of those things to His TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes of Israel.

When Israel REJECTED THEM, God revealed things to Paul, like Gods dispensing of grace to the world APART from Israel.
Rom 11:11 KJV I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
You need to look at BOTH the similarities AND the differences in the ministries of the TWELVE and the ONE. Too many people here (like you) see ONLY the similarities and completely ignore the differences. This is one reason that you're so confused about what God is doing today.

Don't you think it odd that this verse comes just shortly after the twelve and Paul (and Barnabas) agreed to split the ministries with Paul (and Barnabas) going to the heathen and the twelve going to the circumcision? Especially in light of Matthew 28:19!

Also, don't forget that Israel will be resurrected!
Rom 11:15 KJV For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

God's Truth
October 3rd, 2015, 11:10 AM
And He said BOTH of those things to His TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes of Israel.
Paul says Jesus came first for them, for they are the people who believed in and obeyed God’s commands, the ceremonial works, just to be able to go to the temple to worship God.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

When Israel REJECTED THEM, God revealed things to Paul, like Gods dispensing of grace to the world APART from Israel.
Rom 11:11 KJV I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

There were Jews who believed the gospel of grace from Jesus.

Paul himself is a Jew, and so are the other apostles.

See Romans 11:1.

You need to look at BOTH the similarities AND the differences in the ministries of the TWELVE and the ONE.
There are no differences. The people were different, not the gospel.

There were Jews who followed the old law, and there were Gentiles who followed nothing but the way of the flesh.

Both have to follow Jesus, who CAME WITH GRACE. See John 1:17.

Too many people here (like you) see ONLY the similarities and completely ignore the differences. This is one reason that you're so confused about what God is doing today.
Don't you think it odd that this verse comes just shortly after the twelve and Paul (and Barnabas) agreed to split the ministries with Paul (and Barnabas) going to the heathen and the twelve going to the circumcision? Especially in light of Matthew 28:19!

Paul and Barnabas did NOT agree to split the MINISTRIES. They agreed to go to the Gentiles and let the others stay with those of the Jewish decent!

Rom 11:15 KJV For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of thembe, but life from the dead?

NOT EVERY BLOOD related to Abraham will be saved! Not everyone who calls themselves Jew will be saved! For only the REMNANT will be saved. The remnant is those who become the TRUE ISRAEL by faith and obedience to God.

intojoy
October 3rd, 2015, 01:20 PM

By placing you on ignore.

"I'm loving it"

God's Truth
October 3rd, 2015, 01:40 PM
By placing you on ignore.

"I'm loving it"

Why are you afraid to answer the question?

God's Truth
October 4th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Why don't those of the MAD doctrines answer the question?

Why don't those of the faith alone preachers answer the question?

Lazy afternoon
October 4th, 2015, 08:13 PM

You need to look at BOTH the similarities AND the differences in the ministries of the TWELVE and the ONE. Too many people here (like you) see ONLY the similarities and completely ignore the differences. This is one reason that you're so confused about what God is doing today.

Rom 11:15 KJV For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Wrong.

All the living elect of Israel became Christians beginning at Pentecost.

LA

intojoy
October 4th, 2015, 08:36 PM
I already did obey. I'm done. Eternally secured :)$

Grosnick Marowbe
October 5th, 2015, 03:41 AM
Why don't those of the MAD doctrines answer the question?

Why don't those of the faith alone preachers answer the question?

hi

God's Truth
October 5th, 2015, 09:28 AM

Are you saying you do not love?

God's Truth
October 5th, 2015, 09:30 AM
hi

Are you admitting you do not love?

Right Divider
October 5th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Wrong.

LA
You continue to show your ignorance of the big picture documented in scripture.

God's Truth
October 5th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Wrong.

LA

That is right.

Grosnick Marowbe
October 5th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Are you admitting you do not love?

Does the word "hi" mean that I don't love? If "hi" means
that, "I don't love" in some, "Bizarro world" that you live in,
than, I guess I don't love.

God's Truth
October 5th, 2015, 04:51 PM

You said hi here and hi in a negative rep to me. THAT IS YOUR ANSWER TO MY QUESTION OF how do you obey?
I didn't think you did.

Grosnick Marowbe
October 5th, 2015, 05:29 PM
You said hi here and hi in a negative rep to me. THAT IS YOUR ANSWER TO MY QUESTION OF how do you obey?
I didn't think you did.

Do you REALLY believe I care what you think?

glorydaz
October 5th, 2015, 06:58 PM

:rotfl:

glorydaz
October 5th, 2015, 07:09 PM

Yep, the obedience of FAITH.

Here are those who trust in their own obedience. God's untruth et al. (imperfect obedience)

Deut. 28:66KJV
And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:

Here are those who trust in the obedience of that righteous ONE, the Lord Jesus Christ. Only HIS work is righteous and perfect. (perfect obedience) Romans 5:19KJV

Isaiah 32:17KJV
And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

God's Truth
October 5th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Do you REALLY believe I care what you think?

You would if cared about God.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,

God's Truth
October 5th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Yep, the obedience of FAITH.

Here are those who trust in their own obedience. God's untruth et al. (imperfect obedience)

Deut. 28:66KJV
And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:

You have been told repeatedly that I love obeying Jesus.

You have been told repeatedly that I do not fear losing my salvation.

You are backwards, for only sinners have doubt and fear. Do you really think that scripture is speaking of the obedient?

Here are those who trust in the obedience of that righteous ONE, the Lord Jesus Christ. Only HIS work is righteous and perfect. (perfect obedience) Romans 5:19KJV

Isaiah 32:17KJV
And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

That is right the obedience of faith. Faith that is living by the addition of obedience.

Lazy afternoon
October 8th, 2015, 04:25 AM
Wrong.

LA

You continue to show your ignorance of the big picture documented in scripture.

You mean the big picture of MAD doctrine which denies the clear evidence of scripture?

I repeat.

All of the living elect of Israel became Christians beginning at Pentecost.

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
Act 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

You need to seek the Lord and be found by Him, instead of relying upon your MAD teachings.

LA

musterion
October 8th, 2015, 04:45 AM
The work that put sinners right with God is complete. The old hymn tells the truth: “Jesus Paid It All!” We cannot add anything to this saving work that Jesus has accomplished. We cannot improve on it. We cannot supplement it. We cannot make it shine any brighter. We cannot do anything to make God love us more than He already does …

Nothing we can ever learn, nothing that we will ever do, nothing we might ever experience can contribute anything whatsoever to the work that sets us right with God. That work is the perfect doing and the perfect dying of Jesus Christ… Jesus completed the work. God accepted it and stamped it with His endorsement. The work that sets us right with God is finished. “It is finished!” …

The gospel is the “good news” that God has set sinners right with Himself through Jesus Christ.

Edward William Fudge
The Great Rescue: The Story of God’s Amazing Grace (2002)
page 86

Jamie Gigliotti
October 8th, 2015, 12:37 PM
"And He died for all, that those who live may no longer live for themselves, but for Him who for their sake died and was raised." 2 Corinthians 5:15
The work is finished when a sinner is moved by the Cross to do this.

God's Truth
October 8th, 2015, 02:38 PM
The work that put sinners right with God is complete. The old hymn tells the truth: “Jesus Paid It All!” We cannot add anything to this saving work that Jesus has accomplished. We cannot improve on it. We cannot supplement it. We cannot make it shine any brighter. We cannot do anything to make God love us more than He already does …
Nothing we can ever learn, nothing that we will ever do, nothing we might ever experience can contribute anything whatsoever to the work that sets us right with God. That work is the perfect doing and the perfect dying of Jesus Christ… Jesus completed the work. God accepted it and stamped it with His endorsement. The work that sets us right with God is finished. “It is finished!” …
The gospel is the “good news” that God has set sinners right with Himself through Jesus Christ.
Edward William Fudge
The Great Rescue: The Story of God’s Amazing Grace (2002)
page 86

You couldn't be any more wrong.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he does it by our faith that his blood cleans us---after we repent of our sins.

We are then to live up to what we have received, and we are to REMAIN IN JESUS' LOVE BY OBEYING.

I spoke scripture.

You speak of a song by sinful man .

Grosnick Marowbe
October 8th, 2015, 04:18 PM
You couldn't be any more wrong.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he does it by our faith that his blood cleans us---after we repent of our sins.

We are then to live up to what we have received, and we are to REMAIN IN JESUS' LOVE BY OBEYING.

I spoke scripture.

You speak of a song by sinful man .

You're a typical worker. No more, no less.

Jamie Gigliotti
October 8th, 2015, 05:38 PM
You're a typical worker. No more, no less.

We either work for Christ or the self. He either inspires us with His love or He doesn't.

Right Divider
October 8th, 2015, 06:51 PM
We either work for Christ or the self. He either inspires us with His love or He doesn't.
So by this it sounds like you think that you can earn eternal life by YOUR wonderful work. Think again.

God's Truth
October 8th, 2015, 09:14 PM
So by this it sounds like you think that you can earn eternal life by YOUR wonderful work. Think again.

How do you eat Jesus?

How do you live through Jesus?

How does Jesus live through you?

Jamie Gigliotti
October 8th, 2015, 10:04 PM

"Do you not know that if you present yourslves as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one of whom you obey, either of sin which leads to death, or of obedience which leads to righteousness?" Romans 6:16

Totton Linnet
October 9th, 2015, 03:20 AM

I hardly believe a word you say, and what you do is troll.

In order to obey God you have to learn some things which you will not learn, you refuse to learn.

The very first thing to know about obedience to God is to know that it is impossible for our flesh to obey God because our flesh and our minds are set at enmity with God....we have to receive enablement.

It is something you know nowt about.

Here is ALL of God's commands

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all the heart, all the mind and all the strength and thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Go ahead lie through your teeth, tell everyone on TOL that you obey these the only commands God has given us....every day, every hour.

People as say they are saved by obedience are liars

Jamie Gigliotti
October 9th, 2015, 04:52 AM

In order to obey God you have to learn some things which you will not learn, you refuse to learn.

The very first thing to know about obedience to God is to know that it is impossible for our flesh to obey God because our flesh and our minds are set at enmity with God....we have to receive enablement.

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all the heart, all the mind and all the strength and thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Go ahead lie through your teeth, tell everyone on TOL that you obey these the only commands God has given us....every day, every hour.

Are you against us surrendering to God? What could God not do by His power, love, and Spirit in a surrendered soul?

God's Truth
October 9th, 2015, 05:10 AM
You are a false accuser of the brethren; from whom did you learn that?

You hinder people from being saved because you say we cannot obey until we are already saved.

The Bible says the Holy Spirit is given to THOSE WHO OBEY. See Acts 5:32.

What you just said is a contradiction. You said we cannot obey until we are enabled to obey, and then you say we have to obey, and that is by knowing it is impossible to obey. You are badly confused.

God does not enable people to obey. That is ludicrous.

You can do none of those things unless you obey God.

Of course, I am obeying God, every day and every hour.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses whom he saves.

Jesus tells us what kind of people he saves, and he tells us how to become those people.

If you do not obey the Way, then you are not with the Father.

God's Truth
October 9th, 2015, 05:16 AM

Romans 8:7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.

Those who live ONLY TO PLEASE THE FLESH cannot please God.

Not everyone is only interested in only pleasing their flesh.

You have been taught wrong

We are flesh AND spirit.

There are people who want more from this life

Totton Linnet
October 9th, 2015, 03:57 PM
Are you against us surrendering to God? What could God not do by His power, love, and Spirit in a surrendered soul?

You'll never surrender to Him while you got freewill, it's 2 different things. And if we's surrender to Him then HE will be the one doing the works through us.

Totton Linnet
October 9th, 2015, 04:00 PM
If you do not love the Lord your God with ALL your heart and soul and mind, and if you do not love thy neighbour [why don't you attend regular fellowship?] as thyself...

...you are in breach of ALL God's commandments.

God's Truth
October 9th, 2015, 05:10 PM
If you do not love the Lord your God with ALL your heart and soul and mind, and if you do not love thy neighbour [why don't you attend regular fellowship?] as thyself...

...you are in breach of ALL God's commandments.

You cannot address what I post to you because you cannot defend your false doctrines.

I would never step foot in your false church.

aditseth03
October 11th, 2015, 11:08 PM
Obey God?
Oh! Are we having the typical ATHEISTS/AGNOSTICS/DEISTS are immoral piece of **** argument?

Love? That's a part of brain... How does love relate to God?
(Bible- MATT 10:34-37 , Do not think I have come here as a saviour of peace , I have come here to turn a man against his father , a daughter against her mother etc etc.

Who ever LOVES anyone more than me is not worthy of me

A mans enemy are his own family members)

Oh yes above extract from bible shows how lovely and how much loving each other bible teaches..

Clear your facts, atheists and agnostics are moral , beliefs don't make a person moral, his acts do.... Its just that we don't depend on A book for it... And I don't think your BOOK is teaching us quite good way to love...

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 12:40 AM
Obey God?
Oh! Are we having the typical ATHEISTS/AGNOSTICS/DEISTS are immoral piece of **** argument?
You might love, but your love can be made better by obeying Jesus’ teachings.

God is love.

(Bible- MATT 10:34-37 , Do not think I have come here as a saviour of peace , I have come here to turn a man against his father , a daughter against her mother etc etc.
There might be people in your own household who might be devout Jews and reject Jesus Christ. If you love Jesus that would cause division. There might be in your house all atheists, but if you believe in Jesus, it might cause division.

Oh yes above extract from bible shows how lovely and how much loving each other bible teaches..
You are not to love anyone more than Jesus. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Clear your facts, atheists and agnostics are moral , beliefs don't make a person moral, his acts do.... Its just that we don't depend on A book for it... And I don't think your BOOK is teaching us quite good way to love...
I was not even debating an atheist. However, atheists can be shown how to love even more, if only they would not lean on their own understanding, but instead just do what Jesus says, and then you will see.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 12:42 AM
You might love, but your love can be made better by obeying Jesus’ teachings.

God is love.

There might be people in your own household who might be devout Jews and reject Jesus Christ. That would cause division. There might be in your house all atheists, but if you believe in Jesus, it might cause division.

You do not understand.

I was not even debating an atheist. However, atheists can be shown how to love even more, if only they would not lean on their own understanding, but instead just do what Jesus says, and then you will see.
Oh yes , you are not using facts boy..... Theology not based on your beliefs please. Its on facts

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 12:46 AM
Oh yes , you are not using facts boy..... Theology not based on your beliefs please. Its on facts

I am using facts.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 12:53 AM
I am using facts.
What? God is love? That's a fact? Well seems that this debate is leading to Non Factual Bases

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 12:55 AM
What? God is love? That's a fact? Well seems that this debate is leading to Non Factual Bases

If you search for Jesus' teachings, and obey them, then you will be given wisdom.

See John 7:17.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 12:59 AM
If you search for Jesus' teachings, and obey them, then you will be given wisdom.

See John 7:17.
See Luke 22:26 and Matt 26:52

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:00 AM
See Luke 22:26 and Matt 26:52

What would you like to discuss about those scriptures?

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 01:00 AM
What would you like to discuss about those scriptures?
We are talking about love , I see the love in the scriptures

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:03 AM
We are talking about love , I see the love in the scriptures

The whole Bible is a teaching about love.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 01:04 AM
The whole Bible is a teaching about love.
The whole bible says that you shouldnt love anyone more than Jesus

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:06 AM
The whole bible says that you shouldnt love anyone more than Jesus

Why would it be okay to love someone more than Jesus?

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 01:08 AM
Why would it be okay to love someone more than Jesus?
I believe my father taught me wisdom , my mother taught me values , my brother cleared the gen gap , what did Jesus do? Give me malaria?

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:10 AM
I believe my father taught me wisdom , my mother taught me values , my brother cleared the gen gap , what did Jesus do? Give me malaria?

Things can happen in this life that are bad, but that is life. We are to keep loving Jesus.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 01:12 AM
Things can happen in this life that are bad, but that is life. We are to keep loving Jesus.
And why does a father create a death pit in his sons life?
Father is Jesus

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:14 AM
And why does a father create a death pit in his sons life?
Father is Jesus

There is no Greater Love than when someone dies for you.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 01:15 AM
Jesus died for our sins? Well wasn't a big sacrifice if he knew he can revive ....

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:15 AM
Jesus died for our sins? Well wasn't a big sacrifice if he knew he can revive ....

Dying is still hard.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 01:19 AM
Luke 19:27 , and u talk about death

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:22 AM
Luke 19:27 , and u talk about death

There will be a new earth. We do not want a repeat of this earth. We want peace on the new earth. How do you have peace with people who are too hard?

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 01:23 AM
There will be a new earth. We do not want a repeat of this earth. We want peace on the new earth. How do you have peace with people who are too hard?
Jesus hasn't come on earth for peace

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:24 AM
Jesus hasn't come on earth for peace

The new earth will have peace.

In this life, we can have peace in the knowledge of God; that is spiritual.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 01:25 AM
The new earth will have peace.

In this life, we can have peace in the knowledge of God; that is spiritual.
If Jesus wishes peace , why doesn't he promote peace? He nevertheless promotes Violence and death

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:28 AM
If Jesus wishes peace , why doesn't he promote peace? He nevertheless promotes Violence and death

Jesus does not promote violence from his followers.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 01:31 AM
Jesus does not promote violence from his followers.
Jesus himself is a violence follower, expecting peace from his sons is sheer stupidity

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:34 AM
Jesus himself is a violence follower, expecting peace from his sons is sheer stupidity

Where do you get Jesus is a violence follower?

His followers have peace from the knowledge of him.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 01:36 AM
Where do you get Jesus is a violence follower?

His followers have peace from the knowledge of him.
This is here I get it from ↓

Matthew 10:34-37New International Version (NIV)

34*“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.*35*For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
****a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36*****a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[a]

37*“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:39 AM
This is here I get it from ↓

Matthew 10:34-37New International Version (NIV)

34*“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.*35*For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
****a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36*****a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[a]

37*“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

I have already explained that to you.

In a household of devout Jews, it would cause division if some of the people in the household believed in Jesus.

Why would you think it okay to love someone more than Jesus?

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 01:41 AM
I have already explained that to you.

In a household of devout Jews, it would cause division if some of the people in the household believed in Jesus.
I am talking about the sword he has come as....

And division, please care to try to unite Protestants and Catholics then try to unite the world

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:44 AM
I am talking about the sword he has come as....
The Sword is the Word of God.

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

And division, please care to try to unite Protestants and Catholics then try to unite the world
The Protestants and Catholics need to stop practicing their false doctrines and they must obey God.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 01:46 AM
The Sword is the Word of God.

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

The Protestants and Catholics need to stop practicing their false doctrines and they must obey God.
But he clearly notifies that the sword has no intentions to unite and give peace but just to tear the flesh of whom goes against it

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:49 AM
But he clearly notifies that the sword has no intentions to unite and give peace but just to tear the flesh of whom goes against it

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 01:51 AM
The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.
PROV. 10:3 and ROM 3:10

they suggest that Jesus wishes that every person shall stay hungry...

Is that the wisdom of Jesus? Seems like absurdity to me

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 01:57 AM
PROV. 10:3 and LEV 13:13

they suggest that Jesus wishes that every person shall stay hungry...

Is that the wisdom of Jesus? Seems like absurdity to me

That scripture says, "The LORD won't cause the righteous to hunger, but he will reject what the wicked crave."

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 02:00 AM
That scripture says, "The LORD won't cause the righteous to hunger, but he will reject what the wicked crave."
Read my statement again

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 02:01 AM
Read my statement again

What are you trying to say?

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 02:02 AM
What are you trying to say?
POV 10:3 AND ROM 10:3 , u read the wrong verse

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 02:03 AM
POV 10:3 AND ROM 10:3 , u read the wrong verse

Why couldn't you just say you wrote down the wrong scripture? I addressed the scripture you posted about hunger.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 02:04 AM
Why couldn't you just say you wrote down the wrong scripture?
Yeah its the same thing , I apologize for that

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 02:06 AM
I am enjoying our discussion very much. I hope we continue it tomorrow.

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 02:15 AM
I am enjoying our discussion very much. I hope we continue it tomorrow.
Even me brother , and yes no hard feelings for you

Sherman
October 12th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Obey God?

Implied profanity or profanity is against the forum rules. Please edit your post.
Please read the rules (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55933) before you post too much on this board. You also need to tone down anti-christian rhetoric. This is a Christian board. Remember who's party you are at. You crash the party, that is when you get into trouble on here.

patrick jane
October 12th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Read my statement again

You have atheist in your name

aditseth03
October 12th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Implied profanity or profanity is against the forum rules. Please edit your post.
Please read the rules (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55933) before you post too much on this board. You also need to tone down anti-christian rhetoric. This is a Christian board. Remember who's party you are at. You crash the party, that is when you get into trouble on here.
What? This is a Christian forum I was totally unaware of this! I so much regret to join this place!

musterion
October 12th, 2015, 01:55 PM
What? This is a Christian forum I was totally unaware of this! I so much regret to join this place!

There's the door.

Ktoyou
October 12th, 2015, 06:44 PM
:mock:aditseth03:loser::mmph:

God's Truth
October 12th, 2015, 07:17 PM
Even me brother , and yes no hard feelings for you

Sorry that you were banned. I have been banned here many times. Let's continue this conversation when you come back.

patrick jane
November 8th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Back atcha.

:rotfl: Nice moccasins