PDA

View Full Version : The Holy, Just, Merciful, Righteous, Nature of God Revealed in the Gospel

Robert Pate
July 28th, 2015, 04:55 AM
The Bible teaches that the attributes of God are, Holiness, Justice, Mercy and Righteousness.

HOLINESS: "And they did not rest day or night, saying Holy, Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, to come" Revelation4:8.

JUSTICE: "And there is no God besides me; a JUST God and savior; there is none beside me" Isaiah 45:21.

MERCIFUL: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant MERCY has begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" 1 Peter 1:3.

RIGHTEOUSNESS: "But now the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" Romans 3:21.

Many make a mistake by judging God by what is going on in the world today. This earth and everything in it is under a curse. God cursed the earth when Adam sinned. The curse remains even until today. This earth, which is under the control of Satan, is designed to kill us. This is NOT our home. We are just passing through, so don't try to get to attached to it.

Cults and false religions do not teach that God is holy, just, merciful and righteous. They don't teach it because they don't believe it. They want to believe that God is an unjust, unmerciful tyrant that delights in sending people to hell. Catholics want to believe that God is the minister of sin. There is no Gospel in any of these religions.

The Gospel reveals the Holy, Just, Merciful and Righteous nature of God. Paul wrote, "But God demonstrated his love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8. According to man's justice, Adam should have been resurrected and crucified for the sins of humanity. After all it was Adam that brought sin and death upon us, Romans 5:12. But God's ways are not our ways. Instead he sends his only begotten, sinless Son to atone for our sins and the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2.

God is Holy, Just, Merciful and Righteous because he keeps his promises. All of the promises that God made to Israel were fulfilled in Jesus Christ, Acts 2:39. God's words are true. He cannot lie. When God says something it is as good as gold, Hebrews 1:3. It is because God is Holy, Just, Merciful and Righteous that we can trust him completely.

Robert Pate
July 30th, 2015, 02:58 PM
It is the purpose of religion to subvert the Holy, Just, Merciful and righteous nature of God.

Calvinism tries to make God to be an unholy, unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous, tyrant that delights in sending people to hell.

The Catholic religion tries to make God to be a taskmaster that is ready to crack you on your back with his whip if you fail. Catholicism is the religion of you must, you must, you must and if you don't, you are anathema.

Only the Bible teachs that God is Holy, Just, Merciful and righteous.

beloved57
July 30th, 2015, 08:15 PM
It is the purpose of religion to subvert the Holy, Just, Merciful and righteous nature of God.

Calvinism tries to make God to be an unholy, unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous, tyrant that delights in sending people to hell.

The Catholic religion tries to make God to be a taskmaster that is ready to crack you on your back with his whip if you fail. Catholicism is the religion of you must, you must, you must and if you don't, you are anathema.

Only the Bible teachs that God is Holy, Just, Merciful and righteous.
Evil speaking against the Gospel, called Calvinism, yet it is the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ!

Robert Pate
July 31st, 2015, 07:56 AM
Evil speaking against the Gospel, called Calvinism, yet it is the Gospel of Gods Grace in Christ!

You don't understand what the word grace means.

God has shown mercy and grace to the whole world, when he sent his Son Jesus Christ into the world to atone for the sins of the world.

"God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

There is grace staring you right in your face.

To all who do nothing more than call on the name of the Lord shall be saved, Romans 10:13.

beloved57
July 31st, 2015, 09:02 AM
You don't understand what the word grace means.

God has shown mercy and grace to the whole world, when he sent his Son Jesus Christ into the world to atone for the sins of the world.

"God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

There is grace staring you right in your face.

To all who do nothing more than call on the name of the Lord shall be saved, Romans 10:13.

Christ believed for them He lived and died for! He did it when He obeyed the Law of God for them!

Robert Pate
July 31st, 2015, 12:34 PM
Christ believed for them He lived and died for! He did it when He obeyed the Law of God for them!

You make stuff up.

Where does it say that Christ believes for us?

beloved57
July 31st, 2015, 12:47 PM
You make stuff up.

Where does it say that Christ believes for us?

You don't believe that Christ obeyed the Law of God?

Robert Pate
July 31st, 2015, 12:49 PM
You don't believe that Christ obeyed the Law of God?

Christ obeyed the law for us, but Christ does not believe for us.

beloved57
July 31st, 2015, 02:12 PM
Christ obeyed the law for us, but Christ does not believe for us.

So Christ obeyed the Law for them He lived for without Faith?

Robert Pate
July 31st, 2015, 04:39 PM
So Christ obeyed the Law for them He lived for without Faith?

Religion has driven you nuts.

beloved57
July 31st, 2015, 05:11 PM
Religion has driven you nuts.

You are stuck between a rock and a hard stone! Faith is required to keep the Law, it is one of the weighter matters that ought to have been done Christ said Matt 23:23 ! You telling me He didn't do it when He obeyed the Law?

Bradley D
July 31st, 2015, 07:18 PM
Christ died for all. Yet few will be saved because of the world's temptations.

Robert Pate
August 1st, 2015, 07:50 AM

That is why Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. Everyone wants to go the broadway that leads to destruction.

We must persevere until the end.

beloved57
August 2nd, 2015, 01:18 AM

ALL Those Christ lived and died for are saved ,He also believed for them, He did when He obeyed the Law of God for them! Christ overcame the world temptations and the devil's for them He lived and died for! You don't believe that do you?

Robert Pate
August 2nd, 2015, 08:14 AM
ALL Those Christ lived and died for are saved ,He also believed for them, He did when He obeyed the Law of God for them! Christ overcame the world temptations and the devil's for them He lived and died for! You don't believe that do you?

No, he doesn't believe that because the Bible doesn't teach that Jesus believes for you.

beloved57
August 2nd, 2015, 08:26 AM
No, he doesn't believe that because the Bible doesn't teach that Jesus believes for you.

The bible does teach that Christ believed for believers because He obeyed the Law for them! You think Christ obeyed the Law without believing?

Robert Pate
August 2nd, 2015, 06:50 PM
The bible does teach that Christ believed for believers because He obeyed the Law for them! You think Christ obeyed the Law without believing?

You should come up with several scriptures that say Jesus believes for us.

If you can't come up with the scriptures then you should hang it up.

beloved57
August 2nd, 2015, 10:17 PM
You should come up with several scriptures that say Jesus believes for us.

If you can't come up with the scriptures then you should hang it up.

Jesus obeyed the Law for them He lived and died for, you think He did it without Faith? Faith ought to have been done in the Law Matt 23:23!

You can't come up with one scripture that says Jesus did not believe for them He lived and died for!

Robert Pate
August 3rd, 2015, 07:17 AM
Jesus obeyed the Law for them He lived and died for, you think He did it without Faith? Faith ought to have been done in the Law Matt 23:23!

You can't come up with one scripture that says Jesus did not believe for them He lived and died for!

You are the one that is going to have to believe.

"He (YOU) that believes on him is not condemned: but he (YOU) that does not believe is condemned already" John 3:18.

beloved57
August 3rd, 2015, 07:26 AM
You are the one that is going to have to believe.

"He (YOU) that believes on him is not condemned: but he (YOU) that does not believe is condemned already" John 3:18.
You don't have the same Christ I do, my Christ He obeyed the Law for us, that means that He believed for us, for He could not have obeyed God for us being faithless!

Robert Pate
August 3rd, 2015, 09:26 AM
You don't have the same Christ I do, my Christ He obeyed the Law for us, that means that He believed for us, for He could not have obeyed God for us being faithless!

Not only do you have the wrong Christ, you have the wrong God and the wrong doctrine.

beloved57
August 3rd, 2015, 09:35 AM
Not only do you have the wrong Christ, you have the wrong God and the wrong doctrine.
So your christ didn't obey the Law of God for y'all! That's not the Christ of the scriptures!

Robert Pate
August 3rd, 2015, 11:48 AM
So your christ didn't obey the Law of God for y'all! That's not the Christ of the scriptures!

Jesus believes for no one.

glorydaz
August 3rd, 2015, 11:54 AM

I vote you the most mixed up cookie on board. :troll:

beloved57
August 3rd, 2015, 11:57 AM
Jesus believes for no one.

What scripture says that ?

Interplanner
August 3rd, 2015, 12:15 PM
Faith is a gift of course, but I don't know who is saying Christ "believed" for us or why.

There is an enigmatic passage in Gal 2 where the faith of the Son of God is mentioned. But everyone familiar with Greek knows that 'pistis' slides over to mean faithfulness, loyalty, reliability sometimes. It doesn't always mean the believer's faith.

beloved57
August 3rd, 2015, 01:19 PM
Faith is a gift of course, but I don't know who is saying Christ "believed" for us or why.

There is an enigmatic passage in Gal 2 where the faith of the Son of God is mentioned. But everyone familiar with Greek knows that 'pistis' slides over to mean faithfulness, loyalty, reliability sometimes. It doesn't always mean the believer's faith.

Yes, Christ believed for everyone He Lived and died for because He obeyed the Law for them ! The only way to avoid this conclusion is to deny altogether that Christ's Obedience to the Law was for them He Lived and died for, then you undermine the the Gospel altogether !

Robert Pate
August 3rd, 2015, 03:00 PM
Yes, Christ believed for everyone He Lived and died for because He obeyed the Law for them ! The only way to avoid this conclusion is to deny altogether that Christ's Obedience to the Law was for them He Lived and died for, then you undermine the the Gospel altogether !

You are robbing God of his glory when you say that Jesus believes for us.

beloved57
August 3rd, 2015, 05:11 PM
You are robbing God of his glory when you say that Jesus believes for us.
You robbing Christ of His Glory!

Robert Pate
August 3rd, 2015, 05:17 PM
You robbing Christ of His Glory!

Those that died for Christ and his Gospel will sit in judgment on you.

beloved57
August 3rd, 2015, 05:23 PM
Those that died for Christ and his Gospel will sit in judgment on you.

Christ believed for them He lived and died for!

Bradley D
August 3rd, 2015, 10:24 PM

Scripture?

beloved57
August 3rd, 2015, 11:47 PM
Scripture?
See my threads!

Robert Pate
August 4th, 2015, 07:07 AM
Scripture?

He doesn't have any.

Its another Calvinist fairy tale.

Interplanner
August 4th, 2015, 07:12 AM
You are stuck between a rock and a hard stone! Faith is required to keep the Law, it is one of the weighter matters that ought to have been done Christ said Matt 23:23 ! You telling me He didn't do it when He obeyed the Law?

That is one of the places where 'pistis' means loyalty, reliability, not what Paul meant most of the time contrasting with works of the Law.

Paul himself said the Son of God had faith in Gal 2 and he meant loyalty, consistency; not that he had our faith for us.

Faith must have an object, regardless. It is only as good as the object it abandones itself to.

Robert Pate
August 4th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Christ believed for them He lived and died for!

Then those that were martyered for the sake of Christ and his Gospel were nothing more than robots.

beloved57
August 4th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Then those that were martyered for the sake of Christ and his Gospel were nothing more than robots.
Invalid comment!

Robert Pate
August 4th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Invalid comment!

Very valid comment.

You don't want to be faced with the fact that many of those that were martyered for the sake of Christ and his Gospel had a choice.

They could renounce him, or they could embrace him.

Many chose to embrace him and paid the ultimate price.

beloved57
August 4th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Very valid comment.

You don't want to be faced with the fact that many of those that were martyered for the sake of Christ and his Gospel had a choice.

They could renounce him, or they could embrace him.

Many chose to embrace him and paid the ultimate price.
Christ still believed for them He lived and died for!

Robert Pate
August 4th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Christ still believed for them He lived and died for!

Then those that were martyered were nothing but worthless programed robots.

beloved57
August 4th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Then those that were martyered were nothing but worthless programed robots.

That comment shows how defeated you are! It's not going to change the reality of what Christ did!

Robert Pate
August 4th, 2015, 04:22 PM
That comment shows how defeated you are! It's not going to change the reality of what Christ did!

Can you hear the martyers screaming as they are being burned at the stake?

"God made me do this because I am a robot".

beloved57
August 4th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Can you hear the martyers screaming as they are being burned at the stake?

"God made me do this because I am a robot".

Invalid comments !

Bradley D
August 4th, 2015, 09:51 PM
See my threads!

I do not believe there is any scripture concerning that all people saved were the only people Christ died for.

beloved57
August 4th, 2015, 10:14 PM
I do not believe there is any scripture concerning that all people saved were the only people Christ died for.

I don't care about what you believe!

Robert Pate
August 5th, 2015, 07:07 AM

Christ died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

This means that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

So that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

beloved57
August 5th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Christ died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

This means that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

So that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

False statement, and a little leaven 1 Cor 5:6

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

Interplanner
August 5th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Faith in the Mt 23 setting is not that of Paul in Gal 3. It is faithfulness in relationships, marriage, etc.; ie, honesty.

beloved57
August 5th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Faith in the Mt 23 setting is not that of Paul in Gal 3. It is faithfulness in relationships, marriage, etc.; ie, honesty.

That's not true! It's Faith in God! Faith and Love to God is a w eightier matter of the Law!

Robert Pate
August 6th, 2015, 05:10 AM
False statement, and a little leaven 1 Cor 5:6

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

Who is glorying?

Coming to Christ as a repentant sinner is a very humbling thing.

We are all needy sinner that need to be saved. So, we come to the only one that has the power to save us. There is no glory for us in that you blind fool.

beloved57
August 6th, 2015, 05:12 AM
Who is glorying?

We are all needy sinner that need to be saved. So, we come to the only one that has the power to save us. There is no glory for us in that you blind fool.

You have made false statements!

Bright Raven
August 6th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Who is glorying?

Nothing wrong with stating the obvious.

Robert Pate
August 8th, 2015, 01:19 PM
You have made false statements!

You have never come to Christ as a repentant sinner because you think that you have been predestinated to salvation.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father but by me" John 14:6.

There is nothing about John Calvin being the way.

beloved57
August 8th, 2015, 05:22 PM
You have never come to Christ as a repentant sinner because you think that you have been predestinated to salvation.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father but by me" John 14:6.

There is nothing about John Calvin being the way.

More worthless comments!

Robert Pate
August 9th, 2015, 08:30 AM
More worthless comments!

Are you saying that the words of Jesus are worthless comments?

Jesus said, "I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the life, NO MAN can come to the father BUT BY ME" John 14"6.

beloved57
August 9th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Are you saying that the words of Jesus are worthless comments?

Jesus said, "I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the life, NO MAN can come to the father BUT BY ME" John 14"6.

Since when did you become Jesus?

Robert Pate
August 9th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Since when did you become Jesus?

I know you hate John 14:6 because it tells you that there is only one way to be saved and that is by Christ alone.

beloved57
August 9th, 2015, 08:39 AM
I know you hate John 14:6 because it tells you that there is only one way to be saved and that is by Christ alone.

John 14:6 is fine, but that is not your comment, that comment comes from Jesus Christ!

Robert Pate
August 9th, 2015, 08:41 AM
John 14:6 is fine, but that is not your comment, that comment comes from Jesus Christ!

Yea, and you reject it because it is anti-Calvinism.

beloved57
August 9th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Yea, and you reject it because it is anti-Calvinism.

I reject your comments, and since when did you believe Jn 14:6 ?

Robert Pate
August 9th, 2015, 04:13 PM
I reject your comments, and since when did you believe Jn 14:6 ?

John 14:6 should tell you that there is no other way to be saved.

Jesus said...

"I am the way" You think that predestination is the way.

"I am the truth" You think that Calvinism is the truth.

"I am the life" God only accepts one life, we are accepted only in him.

"No man can come to the Father but by Jesus" Not by God, not by Calvinism, not by John Calvin.

beloved57
August 9th, 2015, 07:50 PM
John 14:6 should tell you that there is no other way to be saved.

Jesus said...

"I am the way" You think that predestination is the way.

"I am the truth" You think that Calvinism is the truth.

"I am the life" God only accepts one life, we are accepted only in him.

"No man can come to the Father but by Jesus" Not by God, not by Calvinism, not by John Calvin.
You don't believe Jn 14:6 nor understand it! I don't know why you even quote it!

Bright Raven
August 9th, 2015, 08:15 PM
You don't believe Jn 14:6 nor understand it! I don't know why you even quote it!

No one knows except B 57, TOL's Hyper-Calvinist.

Robert Pate
August 10th, 2015, 07:13 AM

You seem to think that you are the only one that understands the scriptures.

John 14:6 is a very simple statement by Jesus.

He is trying to tell you that there is only one way to be saved. His way.

beloved57
August 10th, 2015, 07:18 AM
You seem to think that you are the only one that understands the scriptures.

John 14:6 is a very simple statement by Jesus.

He is trying to tell you that there is only one way to be saved. His way.

I know you dont believe or understand Jn 14:6 ! You dont even believe that Jesus Christ death saved them He died for !

Robert Pate
August 10th, 2015, 08:05 AM
I know you dont believe or understand Jn 14:6 ! You dont even believe that Jesus Christ death saved them He died for !

The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus has provided salvation for all, Hebrews 2:9.

It is God's great free gift for all.

beloved57
August 10th, 2015, 09:08 AM
The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus has provided salvation for all, Hebrews 2:9.

It is God's great free gift for all.

More invalid comments not supported by scripture!

Robert Pate
August 10th, 2015, 07:39 PM
More invalid comments not supported by scripture!

But there was scripture.

"That he (Jesus) by the grace of God should taste death for EVERY MAN" Hebrews 2:9.

I think that when there is scripture that refutes predestination you go blind.

beloved57
August 10th, 2015, 10:43 PM
But there was scripture.

"That he (Jesus) by the grace of God should taste death for EVERY MAN" Hebrews 2:9.

I think that when there is scripture that refutes predestination you go blind.
Your comment is invalid, not the scriptures!

Robert Pate
August 11th, 2015, 06:39 AM
Your comment is invalid, not the scriptures!

The scripture says...

"That he by the grace of God should taste death for every man" Hebrews 2:9.

This means that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

It also means that your religion is false and worthless.

beloved57
August 11th, 2015, 06:50 AM
The scripture says...

"That he by the grace of God should taste death for every man" Hebrews 2:9.

This means that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

It also means that your religion is false and worthless.
No problem with the scriptures, it is you that doesn't believe scripture!

Robert Pate
August 11th, 2015, 06:53 AM
No problem with the scriptures, it is you that doesn't believe scripture!

The scripture says that God has ALREADY reconciled to world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Now tell us how that is?

beloved57
August 11th, 2015, 06:54 AM
The scripture says that God has ALREADY reconciled to world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Now tell us how that is?

No problem with the scriptures, it is you!

Robert Pate
August 11th, 2015, 06:57 AM
No problem with the scriptures, it is you!

You are a liar.

You don't believe Hebrews 2:9, nor do you believe 2 Corinthians 5:19.

beloved57
August 11th, 2015, 07:02 AM
You are a liar.

You don't believe Hebrews 2:9, nor do you believe 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You don't believe them!

Robert Pate
August 11th, 2015, 07:10 AM
You don't believe them!

The reason that I am not a Calvinist is because I do believe them.

They refute Calvinism. You can't be a Calvinist and believe that Jesus has already reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

beloved57
August 11th, 2015, 07:42 AM
The reason that I am not a Calvinist is because I do believe them.

They refute Calvinism. You can't be a Calvinist and believe that Jesus has already reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.
So that is why you are a unbeliever!

Robert Pate
August 11th, 2015, 10:07 AM
So that is why you are a unbeliever!

That is why I am an unbeliever in Calvinism.

It goes against the scriptures.

God has already reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ and in doing so has made Calvinism WORTHLESS.

beloved57
August 11th, 2015, 10:22 AM
That is why I am an unbeliever in Calvinism.

It goes against the scriptures.

God has already reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ and in doing so has made Calvinism WORTHLESS.
Duh yeah, if one doesn't believe the Gospel they are a unbeliever!

Robert Pate
August 11th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Duh yeah, if one doesn't believe the Gospel they are a unbeliever!

The Gospel is that God has ALREADY reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

There is no such thing as someone being predestinated to salvation.

beloved57
August 11th, 2015, 11:27 AM
The Gospel is that God has ALREADY reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

There is no such thing as someone being predestinated to salvation.
TULIP truths are the Gospel! Do you know what they are? You know what the L stands for?

Interplanner
August 11th, 2015, 12:24 PM
RobertP
how do you paraphrase "For in the Gospel the righteousness of God is revealed" in Rom 1? Differently from Rom 3?

Robert Pate
August 11th, 2015, 12:50 PM
RobertP
how do you paraphrase "For in the Gospel the righteousness of God is revealed" in Rom 1? Differently from Rom 3?

I guess that you are refering to Romans 1:17 and Romans 3:21.

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The Just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17.

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" Romans 3:21.

In Romans 1:17 the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith or from person to person through the teaching and preaching of the Gospel. In Romans 3:21 the righteousness of God is revealed in the person of Jesus Christ, who is the righteousness of God incarnate in human flesh.

Hope I have answered your question.