PDA

View Full Version : Why should God accept you?

musterion
July 19th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Please post your answers below, being as brief but precise as possible: Why should God accept you? What have you done to be accepted by Him?

ebenz47037
July 19th, 2015, 06:31 PM
He shouldn't accept me, based on what I've done in my life. I have done nothing worthy of His love. Without Christ, I am nothing!

Eeset
July 19th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Please post your answers below, being as brief but precise as possible: Why should God accept you? What have you done to be accepted by Him?
I have done everything expected of me. That is sufficient. :)

WonderfulLordJesus
July 19th, 2015, 06:48 PM
I don't like that word "should" too much, don't believe in a concept of what God should do: He is God. I feel it is far beyond the fallen creature to dictate anything of the Creator. But God accepts me, because I believe in Jesus Christ, because of His word and sure promises.

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

That is, believe in His work on the cross, His death and resurrection, believe in the grace and righteousness of Christ that comes by faith in His finished work.

As for me, I've done nothing nor could do anything to save myself, owe all to the love, grace and mercy of God, owe all to the work and righteousness of my good Lord Jesus. And we must all come to God, clothed in His righteousness, not our own. I would say, in a real sense, of myself, there's nothing a Holy God should accept.

aikido7
July 19th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Please post your answers below, being as brief but precise as possible: Why should God accept you? What have you done to be accepted by Him?The God incarnated in Jesus accepts all. No favorites, everyone's invited to the banquet.

glorydaz
July 19th, 2015, 07:51 PM
He shouldn't accept me, based on what I've done in my life. I have done nothing worthy of His love. Without Christ, I am nothing!

I don't like that word "should" too much, don't believe in a concept of what God should do: He is God. I feel it is far beyond the fallen creature to dictate anything of the Creator. But God accepts me, because I believe in Jesus Christ, because of His word and sure promises.

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

That is, believe in His work on the cross, His death and resurrection, believe in the grace and righteousness of Christ that comes by faith in His finished work.

As for me, I've done nothing nor could do anything to save myself, owe all to the love, grace and mercy of God, owe all to the work and righteousness of my good Lord Jesus. And we must all come to God, clothed in His righteousness, not our own. I would say, in a real sense, of myself, there's nothing a Holy God should accept.

Amen to both posts. The only reason He "should" is because He said He would....not because of what I have done but because I believe what the LORD Jesus Christ did for us.

serpentdove
July 19th, 2015, 08:07 PM
I have done everything expected of me. That is sufficient. :)

Elder son much? :olinger:

See:

A Tender Word to Pharisees (http://www.desiringgod.org/sermons/a-tender-word-to-pharisees) by John Piper

quip
July 19th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Why should God accept you? What have you done to be accepted by Him?

Who are you to ask such a thing?

glorydaz
July 19th, 2015, 08:39 PM

What? Afraid to answer a simple question? :chuckle:

Bright Raven
July 19th, 2015, 09:01 PM
He shouldn't on what I have done but does because of what Jesus has done.

meshak
July 19th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by musterion View Post
Why should God accept you? What have you done to be accepted by Him?

God does not owe you an explanation.

serpentdove
July 19th, 2015, 09:31 PM

He is more than a conqueror. Did you think he was just a conqueror? :idunno: Ro 8:37

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 09:33 PM

Good post

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 09:35 PM
God does not owe you an explanation.

Meshak, next time you post, try and make sense? I know it will
be quite a daunting task for you, but, try anyway?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Amen to both posts. The only reason He "should" is because He said He would....not because of what I have done but because I believe what the LORD Jesus Christ did for us.

Yep

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 09:40 PM
The God incarnated in Jesus accepts all. No favorites, everyone's invited to the banquet.

Not ALL! Only those who have placed their faith in Christ and
have been sealed, indwelt, and baptized (not by water) into
the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit.

quip
July 19th, 2015, 09:57 PM
What? Afraid to answer a simple question? :chuckle:

What business is it to you or musty?

That would be between me and any supposed God.

Dan Emanuel
July 19th, 2015, 10:12 PM
I love our Lords appearing. 2 Timothy 4:8 KJV

Daniel

musterion
July 20th, 2015, 06:49 AM
God doesn't accept ANY of us in ourselves. He accepts us only in Christ, or not at all.

If you're not 100% sure you're saved and safe in Christ forever, you're probably not.

steko
July 20th, 2015, 06:58 AM
I am made acceptable in the Beloved!

Eph 1:6

musterion
July 20th, 2015, 07:03 AM
Yep. It's all Him; I just benefit by grace and can claim no merit of my own, whatsoever, ever.

Sancocho
July 20th, 2015, 09:14 AM
God shouldn't accept me, but if He does I will be thankful as I am now for what good He sends my way.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 09:15 AM
God doesn't accept ANY of us in ourselves. He accepts us only in Christ, or not at all.

If you're not 100% sure you're saved and safe in Christ forever, you're probably not.

Yep

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 09:17 AM

Hi Steko

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Yep. It's all Him; I just benefit by grace and can claim no merit of my own, whatsoever, ever.

You're on the "Good guy list"

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 09:19 AM

"Good guy list"

turbosixx
July 20th, 2015, 09:23 AM

Obeyed the gospel.
2 Thes. 1:8 dealing out retribution to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

Nick M
July 20th, 2015, 09:25 AM

In a way, he doesn't. He has accepted his perfect, glorious, righteous Son in my place. So when he looks at my no good, rotten self, he sees perfection. He does not see the sin of the dead body I occupy.

turbosixx
July 20th, 2015, 09:28 AM
The God incarnated in Jesus accepts all. No favorites, everyone's invited to the banquet.

But we must be clothed properly.

11 "But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes, 12 and he said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?' And the man was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

daqq
July 20th, 2015, 09:39 AM
In the OP the word "should" seems merely designed to catch people in a word game. The Father owes no man anything, period. But we are told many things that WE OURSELVES SHOULD DO and even Paul lays out much of this in his epistles:

Romans 12:1-2 KJV
1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

2 Corinthians 6:16-18 KJV
16. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Not to mention the epistles of Peter and James, (i.e. James 4:1-10) which we know some here do not even accept as having been written to themselves. :crackup:

Ben Masada
July 20th, 2015, 09:51 AM

God should nothing. He has accepted us because we have chosen him and, for that matter, we have become God's chosen People. Hence His Words to Pharaoh, "Israel is My son; so let My son go that he may serve Me." (Exod. 4:22,23)

Dan Emanuel
July 20th, 2015, 09:59 AM
God should nothing. He has accepted us because we have chosen him and, for that matter, we have become God's chosen People. Hence His Words to Pharaoh, "Israel is My son; so let My son go that he may serve Me." (Exod. 4:22,23)Curious: How do you serve Him?

Daniel

Ben Masada
July 20th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Curious: How do you serve Him?

Daniel

Don't you have any idea of how a Jew of the same Faith of Jesus which was Judaism serves God? "To the Law and the Prophets; if we don't serve God according to the Law and the Prophets, we don't serve God." (Isa. 8:20) And we don't serve God as Paul used to, only in his mind while he would serve sin in the flesh. (Rom. 7:25)

Dan Emanuel
July 20th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Don't you have any idea of how a Jew of the same Faith of Jesus which was Judaism serves God? "To the Law and the Prophets; if we don't serve God according to the Law and the Prophets, we don't serve God." (Isa. 8:20)...The Prophet's talk about resurrection.

...And we don't serve God as Paul used to, only in his mind while he would serve sin in the flesh. (Rom. 7:25)Paul was once stoned so thoroughly, that they thought he was dead. Later, he was beheaded. Thats not serving sin in the flesh.

Daniel

WonderfulLordJesus
July 20th, 2015, 10:33 AM

Very well said, and in elegantly fewer words. You know, the truth is beautiful in its simplicity, yet the simple word of God filled with the glory of God.

Psalms 119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven... 103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!... 105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Ben Masada
July 20th, 2015, 11:08 AM
The Prophet's talk about resurrection.
Paul was once stoned so thoroughly, that they thought he was dead. Later, he was beheaded. Thats not serving sin in the flesh.

Daniel

Would you please quote to me which Prophet speaks in favor of bodily resurrection? I am all ears. To say what they do without any evidence, is like hit and run.

Dan Emanuel
July 20th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Would you please quote to me which Prophet speaks in favor of bodily resurrection? I am all ears. To say what they do without any evidence, is like hit and run.Psalm 16:10 KJV
Psalm 49:9 KJV
Isaiah 26:19 KJV
Daniel 12:2 KJV

Daniel

serpentdove
July 20th, 2015, 12:24 PM
I don't like that word "should" too much, don't believe in a concept of what God should do: He is God. I feel it is far beyond the fallen creature to dictate anything of the Creator.

Don't tell a Calvinist that. Their god must save them :o and damn the :freak: un-elects. :AMR1:

See:

Does God Elect Everyone? (http://www.vananne.com/armorofthelord/Does%20God%20Elect%20Everyone.pdf)

Ben Masada
July 20th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Psalm 16:10 KJV
Psalm 49:9 KJV
Isaiah 26:19 KJV
Daniel 12:2 KJV

Daniel

None of the quotes above has absolutely nothing to do with bodily resurrection. The two quotes from the Psalms are prayers not to be left to die in battle and turn into corruption in the grave. The quotes from Isaiah and Daniel are about the Jews in exile waiting for the end of the exile to return to the Land of Israel. If you want to try again, go ahead and do it. But you will be only wasting your time. Bodily resurrection is not a Jewish doctrine. but Christian.

Dan Emanuel
July 20th, 2015, 12:37 PM
None of the quotes above has absolutely nothing to do with bodily resurrection. The two quotes from the Psalms are prayers not to be left to die in battle and turn into corruption in the grave. The quotes from Isaiah and Daniel are about the Jews in exile waiting for the end of the exile to return to the Land of Israel. If you want to try again, go ahead and do it. But you will be only wasting your time. Bodily resurrection is not a Jewish doctrine. but Christian.Its you're word against the whole history of the Christian Church. God weighed in on you're religion Ben. He providentially allowed the Temple to be completely ruined, and has providentially prevented it from being re-built. This happened within the 1st generation of the Church, and nothing has changed in the intervening 1,900+ year's. Still no Temple. Still, God underscore's that you're religion is over.

Daniel

Angel4Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:40 PM

1) Only because I trusted in His promise of forgiveness and He doesnt lie.

2) Of myself, nothing. I merely used the measure of the faith granted to all men that He provided to me. Its all about what He did.

Ben Masada
July 20th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Its you're word against the whole history of the Christian Church. God weighed in on you're religion Ben. He providentially allowed the Temple to be completely ruined, and has providentially prevented it from being re-built. This happened within the 1st generation of the Church, and nothing has changed in the intervening 1,900+ year's. Still no Temple. Still, God underscore's that you're religion is over.

Daniel

The only reason why HaShem is not allowing the Temple to be rebuilt is the preparation of the Levites to return to the sacrifices. This time there is no reason to use of Pichuach Nephesh to readopt sacrifices of animals. The Remnant of the Jews from throughout the world is already back in Israel and there is no need of sacrifices. But I still want the Temple to be rebuilt but as the mother of all synagogues throughout the world. No sacrifices though. After all, Prophet Jeremiah said that HaShem had never commanded the sacrifice of animals in the first place. Jer. 7:22)

BoyStan
November 19th, 2016, 04:13 AM
I am accepted because God,The Father chose me through Christ,The Son and called me by God,the Holy Spirit.
Praise God,Father,Son and Holy Spirit for his choosing me! Hallelujah!!!

turbosixx
November 19th, 2016, 05:28 AM
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.