PDA

View Full Version : It's Not for Today or It is For Today

Pages : [1] 2

Psalmist
July 17th, 2015, 11:05 AM
There are several things that Christians say are for today or not for us today.

The are issues over Bible translations that are absolutely accurate beyond a doubt.

Then there are the dispensations issue. Mid Acts Dispensation/Doctrine.

Denominations, whose right and whose wrong

Let's find out where we stand.

Absolutely no name calling, like idiot, stupid, fool, pervert, etc., implied or not.

bybee
July 17th, 2015, 11:12 AM

The are issues over Bible translations that are absolutely accurate beyond a doubt.

Absolutely no name calling, like idiot, stupid, fool, pervert, etc., implied or not.

For today God's love is universal.

chrysostom
July 17th, 2015, 11:21 AM

one gospel for all
then and now

Squeaky
July 17th, 2015, 11:29 AM

I said
If you want to get to the heart of the problem. See how many people can define love.

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

Robert Pate
July 17th, 2015, 01:01 PM

Tongues, miracles, visions, healings are not for today.

God used these things in the early church to spread the good news of his Son Jesus Christ.

We have to remember that there were no Bibles in the early church. Everything was by word of mouth.

The apostles would perform a miracle and then when they had everyones attention they would preach the Gospel. The miracles and healings confirmed that what the apostles were preaching was from God.

Today we have a New Testament that reveals the whole revelation of Jesus Christ and his Gospel. No more miracles, visions, tongues, etc. are needed.

Bright Raven
July 17th, 2015, 01:08 PM

God used these things in the early church to spread the good news of his Son Jesus Christ.

We have to remember that there were no Bibles in the early church. Everything was by word of mouth.

The apostles would perform a miracle and then when they had everyones attention they would preach the Gospel. The miracles and healings confirmed that what the apostles were preaching was from God.

Today we have a New Testament that reveals the whole revelation of Jesus Christ and his Gospel. No more miracles, visions, tongues, etc. are needed.

Could you please show me in scripture where it says there are no more miracles, healings,visions, tongues etc.

Robert Pate
July 17th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Could you please show me in scripture where it says there are no more miracles, healings,visions, tongues etc.

Paul said that these things would cease, 1 Corinthians 13:8, 9, 10.

Tongues, miracles, visions, healings are a distraction from the Gospel. They are not happening today.

That which is perfect has already arrived, The New Testament.

Pentecostals need to put away childish things, 1 Corinthians 13:11.

john w
July 17th, 2015, 01:35 PM
There are several things that Christians say are for today or not for us today.Absolutely no name calling, like idiot, stupid, fool, pervert, etc., implied or not.

So, is it your position, that "name calling," is not for today? Is that correct? If it is your position, chapter, and verse.

Bright Raven
July 17th, 2015, 01:41 PM

Tongues, miracles, visions, healings are a distraction from the Gospel. They are not happening today.

Seems that you have posted that which says will cease future tense And why are miracles, vision and healings childish things? You can't bear with your Pentecostal brothers and sisters beliefs?

john w
July 17th, 2015, 01:59 PM

Could you please show me in scripture where it says there are no more/is no:
- walkings on water
- raisings of the dead
- parting of seas
- making limbs grow
- need for glasses/translators
-drinking poisons/recovering
-going to the temple
-keeping the "appointed" times/feasts
-selling all you have/having all things in common

?

Psalmist
July 17th, 2015, 02:00 PM
So, is it your position, that "name calling," is not for today? Is that correct? If it is your position, chapter, and verse.
Thou does ere greatly in that thou hast edited the original post to what thou wouldst have it say otherwise; like a fool and his money are soon parted, I will not repliest to thy inquiry.

john w
July 17th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Thou does ere greatly in that thou hast edited the original post to what thou wouldst have it say otherwise; like a fool and his money are soon parted, I will not repliest to thy inquiry.

Well done! You "sound" like me!

"Neither do I tell you..."

Mark 11:33 KJV

john w
July 17th, 2015, 02:07 PM

Vs.

"Absolutely no name calling, like idiot, stupid, fool, pervert, etc., implied or not.

Got it...Log in...Lose your mind...

Bright Raven
July 17th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Could you please show me in scripture where it says there are no more/is no:
- walkings on water
- raisings of the dead
- parting of seas
- making limbs grow
- need for glasses/translators
-drinking poisons/recovering
-going to the temple
-keeping the "appointed" times/feasts
-selling all you have/having all things in common

?
Ah John W. don't take away all my fun. Let me believe in the miraculous.

john w
July 17th, 2015, 02:13 PM

"Let me believe in the miraculous."-BR

A Muslim, to you:Don't take away all my fun.Let me believe in the miraculous, such as a harem, in heaven, that Allah gives me, if a suicide bomb, you see, .......

BR:

And don' away my fun. Raise my Uncle Joe from the dead. He owes me $55 on a poker game, in which I spotted him some $'s, on a "Hold 'Em" hand-he lost.

Bright Raven
July 17th, 2015, 02:15 PM
"Let me believe in the miraculous."-BR

A Muslim, to you:Don't take away all my fun.Let me believe in the miraculous, such as a harem, in heaven, that Allah gives me, if a suicide bomb, you see, .......

BR:

Ah John thank God i am not a muslim.

john w
July 17th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Ah John thank God i am not a muslim.

Irrelevant post/comment . You're "taking away their fun."

Go to the temple.

Bright Raven
July 17th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Irrelevant post/comment . You're "taking away their fun."

Go to the temple.

I don't go to the temple either.

john w
July 17th, 2015, 03:21 PM
I don't go to the temple either.

And? Irrelevant that you don't; irrelevant to your "argument:"

"Could you please show me in scripture where it says there are no more miracles, healings,visions, tongues etc."-BR

Do it. No scripture says "no more going to the temple."

And, while you are at it:

-walk on water
- raise the dead
- part the seas
- make limbs grow
- shuck your glasses,translator, if you have them
-drink poison, recover, tell us about it
-keep the "appointed times"/feasts
-sell all you have/have all things in common

....as no scripture says "no more" of the above. You made the above "argument."

Robert Pate
July 17th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Seems that you have posted that which says will cease future tense And why are miracles, vision and healings childish things? You can't bear with your Pentecostal brothers and sisters beliefs?

I use to have many Pentecostal tendencies.

But when I discovered the Gospel and justification by faith I put those things away.

After Pentecost the Bible says that the apostles went everywhere teaching and preach the resurrection of Jesus. You will not find anything anywhere in the Bible about the cloven tongues of fire, the mighty wind, or what took place on the day of Pentecost. That was not the apostles focus point. They had a far greater message than their religious experience.

Robert Pate
July 17th, 2015, 03:39 PM

The miraculous has already taken place. God sent his only begotten Son to this dark planet to atone for the sins of the world.

Psalmist
July 17th, 2015, 03:47 PM
The focus point...

Matthew 28:19-20
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

Psalmist
July 17th, 2015, 03:50 PM
The miraculous has already taken place. God sent his only begotten Son to this dark planet to atone for the sins of the world.
I believe that if God needs to do the miraculous He will, He's the boss. I think we like to dictate what God will and will not do.

Robert Pate
July 17th, 2015, 03:52 PM
The focus point...

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

Paul is the only one that really took that commandment seriously.

The rest went back to Jerusalem and started a church where it was warm and comfy.

Robert Pate
July 17th, 2015, 04:00 PM
I believe that if God needs to do the miraculous He will, He's the boss. I think we like to dictate what God will and will not do.

God is not doing miracles today. I am not saying that he can't.

I have been a Christian for 46 years. I have yet to see a bonifide miracle. The reason that there are no miracles today is because... "The Just Shall Live by Faith".

Psalmist
July 17th, 2015, 04:35 PM

I have been a Christian for 46 years. I have yet to see a bonifide miracle. The reason that there are no miracles today is because... "The Just Shall Live by Faith".

Well you got there, I was saved in 1957.

I think our being alive is miracle.

Right, "The just shall live faith." -- That does not mean God cannot do the miraculous today.

We cannot dictate to God what is and what isn't.

Psalmist
July 17th, 2015, 04:48 PM

The rest went back to Jerusalem and started a church where it was warm and comfy.

Yes Paul took it seriously, I thought was Acts 8-9, not Acts 1.

Didn't Paul have a companion, named Silas.

Then what is recorded in Acts 17 didn't happen, those who followed Jesus went back to Jerusalem and did nothing but live the good and glorious name it and claim it life.

Acts 17:6
But when they did not find them, they dragged Jason and some brethren to the rulers of the city, crying out, "These who have turned the world upside down have come here too."

john w
July 17th, 2015, 06:02 PM
The focus point...

Not written to me, nor is it about me, and it is certainly not marching orders, for the body of Christ, in this dispensation.

It is written to the believing remnant of the nation Israel, applicable, in the future.

EOT. CLOSED. DOA. SHUT DOWN THREAD. RIPL.

john w
July 17th, 2015, 06:04 PM

Nice, "secular" sound byte, "emotional" "argument," but miracles, biblically, have a very narrow, specific application, not related to the doctrine of salvation, nor of being alive.

john w
July 17th, 2015, 06:16 PM
We cannot dictate to God what is and what isn't

Again, nice sound byte, but quite irrelevant, and a false presumption. That's akin to saying, "God can save everyone through praying hard enough, loving everyone, believing that Fred Flintstone is the Holy Spirit. Don't dictate to God!!!!"

No, the "volume of the book" sets forth the parameters, of what God can, cannot do, and to whom He is speaking, when, considering what procedeth, and what follows, and, many times, for how long.............

Our duty, as serious students, is to "Produce your...bring forth your strong reasons,...(Is. 41:21 KJV), i.e., set forth our respective interpretations, as to what God is doing now, and why. Sound bytes such as "Don't dictate to God" are grade school, and sophistry. What's next? The old reliable cliche/sound byte, "Don't put God in a box?"

fzappa13
July 17th, 2015, 06:24 PM

There was this little window of time in which the faith flourished in unanimity and any church was called "the church" in whatever locale they found themselves. Paul said the flock would be devided after his death and so it was.

How's that for a "dispensation?" Kinda short, no?

Robert Pate
July 17th, 2015, 07:30 PM

Right, "The just shall live faith." -- That does not mean God cannot do the miraculous today.

We cannot dictate to God what is and what isn't.

The anti-Christ will do many miracles. He will even make fire come down from the sky, Revelation 13:13.

All those that are lusting after a miracle will be deceived by him, Revelation 13:14.

Jesus said, "An evil and adulteress generation seeks after a sign; and there shall be no sign given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah" Matthew 12:39.

Which points to the death and the resurrection of Christ. Thats all that you are going to get my Pentecostal friend.

Nick M
July 17th, 2015, 07:38 PM

Why would you ask this when it has been covered here over and over, and he said why it ended by saying why it started at all. I expect this from wolves, not you.

Totton Linnet
July 17th, 2015, 08:47 PM

All things are for us whether Cephas or Paul but Paul had the better understanding of how the gospel applies to us Gentiles....that is what he received not of men but by revelation.

So whatever Paul says we can have we can have.

Totton Linnet
July 17th, 2015, 08:56 PM

Pate...the Apostle Paul was never childish, the Holy Spirit is not childish.

You say the New testament is perfect....it is the New Testament which bids us to speak in tongues and prophesy..to earnestly covet the gifts...that's where we got it from.

If Paul had a revelation that we were no longer to speak in tongues or earnestly desire the gifts he would have said so.

The NT came and the church sank into deep darkness for more than a thousand years....nothing became perfect.

Totton Linnet
July 17th, 2015, 09:02 PM
The anti-Christ will do many miracles. He will even make fire come down from the sky, Revelation 13:13.

All those that are lusting after a miracle will be deceived by him, Revelation 13:14.

Jesus said, "An evil and adulteress generation seeks after a sign; and there shall be no sign given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah" Matthew 12:39.

Which points to the death and the resurrection of Christ. Thats all that you are going to get my Pentecostal friend.

You are not putting much thought into this Pate.

Antichrist may well bring fire down from heaven, I think Hollywood is preparing people for that. But he can never be merciful see, he can never have compassion on the blind and crippled man.

An evil tree cannot bear good fruit

In order for Satan to do a work of mercy he would first have to bind God and steal His power....shouldn't you think a little more deeply about these matters?

Totton Linnet
July 17th, 2015, 09:06 PM
I use to have many Pentecostal tendencies.

But when I discovered the Gospel and justification by faith I put those things away.

After Pentecost the Bible says that the apostles went everywhere teaching and preach the resurrection of Jesus. You will not find anything anywhere in the Bible about the cloven tongues of fire, the mighty wind, or what took place on the day of Pentecost. That was not the apostles focus point. They had a far greater message than their religious experience.

Piffle...Paul set up assemblies all over the place whose ministry included healers, workers of miracles, prophets, speakers of tongues, interpreters, administraters etc etc.

In fact Paul speaks about the body of Christ in no other way.

Totton Linnet
July 17th, 2015, 09:11 PM

If you had faith you would see miracles...no good complaining that you don't see miracles when you spout unbelief all over the place

Totton Linnet
July 17th, 2015, 09:20 PM
For THIS purpose was the Son of God made manifest that He might destroy the works of the devil

Sin, sickness, nakedness, grief, sorrow, trouble, condemnation....these are all the works of the devil on mankind...these are all the things Christ took up to the cross.

heir
July 17th, 2015, 10:51 PM
Let's find out where we stand.I know where I stand:

by the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)
in the faith (1 Corinthians 16:13 KJV)
by faith (2 Corinthians 1:24 KJV)
in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made me free (Galatians 5:1 KJV)
with the whole armour of God (Ephesians 6:11-20 KJV)

heir
July 17th, 2015, 10:52 PM
If you had faith you would see miracles...hogwash

Nick M
July 17th, 2015, 11:09 PM
hogwash

As is much of what she posts. The Lord Jesus Christ would not hold back, neither will I.

Jerusalem was not warm and comfy. They were in hiding as Jacob's trouble was looming. And they were not to leave until all was in order.

The focus point...

Paster, he said do and observe what the Pharisee commands as they sit in the seat of Moses. Do you do that or pass it on?

Totton Linnet
July 18th, 2015, 03:57 AM
Heir and Nick here they are I've got a question

Where do you fit into the body of Christ as Paul showed it? you talk a lot about the body of Christ, Paul only describes it one place.

Now ye are the body of Christ and members in particular

And God has set in the church first apostles second prophets third teachers after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles

Have all gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?. But COVET the best gifts.

And yet I show you a more excellent way...Paul goes on to show that the way to use the gifts is with love.

WHere ARE you in all this?

Now there are a diversity of gifts but the same Spirit

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to EVERY man to profit withal [Not as a sign to the Jews but to profit withal]

To one is given word of wisdom, another word of knowledge to another faith, by the same Spirit. To another gifts of healing, another the working of miracles, to another prophecy by the same Spirit, to another discerning spirits, to another diversity of tongues , to another interpretation by the same Spirit.

But all these working that one and selfsame Spirit dividing to EVERY man as He will.

For as the body is one and hath many members and all the members of that one body being many are one body so is Christ

Where ARE you Nick? Heir where ARE you. I just don't see you.

Nick is not going to hold back...ain't he big, neither will I.

Perhaps I can find you among the fruits of the Spirit.....

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindliness....oh dear

Totton Linnet
July 18th, 2015, 04:19 AM
How is it then brethren when you come together EVERY one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation, let all things be done for EDIFYING [not as a sign to the Jews]

What?

Came the word of God out from Nick or Heir? or came it unto them only?

If any man think himself to be a prophet or spiritual let him acknowledge that the things I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

But if any man be ignorant let him be ignorant.

Totton Linnet
July 18th, 2015, 04:28 AM
We speak what we have received and it corresponds to Paul. It would be nice for folk to think highly of us, to praise and congratulate us as thy do each other...there are plenty on TOL who I admire, even among the MADianites who it would be nice to be well thought of.

But we must testify, we must uphold Paul's teaching and his traditions. We must tell the truth, even if we are thought foolish and weak.

The time is coming and now is when the church is going to be overwhelmed by all the filth and wickedness and persecution that the devil can throw at us....in those days when your life is on the line, perhaps God will bring to your remembrance our testimony.

If the church is being overcome now by the enemy while the waters are still shallow how will she stand when the torrents come?

chrysostom
July 18th, 2015, 04:49 AM
don't look for vague passages that might support your beliefs

try to make sense of it
is it reasonable?
it should be

Totton Linnet
July 18th, 2015, 05:02 AM
don't look for vague passages that might support your beliefs

try to make sense of it
is it reasonable?
it should be

They are vague if you have not received them...to me they are my daily walk with the Lord.

And I received these things before I discovered them in the bible.

Robert Pate
July 18th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Pate...the Apostle Paul was never childish, the Holy Spirit is not childish.

You say the New testament is perfect....it is the New Testament which bids us to speak in tongues and prophesy..to earnestly covet the gifts...that's where we got it from.

If Paul had a revelation that we were no longer to speak in tongues or earnestly desire the gifts he would have said so.

The NT came and the church sank into deep darkness for more than a thousand years....nothing became perfect.

Tongues in the New Testament were foreign languages. It was the means by which the Gospel was conveyed to others of a different nationality.

Tongues are no longer needed. There are hundreds of Bibles today that are printed in every language imaginable..

If you are not conveying the Gospel of Jesus Christ to someone of a different nationality, then it is useless.

Tongues are no big deal. Even cults speak in tongues.

I heard that you can go to a class to learn how to speak in tongues. Its showy and reeks of Pharisaism.

Interplanner
July 18th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Tongues were always to prove to an unbeliever who was in Judaism that the mission of God to the nations was the Gospel. See why Paul quotes Isaiah in 1 Cor 14. It has to be when unbelievers from Judaism are in the picture.

heir
July 18th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Heir and Nick here they are I've got a question

Where do you fit into the body of Christ as Paul showed it?This is where we fit in

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4270062&postcount=1

We are in the same one Body as the Corinthians as per our baptism by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV).

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

you talk a lot about the body of Christ, Paul only describes it one place.
That's not so. Why would you say that? See:

Ephesians 1:22-23 KJV, Colossians 1:18 KJV, Colossians 1:24 KJV, 1 Timothy 3:16 KJV

And God has set in the church first apostles second prophets third teachers after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles

Have all gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?. But COVET the best gifts.

And yet I show you a more excellent way...Paul goes on to show that the way to use the gifts is with love.

WHere ARE you in all this?

Now there are a diversity of gifts but the same Spirit

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to EVERY man to profit withal [Not as a sign to the Jews but to profit withal]

To one is given word of wisdom, another word of knowledge to another faith, by the same Spirit. To another gifts of healing, another the working of miracles, to another prophecy by the same Spirit, to another discerning spirits, to another diversity of tongues , to another interpretation by the same Spirit.

But all these working that one and selfsame Spirit dividing to EVERY man as He will.

For as the body is one and hath many members and all the members of that one body being many are one body so is Christ 1 Corinthians 13:8-13 KJV). We have all scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV).

See gifts given unto men here:

Ephesians 4:11 KJV

And anyone who will be honest with themselves and the scriptures know that from that list, that there are no more apostles or prophets today. Are you claiming to be one?

Totton Linnet
July 18th, 2015, 01:48 PM
This is where we fit in

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4270062&postcount=1

We are in the same one Body as the Corinthians as per our baptism by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV).

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

That's not so. Why would you say that? See:

Ephesians 1:22-23 KJV, Colossians 1:18 KJV, Colossians 1:24 KJV, 1 Timothy 3:16 KJV

1 Corinthians 13:8-13 KJV). We have all scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV).

See gifts given unto men here:

Ephesians 4:11 KJV

And anyone who will be honest with themselves and the scriptures know that from that list, that there are no more apostles or prophets today. Are you claiming to be one?

You yourself proclaim you have no gifts of the Holy Spirit, so all you've got to minister with is the carnal mind...that is your testimony, that is what we see.

You SAY you belong to the body but you reject the body of Christ which Paul sets forth.

You USED to be a Pentecostal wannabe didn't you? but you did not receive. There are a few of those around.

All scripture in Timothy includes those which encourage us to seek and to minister the gifts.

Totton Linnet
July 18th, 2015, 01:51 PM
I have never claimed to be an apostle, the gifts Paul says are for EVERY man to profit withal...do you participate in the assembly? if you do it can only be in the flesh for you don't believe in the Holy Spirit ministering through the body members.

Totton Linnet
July 18th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Tongues in the New Testament were foreign languages. It was the means by which the Gospel was conveyed to others of a different nationality.

Tongues are no longer needed. There are hundreds of Bibles today that are printed in every language imaginable..

If you are not conveying the Gospel of Jesus Christ to someone of a different nationality, then it is useless.

Tongues are no big deal. Even cults speak in tongues.

I heard that you can go to a class to learn how to speak in tongues. Its showy and reeks of Pharisaism.

There were tongues in Acts and Paul describes the gift of tongues for private us for self edification and for use in the assembly along with interpretation.

Cults always counterfeit God...if there is a counterfeit there must be a true. Cults do not speak in tongues given by the Holy Ghost.

Just now you said tongues were childish...I don't think Paul was ever childish, now you say they are no big deal...is that how you say to God? "don't give me any gift, they are no big deal"

Anything God gives is precious and lovely and useful for edification.

You are showing a very bad attitude toward God.

God's Truth
July 18th, 2015, 02:06 PM
There were tongues in Acts and Paul describes the gift of tongues for private us for self edification and for use in the assembly along with interpretation.

Cults always counterfeit God...if there is a counterfeit there must be a true. Cults do not speak in tongues given by the Holy Ghost.

Just now you said tongues were childish...I don't think Paul was ever childish, now you say they are no big deal...is that how you say to God? "don't give me any gift, they are no big deal"

The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.

God's Truth
July 18th, 2015, 02:06 PM
The nowadays tongue speaking is also commonly called a "prayer language.” Those practicing the false tongue speaking of nowadays, they believe they are speaking a prayer language, and that in this type of praying it is somehow deeper and more revealing about themselves to God, and more personal than praying with their native language with words they understand. However, that is not scriptural, and that even goes against the Word of God.

Calling the false tongue speaking a "prayer language" is from an error in understanding of the scriptures explaining speaking in tongues when no one is around who understands. It is important to realize that after the believers in the bible had the gift of speaking in tongues for the sign to the Jews...they kept the gift even when the Jews of other languages were not around. Therefore, the tongue speakers spoke only to God when they spoke in tongues they did not understand and when no Jews from other languages were there, because, God, of course, can understand all the earthly languages.

Again, if there were no one of other languages around to understand the tongue speaker, and if the tongue speaker themselves cannot interpret what they say, then they are speaking only to God, and this speaking edified (nurtures) only the tongue speakers themselves.

Tongue speaking edifies (nurtures) only the tongue speaker when no understands; they are edified in knowing that God gave them an amazing gift (the real tongues is an amazing gift). How edifying it is for oneself just to have a gift such as speaking in tongues; that alone is what edifies. It is a false edification when one is performing nonsense babbling.

Bright Raven
July 18th, 2015, 02:07 PM
The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.

Just show me where it says tongues is not for today.

Totton Linnet
July 18th, 2015, 02:21 PM

You talk gibberish in English...not worth replying to.

God's Truth
July 18th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Just show me where it says tongues is not for today.

1 Corinthians 13:8
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

God's Truth
July 18th, 2015, 02:32 PM
You talk gibberish in English...not worth replying to.

You cannot defend your false doctrines, just as I knew you could not.

Bright Raven
July 18th, 2015, 02:35 PM
1 Corinthians 13:8
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

They will cease, FUTURE tense. Show me where it says that they have ceased, PAST tense.

oatmeal
July 18th, 2015, 02:39 PM

I Corinthians 13:12 Face to face with whom?

I John 3:2 face to face with Jesus Christ, until then, all is yet in place.

Psalmist
July 18th, 2015, 02:41 PM
They will cease, FUTURE tense. Show me where it says that they have ceased, PAST tense.

B/R...I have long asked for chapter and verse on this matter, but alas there would be no reply or I was ignored.

Yes they will cease in the future, I agree.

Psalmist
July 18th, 2015, 02:46 PM

Stirring the waters are we, like the angel at the Pool of Bethesda, and that only at certain season.

Psalmist
July 18th, 2015, 02:52 PM

Next he'll, "We cannot know for sure." -- That will be the first crack in his foundational defense.

Robert Pate
July 18th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Stirring the waters are we, like the angel at the Pool of Bethesda, and that only at certain season.

Pentecost was an event. It was about how God was making the Gospel of his Son Jesus Christ known to the world.

God used many various methods to proclaim the good news of the Gospel to a lost and sinful world.

Pentecost was not about how you can have a satisfying religious experience in your flesh.

Psalmist
July 18th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Pentecost was an event. It was about how God was making the Gospel of his Son Jesus Christ known to the world.

I know that. What do you think I get up and take stupid pills for breakfast to come at play ignorant at TOL?

God used many various methods to proclaim the good news of the Gospel to a lost and sinful world.

And He still uses various methods to proclaims the Good News to a lost and sinful world.

Pentecost was not about how you can have a satisfying religious experience in your flesh.

True, and I never said it did, does, or will. O my I forgot I took those stupid pills again.

And what does this have to do with the above posting of yours...

Originally Posted by Psalmist

God's Truth
July 18th, 2015, 05:03 PM

Paul says when prophecy is complete tongues will cease. Jesus the perfect came and tongues was given during the laying of the foundation. The foundation has been laid. All the prophecies about Jesus have also been given.

God's Truth
July 18th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Tongues did not stop during the time Jesus Christ, the Apostles and Prophets were laying down the foundation because the Apostles were still writing the scriptures. Imagine if tongues had stopped in the people who had the gift, others would erroneously believe that God also took salvation away from them, since the Jews believed God accepted Gentiles as was evident by their speaking in words of God in different languages.

However, tongues have since ceased. Jesus, the prophets and the apostles have laid the foundation; the Bible is finished. New prophecies and new knowledge have ceased also, just as the Bible says they would, for you know you cannot add new prophecies and new knowledge to the Bible.

As for the statement in 1 Corinthians 13:10, “but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears”, nowadays tongue speakers claim that tongue speaking will not cease until Jesus comes again. However, that scripture does not say tongues will not stop until Jesus comes again. That scripture is about Jesus coming the first time.
The prophets in the Old Testament prophesied about Jesus, and prophets in the New Testament prophesied about our salvation. This is what Paul says, “…where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.”

When you only have prophesy in part, because the prophecy has not yet been fulfilled, or more prophecy is needed, it is imperfect, it is imperfect because the prophesy is in “part” or not yet fulfilled. However, when there is fulfillment of prophecy or more prophecy for what we need to know, then we have full understanding, so then, it is perfect and, that which is perfect is come. The Old Testament believers waited a long time for God to reveal Jesus to us, and now finally, from the Bible, we see that God has revealed Jesus, in the New Testament, the perfect has come. The Bible has everything we need to know for salvation. It is perfect. The New Testament is the “perfect law” given to us, James 1:25. The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life, and they wrote this down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; Romans 16:25-27.

We do not need anyone's tongue speaking to know more things about God's Truth, we have the Bible, and it is finished.

God's Truth
July 18th, 2015, 05:08 PM
B/R...I have long asked for chapter and verse on this matter, but alas there would be no reply or I was ignored.

I give chapter and verse to everything I believe.

If you are practicing now a days tongue speaking, then you have been misled.

May God's Truth keep us close to Him and not a counterfeit copycat.

Robert Pate
July 18th, 2015, 05:27 PM
I know that. What do you think I get up and take stupid pills for breakfast to come at play ignorant at TOL?

And He still uses various methods to proclaims the Good News to a lost and sinful world.

True, and I never said it did, does, or will. O my I forgot I took those stupid pills again.

And what does this have to do with the above posting of yours...

Originally Posted by Psalmist

God is no longer conveying the Gospel through tongues, miracles, etc.

The Gospel today is conveyed through preaching, preferably through verbal preaching.

fzappa13
July 18th, 2015, 05:35 PM

Welcome to my world.

heir
July 18th, 2015, 10:54 PM
I have never claimed to be an apostle, the gifts Paul says are for EVERY man to profit withal...do you participate in the assembly? if you do it can only be in the flesh for you don't believe in the Holy Spirit ministering through the body members.Where are your gifts that you claim are for today? Show us.

heir
July 18th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Tongues are no longer needed. There are hundreds of Bibles today that are printed in every language imaginable..Tongues were for a sign.

1 Corinthians 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

And who required a sign?

1 Corinthians 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

By the time you and I came around, what had become of them?

Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

No further need for tongues then!

Interplanner
July 19th, 2015, 12:09 AM
But it is not just translation at stake. They were a sign that the mission of God was now the Gospel of Christ to the nations. The true tongues were a sign to a person in Judaism who did not accept that. This is what Acts 2, 11, 19 and I Cor 14's quote of Isaiah have in common. This is why it did not happen in ch 3; they had had that sign. It is fascinating that Paul mentions this purpose in I Cor 14 even though something else, something less specific is going on at Corinth.

This is related to Babel: it is the redemptive reversal of Babel now that Messiah is enthroned. Now one message is available in all languages by supernatural action, for Babel was one wrong message and language confused into many languages by God's judgement.

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 12:31 AM
Where are your gifts that you claim are for today? Show us.

We can only testify what God has done, we have put many testimonies up of how God has worked and is working in our lives. It is not to boast but we must testify, we are obliged to. To not do so is to dishonour God who has worked miracles, answered prayers...saved lost souls through our ministry.

It would be the same as saying that WE did it by or own power or wisdom.

If we are not being used in outreach, if we see no miracles, no answers to prayer, no workings of the Holy Spirit then we have nothing to say on the matter....we can only testify of what we ourselves have and have witnessed.

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Tongues were for a sign.

1 Corinthians 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

And who required a sign?

1 Corinthians 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

By the time you and I came around, what had become of them?

Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

No further need for tongues then!

Tongues with interpretation are given to edify the assembly to profit withal. Learn from the bible instead of being spoonfed.

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 12:45 AM
God is no longer conveying the Gospel through tongues, miracles, etc.

The Gospel today is conveyed through preaching, preferably through verbal preaching.

Which is why we see multitudes saved in the bible and few saved today....

Where preaching is done God's way today, that is not with wisdom of men's words but in the power and demonstration of the Holy Ghost we see the multitudes.

You should look and see what God is doing in China and Africa.

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 12:47 AM
We can only testify what God has done, we have put many testimonies up of how God has worked and is working in our lives. It is not to boast but we must testify, we are obliged to. To not do so is to dishonour God who has worked miracles, answered prayers...saved lost souls through our ministry.

If we are not being used in outreach, if we see no miracles, no answers to prayer, no workings of the Holy Spirit then we have nothing to say on the matter....we can only testify of what we ourselves have and have witnessed.

....It is my contention that God has used me in winning souls because I am weak and not so smart....

Robert Pate
July 19th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Which is why we see multitudes saved in the bible and few saved today....

Where preaching is done God's way today, that is not with wisdom of men's words but in the power and demonstration of the Holy Ghost we see the multitudes.

You should look and see what God is doing in China and Africa.

No one can be saved without hearing and believing the Gospel.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseperable. You cannot have one without the other.

Asking people to accept Christ as their savior without the Gospel will produce counterfeit Christians.

Psalmist
July 19th, 2015, 06:01 AM
I have come to this conclusion about "It's Not for Today or It is For Today"

It is like the 12 spies of Israel, 10 were naysayers, 2 were we can do it men, of course we know the two were Joshua and Caleb.

You keep saying it is not for us or yourself and you'll never know the fullness and a real joy of the Lord. It is like Job, the thing he feared overtook him and Job admits that that is the truth.

With the thing(s) that are not for today and are not agreed with, why not cut it out of your Bible and you'll not be troubled with it.

Robert Pate
July 19th, 2015, 06:19 AM

It is like the 12 spies of Israel, 10 were naysayers, 2 were we can do it men, of course we know the two were Joshua and Caleb.

You keep saying it is not for us or yourself and you'll never know the fullness and a real joy of the Lord. It is like Job, the thing he feared overtook him and Job admits that that is the truth.

With the thing(s) that are not for today and are not agreed with, why not cut it out of your Bible and you'll not be troubled with it.

You have associated "The fullness and real joy of the Lord" with having some sort of mystical, fleshy, religious experience.

Pentecostalism is a very subjective religion. I know because I have been there. Lets face it, It is all about YOU.

Whereas the Gospel is all about Jesus Christ, His experience, His doing, His dying, His resurrection, His position at the right hand of God, His victory over sin, death and the devil.

Christianity is about Jesus Christ. You take away from Christ and make yourself the focal point. When you should be preaching Christ you are preaching yourself.

God's Truth
July 19th, 2015, 06:31 AM

It is pathetic that many people believe their gibberish is a supernatural language that keeps them close to God. Only obeying God's Truth can keep us close to God.

God's Truth
July 19th, 2015, 06:33 AM
You have associated "The fullness and real joy of the Lord" with having some sort of mystical, fleshy, religious experience.

Pentecostalism is a very subjective religion. I know because I have been there. Lets face it, It is all about YOU.

Whereas the Gospel is all about Jesus Christ, His experience, His doing, His dying, His resurrection, His position at the right hand of God, His victory over sin, death and the devil.

Christianity is about Jesus Christ. You take away from Christ and make yourself the focal point. When you should be preaching Christ you are preaching yourself.

Your shaming is evidence that you do not obey Jesus.

It is astonishing how those who do not obey Jesus can act as if it is admirable.

Psalmist
July 19th, 2015, 06:35 AM

Tell you what Robert Pate, you show me where it was all about me and I'll confess it repent of it, and leave TOL. How does that sound.

I know what the gospel is, "Go therefore..."

G/T...R/P doesn't even know how to shame properly according to the Scriptures.

Robert Pate
July 19th, 2015, 06:55 AM

Tell you what Robert Pate, you show me where it was all about me and I'll confess it repent of it, and leave TOL. How does that sound.

G/T...R/P doesn't even know how how to shame properly according to the Scriptures.

If it is not about Christ and his Gospel then it is about YOU.

YOUR experience, YOUR doing, YOUR death to sin, YOUR victory over sin death and the devil.

Pentecostals and Catholics have a lot in common. It is all about them. It is the religion of me, myself and I.

What you need to do is learn the Gospel. You need to be brought out of yourself so that you can see the marvelous thing that God has done for you in Jesus Christ.

Robert Pate
July 19th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Your shaming is evidence that you do not obey Jesus.

It is astonishing how those who do not obey Jesus can act as if it is admirable.

Nothing worse than a butt in hypocrite.

Psalmist
July 19th, 2015, 07:04 AM

YOUR experience, YOUR doing, YOUR death to sin, YOUR victory over sin death and the devil.

Pentecostals and Catholics have a lot in common. It is all about them. It is the religion of me, myself and I.

What you need to do is learn the Gospel. You need to be brought out of yourself so that you can see the marvelous thing that God has done for you in Jesus Christ.

Like a Catholic? Not hardly.

You win.

:e4e:

Aimiel
July 19th, 2015, 07:05 AM
Some people appear to have a 'form' of godliness, but deny The Power thereof. Yes, many who are pentecostal do seem to focus upon themselves, but that doesn't negate God's Power or the gifts that He has given us through The Holy Ghost. There are those who are not pentecostal, also, who believe they have 'correct' theology and become so self-righteous that no one (not even fellow-Christians) want anything to do with them. We don't need to look for reasons to hate others. Satan will give us enough of those to have to deal with through love and forgiveness. He loves to magnify differences between people with his hatred. We need to learn how to not only love The Lord but to share His Love with others, even with those whom Satan wants us to think are heathens. God wants us to see each other through His Eyes. He wants us to have The Mind of Christ. He wants us to do greater miracles than Jesus did and He's patiently waiting for us to do so. If it weren't possible, do you think He would have told us that we would? He went to His Father, is seated at His Right Hand and ever lives to make intercession for us, expecting until His enemies be made into His Footstool. How are you going to work on His Footstool when you have that speck in your eye?

Interplanner
July 19th, 2015, 07:06 AM
The odd thing about this issue is that at Corinth you have a complete variation from what happened elsewhere. Paul doesn't forbid it but he certainly minimizes it, and he is emphatic about the one purpose that the real thing had. That's when he quotes Isaiah about how it is sign to unbelieving members of Judaism specifically to show them that the mission of God in the age of Messiah is to get the Gospel out to the nations. It is not to take the Law to the nations.

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:11 AM

Translation: "I, Totton Linnet, can't!"

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:16 AM
To not do so is to dishonour God who has worked miracles, answered prayers...saved lost souls through our ministry.
Where are the miracles of the wannabe Pentes?

Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 07:18 AM
No one can be saved without hearing and believing the Gospel.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseperable. You cannot have one without the other.

Asking people to accept Christ as their savior without the Gospel will produce counterfeit Christians.

The Holy Spirit IS Himself the gift, the question is if you are baptised in Him how will He manifest Himself IN you? we know it is Christ in us that He intends to manifest....Jesus said "they will cast out devils, speak in new tongues" will you now make light of the Lord's word ? are you more wise than Him?

Just imagine YOUR community if all the believers came together in one accord to cast out the devils from it...kids would be delivered from slavery to sex drugs and rock'n'roll....

....then you could preach the gospel and folks would get saved.

That is my desire.

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:23 AM
The Holy Spirit IS Himself the gift, the question is if you are baptised in Him how will He manifest Himself IN you? we know it is Christ in us that He intends to manifest....Jesus said "they will cast out devils, speak in new tongues" will you now make light of the Lord's word ? are you more wise than Him?No such baptism!

There is but ONE baptism for us today. Why do you endevour not to keep it with your silly talk?

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 07:24 AM

Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

You won't see them, you are too idle....that is why you can't understand the bible and must need have someone spoonfeed you.

Miracles whether for seeing them or receiving them is for believers.

People saw Jesu's miracles they saw the blind see...have YOU? I have, then they came and said "show us a sign"

That is you....but Jesus said "you are too lazy, an evil and adulterous generation seeketh a sign and no sign will be given them"

Why would God baptise YOU in the Holy Ghost? you are too lazy

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Just imagine YOUR community if all the believers came together in one accord to cast out the devils from it...kids would be delivered from slavery to sex drugs and rock'n'roll....You really need to lay off the John Lennon

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:26 AM
You won't see them,Go to the hospital! Why are you being so selfish with your gifts?

Interplanner
July 19th, 2015, 07:26 AM
That speak in new tongues in Mark 14 was not out of nowhere. These were followers of Judaism from childhood. The tongues thing was mentioned by Isaiah as something happening in the messianic age. It was a sign back to the followers of Judaism itself that they were to take the Gospel to the world, not the Law and its ceremonies. The sign itself would accomplish some of this, as we know it did in Acts 2, 11, 19.

Whatever was going on at Corinth was an odd variation from this that Paul didn't crush like a false gospel, but he certainly minimized it and relegated it to a childish level. And he re-quoted the Isaiah lines to remind them of the actual purpose, which was now past need at Corinth.

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:27 AM
Why would God baptise YOU in the Holy Ghost? you are too lazyNo such baptism!

There is but ONE baptism for us today. Why do you endevour not to keep it with your silly talk?

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 07:30 AM
No such baptism!

This is your spoonfeeding

You are too idle to study the scripture.

When Paul met disciples he asked into what they were baptised? they said John's baptism....so there is one baptism

Paul baptised them in the name of the Lord Jesus...there's 2 baptism

THEN he laid His hands on them and the Holy Spirit came upon them and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.

Did anything like that happen to you?

Interplanner
July 19th, 2015, 07:34 AM

Heir,
looking at your footer, do realize you have not quite grasped the objective nature of the Gospel? Christians are to proclaim that God justifies sinners through Christ. The work was done in the Gospel event, of which we are ambassadors. A person then learns that this came into existence in the Gospel event and hopefully exults in that. It will also change many things about their lives. Like a person who finds out about an inheritance 5 years after it was issued (see the classic story of JANE EYRE)

I'm just referring a confusion of cause and effect. "The Gospel that changes lives has been replaced by a gospel of a changed-life." G. Paxton, former Pres., NSW Bible College, Australia.

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 07:35 AM
And Paul says there is one gopel but you stupidly say there were two....you say there was a gospel of the circumcision

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:36 AM
Paul baptised them in the name of the Lord Jesus...there's 2 baptism There is more one baptism in the Bible (:duh:), but only one where we are concerned! We come much later after Paul was sent NOT TO BAPTIZE!

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

There is but one baptism where believers are concerned today and it's not by man or by water, but identification by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). It is baptism into Christ's death (Romans 6:3-4 KJV). Why do you endevour to NOT keep the unity of the Spirit by preaching more than one as for us today?

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:39 AM
And Paul says there is one gopel but you stupidly say there were two....you say there was a gospel of the circumcisionCalling the King James Bible stupid now are you? You're desperate!

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Go to the hospital! Why are you being so selfish with your gifts?

You believe Jesus saves sinners...get down to the mall, get among the hookers....I do, but you are to idle, you get fed doctrines like Homer gets fed donuts.

Get among the trannies and the drug pushers

See how it works? I don't see Jesus going to the hospitals

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:41 AM
And Paul says there is one gopel but you stupidly say there were two....you say there was a gospel of the circumcision"is"...and "were"...two different things

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 07:42 AM
Calling the King James Bible stupid now are you? You're desperate!

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

So in Ephesians there is one church, one gospel but in Galatians there were two

Don't you see how stupid you are? if you studied for yourself with a little prayer you would understand

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:43 AM
You believe Jesus saves sinners...get down to the mall, get among the hookers....I do, but you are to idle, you get fed doctrines like Homer gets fed donuts.You're deflecting.

You claim it, now get on with it!

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 07:44 AM
"is"...and "were"...two different things

Stupid, when Paul wrote is Peter was still up in Jerusalem

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:45 AM
So in Ephesians there is one church, one gospel but in Galatians there were twoEphesians says neither of those things. And you're telling me to study? You're telling me I'm spoonfed?

Don't you see how stupid you are? if you studied for yourself with a little prayer you would understand

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 07:46 AM
You're deflecting.

You claim it, now get on with it!

You claim the [your] gospel saves get out and save them then, freely you received freely give.

I get among people and share the gospel, I have received healing and ministered it.

You just sit and stuff yourself with doctrines

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Stupid, when Paul wrote is Peter was still up in JerusalemPlease try and form your sentences better.

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:49 AM
You claim the [your] gospel saves get out and save them then, freely you received freely give.deflecting

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Ephesians says neither of those things. And you're telling me to study? You're telling me I'm spoonfed?

I know you don't like it, I don't like it . If you don't like your stupidity pointed out, best be quiet.

Paul says there is but one gospel, one church you stupidly say there were two

Psalmist
July 19th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Before I go sometime today...go as in gone.

R/P

You remind me of the the fellow who couldn't decide the quality of the oats he would purchase, before the horse are them or after the horse are them.

Keep attacking the Pentecostals and you'll not have an end to it, keep shaming (in the poor manner that you do) and you'll run out of defense for yourself.

As for me...
2 Timothy 1:12 "For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day."

Besides...
Romans 14:4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

So my standing and state in Jesus is what it should be ~ Complete in Him.

heir
July 19th, 2015, 07:52 AM
I know you don't like it, I don't like it . If you don't like your stupidity pointed out, best be quiet.Ephesians does not say "one church" or "one gospel", yet says "one baptism" but you insist on preaching more than one today. You endevour to NOT keep the unity of the Spirit even though Paul beseeches you to.

Paul says there is but one gospel, one church you stupidly say there were twoNope. Paul never said either of those things. You made that up just like you make up that you have gifts that you really don't have.

Robert Pate
July 19th, 2015, 08:11 AM
Some people appear to have a 'form' of godliness, but deny The Power thereof. Yes, many who are pentecostal do seem to focus upon themselves, but that doesn't negate God's Power or the gifts that He has given us through The Holy Ghost. There are those who are not pentecostal, also, who believe they have 'correct' theology and become so self-righteous that no one (not even fellow-Christians) want anything to do with them. We don't need to look for reasons to hate others. Satan will give us enough of those to have to deal with through love and forgiveness. He loves to magnify differences between people with his hatred. We need to learn how to not only love The Lord but to share His Love with others, even with those whom Satan wants us to think are heathens. God wants us to see each other through His Eyes. He wants us to have The Mind of Christ. He wants us to do greater miracles than Jesus did and He's patiently waiting for us to do so. If it weren't possible, do you think He would have told us that we would? He went to His Father, is seated at His Right Hand and ever lives to make intercession for us, expecting until His enemies be made into His Footstool. How are you going to work on His Footstool when you have that speck in your eye?

There is no greater love that you can show someone than to give them the Gospel.

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Ephesians does not say "one church" or "one gospel", yet says "one baptism" but you insist on preaching more than one today. You endevour to NOT keep the unity of the Spirit even though Paul beseeches you to.

Nope. Paul never said either of those things. You made that up just like you make up that you have gifts that you really don't have.

Don't be stupid, Paul said there is one body...the body is the church, in the context he was saying God has made of two [the Jews and Gentiles] one body.

You stupidly say there were two still

Robert Pate
July 19th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Before I go sometime today...go as in gone.

R/P

You remind me of the the fellow who couldn't decide the quality of the oats he would purchase, before the horse are them or after the horse are them.

Keep attacking the Pentecostals and you'll not have an end to it, keep shaming (in the poor manner that you do) and you'll run out of defense for yourself.

As for me...
2 Timothy 1:12 "For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day."

Besides...
Romans 14:4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

So my standing and state in Jesus is what it should be ~ Complete in Him.

All religions have one thing in common. They lead a person away from Christ and his Gospel and into themselves who is a sinner.

All religions are subjective, especially the Pentecostal religion.

In the Gospel it is Jesus that justifies the ungodly. Romans 4:5.

In the Gospel it is Jesus that reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

In the Gospel it is Jesus that defeats sin, death and the devil and triumphs over them, Colossians 2:15.

In the Gospel it is Jesus that is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

In the Gospel it is Jesus that puts away sin and brings forth a new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

In the Gospel it is Jesus that is our righteousness, Romans 10:4.

In the Gospel it is Jesus that lives a life of perfect obedience according to Gods law, Romans 3:26.

In the Gospel it is Jesus that God accepts into heaven in our name and on our behalf, Colossians 3:3.

All that Jesus is and all that Jesus has done is for us.

Interplanner
July 19th, 2015, 10:34 AM
RobertP,
that's good objective material, thanks!
Jesus' perfect life is a completed thing; your line on that sounds like it is ongoing.

I'm afraid these brothers won't know what subjectivism means. One way of putting it: subjectivism dwells on the worshipper. Objective truth is about the One we worship.

Robert Pate
July 19th, 2015, 11:54 AM
RobertP,
that's good objective material, thanks!
Jesus' perfect life is a completed thing; your line on that sounds like it is ongoing.

I'm afraid these brothers won't know what subjectivism means. One way of putting it: subjectivism dwells on the worshipper. Objective truth is about the One we worship.

Christianity is objective (outside of us) Jesus saves us by doing something totally and completely outside of us. We are non participants in our salvation.

We are called to live our lives before God as sinners and to look to the one who is the savior. This is why Paul refered to himself as "The Chief of Sinners". We never reach the point where we think that we are special, or have something special to offer God.

Bright Raven
July 19th, 2015, 12:14 PM

Where in the world did you ever get this from. I'm a Pentecostal and it is all about the love of the Father through Jesus. If it isn't we are nothing but a clanging gong

Robert Pate
July 19th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Where in the world did you ever get this from. I'm a Pentecostal and it is all about the love of the Father through Jesus. If it isn't we are nothing but a clanging gong

Paul was not a Pentecostal.

He did not focus on what Jesus was doing in his life.

Paul's focus was on the objective (outside of me) Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Pentecostalism is a very subjective religion that focuses on what Jesus is doing in your life. Instead of what Jesus has done with your life.

In the Gospel Jesus puts us to death in himself and brings forth a new creation in himself. Romans 6:6 and 2 Corinthians 5:17.

All this was done while we were yet sinners, Romans 5:6. It was 100% objective.

Bright Raven
July 19th, 2015, 01:02 PM

Pentecostalism is a very subjective religion that focuses on what Jesus is doing in your life. Instead of what Jesus has done with your life.

In the Gospel Jesus puts us to death in himself and brings forth a new creation in himself. Romans 6:6 and 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Paul was a follower of Jesus. This was Paul's life;

Philippians 3:8 Modern English Version (MEV)

8 Yes, certainly, I count everything as loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have forfeited the loss of all things and count them as rubbish that I may gain Christ,

Jesus was everything to Paul. Why should it be any different for us.

Robert Pate
July 19th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Paul was a follower of Jesus. This was Paul's life;

Philippians 3:8 Modern English Version (MEV)

8 Yes, certainly, I count everything as loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have forfeited the loss of all things and count them as rubbish that I may gain Christ,

Jesus was everything to Paul. Why should it be any different for us.

Christ should be your everything, but not because of what you may think that he is doing in your life.

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 01:08 PM

That's a bit foolish really, the scriptures you quote concern US and are about us, about what God has done for US and what He is doing IN US.

I'm unashamedly interested In ME, Christ IN ME.

We are all passionate about Jesus, we worship Him with a passion.

Bright Raven
July 19th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Christ should be your everything, but not because of what you may think that he is doing in your life.

The motive must be the same as with Paul. Didn't you catch that from Philippians 3:8?

Psalmist
July 19th, 2015, 05:14 PM
The motive must be the same as with Paul. Didn't you catch that from Philippians 3:8?

Amen! Philippians 3:8.

This Robert Pate I think that he thinks we belong in the bleachers where the really, really bright people are.

Thank the Lord for the later rain on the day of Pentecost, for the Lord said He would do Joel 2:28-29.

God's Truth
July 19th, 2015, 05:36 PM
Nothing worse than a butt in hypocrite.

That is you for sure.

Anyone who wants to obey Jesus you tell them they are too concentrated on themselves. You are a worker for Satan.

Robert Pate
July 19th, 2015, 05:58 PM

Pentecostalism is the devils tool to get you to focus on yourself, instead of the objective Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Robert Pate
July 19th, 2015, 06:02 PM
That is you for sure.

Anyone who wants to obey Jesus you tell them they are too concentrated on themselves. You are a worker for Satan.

Have you plucked out your eye yet, Mr Hypocrite? Matthew 5:28, 29.

God's Truth
July 19th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Have you plucked out your eye yet, Mr Hypocrite? Matthew 5:28, 29.

You are ignorant. Tell me, why would I pluck out my eye if I obey? Answer the question, worker for Satan.

God's Truth
July 19th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Pentecostalism is the devils tool to get you to focus on yourself, instead of the objective Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Just listen to yourself...you go against people who work out their salvation, and you don't know you are a worker for Satan?

Interplanner
July 19th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Tongues was to show people in Judaism that God was taking the Gospel to the nations, not the law. So: sometimes there has to be Gentiles there to hear the Gospel (in their own normal language).
there must be practicers of Judaism present to hear the miracle and realize that the above reason is true. If they really get it, they then go tell Gentiles.

Other uses of tongues are not to be continued and just plain aren't the same thing.

heir
July 19th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Don't be stupid, I'm not. This is:

Paul says there is but one gospel, one church you stupidly say there were twoNowhere does Paul write that there is one gospel or one church. OPaul knows there is more than one gospel and one church in the Bible. You're just deflecting from the fact that you endevour to NOT keep the seven fold unity of the Spirit which includes only one baptism.

And stop calling me stupid.

Interplanner
July 19th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Gal 1 at the risk of anathema.
Eph 4, I Cor 1, 1, the one body with 7 points of unity.

heir
July 19th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Gal 1 at the risk of anathema.
Eph 4, I Cor 1, 1, the one body with 7 points of unity.
Paul's gospel to us is not the same gospel that was preached in M, M, L or J. There is more than one gospel in the Bible.
One body does not equal one church.

Daniel1611
July 19th, 2015, 08:57 PM
There is definitely only one Gospel. That's why it says "preach THE Gospel to every creature". " THE Gospel is the power of God unto salvation for anyone that believeth". It is THE Gospel of Christ. Not "a" Gospel.

heir
July 19th, 2015, 09:58 PM
There is definitely only one Gospel. Today there is, yes.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Paul's gospel to us is not the same gospel that was preached in M, M, L or J. There is more than one gospel in the Bible.
One body does not equal one church.

Amen

God's Truth
July 19th, 2015, 10:51 PM
Today there is, yes.

Jesus taught that one and only gospel when he walked the earth.

Jesus' words are forever.

Jesus' words are forever and to everyone the same.

heir
July 19th, 2015, 11:18 PM
Jesus taught that one and only gospel when he walked the earth.Nope!

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 11:21 PM
Nope!

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

I love when someone preaches truth! And, you preach truth Heir!!

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 11:28 PM

Nope! Back then there were two distinct Gospels being preached.
1) Christ and His Disciples preached the "Kingdom Message" to
the Israelite's.

2) Paul preached the "Grace Message" to the gentiles.

Today there is ONE Gospel being preached: The Grace Gospel.
(Paul's Gospel)

Today, both Jew and gentile have access to God's Grace, through faith
in Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 11:33 PM

The "Ascended Christ" gave the Grace Message to Paul, in order
for him to preach it to the gentiles. Therefore, while Christ walked
the earth (physically) He preached the Kingdom Message to the
House of Israel. After Christ ascended, He gave Paul the "Grace
Message," to be preached to the gentiles.

God's Truth
July 19th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Nope!

Paul is not saying it is his gospel and not Jesus' gospel!

Are you baptized unto Paul?

God's Truth
July 19th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Paul calls it the GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

Romans 15:19 by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.
1 Corinthians 9:12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more? But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.
2 Corinthians 2:12[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,
2 Corinthians 9:13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.
2 Corinthians 10:14 We are not going too far in our boasting, as would be the case if we had not come to you, for we did get as far as you with the gospel ofChrist.
Galatians 1:7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervertthe gospel of Christ.
Philippians 1:27 [ Life Worthy of the Gospel ] Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel
1 Thessalonians 3:2 We sent Timothy, who is our brother and co-worker in God’s service in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith,

Paul also calls it OUR GOSPEL:

2 Corinthians 4:3 And even if our gospelis veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.

1 Thessalonians 1:5 because[U] our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.

2 Thessalonians 2:14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

[B]Paul AND PETER call it the Gospel of God.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God—
Romans 15:16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
2 Corinthians 11:7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?
1 Thessalonians 2:8 so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.
1 Thessalonians 2:9 Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you.
1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?
1 Thessalonians 2:2 We had previously suffered and been treated outrageously in Philippi, as you know, but with the help of our God we dared to tell you his gospel in the face of strong opposition.

There is only one Gospel, and it is God's Gospel, the Gospel of Christ, Paul's Gospel, and OUR GOSPEL.

The gospel of God, the Gospel of Christ, Paul’s gospel, and our gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 11:41 PM
Don't be stupid, Paul said there is one body...the body is the church, in the context he was saying God has made of two [the Jews and Gentiles] one body.

You stupidly say there were two still

Nope!
Listen to Heir, she has more knowledge, wisdom, and Spiritual
discernment than MOST of the posters on TOL. Another great
poster that preaches the "True Gospel" on TOL is Glorydaz.
Tambora, as well. There are others that preach truth, as well.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Those that preach, there were two Gospels being preached back then, are
preaching the truth of God's Holy Word, the Bible.

God's Truth
July 19th, 2015, 11:44 PM
Nope! Back then there were two distinct Gospels being preached.
1) Christ and His Disciples preached the "Kingdom Message" to
the Israelite's.

2) Paul preached the "Grace Message" to the gentiles.

Today there is ONE Gospel being preached: The Grace Gospel.
(Paul's Gospel)

Today, both Jew and gentile have access to God's Grace, through faith
in Christ.

There is only one Good News.

Jesus is the Good News.

Jesus' words stand for ever and his words are for everyone.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 11:45 PM
Paul himself said: Romans 2:16 "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 11:47 PM
Why would Paul say that, unless it was inspired by God? God means what
He says! And, God said it through the Apostle Paul.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 11:50 PM
ALL of mankind will be judged by Paul's Gospel. If you trust in Christ and the Bible,
you best have a clear understanding of "Paul's Gospel?" Because, you will be judged
by it!

God's Truth
July 19th, 2015, 11:50 PM
Paul himself said: Romans 2:16 "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

Paul is not claiming that it is his and not Jesus' gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 11:53 PM
There is a physical world that we live in and a Spiritual World
that we cannot see. We ought too be deeply concerned about
the after life and its consequences.

God's Truth
July 19th, 2015, 11:55 PM
There is a physical world that we live in and a Spiritual World
that we cannot see. We ought too be deeply concerned about
the after life and its consequences.

Jesus' words are Spirit and LIFE.

If you do not obey what Jesus says in Mark, Luke, Matthew, and John...how do you think you have life?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 11:57 PM
When I was twelve years old (1962) I asked my Mother, "Are we going to Hell?"
She replied; "Probably!" I didn't know about Heaven or Hell back then, yet, I
feared it. God made sure my family and myself heard the Grace Message and
we all became a child of God.

Ask yourself, "Am I going to Hell?"

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:01 AM
When I was twelve years old (1962) I asked my Mother, "Are we going to Hell?"
She replied; "Probably!" I didn't know about Heaven or Hell back then, yet, I
feared it. God made sure my family and myself heard the Grace Message and
we all became a child of God.

Ask yourself, "Am I going to Hell?"

I would not ever ask myself that because I know I am not going to Hell.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:03 AM
The Bible (in Revelation) calls the Hell I feared; "The Lake of Fire." Many will
end up in that horrible place! Search, read and study the writings of Paul to
the gentiles, and pray that you'll respond to the Grace Message before it's
too late, and you're standing in front of God, being judged by your works,
and being cast into the "Lake of Fire?" By the way, the Devil and his angels
will be cast into that horrid place, as well.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:05 AM
I would not ever ask myself that because I know I am not going to Hell.

My family and myself were not religious people at that period of time! Read more carefully.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:05 AM
The Bible (in Revelation) calls the Hell I feared; "The Lake of Fire." Many will
end up in that horrible place! Search, read and study the writings of Paul to
the gentiles, and pray that you'll respond to the Grace Message before it's
too late, and you're standing in front of God, being judged by your works,
and being cast into the "Lake of Fire?" By the way, the Devil and his angels
will be cast into that horrid place, as well.

I have life. I obey Jesus' words.

John 6:63 ...The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:07 AM
John 8:51 I tell you the solemn truth, if anyone obeys my teaching, he will never see death."

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:07 AM
My family and myself were not religious people at that period of time! Read more carefully.

I know what you said.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:12 AM
It was 1962 and we went to church (any church) on Easter and Christmas only.
We hadn't yet, heard the Word of our Salvation. My Father was a Methodist and
my Mother was a Lutheran, back then. My Mother and Father are in the presence
of God now.

Why, because they became a child of God through Paul's (God's)
Message of Grace!

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:15 AM
John 8:51 I tell you the solemn truth, if anyone obeys my teaching, he will never see death."

Christ was preaching to the lost sheep of Israel only, in the four Gospels. M,M,L,J

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:16 AM
Christ was preaching to the lost sheep of Israel only there.

Jesus' words are life for everyone.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:17 AM
I have life. I obey Jesus' words.

John 6:63 ...The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

How did you become a "Child of God?"

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:19 AM
How did you become a "Child of God?"

By doing what the Way said.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:20 AM
By doing what the Way said.

How? Step by step?

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:21 AM
How? Step by step?

I believed and repented of my sins and called on his name.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:23 AM
I believed and repented of my sins and called on his name.

How did you "repent" of ALL of your sins?

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:26 AM
How did you "repent" of ALL of your sins?

I thought about the sins I was presently doing, and I reflected on my life and thought of all the sins I ever did. I thought all the way back to when I was a child.

I acknowledged my sin and asked God to forgive me. I immediately began to stop doing those sins, or any sins.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:27 AM
I thought about the sins I was presently doing, and I reflected on my life and thought of all the sins I ever did. I thought all the way back to when I was a child.

I acknowledged my sin and asked God to forgive me. I immediately began to stop doing those sins, or any sins.

Do you still sin?

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:28 AM
Do you still sin?

Are you looking to be taught or to accuse?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:30 AM
Are you looking to be taught or to accuse?

Neither. Just trying to find out what the word "repent" means to you?

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:31 AM
Neither. Just trying to find out what the word "repent" means to you?

It means to stop sinning.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:32 AM
It means to stop sinning.

Have you "completely" been successful?

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Have you "completely" been successful?

I am saved and live through the Spirit.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:36 AM
I am saved and live through the Spirit.

But, we are still in our flesh (the true believer that is) and our flesh
is still capable of sin.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:39 AM
But, we are still in our flesh (the true believer that is) and our flesh
is still capable of sin.

You are supposed to have died to the sins of the world and to pleasing your body with sin.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:43 AM
You are supposed to have died to the sins of the world and to pleasing your body with sin.

Are you capable of sinning?

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:45 AM
Are you capable of sinning?

What sins are you still doing, Gros?

Let's talk about you now.

I would like to help you to stop sinning.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:52 AM
When we first "hear" the Grace Message, we come before God as a sinner.
We must admit that we're a sinner, to God and we must realize that, there's
nothing we can do, including give up all our sins, past, present, and future. We
come to Him, sins and all. Faith in Christ is the prerequisite to receiving, God's
mercy, forgiveness, and eternal life. The Holy Spirit cleanses us of ALL sin, past
present and future, seals, indwells, and baptizes (not by water) into the Body of
Christ. There is nothing we have to offer God except our faith in what Christ
accomplished on the cross!

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 12:54 AM
When we first "hear" the Grace Message, we come before God as a sinner.
We must admit that we're a sinner, to God and we must realize that, there's
nothing we can do, including give up all our sins, past, present, and future. We
come to Him, sins and all. Faith in Christ is the prerequisite to receiving, God's
mercy, forgiveness, and eternal life. The Holy Spirit cleanses us of ALL sin, past
present and future, seals, indwells, and baptizes (not by water) into the Body of
Christ. There is nothing we have to offer God except our faith in what Christ
accomplished on the cross!

Are you saying you do not obey Jesus in any way and have not given up any sin for him?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 12:59 AM
Are you saying you do not obey Jesus in any way and have not given up any sin for him?

The "indwelling" Holy Spirit works to conform us into the Image of
Christ. The Holy Spirit creates the fruit within us and it's to the
glory of God. We are (the true believer) part of the Body of Christ.

Without the Holy Spirit, we can do nothing of worth. There are,
Workers and Faithers. Workers depend upon themselves and
what THEY do. The Faither trusts God for his salvation and his
place in the Body of Christ.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:01 AM
The "indwelling" Holy Spirit works to conform us into the Image of
Christ. The Holy Spirit creates the fruit within us and it's to the
glory of God. We are (the true believer) part of the Body of Christ.

Without the Holy Spirit, we can do nothing of worth. There are,
Workers and Faithers. Workers depend upon themselves and
what THEY do. The Faither trusts God for his salvation and his
place in the Body of Christ.

Have you given up any sins?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:02 AM
One either trusts God and His presence within us (through the Holy Spirit) or they
place their faith in themselves and what they can do or have done.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:04 AM
One either trusts God and His presence within us (through the Holy Spirit) or they
place their faith in themselves and what they can do or have done.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:11 AM

If you're a child of God, Christ has paid the price for ALL of our sins.
Basically, the child of God has NO sin. So, how can he give up, what
he doesn't have? We're "positioned" in Christ however, we still live in
the flesh and the flesh is vulnerable to being disobedient, that's why
God "disciplines" His own! However, that discipline is only while we're
in the flesh! There is NO judgement, condemnation, or punishment
when we will stand before God the Son. Because, we stand before
God the Son (the Lord Jesus) with His righteousness!

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:12 AM
If you're a child of God, Christ has paid the price for ALL of our sins.
Basically, the child of God has NO sin. So, how can he give up, what
he doesn't have? We're "positioned" in Christ however, we still live in
the flesh and the flesh is vulnerable to being disobedient, that's why
God "disciplines" His own! However, that discipline is only while we're
in the flesh! There is NO judgement, condemnation, or punishment
when we will stand before God the Son. Because, we stand before
God the Son (the Lord Jesus) with His righteousness!

Why is God disciplining you if you have no sin?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:12 AM

I have the "Righteousness" of Christ. Is there any sin to be found there?

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:15 AM
I have the "Righteousness" of Christ. Is there any sin to be found there?

Are you saying you gave up sins?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:15 AM
Why is God disciplining you if you have no sin?

Hebrews 12:6 " For the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and chastises every son whom he receives.”

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:16 AM
Hebrews 12:6 " For the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and chastises every son whom he receives.”

Why is God disciplining you if you have no sins?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:17 AM
Are you saying you gave up sins?

Christ took care of the sin question at the cross and His subsequent
resurrection. He did it ALL.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:18 AM
Christ took care of the sin question at the cross and His subsequent
resurrection. He did it ALL.

Did you stop sinning?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:18 AM
Why is God disciplining you if you have no sins?

Ask God that question? He says, that's the way He does it.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:20 AM
Ask God that question? He says, that's the way He does it.

I know why God disciplines His children. God disciplines His children so that they repent and stop sinning.

Did you stop sinning?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:21 AM
Did you stop sinning?

While we're in the flesh we're capable of being disobedient and therefore, God will discipline at His discretion.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:24 AM
I know why God disciplines His children. God disciplines His children so that they repent and stop sinning.

Did you stop sinning?

The flesh is weak. Read, Romans Chapter 7 Paul discusses this very question.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:24 AM
While we're in the flesh we're capable of being disobedient and therefore, God will discipline at His discretion.

You said you have no sins.

Are you saying you still sin?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:27 AM
The flesh is not perfect, however, within our position in the
Body of Christ we have the righteousness of Christ and we
ARE sinless. If you're truly a child of God.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:28 AM
The flesh is not perfect, however, within our position in the
Body of Christ we have the righteousness of Christ and we
ARE sinless. If you're truly a child of God.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:29 AM
Just answer yes or no.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:32 AM
You said you have no sins.

Are you saying you still sin?

We are in Christ and Christ is in us. We have (if you're a true believer)
the righteousness of Christ. It's a Spiritual matter and if you we're
indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit you would know what I'm
expressing to you. You'll never get the answer to your questions
unless you become a child of God?

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:33 AM
Paul calls it the GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

Romans 15:19 by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.
1 Corinthians 9:12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more? But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.
2 Corinthians 2:12[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,
2 Corinthians 9:13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.
2 Corinthians 10:14 We are not going too far in our boasting, as would be the case if we had not come to you, for we did get as far as you with the gospel ofChrist.
Galatians 1:7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervertthe gospel of Christ.
Philippians 1:27 [ Life Worthy of the Gospel ] Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel
1 Thessalonians 3:2 We sent Timothy, who is our brother and co-worker in God’s service in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith,

Paul also calls it OUR GOSPEL:

2 Corinthians 4:3 And even if our gospelis veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.

1 Thessalonians 1:5 because[U] our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.

2 Thessalonians 2:14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

[B]Paul AND PETER call it the Gospel of God.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God—
Romans 15:16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles. He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
2 Corinthians 11:7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?
1 Thessalonians 2:8 so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.
1 Thessalonians 2:9 Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you.
1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?
1 Thessalonians 2:2 We had previously suffered and been treated outrageously in Philippi, as you know, but with the help of our God we dared to tell you his gospel in the face of strong opposition.

There is only one Gospel, and it is God's Gospel, the Gospel of Christ, Paul's Gospel, and OUR GOSPEL.

The gospel of God, the Gospel of Christ, Paul’s gospel, and our gospel.

I do not want this post to be lost.

It is a reply to heir who said Paul's gospel was his, as if it were not Jesus' gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:34 AM
That question has been answered thoroughly. Do you have another?

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:34 AM
We are in Christ and Christ is in us. We have (if you're a true believer)
the righteousness of Christ. It's a Spiritual matter and if you we're
indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit you would know what I'm
expressing to you. You'll never get the answer to your questions
unless you become a child of God?

I am asking you what you asked me. Why won't you answer?

Did you give up any sins?

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:36 AM
I have repented of my sins and I do not sin anymore. If I do sin, I can confess and repent of it and find forgiveness. I do not live everyday all day sinning.

GM, did you repent of any sins? Do you still sin?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:38 AM

It is a reply to heir who said Paul's gospel was his, as if it were not Jesus' gospel.

You just can't comprehend what Heir is saying Because, you need to
be a child of God to understand?

Paul's Gospel was given to him by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ. Paul
preached it to the gentiles. Romans 2:16 "In the day when God shall judge
the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:39 AM
So, why do you think Paul said that?

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:41 AM
You just can't comprehend what Heir is saying Because, you need to
be a child of God to understand?

Paul's Gospel was given to him by the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ. Paul
preached it to the gentiles. Romans 2:16 "In the day when God shall judge
the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Repent of your sins or perish. That is what Jesus says. Is Jesus' words still life? Is Jesus' words life to you?

Luke 13:3 "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. 4"Or do you suppose that those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them were worse culprits than all the men who live in Jerusalem? 5"I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:42 AM

By the way, Heir's post was the truth.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:44 AM
GT, do you get along with anybody on TOL? I see that you have a habit of
getting banned.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:45 AM
So, why do you think Paul said that?

Because he taught what Jesus taught and he lived it.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:45 AM
Repent of your sins or perish. That is what Jesus says. Is Jesus' words still life? Is Jesus' words life to you?

Luke 13:3 "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. 4"Or do you suppose that those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them were worse culprits than all the men who live in Jerusalem? 5"I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

Jesus was preaching to the lost sheep of Israel.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:46 AM
GT, do you get along with anybody on TOL? I see that you have a habit of
getting banned.

I care about pleasing God not men.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:47 AM
Because he taught what Jesus taught and he lived it.

I'm talking about Paul calling it, MY Gospel? You didn't like it when
Heir mentioned it. But, it's right there in the Bible.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:47 AM
Jesus was preaching to the lost sheep of Israel.

Is Jesus' words not life to you?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:48 AM
I care about pleasing God not men.

You don't seem to show a lot of what you say you have?

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:49 AM
I'm talking about Paul calling it, His Gospel? You didn't like it when
Heir mentioned it. But, it's right there in the Bible.

Where do you get that I didn't like it?

Paul says it is the gospel of God, the Gospel of Christ, his gospel, and our gospel.

It is my gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:49 AM
Is Jesus' words not life to you?

He spoke to us (gentiles) through Paul.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:50 AM
You don't seem to show a lot of what you say you have?

Some people cannot see.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:51 AM
He spoke to us (gentiles) through Paul.

Is Jesus' words when he walked on earth life to you?

Please answer yes or no.

I will show you how easy it is.

Yes, Jesus' words are life to me.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:51 AM
Where do you get that I didn't like it?

Paul says it is the gospel of God, the Gospel of Christ, his gospel, and our gospel.

It is my gospel.

My mistake, it was your post.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:52 AM
Because you said this about it; "I do not want this post to be lost.

It is a reply to heir who said Paul's gospel was his, as if it were not Jesus' gospel."

It is my gospel.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Is it your gospel?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:55 AM
The post you were talking about was pretty good, until I read the
last part where you said there was only one message at that time.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:56 AM
There was two: The Kingdom Message and The Grace Message.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 01:59 AM
Jesus was preaching the "Kingdom Message to the lost sheep
of Israel. Whereas, Paul was preaching the "Grace Message"
to the gentiles.

God's Truth
The post you were talking about was pretty good, until I read the
last part where you said there was only one message at that time.

There is only one good news. There is only one gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe
There is only one good news. There is only one gospel.

Nope! Not at that time!

God's Truth
to the gentiles.

Jesus came with grace.

Don't you believe the scriptures that say Jesus came with grace?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Today, we have one message/Gospel and that is, The Grace Message. (Paul's Gospel) With that, I'll say goodnight.

achduke
July 20th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Christ was preaching to the lost sheep of Israel only, in the four Gospels. M,M,L,J

Paul is referencing the Lost sheep of Israel in Romans 9:25.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 08:47 AM

I believe it's speaking of the gentiles. They were NOT God's people.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 08:49 AM

By the way, what church or denomination are you/have you, been
affiliated with? Because, I want to know who I'm speaking with?

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Today, we have one message/Gospel and that is, The Grace Message. (Paul's Gospel) With that, I'll say goodnight.

Your message is that we do not have to do what Jesus said when he walked the earth!

achduke
July 20th, 2015, 08:58 AM
to the gentiles.

The Kingdom message still holds true with Christ and with Paul. What is the difference.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

John 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Also when has it ever not been about the Grace of God?

Israel never followed God completely. Noah drank, Moses did not listen to God. David murdered someone. But they all had faith and by the Grace of God they will be saved.

Gensis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD

Psalms 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

achduke
July 20th, 2015, 08:59 AM
By the way, what church or denomination are you/have you, been
affiliated with? Because, I want to know who I'm speaking with?

You and I had a long conversation about this in the recent past. I am not affiliated with any church other than the BOC.

Interplanner
July 20th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Jesus did want his country men to realize what their mission would be. There is an advantage to them working in the mission (Rom 11) unless they are opposed to it, of course! So even Paul went to Jews first and then Gentiles.

achduke
July 20th, 2015, 09:06 AM
I believe it's speaking of the gentiles. They were NOT God's people.

Hosea which Paul is referencing is speaking about the Kingdom of Israel that was split in two and divorced from God and he then called them "not my People" but later on in Hosea he goes on to say he will forgive them and he will call them "You are my people". These were the Northern Kingdom who were cast among the nations as Gentiles. Not any ordinary Gentiles but people that were once part of Israel.

Hosea 2:23 I will plant her for myself in the land;
I will show my love to the one I called ‘Not my loved one. ’
I will say to those called ‘Not my people, ’ ‘You are my people’;
and they will say, ‘You are my God.’ ”

Nick M
July 20th, 2015, 09:07 AM
so all you've got to minister with is the carnal mind...that is your testimony, that is what we see.

You are still outside the faith and will burn in hell with rusha and granite. Is that what you want? Maybe it is.

A good tree cannot produce bad fruit. Some here in Christ do not accept that premise. Bad fruit is promoting false doctrine and promoting evil. I know those that do it after being shown correction are outside Christ. They cannot produce bad fruit if in Christ, indwelt, and have his mind. They would not produce false witness.

The carnal mind is what you see in the flesh. And you see the flesh and judge on it, rather than testimony. That is the very definition of carnal.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 20th, 2015, 09:13 AM
You are still outside the faith and will burn in hell with rusha and granite. Is that what you want? Maybe it is.

A good tree cannot produce bad fruit. Some here in Christ do not accept that premise. Bad fruit is promoting false doctrine and promoting evil. I know those that do it after being shown correction are outside Christ. They cannot produce bad fruit if in Christ, indwelt, and have his mind. They would not produce false witness.

The carnal mind is what you see in the flesh. And you see the flesh and judge on it, rather than testimony. That is the very definition of carnal.

It's amazing how truth, when it is preached, sounds so perfect and
touches the heart and mind of the "True Believer." When we are in
agreement with Paul's Gospel (Grace Message) there is an instant
kinship!

Nick M
July 20th, 2015, 09:24 AM
A good tree cannot produce bad fruit (testimony).

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Hosea which Paul is referencing is speaking about the Kingdom of Israel that was split in two and divorced from God and he then called them "not my People" but later on in Hosea he goes on to say he will forgive them and he will call them "You are my people". These were the Northern Kingdom who were cast among the nations as Gentiles. Not any ordinary Gentiles but people that were once part of Israel.

Prophecies of Jesus fulfilled, as shown by Gentiles believing in God---

so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy, as it is written: “therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing hymns to your name.”
Again, it says,
“Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people.”
And again,
“Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles,
And sing praises to him, all you
Peoples.”
And again, Isaiah says,
“The Root of Jesse will spring up,
one who will arise to rule over the
Nations;
The Gentiles will hope in him.”

Read this Old Testament scripture, it is quoted in the New Testament:

2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name.

Romans 15:9
and, moreover, that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written: "Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing the praises of your name."

...And these scriptures:

Romans 15:11
And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; let all the peoples extol him."

Psalm 117:1 Praise the LORD, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples.

Psalm 66:4 All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing the praises of your name."

Interplanner
July 20th, 2015, 12:01 PM
thanks, God's Truth.
Achduke, you will need to see all these same passages as far as your 'Gentile vs Gentile' thread goes. It is not about ancestry, and anyway, the overwhelming message of the Paul in the letters is that by having faith in Christ, none of those things matter, even if it was intra-Israel, which is not why Paul is using them.

God's Truth
July 20th, 2015, 05:17 PM
thanks, God's Truth.
Achduke, you will need to see all these same passages as far as your 'Gentile vs Gentile' thread goes. It is not about ancestry, and anyway, the overwhelming message of the Paul in the letters is that by having faith in Christ, none of those things matter, even if it was intra-Israel, which is not why Paul is using them.

Thank you too. What you said was excellent.

achduke
July 20th, 2015, 05:51 PM
thanks, God's Truth.

As you can see from the end of my Gentile vs Gentile these I do not believe it is about ancestry either. We are all one in Christ.

Still Christ did go to the Northern Kingdom to bring them back to him also so that they may be in his body also.

Joh 10:16 "And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Interplanner
July 20th, 2015, 06:10 PM
I don't accept that that is who is referring to. why should I? If he is not going to include the whole world, how can it be one flock?

Why not say: he went to the Northern Kingdom and Little Asia and Greece and the Scyths and Rome and beyond?

Totton Linnet
July 21st, 2015, 04:42 AM
Go to the hospital! Why are you being so selfish with your gifts?

You stupid lazybrain

Show from scripture where Christ or the Apostles went to the hospital. It is clear from Christ's visit to the pool of Betsaida that this is not the way the gospel is to be preached...there were HUNDREDS laying sick but Christ healed only one.

You are too idle to study scripture for yourself