PDA

View Full Version : First Sunday Sabbath Rest Law

CherubRam
June 18th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Sunday Sabbath Rest.

Here is the first Sunday Law in history, a legal enactment by Constantine 1 (reigned 306-337)

"On the Venerable Day of the Sun ["venerabili die Solis"--the sacred day of the Sun] let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country, however, persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits; because it often happens that another day is not so suitable for grain-sowing or for vine-planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost--"

Given the 7th day of March, [A.D. 321], Crispus and Constantine being consuls each of them for the second time. The First Sunday Law of Constantine 1, in "Codex Justinianus," lib. 3, tit. 12, 3; trans. In Phillip Schaff "History of the Christian Church," Vol. 3, p. 380.

CherubRam
June 18th, 2015, 11:50 AM
He who fart in church sit in own pew. :devil:

CherubRam
June 18th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Like I have said many times, Christ resurrection was not on Sunday.

CherubRam
June 20th, 2015, 05:54 AM
Isn't strange how people ignore the facts in order to keep their traditions. It makes me ask myself, "are these people truly Christians?" Are people who are doing their own will contrary to God's laws truly Christians? :think:

keypurr
June 20th, 2015, 10:27 PM
Do you really think people care about truth when it disrupts their traditations?

CherubRam
June 20th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Do you really think people care about truth when it disrupts their traditations?

I wonder daily if they care about the truth.

Puppet
June 21st, 2015, 06:44 AM
Who cares about Constantine? The sabbatarians are the lostest of the lost swiming in a pool of legalism that gets them nowhere. My former SDA boss with his little boy went to some sunday worship churches and put up 666, the beast, signs in thier parking lots while the Christians struggles to pull up the signs before the services were over. This is a sign how sick the SDV are. They are mentally incapable of living among us. I have low respect for them.

CherubRam
June 21st, 2015, 08:14 AM
Who cares about Constantine? The sabbatarians are the lostest of the lost swiming in a pool of legalism that gets them nowhere. My former SDA boss with his little boy went to some sunday worship churches and put up 666, the beast, signs in thier parking lots while the Christians struggles to pull up the signs before the services were over. This is a sign how sick the SDV are. They are mentally incapable of living among us. I have low respect for them.

Revelation 13:3
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

Lateran Treaty
Newspapers at the time proclaimed the "wound" to the Vatican as "healed". February 12th, 1929 edition of the San Francisco Chronicle.

Catholic newspapers reporting the event declared the "wound" to be healed by the Lateran Treaty.
The Catholic Advocate, published in Brisbane, Australia on April 18th, 1929.

achduke
June 21st, 2015, 08:55 AM
Who cares about Constantine? The sabbatarians are the lostest of the lost swiming in a pool of legalism that gets them nowhere.

How long is forever and a lasting covenant to God?

Exodus 31:16 The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant.

Leviticus 23:3
3 For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, a holy convocation. You shall not do any work; it is a sabbath to the LORD in all your dwellings.

Isaiah 56:1,2
1This is what the Lord says:
“Maintain justice
and do what is right,
for my salvation is close at hand
and my righteousness will soon be revealed.
2Blessed is the one who does this—
the person who holds it fast,
who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it,
and keeps their hands from doing any evil.”

Isaiah 56:3-4
3Let no foreigner who is bound to the Lord say,
“The Lord will surely exclude me from his people.”
And let no eunuch complain,
“I am only a dry tree.”
4For this is what the Lord says:
“To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths,
who choose what pleases me
and hold fast to my covenant—
5to them I will give within my temple and its walls
a memorial and a name
better than sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
that will endure forever.
6And foreigners who bind themselves to the Lord
to minister to him,
to love the name of the Lord,
and to be his servants,
all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it
and who hold fast to my covenant—

Isaiah 56:7-8 Prayer for all Nations.
7these I will bring to my holy mountain
and give them joy in my house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and sacrifices
will be accepted on my altar;
for my house will be called
a house of prayer for all nations.”
8The Sovereign Lord declares—
he who gathers the exiles of Israel:
“I will gather still others to them
besides those already gathered.”

Puppet
June 21st, 2015, 09:05 AM
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

Lateran Treaty
Newspapers at the time proclaimed the "wound" to the Vatican as "healed". February 12th, 1929 edition of the San Francisco Chronicle.

Catholic newspapers reporting the event declared the "wound" to be healed by the Lateran Treaty.

I did a study on the revelation and I believe a lot of it already happened a very long time ago. To see what I mean at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRtLMqK481s

Puppet
June 21st, 2015, 09:11 AM
How long is forever and a lasting covenant to God?

Exodus 31:16 The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant.

Leviticus 23:3
3 For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, a holy convocation. You shall not do any work; it is a sabbath to the LORD in all your dwellings.

Isaiah 56:1,2
1This is what the Lord says:
“Maintain justice
and do what is right,
for my salvation is close at hand
and my righteousness will soon be revealed.
2Blessed is the one who does this—
the person who holds it fast,
who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it,
and keeps their hands from doing any evil.”

Isaiah 56:3-4
3Let no foreigner who is bound to the Lord say,
“The Lord will surely exclude me from his people.”
And let no eunuch complain,
“I am only a dry tree.”
4For this is what the Lord says:
“To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths,
who choose what pleases me
and hold fast to my covenant—
5to them I will give within my temple and its walls
a memorial and a name
better than sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
that will endure forever.
6And foreigners who bind themselves to the Lord
to minister to him,
to love the name of the Lord,
and to be his servants,
all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it
and who hold fast to my covenant—

Isaiah 56:7-8 Prayer for all Nations.
7these I will bring to my holy mountain
and give them joy in my house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and sacrifices
will be accepted on my altar;
for my house will be called
a house of prayer for all nations.”
8The Sovereign Lord declares—
he who gathers the exiles of Israel:
“I will gather still others to them
besides those already gathered.”

Can you reply with new Testament quotes? The SDA ideas on the Papal system got way out of hand

achduke
June 21st, 2015, 09:20 AM
Can you reply with new Testament quotes? The SDA ideas on the Papal system got way out of hand

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

Puppet
June 21st, 2015, 09:22 AM
1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

That's not sabbathtarian enough.

achduke
June 21st, 2015, 09:25 AM
That's not sabbathtarian enough.

So God says the sabbath is forever and in the NT say to love God is to follow his commandments and you say that is not enough?

Mat 12:12 "Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

It is lawful to do good but what about everything else?

Puppet
June 21st, 2015, 10:02 AM
So God says the sabbath is forever and in the NT say to love God is to follow his commandments and you say that is not enough?

Mat 12:12 "Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

It is lawful to do good but what about everything else?

Silly to base that on man made calendars with different interpretations of months and years. This reminds me that the Catholics say they have written down every single apostolic successions on paper when they lost the records. They used guesswork So you say men have marked every 7th day accurately since the beginning. I guess you get to pick out what calendar to use when we have many interpretations on calendars and astronomy. What jesus did changed everything in case you didn't know. Arguing sabbath days is like arguing with the nontrinitarians on jesus being God and apostic succession with the RCC. I don't want to get into that. Others are doing fine refuting you.

achduke
June 21st, 2015, 10:27 AM
Silly to base that on man made calendars with different interpretations of months and years. This reminds me that the Catholics say they have written down every single apostolic successions on paper when they lost the records. They used guesswork So you say men have marked every 7th day accurately since the beginning. I guess you get to pick out what calendar to use when we have many interpretations on calendars and astronomy. What jesus did changed everything in case you didn't know. Arguing sabbath days is like arguing with the nontrinitarians on jesus being God and apostic succession with the RCC. I don't want to get into that. Others are doing fine refuting you.

I never mentioned the calendar. The sabbath days are mentioned in scripture. I just quoted the scripture and did not change the text. Although I am not sure how all mankind would have lost the days of the week. Tomorrow is Monday the 2nd day of the week. Not to terribly hard to track and no real calculations or observations needed other then knowing the current day. I do not see how when many people including Israel and the Jews have been tracking it would have lost the day of the week. Certainly it should have been correct in the last 2000 years or Christ would have probably mentioned it.

CherubRam
June 21st, 2015, 01:22 PM

Mark 2:27
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Man = Mankind.

Puppet
June 21st, 2015, 02:44 PM
I never mentioned the calendar. The sabbath days are mentioned in scripture. I just quoted the scripture and did not change the text. Although I am not sure how all mankind would have lost the days of the week. Tomorrow is Monday the 2nd day of the week. Not to terribly hard to track and no real calculations or observations needed other then knowing the current day. I do not see how when many people including Israel and the Jews have been tracking it would have lost the day of the week. Certainly it should have been correct in the last 2000 years or Christ would have probably mentioned it.

Like God wants everyone to keep up with the leap years, shorten days in some months and longer days in other months, hour saving times in americsn calendar while the easterns have a totally different count of years and days. You just want to make youself look intelengent tied up in legalism for salvation and besides, jesus did something that changed many things regarding worship. I used to know all theses SDA theologies and that was so long ago, I discovered theres no need to defend the christians from the sabbathtarians. Maybe someone can confirm what Im saying but I won't get back into the cults. I don't have much time for that

Puppet
June 21st, 2015, 02:46 PM
I worship everyday.

achduke
June 21st, 2015, 02:55 PM
Like God wants everyone to keep up with the leap years, shorten days in some months and longer days in other months, hour saving times in americsn calendar while the easterns have a totally different count of years and days. You just want to make youself look intelengent tied up in legalism for salvation and besides, jesus did something that changed many things regarding worship. I used to know all theses SDA theologies and that was so long ago, I discovered theres no need to defend the christians from the sabbathtarians. Maybe someone can confirm what Im saying but I won't get back into the cults. I don't have much time for that

Once again what does any of that have to do with the day of the week? None of that affects the day of the week. I am not associated with the SDA and have never been associated with any affiliated church. I only read the Bible and interpret what I read. I know God is not a liar and God does not change. When he says forever he means forever. Now the law was given to Israel. Do you consider yourself part of Israel?

achduke
June 21st, 2015, 02:56 PM
I worship everyday.

As we all should.

CherubRam
June 21st, 2015, 03:34 PM
I worship everyday.

You can worship any day, but the Sabbath is Saturday. There has always been a 7 day week cycle.

CherubRam
June 21st, 2015, 03:37 PM
I worship everyday.

Man = Mankind.
That verse does not say Israel or Jew, it says "Mankind."

CherubRam
June 21st, 2015, 03:55 PM

Lateran Treaty
Newspapers at the time proclaimed the "wound" to the Vatican as "healed." February 12th, 1929 edition of the San Francisco Chronicle.

Greetings Pagan Christians, won't you please re-evaluate. I hope you found the term Pagan offensive, because at least then there is some hope for you.

Exodus 20:8
“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

CherubRam
June 21st, 2015, 04:13 PM
A·pos·ta·sy

noun: apostasy; plural noun: apostasies

Apostasy
The abandonment or renunciation of a religious or political belief.

A·pos·tate

Noun: apostate; plural noun: apostates

1. A person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle.

Synonyms: dissenter, defector, deserter, traitor, backslider, turncoat;...

Adjective: apostate

1. Abandoning a religious or political belief or principle.

Hyp·o·crite

noun: hypocrite; plural noun: hypocrites

Hypocrite
A person who indulges in hypocrisy.
Synonyms: pretender, dissembler, deceiver, liar, sanctimonious person, plaster saint; fraud, sham, fake.

CherubRam
July 19th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Have you ever studied any about the Sunday Sabbath?

PAGAN SUN WORSHIP AND CATHOLICISM: http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/verita.htm

Puppet
July 20th, 2015, 07:55 AM

Man = Mankind.

In other words, I remember God 24/7

jamie
July 20th, 2015, 09:03 AM
In other words, I remember God 24/7

That's good and the God you remember 24/7 created the seventh day as a day to be set apart from the other six days of the week.

There is nothing in the NT to suggest God changed his mind about his seventh day creation. It still applies.

Puppet
July 20th, 2015, 09:23 AM
That's good and the God you remember 24/7 created the seventh day as a day to be set apart from the other six days of the week.

There is nothing in the NT to suggest God changed his mind about his seventh day creation. It still applies.

Have you ever broken one of the ten commandments before?

jamie
July 20th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Have you ever broken one of the ten commandments before?

Who hasn't?

CherubRam
July 22nd, 2015, 02:05 AM

Man = Mankind.

You can worship any day, but the Sabbath is Saturday. There has always been a 7 day week cycle.

Man = Mankind.

Lateran Treaty
Newspapers at the time proclaimed the "wound" to the Vatican as "healed." February 12th, 1929 edition of the San Francisco Chronicle.

Greetings Pagan Christians, won't you please re-evaluate. I hope you found the term Pagan offensive, because at least then there is some hope for you.

A·pos·ta·sy

noun: apostasy; plural noun: apostasies

Apostasy
The abandonment or renunciation of a religious or political belief.

A·pos·tate

Noun: apostate; plural noun: apostates

1. A person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle.

Synonyms: dissenter, defector, deserter, traitor, backslider, turncoat;...

Adjective: apostate

1. Abandoning a religious or political belief or principle.

Hyp·o·crite

noun: hypocrite; plural noun: hypocrites

Hypocrite
A person who indulges in hypocrisy.
Synonyms: pretender, dissembler, deceiver, liar, sanctimonious person, plaster saint; fraud, sham, fake.

Have you ever studied any about the Sunday Sabbath?

PAGAN SUN WORSHIP AND CATHOLICISM: http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/verita.htm

This link has been checked.

rstrats
July 22nd, 2015, 05:15 AM
Puppet,
re: "...you say men have marked every 7th day accurately since the beginning. I guess you get to pick out what calendar to use when we have many interpretations on calendars and astronomy."

Do you have any documentation which shows that the seven day cycle has been interupted at some point during the last 2000 years?

keypurr
July 22nd, 2015, 07:06 AM
Puppet,

re: "...you say men have marked every 7th day accurately since the beginning. I guess you get to pick out what calendar to use when we have many interpretations on calendars and astronomy."

Do you have any documentation which shows that the seven day cycle has been interupted at some point during the last 2000 years?

Why not use the Hebrew calendar? After all, we have the same God.

CherubRam
July 22nd, 2015, 07:17 AM
Puppet,

According to the Astronomers we have not lost one day of time. The seven day week cycle has remained the same, even if days are added or subtracted from the calendar.

Puppet
July 22nd, 2015, 08:19 AM
Puppet,

Theres another layer of requirements you don't see at all. You do saturday and I'll do Sunday. Sunday is suitable for once a week worship. You refuting means you totally missed the other layer of interpretations.

CherubRam
July 22nd, 2015, 08:39 AM
Theres another layer of requirements you don't see at all. You do saturday and I'll do Sunday. Sunday is suitable for once a week worship. You refuting means you totally missed the other layer of interpretations.
Is it more important to keep the commands of God, or is it more important to keep the traditions of man?

rstrats
July 22nd, 2015, 10:46 AM
Puppet,
re: "Theres another layer of requirements you don't see at all...You refuting means you totally missed the other layer of interpretations."

Firstly, I didn't refute anything. I was simply asking a question.

Secondly, I didn't miss the "other layer". I was simply asking a question about the "first layer". I thought - perhaps incorrectly - that you were suggesting that the continuity of the seven day cycle had been lost in the past. I was merely asking if you had any proof of that?

rstrats
July 22nd, 2015, 10:51 AM
kepurr,
re: "Why not use the Hebrew calendar?"

How would that help as documentation for showing an interruption in the seven day cycle?

PneumaPsucheSoma
July 22nd, 2015, 11:14 AM
Jesus is the all in all.

The High Priest forever.
The once-for-all Sacrifice.
The Temple not made with hands.
The Promised Land.
The Covenant of Faith fulfilled and personified.
The Covenant of Law fulfilled and personified.
The everlasting Day.
Our everlasting Rest.

The Sabbath.

CherubRam
July 22nd, 2015, 11:29 AM
Jesus is the all in all.

The High Priest forever.
The once-for-all Sacrifice.
The Temple not made with hands.
The Promised Land.
The Covenant of Faith fulfilled and personified.
The Covenant of Law fulfilled and personified.
The everlasting Day.
Our everlasting Rest.

The Sabbath.

Matthew 19:17
“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

He does not say the Sabbath was made for the Jew, but man, as in mankind.

Christ and his disciples kept the Sabbath.

It was the Catholics who changed the Sabbath to Sunday.

The Sunday Sabbath has nothing to do with Christ resurrection.

PneumaPsucheSoma
July 22nd, 2015, 11:38 AM

Matthew 19:17
“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

He does not say the Sabbath was made for the Jew, but man, as in mankind.

Christ and his disciples kept the Sabbath.

It was the Catholics who changed the Sabbath to Sunday.

The Sunday Sabbath has nothing to do with Christ resurrection.

I'm not promoting Sunday as the Sabbath. I'm not promoting Sun-Day at all, or for any reason. Nor am I promoting Saturn-Day or any other earth solar day of the week, month, year, or years.

The Sabbath prophesied man's rest in Christ, just as all of the Old Covenant prophesied Christ in all ways.

Just as Jesus is the High Priest, Sacrifice, Temple, Promised Land, and all else, Jesus is the Sabbath. Our rest.

I don't observe any earth solar day as a Sabbath. Every earth solar day is the Sabbath when one is resting in Christ, having ceased from His own works.

Others may observe whatever Sabbaths or Holy Days as they choose or are led.

I'm celebrating the everlasting Day... every moment of every earth solar day... the Sabbath... Jesus... my Rest...

There is no other day but Him. He is the Day of Salvation. The Light that lighteth all mankind.

The Sabbath.

Puppet
July 22nd, 2015, 12:37 PM
Puppet,
re: "Theres another layer of requirements you don't see at all...You refuting means you totally missed the other layer of interpretations."

Firstly, I didn't refute anything. I was simply asking a question.

Secondly, I didn't miss the "other layer". I was simply asking a question about the "first layer". I thought - perhaps incorrectly - that you were suggesting that the continuity of the seven day cycle had been lost in the past. I was merely asking if you had any proof of that?

Counting days since thousands of years ago is just weird. If I did that I would loss total focus on God and spend my entire life counting and double checking if the counts are accurate. Jesus doesn't want wasted lifetimes wasted. Jesus new plans are on another level while the first level are for legalism and earning salvation through works and burning illegal fire to get to a entertainment people gathering building with cold spoiled food cooked the day before. Can't use refrigerators, air conditioning on sabbath according to the law the first level follow. No flames allowed on Sabbath and sparks run motors, no light either.

Nevermind, this is getting boring.

rstrats
July 22nd, 2015, 12:44 PM
Puppet,
re: "Counting days since thousands of years ago is just weird. If I did that i woukd loss total focus on God and spead my entire life counting and double checking if the counts are accurate."

Then you probably shouldn't make statements that you're not willing to back up.

Puppet
July 22nd, 2015, 12:57 PM
Puppet,
re: "Counting days since thousands of years ago is just weird. If I did that i woukd loss total focus on God and spead my entire life counting and double checking if the counts are accurate."

Dont need to go back, level 2 is on top of you. You need to look up and see what Jesus has done for His Children. Level 1 gets passed over at the end. Better duck !

CherubRam
July 22nd, 2015, 02:18 PM
I'm not promoting Sunday as the Sabbath. I'm not promoting Sun-Day at all, or for any reason. Nor am I promoting Saturn-Day or any other earth solar day of the week, month, year, or years.

The Sabbath prophesied man's rest in Christ, just as all of the Old Covenant prophesied Christ in all ways.

Just as Jesus is the High Priest, Sacrifice, Temple, Promised Land, and all else, Jesus is the Sabbath. Our rest.

I don't observe any earth solar day as a Sabbath. Every earth solar day is the Sabbath when one is resting in Christ, having ceased from His own works.

Others may observe whatever Sabbaths or Holy Days as they choose or are led.

I'm celebrating the everlasting Day... every moment of every earth solar day... the Sabbath... Jesus... my Rest...

There is no other day but Him. He is the Day of Salvation. The Light that lighteth all mankind.

The Sabbath.
The bible only mentions a Sabbath Rest with the Father.

CherubRam
July 22nd, 2015, 02:20 PM
Puppet,

Astronomers count the days by the movement of the stars.

CherubRam
July 22nd, 2015, 02:23 PM
Counting days since thousands of years ago is just weird. If I did that I would loss total focus on God and spend my entire life counting and double checking if the counts are accurate. Jesus doesn't want wasted lifetimes wasted. Jesus new plans are on another level while the first level are for legalism and earning salvation through works and burning illegal fire to get to a entertainment people gathering building with cold spoiled food cooked the day before. Can't use refrigerators, air conditioning on sabbath according to the law the first level follow. No flames allowed on Sabbath and sparks run motors, no light either.

Nevermind, this is getting boring.

You are talking about legal rulings by Rabbi's.

Puppet
July 22nd, 2015, 06:14 PM
You are talking about legal rulings by Rabbi's.

I probably got that from those debating seventh day adventists. The end results of being in the debates for a long time, I learned the sabbathterians got it wrong. But that was a long time ago. Its clear that my beliefs in sunday being an acceptable worship day still stands. Why, the bible told me so on another higher level. Those debate days are over and I have moved on. I'll just watch the Saturday folks make fools of themselves.

Puppet
July 22nd, 2015, 06:18 PM
Astronomers count the days by the movement of the stars.

And they pay the astronomers cash to have them to tell us we're saved. No thanks. You ain't get'in my money

CherubRam
July 22nd, 2015, 07:33 PM
And they pay the astronomers cash to have them to tell us we're saved. No thanks. You ain't get'in my money

Are you a comedian Puppet?:chuckle:

Puppet
July 22nd, 2015, 09:33 PM
Are you a comedian Puppet?:chuckle:

Glad you enjoyed my humor. You should lighten up o Sunday worship.

PneumaPsucheSoma
July 22nd, 2015, 11:49 PM
The bible only mentions a Sabbath Rest with the Father.

Maybe check out Hebrews 4.

rstrats
July 23rd, 2015, 05:26 AM
PneumaPsucheSoma,
re: "Maybe check out Hebrews 4."

Good idea. Hebrews 4:9 - "It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the sabbath."

CherubRam
July 23rd, 2015, 08:21 AM
PneumaPsucheSoma,

Good idea. Hebrews 4:9 - "It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the sabbath."

Maybe check out Hebrews 4.

Christ was a (elohiym / god) whereas Yahwah is God our Heavenly Father.

"The Lord" here is Yahwah.
Psalm 95 NIV
1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song.
3 For the LORD is the great God,
the great King above all gods.
4 In his hand are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to him.
5 The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.
6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;
7 for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.
Today, if only you would hear his voice,
8 “Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah,
as you did that day at Massah in the wilderness,
9 where your ancestors tested me;
they tried me, though they had seen what I did.
10 For forty years I was angry with that generation;
I said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray,
and they have not known my ways.’
11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’”

You do not enter His rest because you do not keep His Sabbath command.

PneumaPsucheSoma
July 23rd, 2015, 10:15 AM
PneumaPsucheSoma,

Wow. What jacked-up false translation is that from? The Greek says no such thing. Not even close.

"There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God."
Hebrews 4:9

And... Verse 10 continues... "For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his."

"...he that is entered..." is eiserchomai in the aorist participle active. That indicates non-continuous action at some undefined point in the past, referring simply to the reality of an event or action.

If you're stilling doing something and it's in the present and/or future as continued action; it means you haven't entered that rest, and will not.

I'm already resting in the everlasting Sabbath. By faith, I'm hypostatically translated into the resurrected, ascended, seated Christ.

Since you don't know what that means, you have no rest; and having not ceased from your own works, you labor in vain regarding earth solar days that you cannot even know are correct as an uninterrupted and accurate calendar.

Jesus IS the Sabbath. I'm IN Him and kept BY Him. Resting.

You may feel free to do your own works in vain without such rest. I've put on Christ.

PneumaPsucheSoma
July 23rd, 2015, 10:27 AM
Christ was a (elohiym / god) whereas Yahwah is God our Heavenly Father.

That's a poor representation, but I see the futility of expecting more or else from you.

"The Lord" here is Yahwah.
Psalm 95 NIV
1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song.
3 For the LORD is the great God,
the great King above all gods.
4 In his hand are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to him.
5 The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.
6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;
7 for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.
Today, if only you would hear his voice,
8 “Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah,
as you did that day at Massah in the wilderness,
9 where your ancestors tested me;
they tried me, though they had seen what I did.
10 For forty years I was angry with that generation;
I said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray,
and they have not known my ways.’
11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’”

You do not enter His rest because you do not keep His Sabbath command.

I've already entered His rest. And since you haven't, you shan't.

By faith, I've put on Christ. I am already resting in Christ.

And I notice you don't provide any cordially requested info about whatever cult you affiliate with.

CherubRam
July 25th, 2015, 03:31 AM
Wow. What jacked-up false translation is that from? The Greek says no such thing. Not even close.

"There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God."
Hebrews 4:9

And... Verse 10 continues... "For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his."

"...he that is entered..." is eiserchomai in the aorist participle active. That indicates non-continuous action at some undefined point in the past, referring simply to the reality of an event or action.

If you're stilling doing something and it's in the present and/or future as continued action; it means you haven't entered that rest, and will not.

I'm already resting in the everlasting Sabbath. By faith, I'm hypostatically translated into the resurrected, ascended, seated Christ.

Since you don't know what that means, you have no rest; and having not ceased from your own works, you labor in vain regarding earth solar days that you cannot even know are correct as an uninterrupted and accurate calendar.

Jesus IS the Sabbath. I'm IN Him and kept BY Him. Resting.

You may feel free to do your own works in vain without such rest. I've put on Christ.

Where in scriptures does Yahshua say he is the Sabbath? He does however say that he is Lord of the seventh day Sabbath. Shouldn't Christians keep his seventh day Sabbath?

PneumaPsucheSoma
July 25th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Where in scriptures does Yahshua say he is the Sabbath? He does however say that he is Lord of the seventh day Sabbath. Shouldn't Christians keep his seventh day Sabbath?

Scripture is clear that Jesus is the all in all, and that the law ceased in Him. He personified the righteousness that was in the Abrahamic and Mosaic covenants.

Christians are not prohibited from keeping the Sabbath observance from the heart, nor any other holy day. But there's no requirement to keep the Sabbath day in the New Covenant.

The biggest issue for today is the virtual impossibility of keeping the Sabbath in modern culture. It isn't just an observance of a day. It's a complete lifestyle change for one day each week. No transportation. No cooking. No utility usage. Many, many things that it's very difficult to apply in total abstinence and rest.

And there's NO way to even know the exact original calendar to know when the Sabbath is. I don't care what anyone lies and says, there is NO way to know the calendar that was the original from creation or from any time since the Mosaic covenant.

I doubt you or anyone else is actually rigorously observing the Sabbath beyond observing the day of the week and a handful of practices. And NOBODY is observing the actual Sabbath, because nobody can know exactly when the Sabbath occurs on a calendar that has been lost to us.

Since Christ IS the Sabbath (just as He is the High Priest, Final Sacrifice, Temple, Promised Land, and Law Fulfilled/Ceased/Personified), I simply rest in Him. I've put on Christ, just as scripture commands. I've ceased from my own works, including all the work of observing a law-based earth solar day that is impossible to keep anyway.

Do as you will. How, exactly do YOU keep the Sabbath (including what provisions for total rest with no work)?

And what "Sabbath" are you keeping on what calendar?

Puppet
July 25th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Scripture is clear that Jesus is the all in all, and that the law ceased in Him. He personified the righteousness that was in the Abrahamic and Mosaic covenants.

Christians are not prohibited from keeping the Sabbath observance from the heart, nor any other holy day. But there's no requirement to keep the Sabbath day in the New Covenant.

The biggest issue for today is the virtual impossibility of keeping the Sabbath in modern culture. It isn't just an observance of a day. It's a complete lifestyle change for one day each week. No transportation. No cooking. No utility usage. Many, many things that it's very difficult to apply in total abstinence and rest.

And there's NO way to even know the exact original calendar to know when the Sabbath is. I don't care what anyone lies and says, there is NO way to know the calendar that was the original from creation or from any time since the Mosaic covenant.

I doubt you or anyone else is actually rigorously observing the Sabbath beyond observing the day of the week and a handful of practices. And NOBODY is observing the actual Sabbath, because nobody can know exactly when the Sabbath occurs on a calendar that has been lost to us.

Since Christ IS the Sabbath (just as He is the High Priest, Final Sacrifice, Temple, Promised Land, and Law Fulfilled/Ceased/Personified), I simply rest in Him. I've put on Christ, just as scripture commands. I've ceased from my own works, including all the work of observing a law-based earth solar day that is impossible to keep anyway.

Do as you will. How, exactly do YOU keep the Sabbath (including what provisions for total rest with no work)?

Sabbathtarians are as lost as lost can be so the only choice the unregerates have is to demand God to choose them while working and earning fake faith. They physically went to church on saturday and call God a fool if He don't choose them based on what they did on saturdays.
Lost lost and more lost

rstrats
July 25th, 2015, 07:57 AM
PneumaPsucheSoma,
re: "And there's NO way to even know the exact original calendar to know when the Sabbath is. I don't care what anyone lies and says, there is NO way to know the calendar that was the original from creation or from any time since the Mosaic covenant."

No need to go back that far. The Sabbath that the Messiah honored was the Sabbath that his fellow countrymen used. If He had been honoring it on the incorrect day, then He would have been in violation of the Commandment and therefore not sinless. The Catholic Encyclopedia¯, Vol. 3, p. 740, article "Chronology" says: "It is to be noted that in the Christian period, the order of days in the week has never been interrupted."¯ That would include the first day of the week as well as the Sabbath. If you have documentation that shows that the seven day cycle has been interrupted at some point between the first century and now I would very much like to see it.

PneumaPsucheSoma
July 25th, 2015, 08:06 AM
PneumaPsucheSoma,
re: "And there's NO way to even know the exact original calendar to know when the Sabbath is. I don't care what anyone lies and says, there is NO way to know the calendar that was the original from creation or from any time since the Mosaic covenant."

No need to go back that far. The Sabbath that the Messiah honored was the Sabbath that his fellow countrymen used. If He had been honoring it on the incorrect day, then He would have been in violation of the Commandment and therefore not sinless. The Catholic Encyclopedia¯, Vol. 3, p. 740, article "Chronology" says: "It is to be noted that in the Christian period, the order of days in the week has never been interrupted."¯ That would include the first day of the week as well as the Sabbath. If you have documentation that shows that the seven day cycle has been interrupted at some point between the first century and now I would very much like to see it.

I'm not sure why anyone would quote the Catholic Encyclopedia. Do you ascribe everything in the Catholic Encyclopedia as being correct and accurate?

There were multiple calendars in use during the time of Christ on earth. If you'd like to spend all your time and effort on determining earth solar days for Sabbath observance, you certainly have that option and privilege.

I'd simply encourage you to rigorously keep every last finite detail of the Sabbath so you're not a hyprocrite while preaching to others and becoming a cast-away yourself.

Good luck with that. I'll just rest in Christ... my Sabbath.

PneumaPsucheSoma
July 25th, 2015, 08:09 AM
Sabbathtarians are as lost as lost can be so the only choice the unregerates have is to demand God to choose them while working and earning fake faith. They physically went to church on saturday and call God a fool if He don't choose them based on what they did on saturdays.
Lost lost and more lost

They're no worse off than many others with a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. It's pretty dismal these days.

rstrats
July 25th, 2015, 08:35 AM
PneumaPsucheSoma,
re: "I'm not sure why anyone would quote the Catholic Encyclopedia. Do you ascribe everything in the Catholic Encyclopedia as being correct and accurate?"

With regard to doctrinal statements, no. But I think their historical statements are worth a consideration.

Same as the ones below:

"The week of seven days has been in use ever since the days of the Mosaic dispensation, and we have no reason for supposing that any irregularities have existed in the succession of weeks and their days from that time to the present." --Dr. W.W. Campbell, Statement. [Dr. Campbell was Director of Lick Observatory, Mt. Hamilton, California.]

"As far as I know, in the various changes of the Calendar there has been no change in the seven day rota of the week, which has come down from very early times." --F.W. Dyson, Personal letter, dated March 4, 1932. [Dr. Dyson was Astronomer Royal, Royal Observatory, Greenwich, London.]

"As to Question (1)--I can only state that in connection with the proposed simplification of the calendar, we have had occasion to investigate the results of the works of specialists in chronology and we have never found one of them that has ever had the slightest doubt the continuity of the weekly cycle since long before the Christian era.

"As to Question (2) --There has been no change in our calendar in past centuries that has affected in any way the cycle of the week." --James robertson, personal letter, dated March 12, 1932. [Dr. robertson was Director of the American Ephemeris, Navy Department, U.S. Naval Observatory, Washington, D.C.]

"In spite of all of our dickerings with the calendar, it is patent that the human race never lost the septenary [seven-day] sequence of week days and that the Sabbath of these latter times comes down to us from Adam, through the ages, without a single lapse." --Dr. Totten, Statement. [Dr. Totten of New Haven, Connecticut, was Professor of Astronomy at Yale University when this statement was made.]

Again, if you have documentation that supports your assertion that the seven day cycle has been interrupted at some point between the first century and now I would very much like to see it.

rstrats
July 25th, 2015, 08:42 AM
PneumaPsucheSoma,
re: "I'd simply encourage you to rigorously keep every last finite detail of the Sabbath so you're not a hyprocrite"

What have I asserted that would make me a hypocrite for not keeping "every last finite detail of the Sabbath"?

CherubRam
July 25th, 2015, 10:47 AM

The New Testament shows that the new Gentile converts were attending Sabbath services with the rest of the Jews. That is why it was not an issue. Hundreds of years later the Pagans had the Sabbath changed to Sunday. Christ said he did not come to do away with the law. You are saying things that are not true scripturally. By the way, we do not live under the old priesthood authority.

PneumaPsucheSoma
July 25th, 2015, 12:02 PM
The New Testament shows that the new Gentile converts were attending Sabbath services with the rest of the Jews. That is why it was not an issue. Hundreds of years later the Pagans had the Sabbath changed to Sunday. Christ said he did not come to do away with the law. You are saying things that are not true scripturally. By the way, we do not live under the old priesthood authority.

Hey, feel free to attempt to keep some earth solar day in whatever manner you choose.

And I never said anything about Christ having done away with the law. He fulfilled it. It's personified in Him. He is the righteousness of God, just as the law WAS. I fulfill Christ as He keeps me.

I've ceased from my own works, and am in the timeless everlasting rest of being hypostatically translated into Christ.

If you understood the ontological Gospel, you'd know what I'm saying.

way 2 go
July 25th, 2015, 12:33 PM
He does however say that he is Lord of the seventh day Sabbath. Shouldn't Christians keep his seventh day Sabbath?

new dispensation came in with Paul being sent to the gentiles
no Christians do not have to keep the sabbath or be circumcised.

Act 15:28 For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements:
Act 15:29 that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled,
and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell."

Puppet
July 25th, 2015, 12:45 PM
They're no worse off than many others with a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. It's pretty dismal these days.

Religion for profit. They tell you you must tithe and then after that, have a rabbi to calculate your days for gatherings at the building you paid for, including rabbi's new car. They worship moses instead of jesus.

CherubRam
July 25th, 2015, 02:04 PM
no Christians do not have to keep the sabbath or be circumcised.

Act 15:28 For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements:
Act 15:29 that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled,
and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell."

Sabbath Judaizers
The Council of Laodicea of around 365 AD decreed 59 laws, #29:
"Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honoring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ."

Pisidian Antioch in the Roman Empire
Acts 13
13 From Paphos, Paul and his companions sailed to Perga in Pamphylia, where John left them to return to Jerusalem. 14 From Perga they went on to Pisidian Antioch. On the Sabbath they entered the synagogue and sat down. 15 After the reading from the Law and the Prophets, the leaders of the synagogue sent word to them, saying, “Brothers, if you have a word of exhortation for the people, please speak.”16 Standing up, Paul motioned with his hand and said: “Fellow Israelites and you Gentiles who worship God, listen to me!

44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.
46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

The first Gentile converts kept the Sabbath, and so therefore it was not an issue.

way 2 go
July 25th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Pisidian Antioch in the Roman Empire
Acts 13
13 From Paphos, Paul and his companions sailed to Perga in Pamphylia, where John left them to return to Jerusalem. 14 From Perga they went on to Pisidian Antioch. On the Sabbath they entered the synagogue and sat down. 15 After the reading from the Law and the Prophets, the leaders of the synagogue sent word to them, saying, “Brothers, if you have a word of exhortation for the people, please speak.”16 Standing up, Paul motioned with his hand and said: “Fellow Israelites and you Gentiles who worship God, listen to me!

44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.
46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

The first Gentile converts kept the Sabbath, and so therefore it was not an issue.
The first Gentile converts were proselytes.

Act 13:16 Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience.

James was not OK with non proselyte gentiles

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles:
but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

rstrats
July 25th, 2015, 03:49 PM
way 2 go,

By referrencing Acts 15:28 -29 are you suggesting that the Council's decree exempts Gentiles from keeping the Ten Commandments - well, with the exception of the seventh (sixth if your RC) of course?

CherubRam
July 25th, 2015, 04:21 PM
The first Gentile converts were proselytes.

Act 13:16 Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience.

James was not OK with non proselyte gentiles

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

This thread is about the Sabbath, not circumcision.

The biblical term "proselyte" is an anglicization of the Koine Greek term προσήλυτος/proselytos, as used in the Greek Old Testament for "stranger", i.e. a "newcomer to Israel"; a "sojourner in the land", and in the Greek New Testament for a first century convert to Judaism, generally from Ancient Greek religion. It is a translation of the Biblical Hebrew phrase גר תושב/ ger toshav.

Judaize

YLT
Galatians 2:14
But when I saw that they are not walking uprightly to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before all, `If thou, being a Jew, in the manner of the nations dost live, and not in the manner of the Jews, how the nations dost thou compel to Judaize?

But when I saw that they were not walking uprightly according to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before everyone, If you, being a Jew live in the manner of the nations, and not in the manner of the Jews, then how will you compel the nations to Judaize?

way 2 go
July 25th, 2015, 05:55 PM
The biblical term "proselyte" is an anglicization of the Koine Greek term προσήλυτος/proselytos, as used in the Greek Old Testament for "stranger", i.e. a "newcomer to Israel"; a "sojourner in the land", and in the Greek New Testament for a first century convert to Judaism, generally from Ancient Greek religion. It is a translation of the Biblical Hebrew phrase גר תושב/ ger toshav.

Judaize

YLT
But when I saw that they are not walking uprightly to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before all, `If thou, being a Jew, in the manner of the nations dost live, and not in the manner of the Jews, how the nations dost thou compel to Judaize?

But when I saw that they were not walking uprightly according to the truth of the good news, I said to Peter before everyone, If you, being a Jew live in the manner of the nations, and not in the manner of the Jews, then how will you compel the nations to Judaize?

Act 6:5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas,
and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:

This thread is about the Sabbath, not circumcision.
So you want us to live like Jews except for circumcision.

way 2 go
July 25th, 2015, 06:03 PM
way 2 go,

By referrencing Acts 15:28 -29 are you suggesting that the Council's decree exempts Gentiles from keeping the Ten Commandments - well, with the exception of the seventh (sixth if your RC) of course?

the councils decree was gentiles do not have to live as Jews

but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision

CherubRam
July 25th, 2015, 06:15 PM
Act 6:5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas,
and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:

So you want us to live like Jews except for circumcision.

I want people to live like the original Christians, not like the Pagan Christians whom came later. They killed the Judaic Christians and the burned the original scriptures, and they replaced them with their own versions.

rstrats
July 25th, 2015, 06:24 PM
way 2 go,
re: "the councils decree was gentiles do not have to live as Jews"

That is not responsive to my question. The question is: "Are you saying that Acts 15:28-29 means that except for adultry that the gentiles were exempt from the requirement to observe the ten commandments?"

way 2 go
July 25th, 2015, 09:05 PM
re: "the councils decree was gentiles do not have to live as Jews"

That is not responsive to my question. The question is: "Are you saying that Acts 15:28-29 means that except for adultry that the gentiles were exempt from the requirement to observe the ten commandments?"

i did respond to your question

the councils decree was gentiles do not have to live as Jews

Act 15:5 But some believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees rose up and said, "It is necessary to circumcise them and to order them to keep the law of Moses."

Act 15:10 Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?

rstrats
July 26th, 2015, 04:53 AM
way 2 go,
re: "i did respond to your question"

The question was: "Are you saying that Acts 15:28-29 means that except for adultry that the gentiles were exempt from the requirement to observe the ten commandments?" That's a yes or no question. You haven't answered it.

re: "Act 15:10 Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?"

Are you saying that means that they or their fathers were not able to bear not having other gods, not making gaven images, not misusing the name of the supreme being, not resting on the seventh day, not dishonoring their parents, not murdering, not stealing, not bearing false witness and not coveting?

way 2 go
July 26th, 2015, 12:30 PM
way 2 go,
re: "i did respond to your question"

The question was: "Are you saying that Acts 15:28-29 means that except for adultry that the gentiles were exempt from the requirement to observe the ten commandments?" That's a yes or no question. You haven't answered it.

re: "Act 15:10 Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?"

Are you saying that means that they or their fathers were not able to bear not having other gods, not making gaven images, not misusing the name of the supreme being, not resting on the seventh day, not dishonoring their parents, not murdering, not stealing, not bearing false witness and not coveting?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/oh-really-now.gif