PDA

View Full Version : ARCHIVE: God's mass-murder in the flood

Pages : 1 [2]

drbrumley
December 3rd, 2003, 07:11 PM
Thats not the point Smothers

smothers
December 3rd, 2003, 07:12 PM
I'm trying to deal with reality, Knight is presenting a fictional scenario.

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by smothers
Q:
If we disagree, how on earth could we agree on an objective third party??? I.e., the only one of us who would think our third party was objective would be the one that was ultimately exonerated - heaven knows what would happen if our objective third party didn't agree with either of us! -

A: Isn't choosing a third party to decide the basis of government, mediation and the court system? No, you are wrong. In most countries and certainly in a righteous Government (if one existed) Judges would be chosen to uphold an EXISTING standard. Only in evil governments would these judges get to set the standards themselves. In fact even in the wicked governments that exist today I can't think of any that let their chosen judges set their own standards of morality (at least they aren't supposed to) ;)

You continue...
A: Objective means an accurate representation of reality. One would choose a third party by their quality of viewing/deciding things based on reality. Do I get to choose the third party or do you? :)

smothers
December 3rd, 2003, 07:15 PM
I would think that it would be pretty obvious that those with a higher quality of life tend to live longer. Notice the word "tend", Knight is attempting to point at statistical flukes to prove his point.

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 07:15 PM
The person who lived in a cave would statistically not live to be 75. This person is a statistical outlier. You should choose a better example. So it's theoretically impossible for this to happen????

OK... just for your tiny brain let me re-word the example....

Fred Jones lives to be 45 years old. He has a beautiful loving wife, three kids a high paying job and excellent overall health. His life is filled with family, friends, freedom and happiness.

Tom Smith lives to be 45 years old. At age 5 he was captured by natives and forced to live in a cold dark cave his entire life digging for gold for these fairly odd natives. Occasionally when he didn't perform to the pleasure of the natives they would torture him. He wasn't allowed any outside contact and was fed only mush for food his entire life.

According to YOUR "quality of life" standard these two men had identical "qualities of life" :rolleyes:

taoist
December 3rd, 2003, 07:16 PM
It's okay, Knight. I volunteer.

smothers
December 3rd, 2003, 07:16 PM
This line of reasoning isn't going any where. What is your point?

drbrumley
December 3rd, 2003, 07:17 PM
how about changing the age to 25, Knight's point is STILL valid.

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 07:18 PM
I would think that it would be pretty obvious that those with a higher quality of life tend to live longer. Notice the word "tend", Knight is attempting to point at statistical flukes to prove his point. You created the standard not me. Tendencies weren't part of your standard.

Let me re-post your standard and see if you want to alter it....

Quality of life can be described as the statistical length of a group's life. - smothers standard.

smothers
December 3rd, 2003, 07:21 PM
Okay Knight, you win. I give up. I have no objective standard to live by. Is that where you are going with this?

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 07:21 PM
This line of reasoning isn't going any where. What is your point? Just admit you have no answers! You are lost and can't even defend the most minute points. Your own world-view confounds you and you haven't the foggiest clue as to what is what.

Admit that.... and I think most people will be gracious and forget about this most embarrassing thread for you.

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 07:22 PM
Okay Knight, you win. I give up. I have no objective standard to live by. Is that where you are going with this? Yes... isn't it obvious?

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by taoist
It's okay, Knight. I volunteer. Volunteer for what?

smothers
December 3rd, 2003, 07:25 PM
wow, I'm not sure what to say. Why would it matter to you that I supposedly have no objective standard for my life?

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 07:27 PM
wow, I'm not sure what to say. Why would it matter to you that I supposedly have no objective standard for my life? Well... mainly because you were appealing to standards as if they were objective.

I proved that they weren't.

Do you know what this tells us about you?

Zakath
December 3rd, 2003, 07:30 PM
smothers,

DUCK!

taoist
December 3rd, 2003, 07:30 PM
And sometimes, when you listen, you hear more than you asked for. Knight, that was just precious. If there's one thing I've found more arbitrary than a standard set down by canonical spirituality, it's got to be the objectivist school. Ayn Rand was a fascist.

Aimiel
December 3rd, 2003, 08:21 PM
There are NO errors?Correct.
No instances in which the Bible claims rabbits eat their kud, no instances in which insects are said to have four legs (not six)?I found these answers (http://members.tripod.com/~GaryCooper/rabbit.html) by doing a simple search, using the terms, "rabbit, chew, cud and Bible."
There are no contradictions in the resurection story between the gospel?No, for I believe that the differences between what the men remember is a way of proving the accuracy of the parts of their stories which agree.
The bible doesn't display PI has 3?I'm sorry to dissappoint, but I found another simple solution (http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/pseudosc/pibible.htm) using the search words, "Bible, Pi and three."[/QUOTE] The bible doesn't say man origionated from the middle east when clear and indisputable archaeological evidence shows man started in Africa?[/QUOTE]Now, wait just a minute... you expect me to accept 'clear and indisputable' evidence (sight unseen mind you) from the people who bring forth theories such as evolution, with no evidence whatsoever to back them up, and say, "Well, it must be so, they said it?" It looks like you have trashed your reasoning abilities. The same group of people who claim to be scientists, with no proof, go around trying to pass of an 'old earth' theory as fact, again with no evidence. What do you take me for? I was born at night, but I wasn't born last night. There has been a lot more archeological proof that the Bible is right than that it is wrong. I have yet to see any that dis-proves anything in the Bible. The things which the Bible gave us, long before science discovered the truth of the matter far outweigh your simple disputations (which, by the way, have now all been shot down).
I would classify the six day creation story and the fall of man as clear fairy-tales.Of course you would, you have your 'science,' which really is already proven to be full of far more fairy-tales than the Bible.
Most people view noah building a boat then placing animals in it as a nice story; but not one to be taken literally.I believe that you have some erroneous data here, because many people who don't adhere to Christianity, or even Judaism, believe that Noah built an ark, and that God brought the animals in, two-by-two. His bow in the Heavens kind of trumps your 'most people ' idea.
What else could you call it when a woman talks to a snake, eats an apple then gets expelled from a garden? The Truth, plain and simple. The really neat part is, one day, that old serpent, the dragon, Satan himself, will be cast alive into the Lake of Fire. :devil:

Aimiel
December 3rd, 2003, 08:23 PM
wow, I'm not sure what to say. Why would it matter to you that I supposedly have no objective standard for my life? Because that would mean that (besides foolish, which is understood, on your part) you are also without reason.

smothers
December 3rd, 2003, 08:47 PM
quote:

Because that would mean that (besides foolish, which is understood, on your part) you are also without reason.

-----

And that has what to do with God being evil?

Granite
December 3rd, 2003, 08:49 PM
quote:

Because that would mean that (besides foolish, which is understood, on your part) you are also without reason.

-----

And that has what to do with God being evil?

Lacking reason how can we really believe you can prove and conclusively demonstrate the evil of God?

granite

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 08:51 PM
And that has what to do with God being evil? Ahem... remember.... you have no standard on which to claim God is evil.

Unless you invented a new standard within the last hour or so.

Aimiel
December 3rd, 2003, 08:54 PM
I don't believe in 'absolute morality.' Hey, stop that guy, he stole my wallet. That's absolutely wrong.

That was one example of foolishness that lack of reason produces. Want to see more? Stay tuned, smothers will be back, after these announcements...

smothers
December 3rd, 2003, 08:55 PM
Well, good luck with all that. then.

Vitamin J
December 3rd, 2003, 08:56 PM
This thread is a "keeper". :up:

smothers
December 3rd, 2003, 08:59 PM
I just realized why I stopped wasting time on the usenet. It was encounters with social pariah's like Taoist and Knight who live out their life on the Internet. I hope your life is more interesting that the persona you present on the net.

Granite
December 3rd, 2003, 08:59 PM
Well, good luck with all that. then.

:chuckle:

granite

Aimiel
December 3rd, 2003, 09:00 PM
This smothers is OK. You can see that he doesn't have a leg to stand on, but he tries. I admire his stamina, at least. He doesn't anger easily, and that is always a plus, especially around here. He does need to do just a little bit more studying though.

Granite
December 3rd, 2003, 09:01 PM
I just realized why I stopped wasting time on the usenet. It was encounters with social pariah's like Taoist and Knight who live out their life on the Internet. I hope your life is more interesting that the persona you present on the net.

Gee folks, that's the sound of someone's wheels spinning!

Look, genius, you're here too, along with the rest of us. Complaining about people living lives out on the net's a real hoot. That's like going to a bar once a week and getting disgusted with the regulars...

granite

Aimiel
December 3rd, 2003, 09:03 PM
What about MY POST? (http://www.theologyonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=398241#post398241) Currently it is post number 268 in this thread.

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 09:07 PM
TRANSLATION = smothers is a fool that can't even defend his own world view.

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by granite1010
Gee folks, that's the sound of someone's wheels spinning!

Look, genius, you're here too, along with the rest of us. Complaining about people living lives out on the net's a real hoot. That's like going to a bar once a week and getting disgusted with the regulars...

granite LOL... :D :up:

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Aimiel
This smothers is OK. You can see that he doesn't have a leg to stand on, but he tries. I admire his stamina, at least. He doesn't anger easily, and that is always a plus, especially around here. He does need to do just a little bit more studying though. Are you reading the same thread I am reading? :D

Turbo
December 3rd, 2003, 09:50 PM
I just realized why I stopped wasting time on the usenet. It was encounters with social pariah's like Taoist and Knight who live out their life on the Internet. I hope your life is more interesting that the persona you present on the net. Once again smothers, who criticizes those who name-call, resorts to namecalling.

Remember post #27?

I can usually find out when the opposition is loosing when they start calling you names. :think:

P.S. "Social pariah" is redundant.

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 09:52 PM
Gee Turbo :turbo: you almost missed all the fun on this most excellent thread. :D

smothers
December 3rd, 2003, 09:53 PM
quote:

What about MY POST? Currently it is post number 268 in this thread.

-----
Perhaps another day.

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 09:56 PM
quote:

What about MY POST? Currently it is post number 268 in this thread.

-----
Perhaps another day. TRANSLATION = I am taking my ball and going home. :baby:

Turbo
December 3rd, 2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Knight
Gee Turbo :turbo: you almost missed all the fun on this most excellent thread. :D Yeah, I was out and about this evening. (Unlike you, you pariah!!)

I've really enjoyed reading it though. Thanks for picking it up for me. :up:

And thanks for finishing up on the coldness and darkness thing for me yesterday. You explained it perfectly.

rfburnhertz
December 3rd, 2003, 10:00 PM
TRANSLATION = I am taking my ball and going home. :baby:

Ball?
Whats that?

I've heard the phrase 'I'm taking my puck, my stick and my pads and going home'

but never 'my ball and going home'.

smothers
December 3rd, 2003, 10:33 PM
Now THAT was fun. I hope you all have a good night.

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 11:05 PM
Now THAT was fun. I hope you all have a good night. Obviously smothers is a masochist. :hammer:

taoist
December 3rd, 2003, 11:40 PM
7:13p Knight;
You continue...Do I get to choose the third party or do you? :)

(two more posts, both 7:15p)

7:16p taoist;

Knight;
Volunteer for what?

taoist;
Improving my joke timing while I keep my day job, it seems.

Knight
December 3rd, 2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by taoist
7:13p Knight;
You continue...Do I get to choose the third party or do you? :)

(two more posts, both 7:15p)

7:16p taoist;

Knight;
Volunteer for what?

taoist;
Improving my joke timing while I keep my day job, it seems. :ha: I knew it had to make some sense.

Zakath
December 4th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by rfburnhertz
Ball?
Whats that?

I've heard the phrase 'I'm taking my puck, my stick and my pads and going home'

but never 'my ball and going home'. Northerners! :chuckle:

Zakath
December 4th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Obviously smothers is a masochist. :hammer: Do you know how to torment a masochist? ;)

Jukia
December 4th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Yeah, when they ask to get beaten you refuse.

Zakath
December 4th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Jukia
Yeah, when they ask to get beaten you refuse. :thumb:

Rolf Ernst
December 27th, 2003, 02:03 PM
I see that some of you wail at God's right to execute judgement.
Who do you think you are? Are you looking for some wimp God you can push around, some God who has no power to govern His earth and do with His own what He wills to do with His own?
Then run to your false Gods, the figments of your own imaginations. Our God reigns, and does whatsoever He pleases in heaven and in earth; and no one can stay His hand, or so unto Him,What are you doing? (Daniel 4:25)
If you want a false God who does what YOU think He should do,
you won't find Him in the Holy Bible. Go to your sticks, your stones, your mud, and build your own god, your false god.
Our God wounds and heals. He kills and makes alive. The fact that men don't like that is one of the proofs that YHWH is not one of the wimp gods unbelievers can get along with.
But He has given you warning, "If you believe not that I am He," said Jesus, "you shall die in your sin."
Love your sin do you? Want a God who does not execute judgement against sin? Too bad! Learn to realize God's right to execute judgement against sin. Flee from sin. Leave this world while bathing in sin in defiance of the true God, and you will forever be bound by it with no hope of release, and once He has taken the breath from your nostrils, you will plummet endlessly into the utter degradation which even now your own heart would plunge you if it weren't for His merciful hand restraining the natural bent of your heart to evil. Repent or be forever bound to the full wickedness of the evil in your own nature. You will, apart from Christ, find yourself living on Jeffry Dahmer lane next door to Hitler and Stalin. Sorry, no buses will run out of that town.

Rolf Ernst
December 27th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Sorry, Smothers, but one of the surest signs that God is good is that He takes away the wicked from the earth. "The wicked shall be turned into hell and all the nations that forget God."
Your obsession with death is an indication you have a great fear of it. Think about Ahab. God had warned Ahab of his coming death
through His prophet. Years passed. Then God said to His evil spirits, "Who will be a lying spirit in the mouth of Ahab's false prophets so that he will go up to battle and die?" Lying prophets love to lie, and evil spirits love to deceive. Ahab had lived years since God had warned how dogs would lick up his blood. Ahab despised the God who had the power of life and death in His hand. God was just. The scales of justice were His. An evil spirit said, "I will!" Ahab took every precaution he could. He saw to it that the king of Judah wore the kingly dress into battle, but Ahab himself tried to conceal himself in the garb of a common soldier.
But in the course of battle, a soldier "drew a bow at a venture" He had not aimed. He just raised the bow on a chance. By God's absolute providential rule, the direction of the arrow and the elevation were precise. The arrow struck Ahab between the joints of the armor and just as God had promised, dogs licked
Ahabs blood out of his war chariot. THAT SAME GOD STILL REIGNS, Smothers.

Delmar
March 11th, 2005, 08:58 PM

The idea that we must hold God accountable to a human standard is by itself irrational: it implies an equal playing field between created and creator.

granite Bump.

Mr. 5020
March 11th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Smothers is getting spanked like a 2 year old at Wal-Mart.

GO KNIGHT!

GO TURBO!

Delmar
March 11th, 2005, 09:57 PM

Granite:

Besides calling me names (I'm noticing a trend here.), what is your point?

Mark

Have I? Don't recall...although now that you mention it, your whole argument on this thread strikes me as sophomoric, repetitive, pointless, and lame.

So, let's call God on the carpet, shall we? Give him a sit-down. Put him through a business review. What exactly are you trying to prove? Life's unfair? God's unfair? God's evil, God's unjust?

Keep shaking your fist, what good it'll do you...

granite

Mr. 5020
March 11th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by deardelmar

Did you say something?

;)

Poly
March 11th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Wow, I forgot about this thread. Great stuff!

Mr. 5020
March 11th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Poly

Wow, I forgot about this thread. Great stuff! What's up with your avatar, Goth Poly?

Poly
March 11th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Mr. 5020

What's up with your avatar, Goth Poly?

Nah, just a lady with a real white face and gob of black make- up. :eek:

LivingDeadDoll
March 12th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Poly

Nah, just a lady with a real white face and gob of black make- up. :eek:

looks similar to some of me Living Dead Dolls...

Mr. 5020
March 12th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by LivingDeadDoll

looks similar to some of me Living Dead Dolls... Maybe she is :mock:ing you.

LivingDeadDoll
March 12th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Well, if that is so, it is not very effective, as i am not offended. I rather like gothic things.

Delmar
March 12th, 2005, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Mr. 5020

Did you say something?

;) No , just giving Granite his own words to think about.

Turbo
March 12th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Wow! It was fun to reread this thread. I'm archiving it.