PDA

View Full Version : What If Love Is NOT An Emotion

Squeaky
April 24th, 2015, 05:49 PM
1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

oatmeal
April 24th, 2015, 05:59 PM
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
(NKJ)

It is most certainly not an emotion.

Emotions result from actions of the will or some external stimuli.

Love, that is, God's love, agape is a decision of the mind to love.

Squeaky
April 24th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Interesting.

oatmeal
April 24th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Interesting.

What is love?

John 3:16 defines it quite clearly.

God so loved the world that He

a. got emotional

b. wondered "where is the love?"

c. complained about not being in love

c. gave ( of himself)

God so love the world that He gave.

People who want to experience love need to learn to give of themselves.

People think love always feels good. Who says? Where is that verse?

Did Jesus Christ feel good when he was being tortured and then hanging on a tree?

Hebrews 12:2

His act of love did not feel good to him, but he endured it for the joy set before him.

How did Jesus feel when he healed ten lepers and only one returned to thank him?

How did Paul feel when he, out of love for God and people, got whipped and thrashed and imprisoned for preaching?

Yet both Jesus Christ and Paul knew how to love people, they gave of themselves to others.

Not everyone appreciated what Jesus Christ and Paul and Peter and other men and women of God were doing.

I Corinthians 13 tells lists characteristics of love.

How many would be comfortable to do? It takes work to love. Some times very hard work

Squeaky
April 24th, 2015, 07:42 PM
What is love?

a. got emotional

c. gave ( of himself)

God so love the world that He gave.

People who want to experience love need to learn to give of themselves.

People think love always feels good. Who says? Where is that verse?

Did Jesus Christ feel good when he was being tortured and then hanging on a tree?

Hebrews 12:2

His act of love did not feel good to him, but he endured it for the joy set before him.

How did Jesus feel when he healed ten lepers and only one returned to thank him?

How did Paul feel when he, out of love for God and people, got whipped and thrashed and imprisoned for preaching?

Yet both Jesus Christ and Paul knew how to love people, they gave of themselves to others.

Not everyone appreciated what Jesus Christ and Paul and Peter and other men and women of God were doing.

I Corinthians 13 tells lists characteristics of love.

How many would be comfortable to do? It takes work to love. Some times very hard work

I said
Your right I agree. Suffering wrongfully but doing it willingly is what love is.

1 Pet 2:19-22
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
(NKJ)

Squeaky
April 24th, 2015, 08:45 PM
LOVE? (CAN YOU DEFINE LOVE)(SUFFERING WRONGFULLY BUT DOING IT WILLINGLY) TO PLEASE GOD
John 13:34
34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
Gal 1:10
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
1 Pet 4:19
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator.
I Jn 3:23
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
1 Pet 2:19
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
1 Pet 2:21-22
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
II Th 3:13
13 But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good.
Gal 5:5-6
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
II Th 2:9-12
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Rev 3:17-19
17 "Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'-- and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked--
18 "I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.
19 "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.
Rev 3:15-16
15 "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.
16 "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
Rev 3:20
20 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
1Thes 5:8-9
8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.
9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 6:13-17
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
1 Pet 2:21
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Luke 6:37-38
37 "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
38 "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."
Gal 5:22-25
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
I Jn 4:16
16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
I Jn 4:8
8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
Rom 3:21-23
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
II Th 1:3-5
3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds toward each other,
4 so that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that you endure,
5 which is manifest evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer;
1 Cor 13:1-13
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Tim 1:5
II Jn 1:6
6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
1 Pet 3:17
17 For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
1 Cor 10:24
24 Let no one seek his own, but each one the other's well-being.
(NKJ)
Gal 5:24
(NKJ)

Everyone is made up of feelings and emotions and thoughts. And the Holy Spirit only quotes verses. Now to walk according to the Holy Spirit one will have to obey every verse that enters their mind from the Holy Spirit. And to do this one will have to go against all their feelings and emotions. That will be so hard that one will find they cant do it on their own, so they will have to pray to God for help. When one finds they cant do it on their own, but after they pray they can do it. This is how the love of God is revealed to them. Then one has an experiance in walking in love. Love is not a feeling or an emotion. Love is the act of going against all your emotions and feelings-suffering wrongfully. The feeling that most are deceived into thinking is love is in reality lust or coveting. Like when someone says I would love to have a two story house, or I would love to have lots of money. In spiritual reality they are saying I covet a two story house, or I lust after money. Covet is singular, and lust is plural(emotions).

Gal 5:17
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
Acts 5:41
41 So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name.
(NKJ)

Now all our emotions are unclean spirit and our unclean spirits(emotions)want us to stand up and fight for justice or law. Which is from the old testament law of sin and death. And God is going to judge us with the same measure of anything we live by. Whether it be wrath, anger, violence, compassion, love, or selfishness.

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

xx And what Christians want God to do is sacrifice the law of sin and death. And to get God to, we have to do it first. Love is an action not an emotion. God is going to judge us, and use on us the very same things that we use on others. If you dont want God standing up for His rights then dont stand up for yours while on earth. If you dont want God to give you what you deserve then dont give others what they deserve. If you want God to forgive you on judgment day then you forgive others while on earth. Because the same measure that you use on others determines the same measure that God is going to use on you. And everyone has fallen short. Being nice to someone with no emotions or affections is kindness. Being nice to someone when you have affections is friendly. Being nice to someone when you have an emotion if dislike or hate or anger is love.

Luke 6:27-32
27 "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
28 "bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.
29 "To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.
30 "Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back.
31 "And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
(NKJ)
1 Pet 4:1

1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
(NKJ)

Matt 5:44-48
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
48 "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
(NKJ)

I Jn 4:6-12
6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.
(NKJ)

John 15:13-14
13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 14:1
1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
(NKJ)

xxx A Christian should put up with other peoples weaknesses(bear) because they will have to overcome their own burdens.
Gal 6:2-5
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For each one shall bear his own load.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)
XXX The only way to love is to suffer wrongfully. You want to know why there is so much suffering in the world. Its because man does not want to love one another. And who is behind them pushing them to stand up for their rights? Satan. If your not suffering wrongfully, all you have in your treasury is kindness. So you think you know what love is, you dont. Those who know have crucified their flesh with all its emotions and feelings. And have found their inner man, and crucified their outer person.

Gal 5:22-25
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
(NKJ)

Squeaky
April 25th, 2015, 04:54 PM

Squeaky
April 26th, 2015, 03:59 AM
If you cant define love how do you know that you can perform love?

fishrovmen
April 26th, 2015, 05:05 AM
Ask Tina Turner

Squeaky
April 26th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Ask Tina Turner

I said
lol She cant know or she wouldn't have sang the way she did.

God's Truth
April 26th, 2015, 09:33 AM
(NKJ)

Love is an emotion.

Squeaky
April 26th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Love is an emotion.

I said
No it isn't. The emotion that you think is love is in reality coveting or lust. The emotions we are suppose to crucify.

Gal 5:16-24
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
(NKJ)

This is love. To suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. If there is no suffering there is no love. If there is no suffering wrongfully it is kindness or goodness, but not love.

20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
(NKJ)

God's Truth
April 26th, 2015, 10:45 AM
I said
No it isn't. The emotion that you think is love is in reality coveting or lust. The emotions we are suppose to crucify.

Gal 5:16-24
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
(NKJ)

This is love. To suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. If there is no suffering there is no love. If there is no suffering wrongfully it is kindness or goodness, but not love.

(NKJ)

Love is an emotion.

Squeaky
April 26th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Love is an emotion.

I said
It is vain to just throw your own opinion at me. I know the Word and I know the Holy Spirit. The devil has deceived you into accepting the counterfeit. He tells us not to trust our own opinion.

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

Squeaky
April 27th, 2015, 03:36 AM
Do you really walk in love? Or are you deceived by coveting?

Squeaky
April 28th, 2015, 06:03 PM
bump

Ps82
April 28th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Passion is a sexual urge.
Affection is an emotional choice.
Love is a verb that requires doing something that lifts up someone else by first sacrificing oneself.

We all long for someone to love us in return ... but Christ is the only one that has actually accomplished this with success.

Squeaky
April 28th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Passion is a sexual urge.
Affection is an emotional choice.
Love is a verb that requires doing something that lifts up someone else by first sacrificing oneself.

We all long for someone to love us in return ... but Christ is the only one that has actually accomplished this with success.

I said
Passion is an emotion. Affections are different. Emotions push us to an action. Affections don't. If someone is emotional they cant hear the Holy Spirit.

Gal 5:16-25
(NKJ)

OCTOBER23
April 28th, 2015, 07:19 PM
LOVE IS KEEPING THE COMMANDMENTS.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience,

kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments:

Squeaky
April 28th, 2015, 07:22 PM

I said
What do you hate your parents?

Ktoyou
April 28th, 2015, 07:29 PM
What If YOU Accepted Your Emotions?

Aimiel
April 28th, 2015, 07:30 PM
The 'works' of the flesh are:

adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like

This says NOTHING about emotions (pity, compassion, kindness to strangers, etc.) which we use to further ourselves in The Kingdom and bring others to The Love of Christ, which is in Christians. We are to use our emotions and to be human, it is the things we are told are the 'works' of the flesh we are to abstain from, which ALL Christians do. We are to put others ahead of ourselves and it takes compassion to do that which is an emotion The Holy Spirit births in us. Without Him directing our compassion we will use it wrongly and give our affections to the wrong people.

rougueone
April 28th, 2015, 07:52 PM
It is most certainly not an emotion.

Emotions result from actions of the will or some external stimuli.

Love, that is, God's love, agape is a decision of the mind to love.

========EXACTLY, LOVE is a choice first ============

Emotions come into play of course. But always, love is a choice.

OCTOBER23
April 28th, 2015, 07:55 PM
SQUEAKY said,

What ? do you hate your parents?
------------------------------------
Matthew 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy

of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

EPHESIANS 1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)

3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Ktoyou
April 28th, 2015, 08:18 PM

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience,

kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments:

SQUEAKY said,

So, loving Jesus is most important.

Squeaky
April 28th, 2015, 08:36 PM
The 'works' of the flesh are:

adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like

This says NOTHING about emotions (pity, compassion, kindness to strangers, etc.) which we use to further ourselves in The Kingdom and bring others to The Love of Christ, which is in Christians. We are to use our emotions and to be human, it is the things we are told are the 'works' of the flesh we are to abstain from, which ALL Christians do. We are to put others ahead of ourselves and it takes compassion to do that which is an emotion The Holy Spirit births in us. Without Him directing our compassion we will use it wrongly and give our affections to the wrong people.

I said
Them are not emotions. Pity, compassion, kindness are affections.
the works of the flesh are emotions.

AFFECTIONS (CALM DELIGHT JOY,SHAME,WEEPING,Pity ADORN OR SADNESS AND COMPASSION) (NO DESIRE OR NEED)
(FROM YOUR SOUL, YOUR INNER MAN)
Phil 2:1-2
1 Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy,
2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Col 3:12-14
12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;
13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.
14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
Phile 1:7
7 For we have great joy and consolation in your love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed by you, brother.
2 Cor 6:12
12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own passions.
1Thes 2:4-8
4 But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.
5 For neither at any time did we use flattering words, as you know, nor a cloak for covetousness-- God is witness.
6 Nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, when we might have made demands as apostles of Christ.
7 But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children.
8 So, affectionately longing for you, we were well pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God, but also our own lives, because you had become dear to us.
Rom 12:10-13
10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;
13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
Col 3:5
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
Phil 1:2-8
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,
5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now,
6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
7 just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace.
8 For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.
John 11:35
35 Jesus wept.
Luke 19:41
41 Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it,
Rom 12:15
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
John 20:11
11 But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb.
Mark 14:72
72 And a second time the rooster crowed. Then Peter called to mind the word that Jesus had said to him, "Before the rooster crows twice, you will deny Me three times." And when he thought about it, he wept.
2 Tim 1:1-5
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,
2 To Timothy, a beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
3 I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did, as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day,
4 greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy,
5 when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also.
(NKJ)
xxx You have an inner man, and an outer person. Your inner man is your spirit and soul. Your spirit is the mind of your inner man and your soul is the body of your inner man. Affections come from your soul. Your outer person is where all other spirits dwell. Your guardian angel, the devil, your emotions(unclean spirits) and even the Holy Spirit. When you think your inner man is listening to everybody elses opinions inside yourself. And your inner man makes a choice of which one to follow.

Squeaky
April 28th, 2015, 08:37 PM
SQUEAKY said,

I said

Luke 14:26-27
26 "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.
27 "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
(NKJ)

Squeaky
April 28th, 2015, 08:38 PM

I said
And we must prove it.

OCTOBER23
April 28th, 2015, 08:44 PM
KTOYOU,

FATHER FIRST ,

JESUS SECOND

family 2nd

Squeaky
April 28th, 2015, 08:54 PM
KTOYOU,

FATHER FIRST ,

JESUS SECOND

family 2nd

I said
Your right.

rougueone
April 28th, 2015, 09:11 PM

Yes, Jesus takes precedence over everything and all things. Jesus, Family, Fellowship are the Scriptural priorities.

rougueone
April 28th, 2015, 09:23 PM
What If YOU Accepted Your Emotions?

Very good insight. Emotions can and have led a large number of people into trouble. I am not discounting emotions though. There are good emotions, love can emit good emotions. I have often wept while conversing and or praising Holy Jesus. I have been angry. And hurt. love can and does stir emotions. Compassion, humor, Et... But we have to keep our emotions finely tuned to the obedience of God.

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
. 2 Corin. 10:4

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Phil. 4:6-7

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, ...

These are a result of " EMOTIONS". And they start in the mind....bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ[/B]. Thus the reason we are to " think" take captive very thought, so we do not react in a way that can be sin. " thinking ahead to the obediance of Jesus. Are we going to love the person who hurt us? Will I let jealously get me in trouble? ET....
gallations 5:16

God's Truth
April 28th, 2015, 09:29 PM
KTOYOU,

FATHER FIRST ,

JESUS SECOND

family 2nd

The Bible says honor the Son as they honor the Father.

John 5:23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father.

rougueone
April 28th, 2015, 09:48 PM
I said

Luke 14:26-27
26 "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.
27 "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
(NKJ)

A metaphor. Luke14:26-27, goes hand in hand with....

2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise

3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth

IE: Jesus first. remember the first Apostles left their families for Jesus.

Squeaky
April 29th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Very good insight. Emotions can and have led a large number of people into trouble. I am not discounting emotions though. There are good emotions, love can emit good emotions. I have often wept while conversing and or praising Holy Jesus. I have been angry. And hurt. love can and does stir emotions. Compassion, humor, Et... But we have to keep our emotions finely tuned to the obedience of God.

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
. 2 Corin. 10:4

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Phil. 4:6-7

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, ...

gallations 5:16

I said
Go back and read the revelation on affections. It appears you don't know the difference between emotions and affections.

rougueone
April 29th, 2015, 11:00 AM
I said
Go back and read the revelation on affections. It appears you don't know the difference between emotions and affections.

Emotions trigger affection.
A positive emotion leads to a positive affection....For example, caring for somebody that is sick requires an effort and it is a way of providing affection.

Affection is something that flows among people, something that one gives and one receives. Based on emotions.

And bad emotions can lead to bad affections. Strife, anger, jealousy, ET....

Such as humor. Good emotions. Which leads to laughter as our emotions ignited our affection.

Hope this helps.

Squeaky
April 29th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Emotions trigger affection.
A positive emotion leads to a positive affection....For example, caring for somebody that is sick requires an effort and it is a way of providing affection.

Affection is something that flows among people, something that one gives and one receives. Based on emotions.

And bad emotions can lead to bad affections. Strife, anger, jealousy, ET....

Such as humor. Good emotions. Which leads to laughter as our emotions ignited our affection.

Hope this helps.

I said
Your a little backwards. Your inner man is your spirit and soul. And that is inside your outer man. Your spirit is the mind of your inner man. Your soul is the body of your inner man. Your affections come from your soul. Your emotions are unclean spirits that abide in your outer person.

Ps82
April 29th, 2015, 01:51 PM
I said
Passion is an emotion. Affections are different. Emotions push us to an action. Affections don't. If someone is emotional they cant hear the Holy Spirit.

(NKJ)

I agree that emotions get in the way of hearing the Holy Spirit, but it is not the only thing ... there are many things in this world that can get in the way.

Nice to find you still around on TOL. I haven't been visiting for a long time.

God's Truth
April 29th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Love is an emotion. It is a feeling. Fear is an emotion, and it is a feeling. Anyone who keeps arguing against this fact is unstable in their thinking.

Squeaky
April 29th, 2015, 03:10 PM
I agree that emotions get in the way of hearing the Holy Spirit, but it is not the only thing ... there are many things in this world that can get in the way.

Nice to find you still around on TOL. I haven't been visiting for a long time.

I said
Its nice to see you to. I hope you have been blessed. There are some on here that still try to justify emotions.

Squeaky
April 29th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Love is an emotion. It is a feeling. Fear is an emotion, and it is a feeling. Anyone who keeps arguing against this fact is unstable in their thinking.

I said
sorry but your still wrong.

Up is emotions, Love isn't in that group. Love is in the group of the Holy Spirit and crucifying the emotions.

(NKJ)

Aimiel
April 29th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Squeaky is WRONG, but is also not only too proud to admit it, he also holds onto MANY other errors of understanding not just regarding Scripture but also common understanding of the English language. He's so stubborn, I believe he must be part mule.

Squeaky
April 29th, 2015, 06:02 PM
Squeaky is WRONG, but is also not only too proud to admit it, he also holds onto MANY other errors of understanding not just regarding Scripture but also common understanding of the English language. He's so stubborn, I believe he must be part mule.

I said
ROFLOL I'm the one with the Word of God abiding in me. I'm the one with the revelations of Jesus Christ.

YOUR NOT.

meshak
April 29th, 2015, 06:27 PM

And Jesus says "if you love Me, keep my commands".

rougueone
April 29th, 2015, 06:32 PM
I said
Your a little backwards. Your inner man is your spirit and soul. And that is inside your outer man. Your spirit is the mind of your inner man. Your soul is the body of your inner man. Your affections come from your soul. Your emotions are unclean spirits that abide in your outer person.
So when I am so overwhelmed by Holy Spirit either in conversation or worship and I weep, this is according to you, " unclean spirits . ".

meshak
April 29th, 2015, 06:35 PM
So when I am so overwhelmed by Holy Spirit either in conversation or worship and I weep, this is according to you, " unclean spirits . ".

Your yellow printing is hard to read. It hurts my eyes.

Would you be kind to change to something easy to read?

thanks.

Squeaky
April 29th, 2015, 07:01 PM
And Jesus says "if you love Me, keep my commands".

I said
And that would be a doer of the Word, and not just a hearer.

James 1:21-24
21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
(NKJ)

Squeaky
April 29th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Your yellow printing is hard to read. It hurts my eyes.

Would you be kind to change to something easy to read?

thanks.

I said
I couldn't read it either.

oatmeal
April 29th, 2015, 08:43 PM
I said
Your right I agree. Suffering wrongfully but doing it willingly is what love is.

(NKJ)

yet, with mutual love as within the body of Christ, that love is healing, uplifting, edifying, joyful and fulfilling.

oatmeal
April 29th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Love is an emotion.

Can you control your emotions?

Do you choose to be happy or sad or in grief or elated?

What initiates your emotions?

If you did something kind to someone, would that make you and the recipient feel good?

Or did you and the recipient feel good and then you did something kind for him?

If someone insults you, do that make you feel bad or sad or angry?

Or do you first feel bad or sad or angry then someone insults you?

What came first?

The action or the emotion?

Squeaky
April 29th, 2015, 08:53 PM
yet, with mutual love as within the body of Christ, that love is healing, uplifting, edifying, joyful and fulfilling.

I said
Agreed.

God's Truth
April 29th, 2015, 10:46 PM

If you did something kind to someone, would that make you and the recipient feel good?

What came first?

Love is an emotion. It is a feeling. Fear is an emotion too, and it too is a feeling.

God's Truth
April 29th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Love is a emotion and a action, but you don't have to emotionally love someone who is slapping your cheek, but you forgive him in your heart.

Love is to choose to do right instead of wrong. Love always has the best intentions for someone.

Love does no harm.

Squeaky
April 30th, 2015, 03:44 AM
Love is a emotion and a action, but you don't have to emotionally love someone who is slapping your cheek, but you forgive him in your heart.

Love is to choose to do right instead of wrong. Love always has the best intentions for someone.

I said
No it isn't. Love is an action. The action of suffering wrongfully but doing it willingly. without suffering wrongfully there is no love.

(NKJ)

oatmeal
April 30th, 2015, 04:34 AM
Love is an emotion. It is a feeling. Fear is an emotion too, and it too is a feeling.

Love is a verb. Being a verb it connotes action.

John 3:16.

God so loved the world that he

a. got emotional

b. emoted

c. felt sorry for himself

d. gave.

Love is giving of one self to another.

People who do not have love in their life are self centered and selfish.

People who give of themselves have love in their lives.

I Corinthians 13:4-8a

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth:

Where is the emotion in the above passage?

The closest thing to emotion is rejoicing, but that is a choice to do, not a unsolicited emotion.

All of them are actions of the will based on choosing to think those things and choosing to do them

Squeaky
April 30th, 2015, 06:54 AM

a. got emotional

b. emoted

d. gave.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth:

The closest thing to emotion is rejoicing, but that is a choice to do, not a unsolicited emotion.

All of them are actions of the will based on choosing to think those things and choosing to do them

I said
Rejoice is an affection.

shagster01
April 30th, 2015, 07:39 AM

Yes.

Your reaction to a situation

Both, usually. I'm not typically my most loving when I'm feeling bad.

Could be either, depending.

What came first?

Sometimes one, sometimes the other.

But let me ask you, why do dogs love their masters? Because of the security, sense of belonging, and happiness being around the master brings? I think so.

Squeaky
April 30th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Yes.

But let me ask you, why do dogs love their masters? Because of the security, sense of belonging, and happiness being around the master brings? I think so.

I said
That looks like an oxymoron. You say its your choice to feel good or bad. Then you claim its different when you feel good or bad.

God's Truth
April 30th, 2015, 09:08 AM

a. got emotional

b. emoted

d. gave.

8 Charity never faileth:

Love is an emotion. It is a feeling.
You have not proven otherwise. You can never prove otherwise.

God's Truth
April 30th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Yes.

Good points explaining that love is an emotion and a feeling.

Squeaky
April 30th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Love is an emotion. It is a feeling.
You have not proven otherwise. You can never prove otherwise.

I said
Well the Lord has proven it. By getting on the cross willingly.
some people are very scared like you. Because if their wrong everything they have stood up for is a lie. And they cant believe they lied. Now the purpose of the commandments is love. But if you don't know what love is, then you have all the rest of the commandments wrong.

(NKJ)

serpentdove
April 30th, 2015, 10:12 AM
What If Love Is NOT An Emotion "Love is an emotion that leads to action." ~ Darrell Ferguson Mt 22:39, 1 Co 13:8

As a reminder Squeaky is number on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86620) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

Squeaky
April 30th, 2015, 11:25 AM
"Love is an emotion that leads to action." ~ Darrell Ferguson Mt 22:39, 1 Co 13:8

As a reminder Squeaky is number one Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86620) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

I said
Darrell Ferguson is an idiot.

God's Truth
April 30th, 2015, 04:52 PM
I said
Well the Lord has proven it. By getting on the cross willingly.
some people are very scared like you. Because if their wrong everything they have stood up for is a lie. And they cant believe they lied. Now the purpose of the commandments is love. But if you don't know what love is, then you have all the rest of the commandments wrong.

(NKJ)

You have it wrong, and you are scared that it means you were never saved. What matters is that when you hear the truth you admit it and do not deny it.

Squeaky
April 30th, 2015, 05:47 PM
You have it wrong, and you are scared that it means you were never saved. What matters is that when you hear the truth you admit it and do not deny it.

I said
ROFLOL Are you kidding me. You think I'm scared. If you discern the bible the way you discern me your in big trouble.

God's Truth
April 30th, 2015, 05:59 PM
I said
ROFLOL Are you kidding me. You think I'm scared. If you discern the bible the way you discern me your in big trouble.

I am just trying to help you.

Squeaky
April 30th, 2015, 06:02 PM
I am just trying to help you.

I said
You and Aimiel should get together and read the bible.

Phil 2:12-14
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
14 Do all things without complaining and disputing,
(NKJ)

Matt 7:3-5
3 "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?
4 "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye?
5 "Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.
(NKJ)

God's Truth
April 30th, 2015, 06:10 PM
I said
You and Aimiel should get together and read the bible.

Love is an emotion and a feeling.

There is no scripture that says what you say.

Squeaky
April 30th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Love is an emotion and a feeling.

There is no scripture that says what you say.

I said
lol Read post number 6 its a whole revelation on it.

Squeaky
April 30th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Here are examples
CHRIST WAS OUR EXAMPLE OF SUFFERING (LOVE)
John 8:29
29 "And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him."
1 Pet 2:21-22
II Th 2:9-11
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
Heb 12:3
3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.
Heb 12:2
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Phil 3:17
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
1 Tim 4:12-13
12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
13 Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
James 5:10
10 My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience.
Heb 5:8-9
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,
Heb 4:15
15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
1 Pet 4:1
1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
2 Cor 4:8-10
8 We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed--
10 always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
Phil 3:12-17
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
Heb 2:9-11
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.
10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,
(NKJ)
CHRIST WAS TEMPTED
Matt 4:1
1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
Mark 1:13
13 And He was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan, and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered to Him.
1 Cor 10:13
13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
Gal 6:1-2
1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Heb 2:18
18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.
James 1:13-16
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.
(NKJ)

Squeaky
July 13th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Well I have showed you all over and over. But I cant make you read it.

Squeaky
July 13th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Love is an action, that is done by choice.

Squeaky
August 9th, 2015, 04:05 PM
bump

aikido7
August 9th, 2015, 04:20 PM
I think love is not an emotion.

Many other qualities work the same way--such as "belief."

It is not an emotion, in my opinion. It is a quality that naturally elicits emotions but it is not a mere emotion as I see it.

aikido7
August 9th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Love is an action, that is done by choice.I like your definition.

Squeaky
August 9th, 2015, 05:16 PM
I think love is not an emotion.

Many other qualities work the same way--such as "belief."

It is not an emotion, in my opinion. It is a quality that naturally elicits emotions but it is not a mere emotion as I see it.

I said
I would say that belief is what guides us. Believe right or wrong believing it is what guides us.

Squeaky
August 12th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Here is all your emotions. And they are working against the Holy Spirit.

Gal 5:16-21
(NKJ)

Rom 13:9
9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
(NKJ)

Squeaky
August 28th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Bump

God's Truth
August 28th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Love is an emotion and an action.

Squeaky
August 28th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Love is an emotion and an action.

I said
Emotions are unclean spirits.

God's Truth
August 28th, 2015, 03:03 PM
I said
Emotions are unclean spirits.

God is love and love is an emotion, it is a feeling.

Squeaky
August 28th, 2015, 03:12 PM
God is love and love is an emotion, it is a feeling.

I said
God is love and love is not an emotion. You really need to get a grip on your emotions.

patrick jane
August 28th, 2015, 03:14 PM
what's love got to do, got to do with it ? what's love but a second hand emotion ?

Tina Turner -

Squeaky
August 28th, 2015, 03:18 PM
what's love got to do, got to do with it ? what's love but a second hand emotion ?

Tina Turner -

I said
The last person I would ever turn to for advice about God would be Tina Turner.

God's Truth
August 28th, 2015, 03:36 PM
I said
God is love and love is not an emotion. You really need to get a grip on your emotions.

You are in a bad way.

Squeaky
August 28th, 2015, 03:39 PM
You are in a bad way.

I said
Well I do see things you cant. And I have a personal relationship with Jesus through His revelations.

Ktoyou
August 28th, 2015, 04:02 PM
KTOYOU,

FATHER FIRST ,

JESUS SECOND

family 2nd

nuts :chew:

Squeaky
August 28th, 2015, 05:05 PM
nuts :chew:

I said
ROFLOL And where is that written in scripture.

1Mind1Spirit
August 28th, 2015, 05:30 PM
I said
The last person I would ever turn to for advice about God would be Tina Turner.

Yer ear needs work, Squeak.

Psalm 27:13 KJV

13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

oGpFcHTxjZs

Listen with the ears of yer new man.

Romans 10:8 KJV

8 But what saith it ? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is , the word of faith, which we preach ;

Squeaky
August 28th, 2015, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE=1Mind1Spirit;4430697]Yer ear needs work, Squeak.

I said
Well to each his own.

oatmeal
August 28th, 2015, 05:35 PM
The love that God speaks most predominantly is agape.

Agape is not an emotion. it is an action because of the decision of the mind to love. Love is an action we can do in our minds and in what we do.

We are commanded to love.

We are not commanded to have gooshy, gushy emotions, we are commanded to love.

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 John 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

This love of God is a decision based on God's commandment to us to love one another.

Squeaky
August 28th, 2015, 05:53 PM
The love that God speaks most predominantly is agape.

Agape is not an emotion. it is an action because of the decision of the mind to love. Love is an action we can do in our minds and in what we do.

We are commanded to love.

We are not commanded to have gooshy, gushy emotions, we are commanded to love.

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 John 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

This love of God is a decision based on God's commandment to us to love one another.

I said
Your right love is a choice that we make. Not a overwhelming emotions that we cant control.

God's Truth
August 28th, 2015, 08:28 PM
I said
Well I do see things you cant. And I have a personal relationship with Jesus through His revelations.

Jesus would not ever say what you accuse him of saying.

Squeaky
August 28th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Jesus would not ever say what you accuse him of saying.

I said
I think we found the problem. You don't know the Jesus of the bible.

God's Truth
August 28th, 2015, 08:40 PM
I said
I think we found the problem. You don't know the Jesus of the bible.

Jesus Christ himself saved me.

You are speaking evil about me.

You are speaking evil about God!

Squeaky
August 28th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Jesus Christ himself saved me.

You are speaking evil about me.

You are speaking evil about God!

I said
I think your name there has gone to your head. Your not only not God but you don't have God's Truth. Here is God's Truth the quoted Word.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

God's Truth
August 28th, 2015, 08:54 PM
I said
I think your name there has gone to your head. Your not only not God but you don't have God's Truth. Here is God's Truth the quoted Word.

My name has gone to my head, and my heart, and in every cell of my body.

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 05:46 AM
My name has gone to my head, and my heart, and in every cell of my body.

I said
Well here is the delusion. God's Truth is the quoted Word of God. And you don't quote the Word of God. You just complain carnally like any misguided deceived person.

John 17:17-19
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
(NKJ)

meshak
August 29th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Hey Squeaky,

You have tons of verses revealing. Did you memorize all of them?

It seems you memorized all NT verses.

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Hey Squeaky,

I said
No I didn't. What I done was when I read them I believed them. And turned them over to the Holy Spirit. He decides which verse to give me. Personally I have a lousy memory. When I read a verse I look inside myself and if there is any thing in me contrary to the verse I purge it out of me.

j4jesus09
August 29th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Well I can say one thing, there is no discernment in alot of these threads. When you make your point let's move on. I can see what squeaky is saying and GT. I can agree after reading and praying on what Squeaky is saying about love. What I think I feel when being loved is JOY which believe is what squeaky said you can feel.So GT you are feeling something but it's not the feeling of specifically love but JOY of being loved or to love. I think that's the point. Okay everyone have a blessed day!

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 08:47 AM
Well I can say one thing, there is no discernment in alot of these threads. When you make your point let's move on. I can see what squeaky is saying and GT. I can agree after reading and praying on what Squeaky is saying about love. What I think I feel when being loved is JOY which believe is what squeaky said you can feel.So GT you are feeling something but it's not the feeling of specifically love but JOY of being loved or to love. I think that's the point. Okay everyone have a blessed day!

I said
Well what do you know. Someone is really getting it. Very good. Your right.

j4jesus09
August 29th, 2015, 08:50 AM
I said
Well what do you know. Someone is really getting it. Very good. Your right.

Hey whatever I can do to bring peace, I'm with that! I want to be right about what I believe but I can accept I can be wrong. My heart is with God. At least I'm sure of that even if no else does. :)

patrick jane
August 29th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Hey Squeaky,

no he doesn't. he simply posts scripture c/p :Patrol:

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 09:05 AM
no he doesn't. he simply posts scripture c/p :Patrol:

I said
Why do I post scripture? To demonstrate the support of the Holy Spirit before I open my mouth. Unlike a lot of others. If you say something without any verses it is no more than your own opinion. And we know them are useless-spiritually. Or don't you know that yet.

16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

lol Do you think your own opinion is worth anything spiritually?

Kdall
August 29th, 2015, 09:07 AM
What If Love Is NOT An Emotion?

What if it is?

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 09:27 AM
What if it is?

I said
According to God it is not. But when most find this out they go a little nuts. I was trying to be gentle.

God's Truth
August 29th, 2015, 10:49 AM
I said
Well here is the delusion. God's Truth is the quoted Word of God. And you don't quote the Word of God. You just complain carnally like any misguided deceived person.

I do no such thing. You do what your father does and that is accuse the brethren.

God's Truth
August 29th, 2015, 10:52 AM

You are wrong. Squeaky plainly said that the feeling of love is LUST.

Don't comprise God's Truth.

Squeaky is blaspheming in the worst way.

patrick jane
August 29th, 2015, 11:08 AM
I said
Why do I post scripture? To demonstrate the support of the Holy Spirit before I open my mouth. Unlike a lot of others. If you say something without any verses it is no more than your own opinion. And we know them are useless-spiritually. Or don't you know that yet.

(NKJ)

lol Do you think your own opinion is worth anything spiritually?

lol, yes. lol

lol lol lol lol. wait i'm still lol'ing

i meant you don't have the whole NT memorized, like meshak pondered and said. you may not have you SS# memorized. lol.lol.lol lol lol

ur so squeeky yo get the oil. you think you are a priest, reverend, minister, preacher/teacher ? lol

how many folks can you name, even in your personal life, that agree with your teachings ? lol

meshak
August 29th, 2015, 11:43 AM
I said
No I didn't. What I done was when I read them I believed them. And turned them over to the Holy Spirit. He decides which verse to give me. Personally I have a lousy memory. When I read a verse I look inside myself and if there is any thing in me contrary to the verse I purge it out of me.

Ok thanks.

It is impressive you organized the verses so well.

that is a lot of work.

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Ok thanks.

It is impressive you organized the verses so well.

that is a lot of work.

I said
I don't do that. The Holy Spirit does that. I don't have to do nothing except listen.

meshak
August 29th, 2015, 12:29 PM
I said
I don't do that. The Holy Spirit does that. I don't have to do nothing except listen.

then you have memorized them all.

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 12:29 PM

I said
Aren't you through ranting yet?

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 12:30 PM
lol, yes. lol

lol lol lol lol. wait i'm still lol'ing

i meant you don't have the whole NT memorized, like meshak pondered and said. you may not have you SS# memorized. lol.lol.lol lol lol

ur so squeeky yo get the oil. you think you are a priest, reverend, minister, preacher/teacher ? lol

how many folks can you name, even in your personal life, that agree with your teachings ? lol

I said
lol Is everyone getting all emotional on me now?

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 12:31 PM
then you have memorized them all.

I said
No I didn't. I just believed them, and turned them over to the Holy Spirit.

meshak
August 29th, 2015, 12:32 PM
I said
lol Is everyone getting all emotional on me now?

not me:)

meshak
August 29th, 2015, 12:32 PM
I said
No I didn't. I just believed them, and turned them over to the Holy Spirit.

I will not fight over it.

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 12:44 PM
I will not fight over it.

I said
Who's fighting? When I got into the bible I started out with one belief. I had to believe what ever was written. So I would read a verse and say to myself "I believe it". Then if anything come up in me contrary to believing it. I would fight to purge that out of me.
Then after a few years. All them verses started to come together and teach me. That was the Holy Spirit bringing them together. But I had to first prove I was a believer. Second prove I would submit to Him.

meshak
August 29th, 2015, 12:55 PM
I said
Who's fighting? When I got into the bible I started out with one belief. I had to believe what ever was written. So I would read a verse and say to myself "I believe it". Then if anything come up in me contrary to believing it. I would fight to purge that out of me.
Then after a few years. All them verses started to come together and teach me. That was the Holy Spirit bringing them together. But I had to first prove I was a believer. Second prove I would submit to Him.

I cannot memorize all the verses but I understand what Jesus teaches and His principles. I trust people's quotes if they harmonize with Jesus' principle.

And your claims harmonize with Jesus' basic principles. That's why I trust your claims.

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 01:02 PM
I cannot memorize all the verses but I understand what Jesus teaches and His principles. I trust people's quotes if they harmonize with Jesus' principle.

And your claims harmonize with Jesus' basic principles. That's why I trust your claims.

I said
The problem with memorizing the scriptures is they go in the way you want them. Not necessarily the way the Holy Spirit would use them. Memorizing is one of mans tricks to looking smart about the bible.

meshak
August 29th, 2015, 01:05 PM
I said
The problem with memorizing the scriptures is they go in the way you want them. Not necessarily the way the Holy Spirit would use them. Memorizing is one of mans tricks to looking smart about the bible.

Memorization is good if they understand what Jesus is all about, or they cannot use the verses they memorized correctly, they will use it for their own desires or agendas..

God's Truth
August 29th, 2015, 01:10 PM
I said
Aren't you through ranting yet?

Your judgments are false.

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Your judgments are false.

I said
You trying to push your beliefs on me. with your own opinion. That is not the Christian way.

(NKJ)

Desert Reign
August 29th, 2015, 01:56 PM
What is love?

a. got emotional

You missed: d. wrote a chart-topping song about love that inspired a generation of teenagers to have sex before marriage.

God's Truth
August 29th, 2015, 02:46 PM
I said
You trying to push your beliefs on me. with your own opinion. That is not the Christian way.

That is what you are doing.

God's Truth
August 29th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Squeaky gives his own false ideas about feelings and emotions. He says they are evil. He goes against God and says that feeling the love of God is really lust.

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Squeaky gives his own false ideas about feelings and emotions. He says they are evil. He goes against God and says that feeling the love of God is really lust.

I said
Are you going to keep lying about being a woman?

God's Truth
August 29th, 2015, 03:03 PM
I said
Are you going to keep lying about being a woman?

I don't lie. I have not said I was a man or a woman.

You are an accuser and you are ensnared by the devil.

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 03:05 PM
I don't lie. I have not said I was a man or a woman.

You are an accuser and you are ensnared by the devil.

I said
No you are ensnared by the devil. Because you cant be honest about it.

God's Truth
August 29th, 2015, 03:06 PM
I said
No you are ensnared by the devil. Because you cant be honest about it.

You can never tell God you did not hear the truth.

I tried to help you.

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 03:07 PM

I tried to help you.

I said
You cant tell the truth. You don't know the truth.

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 03:21 PM

I tried to help you.

I said
You cant be of God because you lie to the brethren.

Col 3:9
9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,
(NKJ)

I Jn 2:21
21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
(NKJ)

God's Truth
August 29th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Love is not evil in any way.

God is love.

It is not evil to feel love.

Only the devil would be behind Squeaky speaking such blasphemy.

Squeaky
August 29th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Love is not evil in any way.

God is love.

It is not evil to feel love.

Only the devil would be behind Squeaky speaking such blasphemy.

I said
Are you going to tell the truth or not. Are you a woman?

j4jesus09
August 31st, 2015, 11:44 AM

I don't agree with that direct statement that the feeling of love is lust as we are trying to determine what does one feel when they feel loved. I think the question should be asked what are you feeling and when you feel loved. What does love feel like is a good question according to your experience?

God's Truth
August 31st, 2015, 11:52 AM
I don't agree with that direct statement that the feeling of love is lust as we are trying to determine what does one feel when they feel loved. I think the question should be asked what are you feeling and when you feel loved. What does love feel like is a good question according to your experience?

Squeaky said that feeling of love is lust and that it is evil and demonic.

He thinks you are agreeing with him.

j4jesus09
August 31st, 2015, 12:48 PM
Squeaky said that feeling of love is lust and that it is evil and demonic.

He thinks you are agreeing with him.

What is the feeling of love though?

oatmeal
August 31st, 2015, 02:18 PM
You missed: d. wrote a chart-topping song about love that inspired a generation of teenagers to have sex before marriage.

Yes, sorry for the omission.

God's Truth
August 31st, 2015, 02:33 PM
What is the feeling of love though?

You don't know?

j4jesus09
August 31st, 2015, 03:51 PM
You don't know?

Do you?

God's Truth
August 31st, 2015, 05:23 PM
Do you?

Of course, I do know. The feeling of love is the feeling of love. Do you really need it explained any further?

j4jesus09
August 31st, 2015, 11:50 PM
Of course, I do know. The feeling of love is the feeling of love. Do you really need it explained any further?

Yes.

God's Truth
September 1st, 2015, 08:36 AM
Yes.

Then you must not feel love.

God's Truth
September 1st, 2015, 08:42 AM
Love as described by the bible means to do no harm to your neighbor. But Jesus also tells us to take it a step further, if someone asks us to go a mile we should go two.

Love can also be described as romanticism or a deep pleasure in something (which can be evil) Sort of how lust isn't necessarily bad unless you lust after evil things. It's just a word but it's good to understand it instead of assume

You are wrong.

There is nothing ever evil about love.

j4jesus09
September 1st, 2015, 09:32 AM
Then you must not feel love. What I feel may be different than what you feel. How else would we know what we feel if we didn't discuss it? I asked you how does love feel? Why are you avoiding it? If you don't want to answer it then I will have to accept that otherwise you seem to be dodging the question.

God's Truth
September 1st, 2015, 01:40 PM
What I feel may be different than what you feel. How else would we know what we feel if we didn't discuss it? I asked you how does love feel? Why are you avoiding it? If you don't want to answer it then I will have to accept that otherwise you seem to be dodging the question.

I am dodging nothing.

Love is love and it feels like love.

j4jesus09
September 1st, 2015, 03:43 PM
I am dodging nothing.

Love is love and it feels like love.

ok well indescribable i guess is your answer. lol, because that's not a description of what it feels like.

God's Truth
September 1st, 2015, 06:16 PM
ok well indescribable i guess is your answer. lol, because that's not a description of what it feels like.

Why don't you accept that love feels like love?

Can you describe joy?

Would you describe joy as love?

You are going against me for saying love feels like love.

j4jesus09
September 2nd, 2015, 09:26 AM
Why don't you accept that love feels like love?

Can you describe joy?

Would you describe joy as love?

You are going against me for saying love feels like love.

Morning, to start, do not say that I'm going against you for it's not true about me. We may not agree on everything. That's okay. We are all growing daily. This subject is not truly a major concern GT as long as you and I are striving to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind. Overall, the major point being made is you may not feel like loving someone but God says love your enemies. So we know from that alone love is not about a feeling. The point being made is love does, is about action or an overall mindset. Feelings of receiving or giving love feel good. What exactly we are feeling we don't know for sure. Just as joy is not describeable in specific detail we know it feels good though. So feeling good is what we feel ultimately whether it's love or what not. No one knows specifically what the feeling of love is. Good is what we feel!

God's Truth
September 2nd, 2015, 09:39 AM
Morning, to start, do not say that I'm going against you for it's not true about me. We may not agree on everything. That's okay. We are all growing daily. This subject is not truly a major concern GT as long as you and I are striving to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind. Overall, the major point being made is you may not feel like loving someone but God says love your enemies. So we know from that alone love is not about a feeling. The point being made is love does, is about action or an overall mindset. Feelings of receiving or giving love feel good. What exactly we are feeling we don't know for sure. Just as joy is not describeable in specific detail we know it feels good though. So feeling good is what we feel ultimately whether it's love or what not. No one knows specifically what the feeling of love is. Good is what we feel!

You are going against me. As for you saying love is not a feeling, you are badly mistaken.

j4jesus09
September 2nd, 2015, 12:13 PM
You are going against me. As for you saying love is not a feeling, you are badly mistaken.

I'm not going against you.Whether we agree or disagree I want God's best for you!! I may think blue is a better color than what you think is a better color. That does not mean I'm going against you but it does say I'm think I'm right about what I'm saying until convinced otherwise. Don't be in your "feelings". :) Show me a scripture that states love is a feeling? You say love is a feeling show me a scripture that backs up your statement. Thank you.

God's Truth
September 2nd, 2015, 11:10 PM
I'm not going against you.Whether we agree or disagree I want God's best for you!! I may think blue is a better color than what you think is a better color. That does not mean I'm going against you but it does say I'm think I'm right about what I'm saying until convinced otherwise. Don't be in your "feelings". :) Show me a scripture that states love is a feeling? You say love is a feeling show me a scripture that backs up your statement. Thank you.

You are going against me, and don't tell me not to be in my feelings. Jesus says to be like minded. If God said blue is a better color than it is and there would be no other better color.

So then, you do not believe that love is a feeling, and an emotion; yet that is what all the dictionaries for every language say it is.

Maybe this will help convince you, read about what Paul says love is and what it is not.

Now read how Paul says if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

If love were not a feeling and only an action, then Paul would not say what he says.

j4jesus09
September 3rd, 2015, 09:52 AM
You are going against me, and don't tell me not to be in my feelings. Jesus says to be like minded. If God said blue is a better color than it is and there would be no other better color.

So then, you do not believe that love is a feeling, and an emotion; yet that is what all the dictionaries for every language say it is.

Maybe this will help convince you, read about what Paul says love is and what it is not.

Now read how Paul says if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

If love were not a feeling and only an action, then Paul would not say what he says.

God never said love is a feeling GT, you did. That's okay though. We do feel something. I'm cool with that. Just have to be careful with feelings. I believe when someone loves me it feels good. Yes. If you do these things but don't have love it profits nothing. Why didn't he say if I do all these things but don't FEEL love it profits me nothing? What are you convincing me of here. Love is selfless and cares about the other person. If I do these things without love in my heart why am I doing it? Ask yourself that. If I'm doing for another and it's not out of love, why am I doing it? That's Paul's message here. What is the purpose? To make myself look good to others. That is not love. Love does for others out of sincerity of the heart and mind. Anyhow. It's all good!

God's Truth
September 3rd, 2015, 10:20 AM
God never said love is a feeling GT, you did. That's okay though. We do feel something. I'm cool with that. Just have to be careful with feelings. I believe when someone loves me it feels good. Yes. If you do these things but don't have love it profits nothing.

You are in a state of confusion. Just believe.

Why didn't he say if I do all these things but don't FEEL love it profits me nothing?

Everyone knows that love is a feeling. Read the description of love from any dictionary in any language of the world.

What are you convincing me of here. Love is selfless and cares about the other person. If I do these things without love in my heart why am I doing it? Ask yourself that. If I'm doing for another and it's not out of love, why am I doing it? That's Paul's message here. What is the purpose? To make myself look good to others. That is not love. Love does for others out of sincerity of the heart and mind. Anyhow. It's all good!

Think about it some more, for with the measure you use it will be measured to you and more.

j4jesus09
September 3rd, 2015, 11:18 AM
You are in a state of confusion. Just believe.

Everyone knows that love is a feeling. Read the description of love from any dictionary in any language of the world.

Think about it some more, for with the measure you use it will be measured to you and more.

Everyone knows that love is a feeling? Really everyone? Maybe you should think before you speak. Read the description of love from a dictionary in any language of the world? No thanks. The "world" can't tell me about love. Their view of love is distorted anyways. I will stick with the bible and 1st cor 13 for my definition. You should too!

God's Truth
September 3rd, 2015, 11:23 AM
Everyone knows that love is a feeling? Really everyone? Maybe you should think before you speak. Read the description of love from a dictionary in any language of the world? No thanks. The "world" can't tell me about love. Their view of love is distorted anyways. I will stick with the bible and 1st cor 13 for my definition. You should too!

The New Testament was written in Greek, and translated to English. lol

Love is the word used in both languages and it is a feeling, an emotion.

j4jesus09
September 3rd, 2015, 11:30 AM
The New Testament was written in Greek, and translated to English. lol

Love is the word used in both languages and it is a feeling, an emotion.

Not speaking about the word love my dear, but the definition of love. Pretty sure most dictionaries are not pulling 1st Cor 13. What you think? Anyhow GT, "I love you" and I'm not speaking from feelings or emotions. Just a sound mind! I love you and you keep striving in God and the Lord Jesus Christ as I will do the same. Amen.

God's Truth
September 3rd, 2015, 11:54 AM
Not speaking about the word love my dear, but the definition of love. Pretty sure most dictionaries are not pulling 1st Cor 13. What you think? Anyhow GT, "I love you" and I'm not speaking from feelings or emotions. Just a sound mind! I love you and you keep striving in God and the Lord Jesus Christ as I will do the same. Amen.

You are confused and go against God.

Keep searching.

republicanchick
September 3rd, 2015, 05:16 PM
Love is wanting what is objectively speaking best for the "loved one"

most people don't get it (self included, but not in the head, just the heart. My head knows what real love is... but it is not always easy to convince the messed up heart)

____

Ben Masada
September 4th, 2015, 04:19 AM
You won't be able to express what you feel for the one whom you think to be in love with.

Squeaky
September 28th, 2016, 02:31 PM
That is why I posted this. People don't know what love is. Love is not a feeling. It is an action. The action of suffering wrongfully but doing it willingly. Do you think Jesus had any kind of good feeling or warm and fuzzy feeling when He was hanging on the cross??? NO

John 15:12-14
12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

patrick jane
September 28th, 2016, 05:29 PM
https://youtu.be/TCBttS_y7lE

It's a second hand EMOTION !!!

Squeaky
September 28th, 2016, 05:34 PM
ROFLOL Do you really want to take advice from her?