PDA

View Full Version : Judaic Christians and Pagan Christians

CherubRam
April 5th, 2015, 02:55 PM
There are two kinds of Christians in the world, which one are you?

A person is known by what they do.

Are you a Judaic Christian, or are you a Pagan Christian?

CherubRam
April 5th, 2015, 02:57 PM
I wanted to make this thread a poll, but I could not find the tool.

wordsponge
April 5th, 2015, 03:12 PM
A man cannot be a Christian and a Judaizer simultaneously.
Ask the Israeli Government.

Levolor
April 5th, 2015, 03:16 PM
I think Wordsponge is right.

Truster
April 5th, 2015, 03:17 PM

Your sheer ignorance is showing.

Levolor
April 5th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Your sheer ignorance is showing.

Praise God that ignorance is curable!!! Hallelujah!

All those who notice it do have an obligation to teach what is correct, rather than criticize it. We are to help others; not degrade and demean them.

1 Thessalonians 5:11

Truster
April 5th, 2015, 03:38 PM

All those who notice it do have an obligation to teach what is correct, rather than criticize it. We are to help others; not degrade and demean them.

He is religious nutcase and unteachable.

Ignorance as judgement is not curable and it only gets worse. If you feel the need to treat false teachers with kid gloves then you do so, but I shall expose them for what they are.

CherubRam
April 5th, 2015, 03:55 PM
I am a Judaic Christian. That means that I believe that it is a sin to join any form of Paganism to God. Christians who do not give an answer have something to hide, or they are ashamed.

Levolor
April 5th, 2015, 03:55 PM
He is religious nutcase and unteachable.

Ignorance as judgement is not curable and it only gets worse. If you feel the need to treat false teachers with kid gloves then you do so, but I shall expose them for what they are.

Can you do that by teaching them what is correct? Even if they will not accept it, the silent masses reading need to know. Not saying that you are right always either, just saying: teach what is correct in your estimation rather than offer condemning words.

Truster
April 5th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Can you do that by teaching them what is correct? Even if they will not accept it, the silent masses reading need to know. Not saying that you are right always either, just saying: teach what is correct in your estimation rather than offer condemning words.

I do not give that which is holy to dogs.

Look if you have a problem with me or the way I follow and obey the scriptures in dealing with people who are obviously not children of the light. Then take it up with Him who called me, equipped me and sent me.
You have proved that you are subject to emotions rather than that which is spiritual and true. That is your problem and not mine.

CherubRam
April 5th, 2015, 04:10 PM
The Day of the Lord
Isaiah 2:6.
You, Lord, have abandoned your people,
the descendants of Jacob.
They are full of superstitions from the East;
they practice divination like the Philistines
and embrace pagan customs.

Levolor
April 5th, 2015, 04:19 PM

Look if you have a problem with me or the way I follow and obey the scriptures in dealing with people who are obviously not children of the light. Then take it up with Him who called me, equipped me and sent me.
You have proved that you are subject to emotions rather than that which is spiritual and true. That is your problem and not mine.

God is love. Those who love know God. Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.

It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].

It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.

Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].

Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].*

Then take it up with Him who called me, equipped me and sent me.

What makes you think I haven't?

*1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (AMP)

CherubRam
April 5th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Ezekiel 22:26
Her priests do violence to my law and profane my holy things; they do not distinguish between the holy and the common; they teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean; and they shut their eyes to the keeping of my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

Truster
April 5th, 2015, 10:59 PM
God is love. Those who love know God. Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily.

It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].

It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail.

Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening].

Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].*

What makes you think I haven't?

*1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (AMP)

He that saith unto the wicked, Thou are righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him:

But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them.

PS
They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak. Psalm 12:2 KJV

Truster
April 6th, 2015, 12:15 AM

''He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to Yah Veh''. Proverbs 17:15

wordsponge
April 6th, 2015, 05:01 AM
Judaic Christian = Oxymoron.

MannyO
April 6th, 2015, 05:41 AM

Look if you have a problem with me or the way I follow and obey the scriptures in dealing with people who are obviously not children of the light.

Are you yourself a child of the light? It appears you are still in darkness. Don't lie to yourself.

Truster
April 6th, 2015, 05:49 AM
Are you yourself a child of the light? It appears you are still in darkness. Don't lie to yourself.

Said the blind man who had never seen the Light.

MannyO
April 6th, 2015, 06:01 AM
Said the blind man who had never seen the Light.

The conversion you claim to have had, back in 1999 or whenever it was... that conversion was false. You're not at all saved, Truster. It is you who are blind. It is you who need Light.

As for me, I once was blind but it appears that i'm now beginning to see..

Truster
April 6th, 2015, 06:50 AM
The conversion you claim to have had, back in 1999 or whenever it was... that conversion was false. You're not at all saved, Truster. It is you who are blind. It is you who need Light.

As for me, I once was blind but it appears that i'm now beginning to see..

I'm still living in the same place as I was prior to my conversion and I see mostly the same people in town. They are of the opinion that I have the Almighty on my side.
My younger brothers explanation for what happened, to me differing what happened to him, is that my revelation was simply huge and intense compared to his, my mothers and my sisters and everyone else he knows.
I know that is not the case. Its not about quantity its about reality. They all ''gave their heart'' to Jesus and I refused to do so.

Levolor
April 6th, 2015, 08:01 AM
He that saith unto the wicked, Thou are righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him:

But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them.

PS
They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak. Psalm 12:2 KJV

Do you follow Jesus?

Jesus said to love one another. After being told that God is love, you give me the above. This after suggesting that you teach, or speak on, what you consider to be the truth rather than offer condemning words.

The only additional commandment that Christ gave was is to love one another as He did. This requires laying down pride, superiority or any other characteristic within us that prevents us from being kind and having compassion with one another. Kindness and compassion takes great strength. It is so very easy to be unkind... it is, after all, a characteristic of the 'natural unborn-again person'.

Be strong in the Lord. (Ephesians 6:10)

Jesus did not come into the world to condemn it. "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." John 3:17

What brought me into this conversation was your saying to CherubRam: "Your sheer ignorance is showing."

Rather than follow the instructions in 2 Timothy 3:16*, you offered only condemnation. *"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Rebuke, reproof, correction and instruction can be done in an edifying way, Ephesians 4:29, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

2 Peter 3:18

chair
April 6th, 2015, 10:11 AM
The first Christians were Jews. There was tension in the early Church over the role of Judaism in Christianity. All of this took place about 1900 years ago. It is over and done with. Why do folks keep bringing this up?

CherubRam
April 6th, 2015, 10:36 AM
The term Judeo / Judaic-Christian is theologically, philosophically, and historically evident and universally accepted. However, a lot of historians, politicians, and congregations disagree with it.

The term is synonymous with Judaizing. The New Testament Covenant is in fact the replacement of the Old Covenant and priesthood, with Christ as the head of the priesthood. Regardless if a person chooses to accept it, it still remains a fact of life.

Judaic Christians
Typically Judaic Christians do not look for miraculous signs or prophesy in his name, or drive out demons and perform miracles. Most of all, Judaic Christians concern themselves with obeying God's commandments and keeping the testimony of Yahshua, for which is The New Covenant.
Since Messiah's actual birth name is Yahshua in Hebrew and English; that is what I prefer to call him. Modern English spells his name as Joshua. I know what the name Yahshua means, and when it is understood as such in the bible, then you can find scriptural links, such as:

Exodus 23:21.
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.

And

Numbers 13:16.
These are the names of the men Moses sent to explore the land.
(Moses gave Hoshea son of Nun the name Joshua "Yahshua.")

Also:

Psalm 68:4.
Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds his name is (the LORD / Yah) and rejoice before him.
(NIV ref# 3363. Note: Yah is the short form of Yahwah.)

If you or others want to use the name Jesus, then you don't need my permission to do so.

CherubRam
April 6th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Obedience to Yahwah's commandments is an act of devotion that engages the whole person for a righteous lifestyle.

freelight
April 6th, 2015, 07:35 PM

I'd say most Christians are a blend of both since the Christian theology and culture draws from both Judaism and paganism.....and other schools. How much of Judaism draws from earlier pagan influences and cultures who once dominated her people? Christianity then springing from that culture further becomes synthesized with Hellenistic greek metaphysics/philosophy developing its later orthodox doctrines particularly with its terms concerning Christology.

This is to say nothing of the truer forms of Jesus teaching/following within the first few centuries approximating closer to the schools of the Essenes, Nazarienes, Ebionites, followers of the Way and some gnostic sects. Some modern day hebraic-roots groups stick only with sayings of Jesus and reject Paul's apostleship, holding to a more traditional Judaism as Jesus and the original 12 held to....continued under the leadership of James the Just in Jerusalem. After James group disintegrated..... Paul took his gospel to the gentiles...becoming all things to all people, preaching his own gospel differing in some respects from Jesus and his apostles teachings. He continually claims his own apostleship and the exclusivity of his gospel over any other.

pj

CherubRam
April 6th, 2015, 07:52 PM
I'd say most Christians are a blend of both since the Christian theology and culture draws from both Judaism and paganism.....and other schools. How much of Judaism draws from earlier pagan influences and cultures who once dominated her people? Christianity then springing from that culture further becomes synthesized with Hellenistic greek metaphysics/philosophy developing its later orthodox doctrines particularly with its terms concerning Christology.

This is to say nothing of the truer forms of Jesus teaching/following within the first few centuries approximating closer to the schools of the Essenes, Nazarienes, Ebionites, followers of the Way and some gnostic sects. Some modern day hebraic-roots groups stick only with sayings of Jesus and reject Paul's apostleship, holding to a more traditional Judaism as Jesus and the original 12 held to....continued under the leadership of James the Just in Jerusalem. After James group disintegrated..... Paul took his gospel to the gentiles...becoming all things to all people, preaching his own gospel differing in some respects from Jesus and his apostles teachings. He continually claims his own apostleship and the exclusivity of his gospel over any other.

pj

For the most part that is true. There was Orthodox Judaism at the same time as the Hellenist Judaism, and there were Judaic Christians before Pagan and Gnostic Christianity crept in.

Jude

1. Jude, a servant of Yahshua the Messiah, and brother of James, and to them that are sanctified by Yahwah the Father, also called and saved by Yahshua the Messiah.
2. May mercy, peace, and devotion, be multiplied to you.
3. Loved, I was eager to write to you about the salvation we share, it was necessary for me to write to you, and encourage you to earnestly contend for the faith that was given to the saints.
4. Because you are unaware that certain men have sneaked in, who are of a ancient order to their condemnation, these ungodly men turn the grace of our God into immorality, and deny that the only God is Yahwah, or that our lord Yahshua is the Messiah.

CherubRam
April 7th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Christianity and Paganism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_Paganism

CherubRam
April 7th, 2015, 09:35 PM
Origin Of The Cross: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Origin+Of+The+Cross

CherubRam
April 7th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Pope Gregory and Paganism.
The attitude of the Catholic Church toward paganism is best summed up by Pope Gregory the Great, in his words to a missionary: “You must not interfere with any traditional belief or religious observance that can be harmonized with Christianity.”
Not only were the Congregations divided by Gnosticism, but enticed by philosophy and paganism also, and there were geographic divisions as well.
Pope Gregory 540 – 12 March 604.

Mashiach Yeshua
April 8th, 2015, 01:08 AM
Fascinating question to begin the conversation. Let us hope Christ shines through our brothers and sisters here for all to participate with active posts and/or passive reading for growth and maturation of our Character and Personality.

I have been reviewing the boundaries of Paganism (Polytheism) and Monotheism (Abrahamic traditions). The further I dig into the subject I see the lines blur, with those of greater fears and narrower minds polarizing at opposite ends. I find the Truth to appear to be somewhere in the Middle, although perspective is key. Likewise, word choices might fit for one individual and throw another into a snit.

In brief, from the perspective of Spirit (Conscious Awareness) God is the Creator, inhabiting Creation, infused within even the minutest of particles so as to not be physically distinguishable to our naked eyes and most refined tools. Thus, polytheism and monotheism are irrelevant as long as God is being worshipped. For there is only One God, and Infinite God has many many attributes.

However, from the Soul (Subconscious, Unconscious Awareness) there is a perspective of different, finite, margins and boundaries. The Soul sees different clothes, customs, colors, hears different languages and words, confused and afraid the Soul creates an "in-group" and "out-group". The group distinction is for the calming of the fears arising from difference, unpredictability, newness, as well as real and/or perceived threats to the Soul and Bodily survival. The Soul sees separation between Spirit and Soul, and Spirit and Body--not so much Soul and Body, as together they are the Personality and Life Display of you and me.

The Soul sees some folks as "either or" not recognizing as the Spirit does that there is a spectrum-continuum and people worship "wherever they are", yet all Worship ultimately goes to the One God.

Consider, how many ways are there to get to finite, physical Washington D.C?
How many more pathways to the Infinite God, eternal, immortal and invisible?

Yes, I know. "The Way, the Truth and the Life" as our Christ has proclaimed. I would argue that there is only One God, and His Christ, who is the Light and Word blazing forth in all Traditions as each Christed Figure (many Sons of Man) to bring various peoples at various times and locations to the Father. It is the same Holy Spirit working in All of them, although the body, name and form is different physically. I would then propose that the Souls of later, removed disciples purposely or accidentally (and both) altered text because they did not Know this, or Care to Know this and pass it on. Fears dominate the Soul, and fear brings separation. Fears are dominate in an unrenewed Mind which is carnal and worldly. I offer these verses which weigh favorably this way for your prayer and examination:

Galatians 3:8
John 6:45
1 Corinthians 7:17, 8:6, 12:6
Ephesians 3:9, 4:6
Acts 2:17, 17:24-28
1 Peter 4:11
Revelation 21:3
Psalms 70:4
2 Timothy 3:16
Matthew 12:22, 28:20
Thessalonians 5:23

Stripe
April 8th, 2015, 01:31 AM
There are two kinds of Christians.

Nope. Just one. Those who have confessed Christ as savior and accepted Him into their hearts are Christians. Anything else is just decoration.

CherubRam
April 8th, 2015, 02:28 AM
Fascinating question to begin the conversation. Let us hope Christ shines through our brothers and sisters here for all to participate with active posts and/or passive reading for growth and maturation of our Character and Personality.

I have been reviewing the boundaries of Paganism (Polytheism) and Monotheism (Abrahamic traditions). The further I dig into the subject I see the lines blur, with those of greater fears and narrower minds polarizing at opposite ends. I find the Truth to appear to be somewhere in the Middle, although perspective is key. Likewise, word choices might fit for one individual and throw another into a snit.

In brief, from the perspective of Spirit (Conscious Awareness) God is the Creator, inhabiting Creation, infused within even the minutest of particles so as to not be physically distinguishable to our naked eyes and most refined tools. Thus, polytheism and monotheism are irrelevant as long as God is being worshipped. For there is only One God, and Infinite God has many many attributes.

However, from the Soul (Subconscious, Unconscious Awareness) there is a perspective of different, finite, margins and boundaries. The Soul sees different clothes, customs, colors, hears different languages and words, confused and afraid the Soul creates an "in-group" and "out-group". The group distinction is for the calming of the fears arising from difference, unpredictability, newness, as well as real and/or perceived threats to the Soul and Bodily survival. The Soul sees separation between Spirit and Soul, and Spirit and Body--not so much Soul and Body, as together they are the Personality and Life Display of you and me.

The Soul sees some folks as "either or" not recognizing as the Spirit does that there is a spectrum-continuum and people worship "wherever they are", yet all Worship ultimately goes to the One God.

Yes, I know. "The Way, the Truth and the Life" as our Christ has proclaimed. I would argue that there is only One God, and His Christ, who is the Light and Word blazing forth in all Traditions as each Christed Figure (many Sons of Man) to bring various peoples at various times and locations to the Father. It is the same Holy Spirit working in All of them, although the body, name and form is different physically. I would then propose that the Souls of later, removed disciples purposely or accidentally (and both) altered text because they did not Know this, or Care to Know this and pass it on. Fears dominate the Soul, and fear brings separation. Fears are dominate in an unrenewed Mind which is carnal and worldly. I offer these verses which weigh favorably this way for your prayer and examination:

I do not buy into the "all is good theory."

CherubRam
April 8th, 2015, 02:32 AM
Nope. Just one. Those who have confessed Christ as savior and accepted Him into their hearts are Christians. Anything else is just decoration.

Pagan Christians make the choice to remain in that sin, others don't. Therefore there are two kinds of Christians.

freelight
April 8th, 2015, 02:54 AM

Blessings in the Universal One :)

It appears you might be more in line with an 'inclusionist gospel outreach', which recognizes the eternal truth, wisdom and dispensation given to each religious tradition, the 'perennial wisdom' underlying all, yet so wonderfully revealed in the person of Jesus, and mirrored in us on the interior level as the 'Christ within'. On this note, 'God' is the original Light from which all colours, tones, vibrations and waves emenate as a creative expression of Itself. If 'God' is Light, we are His rainbows :angel:

Shekinah Blessings,

pj

Stripe
April 8th, 2015, 04:15 AM
Pagan Christians make the choice to remain in that sin, others don't. Therefore there are two kinds of Christians.

All Christians engage in sinful behavior. Who are you to say some are pagans and some aren't?

CherubRam
April 8th, 2015, 07:21 AM
All Christians engage in sinful behavior. Who are you to say some are pagans and some aren't?

Matthew 5:20
For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Stripe
April 8th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Matthew 5:20
For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

How does one attain righteousness?

jamie
April 8th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Paul took his gospel to the gentiles...becoming all things to all people, preaching his own gospel differing in some respects from Jesus and his apostles teachings.

His own gospel? How so?

Paul preached the gospel of God.

That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable being sanctified by the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:16 KJV)

The gospel of God is the gospel God preached to Abraham.

And the scripture foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, "In thee shall all nations be blessed." (Galatians 3:8 KJV)

Paul preached God's gospel that through Abraham all nations would be blessed.

Blessed how?

That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Galatians 3:14 KJV)

Paul preached God's gospel.

Mashiach Yeshua
April 8th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Freelight, Stripe, and Levolor I have enjoy the three very distinct and fresh insights given to you by our Christ for others on this post!

Ignorance is wonderful, as it is an "Unknowing" which will become a Knowing when the one admits emptiness and thus becomes full of the Holy Spirit! In contrast, "dogma" cannot be argued with. Gems have been said here, and though some have eyes and ears there are those here without eyes to See and Ears to hear!

Some are merely.. "Trolling" and puffing up their own pride, either purposefully upsetting some with pointless, absolutist arguments.. Or doing the "devil's work" ignorantly.

I hope to view more post by you three in other forums.

In His Grace,

Brother Aaron

Stripe
April 8th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Freelight, Stripe, and Levolor I have enjoy the three very distinct and fresh insights given to you by our Christ for others on this post!

Ignorance is wonderful, as it is an "Unknowing" which will become a Knowing when the one admits emptiness and thus becomes full of the Holy Spirit! In contrast, "dogma" cannot be argued with. Gems have been said here, and though some have eyes and ears there are those here without eyes to See and Ears to hear!

Some are merely.. "Trolling" and puffing up their own pride, either purposefully upsetting some with pointless, absolutist arguments.. Or doing the "devil's work" ignorantly.

I hope to view more post by you three in other forums.

In His Grace,

Brother AaronTo be fair, Freelight is a Christ-hating, homo-loving pagan.

CherubRam
April 8th, 2015, 09:45 AM
How does one attain righteousness?
You are what you do. Do you not know the difference between right and wrong?

Stripe
April 8th, 2015, 10:23 AM
You are what you do.

What? :AMR:

How does a man attain righteousness?

CherubRam
April 8th, 2015, 10:42 AM
What? :AMR:

For a start, obeying the moral commands of God.

Stripe
April 8th, 2015, 11:06 AM
For a start, obeying the moral commands of God.

All have sinned and fallen short.

JonahofAkron
April 8th, 2015, 12:40 PM
His own gospel? How so?

That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable being sanctified by the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:16 KJV)

And the scripture foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, "In thee shall all nations be blessed." (Galatians 3:8 KJV)

Blessed how?

That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Galatians 3:14 KJV)

Awesome.

CherubRam
April 9th, 2015, 02:08 AM
All have sinned and fallen short.

True, but that does not mean you have to keep sinning.

Stripe
April 9th, 2015, 02:57 AM
True, but that does not mean you have to keep sinning.

Shifting the goalposts won't help you.

CherubRam
April 9th, 2015, 04:49 AM
Shifting the goalposts won't help you.

Righteousness is found in our faith by keeping the moral concepts of God.

Aimiel
April 9th, 2015, 05:14 AM
Satan operates in our lives by magnifying differences with hatred. Pagan Christians? Seriously? Why not just change your slogan to: "Stand over there, for I am holier-than-thou."?

Stripe
April 9th, 2015, 05:53 AM

All have fallen short.

You already agreed with this.

CherubRam
April 9th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Satan operates in our lives by magnifying differences with hatred. Pagan Christians? Seriously? Why not just change your slogan to: "Stand over there, for I am holier-than-thou."?
Is there anything wrong with me wanting Christians to improve themselves?

CherubRam
April 9th, 2015, 06:57 AM
All have fallen short.

You already agreed with this.

If you think you have a better answer, then feel free to inform us.

Aimiel
April 9th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Is there anything wrong with me wanting Christians to improve themselves?Improve? No. Calling them names I have a problem with.

CherubRam
April 9th, 2015, 07:05 AM
Improve? No. Calling them names I have a problem with.
We are what we do. What do you think would be a proper title for Christians who have joined Paganism?

Stripe
April 9th, 2015, 07:17 AM
If you think you have a better answer, then feel free to inform us.

With pleasure. :up:

Men attain righteousness through the atoning work of Jesus Christ. Nothing they do — no good deed, no avoidance of evil, nothing — can add even one iota to their righteousness, which is complete and final in the salvation that God provides.

So when you say some people are more Christian than others because of their actions, you preach a perversion of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Levolor
April 9th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Cherub Ram,

It is good to meet another who believes God is a God of covenants, and not dispensations. I use the following statement for the purpose of example.

Men attain righteousness through the atoning work of Jesus Christ. Nothing they do — no good deed, no avoidance of evil, nothing — can add even one iota to their righteousness, which is complete and final in the salvation that God provides.

So when you say some people are more Christian than others because of their actions, you preach a perversion of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

There are only those who are the "first been called", and those who have progressed beyond this state.

All who have been called are judged righteous and justified... before God.

But, as the book of 1 Corinthians shows, the carnal man/the just now called Christians are still behaving as a natural man would. Through this behavior no glory is given to God. All those who are called, are to do all things to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Strife... is it glorious? James 3:16

There are lots of scripture to show what does not give glory to God and also will not bring us into the presence of God. Maybe I should show some?

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19, 20, 21

More from the risen Christ:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Revelation 21:8

...no avoidance of evil...

:think:

More from Paul:

Abstain from all appearance of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Why?

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. Romans 12:1

Seems to me that St. Paul is telling that each of us are to do something.

Nothing they do...

But others say that there is nothing they do and so they continue on with the works of the flesh, without remorse or repentance. At least there is no speaking of repentance.

Yet, Paul says: And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Acts 17:30

I do believe that righteousness and salvation are given as a gift from God, Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us so:

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Yet, to me, according to the Parable of the Talents, salvation is the one talent. We are to add to this salvation to make a person's calling and election sure. (2 Peter 1:2-10)

But, alas, MADist don't listen to the other Apostles who were also taught by the risen Christ. And so they go towards destruction according to God's word in 2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

As Paul said, and was pointed out above, there are those who continue to sin who will not inherit the kingdom of God. They will not inherit because they were never made a son of God even though they were given the power 'to become' sons of God. (John 1:12) That power to have such a great salvation was neglected.

May all act upon the call to repentance (Acts 17:30) and also to have, as Our risen Lord said, "To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me". Acts 26: 18

Oh yes! To be sanctified! To be set apart for God's use. To be chosen! Many are called, but few chosen. We do see the reasons why, and yes, there are differences upon Christians... those who say that there is nothing to do, and those who act upon the given instructions, and thereby grow up into Him in all things.

Ephesians 4:15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32

Yes, there is much to do in putting on the new man, as instructed especially in verse 24, who has put on true holiness. Yes, we have to 'put him on' not leave him inside where no one sees him or is able to give God thanks... yes, work out your own salvation we are told with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12).

May all put on the new man wherein is true holiness and godliness.

Stripe
April 9th, 2015, 12:19 PM
tl,dr

CherubRam
April 9th, 2015, 06:23 PM

We are judged by how we live our lives.
I understand Christ sacrificed for peoples sins once for all when he offered himself, but that does not mean we sit on our hands and do nothing.

CherubRam
April 9th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Cherub Ram,

It is good to meet another who believes God is a God of covenants, and not dispensations. I use the following statement for the purpose of example.

There are only those who are the "first been called", and those who have progressed beyond this state.

All who have been called are judged righteous and justified... before God.
Good work. :up:

Stripe
April 9th, 2015, 08:40 PM
We are judged by how we live our lives.Nope. We are judged by our response to Jesus Christ. In Him, we are seen as holy.

...that does not mean we sit on our hands and do nothing.

Nobody said otherwise.

Aimiel
April 9th, 2015, 09:10 PM
We are what we do. What do you think would be a proper title for Christians who have joined Paganism?Back sliders just like yourself.

CherubRam
April 9th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Nope. We are judged by our response to Jesus Christ. In Him, we are seen as holy.

Any scriptural references for that?

CherubRam
April 9th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Back sliders just like yourself.

I'm to old for back sliding.

Stripe
April 9th, 2015, 10:28 PM
Any scriptural references for that?

I'm sure you will be able to find some. Let us know how it goes. :up:

CherubRam
April 9th, 2015, 10:34 PM
I'm sure you will be able to find some. Let us know how it goes. :up:

Another hit and run. Say something stupid and run.

freelight
April 10th, 2015, 01:25 AM
His own gospel? How so?

Blessed how?

Paul used the illustration and example of Abraham in his allegorical teaching of course, assuming a universal blessing promised long ago to Abraham that would fulfill itself with 'joining' Jews and gentiles as one "In Christ",...but this is Paul's gospel-spin, since he claimed he got his gospel by 'revelation' (something personally received from spiritual sources, visions, inner insights, gnosis, etc.). He at least twice called the gospel 'his' gospel,...specifically denoting that, and differentiating it from any other gospel (this would include and pointedly so, the 'gospel' that Jesus and his original apostles taught). - important to note and research that point.

Portal Page on Paul here (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2516163&postcount=135).

Also, can you find anywhere where Paul claimed he got his gospel teaching or tradition from the pillars and actual apostles of Jesus who knew Jesus physically? Give it a go. Paul exclusively continues to speak of his own 'revelations' exclusively from Jesus (who at this point is some spiritual 'Christ', an etheric entity of some sort, also appearing during his 'conversion experience' as a 'voice' and a 'light'). Paul lifts himself up arrogantly saying he has nothing to do with the apostles in Jerusalem on one occasion, going so far as to call a curse down on any other gospel other than his being preached. In Galatia he butted heads with Peter and other disciples of Jesus from Jerusalem, due to these 'differences' in gospel teaching and other 'tensions'.

So the claim that 'Paul preached the gospel of God',...I wouldn't buy that wholly, since it depends on what you mean by that,....he (or whoever this person was,..his historical identity is debatable by some) clearly owned that his gospel was personally revealed to him. Can you find anywhere else in the NT any of the original apostles teaching exactly what Paul taught? This entire issue over who to follow, Jesus or Paul (as if a choice could be made) is debated among some scholars and laymen, while others reconcile the 2 different gospel-messages in their own way.

Anyways, we have threads on 'Paul', and I could link some more critical scholarly studies and honest skepticism about his ministry as it relates to Christendom in general, and many points in particular...unfortunately some have exalted him to almost a 'deified' status, and to share anything 'controversial' or even slightly antagonistic of him, could be seen as 'intentional blasphemy'. I see it as intellectual honesty, earnestness in research. If you're serious about learning facts and knowing the truth of anything, you have to be willing to allow what you think you know, or what you believe to be shattered, if a new discovery or truth emerges, proving your previous beliefs or assumptions to be in 'error'. In this vein, I progress along......

pj

Grosnick Marowbe
April 10th, 2015, 01:31 AM
Paul used the illustration and example of Abraham in his allegorical teaching of course, assuming a universal blessing promised long ago to Abraham that would fulfill itself with 'joining' Jews and gentiles as one "In Christ",...but this is Paul's gospel-spin, since he claimed he got his gospel by 'revelation' (something personally received from spiritual sources, visions, inner insights, gnosis, etc.). He at least twice called the gospel 'his' gospel,...specifically denoting that, and differentiating it from any other gospel (this would include and pointedly so, the 'gospel' that Jesus and his original apostles taught). - important to note and research that point.

Portal Page on Paul here (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2516163&postcount=135).

Also, can you find anywhere where Paul claimed he got his gospel teaching or tradition from the pillars and actual apostles of Jesus who knew Jesus physically? Give it a go. Paul exclusively continues to speak of his own 'revelations' exclusively from Jesus (who at this point is some spiritual 'Christ', an etheric entity of some sort, also appearing during his 'conversion experience' as a 'voice' and a 'light'). Paul lifts himself up arrogantly saying he has nothing to do with the apostles in Jerusalem on one occasion, going so far as to call a curse down on any other gospel other than his being preached. In Galatia he butted heads with Peter and other disciples of Jesus from Jerusalem, due to these 'differences' in gospel teaching and other 'tensions'.

So the claim that 'Paul preached the gospel of God',...I wouldn't buy that wholly, since it depends on what you mean by that,....he (or whoever this person was,..his historical identity is debatable by some) clearly owned that his gospel was personally revealed to him. Can you find anywhere else in the NT any of the original apostles teaching exactly what Paul taught? This entire issue over who to follow, Jesus or Paul (as if a choice could be made) is debated among some scholars and laymen, while others reconcile the 2 different gospel-messages in their own way.

Anyways, we have threads on 'Paul', and I could link some more critical scholarly studies and honest skepticism about his ministry as it relates to Christendom in general, and many points in particular...unfortunately some have exalted him to almost a 'deified' status, and to share anything 'controversial' or even slightly antagonistic of him, could be seen as 'intentional blasphemy'. I see it as intellectual honesty, earnestness in research. If you're serious about learning facts and knowing the truth of anything, you have to be willing to allow what you think you know, or what you believe to be shattered, if a new discovery or truth emerges, proving your previous beliefs or assumptions to be in 'error'. In this vein, I progress along......

pj

Your opinions (because you're an Occultist/Cultist) have no
worthiness to be considered! Are you trying to pretend you're
something that you're not?

Grosnick Marowbe
April 10th, 2015, 01:33 AM
Who are you trying to convince, Freelight?

freelight
April 10th, 2015, 01:34 AM

More pointedly, 'righteousness' is DOING what is right. While Abraham had 'faith', that faith was not proved as 'living' or 'dynamic' until he put it into ACTION.

pj

CherubRam
April 10th, 2015, 02:50 AM
More pointedly, 'righteousness' is DOING what is right. While Abraham had 'faith', that faith was not proved as 'living' or 'dynamic' until he put it into ACTION.

pj

I just wanted to state that Paul's words are at times misunderstood. He did preach that Yahshua was the Messiah, and the keeping of the commandments.

Aimiel
April 10th, 2015, 03:55 AM
I'm to old to be corrected or change my ways.I fixed it for you. :thumb:

CherubRam
April 10th, 2015, 04:07 AM
I fixed it for you. :thumb:

People: This is the kind of conversation you have with people who have nothing constructive to say.

Aimiel
April 10th, 2015, 04:14 AM
People: This is the kind of conversation you have with people who have nothing constructive to say.So, you agree that you're too old to be corrected or change your ways?

CherubRam
April 11th, 2015, 10:11 AM
The corruptions in our scriptures were all to accommodate the Babylonian Mystery cults. You can thank the Gnostics and Catholics for that.

OCTOBER23
April 11th, 2015, 10:17 AM
PRESS TOWARD THE PEARL OF THE NEW JERUSALEM

Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price,

went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

John 14:2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so,

I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again,

and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Revelation 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls;

every several gate was of one pearl:

and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it:

for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared

of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

jamie
April 11th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Also, can you find anywhere where Paul claimed he got his gospel teaching or tradition from the pillars and actual apostles of Jesus who knew Jesus physically?

Paul did not receive his gospel from the other apostles, he received it directly from Jesus Christ.

Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me, but I went into Arabia and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter and abode with him fifteen days. (Galatians 1:17-18 KJV)

For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you... (1 Corinthians 11:23 KJV)

Paul had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

And the night following the Lord stood by him and said, "Be of good cheer, Paul, for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem so must thou bear witness also at Rome." (Acts 23:11 KJV)(Red letter in the KJV)

CherubRam
April 11th, 2015, 12:35 PM
2 Corinthians 4
7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay (scriptures) to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, (From Jews, Gnostics, Pagans, Philosophers, Secret Society, and Governments) but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

CherubRam
June 19th, 2015, 05:48 AM
The Day of the Lord
Isaiah 2:6.
You, Lord, have abandoned your people,
the descendants of Jacob.
They are full of superstitions from the East;
they practice divination like the Philistines
and embrace pagan customs.

Ezekiel 22:26
Her priests do violence to my law and profane my holy things; they do not distinguish between the holy and the common; they teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean; and they shut their eyes to the keeping of my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

I hope you find the term "Pagan Christian" offensive, that would at least be a good sign. So what have you done since the last post to change your Pagan ways? Do you even know what Pagans believe, or what does not belong in the bible?

Daniel 8:12
Because of rebellion, the LORD’s people and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.[scriptural truth]

Rome canonized the scriptures, and the Hellenist also made changes.

Jeremiah 8:8
“‘How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

1 Corinthians 2:10
these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

2 Timothy 3
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

By searching scriptures and history we can discover what the truth is. We were told this would happen, it is not a secret. Do not let your emotions guide you, rely upon sound logic to find the truth.

1 Timothy 6:20
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: [Oppose false science]

In those days Gnosticism was the false science.

CherubRam
June 19th, 2015, 05:55 AM

pj

Christ, the disciple, along with Paul, they were all combating Paganism, Gnosticism, Hellenism, Mysticism and Philosophy.

Elia
June 23rd, 2015, 10:13 PM
A man cannot be a Christian and a Judaizer simultaneously.
Ask the Israeli Government.

Bs'd

But you think you can be a Christian and a pagan at the same time?

Elia
June 23rd, 2015, 10:16 PM
Do you follow Jesus?

Bs'd

No, I follow the one and only true God Y-H-W-H.

Ben Masada
June 24th, 2015, 02:14 PM

I don't know about the second kind but, there is no such a thing as Judaic Christian. One is either a Christian or a Jew. Hyphenated identities are too misleading. They remind me of the "Jews-for-Baal" of the time of Prophet Elijah. (I Kings 18:21)

CherubRam
June 24th, 2015, 04:52 PM
I don't know about the second kind but, there is no such a thing as Judaic Christian. One is either a Christian or a Jew. Hyphenated identities are too misleading. They remind me of the "Jews-for-Baal" of the time of Prophet Elijah. (I Kings 18:21)
Judaic means, pertaining to Judaism. I am a Judaic Christian. That means that I hold to the Original Orthodox Judaism beliefs, but in the belief in the New Covenant, and other fulfilled prophecies. I am not like a typical Christian of this age.

Daniel1611
June 24th, 2015, 06:58 PM
I hate the word Judeo Christian. Judaism is the worship of their god Remphan. I will have nothing to do with the synagogue of Satan, known today as Judaism.

CherubRam
June 24th, 2015, 07:28 PM
I hate the word Judeo Christian. Judaism is the worship of their god Remphan. I will have nothing to do with the synagogue of Satan, known today as Judaism.

You need to work on your elevator, it is not going to the top. Moloch, Chiun and Remphan are all names for the star god, Saturn, whose symbol is a six pointed star formed by two triangles. Saturn was the supreme god of the Chaldeans. The six point star is called by the Jews the "Seal of Solomon," and it is also called the "Star of David."

Daniel1611
June 24th, 2015, 07:30 PM
You need to work on your elevator, it is not going to the top. Moloch, Chiun and Remphan are all names for the star god, Saturn, whose symbol is a six pointed star formed by two triangles. Saturn was the supreme god of the Chaldeans. The six point star is called by the Jews the "Seal of Solomon," and it is also called the "Star of David."

And yet there is no star of David in the Bible. And as I have heard from rabbis, not in the Talmud either. But Acts does say the Jews have taken up the star of their god Remphan. The " star of David" is nothing to do with David. It is the star of judaism's false god.

CherubRam
June 24th, 2015, 07:34 PM
And yet there is no star of David in the Bible. And as I have heard from rabbis, not in the Talmud either. But Acts does say the Jews have taken up the star of their god Remphan. The " star of David" is nothing to do with David. It is the star of judaism's false god.
Correct! The Jews should not be using that symbol.

Daniel1611
June 24th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Correct! The Jews should not be using that symbol.

They shouldn't be worshipping a false God at all.

CherubRam
August 5th, 2015, 05:11 AM
I have been searching since 1994 for any other Judaic Christians without any success. Everyone holds to some form of Paganism. I have not found any prophets either since then. Correct interpretation of scriptures must be a very rare skill. The greater the errors the more Christian followers, the fewer errors the less Christian followers. That is not a good sign. :grave: