PDA

View Full Version : mercy

chrysostom
March 19th, 2015, 08:19 AM
mercy (https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=mercy&qs_version=KJV)

262 times in the bible

how does this word fit into your theology?

how do you use this word?

Nick M
March 19th, 2015, 08:21 AM
God showed mercy toward sinners in that he became sin for us.

CJLind
March 19th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Used to have a challenge understanding how God who is pure Love and the notion of hell fit together...not any longer...hell is a man made thing, it is the consequence of the original sin and the resistance to repent

chrysostom
March 19th, 2015, 08:26 AM
God showed mercy toward sinners in that he became sin for us.

why then do christians continue to pray

lord have mercy on me

Truster
March 19th, 2015, 08:28 AM
mercy (https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=mercy&qs_version=KJV)

262 times in the bible

The mercy of the Eternal Almighty is shown to all the creatures including all mankind. His grace however is specific and is shown only to the heirs of grace. The children of promise.

Psalm 145:9 KJV 1756

chrysostom
March 19th, 2015, 04:40 PM
mercy is a huge part of my theology

without it I haven't got a chance

so many think we earn our salvation
where did that come from?
we don't teach that
we don't believe that
so
why don't they believe us?

Nanja
March 19th, 2015, 05:26 PM

we don't teach that
we don't believe that
so

Roman Catholicism does not teach Election by Grace Eph. 1:4-11 as the Bible does.

But, instead they do teach that if you follow all the mandates, and partake
of all the sacraments of that said church that you will be saved.

Or the worst is that you will end up in purgatory and will be prayed out of it
by the indulgences [money] paid for on your behalf of loved ones who made
a monetary contribution to that said church who promised to pray you out of it.

Just another antichrist religious sect!

~~~~~

Eeset
March 19th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Hosea 6:6
"For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings."

intojoy
March 19th, 2015, 05:42 PM

we don't teach that
we don't believe that
so

Mercy is gettin what I need (desperately).
Grace is gettin what I didn't deserve.

intojoy
March 19th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Grace saves the lost but when God gives mercy it's because of how pathetic we are in and of ourselves. Like trying to avoid hitting a bird while driving. Man, the birds just trying to get a crumb. Least you can do is not blow him all over the road man. Come on!

Nanja
March 19th, 2015, 06:01 PM
Grace saves the lost but when God gives mercy it's because of how pathetic we are in and of ourselves.

No. It's because God has chosen them in Christ before the foundation of the world to be His Adopted Sons! Eph. 1:4-11.

It has nothing to do with what they are of themselves. But only with regard to His Purpose of Election.

They are saved by His Mercy and Grace alone! 2 Tim. 1:9

~~~~~

intojoy
March 19th, 2015, 06:05 PM
No. It's because God has chosen them in Christ before the foundation of the world to be His Adopted Sons! Eph. 1:4-11.

It has nothing to do with what they are of themselves. But only with regard to His Purpose of Election.

~~~~~

Ganja,

Grace is by election yes but mercy is the act of kindness for people like u who get saved but still suffer from pride. We all do

Word based mystic
March 19th, 2015, 06:33 PM
psalm 145:17 The LORD is righteous in all His ways And kind in all His deeds.

His mercy is not separated from his judgement.

even in his judgements He shows mercy.

look at genesis 3:22 Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever "-

God did not want man to live in a state of misery and decay forever. So He stopped him from partaking of eternal life in his sinful state.

The only way He wanted man to have eternal life is in Christ and His work.

His mercy endures forever. for all of His created Children
Mercy in destroying the wicked.
Grace for those in Christ.

dialm
March 19th, 2015, 11:37 PM
Thought not to enter this thread. But it is hard to pass up.

Word base mystic, how did the power wash go?

chrysostom
March 20th, 2015, 04:31 AM
Roman Catholicism does not teach Election by Grace Eph. 1:4-11 as the Bible does.

But, instead they do teach that if you follow all the mandates, and partake
of all the sacraments of that said church that you will be saved.

Or the worst is that you will end up in purgatory and will be prayed out of it
by the indulgences [money] paid for on your behalf of loved ones who made
a monetary contribution to that said church who promised to pray you out of it.

Just another antichrist religious sect!

~~~~~

election 6
mercy 262

chrysostom
March 20th, 2015, 07:17 AM
Grace is gettin what I didn't deserve.

that is nice
but
please tell me

what did you deserve?

wordsponge
March 20th, 2015, 07:19 AM
HATRED-- is your WAR cry.
Dishonorable liar -- is ours.

PureX
March 20th, 2015, 07:31 AM
"For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings."This would indicate to me that mercy is something God wants FROM us, toward others. And like forgiveness, is something we then receive, in turn.

So it seems to me that if we want God's mercy, we need to learn to show mercy to others. Which is something I see VERY little of among modern religious Christians. Who routinely demand the maximum punishments, consequences, and retributions for any and all perceived moral infractions on the part of others.

Nick M
March 20th, 2015, 08:58 AM

lord have mercy on me

Because they don not believe him.

Nick M
March 20th, 2015, 08:59 AM

Words mean things and the Holy Spirit chooses his words carefully when he gives them to the prophets. Do you agree?

Mercy is not getting something. It is not getting what you deserve.

chrysostom
March 20th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Because they don not believe him.

that is what I expected from you
so
do you say the Our Father?

Nick M
March 20th, 2015, 10:43 AM
I have three brothers, so when I refer to him it is usually with them.

Nick M
March 20th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Colossians 2

8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses

Are you looking forward to forgiveness, or looking back on it?

dialm
March 20th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Words mean things and the Holy Spirit chooses his words carefully when he gives them to the prophets. Do you agree?

Mercy is not getting something. It is not getting what you deserve.

The Holy Spirit does not choose words carefully.

But it would be a good idea for prophets to do so.

Word based mystic
March 20th, 2015, 03:37 PM
The mercy of the Eternal Almighty is shown to all the creatures including all mankind. His grace however is specific and is shown only to the heirs of grace. The children of promise.

the mercy you describe is

He creates sinners that He does not give the chance or opportunity to believe and receive salvation so they get to go to hell and be tormented for the way He created them.

yeah I guess that is one way of describing mercy

chrysostom
March 20th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I have three brothers, so when I refer to him it is usually with them.

I was referring to the prayer

Our Father

do you say it?

Nick M
March 20th, 2015, 04:04 PM
I was referring to the prayer

Our Father

do you say it?

I am going to eat battered catfish and drink a few brewskies and after that :smokie: with the deacon.

Does that count?

chrysostom
March 20th, 2015, 04:08 PM
I am going to eat battered catfish and drink a few brewskies and after that :smokie: with the deacon.

Does that count?

yes it does
but
it doesn't answer the question

do you pray the Our Father?

Nick M
March 20th, 2015, 04:31 PM
I don't ask for forgiveness when I have already been forgiven for all my trespasses. And I have been crucified with Christ. He who has died has been freed from sin. So there are no trespasses to be forgiven.

Nick M
March 20th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Why do you refuse reconciliation?

chrysostom
March 20th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Why do you refuse reconciliation?

I don't know what that means

I do try to repent everyday

Nick M
March 20th, 2015, 05:40 PM
I don't know what that means

It means he has forgiven your trespasses and is offering you his life. The Lord Jesus Christ was God in the flesh. He was perfect in your place and became sin for you. God the Father poured his wrath on sin out on his son and then forsook him and descended into hell. You know this from weekly rituals. He went to hell in your place, satisfying the requirements of justice for sin.

1 Corinthians 15

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

2 Corinthians 5

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Romans 6

6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,

chrysostom
March 21st, 2015, 03:58 AM
It means he has forgiven your trespasses and is offering you his life. The Lord Jesus Christ was God in the flesh. He was perfect in your place and became sin for you. God the Father poured his wrath on sin out on his son and then forsook him and descended into hell. You know this from weekly rituals. He went to hell in your place, satisfying the requirements of justice for sin.

1 Corinthians 15

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

2 Corinthians 5

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Romans 6

6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,

2 Peter 3:16
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

dialm
March 21st, 2015, 05:55 PM
Always like to see evidence when someone makes a claim. Hucksters are a real downer. Jesus showed Thomas the nail prints. But giving that this is an online forum, when someone claims to be crucified with Christ it wouldn't be reasonable to see some evidence.

Same goes for "mercy". When someone says that it was an act of mercy to keep a sinner from the Tree of Life it would be nice for them to put down their power washer and prove it.

But expecting evidence is old fashion. Sort of like the Roman Cathilic Church.

It ain't hip to wear old fashion clothes. Someone might get kicked out of the wedding party.

Am I going to see red for saying such things? Maybe not. No one is seeing my texts except for Truster. And he just clicks.

chrysostom
March 21st, 2015, 06:04 PM
But giving that this is an online forum, when someone claims to be crucified with Christ it wouldn't be reasonable to see some evidence. .

some just nail their sins to the cross

dialm
March 21st, 2015, 07:19 PM
The evidence of that can be seen in the reflection on the cocktail glass. It is also formed in the smoke rings coming from the E-cigarette.

dialm
March 21st, 2015, 07:20 PM
We don't drink wine anymore. No wine glass here. Or is that goblet?

chrysostom
March 21st, 2015, 07:27 PM
what about beer?

dialm
March 21st, 2015, 07:40 PM
Plenty of beer.

But the Holy Grail has been lost. It is out of this world.

chrysostom
March 21st, 2015, 07:49 PM
Plenty of beer.

But the Holy Grail has been lost. It is out of this world.

the kingdom is not of this world
but
the church is

Nick M
March 21st, 2015, 07:52 PM
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

So.:idunno: You don't interpret him correctly. Why don't you have mercy on others?

oatmeal
March 21st, 2015, 07:53 PM

262 times in the bible

God's mercy is His withholding just consequences as the result of our errors.

God is not mercy, God is love, God is light, God is righteous, God is just, but God is not mercy, however He is rich in mercy.

If God was mercy, there would be no justice, no need for Christ to have died and risen again for then God would never hold any sin against anyone at any time.

chrysostom
March 21st, 2015, 07:55 PM
So.:idunno: You don't interpret him correctly. Why don't you have mercy on others?

how you say?
it means just what it says
I have mercy for those who repent

dialm
March 21st, 2015, 07:56 PM
the kingdom is not of this world
but
the church is

Amen chrysostom.

Nick M
March 21st, 2015, 08:08 PM
how you say?

Except if Paul is saying it, right? Then we need a pope to tell us what it means.

this is why Jesus left us with a pope in charge
we can't even communicate
the pope can help us
if
he does nothing more than nail down the meaning of words

TOL has gotten extremely sloppy the last few years. It is like shooting fish in a barrel. You, IMJ and her hat eating, Nag, crossreference, tet....

dialm
March 22nd, 2015, 01:02 AM
Except if Paul is saying it, right? Then we need a pope to tell us what it means.

TOL has gotten extremely sloppy the last few years. It is like shooting fish in a barrel. You, IMJ and her hat eating, Nag, crossreference, tet....

Drinking bourbon and smoking cigars causes cancer. Surgery, (like seeing red) is no cure. You must refrain from cigars and bourbon. I'm not Catholic but it is common belief that the Pope doesn't "smok'im all".

Truster
March 22nd, 2015, 01:13 AM
the mercy you describe is

He creates sinners that He does not give the chance or opportunity to believe and receive salvation so they get to go to hell and be tormented for the way He created them.

yeah I guess that is one way of describing mercy

You have, in the imagination of your mind, created a wimp and puny creator that is subject to your whims, laws and desires. He is not allowed to be Holy, Just or to Judge, but must stoop and become subservient instead of Sovereign.

You are welcome to him, whoever he is.....not.

patrick jane
March 22nd, 2015, 01:25 AM

yes. he is talking about folks that don't understand, are unstable and don't learn from Paul's epistles, good point - :Patrol:

chrysostom
March 22nd, 2015, 05:00 AM
yes. he is talking about folks that don't understand, are unstable and don't learn from Paul's epistles, good point -

dialm
March 22nd, 2015, 05:39 AM
Does it mean we can mean promote evil while claiming mercy?

chrysostom
March 22nd, 2015, 05:43 AM
it means
you can be mean
if
you are saved

dialm
March 22nd, 2015, 08:12 AM
it means
you can be mean
if
you are saved

The above is a serious statement made by a serious Christian. It will not be ignored.

chrysostom
March 22nd, 2015, 08:39 AM
The above is a serious statement made by a serious Christian. It will not be ignored.

by many it will

Nick M
March 22nd, 2015, 09:21 AM
Drinking bourbon and smoking cigars causes cancer.

Prove it. That doesn't mean somebody saying what you are saying. I want proof, not more claims of the same thing.

chrysostom
March 22nd, 2015, 09:29 AM
Prove it. That doesn't mean somebody saying what you are saying. I want proof, not more claims of the same thing.

what comes out of your mouth can hurt you

Nick M
March 22nd, 2015, 11:36 AM
what comes out of your mouth can hurt you

And water is wet.

chrysostom
March 22nd, 2015, 11:43 AM
And water is wet.

you must be aware of the stuff that comes out of your mouth

dialm
March 22nd, 2015, 12:47 PM

Is there a religious question in my future?

You told chrysostom that you are crucified with Christ. Let's see some proof of dat, (and don't bring up spelling).

Nick M
March 22nd, 2015, 01:29 PM
I thought you were going to show the mechanism by which whiskey causes cell structure damage and the cells can not pass LDL ("bad" cholesterol") to take in nutrition. Please show the mechanism. I don't care if you copy and paste, just get it done.

dialm
March 22nd, 2015, 04:42 PM
I thought you were going to show the mechanism by which whiskey causes cell structure damage and the cells can not pass LDL ("bad" cholesterol") to take in nutrition. Please show the mechanism. I don't care if you copy and paste, just get it done.

Sure I will do that. Oops, there is cigar smoke in my eyes.....

dialm
March 22nd, 2015, 04:45 PM

"This then is the message that we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." I John 1:5

Anyone who says that God creates for destruction does not know God.

Nick M
March 22nd, 2015, 04:55 PM
Anyone who says that God creates for destruction does not know God.

Truster is not in the Body of Christ. He has said so. Didn't want to be saved, didn't ask for it. So, he is not.

Didn't ask to be saved and didn't want to be saved, but I was and as soon as I was it was revealed to me what had happened.

I didn't ask nor want to be saved.

The rest of his first quote is in direct denial of our apostle Paul who said faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. When presented with the gospel you believe or you reject him. He claims he was just "saved" against his will. He does not believe the gospel.

dialm
March 22nd, 2015, 09:00 PM
Ok Nick. So when I read a posting of yours complaining about some things to chrysostom you are not really complaining about chrysostom. You are complaining about the trash talk that Truster puts out. (I'm starting to feel a little better. But strong drink is a depressant. I'm still down. Give up the drinking for me, a weaker brother in Christ.)

chrysostom
March 23rd, 2015, 02:50 AM
Ok Nick. So when I read a posting of yours complaining about some things to chrysostom you are not really complaining about chrysostom. You are complaining about the trash talk that Truster puts out. (I'm starting to feel a little better. But strong drink is a depressant. I'm still down. Give up the drinking for me, a weaker brother in Christ.)

truster and nick are downers

dialm
March 23rd, 2015, 03:43 AM
The Lord gave me a second chance. Maybe Nick can have one also?

But Truster is to be given nothing.

chrysostom
March 23rd, 2015, 03:45 AM
The Lord gave me a second chance. Maybe Nick can have one also?

But Truster is to be given nothing.

should we ignore him?

dialm
March 23rd, 2015, 05:12 PM
it means
you can be mean
if
you are saved

Do you think that the Law is cruel?

chrysostom
March 23rd, 2015, 05:15 PM
Do you think that the Law is cruel?

no

it is necessary
to maintain order
to protect the innocent

Nick M
March 23rd, 2015, 06:10 PM
You are complaining about the trash talk that Truster puts out. (I'm starting to feel a little better. But strong drink is a depressant. I'm still down. Give up the drinking for me, a weaker brother in Christ.)

They are both dingbats. Only one is not a bore. One is, and is like talking to a brick wall. He probably bad mouths football to women. The ones that don't run from him.

Eeset
March 23rd, 2015, 06:12 PM
truster and nick are downers
Hardly.

dialm
March 23rd, 2015, 11:40 PM
no

it is necessary
to maintain order
to protect the innocent

In the beginning your points would be false.

Wouldn't you agree chrysostom?

dialm
March 23rd, 2015, 11:48 PM
They are both dingbats. Only one is not a bore. One is, and is like talking to a brick wall. He probably bad mouths football to women. The ones that don't run from him.

Nick,

Would like to be friends but I have a standard. My standard is that I will attempt to make what ever place I am in a better place. You have the same standard. You are just not living up to it. Why don't you and I start over again?

I enjoy reading your thoughts about the Bible. And I like reading Paul's writings. But I don't always understand. When I ask the Lord for guidance He gives me wisdom.

chrysostom
March 24th, 2015, 04:47 AM
In the beginning your points would be false.

Wouldn't you agree chrysostom?

yes

but there was one to test their obedience

do you think that was cruel?
do you think they needed to be tested?

dialm
March 24th, 2015, 03:49 PM
yes

but there was one to test their obedience

do you think that was cruel?

You tell me chrysostom. After all this thread is titled 'mercy'. Show us how the Law is merciful. Or better yet-

Show us how keeping Adam and Eve from the Tree of Life was mercy.

chrysostom
March 24th, 2015, 04:24 PM
You tell me chrysostom. After all this thread is titled 'mercy'. Show us how the Law is merciful. Or better yet-

Show us how keeping Adam and Eve from the Tree of Life was mercy.

you have to answer the question

the answer to that question will help you with all the others

dialm
March 24th, 2015, 04:36 PM
The answer to your testing question is very simple. Yes they needed to be tested.

Would you like to know why?

chrysostom
March 24th, 2015, 06:12 PM
The answer to your testing question is very simple. Yes they needed to be tested.

Would you like to know why?

yes

dialm
March 25th, 2015, 02:29 AM
Ok I will take your test and answer your test question. Your question is a test because you already know the answer. You are asking me to test me.

Through Christ I know the Father. From what I know of God through Christ I know that God did test Adam and Eve. Since God loved Adam and Eve as He loves me I am assured that God tested them because the testing was needed.

Now will you answer my question?

Show whether or not the Law contains mercy. (If you can't show it then the Law has no place in this thread.)

chrysostom
March 25th, 2015, 04:41 AM
Ok I will take your test and answer your test question. Your question is a test because you already know the answer. You are asking me to test me.

Through Christ I know the Father. From what I know of God through Christ I know that God did test Adam and Eve. Since God loved Adam and Eve as He loves me I am assured that God tested them because the testing was needed.

Now will you answer my question?

Show whether or not the Law contains mercy. (If you can't show it then the Law has no place in this thread.)

we are tested because we have free will

the law does not contain mercy
mercy is required because of the law
law is required because we have to live together
love God and your neighbor are the great commandments
all law hang on them

dialm
March 26th, 2015, 03:56 AM
The Law is not required because we have to live together.

dialm
March 26th, 2015, 04:05 AM
The Law separates us from ourselves, each other and God.

The Law even separates us from nature.

chrysostom
March 26th, 2015, 04:05 AM
The Law is not required because we have to live together.

so why is the law required?

dialm
March 26th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Required by who? Who says it is required? Can you tell me who/what requires it? Do you have any documentation?

dialm
March 26th, 2015, 04:04 PM
chrysostom,

I have documentation to the contrary.

chrysostom
March 26th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Required by who? Who says it is required? Can you tell me who/what requires it? Do you have any documentation?

reason and logic require it
consider the stop sign
a north/south road intersects with an east/west road
the law determines who must give right of way
will you respect that law?

wordsponge
March 26th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Have MERCY on the DEAD that you keep DEAD.

dialm
March 27th, 2015, 01:57 AM
This thread has legs. The Mystic has spoken.

Caino
March 27th, 2015, 05:56 AM

262 times in the bible

"Mercy is simply justice tempered by that wisdom which grows out of perfection of knowledge and the full recognition of the natural weaknesses and environmental handicaps of finite creatures."

"Mercy is the natural and inevitable offspring of goodness and love. The good nature of a loving Father could not possibly withhold the wise ministry of mercy to each member of every group of his universe children. Eternal justice and divine mercy together constitute what in human experience would be called fairness.

"Divine mercy represents a fairness technique of adjustment between the universe levels of perfection and imperfection. Mercy is the justice of Supremacy adapted to the situations of the evolving finite, the righteousness of eternity modified to meet the highest interests and universe welfare of the children of time. Mercy is not a contravention of justice but rather an understanding interpretation of the demands of supreme justice as it is fairly applied to the subordinate spiritual beings and to the material creatures of the evolving universes. Mercy is the justice of the Paradise Trinity wisely and lovingly visited upon the manifold intelligences of the creations of time and space as it is formulated by divine wisdom and determined by the all-knowing mind and the sovereign free will of the Universal Father and all his associated Creators." "UB

rainee
March 27th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Always like to see evidence when someone makes a claim. Hucksters are a real downer. Jesus showed Thomas the nail prints. But giving that this is an online forum, when someone claims to be crucified with Christ it wouldn't be reasonable to see some evidence.

Same goes for "mercy". When someone says that it was an act of mercy to keep a sinner from the Tree of Life it would be nice for them to put down their power washer and prove it.

But expecting evidence is old fashion. Sort of like the Roman Cathilic Church.

It ain't hip to wear old fashion clothes. Someone might get kicked out of the wedding party.

Am I going to see red for saying such things? Maybe not. No one is seeing my texts except for Truster. And he just clicks.

I see your texts

Word based mystic
March 27th, 2015, 07:14 AM
This thread has legs. The Mystic has spoken.

hey your using my name out of context.:surf:

and i spoke earlier.

chrysostom
March 27th, 2015, 10:01 AM
hey your using my name out of context.:surf:

and i spoke earlier.

you deserve an apology for what was unintentional

I am sure it won't happen again

dialm
March 28th, 2015, 11:20 AM
I see your texts

And

dialm
March 28th, 2015, 11:22 AM
psalm 145:17 The LORD is righteous in all His ways And kind in all His deeds.

His mercy is not separated from his judgement.

even in his judgements He shows mercy.

look at genesis 3:22 Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever "-

God did not want man to live in a state of misery and decay forever. So He stopped him from partaking of eternal life in his sinful state.

The only way He wanted man to have eternal life is in Christ and His work.

His mercy endures forever. for all of His created Children
Mercy in destroying the wicked.
Grace for those in Christ.

Mystic,

There might be a problem here in this posting. (Just saying)

dialm

chrysostom
March 28th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Mystic,

There might be a problem here in this posting. (Just saying)

dialm

instead of just saying there is a problem

why don't you say what the problem is?

dialm
March 28th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Well chrysostom in another thread you said a certain book is circular for teaching purposes. But you failed to tell what was being taught. I was just trying to conform to your thread by not saying what the problem is.

Isn't that your technique?

chrysostom
March 28th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Well chrysostom in another thread you said a certain book is circular for teaching purposes. But you failed to tell what was being taught. I was just trying to conform to your thread by not saying what the problem is.

Isn't that your technique?

sometimes I will ask the question without giving my answer
but
once asked
I normally answer as clear as possible

you are not being clear at all

wordsponge
March 28th, 2015, 01:29 PM
but
once asked

When will you be WASHED by the WORD.

Scary....

dialm
March 28th, 2015, 02:37 PM
but
once asked

Once again I stand corrected.

Ok, this thread is titled 'mercy' by you. mystic claims that keeping people from the Tree of Life was an act of mercy. I questioned this statement and was ignored by mystic and by you. So here we are again.

Prove it mystic.
Prove it chrysostom.

Word based mystic
March 28th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Once again I stand corrected.

Ok, this thread is titled 'mercy' by you. mystic claims that keeping people from the Tree of Life was an act of mercy. I questioned this statement and was ignored by mystic and by you. So here we are again.

Prove it mystic.
Prove it chrysostom.

dialm

the scripture is self explanatory.

God saw adam in a state of decay and sin...
God did not want adam to partake of eternal life in His present state.
God did not want man to partake of eternal life, ((Before)) the sacrifice of Jesus was made.

God did not want man to live eternally in that state of sin and decay..
or may i better define it as
God did not want man to have immortality before Christs offering.
That shows the (mercy) of the Fathers heart. For if man was given immortality before sin was dealt with in man that would be a true mess. immortality and eternal life in men living in sin and misery.
so even within his judgement of spiritual death in the garden God planned for the Word to be the sacrifice for sin so man could have eternal life/immortality without being in a state of sin and misery. that is mercy within His judgement maintaining His Fatherly love for His created children.

so
is there still a problem

and no I hadn't been following the thread closely. I had some commercial jobs come up..

Now what do you perceive is the problem.
we are still dealing with mercy.

Word based mystic
March 28th, 2015, 03:16 PM
You have, in the imagination of your mind, created a wimp and puny creator that is subject to your whims, laws and desires. He is not allowed to be Holy, Just or to Judge, but must stoop and become subservient instead of Sovereign.

You are welcome to him, whoever he is.....not.

I was describing (your) view of the Creator not mine.

your doctrine has the holes in it that is not consistent with Gods character found in the scripture.

Word based mystic
March 28th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Thought not to enter this thread. But it is hard to pass up.

Word base mystic, how did the power wash go?

I see you did not actually ask me directly about my quote. so no wonder i did not reply.

but as to your pressure washing question.

I always enjoy working outdoors and seeing the end result of my work etched in stone (literally). I did a commercial site brick cleaning.
keeps me in shape 8-10 hours a day handling 4000 psi with one hand switching on and off.
need an hour recovery at the end of the day. I am 51 so yeah. 1 hour down time.

as to the response to your later comment on mercy i posted it to the other comment.

How was your work lately???

dialm
March 28th, 2015, 10:56 PM
dialm

God did not want man to partake of eternal life, ((Before)) the sacrifice of Jesus was made.

That shows the (mercy) of the Fathers heart. For if man was given immortality before sin was dealt with in man that would be a true mess. immortality and eternal life in men living in sin and misery.
so even within his judgement of spiritual death in the garden God planned for the Word to be the sacrifice for sin so man could have eternal life/immortality without being in a state of sin and misery. that is mercy within His judgement maintaining His Fatherly love for His created children.

so
is there still a problem

and no I hadn't been following the thread closely. I had some commercial jobs come up..

This is kind of a long thread about what you think. But not one scripture citation. So we just have to take your word for it. (Maybe I should start a power washer myself?)

freelight
March 28th, 2015, 11:28 PM
"For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings."

This alone is one of the most important passages in the Bible, and even more so since Jesus himself (if you trust the gospel reference) is recorded to say about this "go and learn what this means". Therefore, this most essential issue of the 'mercy' and 'knowledge' of 'God' ought to be at the heart of any true disciple.

Love itself, expressing compassion is the key here.

Matthew 9:13

pj

dialm
March 28th, 2015, 11:38 PM
This alone is one of the most important passages in the Bible, and even more so since Jesus himself (if you trust the gospel reference) is recorded to say about this "go and learn what this means". Therefore, this most essential issue of the 'mercy' and 'knowledge' of 'God' ought to be at the heart of any true disciple.

Love itself, expressing compassion is the key here.

Matthew 9:13

pj

So maybe our host chrysostom might interject here and ask,

'Do you trust the Gospel reference free light?'

freelight
March 29th, 2015, 12:29 AM
So maybe our host chrysostom might interject here and ask,

'Do you trust the Gospel reference free light?'

Hi dialm,

I'm presenting this to so called 'believers' as if Jesus had really said this, so if he really did say this, then its very important to heed what Jesus said to learn. In other words, really consider and meditate upon this passage, dig deep into its meaning. Can you name many other passages that Jesus specifically says about "go and LEARN what this means"? Hence all the more to ponder it deeply in your heart.

On a more liberal skeptical agnostic front, I merely note that one may believe the record or not, as the 'evidence' for its authenticity could be questioned. However,....at least the gospel writer included it, as something important to the faith-community he was writing to, so take it for what its worth.

pj

chrysostom
March 29th, 2015, 04:47 AM
mystic claims that keeping people from the Tree of Life was an act of mercy..

I couldn't or wouldn't make that statement

it does not add to my understanding of mercy

it is really confusing

dialm
March 29th, 2015, 05:16 AM
you deserve an apology for what was unintentional

I am sure it won't happen again

You wrote the above to mystic chrysostom.

Can we have some clarification about where the mystic position leads?

If

it was an act of mercy for God to keep Adam and Eve from the Tree is Life

Then

were all the religious wars an act of mercy?

chrysostom
March 29th, 2015, 05:27 AM

If

Then

I thought you were talking about wordsponge
I will leave this to you and the mystic

Word based mystic
March 29th, 2015, 06:02 AM
This is kind of a long thread about what you think. But not one scripture citation. So we just have to take your word for it. (Maybe I should start a power washer myself?)

i already quoted the scripture i was referring to in earlier posts dialm

you were the one asking for dialogue and clarification.

if I need to copy my prior comments and scriptures for you to keep up I will.

What has pressure washing have to do with anything dialm?

you are asking questions without any clarification of why you ask or your thoughts on what is wrong with.

a little subterfuge? or do you prevaricate?

Please answer what in the world you are talking about or what you have a problem with the dialogue about.

Word based mystic
March 29th, 2015, 06:05 AM

If

Then

his comment was my response to using my name.

I was just kidding and joking a bit how he used my name.
it had nothing to do with the thread.

will you please answer questions dialm.

Word based mystic
March 29th, 2015, 06:11 AM
I couldn't or wouldn't make that statement

it does not add to my understanding of mercy

it is really confusing

sorry

I will give you a paragraph

In genesis 3:22 God did not want adam to partake of the tree of eternal life after He had just sinned/spiritually died. God wanted Christ to be offered as a sin sacrifice (before) man had the chance to partake of eternal life. God did not want man to eat and gain immortality before His sin was washed away by Christs sacrifice.
If adam was to take and eat in his sinful state He would be living eternally in sin and misery. So it was a mercy to prevent adam to eat of the tree in that state.

Word based mystic
March 29th, 2015, 06:16 AM

If

Then

religious wars had nothing to do with the subject.
why do you ask?
mens wars are mens wars. whether they call it religious or not.
be more specific by posting the context or scripture.

Why does my commercial job have to do with this thread??
And since you comment on my restoration work, What is your work??

Please actually answer peoples questions.

dialm
March 29th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Yes mystic. Your questions are going to be answered.

Zeke
March 29th, 2015, 01:29 PM
dialm

so
is there still a problem

I would beg to differ, the eternal state wasn't in the past, present or future, time is it's play thing to experience all phases of conscience states of being, those from lowest life forms to the highest degree of awareness, the Jesus concept didn't start that awareness, it has always been available.

The Christ being an eternal internal concept explaining the divine seed's journey from that state into a world of matter partaking in the lower animal conscience Galatians 4:24 to it's awakening to where it originated from Galatians 4:26 causing a change of mind, the temporal mortal for the immortal.

Word based mystic
March 29th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Yes mystic. Your questions are going to be answered.

you ask questions but don't give context to the questions.

you ask questions but don't answer in detail what and why you ask.

never met someone online that wants to make a comment and ask a question but then never gives details or doesn't answer the questions asked him in return.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish or suggest?

Word based mystic
March 29th, 2015, 03:37 PM
I would beg to differ, the eternal state wasn't in the past, present or future, time is it's play thing to experience all phases of conscience states of being, those from lowest life forms to the highest degree of awareness, the Jesus concept didn't start that awareness, it has always been available.

The Christ being an eternal internal concept explaining the divine seed's journey from that state into a world of matter partaking in the lower animal conscience Galatians 4:24 to it's awakening to where it originated from Galatians 4:26 causing a change of mind, the temporal mortal for the immortal.

I don't believe you use scripture as a foundation for your beliefs. So using scripture to make a point and then ignoring other scriptures that contradict your point of view is a bit confusing to those who want a foundation for discussion.

dialm
March 29th, 2015, 04:21 PM
you ask questions but don't give context to the questions.

you ask questions but don't answer in detail what and why you ask.

never met someone online that wants to make a comment and ask a question but then never gives details or doesn't answer the questions asked him in return.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish or suggest?

You are the one who said mercy is God keeping man from eternal life. I'm asking you to use some scripture to reinforce such a statement. I don't think you can do it. That is why you are using the stall tactic of saying I'm not being fair.

Just use some scripture to show that God is merciful the way you describe.

OCTOBER23
March 29th, 2015, 04:23 PM
kindness or help given to people who are in a very bad or desperate situation

kind or forgiving treatment of someone who could be treated harshly

compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender

compassionate treatment of those in distress

lenient or compassionate treatment

divine favor or compassion
----------------------------------------------
EXCEPT FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH :p:p

dialm
March 29th, 2015, 04:36 PM
kindness or help given to people who are in a very bad or desperate situation

kind or forgiving treatment of someone who could be treated harshly

compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender

compassionate treatment of those in distress

lenient or compassionate treatment

divine favor or compassion
EXCEPT FOR THE CATHOLIC CHURCH :p:p

Very thoughtful 10-23.

May I ask why the exception there at the end?

Word based mystic
March 29th, 2015, 04:39 PM
You are the one who said mercy is God keeping man from eternal life. I'm asking you to use some scripture to reinforce such a statement. I don't think you can do it. That is why you are using the stall tactic of saying I'm not being fair.

Just use some scripture to show that God is merciful the way you describe.

i said

God was keeping man from reaching the tree of life and God did not want man to eat in that sinful state.

I NEVER said God did not want man to have eternal life. only said that God did not want man to have eternal life in a sinful state.
Which the cleansing of sin would come through Christ.

You are not reading the posts fully.

genesis 3:22 Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and (take) also from the tree of life, and (eat), and (live forever).

God was merciful stopping man from having eternal life in that state of sin.

Word based mystic
March 29th, 2015, 05:08 PM
also
psalms 145:9
The LORD is good to all,
And His mercies are over all His works.

isv psalm 145:9 The LORD is good to everyone and his mercies extend to everything he does.

psalms 145:17
The LORD is righteous in all His ways
And kind in all His deeds.

psalms 145:13
God is faithful about everything he says and merciful in everything he does.

even in His judgements He is merciful

dialm
March 30th, 2015, 12:22 AM
i said

God was keeping man from reaching the tree of life and God did not want man to eat in that sinful state.

I NEVER said God did not want man to have eternal life. only said that God did not want man to have eternal life in a sinful state.
Which the cleansing of sin would come through Christ.

You are not reading the posts fully.

genesis 3:22 Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and (take) also from the tree of life, and (eat), and (live forever).

God was merciful stopping man from having eternal life in that state of sin.

Your posts are being read fully. And you just repeated your position. The verses you have given are going to be addressed. But here is the bottom line, (and you are not going to get around it),

Religious Propaganda

Grosnick Marowbe
March 30th, 2015, 12:46 AM
The ONLY ones who will/have been shown mercy are those who have
placed their faith in Christ alone, have been sealed/indwelt by the Holy
Spirit, and baptized (not by water) into the Body of Christ, by the Holy
Spirit! The rest will stand before God, and be judged according to their
"Works!"

OCTOBER23
March 30th, 2015, 03:50 AM
DIALM,

RE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH :

BECAUSE THEY PRACTICE INIQUITY, IDOLOTRY, DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD,

PAGAN RITUALS AND PRACTICES TO DISCIEVE THE MASSES.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them,

I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

dialm
March 30th, 2015, 04:03 PM
10-23,

Have you discussed your concerns with chrysostom?

dialm
March 30th, 2015, 04:44 PM
10-23,

You might be to hard on catholic church. Take this thread as an example.

mystic say that when God deprived Adam and Eve access to the Tree of Life, God was being merciful.

Now think about that for one moment 10-23.

If someone is denied food what do you think is going to happen?

The answer is easy. Deprived of food long enough the victim will die.

In other words the death of Adam and Eve according to the mystic position was a mercy killing.

And in this very thread we have chrysostom telling mystic how sorry he is for the way that the mystic is being treated in this thread.

10-23, you are mad at the Catholics for all the wrong reasons. Ignorance is the affliction that the Catholics suffer from.

chrysostom should wake up and smell the coffee. Abortions are mercy killings according to the abortionists.

The mystic does not know what he is saying.

Word based mystic
March 30th, 2015, 06:14 PM
10-23,

mystic say that when God deprived Adam and Eve access to the Tree of Life, God was being merciful.

In other words the death of Adam and Eve according to the mystic position was a mercy killing.

And in this very thread we have chrysostom telling mystic how sorry he is for the way that the mystic is being treated in this thread.

10-23, you are mad at the Catholics for all the wrong reasons. Ignorance is the affliction that the Catholics suffer from.

chrysostom should wake up and smell the coffee. Abortions are mercy killings according to the abortionists.

so you do disagree that
psalms 145:9
The LORD is good to all,
And His mercies are over all His works.

isv psalm 145:9 The LORD is good to everyone and his mercies (((extend to everything he does.)))

psalms 145:17
The LORD is righteous in all His ways
And kind in all His deeds.

psalms 145:13
God is faithful about everything he says and merciful in everything he does.

even in His judgements He is merciful

adam lived for 930 years How is that a mercy killing.

he lived a full life.

He died spiritually when sin crept in.

God (did not want man to live eternally) in a state of sin and misery

so maybe you can tell us (why) God prevented him from eating the tree of eternal life while he was in a sinful state.

maybe to wait for Christs sin washing work on the cross?

let's have some of your view? instead of just criticizing without explanation or context.

chrysostom
March 30th, 2015, 06:16 PM
10-23,

Have you discussed your concerns with chrysostom?

has anyone discussed anything with 10 23?

chrysostom
March 30th, 2015, 06:19 PM

I drink the coffee
and
still don't know what you are talking about

freelight
March 30th, 2015, 07:54 PM
DIALM,

RE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH :

BECAUSE THEY PRACTICE INIQUITY, IDOLOTRY, DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD,

PAGAN RITUALS AND PRACTICES TO DISCIEVE THE MASSES.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them,

I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I think you can thank the RCC and the papacy for a good measure of your own 'Protestant doctrines',....so I wouldn't bite the tree that a lot of your own acorns fell down from :) - as far as 'paganism' goes,...well how wonderful of you to recognize that pagans (and those adepts versed in the 'ancient wisdom' teachings) had insight and knowledge of universal principles, the laws of nature and Spirit, before any organized religions either recognized the same or adopted them from these sources as wisdom proposed.

Consider that much of humanity subscribes to one religious 'program' or another, and could just as well change 'channels' at a whim or with further research or revelation, unless they are 'satisfied' with what that 'program' is doing for them, and a given community or the world at large. In this case, the RCC holds a major influence on many levels, social, religious and political, and even with some 'trappings' or 'potential evil' in such organizations (as exists within human nature in general)....still....the "heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord" (or something similar. It still holds that the belief prevails that 'God's ultimate will and provision....prevails in the end so all is working towards the ultimate good anyways'). So,...even 'evil' serves 'God', as all arises within the providence of the infinite.

So you have a lot more involved here than the usual knee-jerk reactions of an anti-Catholic sentiment,...since it might behoove you to discover,..there is more good in some religious organizations that you might have thought, with forces of both 'good' and 'evil' operating within such a network. A larger religious entity, can compared to the complexity of potentials and possibilities within an individual entity,....the microcosm reflecting the macrocosm, and so the metaphor of a 'body' is applied to a large community of individuals (or individual parts).

Note: my former commentaries on page 7 on Jesus saying "go and learn what this means",...is the most important point in this thread....if you want to understand and express the mercy of God....and thereby know Him.

pj

Zeke
March 30th, 2015, 08:56 PM
I think you can thank the RCC and the papacy for a good measure of your own 'Protestant doctrines',....so I wouldn't bite the tree that a lot of your own acorns fell down from :) - as far as 'paganism' goes,...well how wonderful of you to recognize that pagans (and those adepts versed in the 'ancient wisdom' teachings) had insight and knowledge of universal principles, the laws of nature and Spirit, before any organized religions either recognized the same or adopted them from these sources as wisdom proposed.

Consider that much of humanity subscribes to one religious 'program' or another, and could just as well change 'channels' at a whim or with further research or revelation, unless they are 'satisfied' with what that 'program' is doing for them, and a given community or the world at large. In this case, the RCC holds a major influence on many levels, social, religious and political, and even with some 'trappings' or 'potential evil' in such organizations (as exists within human nature in general)....still....the "heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord" (or something similar. It still holds that the belief prevails that 'God's ultimate will and provision....prevails in the end so all is working towards the ultimate good anyways'). So,...even 'evil' serves 'God', as all arises within the providence of the infinite.

So you have a lot more involved here than the usual knee-jerk reactions of an anti-Catholic sentiment,...since it might behoove you to discover,..there is more good in some religious organizations that you might have thought, with forces of both 'good' and 'evil' operating within such a network. A larger religious entity, can compared to the complexity of potentials and possibilities within an individual entity,....the microcosm reflecting the macrocosm, and so the metaphor of a 'body' is applied to a large community of individuals (or individual parts).

Note: my former commentaries on page 7 on Jesus saying "go and learn what this means",...is the most important point in this thread....if you want to understand and express the mercy of God....and thereby know Him.

pj

So true, yet the doctrine for lets say the lower class was the literal version cooked in Rome, a gullible stew sold on the fear market of those is power, yet those in the know followed the Esoteric interpretation of those they had killed, and their libraries burnt to the ground to hide to true meaning of scripture.

The reformation was still within the literal boundaries so they were still anchored in the Roman harbor even though they thought they had escaped on the high seas, their captain was still loyal to the Mother land behind the scenes.

The Gnostic sway during the first three centuries had to be silenced and silenced they did with force and guile, with blood being their currency of choice, and denial a bed fellow that put to sleep billions buying into the dogma.

OCTOBER23
March 30th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Protestants are just a daughter of the Catholic Church

because they Keep Sunday and Christmas and Easter which God hates.

Christians are supposed to keep PASSOVER which JESUS says to keep.

------------------------------------------------
Revelation 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
Revelation 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

Jeremiah 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree

out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

freelight
March 30th, 2015, 09:32 PM
So true, yet the doctrine for lets say the lower class was the literal version cooked in Rome, a gullible stew sold on the fear market of those is power, yet those in the know followed the Esoteric interpretation of those they had killed, and their libraries burnt to the ground to hide to true meaning of scripture.

The reformation was still within the literal boundaries so they were still anchored in the Roman harbor even though they thought they had escaped on the high seas, their captain was still loyal to the Mother land behind the scenes.

The Gnostic sway during the first three centuries had to be silenced and silenced they did with force and guile, with blood being their currency of choice, and denial a bed fellow that put to sleep billions buying into the dogma.

The true gnostic of heart and soul in the divine knowledge and universal wisdom ever holds to the fundamental truths and principles, the laws of nature and spirit. While religious organizations hold their power-structures,...it is the challenge of their leaders and members to allow the inner teachings and esoteric truth of scripture and religious concepts to inspire, illuminate and empower the people.

Again,...will the 'religious' folks here give heed to Jesus word? Will they go and learn what this means? "I desire mercy and not sacrifice,...the knowledge of God over burnt offerings'. God is looking at the heart, soul and will,.....seeking truth in the inward parts. This transcends the mechanics of religion and goes to the heart.

pj

dialm
March 31st, 2015, 12:31 AM
I drink the coffee
and
still don't know what you are talking about

You don't know what I'm talking about?

Ok. I will take you at your word.

You have titled this thread 'mercy'. Show me the money. You got to show me the catholic mercy before you get any coffee. Your credit is no good. Show me the money.

chrysostom
March 31st, 2015, 04:34 AM
I heard a priest say this much better than I can

at the end of my life
I will not be looking for justice or approval
I will be looking for mercy

God's Truth
March 31st, 2015, 08:44 PM
10-23,

Can you imagine how evil people would be if they could not die physically?

freelight
March 31st, 2015, 09:56 PM
Can you imagine how evil people would be if they could not die physically?

I don't know if physical death necessarily detours any soul from sinning, not quite following your logic here. Whether one dies physically or continues on in some soul-spirit form,...the law of karma still holds, since all actions have consequences (cause/effect). One is ever reaping what he sows,...this law (karma; or the 'law of compensation') is universal, as long there is 'action' of any kind. Its a law of nature....at least in any realm of 'conditional existence'.

pj

God's Truth
March 31st, 2015, 11:11 PM
I don't know if physical death necessarily detours any soul from sinning, not quite following your logic here. Whether one dies physically or continues on in some soul-spirit form,...the law of karma still holds, since all actions have consequences (cause/effect). One is ever reaping what he sows,...this law (karma; or the 'law of compensation') is universal, as long there is 'action' of any kind. Its a law of nature....at least in any realm of 'conditional existence'.

pj

Think of an evil person. Now think of that person living forever. Think of all the evil people that ever lived still here and more evil people being born every day and living forever. Imagine a world like that.

Don't you think that death is humbling? Don't you think death can detour some people from being evil?

As for karma, it is not biblical. When the Bible speaks of reaping what we sow it is about the life hereafter. Good things happen to bad people, and bad things happen to good people; not everyone deserves what they get in this life.

freelight
April 1st, 2015, 12:36 AM
Think of an evil person. Now think of that person living forever. Think of all the evil people that ever lived still here and more evil people being born every day and living forever. Imagine a world like that.

Hi GT,....while one may entertain the thought of evil people living forever, we must take into account the potential and possibility of souls 'repenting' of their evil ways. - unless you're assuming that these evil people are somehow eternally bound to be 'evil' in nature and conduct. All souls still have the 'light', 'image', 'likeness', 'essence' of 'God' within them, since their very 'being' is sustained by 'God', since nothing can 'be' or 'live' outside of God the Infinite, who is also omnipresent. So, you have these 'factors' to consider or resolve, before assuming that a world CAN exist that is wholly evil, where 'evil' people exist and cannot ever repent or change. Assuming that people can be 'evil' forever, also rejects the concept of spiritual evolution and eternal progression of souls. It basically defeats the purpose of life.

Don't you think that death is humbling? Don't you think death can detour some people from being evil?

I don't see physical death as humbling evil people, except that unless they have a belief in the afterlife, it might mean life/consciousness just ends with the material body disintegrating. From a spiritualist perspective,...since there is really no death (all spirit-souls continue on in consciousness after the physical body dies)...souls continue on in their journey in the astral and spirit-realms....so that their 'karma'(actions) and their consequences ever follow after them, and must be atoned for. Such is the law of responsibility. This is a universal law (we can also call it the 'law of compensation'; 'law of retribution', etc.) It holds as long as any soul is alive/conscious and can act in any way, since all action has corresponding re-actions (consequences/effects).

As for karma, it is not biblical.

See the above. The law of action and consequences (cause/effect, sowing/reaping) underlies all movements, whether you don't see any immediate effects from actions, since some effects do not manifest until other factors of 'time' and 'circumstance' allow for their appearing, but all actions must bear their fruit at some point in time. Remember, 'karma' means 'action'. The principle is found in the Bible, other religious/philosophical writings from antiquity, because this is a law of nature that is self-evident, rational and logical to human experience. A better understanding of 'karma' is essential here, with proper research, instead of a dismissal of it by presumption or ignorance.

When the Bible speaks of reaping what we sow it is about the life hereafter.

This is not true, but assumed,...since the scriptures teach that all actions have consequences for good or bad, and souls reap the harvest of what they sow,.....'measure for measure'...in this life and in the next, whenever the fruit of such actions are ready to be born. Remember,...souls continue to reap what they sow, in this life, and in all lives, in all realms where there is activity of any kind. As long as the conditioning of 'mind' (choice, free will) exists and where actions can be performed,....there is 'karma'.

Good things happen to bad people, and bad things happen to good people; not everyone deserves what they get in this life.

Sure, so it seems, as we all take on some of the negative karmic influences or effects that disperse in the world (that seem to be not our 'responsibility'), among our various relationships, and in this 'network' cannot help sometimes to suffer as a result of such 'inter-actions' with other and situations we find ourselves in. However how can we not know that some of the things we experience where not a result of actions in our past life-experiences, that we are 'meeting' us to be dealt with? There may not be effects of some actions until many years or life-times later.

As far as people not getting what they deserve in life, that can seem to work both towards good and evil results, but I believe there is ultimately justice rendered in the universe although we may not see it come to pass in a certain or prolonged period of time, until all things are 'compensated' for in the time that is ripe for such actions to be reconciled. Karma holds for us a more rational view of the soul's eternal progress thru 'experience' and 'learning' via 'evolution', than just a pat n dry concept of going to either 'heaven' or 'hell' when you die, ONLY getting the reward for your deeds AFTER you die,...this is non-sensical since karma is a law ever at work, as long as you are living and doing anything. Only if you were to wholly DIE, become 'nothing', disintegrate as a conscious entity, dissolve your soul-essence into oblivion, no long 'be',.....would there exist no more karma for you, since there being no activity there is no more effect or consequence for anything, there is just NOTHING. - follow?

Anyways,...this may be a concept needing further research if interested. A narrow view of what is 'biblical' does not always see the bigger picture from both a cosmic and individual perspective, but no matter,....as long as you can ACT....there are laws that govern the outcomes, effects and consequences of such actions. If you deny such, you deny reason and logic.

See: Karma: the law of order and opportunity (https://www.theosophical.org/online-resources/leaflets/25-online-resources/online-leaflets/1799-karma-the-law-of-order-and-opportunity)

pj

God's Truth
April 1st, 2015, 12:45 AM
Hi GT,....while one may entertain the thought of evil people living forever, we must take into account the potential and possibility of souls 'repenting' of their evil ways. - unless you're assuming that these evil people are somehow eternally bound to be 'evil' in nature and conduct. All souls still have the 'light', 'image', 'likeness', 'essence' of 'God' within them, since their very 'being' is sustained by 'God', since nothing can 'be' or 'live' outside of God the Infinite, who is also omnipresent. So, you have these 'factors' to consider or resolve, before assuming that a world CAN exist that is wholly evil, where 'evil' people exist and cannot ever repent or change. Assuming that people can be 'evil' forever, also rejects the concept of spiritual evolution and eternal progression of souls. It basically defeats the purpose of life.

I don't see physical death as humbling evil people, except that unless they have a belief in the afterlife, it might mean life/consciousness just ends with the material body disintegrating. From a spiritualist perspective,...since there is really no death (all spirit-souls continue on in consciousness after the physical body dies)...souls continue on in their journey in the astral and spirit-realms....so that their 'karma'(actions) and their consequences ever follow after them, and must be atoned for. Such is the law of responsibility. This is a universal law (we can also call it the 'law of compensation'; 'law of retribution', etc.) It holds as long as any soul is alive/conscious and can act in any way, since all action has corresponding re-actions (consequences/effects).

See the above. The law of action and consequences (cause/effect, sowing/reaping) underlies all movements, whether you don't see any immediate effects from actions, since some effects do not manifest until other factors of 'time' and 'circumstance' allow for their appearing, but all actions must bear their fruit at some point in time. Remember, 'karma' means 'action'. The principle is found in the Bible, other religious/philosophical writings from antiquity, because this is a law of nature that is self-evident, rational and logical to human experience. A better understanding of 'karma' is essential here, with proper research, instead of a dismissal of it by presumption or ignorance.

This is not true, but assumed,...since the scriptures teach that all actions have consequences for good or bad, and souls reap the harvest of what they sow,.....'measure for measure'...in this life and in the next, whenever the fruit of such actions are ready to be born. Remember,...souls continue to reap what they sow, in this life, and in all lives, in all realms where there is activity of any kind. As long as the conditioning of 'mind' (choice, free will) exists and where actions can be performed,....there is 'karma'.

Sure, so it seems, as we all take on some of the negative karmic influences or effects that disperse in the world (that seem to be not our 'responsibility'), among our various relationships, and in this 'network' cannot help sometimes to suffer as a result of such 'inter-actions' with other and situations we find ourselves in. However how can we not know that some of the things we experience where not a result of actions in our past life-experiences, that we are 'meeting' us to be dealt with? There may not be effects of some actions until many years or life-times later.

As far as people not getting what they deserve in life, that can seem to work both towards good and evil results, but I believe there is ultimately justice rendered in the universe although we may not see it come to pass in a certain or prolonged period of time, until all things are 'compensated' for in the time that is ripe for such actions to be reconciled. Karma holds for us a more rational view of the soul's eternal progress thru 'experience' and 'learning' via 'evolution', than just a pat n dry concept of going to either 'heaven' or 'hell' when you die, ONLY getting the reward for your deeds AFTER you die,...this is non-sensical since karma is a law ever at work, as long as you are living and doing anything. Only if you were to wholly DIE, become 'nothing', disintegrate as a conscious entity, dissolve your soul-essence into oblivion, no long 'be',.....would there exist no more karma for you, since there being no activity there is no more effect or consequence for anything, there is just NOTHING. - follow?

Anyways,...this may be a concept needing further research if interested. A narrow view of what is 'biblical' does not always see the bigger picture from both a cosmic and individual perspective, but no matter,....as long as you can ACT....there are laws that govern the outcomes, effects and consequences of such actions. If you deny such, you deny reason and logic.

See: Karma: the law of order and opportunity (https://www.theosophical.org/online-resources/leaflets/25-online-resources/online-leaflets/1799-karma-the-law-of-order-and-opportunity)

pj

I do not entertain thoughts about what other religions believe.

freelight
April 1st, 2015, 12:54 AM
I do not entertain thoughts about what other religions believe.

That's fine, the info. may help to illumine and inform others interested in the subject.

God's mercy endures forever, we ought to rejoice in that :)

We also have a responsibility to co-operate with that mercy.

pj

intojoy
April 1st, 2015, 04:58 AM

~~~~~

Too shallow

chrysostom
April 1st, 2015, 05:07 AM
Lord have mercy on me

a great prayer
that
says it all

intojoy
April 1st, 2015, 05:44 AM
that is nice
but
please tell me

what did you deserve?

Jesus answered him, “What I am doing you do not understand now,
A SYMBOLIC LESSON NOT TO BE UNDERSTOOD TONIGHT

but afterward you will understand.”
SEE JOHNS EPISTLES

Peter said to him, “You shall never wash my feet.”
HANDS WASHED AT PASSOVER - NOT THE FEET - PETER IS PISSED

Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no share with me.”
GRACE BATH

Jesus said to him, “The one who has bathed GRACE BATHED does not need to wash, NOT NEEDFUL OF SALVATION

except for his feet,
EARTHLY WALK REQUIRED DAILY CLEANIN

but is completely clean.
SAVED

And you are clean, but not every one of you.” (*John‬ *13‬:*7-8, 10‬ ESV)

MERCY FOR ALREADY SAVED:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (*1 John‬ *1‬:*9‬ ESV)

chrysostom
April 1st, 2015, 05:55 AM
MERCY FOR ALREADY SAVED:

who needs mercy
if
you are already saved?

Gurucam
April 1st, 2015, 06:15 AM

262 times in the bible

"262 times" does not suggest that mercy is unlimited. (There are revelations which confirm that many are called and few chosen, what a man sow that shall he reap, etc.)

At least one transgression is not at all subject-able to mercy at any time or place.

Matthews: 12 KJV N.T.
31. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Jesus is spoken of in the above as the 'son of man'. In this format Jesus is the man who walk on earth in a human physical body. In this format Jesus is 'seen' and temporal. One can blaspheme Jesus in this format and one might be forgiven. Also one can also blaspheme the things which Jesus said, did and established when he was in this physical format and one might be forgiven.

However Jesus is also the Son of God. This is Jesus clad only in His Spirit body. In this format Jesus in not seen' and eternal. Only Paul discerned Jesus in this format and his commission was anchored on this Spirit, Son of God, format of the Lord Jesus. In this format Jesus is entitled to all considerations and declarations which are accrued to the Holy Ghost. Blaspheme of Paul and his commission is not forgivable, at any place and/or time.

Are you guys promoting that you can forgive any and all transgressions?

Indeed how does mercy fit into your theology? In fact, how did mercy ever fit into your theology? What do you perceive your 'Jesus given', power and authority to be?

A reply would be greatly appreciated.

Gurucam
April 1st, 2015, 07:44 AM

lord have mercy on me

The billions who pray are not Christians. They are simply called be Christians. They are not chosen. The Lord's pray was not given for Christians. The Lord pray is like the law and canons etc.. They are given to manage and control the masses, until they become Christians.

Only those (the billion or so) who are called to be Christians (these include Catholics) pray or are required to pray. They are under law and not under Spirit. They are not Christians. They are aspiring to be Christian. They are simply called but not yet chosen.

Christian are children of God. They are the chosen few. They do not pray. They recognize that (because of their infirmities) they do not know what to pray for, say and do. So they do not pray for anything. They are simply led into all their works by precisely what the Spirit of Jesus/Spirit of Truth has in mind for each of them to know, pray for, say and do as discerned within each of their own (individual) hearts or spirit. The Spirit of the Lord Jesus lead them into every thing without the need for them to pray. And they do get everything (no holds bared) better than if they had prayed for same.

In this way they miraculously express and fulfill the material and other, ideas, beliefs, interests, needs desires and aspirations which are the fabric of their own spirit while simultaneously doing the will of the living God, in perfect harmony.

Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Romans: 8 verse: 14 KJV N.T.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

2 Corinthians: 3 verse: 17 KJV N.T.
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
When one is Christian, (i.e. in Christ), one walks after the Spirit. One does not pray. One is led into everything by the Spirit. One simply obeys the Spirit unconditionally. This is to be Christian.

Chrysostom, it is time to defend your claims or simply stop promoting corruption. Stop denying and blaspheming the Spirit of the Lord Jesus. Since 2000 odd years ago, Jesus in His Spirit body is Lord. Jesus in his son of man body is no longer Lord, for Christians. It is only in this Spirit, Son of God, 'none physical, not seen and eternal' format that Jesus creates and sustains Christians (from ordinary humans). One who is in Christ naturally and spontaneously drop all churches (Catholic and others) and it leaders and laws, canons, doctrines and letters etc, in the same manner as one drops the law.

One who is onto Christ is onto direct person communion with the Spirit of the Lord Jesus and under Grace and not under laws, canons, church etc. One is led privately, individually internally and intuitively by the Spirit of the Lord Jesus though one's own individual hearts or spirits. And one has God given freedom, liberty and justification to transgress the law and canons and all other moral, social and religious ideals and laws and get no sin. But instead be glorified by God. This is the Gift that is given by God to those 'in Christ'.

However everyone is obliged to esteem and uphold the laws of their land and international laws.

And so be it.

intojoy
April 1st, 2015, 12:24 PM
who needs mercy

if

you are already saved?

You have to first be saved to know

chrysostom
April 12th, 2015, 10:01 AM
You have to first be saved to know

so talking to someone who is not saved is a waste of time?

do you all have a secret hand shake?

freelight
August 13th, 2015, 12:56 AM
Lord have mercy on me

a great prayer
that
says it all

good for starters ;)

pj