"Never be with a woman alone who is not your wife"

Thoughts

Yea. Garbage

intojoy
March 5th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Does anyone think this is a good practice? Cause I think it's unbiblical

Mocking You
March 5th, 2015, 07:52 PM
That's not his rule. His rule is preachers should never be alone with a woman who is not your wife behind closed doors. I'd say it's great advice.

Word based mystic
March 5th, 2015, 07:59 PM
like mocking said.

keeps the reputation of the woman and the man safe.
Stops rumors and speculation.
stops fathers from wanting to have a powerful discussion
prevents counselors from being in an awkward situation.

turbosixx
March 5th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Does anyone think this is a good practice? Cause I think it's unbiblical

Sure, it's not found in scripture, but I think it's a awesome practice.

2 Pt. 3:14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless,
Phil. 2:14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing; 15so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world,

Your intentions might be honorable, but maybe not hers. Just ask Joseph.

wordsponge
March 5th, 2015, 08:46 PM

Thoughts

He is a 3 part godd False Teacher.
He does not have a Helper (Jesus)
so he cannot control himself with a sister or...

intojoy
March 5th, 2015, 10:26 PM
That's not his rule. His rule is preachers should never be alone with a woman who is not your wife behind closed doors. I'd say it's great advice.

I'm behind closed doors with women not my wife and I have no temptation to not love them or love their husbands by not lusting after the husbands wives. Do you think you would axiomatically sin with a woman in this situation?

intojoy
March 5th, 2015, 10:27 PM

2 Pt. 3:14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless,

Phil. 2:14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing; 15so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world,

It assumes that a born again man can't be delivered from sexual lust. That my friend is a lie. I'm proof of it.

intojoy
March 5th, 2015, 10:29 PM
He is a 3 part godd False Teacher.

He does not have a Helper (Jesus)

so he cannot control himself with a sister or...

SpongeBob, Billy didn't suggest this because he thought he might get weak and stab the Lord, his wife, and children in the back.

intojoy
March 5th, 2015, 10:30 PM
You're showing your age bob

intojoy
March 5th, 2015, 10:42 PM
like mocking said.

keeps the reputation of the woman and the man safe.

REPUTATION TO WHO? THE BODY OR THE PEOPLE WHOM YESHUA SAID WOULD HATE THE BELIEVER?

Stops rumors and speculation.

THIS ASSUMES THAT EVERY WOMAN IS A HARLOT AND CANT BE TRUSTED

stops fathers from wanting to have a powerful discussion

prevents counselors from being in an awkward situation.

NOT AKWARD UNLESS HES LUSTIN

Dialogos
March 5th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Seems to have worked well for him, no?

In a landscape where prominent evangelical figures get caught in adultery like flies on fly paper Billy Graham (though not perfect) has never had a sex scandal has he?

Mocking You
March 5th, 2015, 10:48 PM
I'm behind closed doors with women not my wife and I have no temptation to not love them or love their husbands by not lusting after the husbands wives. Do you think you would axiomatically sin with a woman in this situation?

Are you a preacher? That's Billy Graham's rule. Avoid any appearance of compromising situation.

I have been alone with women, not my wife, and I have not sinned. That's not the point. Billy Graham's point is that preachers should not put themselves in a situation where someone could question what you were doing.

Truster
March 5th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Billy Graham is a false teacher, but this is good advice.

Does he do cooking tips?

patrick jane
March 5th, 2015, 11:55 PM

when we get behind closed doors. . . and she lets her hair fall down. . . i forgot the rest. i'm ugly so i never had to worry about it - :Patrol:

intojoy
March 6th, 2015, 02:57 AM
Are you a preacher? That's Billy Graham's rule. Avoid any appearance of compromising situation.

I have been alone with women, not my wife, and I have not sinned. That's not the point. Billy Graham's point is that preachers should not put themselves in a situation where someone could question what you were doing.

Agreed. However that was fifty years ago. Today this rule means that men can't be trustered
Truster

intojoy
March 6th, 2015, 02:59 AM
Seems to have worked well for him, no?

In a landscape where prominent evangelical figures get caught in adultery like flies on fly paper Billy Graham (though not perfect) has never had a sex scandal has he?

Who cares who's getting caught?
I've never been suprised by any of those guys. Matter of fact they make out to look like the model husband - lmbo

intojoy
March 6th, 2015, 03:00 AM

Why do you assume every woman is a Jezebel?

ebenz47037
March 6th, 2015, 05:21 AM

Thoughts

After being in a couple of churches where this sort of thing has ruined a pastor's life (because of rumors spread by someone in the church), I think this is a good idea. The last time I witnessed this happening, it tore the church apart. The pastor's marriage survived, thankfully, but about half the members of the church left when the pastor and his family did because they didn't believe the rumors. They went with him to his new church. I'm still in the same church. And, my current pastor won't have a woman who isn't his wife in his office unless the door is open or there is someone else in the office with them. Basically, he was warned about the people who spread the rumors about the other pastor and is avoiding the same thing happening to him.

turbosixx
March 6th, 2015, 05:24 AM
Why do you assume every woman is a Jezebel?

I never said that. Why do you assume every women is not a Jezebel? How did it work out for Joseph to be alone with Potiphar's wife?

chrysostom
March 6th, 2015, 05:26 AM

Thoughts

what about your mother or your daughter?

kmoney
March 6th, 2015, 05:26 AM

In what context are you behind closed doors with women?

Jonahdog
March 6th, 2015, 05:28 AM

Thoughts

stupid. I work with lots of women and are behind closed doors with them very often. Some are very attractive. So what? Am I tempted? No, we deal with each other on a professional basis.

chrysostom
March 6th, 2015, 05:30 AM
the church has a three person rule

Truster
March 6th, 2015, 05:38 AM
Agreed. However that was fifty years ago. Today this rule means that men can't be trustered
Truster

If you really understood sin and the power that sin has you wouldn't be so flippant. I put your comments down to ignorance with a hint of your usual malice for the truth.

Dialogos
March 6th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Who cares who's getting caught?
I've never been suprised by any of those guys. Matter of fact they make out to look like the model husband - lmbo

Good for you.

You appear to have your mind made up. If you are 100% sure that you can trust yourself completely, that you can trust every woman you might find yourself alone with implicitly and that you are 100% confident that a misunderstanding will never occur that might lead to questioning your integrity, then I guess there is no reason that someone as confident as yourself should consider employing the strategies of someone as cautious as Billy Graham.

The bible never commands such a thing so you are clearly free to choose not to take his advise.

I sincerely hope it works out for you and if it doesn't you have no one to blame but yourself.

intojoy
March 6th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Here is the issue, God has promised us that we can live fruitful mature victorious lives because of the power of the Holy Spirit. If we place a rule like this upon ourselves what we are doing is acting as if we are slaves to sin. My faith in God is that he will sustain my ministry. If rumors happen I leave it to him to protect me.

Furthermore I am commanded to love others as Christ loves. If I were to look at a brother's wife to lust for her then how is that loving my brother as God loves him? This is a simple commandment. If I lust after a single woman in the congregation how is that loving her as Christ does? Simple.

Without faith it is impossible to please God.

False Prophet
March 6th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Was it Pleistonax who said, "Woman brings two days of happiness to a man; the first day when he marries her, and the last day when he buries her."

intojoy
March 6th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Was it Pleistonax who said, "Woman brings two days of happiness to a man; the first day when he marries her, and the last day when he buries her."

Never trust a woman. Not even a dead one...

intojoy
March 12th, 2015, 11:29 PM
Never trust a woman. Not even a dead one...

End of thread

Lon
March 12th, 2015, 11:54 PM
what about your mother or your daughter?
:nono: They can both hurt me, I want witnesses! My daughter is 6'1" and my mother swings a mean cast iron skillets.

the church has a three person rule
:think: 3? What if it is my mother and daughter?

:chuckle:

dreadknought
March 13th, 2015, 12:23 AM
Does anyone think this is a good practice? Cause I think it's unbiblicalI just started reading this thread and stopped. A question: Are you a man or woman?

intojoy
March 13th, 2015, 12:33 AM
I just started reading this thread and stopped. A question: Are you a man or woman?

Man

Delmar
March 13th, 2015, 12:58 AM
Does anyone think this is a good practice? Cause I think it's unbiblicalIt is extra Biblical but not unbiblical.

:up:

dreadknought
March 13th, 2015, 01:08 AM
ManI feel Billy Graham's pain/sin. I'm uncomfortable in a room with a woman.

Delmar
March 13th, 2015, 01:17 AM

1 Corinthians 10:12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.

Totton Linnet
March 13th, 2015, 05:20 AM
It's men who are the innocents....they would not believe what wimmin say among themselves, they will say you tried it on, that is the least guaranteed thing they will say.

BG is wise.

Desert Reign
March 13th, 2015, 05:30 AM
I am against making rules because they deprive you of your sovereign right to act intelligently as the situation calls for. However, as general guidance, what BG says is very wise.

chrysostom
March 13th, 2015, 05:33 AM
I am against making rules because they deprive you of your sovereign right to act intelligently as the situation calls for. However, as general guidance, what BG says is very wise.

you not only have to make rules

you have to find people who will respect them

Puppet
March 13th, 2015, 05:59 AM

My female bosses would close the door in her office with me in it alone. Im sorry TOL still have conservative members. We ought to add a Muslim section here.

intojoy
March 13th, 2015, 12:14 PM
My female bosses would close the door in her office with me in it alone. Im sorry TOL still have conservative members. We ought to add a Muslim section here.

Anything exciting happen?

Mocking You
March 13th, 2015, 12:22 PM
My female bosses would close the door in her office with me in it alone.

Why'd she put you in her office all by yourself?

Puppet
March 13th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Why'd she put you in her office all by yourself?

So I can yell at her about my pay raise BS and me going home 5:30 sharp !

Puppet
March 13th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Anything exciting happen?

Rapid heartbeat, ears turn red, rashes broke out and laughing at unfunny jokes and uncontrollable winks.

intojoy
March 13th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Rapid heartbeat, ears turn red, rashes broke out and laughing at unfunny jokes and uncontrollable winks.

I need to repent now.

Dialogos
March 13th, 2015, 04:32 PM

My understanding of it is that this is something BG decided to do for himself and others have done so voluntarily.

To my knowledge, neither BG nor the BGEA require this of anyone.

I agree that extra-biblical rules are nonbinding.

intojoy
March 13th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Scripture teaches that we are sanctified and need not serve our old man the flesh. We have full assurance of faith that Christ in us can keep us from sin and failure. By placing a law for us to follow and testing our sin nature's resilience we are not operating in faith and are fallen from grace living. This is a recipe for failure.

Why would anyone want to think of their husband as a perpetually weak and ungodly failure? To do so is to deny the promise of God that our lives are new.

Nick M
March 13th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Billy Graham would not need interpreters if "Pentecostals" were still around.

elohiym
March 13th, 2015, 05:33 PM

Thoughts

Good advice for preachers.

patrick jane
March 13th, 2015, 05:35 PM
I feel Billy Graham's pain/sin. I'm uncomfortable in a room with a woman.

demons - :Patrol:

serpentdove
March 13th, 2015, 06:31 PM

Your intentions might be honorable, but maybe not hers. Just ask Joseph.Yes (Ge 39:12). It's good advice (Pr 5:4-5).

http://ubdavid.org/youthworld/winners2/graphics/10_joseph-flee.jpg

lNirFrMeRyw

serpentdove
March 13th, 2015, 06:42 PM
I just started reading this thread and stopped. A question: Are you a man or woman?

Does it matter? :rolleyes:

Perilous Times and Perilous Men

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth (2 Ti 3:1Ė7).

"2 Ti 3:6 gullible women [or men]. Weak in virtue and the knowledge of the truth, and weighed down with emotional and spiritual guilt over their sins, these women were easy prey for the deceitful false teachers. See notes on 1 Tim. 2:13, 14; 5:11, 12.

3:7 the knowledge of the truth. First Timothy 2:4 uses this same phrase, equating it with being saved. Here Paul identified those women (v. 6) and men who were often jumping from one false teacher or cult to another without ever coming to an understanding of Godís saving truth in Jesus Christ. The present age, since the coming of Jesus Christ, has been loaded with perilous false teaching that canít save, but does damn (cf. vv. 14, 16, 17; 1 Tim. 4:1)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1879). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Puppet
March 14th, 2015, 06:43 AM
I need to repent now.

Everyone needs to repent. Billy graham rule dont apply today cause there are laws about how men handle women. Back then we didn't have laws. Today we do. We go to jail for rape or attacking women. The law takes care of the billy graham rule but the fundamental uncontrollable cant handle themselves and blame God for women

intojoy
March 17th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Everyone needs to repent. Billy graham rule dont apply today cause there are laws about how men handle women. Back then we didn't have laws. Today we do. We go to jail for rape or attacking women. The law takes care of the billy graham rule but the fundamental uncontrollable cant handle themselves and blame God for women

I trust myself as much as Joseph because of the Indwelling Spirit of God.

intojoy
September 29th, 2015, 04:53 AM
I remember years ago a female client asked to speak to me about business and suggested we get a beer from a local brewery. Sounded good to me. However now my wife would never allow me to do this but back then..,oh yea I was in my prime and didn't care. But I didn't lust or get tempted to cheat on my wife.

So what's this stupid idea about not being alone with a member of the opposite sex? Someone should slap the person who thinks that the Billy Grahm rule is a sign of spiritual strength! It's a sign of a loser.

This Charming Manc
September 29th, 2015, 05:12 AM
I think its about context, I probably have 4 or 5 one on one business meeting with women a day.

However I wouldn't go out for a drink one and one with them after work.

There is a truth in there somewhere.

Huckleberry
September 29th, 2015, 05:28 AM
So what's this stupid idea about not being alone with a member of the opposite sex? Someone should slap the person who thinks that the Billy Grahm rule is a sign of spiritual strength! It's a sign of a loser.

I see you make the assumption time and again throughout the thread that the main reason for this rule is to avoid temptation. Why is that? I would assume it would be primarily just to avoid the appearance of misconduct or protect oneself from false accusations and such.

For that...yeah, I think it's very good advice. I've told my son this many times. Avoid being alone with a girl you don't (at least) know and trust.

themuzicman
September 29th, 2015, 06:01 AM
It assumes that a born again man can't be delivered from sexual lust. That my friend is a lie. I'm proof of it.

It has nothing to do with lust. It has everything to do with evil people who want to attack those working for the kingdom of God by making false accusations that cannot be proven false.

aCultureWarrior
September 29th, 2015, 06:16 AM
I remember years ago a female client asked to speak to me about business and suggested we get a beer from a local brewery. Sounded good to me. However now my wife would never allow me to do this but back then..,oh yea I was in my prime and didn't care. But I didn't lust or get tempted to cheat on my wife.

It appears that you don't even understand the OP of your own thread.

Keyword "alone".

separate, apart, or isolated from others
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alone

There's a huge difference between having a meeting over a beer in a brewery and having that same meeting in her hotel room.

intojoy
November 4th, 2015, 02:29 AM
Good for you.

You appear to have your mind made up. If you are 100% sure that you can trust yourself completely, that you can trust every woman you might find yourself alone with implicitly and that you are 100% confident that a misunderstanding will never occur that might lead to questioning your integrity, then I guess there is no reason that someone as confident as yourself should consider employing the strategies of someone as cautious as Billy Graham.

The bible never commands such a thing so you are clearly free to choose not to take his advise.

I sincerely hope it works out for you and if it doesn't you have no one to blame but yourself.

Actually yes I can keep it in my lavalava.
But if I were lucky and some beautiful gal threw herself at me, I guess I'd get a cheap thrill.

The reality is that it is not the monk who lives in the woods away from society that has strength. That would be a sign of weakness.

It's the Christian who lives in the midst of the world and keeps himself pure who is the stronger brother.

The bully Grahm rule is an admission of absolute weakness and is a terrible witness to weaker brothers

patrick jane
November 4th, 2015, 03:34 AM
Actually yes I can keep it in my lavalava.
But if I were lucky and some beautiful gal threw herself at me, I guess I'd get a cheap thrill.

The reality is that it is not the monk who lives in the woods away from society that has strength. That would be a sign of weakness.

It's the Christian who lives in the midst of the world and keeps himself pure who is the stronger brother.

The bully Grahm rule is an admission of absolute weakness and is a terrible witness to weaker brothers

good answer

intojoy
June 3rd, 2016, 02:06 AM

Thoughts

This is pathetic with a capital P!
What kind of weak suck Christian brothers are we if we can't be trusted to go out alone with women other than our wives?

You guys can play that weak game. I'm not. I have been made new.

Put a little love in your hearts. Hate is for sukkahs.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=78367)