PDA

View Full Version : "You think" you posses eternal life.

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 04:56 AM
John 5:39-40New International Version (NIV)

39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Jesus does not endorse studying the scripture like most of you do, and so proud of doing it.

Take look at most of you fighting over scripture and don't honor Jesus' simple teachings and commands.

musterion
January 31st, 2015, 05:09 AM
Why are you even here?

Totton Linnet
January 31st, 2015, 05:14 AM
Why are you even here?

She is here because the spirit of Cain is upon her, who hated his brother and slew him.

musterion
January 31st, 2015, 06:40 AM
Romans 8:2, when correctly read, is a most blessed passage of Scripture. To get the sense we should place a dash between the words “Spirit” and “of.” Thus it would read: “For the law of the Spirit — of life in Christ Jesus, hath made me free from the law of sin and death.”

When a sinner places his trust in Christ as Savior he is justified before the bar of God, because Christ’s death and righteousness are imputed to him. This is a judicial matter.

But at the same moment something else happens: the Spirit regenerates and gives new life (Tit. 3:5). This is a law, an inexorable, unchangeable law. The sinner who sincerely places his trust in Christ as Savior is given life by the Holy Spirit. It is always so; it is never otherwise.

I John 5:12 says: “He that hath the Son hath life….” John 3:36 says that “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life” and Col. 3:3 declares that the believer’s life is “hid with Christ in God.”

Thus the Apostle could say: “The law of the Spirit, [that of] life in Christ, hath made me free from the law of sin and death.” Adam forfeited his life by sin, but the believer’s new life can never be forfeited, for this life is nothing less than the life of Christ, in whom the believer now stands perfect and complete before God.

It is a law, a fixed unchangeable law, that sin brings forth death (Rom. 5:12; 6:23; et al). This is called “the law of sin and death,” but the believer has already died for sin in Christ and has been given new life by the Spirit. Thus “the law of the Spirit,” that of “life in Christ,” has made the simplest believer “free from the law of sin and death.”

Thank God for “the law of the Spirit,” everlasting life through the Lord Jesus Christ, who died for our sins.

C.R. Stam

TulipBee
January 31st, 2015, 06:58 AM
Why are you even here?

The uneducateds

chrysostom
January 31st, 2015, 07:06 AM
intellectual idiots
are
educated

oatmeal
January 31st, 2015, 07:07 AM
Jesus does not endorse studying the scripture like most of you do, and so proud of doing it.

Take look at most of you fighting over scripture and don't honor Jesus' simple teachings and commands.

You have a problem with studying scripture.

We are expected to learn and live.

Ephesians 4:15

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 07:19 AM

That's what Paul, your lord says, not Jesus, my Lord.

read OP Jesus' word.

chrysostom
January 31st, 2015, 07:19 AM

don't forget the love part

musterion
January 31st, 2015, 07:54 AM
intellectual idiots
are
educated

Meshak is impressed with your cleverness. She said so on another thread.

Grosnick Marowbe
January 31st, 2015, 08:17 AM
Why are you even here?

That's the question of the hour? She ought to receive, "The Most
Annoying Poster Ever, Award?"

Grosnick Marowbe
January 31st, 2015, 08:20 AM

She ONLY trusts in, Matthew, and Mark! She doesn't trust
the rest of the Bible!

Grosnick Marowbe
January 31st, 2015, 08:23 AM

So, you're saying that, Jesus doesn't want us to read the Bible, right?

Perhaps, you ought to make up a giant poster and stand on the sidewalk where you live that says; "JESUS DOESN'T
WANT YOU TO READ AND STUDY THE BIBLE!"

Grosnick Marowbe
January 31st, 2015, 08:33 AM
Hey Meshak, the media might hear about you and cover
the whole event? You may even end up being invited on
to one of the talk shows? Don't forget to wear your "famous
glasses" and keep smiling like you do in your avatar!

musterion
January 31st, 2015, 08:36 AM
Meshak (whoever/whatever Meshak really is) is a cult leader in search of members.

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 10:13 AM

39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Totton Linnet
January 31st, 2015, 01:01 PM
First she dumped Paul then John, then Psalms and now she has dumped the whole bible.

musterion
January 31st, 2015, 01:04 PM
She never believed it anyway.

Grosnick Marowbe
January 31st, 2015, 01:36 PM
First she dumped Paul then John, then Psalms and now she has dumped the whole bible.

The last I heard she only accepts; Matthew and Mark!
That's it though!

Totton Linnet
January 31st, 2015, 01:46 PM
She never believed it anyway.

It is because she disobeys it's simple teachings

Nick M
January 31st, 2015, 02:04 PM
Why are you even here?

Because she is a godless witch who wants to pull people from the faith. You aren't one of those who thinks she is just "wrong" are you? You think she has an aptitude problem and is an idiot? I don't. She knows what she is doing.

Bright Raven
January 31st, 2015, 02:12 PM

This is Paul, writing under the influence of the Holy Ghost:

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Oh that"s right. You do not believe in the inspired writings of Paul. You need to rip Romans through Philemon out of your bible and be done with it.

Totton Linnet
January 31st, 2015, 02:15 PM
Because she is a godless witch who wants to pull people from the faith. You aren't one of those who thinks she is just "wrong" are you? You think she has an aptitude problem and is an idiot? I don't. She knows what she is doing.

Yes she knows what she is doing.

musterion
January 31st, 2015, 02:25 PM
Because she is a godless witch who wants to pull people from the faith.

True...kind of.

You aren't one of those who thinks she is just "wrong" are you?Not exactly.

You think she has an aptitude problem and is an idiot?One of her personae, yes. It's demented.

I don't. She knows what she is doing.That's the problem. Which "Meshak" do you mean?

I don't think v.1 is deliberate because she doesn't seem capable of thinking on that high a level. V.1 is pretty much an idiot, by choice: stubborn, closed-minded, uninterested in real conversation, initally flattering but invariably treacherous. A hater of God and Christ who wants Them to accept her on her terms. A literal heathen.

Meshak v.2 - the person who occasionally posts for her - is different. More detached, more rational, less emotional, more engaging and far better vocab than the original. V.2 seems to exist only to give v.1 a break every now and then, or to extricate v.1 out of a jam. V.2 doesn't get very deeply involved (whereas v.1 is incapable of doing so) and never stays around long.

Point is, I'm still convinced there's a lot more going on with "Meshak" than we'll likely ever know. Whatever else she/they are, Meshak is a fool who wants to pull people to Meshak. Reason? Because she has no one in real life, is my guess.

I just don't think she has the wits to be as deliberate about it as you say. You give her too much credit for that.

But she's still evil and to be opposed as such.

Aimiel
January 31st, 2015, 02:33 PM
She is here because the spirit of Cain is upon her, who hated his brother and slew him.Amen! :thumb:

Ben Masada
January 31st, 2015, 03:30 PM

Jews do not believe in eternal life. The reason why Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden was to prevent them from eating of the tree of life and live forever. (Gen. 3:22,23) The attribute of eternal life belongs with God only and no one else. Then, with Paul it became a Gentile delusion. The only thing eternal about man is death.

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 03:47 PM
This is Paul, writing under the influence of the Holy Ghost:

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Oh that"s right. You do not believe in the inspired writings of Paul. You need to rip Romans through Philemon out of your bible and be done with it.

Sorry, I take Jesus' word over Paul.

Jesus is my Lord, not Paul.

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 04:05 PM
Tam, you are so busy giving out neg reps.

It is so you.

Bright Raven
January 31st, 2015, 04:20 PM

Never said he wasn't. You still need to come to the realization that Paul was Jesus chosen one to spread the gospel. He received the Gospel from revelation through Jesus Christ

Acts 9:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Galatians 1:11-12 King James Version (KJV)

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Angel4Truth
January 31st, 2015, 04:22 PM
Why are you even here?

To do the bidding of her master.

Angel4Truth
January 31st, 2015, 04:24 PM

Too bad you cant read well, look at your own verse, it disputes what you just said.

John 5:39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about Me, 40 yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.

Jesus didnt say over and over and over as it is written, because he didnt want us to know the scriptures, you wicked thing.

He said just knowing the scriptures doesn't grant eternal life, He does.

Just like your just knowing some nt scriptures while you throw out the rest, doesnt grant you eternal life either, wretch.

You have to come to Him in Spirit and Truth and receive His grace, you cannot earn it, ever. You miss that Christ was telling them the same thing i just said to you.

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 04:26 PM
Never said he wasn't. You still need to come to the realization that Paul was Jesus chosen one to spread the gospel.

sorry, Jesus is the Teacher. He made that clear. You dismiss His own word.

Jesus said don't let anyone call you a teacher because He is the teacher.

Angel4Truth
January 31st, 2015, 04:27 PM
sorry, Jesus is the Teacher. He made that clear. You dismiss His worn word.

how sad.

You lie about His word and about Him, claiming He doesnt endorse you reading His word, devil.

That is a doctrine of demons you just taught.

Bright Raven
January 31st, 2015, 04:31 PM
sorry, Jesus is the Teacher. He made that clear. You dismiss His worn word.

how sad.

No, how sad. Your stubbornness truncates your ability to learn. You throw out this scripture.

Acts 9:15King James Version (KJV)

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Notice the phrase is in RED, Jesus speaking. You doubt his ability to choose who would be his chosen vessel to spread the Gospel to the Gentiles.

Angel4Truth
January 31st, 2015, 04:32 PM
No, how sad. Your stubbornness truncates your ability to learn. You throw out this scripture.

Notice the phrase is in RED, Jesus speaking. You doubt his ability to choose who would be his chosen vessel to spread the Gospel to the Gentiles.

She doesnt care what Jesus said, unless its written in matthew, mark and luke, she rejects the book of John and everything past it.

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Blasphemy, to claim that Jesus doesnt endorse people to study the scriptures.

This is A4T's report about my claim.

She goes to report when she cannot refute my claim.

How childish and claiming to be true and saved Christian.

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 04:34 PM

Your interpretation is out of context with other Jesus' word.

Jesus said clearly He is the Teacher, not anyone else.

Angel4Truth
January 31st, 2015, 04:35 PM
This is A4T's report about my claim.

She goes to report when she cannot refute my claim.

How childish and claiming to be true and saved Christian.

Devil, answer my posts instead of lying that you have me on ignore.

You wont answer my posts because you cant, your demon cant handle the truth

All that demon can do is lie about the Word.

I did refute your claim, how would you know what i did since you claim you cant see my posts?

See how i just proved you a liar?

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 04:37 PM
Paul was used when Jesus' word was not spread by His apostles.

Now we have Jesus' own word, there is no need for Paul's teachings.

I know you don't accept Jesus' word, and it is nothing new.
You don't honor His teachings to practice either.

Angel4Truth
January 31st, 2015, 04:39 PM
Yeah coward, i didnt think you would answer my posts. Better get one of your others (legion) to come on here and adress my refute of your op.

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 04:41 PM
Jesus is the Lord and the Teacher, not Paul.

truthjourney
January 31st, 2015, 04:43 PM

The scriptures also give us encouragement and comfort and thereby strengthens our hope and gives us patience and endurance in addition for our teaching.
Rom. 15:4 For everything that is written from ancient times is written for our teaching, that by patience and by comfort of the Scriptures we should have hope.

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 04:44 PM
The scriptures also give us encouragement and comfort and thereby strengthens our hope and gives us patience and endurance in addition for our teaching.
Rom. 15:4 For everything that is written from ancient times is written for our teaching, that by patience and by comfort of the Scriptures we should have hope.

What does this have to do with OP verse?

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 04:47 PM
Report away when you cannot refute the claim.

so sad.

truthjourney
January 31st, 2015, 04:49 PM
What does this have to do with OP verse?
It is one of the main reasons why I read and study the scriptures.

Bright Raven
January 31st, 2015, 04:50 PM
Jesus is the Lord and the Teacher, not Paul.

You are lost and unteachable :loser: If it were not for Paul you would not be saved.

Angel4Truth
January 31st, 2015, 04:50 PM
Jesus on the scriptures, which shows me-hacks op a lie:

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

Matthew 22:29
But Jesus answered them, “You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God.

Matthew 5:18
For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Matthew 4:4
But He answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

John 7:37-38
On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”

I can post loads and loads more where Jesus directly referenced the scriptures and called them down for not knowing them, you hack, but these are well enough to have thoroughly shown you for the liar you are.

Oh and you can claim you havent been refuted all day at the same time as claiming i am on your ignore (which is a stupid thing to claim anyway since others can see you were refuted and makes you look like a nutcase) :wave:

Report away when you cannot refute the claim.

so sad.

People can see that this is my third refute of your op, you look like a fool with your claims.

Angel4Truth
January 31st, 2015, 04:53 PM
You are lost and unteachable :loser:

yes, and the only reason i respond to her at all, is so her so called readers she claims follow her here, can see her for the hack she is and see the truth of the word of God to lead to salvation.

Lazy afternoon
January 31st, 2015, 05:05 PM
You are lost and unteachable :loser: If it were not for Paul you would not be saved.

No.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Lazy afternoon
January 31st, 2015, 05:08 PM
yes, and the only reason i respond to her at all, is so her so called readers she claims follow her here, can see her for the hack she is and see the truth of the word of God to lead to salvation.

The only reason you respond is because you get easily sucked in, and it presents you with an opportunity to make yourself look good in your own eyes.

The OP refers to people like you and you do not like it.

LA

Bright Raven
January 31st, 2015, 05:09 PM
No.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

:chuckle: What Missionary Journeys did the 12 take. Please list them especially the Journeys they took to evangelize the Gentiles.

oatmeal
January 31st, 2015, 05:10 PM

read OP Jesus' word.

Well, I don't just think I have eternal life, I know it. I John 5:13

Since I have received the gift of eternal life, Romans 6:23, it behooves me to use it for God's purposes.

In order to do that, I must read the instructions.

Lazy afternoon
January 31st, 2015, 05:11 PM
She is here because the spirit of Cain is upon her, who hated his brother and slew him.

You are accusing Meshak of being a murderer.

That is a serious charge, especially as Jesus said many of the same things of the OP.

LA

Bright Raven
January 31st, 2015, 05:17 PM

That is a serious charge, especially as Jesus said many of the same things of the OP.

LA

And your problem with that is? Mine is she teaches heresy.

Lazy afternoon
January 31st, 2015, 05:32 PM
:chuckle: What Missionary Journeys did the 12 take. Please list them especially the Journeys they took to evangelize the Gentiles.

By about AD 135 the whole land of Judea was emptied out by the Romans.

All peoples who were not killed, were scattered everywhere, which was the case for the first 3000 who were from the many surrounding nations.

The gospel was in Rome and beyond before Paul went there.

and in Ethiopia--

Act 8:27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Even the remnant of the worshippers of Daniels time in Persia knew about Jesus and we have no doubt that those early filled with the Spirit believers went there also with and commanded by the Spirit.

Jesus was not much of a secret . He did not want the crowds, many of whom were sign seekers and skeptics to hinder His mission, for even the man He told to tell no one, straight way told people everywhere.

It was the carrying of the Holy Spirit by those who had received it into all the world which was the mission of the early church.

The idea that one can become a Christian by believing a few verses of the Bible is just falsehood.

LA

drbrumley
January 31st, 2015, 05:33 PM

Have you lost your mind err.....hat?

Totton Linnet
January 31st, 2015, 05:36 PM

LA

Yes but He didn't say it to the church see, that is where you, shackles and folk like you are so dull. He said it to those who came up against Him and His disciples.

To the church He said "love one another"

John says if someone says they love God who they have not seen but hates his brother who he has seen he is a liar. He goes on to say....

The Spirit of Almighty God goes on to say that he who hateth the brethren are like Cain who hated his brother and slew him, we know that no murderer has eternal life dwelling in him.

When shackles [or anybody else] is sat there day after day pouring hate and vitriol on the church God says they are like Cain. So it is a serious charge but it is God who makes it.

You see shackles can only do as much as the law of the land enables her to do...print her hatred of the church in words. Be sure of this, if it were the fashion of the day to throw stones at Christians shackles would be there..."serving her master"

Bright Raven
January 31st, 2015, 05:37 PM

PROVE IT. and if you are right rip out James, 1&2 Peter and 1,2 3 John. Your bible gets thinner by the moment.

Luke 10:1-17King James Version (KJV)

10 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.

2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

4 Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.

5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.

6 And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.

7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.

8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:

9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

10 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,

11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.

13 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.

14 But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you.

15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.

16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

drbrumley
January 31st, 2015, 05:38 PM
PROVE IT. and if you are right rip out James, 1&2 Peter and 1,2 3 John. Your bible gets thinner by the moment.

Luke 10:1-17King James Version (KJV)

10 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.

2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

4 Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.

5 And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.

6 And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.

7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.

8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:

9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

10 But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,

11 Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.

13 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.

14 But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you.

15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.

16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

Um, she has only three books in her bible anyway...just ask her. Even the book of John didn't make her cut.

Levolor
January 31st, 2015, 05:40 PM
Jews do not believe in eternal life. The reason why Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden was to prevent them from eating of the tree of life and live forever. (Gen. 3:22,23) The attribute of eternal life belongs with God only and no one else. Then, with Paul it became a Gentile delusion. The only thing eternal about man is death.

"The world to come" is not something you ascribe to? Or, does it have a meaning other than 'eternal life'?

Thanks.

Bright Raven
January 31st, 2015, 05:42 PM
Um, she has only three books in her bible anyway...just ask her. Even the book of John didn't make her cut.

I understand Luke didn't either.

Levolor
January 31st, 2015, 05:55 PM

Jesus said:

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matthew 28:19

Some reconsideration needs to be done.

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 06:52 PM
Jesus said:

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matthew 28:19

Some reconsideration needs to be done.

Your faith is so carnal.

good day.

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 06:54 PM

Oh, you just want to distort my claim because you cannot refute my claim.

Bright Raven
January 31st, 2015, 07:03 PM
Oh, you just want to distort my claim because you cannot refute my claim.

Because your claims are ridiculous. They are from an unexplored land far,far away

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 07:04 PM
Because your claims are ridiculous. They are from an unexplored land far,far away

Suit yourself with your Paul based faith.

as for me it is Jesus I put my faith in.

Bright Raven
January 31st, 2015, 07:08 PM

Yeah, yeah, we know. According to Meshek, no revelation came except through Jesus.

meshak
January 31st, 2015, 07:14 PM
Yeah, yeah, we know. According to Meshek, no revelation came except through Jesus.

That's very close but what I am saying is His word is the center of Christianity..

Bright Raven
January 31st, 2015, 07:24 PM
That's very close but what I am saying is His word is the center of Christianity..

Strange that the final book is titled The Revelation of Saint John.

Levolor
January 31st, 2015, 07:40 PM

Sure, sure.

Your faith is so carnal.

The discussion wasn't about my faith.

The discussion was about your claim that there is no other teacher besides Jesus.

Your claim was then disproved by Jesus' own words.

Jesus said:

For you to 'try' to redirect the discussion to my faith is intellectually dishonest.

Get honest.

Jesus also said: ... and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8h&i

I believe Jesus.

Lazy afternoon
January 31st, 2015, 07:50 PM
Yes but He didn't say it to the church see, that is where you, shackles and folk like you are so dull. He said it to those who came up against Him and His disciples.

John says if someone says they love God who they have not seen but hates his brother who he has seen he is a liar. He goes on to say....

The Spirit of Almighty God goes on to say that he who hateth the brethren are like Cain who hated his brother and slew him, we know that no murderer has eternal life dwelling in him.

When shackles [or anybody else] is sat there day after day pouring hate and vitriol on the church God says they are like Cain. So it is a serious charge but it is God who makes it.

You see shackles can only do as much as the law of the land enables her to do...print her hatred of the church in words. Be sure of this, if it were the fashion of the day to throw stones at Christians shackles would be there..."serving her master"

I could say the same of you concerning the way you speak to me.

Why do you not rebuke John W??

besides--

Mat 17:14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
Mat 17:15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
Mat 17:16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
Mat 17:17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

LA

Daniel1611
January 31st, 2015, 07:57 PM

The whole Bible is Jesus's word, not just the parts you clipped out of your New World Translation.

cupofjoe
January 31st, 2015, 09:40 PM

Because she is a godless witch who wants to pull people from the faith.

You lie about His word and about Him, claiming He doesnt endorse you reading His word, devil.

That is a doctrine of demons you just taught.

Devil, answer my posts instead of lying that you have me on ignore.

You wont answer my posts because you cant, your demon cant handle the truth

All that demon can do is lie about the Word.

Yeah coward, i didnt think you would answer my posts. Better get one of your others (legion) to come on
here and adress my refute of your op.

Can I just say how insane you guys sound? It's definitely entertaining and funny to read, but it's disheartening in a way.

I definitely don't agree with meshak on almost everything. I think the only thing i agree with her on is some of her position on Christians joining or endorsing the military.

I'm part of a couple "secular" forums and they treat people far better than what I've read on these forums.

I know that this won't change anyone's mind on here and you guys will go back to casting out demons and going on witch hunts on an online forum...so carry on, I guess.

musterion
January 31st, 2015, 10:03 PM
A professing communist comes to a communism message board saying how strongly she believes in Marx. Soon it becomes clear that she believes only a few chapters of what the guy wrote and rejects the rest as false. Others try to engage her in honest discussion but she'll have none of it. Any other communist who varies 1 inch from her impossibly narrow interpretation of Marx is called a liar. She even says, with zero evidence and with dead seriousness, that their variance from what she believes is true Marxism is proof of secret sexual perversion, and that is her sworn duty to expose it.

This routine happens often and never varies in content. At least once a day it is spammed into any conversation, regardless of topic, at will.

Q. If you really are a communist, for how long would you find this person amusing?

cupofjoe
January 31st, 2015, 10:07 PM
A professing communist comes to a communism message board saying how strongly she believes in Marx. Soon it becomes clear that she believes only a few chapters of what the guy wrote and rejects the rest as false. Others try to engage her in honest discussion but she'll have none of it. Any other communist who varies 1 inch from her impossibly narrow interpretation of Marx is called a liar. She even says, with zero evidence and with dead seriousness, that their variance from what she believes is true Marxism is proof of secret sexual perversion, and that is her sworn duty to expose it.

This routine happens often and never varies in content. At least once a day it is spammed into any conversation, at will.

Q. If you really are a communist, for how long would you find this person amusing?

Not a communist. I'm not any of the options. I picked the the funniest one

patrick jane
January 31st, 2015, 10:16 PM

who do you think it was that came to Paul, AFTER the Ressurection ? so, Jesus wanted to tell us more. you prefer to stop at the Crucifiction. for the record, i saw a mod defending meshak's banter. it looks ok on the surface, posting quotes from Jesus, how could that be bad ? when i started, i thought folks were being harsh to her. then i saw what she does. anyone that can read and comprehend, cannot possibly agree with her. she does the opposite of what Jesus commands - :duh:

patrick jane
January 31st, 2015, 10:19 PM
but, please tell us all, meshak, how we "think" we "possess" eternal life. btw, I don't consider it a possession

patrick jane
January 31st, 2015, 10:22 PM

This routine happens often and never varies in content. At least once a day it is spammed into any conversation, regardless of topic, at will.

excellent comparison. too bad she won't "get it". like other things she reads :nono:

Lazy afternoon
February 1st, 2015, 02:25 AM

No. He said this concerning His disciples.(and Moses said the same thing)

When they came back they were busy arguing among themselves who was the greatest.

Mar 9:17 And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit;
Mar 9:18 And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
Mar 9:19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.

Again you claim to know her heart. Why do you not rebuke JOHN W for his and Grosnick for his? You are not afraid are you?

No. You make the charge.

You lie.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe
February 1st, 2015, 04:13 AM
who do you think it was that came to Paul, AFTER the Ressurection ? so, Jesus wanted to tell us more. you prefer to stop at the Crucifiction. for the record, i saw a mod defending meshak's banter. it looks ok on the surface, posting quotes from Jesus, how could that be bad ? when i started, i thought folks were being harsh to her. then i saw what she does. anyone that can read and comprehend, cannot possibly agree with her. she does the opposite of what Jesus commands - :duh:

Really good post!

Grosnick Marowbe
February 1st, 2015, 04:14 AM
I understand Luke didn't either.

Matthew and Mark are the ONLY ones she trusts in at this juncture!

Grosnick Marowbe
February 1st, 2015, 04:19 AM
Can I just say how insane you guys sound? It's definitely entertaining and funny to read, but it's disheartening in a way.

I definitely don't agree with meshak on almost everything. I think the only thing i agree with her on is some of her position on Christians joining or endorsing the military.

I'm part of a couple "secular" forums and they treat people far better than what I've read on these forums.

I know that this won't change anyone's mind on here and you guys will go back to casting out demons and going on witch hunts on an online forum...so carry on, I guess.

If ya can't take the heat, get outta Dodge!

Grosnick Marowbe
February 1st, 2015, 04:21 AM

Yep!

Grosnick Marowbe
February 1st, 2015, 04:32 AM
[B]Now we have Jesus' own word, there is no need for Paul's teachings.

It doesn't get any more ignorant than this!

meshak
February 1st, 2015, 07:35 AM
excellent comparison. too bad she won't "get it". like other things she reads :nono:

So sitting on the fence and weasely comments, as usual. You don't have your own position.

What don't I get it?

do you know what you are talking about?

meshak
February 1st, 2015, 07:38 AM
but, please tell us all, meshak, how we "think" we "possess" eternal life. btw, I don't consider it a possession

I don't have to tell you anything. You search for yourself. Jesus is the Teacher and He teaches you perfectly. You just don't like what He has to say.

If you are Christian, you don't have to ask such question.

I already said my piece with Jesus' word.

Tambora
February 2nd, 2015, 11:56 AM

It is so you.Mesh, you are busy judging.

It is so you.

Bright Raven
February 2nd, 2015, 12:31 PM

Meshek, For your information, if you were not aware, scripture is not contradictory. If jesus delegated authority to Paul to teach that is what he did.You must come to understand that scripture cannot say one thing and then the direct opposite elsewhere.

Ben Masada
February 2nd, 2015, 02:52 PM
"The world to come" is not something you ascribe to? Or, does it have a meaning other than 'eternal life'?

Thanks.

The world to come is the world of the grave. That's the world of eternal peace.

meshak
February 2nd, 2015, 03:17 PM
Meshek, For your information, if you were not aware, scripture is not contradictory. If jesus delegated authority to Paul to teach that is what he did.You must come to understand that scripture cannot say one thing and then the direct opposite elsewhere.

So you disregard Jesus' word.

Nothing new, under the sun.

meshak
February 2nd, 2015, 03:18 PM
Mesh, you are busy judging.

It is so you.

good day, neg repper.

musterion
February 2nd, 2015, 04:36 PM

Well lookie that, she quoted the O.T. I bet she doesn't even realize it.

Tambora
February 2nd, 2015, 04:48 PM
good day, neg repper.That's Miss neg repper to you.

Bright Raven
February 2nd, 2015, 04:50 PM
So you disregard Jesus' word.

:loser:

meshak
February 2nd, 2015, 06:58 PM
That's Miss neg repper to you.

Are you still miss?

musterion
February 2nd, 2015, 07:13 PM
There's more of that personal life pryin'.

Bright Raven
February 2nd, 2015, 07:17 PM
:rotfl:

heir
February 2nd, 2015, 09:59 PM

Then put your faith in His faith and finished work!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Grosnick Marowbe
February 2nd, 2015, 11:41 PM
That's Miss neg repper to you.

I give Meshak plenty as well! She's so deserving!

Grosnick Marowbe
February 2nd, 2015, 11:44 PM
I could say the same of you concerning the way you speak to me.

Why do you not rebuke John W??

besides--

Mat 17:14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
Mat 17:15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
Mat 17:16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
Mat 17:17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

LA

Too bad you're not as smart as you think you aren't?

Grosnick Marowbe
February 2nd, 2015, 11:47 PM
I don't know who's worse; Meshak or LazyA? Oh, wait a second, now I know!

Grosnick Marowbe
February 2nd, 2015, 11:49 PM
So sitting on the fence and weasely comments, as usual. You don't have your own position.

What don't I get it?

Does the word "Imbecile" sound familiar? I'll bet it
sounds familiar to LazyA as well?

patrick jane
February 3rd, 2015, 12:20 AM

What don't I get it?

read my posts. i have a position, and it's not "my own". anyone can call me whatever they want, if it helps them, to put me in a category or define me. not my problem, i'm not here to please people. you are very limited in your spiritual wisdom and post accusing, condemning statements to almost everyone. you will not accept criticizm in any form and display stubborn arrogance daily. this is all my opinion, only from posts i've seen. i hold Paul above any other Bible author. not above Jesus. i believe Paul is the "true" founder of the Christian Church. i can read and understand, Praise God ! ! ! i've explained in detail, my beliefs, interpretations and spiritual walk. have you ? i couldn't possibly sift through ANY of your "threads" or posts and see any real "position". you are not even near the "fence". people try to explain things of The Bible to you and you scoff at them. nobody can talk to you without personal questions and attacks from you. leave people alone, and do less typing and more praying and reading. God Bless you shaks ! - :kiss:

Grosnick Marowbe
February 3rd, 2015, 12:59 AM
read my posts. i have a position, and it's not "my own". anyone can call me whatever they want, if it helps them, to put me in a category or define me. not my problem, i'm not here to please people. you are very limited in your spiritual wisdom and post accusing, condemning statements to almost everyone. you will not accept criticizm in any form and display stubborn arrogance daily. this is all my opinion, only from posts i've seen. i hold Paul above any other Bible author. not above Jesus. i believe Paul is the "true" founder of the Christian Church. i can read and understand, Praise God ! ! ! i've explained in detail, my beliefs, interpretations and spiritual walk. have you ? i couldn't possibly sift through ANY of your "threads" or posts and see any real "position". you are not even near the "fence". people try to explain things of The Bible to you and you scoff at them. nobody can talk to you without personal questions and attacks from you. leave people alone, and do less typing and more praying and reading. God Bless you shaks ! - :kiss:

Good post!

Grosnick Marowbe
February 3rd, 2015, 01:06 AM
good day, neg repper.

Don't forget me?

Ask Mr. Religion
February 3rd, 2015, 02:12 AM

You do realize that the passage is more about having "ears to hear..." than about not studying Scripture, no? In fact our Lord points out that every page of Scripture testifies to Him, so your trenchant reliance upon the Gospels alone is odd. If all of Holy Writ speaks to our Lord, why would you ignore everything but the Gospels? According to Scripture, our Lord is personally shown quoting from twenty-four Old Testament books, too.

AMR

TulipBee
February 3rd, 2015, 06:04 AM
You do realize that the passage is more about having "ears to hear..." than about not studying Scripture, no? In fact our Lord points out that every page of Scripture testifies to Him, so your trenchant reliance upon the Gospels alone is odd. If all of Holy Writ speaks to our Lord, why would you ignore everything but the Gospels? According to Scripture, our Lord is personally shown quoting from twenty-four Old Testament books, too.

AMR

I call the uneducateds hillbillies.

Inbred theologies.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608038761061680490&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Without Paul, their teeth rots

meshak
February 3rd, 2015, 07:33 AM

AMR

You guys are abusing the scripture for your satisfaction.

good day.

TulipBee
February 3rd, 2015, 10:06 AM

good day.

I thought jesus used scripture.

oatmeal
February 3rd, 2015, 10:33 AM

read OP Jesus' word.

So, you are willing to share your method of studying?

Seems your method is to ignore scripture you don't like.

You like three books of the Bible.

The rest are garbage?

oatmeal
February 3rd, 2015, 10:34 AM

Learning to love is part of learning

God's love does not come naturally, it is spiritual in nature

oatmeal
February 3rd, 2015, 10:36 AM

So why are you fighting so much?

You argue and argue and argue and fight and fight and fight

Grosnick Marowbe
February 3rd, 2015, 10:37 AM

AMR

Meshak ONLY trusts in Matthew and Mark! She rejects the rest
of the Bible! She hates Paul!

oatmeal
February 3rd, 2015, 10:43 AM

Jesus took God's word over his own

John 5:30

John 8:26-27

26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

You reject Moses as well?

John 5:46-47

You reject Psalms?

Jesus did not. Luke 20:41-44

oatmeal
February 3rd, 2015, 10:45 AM

I don't "think" that I have eternal life, I know that I have eternal life.

I John 5:13

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Do you know if you have eternal life?

Why not?

Grosnick Marowbe
February 3rd, 2015, 10:46 AM
So, you are willing to share your method of studying?

Seems your method is to ignore scripture you don't like.

You like three books of the Bible.

The rest are garbage?

She rejected Luke, weeks ago!

Grosnick Marowbe
February 3rd, 2015, 10:49 AM

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Why not?

She has said, she doesn't KNOW if she's saved? She's trying
her best to "EARN" her way!

meshak
February 3rd, 2015, 11:14 AM

Why not?

Oatmeal, your faith no different from the rest of mainstreamers even though you are a non-trin.

My claim is in the OP.

Good day.

Grosnick Marowbe
February 3rd, 2015, 11:19 AM
Oatmeal, your faith no different from the rest of mainstreamers even though you are a non-trin.

My claim is in the OP.

Good day.

You sure do your best to alienate (Google it) everybody?

Ask Mr. Religion
February 4th, 2015, 02:38 PM

If our Lord relied upon many other texts from Scripture, is it not obvious He placed great worth in them? Why, then, do you deny that the entire Scripture and not just the NT Gospels is our guide in faith and practice?

Rather than waving me off with no substantive interaction with my response above, can you explain exactly how I may be abusing Holy Writ "for [my own] satisfaction" when I state how our Lord used Scripture and even noted that Jesus made it patently clear all of Scripture testified to Him?

Please help me understand your position by being more explicit.

AMR

oatmeal
February 4th, 2015, 02:44 PM
She rejected Luke, weeks ago!

Well, then, she doesn't have much left

oatmeal
February 4th, 2015, 02:45 PM

My claim is in the OP.

Good day.

So then, do you know if you have eternal life or not?

You can know, it is God's will that you know if you do have it.

It available to read all of God's word and learn from it.

Ben Masada
February 4th, 2015, 03:10 PM
No one does. To have eternal life, one cannot have been born. Life eternal is without beginning and without end. We all have begun and we all will die. Only God is eternal.

TulipBee
February 4th, 2015, 03:36 PM
No one does. To have eternal life, one cannot have been born. Life eternal is without beginning and without end. We all have begun and we all will die. Only God is eternal.

You left out God knew us before we were born.

oatmeal
February 4th, 2015, 03:41 PM

Eternal is God's viewpoint

Everlasting is man's viewpoint

God calls it eternal life for God foreknew who would choose to believe Him.

Levolor
February 4th, 2015, 04:54 PM

Oh, that's right... you're kinda like the Sad-u-sees who didn't believe in the resurrection. Kinda like an atheist, but not.

meshak
February 4th, 2015, 07:18 PM
If our Lord relied upon many other texts from Scripture, is it not obvious He placed great worth in them? Why, then, do you deny that the entire Scripture and not just the NT Gospels is our guide in faith and practice?

Rather than waving me off with no substantive interaction with my response above, can you explain exactly how I may be abusing Holy Writ "for [my own] satisfaction" when I state how our Lord used Scripture and even noted that Jesus made it patently clear all of Scripture testified to Him?

AMR

My faith is Jesus centered. You will not accept why I do this.
Since you ask, I will explain my faith but I will not debate my faith.

Christianity is all about Jesus and His teachings. Jesus upgraded His followers standards. Jesus abolished many OT laws. That's why I discard many of OT teachings or practice, yet mainstreamers flip flop using OT law or practice to suit their desires and satisfaction.

Christianity is not complicated as you mainstream making it out to be. That's how you misrepresent Jesus to the world.

meshak
February 4th, 2015, 07:22 PM
So then, do you know if you have eternal life or not?

No one does. You have to wait on Jesus' judgment if you have been true to Him or not until the end. You are making yourself as judge of your salvation.

I am aiming to be accepted by Jesus. It is up to Jesus whether I meet His standards or not.

Bright Raven
February 4th, 2015, 07:23 PM
My faith is Jesus centered. You will not accept why I do this.
Since you ask, I will explain my faith but I will not debate my faith.

Christianity is all about Jesus and His teachings. Jesus upgraded His followers standards. Jesus abolished many OT laws. That's why I discard many of OT teachings or practice, yet mainstreamers flip flop using OT law or practice to suit their desires and satisfaction.

Christianity is not complicated as you mainstream making it out to be. That's how you misrepresent Jesus to the world.

Jesus didn't abolish the OT Law:

Matthew 5:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Luke 16:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

meshak
February 4th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Jesus didn't abolish the OT Law:

Matthew 5:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Luke 16:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

This is how you pervert Jesus' word.

What Jesus saying is He does what we are supposed to do. OT people did not meet God's standards and Jesus did. That's what Jesus is saying.

Ktoyou
February 4th, 2015, 07:29 PM

Hi milkshake! I like to study scripture, and find it often humbling, so, I must assure the proud notion is your projection???
:chew: huh?
We know them by their deeds.

Bright Raven
February 4th, 2015, 07:29 PM
This is how you pervert Jesus' word.

What Jesus saying is He does what we are supposed to do. OT people did not meet God's standards and Jesus did. That's what Jesus is saying.

You better read that again because you have not got it right. He is saying that the law will not pass away until all is fulfilled.

meshak
February 4th, 2015, 07:49 PM
You better read that again because you have not got it right. He is saying that the law will not pass away until all is fulfilled.
good day.

meshak
February 4th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Hi milkshake! I like to study scripture, and find it often humbling, so, I must assure the proud notion is your projection???
:chew: huh?
We know them by their deeds.

good day.

heir
February 4th, 2015, 08:58 PM
She rejected Luke, weeks ago!That's because Luke hung out with Paul. :chuckle:

Bright Raven
February 4th, 2015, 09:00 PM
That's because Luke hung out with Paul. :chuckle:

Besides that Luke was a Gentile.

oatmeal
February 4th, 2015, 09:18 PM
No one does. You have to wait on Jesus' judgment if you have been true to Him or not until the end. You are making yourself as judge of your salvation.

I am aiming to be accepted by Jesus. It is up to Jesus whether I meet His standards or not.

Well, I know, and plenty of fellow believers know because we know God wants us to know.

Does Jesus know he is the son of God? He sure does.

Does Jesus know he is the way the truth and the life?

Does he know he is the bread of life?

Does he know he is the resurrection?

How did he know? did he read Matthew and Mark?

Or did he learn from Genesis through Malachi?

Since Jesus could know those things about himself, there is no reason for us not to be able to know that we have received the gift of eternal life and that we are sons of God.

Most parents tell their kids who their mom and dad are.

Why would God hold back knowledge that important?

He wouldn't, he wants us to know.

meshak
February 4th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Well, I know, and plenty of fellow believers know because we know God wants us to know.

Does Jesus know he is the son of God? He sure does.

Does Jesus know he is the way the truth and the life?

Does he know he is the bread of life?

Does he know he is the resurrection?

How did he know? did he read Matthew and Mark?

Or did he learn from Genesis through Malachi?

Since Jesus could know those things about himself, there is no reason for us not to be able to know that we have received the gift of eternal life and that we are sons of God.

Most parents tell their kids who their mom and dad are.

Why would God hold back knowledge that important?

He wouldn't, he wants us to know.

Redundant, good day.

patrick jane
February 4th, 2015, 10:24 PM

why do you continue to persecute Jesus Christ ?

patrick jane
February 4th, 2015, 10:36 PM

AMR

hello AMR, i will friend you later, while i saw a post here, i heard about Presbyterian USA and some Evangelical Presbyterian Churches leaving to form the Covenant Order something ? in st. louis (chesterfield) we have the oldest Presbyterian Church in america west of the mississippi. the split seems to be mainly about pro-choice and gays. is that accurate ? what's different about Presbyterian denominations ?

Ask Mr. Religion
February 4th, 2015, 10:46 PM
hello AMR, i will friend you later, while i saw a post here, i heard about Presbyterian USA and some Evangelical Presbyterian Churches leaving to form the Covenant Order something ? in st. louis (chesterfield) we have the oldest Presbyterian Church in america west of the mississippi. the split seems to be mainly about pro-choice and gays. is that accurate ? what's different about Presbyterian denominations ?
The PC(USA) seems to have lost its way, so there have been some movement by some conservatives within it to break away from the group.

BTW, I am a member of the PCA...not the PC(USA). ;)

See some info about differences within Presbyterianism here:

http://www.tateville.com/churches.html

AMR

Levolor
February 4th, 2015, 10:47 PM

Interesting. And thank you for straightening my conception out. I still can't seem to reconcile what you said above and what you said previously:

Can you help me out with this?

Your entire reply at the top here makes me think of Melchizedek. And Jesus too... but not for the same reasons, even though Jesus is a priest after the order of Melchizedek. :think:

Thank you in advance to any response to this post you might make.

Shalom

oatmeal
February 4th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Redundant, good day.

Psalm 136:1-26

O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.

3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.

5 To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.

6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

7 To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:

8 The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:

9 The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

10 To him that smote Egypt in their firstborn: for his mercy endureth for ever:

11 And brought out Israel from among them: for his mercy endureth for ever:

12 With a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm: for his mercy endureth for ever.

13 To him which divided the Red sea into parts: for his mercy endureth for ever:

14 And made Israel to pass through the midst of it: for his mercy endureth for ever:

15 But overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea: for his mercy endureth for ever.

16 To him which led his people through the wilderness: for his mercy endureth for ever.

17 To him which smote great kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

18 And slew famous kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

19 Sihon king of the Amorites: for his mercy endureth for ever:

20 And Og the king of Bashan: for his mercy endureth for ever:

21 And gave their land for an heritage: for his mercy endureth for ever:

22 Even an heritage unto Israel his servant: for his mercy endureth for ever.

23 Who remembered us in our low estate: for his mercy endureth for ever:

24 And hath redeemed us from our enemies: for his mercy endureth for ever.

25 Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy endureth for ever.

26 O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.

patrick jane
February 4th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Psalm 136:1-26

O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.

3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.

5 To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.

6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

7 To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:

8 The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:

9 The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

10 To him that smote Egypt in their firstborn: for his mercy endureth for ever:

11 And brought out Israel from among them: for his mercy endureth for ever:

12 With a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm: for his mercy endureth for ever.

13 To him which divided the Red sea into parts: for his mercy endureth for ever:

14 And made Israel to pass through the midst of it: for his mercy endureth for ever:

15 But overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea: for his mercy endureth for ever.

16 To him which led his people through the wilderness: for his mercy endureth for ever.

17 To him which smote great kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

18 And slew famous kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

19 Sihon king of the Amorites: for his mercy endureth for ever:

20 And Og the king of Bashan: for his mercy endureth for ever:

21 And gave their land for an heritage: for his mercy endureth for ever:

22 Even an heritage unto Israel his servant: for his mercy endureth for ever.

23 Who remembered us in our low estate: for his mercy endureth for ever:

24 And hath redeemed us from our enemies: for his mercy endureth for ever.

25 Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy endureth for ever.

26 O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.

not to detract from Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Songs, which are great, and contain everlasting truths of God. we all should keep in mind, the purposes for which they were written. inspired of God and by God, meant for worship, prayer, praise, wisdom, songs, poetry, and marriage. not to prove points or point fingers, with insinuation. - :Patrol:

oatmeal
February 4th, 2015, 11:23 PM
not to detract from Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Songs, which are great, and contain everlasting truths of God. we all should keep in mind, the purposes for which they were written. inspired of God and by God, meant for worship, prayer, praise, wisdom, songs, poetry, and marriage. not to prove points or point fingers, with insinuation. - :Patrol:

II Timothy 3:16

Someone needed reproof and correction

meshak
February 5th, 2015, 06:50 AM
Prayers of righteous man is effective. I don't know if we are deceitful and not being true to Jesus, our prayers will be heard. I don't think so. Jesus does not approve of lip service.

This is especially for you pj.

meshak
February 5th, 2015, 06:53 AM
II Timothy 3:16

Someone needed reproof and correction

You are placing yourself to correct Christians.

Jesus does not advocate arrogant Christians.

FYI, I am only spreading Jesus' whole messages which have been distorted to spread to the world.

Ben Masada
February 5th, 2015, 04:16 PM
You left out God knew us before we were born.

Then He said that no one can live forever. (Gen. 3:22-24) There! Now, I have left nothing out.

Ben Masada
February 5th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Eternal is God's viewpoint

Everlasting is man's viewpoint

God calls it eternal life for God foreknew who would choose to believe Him.

Nothing to do with man's viewpoint. The Lord said that man cannot live forever and that's the truth. (Gen. 3:22-24)

Ben Masada
February 5th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Oh, that's right... you're kinda like the Sad-u-sees who didn't believe in the resurrection. Kinda like an atheist, but not.

Neither the Sadducees nor the Pharisees believed in bodily resurrection. Both believed in the metaphorical resurrection from exile and back to the Land of Israel. (Ezek. 37:12) Mind you that Jesus also did not believe in bodily resurrection. And neither did his Apostles. (Luke 24:11)

Ben Masada
February 5th, 2015, 04:27 PM
why do you continue to persecute Jesus Christ ?

Mind you that I am the only one in this forum who promotes the real gospel of Jesus while all the other posters promote the gospel of Paul. Perhaps you have forgotten that Jesus was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism.

Ben Masada
February 5th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Interesting. And thank you for straightening my conception out. I still can't seem to reconcile what you said above and what you said previously:

Can you help me out with this?

Your entire reply at the top here makes me think of Melchizedek. And Jesus too... but not for the same reasons, even though Jesus is a priest after the order of Melchizedek. :think:

Thank you in advance to any response to this post you might make.

Shalom

The expression, "To be a priest after the order of Melchizedek" means to be a priest not after the order of Aaron. That's all. The Melchizedek in this expression has nothing to do with that Canaanite pagan king in the old Canaanite city of Salem.

Levolor
February 5th, 2015, 04:59 PM
The expression, "To be a priest after the order of Melchizedek" means to be a priest not after the order of Aaron. That's all. The Melchizedek in this expression has nothing to do with that Canaanite pagan king in the old Canaanite city of Salem.

I still have no clarity.

Perhaps it is because you know this so thoroughly that you can't get all the in-between thoughts expressed that would give me a nice tidy understanding from you.

I thank you for your effort anyway.

Shalom

nodelink
February 5th, 2015, 07:43 PM
Mind you that I am the only one in this forum who promotes the real gospel of Jesus while all the other posters promote the gospel of Paul. Perhaps you have forgotten that Jesus was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism.

Prominent New Testament characters include Peter, Paul, John, James, Jude and, of course, Jesus Christ.

The messages from these characters are varied but can be harmonized.

Yes, IMHO, I often think that contemporary evangelicals do tend to over-emphasize Paul and to give too little attention to the words of the others (including the words of Jesus Christ Himself).

nodelink
February 5th, 2015, 07:49 PM

The Levitical priests offered frequent animal sacrifices.

Melchizedek the priest didn't do that.

Modern practitioners of "Judaism" no longer offer animal sacrifices.

A restored "Judaism" might restore animal sacrifices but they wouldn't really be needed. Jesus Christ was the perfect, unblemished Lamb of God who was offered once and for all as a sufficient, atoning sacrifice not to be repeated.

And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. - Genesis 14:18

meshak
February 5th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Yes, IMHO, I often think that contemporary evangelicals do tend to over-emphasize Paul and to give too little attention to the words of the others (including the words of Jesus Christ Himself).

wow, how about that. someone actually knows the NT.

They canonized to many of Paul's teachings and not much of Jesus' word.

Jesus is the Lord, not Paul.

Nick M
February 5th, 2015, 09:25 PM

Paul's teachings are from the Lord Jesus Christ. And it is "too", not "to" you ignorant toad.

patrick jane
February 5th, 2015, 10:21 PM
wow, how about that. someone actually knows the NT.

Jesus is the Lord, not Paul.
:blabla:
and the Lord came to Paul with brand new teachings. they aren't Paul's. maybe you can't understand the words. the words of Jesus are written. they may be "easier" to understand for you, but stop blaming Paul and people that understand the revelation TO Paul, FROM Jesus. you are stuck on REPEAT and you can't get up - :stuck:

patrick jane
February 5th, 2015, 10:26 PM

His faith was in God. it's not the gospel OF Paul. it's FROM Jesus TO Paul. perhaps, i have forgotten more than you know - :cow:

heir
February 5th, 2015, 10:45 PM
Mind you that I am the only one in this forum who promotes the real gospel of Jesus while all the other posters promote the gospel of Paul. Perhaps you have forgotten that Jesus was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism.Just Who do you think Paul got his gospel from?

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

It is the only gospel that is the power of God to save you! When will you trust the Lord by believing it 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV?

heir
February 5th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Yes, IMHO, I often think that contemporary evangelicals do tend to over-emphasize Paul and to give too little attention to the words of the others (including the words of Jesus Christ Himself).They do not. Most pay attention only to that which was written to Israel. They read OT, hijack Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and play leap frog right over Paul's 13 epistles and jump back in to Heb-Rev.

meshak
February 6th, 2015, 06:58 AM
:blabla:
and the Lord came to Paul with brand new teachings. they aren't Paul's. maybe you can't understand the words. the words of Jesus are written. they may be "easier" to understand for you, but stop blaming Paul and people that understand the revelation TO Paul, FROM Jesus. you are stuck on REPEAT and you can't get up - :stuck:

blah, blah, blah.

Troll.

nodelink
February 6th, 2015, 07:54 AM
They do not. Most pay attention only to that which was written to Israel. They read OT, hijack Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and play leap frog right over Paul's 13 epistles and jump back in to Heb-Rev.

Your sample of evangelical Christians must be different than mine.

I actually think that's it's an anti-Roman Catholic thing that's been going on since the Protestant Reformation.

The RCC follows a liturgical calendar that mostly controls which portions of the Scriptures are used during the mass. As I recall, the vast majority of Sunday homilies (sermons) were based on the prescribed portion from Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. Homily content from the epistles of Paul was much more rare.

In a spirit of contrariness, then if Rome was for it, a hard-level reaction against Rome would need to be against it.

The gospels of MMLJ are rich in parables and stories.

The epistles of Paul are heavy in precepts and much lighter in narrative content.

Different genres of Biblical writings all have something to teach us.

Different types of people and different church traditions have different perspectives and strengths.

Different paths generate different outcomes but we can gain different types of understanding from the different types.

heir
February 6th, 2015, 09:13 AM
blah, blah, blah.

Troll.
blah, blah, blah

lost troll

Ben Masada
February 6th, 2015, 03:36 PM
I still have no clarity.

Perhaps it is because you know this so thoroughly that you can't get all the in-between thoughts expressed that would give me a nice tidy understanding from you.

I thank you for your effort anyway.

Shalom

Well, perhaps you will understand with this thread of mine:

The Truth About Melchizedek

Here is a column which I consider will crack under the building of Christianity. Who was Melchizedek? This man was a pagan Canaanite king, who happened to be the king of Salem, ancient name for Jerusalem.

Abram had just returned from a battle with five kings, and, on his way to Beersheba, he paused by Jerusalem for a repast. He and his men were tired and weary of the military campaign. Melchizedek, afraid perhaps that Abram would take on him too and conquer Jerusalem out of his hands, immediately brought forth bread and wine to him and his troops. For Abram, it was a relieve. He didn't have to fight another king.

Now, please, I must remind you that I am reading from the originals in Hebrew and not from the KJV. Why would Melchizedek prefer to feed Abram and his army instead of fighting him? Because he, Abram, and not Melchizedek was the priest of God most High, whose seed would be of a nation of priests and kings. (Exod. 19:6; Isa. 61:6)

Then, as Melchizedek served the food and drink, he blessed Abram. Please focus on how he blessed Abram. "Blessed be Abram of God Most High." It means that Melchizedek would recognize that Abram was the one Priest of God the Most High. Creator of the universe." Then, for all the bread and wine, and that blessing of recognition of who Abram really was, Abram shared with him a tenth of the spoils taken from the kings in battle; a tenth at random.

Now, let us check Psalm 110:4, which in the KJV says, "The Lord has sworn and will not repent, you are a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek." This is a Christian gloss plagiarized by Paul and grossly forged by the Church in the 4th Century under the excuse of pious forgery.

Here is what Psalm 110:4 says in the originals in Hebrew: "The Lord has sworn and will not relent, you are a priest forever; a rightful king by My decree." As you can see, it has nothing to do with king Melchizedek, king of Salem, but rather to David in the type level of interpretation, which points to the archetype level of Israel, the seed of Abraham as a nation of priests and kings. (Exod. 19:6; Isa. 61:6) Obviously, only the High Priest of the Most High would produce a generation of priests and kings through Israel.

Ben Masada
February 6th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Prominent New Testament characters include Peter, Paul, John, James, Jude and, of course, Jesus Christ.

The messages from these characters are varied but can be harmonized.

Yea, all those characters you have mentioned above were Jews and their messages were indeed according to Judaism. The only thing you perhaps still don't know is that the gospels were not written by the Apostles of Jesus but by Hellenists probably former disciples of Paul. Jews would not write against their own Faith. Paul yes because he had ceased being a Jew when he founded Christianity in Antioch about 30 years after Jesus had been gone. (Acts 11:26)

Ben Masada
February 6th, 2015, 04:02 PM
The Levitical priests offered frequent animal sacrifices.

Melchizedek the priest didn't do that.

Modern practitioners of "Judaism" no longer offer animal sacrifices.

A restored "Judaism" might restore animal sacrifices but they wouldn't really be needed. Jesus Christ was the perfect, unblemished Lamb of God who was offered once and for all as a sufficient, atoning sacrifice not to be repeated.

And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. - Genesis 14:18

You have all the right in the world to believe whatever you want but you don't have a handle of the Truth. Prophet Jeremiah revealed the secret that HaShem never commanded that animal sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel. (Jer. 7:22) They were allowed by Moses from the viewpoint of "Pichuach Nephesh" because after 430 years of exile in Egypt, daily witnessing animal sacrifices, the Israelites would not accept a religion without animal sacrifices. Moses realized immediately that he would never be able to effect God's command to take the People out of Egypt into the Promised Land if he did not accommodate the sacrifices.

In my honest understanding, the sacrifices served only prophetically to point to the final atonement effected by Israel on behalf of Judah. (Psalm 78:67-69) That's why the Lord rejected Israel and confirmed Judah. Now, we don't need them anymore.

Jesus was no unblemished lamb and his blood was not shed for sinners because, according to the Prophets, no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20)

Ben Masada
February 6th, 2015, 04:09 PM
His faith was in God. it's not the gospel OF Paul. it's FROM Jesus TO Paul. perhaps, i have forgotten more than you know - :cow:

Indeed, it seems that way. I mean, that you have forgotten more than I figure. If there was any thing from Jesus to Paul, why would the Apostles of Jesus deny Paul's request to join the Sect of the Nazarenes on the basis that he could not be a disciple? (Acts 9:26) Why didn't Jesus say to the Apostles that it was okay to enlist Paul as a disciple? Doubtless because Paul was lying and what he was bringing over to Jerusalem was heresy and idolatry. (Acts 9:20)

Ben Masada
February 6th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Just Who do you think Paul got his gospel from?

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

It is the only gospel that is the power of God to save you! When will you trust the Lord by believing it 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV?

Paul got his gospel from the Hellenism of Greek Mythology. Yea, his gospel was after the Hellenistic doctrine of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Acts 9:20) If Jesus revealed any thing to him, how come the Apostles of Jesus did not know it? When Paul applied to join the Apostles he was rejected under the pretext that he could not even be a disciple. (Acts 9:26) Weird, isn't
it?

I already trust the Lord as a member of the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism. The only power of God that saves man is obedience to the Law. Jesus himself implied with his parable of the Richman and Lazarus that the only way to be saved from hell-fire is by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Aimiel
February 6th, 2015, 05:19 PM
"You think" you posses eternal life. Not me. I KNOW I possess eternal life. The Life lives in me. I am His Temple. God and Jesus, Who is The Holy Ghost, has taken up residence in my heart. No longer I live but Christ lives in me, both to will and to do His good pleasure.
Jesus does not endorse studying the scripture like most of you do, and so proud of doing it.Actually, He does not only support studying Scripture, He wants us to speak it all the time...

Psalm 34:1
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Think about it all the time...

Psalm 119:148
Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

Jesus is The Living Word of God and He said He'd never leave us or forsake us. His Word is The True Manna that came from Heaven. We have REAL MEAT to eat when we do His Will. If we are His then His Word abides in us. His Word is alive. His Word empowers us and gives us the victory over hell, death and the grave. We are 'more than conquerors.' Do you know what that means? Think of a championship boxer. He goes in the ring. He defeats his opponent. He is the conqueror. He goes home. He gives the check to his wife. SHE is 'more than a conqueror.'

nodelink
February 6th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Yea, all those characters you have mentioned above were Jews and their messages were indeed according to Judaism. The only thing you perhaps still don't know is that the gospels were not written by the Apostles of Jesus but by Hellenists probably former disciples of Paul. Jews would not write against their own Faith. Paul yes because he had ceased being a Jew when he founded Christianity in Antioch about 30 years after Jesus had been gone. (Acts 11:26)

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were prominent New Testament writers.

Luke was not a Jew and Luke wrote Gospel of Luke and Acts of the Apostles.

Mark was a disciple of Peter.

John was the Apostle John.

Matthew was the former publican tax collector who became an apostle.

"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts."

nodelink
February 6th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Paul got his gospel from the Hellenism of Greek Mythology. Yea, his gospel was after the Hellenistic doctrine of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Acts 9:20) If Jesus revealed any thing to him, how come the Apostles of Jesus did not know it? When Paul applied to join the Apostles he was rejected under the pretext that he could not even be a disciple. (Acts 9:26) Weird, isn't
it?

I already trust the Lord as a member of the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism. The only power of God that saves man is obedience to the Law. Jesus himself implied with his parable of the Richman and Lazarus that the only way to be saved from hell-fire is by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Look at all the Scriptures. One proof-text is not enough. Jesus Christ was prophesied throughout the Old Testament. Some parts of the prophecies were fulfilled. Other parts of the prophecies remain to be filled in association with the return of the Messiah, King Jesus.

Are you perfect in your compliance to the law? I think not.

Do you follow all of the ceremonial laws including animal sacrifices and temple observances?

The Jewish temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. You can't do the temple observances.

How can sins be justly pardoned? God must be just and He must punish sin, even sins that are small and few if that could be in a deceitful human being.

God will be glorified in both vessels of justice as well as vessels of mercy.

Christ offered Himself on the cross as the perfect, atoning sacrifice for sin.

Nothing else but the blood of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, was sufficient to remove the guilt of even the smallest sin. 99% of perfection is not good enough to be justified in the sight of a Holy God.

Be humble, repent, believe and follow Jesus.

heir
February 6th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Paul got his gospel from the Hellenism of Greek Mythology. Nope! Paul got it by direct revelation of Jesus Christ as the scripture saith (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).
Yea, his gospel was after the Hellenistic doctrine of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Acts 9:20) Why do you blaspheme? Colossians 1:13-19 KJV
If Jesus revealed any thing to him, how come the Apostles of Jesus did not know it?You don't think God can keep a secret? (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV)
When Paul applied to join the Apostles he was rejected under the pretext that he could not even be a disciple. (Acts 9:26) Weird, isn't
it? Saul was a man who led the persecution against those of "this way" (Acts 9:1-2 KJV, Acts 22:4-5 KJV)/persecuted the church of God and wasted it (Galatians 1:13 KJV), consented unto the death of Stephen a man full of the Holy Ghost (Acts 8:1 KJV) disqualifying him for forgiveness under the kingdom program (Matthew 12:31-32 KJV), so yes, I would say that they were SHOCKED that he was a chosen vessel of the Lord as Paul being saved was something the Lord had never done before (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV)!

I already trust the Lord as a member of the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism.Galatians 5:2 KJV
The only power of God that saves man is obedience to the Law. You are dead wrong! The gospel of Christ is the power of God to save you!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

It is the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW and is upon all them that believe!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Believe what? The gospel of Christ, that's what!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jesus himself implied with his parable of the Richman and Lazarus that the only way to be saved from hell-fire is by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)That's not our good news! The good news is that even though the wages of sin is death, Christ took the payoff! He paid the debt in full (Romans 6:23 KJV)!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! It's your only hope!

Ktoyou
February 7th, 2015, 12:11 AM
OK, who banned Milkshake?

Ktoyou
February 7th, 2015, 12:17 AM

It is so you.

Milkshake,

You may be banned, but Tam never gives out negs, so you made that up. You were a bad little girl.

Tambora
February 7th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Tam never gives out negs
:chuckle:

Bright Raven
February 7th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Milkshake,

You may be banned, but Tam never gives out negs, so you made that up. You were a bad little girl.

That is a good one. :chuckle:

Ben Masada
February 7th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were prominent New Testament writers.

Luke was not a Jew and Luke wrote Gospel of Luke and Acts of the Apostles.

Mark was a disciple of Peter.

John was the Apostle John.

Matthew was the former publican tax collector who became an apostle.

"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts."

Every thing is all right and I do agree with you, they were Jews except for Luke but they did not write the NT and again, except for Luke who wrote the third gospel and the book of Acts.

You are right that Matthew was a former publican tax collector but he did not write the gospel attributed to him. If you want a clear evidence of the fact, read Mat. 9:9. And so all the others. Evidences point to the fact that they did not write the gospels or letters attributed to them. Only Paul did his.

Ben Masada
February 7th, 2015, 03:30 PM
[quote]Look at all the Scriptures. One proof-text is not enough. Jesus Christ was prophesied throughout the Old Testament. Some parts of the prophecies were fulfilled. Other parts of the prophecies remain to be filled in association with the return of the Messiah, King Jesus.

Quote just one for me. If I fail to tell you what it points to, I will join your church. The dead once dead will never return. Read Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; Job 10:21 and many more.

Are you perfect in your compliance to the law? I think not.

We don't have to. What we are expected is not to reject the Law. If we transgress the Law, we can always set things right with the Lord so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow. All we need is to repent, to repair and to return to the obedience of the Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

Do you follow all of the ceremonial laws including animal sacrifices and temple observances?

We don't need them anymore. By the way, the Lord never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel if you read Jer. 7:22.

The Jewish temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. You can't do the temple observances.

During 70 years of exile in Babylon we had no Temple and never a single sacrifice was made. Nevertheless, at the end of exile, our sins had been forgiven. (Dan. 9:24)

How can sins be justly pardoned? God must be just and He must punish sin, even sins that are small and few if that could be in a deceitful human being.

No, we punish ourselves according to the law of cause and effect.

God will be glorified in both vessels of justice as well as vessels of mercy.

Yes, through the law of cause and effect.

Christ offered Himself on the cross as the perfect, atoning sacrifice for sin.

Not according to the Prophets. If you read Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20, no one can die for the sins of another.

Nothing else but the blood of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, was sufficient to remove the guilt of even the smallest sin. 99% of perfection is not good enough to be justified in the sight of a Holy God.

All we need is to observe the Law. If we fail, there are ways to set things right with the Lord. (Isa. 1:18,19) Don't trust that the blood of another man will remove your guilt because you will be deeply disappointed.

Be humble, repent, believe and follow Jesus.

I already follow his Faith which was Judaism. What do you want me to do, to quit Jesus to follow the gospel of Paul? Thank you but no, thanks. I would not betray the Faith of my fellow Jew Jesus. Now, I rather urge that you should do exactly that: Quit Paul and follow Jesus.

Ben Masada
February 7th, 2015, 03:58 PM
[quote]Nope! Paul got it by direct revelation of Jesus Christ as the scripture saith (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).Why do you blaspheme? Colossians 1:13-19 KJV.

And we have only his word which was not worth believing. Regarding Col. 1:13-19, it is all about the gospel of Paul which has nothing to do with the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism.

Saul was a man who led the persecution against those of "this way" (Acts 9:1-2 KJV, Acts 22:4-5.

Paul never persecuted a single Christian. There is no Logic to this. One does not found a church to persecute the adepts. Paul was persecuting the Nazarenes, members of the "New Way" in the synagogues of the Jews. (Acts 9:1,2) "New Way" is a reference to the Sect of the Nazarenes.

Galatians 5:2 KJV You are dead wrong! The gospel of Christ is the power of God to save you!

The gospel of Jesus was Judaism. He was not a Christian.

It is the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW and is upon all them that believe!

The righteousness of God is the Law.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ.

The Faith of Jesus was Judaism.

According to the Scriptures! Read Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20.

1 Cor. 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

According to the Scriptures! Read Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; and Job 10:21.

That's not our good news! The good news is that even though the wages of sin is death, Christ took the payoff! He paid the debt in full (Romans 6:23 KJV)!

Did you read Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20? No one can die for the sins of another.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Read Eccles. 7:20. "There has never been a man upon earth who has done only good and never sinned". Jesus was a man upon earth wasn't he? There! And if you believe Mat. 23:13-33, Jesus broke the Golden Rule more than several times.

Trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! It's your only hope!

I already trust his gospel which was Judaism. He was not a Christian but a Jew whose Faith was Judaism.

nodelink
February 7th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Quote just one for me. If I fail to tell you what it points to, I will join your church.

Ben Masada, you can join Christ's church. Please do. I don't own a church.

But, let's get started.

...a virgin shall conceive and bear a son and shall call his name, Emmanuel, God with us. (Isaiah 7:14)

There is also a hint of the virgin birth in Genesis 3:15 where promises are made concerning the "seed of a woman".

What are your explanations for a virgin shall conceive...and...Emmanuel, God with us?

Thanks in advance.

nodelink
February 9th, 2015, 06:24 AM
All so-called scientific or philosophic objections to prayer as being futile rest on the false premise that there is nothing supernatural. The same materialistic arguments apply against belief in the Virgin birth, against belief in the Trinity, against faith in the bodily resurrection and the ascension of our Lord. But “there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamed of” in human philosophy.

Zwemer, S. M. (1936). Taking Hold of God: Studies on the Nature, Need and Power of Prayer (p. 72). London; Edinburgh: Marshall, Morgan & Scott.

nodelink
February 9th, 2015, 06:49 AM
Jesus Christ, the Messiah, being born in Bethlehem

Prophecy by the Prophet Micah approximately 700 years before the birth of Jesus Christ in Bethlehem...

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. - Micah 5:2

Fulfillment as reported in the Gospel of Matthew...

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. - Matthew 2:1-2

Micah's prophecy describes a supernatural Ruler-Messiah and God-Man whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. Jesus as Governor-Ruler remains to be seen when Jesus returns.

meshak
May 16th, 2015, 08:16 PM

bump

meshak
May 16th, 2015, 08:49 PM
I should change the title to "You claim..." instead of "You think..."

Daniel1611
May 16th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Of course an unsaved heretic condemns studying the scripture.

Totton Linnet
May 17th, 2015, 07:52 AM
meshak supports Islam state terrorists when they slaughter christians

Grosnick Marowbe
May 17th, 2015, 08:32 AM

You need another vacation. Hopefully soon.

meshak
May 17th, 2015, 04:24 PM
:

Totton Linnet
May 19th, 2015, 11:59 PM
meshak supports Islam terrorists

meshak
May 20th, 2015, 02:53 AM

Anto9us
May 20th, 2015, 03:47 AM
How come you "hem-haw" and won't answer Totton's question about supporting muslim terrorists, Meshak?

Are you SKEERT?

oatmeal
May 20th, 2015, 04:20 AM

Interesting

However, there is a difference supposing you have eternal life and knowing you have eternal life.

God makes it clear that if you have eternal life, you can know it and should know it.

God wants us to know if we have it. That would take some heavy burdens off of people.

Totton Linnet
May 20th, 2015, 09:41 AM
How come you "hem-haw" and won't answer Totton's question about supporting muslim terrorists, Meshak?

Are you SKEERT?

She believes it is God punishing the trins, so although she rips into the church for supporting the military, yet she approves of the Islams being militarized so they can punish the trins.

God using the islamists to behead Christians.....

meshak
May 20th, 2015, 11:09 AM

God makes it clear that if you have eternal life, you can know it and should know it.

How do you figure that?

Totton Linnet
May 20th, 2015, 02:50 PM

Are you SKEERT?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4206371&postcount=3

This is what meshak believes about Islam state and their beheading Christians who refuse to convert....even children

Ben Masada
May 21st, 2015, 02:47 PM
1 - Jesus Christ, the Messiah, being born in Bethlehem.

2 - Prophecy by the Prophet Micah approximately 700 years before the birth of Jesus Christ in Bethlehem...

3 - But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. - Micah 5:2

4 - Fulfillment as reported in the Gospel of Matthew...

5 - Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. - Matthew 2:1-2

6 - Micah's prophecy describes a supernatural Ruler-Messiah and God-Man whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. Jesus as Governor-Ruler remains to be seen when Jesus returns.

1 - If that's the reason why you claim him to have been the Messiah, Know that thousands of Jews were born in Bethlehem.

2 - According to whom? Micah 2 is a reference to David in the type level of Philosophy and to Judah as the archetype.

3 - See what I mean? David became a ruler in Israel and Jesus never. About the "goings forth from everlasting" is Judah alright if you read Jer. 31:35-37 which Israel aka Judah is stated to remain as a People before the Lord forever as long as the natural laws work properly.

4 - Written by a Hellenist former disciple of Paul's. What did he know of Jewish culture?

5 - And when did Jesus ever become a king of the Jews? Only on that plate nailed on the top of his cross? INRI.

6 - Keep waiting. Perhaps you will have to wait another 2,000 years. In the meantime, BB Netanyahu is the king.

jamie
May 21st, 2015, 03:00 PM
Jesus' kingdom is not of this age. What will you do when the end comes?

Lazy afternoon
May 21st, 2015, 03:41 PM
1 - If that's the reason why you claim him to have been the Messiah, Know that thousands of Jews were born in Bethlehem.

2 - According to whom? Micah 2 is a reference to David in the type level of Philosophy and to Judah as the archetype.

3 - See what I mean? David became a ruler in Israel and Jesus never. About the "goings forth from everlasting" is Judah alright if you read Jer. 31:35-37 which Israel aka Judah is stated to remain as a People before the Lord forever as long as the natural laws work properly.

4 - Written by a Hellenist former disciple of Paul's. What did he know of Jewish culture?

5 - And when did Jesus ever become a king of the Jews? Only on that plate nailed on the top of his cross? INRI.

6 - Keep waiting. Perhaps you will have to wait another 2,000 years. In the meantime, BB Netanyahu is the king.

To put it simply--

Jesus was rejected as the King He really was, because unbelievers do not want that sort of King.

Unbelievers prefer the kind of King according to their own heart of
the loving of money, glory of self, and the killing of those who they steal off.

Thus you decide your own end.

LA

Lazy afternoon
May 21st, 2015, 03:48 PM
She believes it is God punishing the trins, so although she rips into the church for supporting the military, yet she approves of the Islams being militarized so they can punish the trins.

God using the islamists to behead Christians.....

Why does God not stop the Islamics?

That is the question you should ask and find the answer for.

Some of the answer is that men raise up their own enemies by both corruption and neglect.

Do you not believe God rules over the affairs of men, especially of His own people?

Do you not believe God punishes mankind?

Are you not trying to crucify Meshak?

Are you God?

You think you are.

LA

meshak
June 12th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Quote:

Bright Raven
June 12th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Quote:

So, you believe you can have eternal life through Jesus?

Angel4Truth
June 12th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Quote:

You said before that the book of John is without legitimacy because of these verses (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4346117&postcount=694) and you told another you tell people that they need to read 3 of the gospels only, and excluded the book of John - have you changed your mind now since you have found something in it you can cite from context and that you like?

meshak
July 19th, 2015, 07:53 AM
:

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Why does God not stop the Islamics?

That is the question you should ask and find the answer for.

Some of the answer is that men raise up their own enemies by both corruption and neglect.

Do you not believe God rules over the affairs of men, especially of His own people?

Do you not believe God punishes mankind?

Are you God?

You think you are.

LA

So categorically are you saying with jerzy and shackles that God is using Islam to punish the Trins?

When Nero all but wiped the church out with his persecutions was that God punishing the church?

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 07:57 AM

This is an extremely IGNORANT post. Although, ALL of your posts are.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 08:02 AM
You said before that the book of John is without legitimacy because of these verses (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4346117&postcount=694) and you told another you tell people that they need to read 3 of the gospels only, and excluded the book of John - have you changed your mind now since you have found something in it you can cite from context and that you like?

A while back she only trusted in the books of Matthew and Mark. She
despises the Apostle Paul. She has called him an anti-Christ. She the
most ignorant poster on TOL.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 08:05 AM

LA

What a dumb thing to say. It's expected though, considering the source.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 08:10 AM

How do you get to KNOW Jesus teachings, unless you study the Scriptures?
Do you have a secret way of doing that?

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 08:16 AM

His no1 command is to love the brethren...are you obedient?

meshak
July 19th, 2015, 11:11 AM
it is impossible to get rid of hecklers.

Totton Linnet
July 19th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Just answer their questions.

Do you have any love for the brethren? no, so you fail the most important command.

Ye must be born again, unless meshak is born again she cannot see the Kingdom of God...have you been born again?

Bright Raven
July 19th, 2015, 01:17 PM
John 3:16Modern English Version (MEV)

16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Meshek, I know that I have eternal life you don't.

serpentdove
July 19th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Why are you even here?Why are you here? (http://vananne.com/serpentdove/TP_Why%20are%20you%20here%20Red%20Forman%20Kurtw.w av) ~ Red Foreman 2 Pe 2:1

If you had the power of Elijah would you have called down fire from heaven to consume her by now? 2 Kin. 1:10–12

As a reminder meshak is number 17 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86620) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. http://orig15.deviantart.net/c48e/f/2008/334/a/3/vivi_burn_emoticon_by_metalsoniccomicz.gif

meshak
July 19th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by musterion View Post
Why are you even here?

Why are you in my thread?

You are heckler too.

Bright Raven
July 19th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Why are you in my thread?

You are heckler too.

Probably because this is an open forum.

glorydaz
July 19th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Probably because this is an open forum.

She hates that, doesn't she? She and God's UNtruth must have a huge mirror in their house where they can primp and simp before posting. :chew:

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 09:54 PM
She hates that, doesn't she? She and God's UNtruth must have a huge mirror in their house where they can primp and simp before posting. :chew:

I'll bet Meshak has her hat and glasses Dry cleaned.

Grosnick Marowbe
July 19th, 2015, 09:57 PM
You are heckler too.

Next time say, "You are a heckler as well." That'll make you sound
smarter.

freelight
July 20th, 2015, 12:59 AM

Hello meshak and all following,

I've read only the first 4 pages here,....and would agree with A4T's response (without the name-calling), that Jesus is not discouraging the study of scripture, but only emphasizing that such a 'study' would encourage the student to COME TO JESUS...that he would receive eternal life through such a 'meeting'. I'm sure you would agree that a person must accept Jesus first, and then his teachings, logically so.

Jesus was criticizing them for not understanding that the scriptures were pointing to him as the 'Christ' or 'Messenger' of 'God', the one coming to reveal or represent him.

This is pretty clear in the gospels, more particularly John's gospel, Jesus being the bread of life come down from heaven....the one we must receive in order to have eternal life. So all is really about what the scriptures are revealing, and the prophetic word that is embodied in and as Jesus, who is the one we are to RECEIVE. John's gospel emphasizes a spiritual communion or marriage with Jesus, whereby we come to know that we have eternal life, by the witness of His Spirit within us, confirmed by the prophetic word, which is our salvation.

Addendum:

Addressed above. Religious writings certainly have their place, and are studied by many of our world's religious traditions, as each religious cult-ure has their own sacred writings. Jesus apparently quotes from the OT and would have encouraged his disciples to know their own scriptures.

Sure, theres lots of verses and passages thrown out, discussed, debated and variously 'interpreted',....and debates or arguments can get circular, tedious and non-productive after a point. Now as to what Jesus simple teachings and commands are, you know that's pretty 'debatable' around here as well ;) - and so its back on the hamster wheel again.....

pj

oatmeal
July 20th, 2015, 03:49 AM

read OP Jesus' word.

Do you trust Matthew? It is Matthew that wrote down the words in Matthew?

Do you trust Mark? It is Mark that wrote down the words in Mark

Do you trust Luke and John?

It is Matthew and Mark and Luke and John that wrote down those words, Jesus did not write those words

Do you trust Matthew and Mark and Luke and John?

Who told Matthew and Mark and Luke and John to write what they wrote?

II Timothy 3:16, God did. II Peter 1:21 God did.

Who told Paul to write what he wrote? God did.

oatmeal
July 20th, 2015, 03:50 AM

Ok, I won't.

Don't forget the truth part.

oatmeal
July 20th, 2015, 03:58 AM

Then you miss out on what Jesus accomplished for you.

Paul was given the revelation to write what Jesus Christ accomplished for you.

He did not fulfill all until he sat down at the right hand of the throne of God and shed forth the gift of holy spirit. Acts 2:33

We must learn what Jesus Christ accomplished for us. To learn that we must turn to Paul's epistles.

Truths like Romans 5:1,9;8:1;12:1-3,10

And that is simply a tiny portion of what Jesus Christ made available to us.

If you want to deny what Jesus did, you can stay in the gospels, if you want to glorify God for what Jesus Christ did for you, you will have to learn from Paul's and Peter's and John's and Jude's writings

meshak
July 20th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Do you trust Matthew? It is Matthew that wrote down the words in Matthew?

Do you trust Mark? It is Mark that wrote down the words in Mark

Do you trust Luke and John?

It is Matthew and Mark and Luke and John that wrote down those words, Jesus did not write those words

Do you trust Matthew and Mark and Luke and John?

Who told Matthew and Mark and Luke and John to write what they wrote?

II Timothy 3:16, God did. II Peter 1:21 God did.

Who told Paul to write what he wrote? God did.

We ought to read Jesus' word to learn how to apply to our daily lives' to live godly or righteously.

You guys don't seem to realize Jesus' main teachings are all about us to live godly with pure mind.

Jesus was mainly sent to give us power to overcome our sins. Jesus teaches us plainly and simply.

The rest of disciples' word are only emphasizing to be obedient to Jesus' commands or teachings.

Convenient faith was already started early Christianity, it seems.

this post is for free light too.

blessings.

meshak
July 20th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Then you miss out on what Jesus accomplished for you.

That's your opinion. I am not missing anything.

I know Jesus is perfect teacher of salvation. He taught us everything we need to know.

freelight
July 20th, 2015, 10:17 PM
We ought to read Jesus' word to learn how to apply to our daily lives' to live godly or righteously.

You guys don't seem to realize Jesus' main teachings are all about us to live godly with pure mind.

Jesus was mainly sent to give us power to overcome our sins. Jesus teaches us plainly and simply.

The rest of disciples' word are only emphasizing to be obedient to Jesus' commands or teachings.

Convenient faith was already started early Christianity, it seems.

this post is for free light too.

blessings.

I got it,...while my former commentary still holds :) I don't disagree with you in principle,...most differences are in the subtle details and meanings of terms. I don't think any believer in Christ would deny that we are to be pure, holy, good, upright, righteous, DOING God's will.

As far as Paul goes, you and I appear to agree on some points, as there are problems with Paul as we've elaborated elsewhere. Even if you take Paul's writings as 'scripture', one is still encouraged to DO WHAT IS RIGHT,....this is a universal principle, obeying/respecting God's laws and serving 'God' and our fellow man by such principles as taught and LIVED by Jesus. It still includes following the human example of Jesus and living by the 'Christ' within,...you can look at both 'exoteric' and 'esoteric' aspects of Jesus teaching ( or Paul's for that matter,...just remember to do your best 'cherry-picking' ;) )

We can toss the ball farther out, and say that 'eternal life' is just a 'concept' anyways,...it can mean different things for different people. Some think they know all about it, but maybe we don't know and are just doing religious guesswork or picking out whatever doctrine feels the best :idunno:

Who knows?

pj

oatmeal
July 21st, 2015, 03:35 AM
That's your opinion. I am not missing anything.

I know Jesus is perfect teacher of salvation. He taught us everything we need to know.

Did he?

How do you explain John 16:12-15?

There were truths that Jesus did not teach them that they could not bear now, but would be taught by the spirit of truth.

oatmeal
July 21st, 2015, 03:37 AM
How do you figure that?

I read I John 5:13 and I believe it.

Of course, I was taught it within its context, but I chose to believe it.

I have the witness within myself and I know I have received the gift of eternal life.

That is not boasting, it is simply declaring what God wants me to know and I declare that.

I cannot declare things I know nothing of, but I can declare what I do know, and I know I have received the gift of eternal life from God.

It is available for any Christian to know.

God did not author scripture for our learning if He actually wanted us to remain ignorant of what it says.

Romans 6:23 is plain, the gift of God is eternal life...

God is giving away eternal life. Would God want you to know whether you have received it or not?

Ben Masada
July 21st, 2015, 03:44 AM
Jesus' kingdom is not of this age. What will you do when the end comes?

If the end ever comes, it will be for the other nations, not for Israel which will be only chastised as we deserve. That's in Jeremiah 46:28.

meshak
July 21st, 2015, 06:21 AM
I read I John 5:13 and I believe it.

These things are written to further our faithfulness. Not for debate or arguing.

It is all about Jesus and His teachings to practice what we claim.

meshak
July 21st, 2015, 06:24 AM
Did he?

How do you explain John 16:12-15?

There were truths that Jesus did not teach them that they could not bear now, but would be taught by the spirit of truth.

They were new believers, we are not. It has been 2000 years since Jesus came.

Ben Masada
July 22nd, 2015, 08:11 AM
John 3:16Modern English Version (MEV)

16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

God so loved the world that to teach the world what love is, he was born as a Jew. Then the world killed him to show that they were not ready to learn what love is.

meshak
July 22nd, 2015, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post

So boastful, it is not of Jesus. You don't have Jesus' spirit in you.

freelight
July 22nd, 2015, 05:34 PM
So boastful, it is not of Jesus. You don't have Jesus' spirit in you.

Well,....when it comes down to claiming that one has eternal life, and another does not,...that could be somewhat presumptuous, if its only based upon an acceptance or agreement of some doctrinal position or proposition. Eternal life itself,...is of the essence or Spirit of 'God', since 'God' is LIFE itself. If one has the Spirit of God indwelling them and is living according to the law or principles of that Spirit-presence, then they are abiding in that life-principle and living energy that is of 'God'. By nature it would be 'eternal', and give that soul immortality-potential. Therefore, there could be a point in time where the soul could merge with that living Spirit of God and become truly immortal. - all the rest are subtle details and speculations ;)

pj

Daniel1611
July 22nd, 2015, 05:47 PM
Jesus said, "I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish. Neither shall any man pluck them from my hand."

StanJ
July 22nd, 2015, 06:16 PM

He was speaking to people who THOUGHT they knew what the scriptures said here, and showed them what they actually said. YOU would know that if YOU could understand and properly exegete scripture.

Matt 5:17
Do not think that I came to abolish the law or the prophets. I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill.

Matt 5:18
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Jesus used the phrase "it is written", over 70 times in the NT.

I'm very sure it is important to learn and KNOW how to read scripture in it's correct rendering. You should try it sometime.

meshak
July 22nd, 2015, 08:14 PM
Jesus said, "I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish. Neither shall any man pluck them from my hand."

It is conditional. If you are only giving a lip service, it does not count.

Jesus says "if you love Me, keep my commands".

Ben Masada
July 23rd, 2015, 03:31 AM

Nevertheless, people perish every day whether they claim to believe in Jesus or not. So, what are you talking about?