PDA

View Full Version : the thousand years

Pages : [1] 2

chrysostom
July 12th, 2014, 01:40 PM
the thousand years

You have to start with the thousand years. It should be the easiest to find and it is easy to find as long as you are not looking for Jesus to reign. Chapter twenty does not say Jesus will reign even though many think so. It says the saints will reign with Christ (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=rev+20%3A6&version=KJV) and any time two or more are gathered in His name (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+18:20&version=KJV), He said He would be with them. The Byzantine Empire (https://www.google.com/search?q=Byzantine+Empire&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs) consisted of a whole lot of Christians gathered in His name and they reigned for over a thousand years.

back to
the apocalypse (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102616)

Jerry Shugart
July 12th, 2014, 01:48 PM
You have to start with the thousand years. It should be the easiest to find and it is easy to find as long as you are not looking for Jesus to reign. Chapter twenty does not say Jesus will reign even though many think so. It says the saints will reign with Christ and any time two or more are gathered in His name, He said He would be with them. The Byzantine Empire (https://www.google.com/search?q=Byzantine+Empire&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs) consisted of a whole lot of Christians gathered in His name and they reigned for over a thousand years.

As soon as the Lord Jesus returns to the earth then He will sit upon His throne and begin to reign:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).

chrysostom
July 12th, 2014, 01:51 PM
As soon as the Lord Jesus returns to the earth then He will sit upon His throne and begin to reign:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).

where does it say Christ will reign for a thousand years?

Jerry Shugart
July 12th, 2014, 03:44 PM
where does it say Christ will reign for a thousand years?

We know that He will reign on the earth when He begins to sit upon His throne and here we see the length of His reign:

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years" (Rev.20:6).

Nang
July 12th, 2014, 03:46 PM
The thousand years are not literal, but encompass the entire period between the first coming of Christ and His second coming. Then shall come the final resurrection and universal white-throne judgement. Revelation Chapter 20

This is the a-millennial view.

The 5 solas
July 12th, 2014, 03:48 PM
The thousand years are not literal, but encompass the entire period between the first coming of Christ and His second coming. Then shall come the final resurrection and universal white-throne judgement. Revelation Chapter 20

Yes, this is what I believe too.

chrysostom
July 29th, 2014, 04:17 AM
We know that He will reign on the earth when He begins to sit upon His throne and here we see the length of His reign:

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years" (Rev.20:6).

so where does it say Christ will reign for a thousand years?

chrysostom
August 2nd, 2014, 03:49 AM

amillennialism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amillennialism) was a reasonable view
but
a literal interpretation should be investigated
now
that we have history to guide us

a christian empire that lasts over 1000 years can't be ignored
nor
can you ignore the enemies of such an empire

resurrected
August 2nd, 2014, 04:26 AM
barbie has returned to tol

surely there must be something in revelations about that

chrysostom
August 12th, 2014, 04:51 AM
some say there will be peace for a thousand years
the apocalypse does not say that

some say Christ will reign
it does say Christ will be with them
Jesus said He would be with them when they gather in His name

some say this is the kingdom
Jesus said His kingdom is not of this world

jamie
August 12th, 2014, 06:34 AM

The priests of God and of Christ will reign with Christ for a thousand years.

Where will the priests of God and of Christ reign? They will reign on earth.

For how long? A thousand years.

Where will Christ be? Christ will be with them. He said he will never leave them or forsake them.

What happens after the thousand years? The rest of the dead are raised to live again.

jamie
August 12th, 2014, 06:38 AM

Jesus' kingdom is not of this world, it is of the world to come of which we speak. (Hebrews 2:5)

rstrats
August 12th, 2014, 08:45 AM
resurrected,

re: "surely there must be something in revelations about that"

Any particular reason for adding an "s" at the end of "revelations"?

HisServant
August 12th, 2014, 08:53 AM
amillennialism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amillennialism) was a reasonable view
but
a literal interpretation should be investigated
now
that we have history to guide us

a christian empire that lasts over 1000 years can't be ignored
nor
can you ignore the enemies of such an empire

To call it a christian empire is quite a very loose use of the word Christian... especially when it goes against the entire idea of us being light and salt in the world. Jesus never intended his followers to rule with a sword to peoples necks.

Nick M
August 12th, 2014, 09:10 AM
His kingdom will have no end. The 12 apostles will sit in judgment over the 12 tribes. This did not happen.

SaulToPaul
August 12th, 2014, 10:33 AM
The reason for a literal 1000 years:

Joel 2:25 (KJV)

Letsargue
August 12th, 2014, 06:04 PM

HEY!!! --- ((( Joel 2:27 KJV ))) -- 27- "(( And "YE" shall "Know" "that I am in the midst of Israel" )), and that I am the LORD (( "YOUR" )) God, (((( And None Else )))): AND "MY" people shall never be ashamed". --//-----

OOOPPPSSS!!! - Where do you get that your Scripture is referring to the Thousand Years??? -- Just two verses farther and you "NEVER FOUND" that God is speaking to (( Israel )), "and No one else"!!! - Not to the Gentiles of Your ( END TIME )!!!

Man, I don't know HOW you all do that!!!

Paul, David -- 081214

Letsargue
August 12th, 2014, 06:24 PM
His kingdom will have no end. The 12 apostles will sit in judgment over the 12 tribes. This did not happen.

GOD Didn't say it Would!! -- The ( Christians ) will be Kings and Priests, and Judge!!

((( 1 Corinthians 2:15 KJV ))) -- 15- "(( But he that is Spiritual )) (( judgeth all things )), yet he himself is judged of no man". --//-----

Paul, David -- 081214

Nick M
August 12th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Man, I don't know HOW you all do that!!!

Paul, David -- 081214

Of course you don't know how, you are an idiot. :loser:

Nick M
August 12th, 2014, 09:17 PM

GOD Didn't say it Would!!

Matthew 19

28 So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

This didn't happen. But he did say it would. Prophecy for kingdoms are conditional.

glorydaz
August 12th, 2014, 09:35 PM
GOD Didn't say it Would!! -- The ( Christians ) will be Kings and Priests, and Judge!!

((( 1 Corinthians 2:15 KJV ))) -- 15- "(( But he that is Spiritual )) (( judgeth all things )), yet he himself is judged of no man". --//-----

Paul, David -- 081214

Why are you using that verse when it is talking about discernment in the here and now?

glorydaz
August 12th, 2014, 09:38 PM

Well, there were four thousand years before Christ and two thousand years after Christ, which puts us at the close of day six ready to enter day seven. Seems like those are literal thousand years to me. Could you elaborate for those of us who have an ear to hear? :)

OCTOBER23
August 12th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Of course, the Catholic church will no longer exist during the Millennium because .....

Ex 15:18 The LORD shall reign for ever and ever.

Ps 146:10 The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.

Isa 24:23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Re 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Re 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Ktoyou
August 12th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Has anyone heard of the gospel of Peter, or Thomas?

steko
August 12th, 2014, 10:41 PM

Yeah, Gnostic stuff.
Doesn't square with canon.

jamie
August 13th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Well, there were four thousand years before Christ and two thousand years after Christ, which puts us at the close of day six ready to enter day seven. Seems like those are literal thousand years to me.

Yes, Gabriel said the Messiah would be cut off in the midst of the week. In this case, the midst of a millennial set of seven.

chrysostom
August 26th, 2014, 06:07 AM
7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

I don't think satan will be chained in prison
I don't think there will be peace
I do think the christian world will have a chance to develop
I do think it already happened
and
we will continue to fight the beast

False Prophet
August 26th, 2014, 03:16 PM
20:1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.
Rev 20
The millennium starts with the binding of Satan. I guess we have to have spiritual eyes to see this. But this happens at the second coming. Every eye shall see Jesus. So we do not need special vision to see his second coming. This is not as difficult as it seems. Some seem to think that we can not understand the Bible without a special key.

aikido7
August 26th, 2014, 03:24 PM
the thousand years

You have to start with the thousand years. It should be the easiest to find and it is easy to find as long as you are not looking for Jesus to reign. Chapter twenty does not say Jesus will reign even though many think so. It says the saints will reign with Christ (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=rev+20%3A6&version=KJV) and any time two or more are gathered in His name (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+18:20&version=KJV), He said He would be with them. The Byzantine Empire (https://www.google.com/search?q=Byzantine+Empire&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs) consisted of a whole lot of Christians gathered in His name and they reigned for over a thousand years.

back to
the apocalypse (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102616)The "thousand years" theology came about in 1830. It is a dysfunctional belief system that sees Jesus and God as divine child abusers and ethnic cleansers.

Whenever someone points to anything in the New Testament that seems to portray Jesus as a psychopathic killer, it is easy for me to conclude that he is not "walking his talk."

NO ONE would be given such elevated titles as "Son of God," "Lord," "Prince of Peace" or "Savior" if they simply acted like your normal and sinful human being. People saw God in Jesus and it was for a good reason.

Eleutherius
August 26th, 2014, 05:08 PM
RE: 1000 year reign

...one thousand years or a complete and predetermined amount of time (one week of years) – this was the first resurrection. “Blessed and holy is he who has part in the First Resurrection: over these the second death has no authority; but they shall be priests of God and of His Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years (vs. 7 cf 3:20; 6:10; 15:1).” When the thousand years were completed, Satan had his little season (vs. 7 [cf chapter 9 & 11:7-14; Luke 22:53)]. Here, it was called by reference to the historical event of Gog and Magog or Gog of the land of Magog, the prince, leader of Meshech and Tubal: this was Antiochus Epiphanes of Greece (Daniel: chapters 8 & 11) who was eaten by worms before he was able to destroy Jerusalem. Here, the battle took a turn in accomplishment, Jerusalem was dominated by the enemy: Satan and all of the demonic forces (cf the sixth trumpet and sixth bowl); the city and religious system was finally destroyed.

The context of the 2 or 3 of Matthew 18 is in legal context, i.e., the church court. Does Christ abandon the solitary believer?

chrysostom
August 26th, 2014, 05:29 PM
20:1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.
Rev 20
The millennium starts with the binding of Satan. I guess we have to have spiritual eyes to see this. But this happens at the second coming. Every eye shall see Jesus. So we do not need special vision to see his second coming. This is not as difficult as it seems. Some seem to think that we can not understand the Bible without a special key.

why do you think the thousand years start with the second coming?

chrysostom
August 26th, 2014, 05:34 PM
RE: 1000 year reign

...one thousand years or a complete and predetermined amount of time (one week of years) – this was the first resurrection. “Blessed and holy is he who has part in the First Resurrection: over these the second death has no authority; but they shall be priests of God and of His Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years (vs. 7 cf 3:20; 6:10; 15:1).” When the thousand years were completed, Satan had his little season (vs. 7 [cf chapter 9 & 11:7-14; Luke 22:53)]. Here, it was called by reference to the historical event of Gog and Magog or Gog of the land of Magog, the prince, leader of Meshech and Tubal: this was Antiochus Epiphanes of Greece (Daniel: chapters 8 & 11) who was eaten by worms before he was able to destroy Jerusalem. Here, the battle took a turn in accomplishment, Jerusalem was dominated by the enemy: Satan and all of the demonic forces (cf the sixth trumpet and sixth bowl); the city and religious system was finally destroyed.

The context of the 2 or 3 of Matthew 18 is in legal context, i.e., the church court. Does Christ abandon the solitary believer?

what do you make of the first resurrection
and
the second death?

Totton Linnet
August 26th, 2014, 05:36 PM
The 1,000 years comes In between...which is why I favour the futurist approach.

False Prophet
August 26th, 2014, 05:36 PM
The Coming of Christ
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, “Come, assemble for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great.”
19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.
Doom of the Beast and False Prophet
20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh. Rev 19

This chapter precedes the arrival of the millennium. I believe that chronology fits here in Revelation. Chapter 19 comes before chapter 20, and chronology seems to fit.

chrysostom
August 26th, 2014, 05:40 PM
The 1,000 years comes In between...which is why I favour the futurist approach.

between what?

the future can be anything you want it to be

chrysostom
August 26th, 2014, 05:43 PM
The Coming of Christ
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, “Come, assemble for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great.”
19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.
Doom of the Beast and False Prophet
20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh. Rev 19

This chapter precedes the arrival of the millennium. I believe that chronology fits here in Revelation. Chapter 19 comes before chapter 20, and chronology seems to fit.

the theory of recapitulation suggests that each vision must be considered separately
and
the chapters are not necessarily in chronological order

Totton Linnet
August 26th, 2014, 05:52 PM
between what?

the future can be anything you want it to be

the first res and the sec death.

parallelism is not without virtue, because the future is constantly foreshadowed...the nature of evil does not change.

chrysostom
August 26th, 2014, 06:06 PM
the first res and the sec death.

so what are they?

False Prophet
August 26th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Constantinople which was the eastern Roman Empire rose 325? and fell around 1204 to the Christian knights during the Crusades. This was short of 1000 years. Rome if it did start with Romulus in 756 BC; barring the incursion of the Etruscans in between, Rome fell in 476 AD far beyond 1000 years. What about the Chinese? China had numerous invasions and different dynasties. Jesus never visited China! The mother Mary looked over the city of Constantinople.

aikido7
August 26th, 2014, 07:46 PM
"The Father makes his sun shine on both the good and the evil and sends his rain to fall on the righteous as well as the unrighteous."

--Jesus in Matthew's Sermon on the Mount.

chrysostom
August 26th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Constantinople which was the eastern Roman Empire rose 325? and fell around 1204 to the Christian knights during the Crusades. This was short of 1000 years. Rome if it did start with Romulus in 756 BC; barring the incursion of the Etruscans in between, Rome fell in 476 AD far beyond 1000 years. What about the Chinese? China had numerous invasions and different dynasties. Jesus never visited China! The mother Mary looked over the city of Constantinople.

ask any legitimate historian
and
they will tell you
that
the byzantine empire lasted over 1000 years
and
that it was a christian empire
historians invented it

aikido7
August 26th, 2014, 09:03 PM
"Pray to the Father in secret."

"Who made ME a judge?"

"Pay attention to the log in your own eye first before you point out the speck of sawdust in your neighbors."

"Love God and love your neighbor as yourself. On this hangs everything."

chrysostom
September 18th, 2014, 04:42 AM
this is where you start
you should be able to find it
if
it lasted a thousand years
and
you can't dismiss it
if
it fits

it may not meet you preconceived notions
but
you might check this out
while
you are waiting to see
what
you think is going to happen

chrysostom
October 1st, 2014, 04:08 AM
the byzantine empire
it fits
it starts out with the first beast
and
it ends with the second beast
so
how can you ignore it?

chrysostom
October 18th, 2014, 03:07 AM
this is the first
and
the biggest piece of the puzzle
so
now you check to see
if
it fits with all the other pieces
and
history is where you look

chrysostom
November 6th, 2014, 04:02 AM
the thousand years

back to

how can you ignore a christian empire that lasted one thousand years?

Jacob
November 6th, 2014, 05:29 PM
how can you ignore a christian empire that lasted one thousand years?If the thousand years is a time past then when would it be? What if it is a time future? Remember, satan is not involved with the thousand years.

chrysostom
November 21st, 2014, 05:55 AM
Remember, satan is not involved with the thousand years.

does it say that?

how do you know what the thousand years will be?

rstrats
November 21st, 2014, 06:46 AM
chrysostom,

re: "does it say that? how do you know what the thousand years will be?'

Revelation 20:2-3 says that Satan will be bound for a thousand years, during which time he will not be deceiving the nations. What thousand year period do you think is being referenced?

chrysostom
November 21st, 2014, 06:55 AM
chrysostom,

re: "does it say that? how do you know what the thousand years will be?'

Revelation 20:2-3 says that Satan will be bound for a thousand years, during which time he will not be deceiving the nations. What thousand year period do you think is being referenced?

we already have a christian empire that lasted one thousand years

the byzantine empire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Empire)

how does it not satisfy Revelation 20?

jamie
November 21st, 2014, 08:29 AM
we already have a christian empire that lasted one thousand years

the byzantine empire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Empire)

how does it not satisfy Revelation 20?

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. (Revelation 20:5)

After the thousand year period there is a resurrection of the dead. This has not happened yet.

chrysostom
November 21st, 2014, 08:37 AM
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. (Revelation 20:5)

After the thousand year period there is a resurrection of the dead. This has not happened yet.

how do you know that?

Jacob
November 21st, 2014, 10:19 AM
does it say that?

how do you know what the thousand years will be?Where is satan during the thousand years according to the Bible (the book of Revelation)?

chrysostom
November 21st, 2014, 10:30 AM
Where is satan during the thousand years according to the Bible (the book of Revelation)?

so when you see satan chained in the bottomless pit
you will know the thousand years have started?

what do you think that will look like?

Jacob
November 21st, 2014, 10:40 AM
so when you see satan chained in the bottomless pit
you will know the thousand years have started?

what do you think that will look like?If satan is let out after the thousand years, does that mean satan was involved in the thousand years or was not involved in the thousand years?

I believe you posited that the thousand years already occurred. If so, when was that and was satan involved?

chrysostom
November 21st, 2014, 11:54 AM
If satan is let out after the thousand years, does that mean satan was involved in the thousand years or was not involved in the thousand years?

I believe you posited that the thousand years already occurred. If so, when was that and was satan involved?

all you have to do is identify the beasts

paganism the first beast
was mortally wounded at the beginning of the byzantine empire

islam the second beast
ended the byzantine empire

Jacob
November 21st, 2014, 11:59 AM
all you have to do is identify the beasts

paganism the first beast
was mortally wounded at the beginning of the byzantine empire

islam the second beast
ended the byzantine empirechrysostom, I have not idea what you are talking about.

I was asking you if you believe satan has already been released or has the thousand years been yet to happen as you are leading people to believe you believe.

chrysostom
November 21st, 2014, 12:11 PM
chrysostom, I have not idea what you are talking about.

I was asking you if you believe satan has already been released or has the thousand years been yet to happen as you are leading people to believe you believe.

do you have any idea as to who is the first and second beast?
and
you will not know what I am talking about
if
you don't

Jacob
November 21st, 2014, 12:12 PM
do you have any idea as to who is the first and second beast?
and
you will not know what I am talking about
if
you don'tI don't, but I still don't know what you are talking about.

chrysostom
November 21st, 2014, 12:20 PM
I don't, but I still don't know what you are talking about.

this verse ties them all together

Revelation 17:8King James Version (KJV)

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Jacob
November 21st, 2014, 12:23 PM
this verse ties them all together

Revelation 17:8King James Version (KJV)

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
Do you remember the dragon, the snake (or, serpent) of old, is the devil/satan?

chrysostom
November 21st, 2014, 12:27 PM
Do you remember the dragon, the snake (or, serpent) of old, is the devil/satan?

I remember this

Revelation 20:2King James Version (KJV)

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

OCTOBER23
November 21st, 2014, 12:30 PM
Chrys said,

The Byzantine Empire consisted of a whole lot of Christians gathered in His name and they reigned for over a thousand years.
------------------------------------------------

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Chrys you break me up. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So many many things wrong with that.

You can't be Serious, you just can't be.......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

1. The Byzantine Empire consisted of a whole lot of Roman Catholics.

2. And Where are those Byzantine people today = DEAD.

3. Jesus is going to Reign after the ANTICHRIST is DEAD.

4. That is the Problem with the Catholics,
they let the Gay Priests do all the thinking for them.

5. Oh well, you can take a donkey to Living water
but he is just too stubborn to drink.

Jacob
November 21st, 2014, 12:31 PM
I remember this

Revelation 20:2King James Version (KJV)

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,Do you say a dragon and a beast are different from each other, in terms of what we find in the book of Revelation?

chrysostom
November 21st, 2014, 12:34 PM
Do you say a dragon and a beast are different from each other, in terms of what we find in the book of Revelation?

you will see that they are all one and the same
if
you combine 17:8 with 20:2

Jacob
November 21st, 2014, 12:36 PM
you will see that they are all one and the same
if
you combine 17:8 with 20:2If the beast and the dragon are satan were you not saying the beast is something different?

I don't know that the beast is satan.

chrysostom
November 21st, 2014, 12:43 PM
If the beast and the dragon are satan were you not saying the beast is something different?

I don't know that the beast is satan.

please look at this link

was, and is not, and yet is (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?b=1117)

Jacob
November 21st, 2014, 12:50 PM
please look at this link

was, and is not, and yet is (http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?b=1117)Are you saying the beast is satan so the beast is not a kingdom?

DAN P
November 21st, 2014, 01:34 PM
some say there will be peace for a thousand years

some say Christ will reign

some say this is the kingdom

Hi , and your quoting of Matt 16:18 is coming back to BIT YOU !!

In verse 18 , Jesus says " I will build my EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY which is in the FUTURE TENSE , and it is YET in the Future .

Jesus is NOT building His Assembly today , as it will be all JEWISH , and this is Hilarious .

This EKKLESIA belongs to Jesus as verse 18 , as Jesus says He will build and just when will He build this EKKLESSIA , BUT doing the 1000 reign !!

dan p

Jacob
November 21st, 2014, 01:35 PM
Hi , and your quoting of Matt 16:18 is coming back to BIT YOU !!

In verse 18 , Jesus says " I will build my EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY which is in the FUTURE TENSE , and it is YET in the Future .

Jesus is NOT building His Assembly today , as it will be all JEWISH , and this is Hilarious .

This EKKLESIA belongs to Jesus as verse 18 , as Jesus says He will build and just when will He build this EKKLESSIA , BUT doing the 1000 reign !!

dan p
Do you believe in a New Testament church?

DAN P
November 21st, 2014, 04:31 PM
Do you believe in a New Testament church?

Hi , and the New DIATHEKE ,means , Covenant , Testament , Agreement and it is called a New Covenant in Heb 8:7 and the New Covenant is with Israel , don't you see !!

So , what does a New Testament EKKLESIA , then mean to you ??

dan p

Jacob
November 21st, 2014, 04:35 PM
Hi , and the New DIATHEKE ,means , Covenant , Testament , Agreement and it is called a New Covenant in Heb 8:7 and the New Covenant is with Israel , don't you see !!

So , what does a New Testament EKKLESIA , then mean to you ??

dan pIt means the building (of the church) started long ago. It is not that Christ will start building in the future.

DAN P
November 21st, 2014, 05:34 PM
It means the building (of the church) started long ago. It is not that Christ will start building in the future.

Hi , and if you agree that the EKKLESIA/ASSEMBLY of Matt 16:18 is yet FUTURE , then that LEAVES one EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY left , the Body of Christ , that accepts Jews and Gentiles .

The Jewish EKKJLESIA in Acts 1 and 2 did not accept Gentiles , unless they were Proselytes and Gentiles Proselytes are converted to Judaism !!

The FUTURE TENSE means it is in the Future when all the remaining Jew are saved , Rom 11:26 and enter into REST during the MILLENNIUM and these is Pre - millennial and scriptual !!

dan p

Jacob
November 21st, 2014, 05:37 PM
Hi , and if you agree that the EKKLESIA/ASSEMBLY of Matt 16:18 is yet FUTURE , then that LEAVES one EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY left , the Body of Christ , that accepts Jews and Gentiles .
Present or future to when Jesus said it, but not only future to now.

The Jewish EKKJLESIA in Acts 1 and 2 did not accept Gentiles , unless they were Proselytes and Gentiles Proselytes are converted to Judaism !!
The early church was entirely Jewish. No Gentiles.

The FUTURE TENSE means it is in the Future when all the remaining Jew are saved , Rom 11:26 and enter into REST during the MILLENNIUM and these is Pre - millennial and scriptual !!

dan p
I'm not sure of your conclusion. What was your starting point?

chrysostom
May 30th, 2015, 02:42 PM
this is where you start
how can you ignore a thousand years
it was a christian empire
really
they reigned in His name

chrysostom
June 9th, 2015, 04:50 AM
where does it say
reign of Christ
where does it say
kingdom

meshak
June 9th, 2015, 07:05 AM
where does it say
reign of Christ
where does it say
kingdom

This is your thread, you should know, friend.

Why don't you reveal it what you think?

Or are you asking because you are not sure or you don't know about the subject?

meshak
June 9th, 2015, 07:15 AM
""Who made ME a judge?"

You are taken this word out of context.

Jesus was saying he will not be the judge of greedy matter. Take look at the context, friend.

George Affleck
June 9th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Of course you don't know how, you are an idiot. :loser:

Matt 5:22KJV

chrysostom
June 9th, 2015, 10:06 AM
This is your thread, you should know, friend.

Why don't you reveal it what you think?

Or are you asking because you are not sure or you don't know about the subject?

many here say rev 20 is the kingdom and Christ will reign
and
I ask them where it says that
because
it doesn't say that

meshak
June 9th, 2015, 10:54 AM
many here say rev 20 is the kingdom and Christ will reign
and
I ask them where it says that
because
it doesn't say that

Ok, I will take a look but I know Jesus will reign a millennium with His elect.

It says clearly in the Bible. I will find it for you.

jamie
June 9th, 2015, 12:05 PM
And I saw thrones and they sat on them and judgment was committed to them.

Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands.

And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4 NKJV)

Jordan Fontenot
June 9th, 2015, 12:25 PM

If you're referring to Revelation 20:1-6 then you are a little misguided. Unless only those who are beheaded are the elect then we are in a bit of trouble. I suppose we should start lobbing off heads to ensure people make it to heaven...

George Affleck
June 10th, 2015, 05:57 PM

Meshak,

(hypothetically) If, when we get to heaven, it is shown beyond doubt that the thousand years John had in mind was figurative for a long and perfectly planned time period between Jesus' comings, (let's say, the church age), would you readily accept this explanation as valid or would you protest that God had not been clear enough?

meshak
June 10th, 2015, 07:46 PM
And I saw thrones and they sat on them and judgment was committed to them.

Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands.

And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4 NKJV)

thank you Jamie.:)

George Affleck
June 10th, 2015, 10:16 PM
And I saw thrones and they sat on them and judgement was committed to them.

Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshipped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands.

Ok, so now I have a few questions! (not presented frivolously)

1. Will the souls of those who were beheaded live and reign with or without physical heads? It says nothing about their heads being returned or getting new ones.

2. Or will they be souls only without bodies therefore not needing heads?
2b. If they have no physical bodies how will those over whom they reign recognize or relate to them?

3. Where are these souls now existing - or are they in stasis?

4. How did John see these souls? With his physical or spiritual eyes? And where were they when John saw them?

5. How is it that (presumably) thousands of souls and Christ can reign? Are they equal to Christ with regard to reigning? Are they also kings? Verse 6 says that they will also be priests. Are they to be Levitical priests and kings?

If any of the answers to these questions are figurative/spiritual instead of physical, I will immediately suggest that the thousand years could also be figurative.

BTW, the last verse is inaccurate in the NKJV.
It is not "reigned with Christ for a thousand years".
It is "reigned with Christ a thousand years".

Note that the Greek word "dia"- for, is absent.
It is not absent in "beheaded for (dia) the witness..."
Or in "for (dia) the word of God..."

chrysostom
October 2nd, 2015, 04:36 AM

it doesn't say Christ will reign

SaulToPaul
October 2nd, 2015, 07:07 AM

:chuckle:

RBBI
October 2nd, 2015, 07:30 AM
Major clue: a thousand years is like a day, and a day is like a thousand years. So what DAY do you think it's referring to? Peace

jamie
October 2nd, 2015, 07:39 AM
Major clue: a thousand years is like a day, and a day is like a thousand years. So what DAY do you think it's referring to? Peace

The seventh millennial day pictured by the weekly seventh day of rest.

jamie
October 2nd, 2015, 07:47 AM

For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5 NKJV)

And have made us kings and priests to our God and we shall reign on the earth. (Revelation 5:10 NKJV)

chrysostom
October 2nd, 2015, 08:41 AM
For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5 NKJV)

And have made us kings and priests to our God and we shall reign on the earth. (Revelation 5:10 NKJV)

so you are reigning with Christ
if
you happen to be reigning in His name

right?

RBBI
October 2nd, 2015, 01:46 PM
The seventh millennial day pictured by the weekly seventh day of rest.

And you'd be right.....:thumb:

chrysostom
October 22nd, 2015, 05:04 AM
it is history

a christian empire that lasted one thousand years

dialm
October 22nd, 2015, 06:26 AM
it is history

a christian empire that lasted one thousand years

That empire believed that it would hand the kingdom over to Christ at His coming. That the world would become more and more 'Christianized' until the Return.

Rome believes that it is the empire simply because of its longevity. But the Protestsnts explain Rome's longevity by tagging it the bad lady, (I use this childish term because Sherman has delicate ears).

chrysostom
November 6th, 2015, 06:13 PM
That empire believed that it would hand the kingdom over to Christ at His coming. That the world would become more and more 'Christianized' until the Return.

Rome believes that it is the empire simply because of its longevity. But the Protestsnts explain Rome's longevity by tagging it the bad lady, (I use this childish term because Sherman has delicate ears).

no
just on the seven hills
and
that is not sufficient
and
it was not a mystery

chrysostom
November 21st, 2015, 06:32 AM
this is where you start

there was a thousand year empire
and
it was a christian empire

duh

iamaberean
November 21st, 2015, 08:42 AM
the thousand years

back to

I have learned something new researching your OP.

I have always known that 'a thousand' is an unknown amount unless it has a qualifier, such as 1, 2, etc.

Now I know this to be true and in the case you have presented it is forever, and that is still an unknown amount of time.

Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

chrysostom
November 21st, 2015, 08:51 AM
I have learned something new researching your OP.

I have always known that 'a thousand' is an unknown amount unless it has a qualifier, such as 1, 2, etc..

how do you know that?
and
what new thing have you learned from my op?

iamaberean
November 22nd, 2015, 02:24 AM
how do you know that?
and

Mat 14:21 And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.
pentakischilioi
pen-tak-is-khil'-ee-oy
From G3999 and G5507; five times a thousand: - five thousand.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
chilioi
khil'-ee-oy
Plural of uncertain affinity; a thousand: - thousand.

fzappa13
November 22nd, 2015, 03:15 AM
And you'd be right.....:thumb:

Yes

Interplanner
November 22nd, 2015, 08:19 AM
Mat 14:21 And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.
pentakischilioi
pen-tak-is-khil'-ee-oy
From G3999 and G5507; five times a thousand: - five thousand.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
chilioi
khil'-ee-oy

compare to 'the cattle on a thousand hills.' Simply, a relative huge number.

chrysostom
December 13th, 2015, 04:25 AM
the byzantine empire was a christian empire that lasted one thousand years

how can you ignore that?

chrysostom
January 4th, 2016, 06:29 AM
it doesn't say

reign of Christ

Ben Masada
January 4th, 2016, 07:18 AM

If you read Acts 4:13, Peter and John could not have written any thing at all; Luke reports about them, Peter and John, to have been unlearned and ignorant men and, as we all know, illiterate people don't write books.

SaulToPaul
January 4th, 2016, 09:54 AM
it doesn't say

reign of Christ

patrick jane
January 4th, 2016, 10:25 AM
how do you know that?
and

that you are silly :)

chrysostom
January 4th, 2016, 11:13 AM
you can ignore anything
if
you can ignore the one thousand year empire
but
you still have the future
where
anything is possible as long as it is consistent
with
your preconceived interpretation

SaulToPaul
January 4th, 2016, 11:29 AM
you can ignore anything
if
you can ignore the one thousand year empire
but
you still have the future
where
anything is possible as long as it is consistent
with
your preconceived interpretation

Why do you ignore that nothing has yet matched the biblical description of this reign?
You so desperately want it to be one thing that you will shoe horn it to fit.

KingdomRose
January 4th, 2016, 06:18 PM
the thousand years

back to

Maybe you should desist listening to those religious leaders of yours, because it is unbelievable what they are teaching you. (And could you think of another avatar? That one makes me want to lose my dinner.)

Revelation 20:6 shows that the saints will reign WITH Christ for a thousand years.

"Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection [to heaven]; ...they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign WITH him for a thousand years." Case closed.

How about Luke 1:32,33? You say Jesus won't rule? It says: "He [Jesus] will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give him the throne of his father David; and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and his kingdom will have no end."

Doesn't this dovetail nicely with Isaiah 9:6,7? It says, "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on his shoulders....There will be no end to the increase of his government or of peace." (NASB)

And then we have Daniel 2:44, which describes an event that happens after all the major powers of the world have been defeated, up to the time in which we now live:

"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed....It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but will itself endure forever."

What is a KINGdom? It's a government headed by a KING. The Scriptures we have cited here, above, show that Christ is that King.

KingdomRose
January 4th, 2016, 06:22 PM
so where does it say Christ will reign for a thousand years?

Uh, right in that scripture. It says that the saints will rule WITH him. English grammar 101. What does "with" imply?

KingdomRose
January 4th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Yes, Gabriel said the Messiah would be cut off in the midst of the week. In this case, the midst of a millennial set of seven.

Hel-lo-o. What Gabriel told Daniel was fulfilled when Jesus died on Calvary. The "week" indicates the 7 years starting with Jesus' ministry of 3 1/2 years + the remaining 3 1/2 years when his disciples still went to the House of Israel to try and get them to repent. "In the midst of the week" happened in 33 A.D. when Jesus was indeed "cut off." If you'll look at that prophecy, you'll see that the aim was to "terminate transgression, to finish off sin, and to make atonement for error." This was why Jesus died, and it can be said that he finished off those things that were keeping mankind under Death's power. Men now had a way to receive forgiveness for sin.

This does not refer to something in the future. The Thousand-Year Reign is yet to occur, and it will happen after Armageddon. It will be a time when evil will have been banished from the earth (Satan "thrown into the abyss"), and Jesus and his saints will be guiding mankind in restoring the planet to what Adam should have done.

chrysostom
January 24th, 2016, 05:59 AM
The Thousand-Year Reign is yet to occur, and it will happen after Armageddon.

based on what?

th3.
January 24th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Can any of you understand Aramaic?

Or read any of the original scriptures?

These interpretation musings are quite pointless.

Interplanner
January 24th, 2016, 06:57 AM
I don't know what the OP meant about "start" as in 'you have to start with the 1000 years.' Start what? What starts?

chrysostom
February 2nd, 2016, 07:56 AM
meshak used my title

she has four posts in this thread

meshak
February 2nd, 2016, 08:59 AM
meshak used my title

she has four posts in this thread

Sorry, I did not realize you already had it.

I would like to restart without much of arguing and fighting.

This is just messy thread.

blessings.

chrysostom
February 2nd, 2016, 09:03 AM
This is just messy thread.

this is true
but
I have let them all make their comments
and
that is the way it should be

chrysostom
February 25th, 2016, 06:26 AM
-how often have you heard
-Christ will reign
-it does not say that
-it does say
-they will reign with Christ
-big difference

SaulToPaul
February 25th, 2016, 07:49 AM
-how often have you heard
-Christ will reign
-it does not say that
-it does say
-they will reign with Christ
-big difference

chrysostom
March 25th, 2016, 06:43 AM
before you look to the future
-look at the past
-history is the key to open the door to understanding
-there was a christian empire that lasted 1000 years
-how can you ignore it?

iamaberean
March 25th, 2016, 07:15 AM

What you are saying is that the Jews are still waiting for their Messiah and their dead have not been resurrected. That is not only Unjewish it is Unchristian and is ludicrous.

1. Jesus said he would return in judgment in the disciples generation.

2. Martha said she knew that the dead would rise again at the last day, but Jesus told her that if one would believe in Him, they would never die.

3. Jesus told his disciples that they would sit around the throne with him judging the Jews,not Christians.

4. Jesus plainly stated that His kingdom is not of this world.

chrysostom
March 25th, 2016, 07:21 AM
4. Jesus plainly stated that His kingdom is not of this world.

yes
-and it is clearly stated
-Jesus does not reign for a thousand years

Apple7
March 25th, 2016, 07:34 AM
the thousand years

back to

We are in the 1K earthly reign right now.

chrysostom
March 25th, 2016, 07:40 AM
We are in the 1K earthly reign right now.

based on what?

iamaberean
March 25th, 2016, 07:47 AM
the thousand years

back to

No, the reign Jesus was talking about did not last a thousand years. When scripture speaks of 'a thousand', it is an unknown. But we know when judgment came, because he told his disciples he would come in judgment in their generation.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

He stated what the sign would be when He and his disciples were at the temple and he told them that the temple would be destroyed. The disciples asked 'when shall these things be, the sign of thy coming and the end of the age'? They didn't know when the temple would be destroyed,thus signifying judgment and the end of the age, but we know from history it was in 70 AD.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Those Jews, believers that were alive at Jesus' crucifixion, but had died before 70 AD, as well as the rest of the Christians, were resurrected as they passed away, but the disciples would take their seat around the throne to judge the Old Testament Jews at the end of the age.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Jews, those that had died under the law, would be judged by their works, one book was the Old Testament, and the other was the book of each individual that was being judged. No Christians!

chrysostom
March 25th, 2016, 08:19 AM
No, the reign Jesus was talking about did not last a thousand years.

it says they reigned for a thousand years
-if
-it doesn't make sense
-you have to make sense of it
-if
-it contradicts something else in the bible
-either way
-you have to make sense

Apple7
March 25th, 2016, 11:33 AM
based on what?

And they sing a new song, saying, Worthy are You to receive the scroll, and to open its seals, because You were slain, and by Your blood purchased us to God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign over the earth. (Rev 5.9 – 10)

The 1k earthly reign initiated at The Cross, and continues to this very day.

iamaberean
March 25th, 2016, 12:08 PM
it says they reigned for a thousand years
-if
-it doesn't make sense
-if
-it contradicts something else in the bible
-either way
-you have to make sense

It does make sense, Jeb. Unless thousand is qualified with a number, it is an unknown. But it does not make sense that Jesus came as the Jews Messiah, who would bring about the new kingdom and judgment, and you say, in effect, "He must not have been the Messiah because he did not come back". Are we living under the new covenant or not?
We are and He did come back!

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

χίλιοι
chilioi
khil'-ee-oy

chrysostom
March 25th, 2016, 12:29 PM
We are and He did come back!

when?

iamaberean
March 25th, 2016, 01:14 PM
when?

He came back just as he had told them, when the temple was destroyed. It was destroyed in 70 AD.

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

They would not know the hour or the day, but they did know the temple would be destroyed.

Mat 24:15 When ye (disciples) therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

It happened in 70 AD, you and I didn't see it, but some of the disciples did.

Again, I ask you. "Are you living in the new covenant age" if you don't think so, then answer this "Was Jesus the Messiah or not?"

How can one can say they believe in the new covenant, but say Jesus did not complete what he said he would do?

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
All things which are written, is all prophecy in the old testament.

chrysostom
March 25th, 2016, 01:16 PM
He came back just as he had told them, when the temple was destroyed. It was destroyed in 70 AD.

why is there no record of it?

iamaberean
March 25th, 2016, 02:08 PM
why is there no record of it?

You can't answer my questions, so you just throw me a foolish question back. I'll just say what has to be said.

I believe that Jesus is God, and God can not lie. When Jesus told his disciples he would return in their generation, then there is no devil around that can tell me he didn't return. However physical proof is undeniable, the temple was destroyed just as Jesus said it would be, in their generation.

It would please me if the words of Jesus did convince you, but I think they will not.

Apple7
March 25th, 2016, 05:02 PM

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

They would not know the hour or the day, but they did know the temple would be destroyed.

Mat 24:15 When ye (disciples) therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

It happened in 70 AD, you and I didn't see it, but some of the disciples did.

Jesus, Himself, told us in Mat 24 that terrible things would occur before the end comes, and before the release of the 'abomination of desolation' (i.e. Satan).

Jesus lists-out many things occurring before the release of Satan....false prophets, wars, rumors of wars, nation set against nation, famine, plagues, earthquakes, the killing of Christians, etc...

So....what we are seeing today IS to be expected, per scripture.

But....

When Satan is unbound, we will see, for a brief period, 'great affliction, such as has not happened from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever will be.'

Everything going on in the world today has been seen played-out in various forms for thousands of years.

chrysostom
April 5th, 2016, 01:53 AM
Jesus lists-out many things occurring before the release of Satan.

at the end of a thousand years
-but
-you don't see it as a thousand years
-so
-when does it end?

Apple7
April 9th, 2016, 01:02 PM
at the end of a thousand years
-but
-you don't see it as a thousand years
-so
-when does it end?

We will know that our 'thousand year reign' with Christ, upon this earth, has ended when the catastrophes, like never before, have come upon us.

chrysostom
May 4th, 2016, 05:25 AM
the thousand years

back to

the byzantine empire

SaulToPaul
May 4th, 2016, 05:40 AM
the byzantine empire

chrysostom
June 4th, 2016, 05:04 AM
this is where you start because it fits
-one thousand years

fzappa13
June 4th, 2016, 08:27 AM
-one thousand years

Come on Chrys, the very scripture you site says the first resurrection kicks off the 1000 years. Nobody got resurrected.

Give it up.

1Mind1Spirit
June 4th, 2016, 08:44 AM
Come on Chrys, the very scripture you site says the first resurrection kicks of the 1000 years. Nobody got resurrected.

Give it up.

Isaiah 26:19
Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Galatians 1:1
Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

SaulToPaul
June 4th, 2016, 04:59 PM
-one thousand years

fzappa13
June 4th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Galatians 1:1
Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Okay, well, almost nobody. Well, a big somebody but He hasn't come with His friends yet.

chrysostom
June 27th, 2016, 03:04 AM
start with the thousand years and all the other pieces fall into place

SaulToPaul
June 27th, 2016, 06:05 AM

SaulToPaul
June 27th, 2016, 06:25 AM
Come on Chrys, the very scripture you site says the first resurrection kicks off the 1000 years. Nobody got resurrected.

Give it up.

Details are insignificant to Chrys.

fzappa13
June 29th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Details are insignificant to Chrys.

I guess we all suffer from our own chosen myopia.

marhig
June 29th, 2016, 08:13 AM
2 Peter 3

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

fzappa13
June 29th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Hos 5:14 For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.

15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

6:1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

chrysostom
July 24th, 2016, 02:01 PM

there is only one
-check it out

fzappa13
July 24th, 2016, 04:56 PM
there is only one
-check it out

Chrys, look up all the scripture associated with this thousand year reign. All the things that are supposed to happen. Christ ruling and reigning on earth with His saints. Teaching, chastening, etc. This thousand years ends with Satan being unleashed from the pit he was thrown in for one last run on Jerusalem immediately preceding the white throne judgement.

NONE OF THIS HAS HAPPENED YET.

chrysostom
July 24th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Christ ruling and reigning on earth with His saints.

where does it say that?

fzappa13
July 24th, 2016, 06:32 PM
where does it say that?

Zec: 2,8,14, Mic 4, Isa2:1-4,62,66, Joel 3, Jer 23:1-6, Dan 7:23-27 ...

... for starters.

jamie
July 24th, 2016, 06:37 PM
where does it say that?

It was Jesus' prayer. (John 17:24)

chrysostom
July 25th, 2016, 06:13 AM
and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
-they reigned, not Christ

fzappa13
July 25th, 2016, 07:09 AM

Chrys, there is little, if anything, to be found in Revelation that cannot be found in Old Testament. Revelation is an amplification/clarification of what was already said long ago. That is the reason I avoided it entirely when answering your question given your fixation with it. In turn, you avoided what I offered entirely and ran to Revelation and grabbed a verse that is indeed germane and offered it while entirely avoiding what it says:

Interplanner
July 25th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Chrys, look up all the scripture associated with this thousand year reign. All the things that are supposed to happen. Christ ruling and reigning on earth with His saints. Teaching, chastening, etc. This thousand years ends with Satan being unleashed from the pit he was thrown in for one last run on Jerusalem immediately preceding the white throne judgement.

NONE OF THIS HAS HAPPENED YET.

Read it carefully. it is not a run on Jerusalem. It is against all believers everywhere around the world.

This in itself should clear up any confusing reference to modern, current Israel, which has nothing to do with how the NT describes the coming day of judgement.

SaulToPaul
July 25th, 2016, 09:26 AM

fzappa13
July 25th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Read it carefully. it is not a run on Jerusalem. It is against all believers everywhere around the world.

It is both.

Ben Masada
July 25th, 2016, 11:05 AM
What you are saying is that the Jews are still waiting for their Messiah and their dead have not been resurrected. That is not only Unjewish it is Unchristian and is ludicrous.

Some of them, the Christian deluded ones are indeed still waiting for an individual Messiah. Those who walk by sight aka understanding and not by faith, have finally come to the light that the Messiah is to be figured according to the collective concept of the People, not of the individual. The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not!The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37)If you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23 "Israel is My Son; let My Son go that he may serve Me!"

chrysostom
July 25th, 2016, 11:51 AM
The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever.

based on what?

Interplanner
July 25th, 2016, 09:28 PM
It is both.

by this time in the Rev, we can't say the city that just got destroyed is the city that he loves. It's almost a romantic statement, because it refers to his bride, and we find it coming down to the NHNE as a beautiful bride. Meanwhile the harlot was stoned; it can't be that city.

There are no NT passages in ordinary language that show any significant things happening in modern Israel. 2 peter 3 would be the longest, but there are none. The idea that it is to be based in the Rev and projected onto other passages is very shaky. We should be practicing the opposite of that as far as the Rev goes. The idea that 'saved' in rom 11 means a restored theocracy is very shaky. 'Saved' never means that in Romans, but when we get to ch 11, out pops a millenium. Yeah, right.

fzappa13
July 26th, 2016, 12:57 AM
by this time in the Rev, we can't say the city that just got destroyed is the city that he loves. It's almost a romantic statement, because it refers to his bride, and we find it coming down to the NHNE as a beautiful bride. Meanwhile the harlot was stoned; it can't be that city.

She most definitely is that city.

Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth ...

... 8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

... and we all know where our Lord was crucified, don't we? Follow the words whore and harlot across the Bible. You can't miss it.

fzappa13
July 26th, 2016, 01:21 AM
Luke 13:31 The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee.

32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem.

fzappa13
July 26th, 2016, 01:31 AM
Mat 23: 37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

ThreeAngels
July 26th, 2016, 02:00 AM
The thousand years when Christ will reign with the saints is in the future. This is after His second advent and the earth lies desolate. We shall then judge the wicked dead and the fallen angels, 'Know ye not that we shall judge angels?' 1 Corinthians 6:3

fzappa13
July 27th, 2016, 05:34 AM
The thousand years when Christ will reign with the saints is in the future. This is after His second advent and the earth lies desolate. We shall then judge the wicked dead and the fallen angels, 'Know ye not that we shall judge angels?' 1 Corinthians 6:3

You got all that out of one verse?

ThreeAngels
July 27th, 2016, 05:39 AM
You got all that out of one verse?
No. Various other Scriptures attest to it too.

fzappa13
July 27th, 2016, 05:48 AM
No. Various other Scriptures attest to it too.

Well then please offer them. I'm particularly interested in how you came to believe Jesus and His saints would be ruling over a desolate earth and "judging the wicked dead and the fallen angels."

Nameless.In.Grace
July 27th, 2016, 11:36 AM

What standard will we judge with?

Sent from my iPad using TOL (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=78367) ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

daqq
July 27th, 2016, 11:51 AM
What standard will we judge with?

Sent from my iPad using TOL (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=78367) ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

That is what the Torah is for but you will not be doing any judging of that kind if you do not believe the Torah applies to yourself because you have no right to judge those outside yourself. Put the wise and prudent fellow-servants of your household to your right hand side, and put the workers of lawlessness and iniquity to your left hand side; and when the King comes he will make the final judgment. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. :)

Nameless.In.Grace
July 27th, 2016, 11:54 AM
That is what the Torah is for but you will not be doing any judging of that kind if you do not believe the Torah applies to yourself because you have no right to judge those outside yourself. Put the wise and prudent fellow-servants of your household to your right hand side, and put the workers of lawlessness and iniquity to your left hand side; and when the King comes he will make the final judgment. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. :)

Hmmmmmm, so should we count on being judges? Or should we defer that judgment back to the only worthy Judge that Saves?

daqq
July 27th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Hmmmmmm, so should we count on being judges? Or should we defer that judgment back to the only worthy Judge that Saves?

Do you suppose that goats can be saved? Does mercy or grace work with tares?
Cut them off and show them no mercy or they will choke the seed of the Word from your heart. :)

Nameless.In.Grace
July 27th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Do you suppose that goats can be saved? Does mercy or grace work with tares?
Cut them off and show them no mercy or they will choke the seed of the Word from your heart. :)

I pray for the sheep that listen to wolves and have been trained to be wolves.

I use Love as the Spirit of Discernment per the teachings of Jesus and 1 John.

I am no one to call any a goat.

I'm just a goat declared a sheep by the King of Kings.

To be His sheep out of His Love is my deepest joy.

I don't go further than this, my interlinear brother. [emoji846][emoji231][emoji238][emoji91][emoji236]

daqq
July 27th, 2016, 12:58 PM
I pray for the sheep that listen to wolves and have been trained to be wolves.

I use Love as the Spirit of Discernment per the teachings of Jesus and 1 John.

I am no one to call any a goat.

I'm just a goat declared a sheep by the King of Kings.

To be His sheep out of His Love is my deepest joy.

I don't go further than this, my interlinear brother. [emoji846][emoji231][emoji238][emoji91][emoji236]

You do not see that it is parable and allegory?
Both the sheep and the wolves are about your house.
I have my own wolves to deal with: why should I judge you or anyone else?
See what I mean yet? Okay I have to go bundle some tares for burning, (the Reaper is coming). :chuckle:

Nameless.In.Grace
July 27th, 2016, 01:03 PM
You do not see that it is parable and allegory?
Both the sheep and the wolves are about your house.
I have my own wolves to deal with: why should I judge you or anyone else?
See what I mean yet? Okay I have to go bundle some tares for burning, (the Reaper is coming). :chuckle:

LOL....

Indeed, we are all Devils, only hopeful of He that casts out All Devils within our soul. [emoji846]

I indeed know my wolves brother.

Amen!

I would help you gather those tares, but I know someone that you know that does all the heavy lifting. [emoji12]

Plus, it's hard to work these days, because of the beam I have in my eye. [emoji85]

daqq
July 27th, 2016, 01:24 PM
LOL....

Indeed, we are all Devils, only hopeful of He that casts out All Devils within our soul. [emoji846]

I indeed know my wolves brother.

Amen!

I would help you gather those tares, but I know someone that you know that does all the heavy lifting. [emoji12]

Plus, it's hard to work these days, because of the beam I have in my eye. [emoji85]

Ack! :doh:

Okay, close, but refine it just a bit: we are not all devils, but sin dwells in the flesh and therefore put those unruly members of your household to sleep; and when the Master comes, well, you'll see. :)

Nameless.In.Grace
July 27th, 2016, 01:27 PM
Ack! :doh:

Okay, close, but refine it just a bit: we are not all devils, but sin dwells in the flesh and therefore put those unruly members of your household to sleep; and when the Master comes, well, you'll see. :)

Daqq,

Which one of is is pulling the others leg?

I don't care! It's always fun going round and round with you.

I have some deeds to do.

Pause for now.

I'll be a thorn in your side later. [emoji12]

daqq
July 27th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Daqq,

Which one of is is pulling the others leg?

I don't care! It's always fun going round and round with you.

I have some deeds to do.

Pause for now.

I'll be a thorn in your side later. [emoji12]

I have my own thorn in the flesh to deal with; too many revelations, (I speak as a fool). :)

Nameless.In.Grace
July 27th, 2016, 03:46 PM
I have my own thorn in the flesh to deal with; too many revelations, (I speak as a fool). :)

Paul did too. Your are in good company.

I submit my request into the society of fools who have studied into madness. [emoji846][emoji3]

daqq
July 27th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Paul did too. Your are in good company.

I submit my request into the society of fools who have studied into madness. [emoji846][emoji3]

Nameless, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee MAD! :crackup:
Elohim willing, I hope to be back in a thousand years, (one day beside the Master). :)

Nameless.In.Grace
July 27th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Nameless, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee MAD! :crackup:
Elohim willing, I hope to be back in a thousand years, (one day beside the Master). :)

Amen, Daqq! Amen!!!!!

chrysostom
July 27th, 2016, 03:58 PM
the thousand years

back to

this is where to start
-there is only one

fzappa13
July 27th, 2016, 05:02 PM
DAQQ and NIG spiral into nonsense while Chrys returns from his banishment to continue an ongoing conversation with himself. So much for this thread.

While we are on the subject, how does one unsubscribe to a thread. I haven't been able to spot that thingy since the latest upgrade and I'm guessing that using this function from time to time would save the site a little bandwidth.

daqq
July 28th, 2016, 04:55 AM
DAQQ and NIG spiral into nonsense while Chrys returns from his banishment to continue an ongoing conversation with himself. So much for this thread.

While we are on the subject, how does one unsubscribe to a thread. I haven't been able to spot that thingy since the latest upgrade and I'm guessing that using this function from time to time would save the site a little bandwidth.

Ah, good morning, what a great sleep, like the watch in a thousand-year night beside the Master.

Actually we were on-topic but it is much like the scripture, that is, speaking surface things while a deeper truth lies beneath if one does not truly know the scripture. Have you not read 2Peter which speaks of what I said in my previous post? We also spoke of thorns in the flesh and other supernal things that are found in the scripture. For starters the passage from 2Peter can be understood in two ways but the physical minded man always sees only what is to his own benefit: and what is to his own benefit in this case? He presumes to himself the right as a believer to a coming literal physical 1000-year rule and reign, upon a literal physical earth, in a literal physical global world dominion empire, with himself ruling over what I can only imagine he assumes to be the "lesser brethren sheeple" who were lucky enough to make it through seven years of a world-wide destruction were Elohim literally kills one third of mankind and the other two thirds do not repent, (Rev 9:15-21 taken literally by the carnal and physical minded warmonger man). But if one reads the passage from 2Peter it is clear as day that a thousand years may also be ONE DAY depending on the perception and the mindset of the reader:

2 Peter 3:8 W/H
8 εν δε τουτο μη λανθανετω υμας αγαπητοι οτι μια ημερα παρα κυριω ως χιλια ετη και χιλια ετη ως ημερα μια
8 But this one thing let not be unobserved by you, beloved, that one day with-beside the Master is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as day one.

What therefore does the statement strongly imply? It strongly implies that one day with or beside the Master may as well be a thousand years. This thinking likewise comes from the only holy scriptures that were available at the time this may have been written, which is the Tanach, that is, the Torah, Prophets, and Writings. The authorship of Psalm 90 is claimed by Moshe himself at the opening of the Psalm, which says this:

Psalm 90:1-4 KJV
1 A Prayer of Moses the man of God. Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.
2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
3 Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.
4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Thus we can be sure that in the time of king David and his son, king Solomon, this prayer of Moshe the man of the Elohim was known. So what does Solomon tell us about a thousand years? Does the Preacher say anything about a thousand years? Yes, he does:

Ecclesiastes 6:6 KJV
6 Yea, though he live a thousand years twice told, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?

What does he mean a thousand years twice told? The word used here actually means twice times, which is pa'amayim, from pa'am, which means a beat, like a heartbeat, a pulse, or a moment, or a "time", and in more general terms "an occasion" or the instance of an occurrence. Do the authors of our holy texts speak of things they know nothing about? Surely the Preacher knows of what he speaks: would you not agree? How then does he know what it means to live a thousand years twice told, twice times, or two times? The answer is found in another place which employs the same word pa'am-pa'amiym-pa'amayim, and that is where we read how the Father made Himself known to Solomon on two occasions, twice times, twofold, two times:

1 Kings 11:9
9 And YHWH was displeased with Solomon, because his heart was turned from YHWH Elohey Yisrael, which had made an appearance unto him twice: [pa'amayim - two times]

Therefore indeed the Preacher knew what it meant to live a thousand years two times; for the Most High had made Himself known by way of visions two times unto Solomon. These two appearances therefore constitute a thousand years each in the mind of the Preacher, though his heart was turned away in latter days, (but that does not mean he never repented). And this word pa'am goes all the way back to the beginning where it is used of the helpmate, (the flesh), that is to say the first woman, like a thorn in the side of man, for the scripture says:

Genesis 2:22-23
22 And of the rib, which YHWH Elohim had taken from the adam, He made an iyshshah-woman, and brought her unto the adam.
23 And the adam said, This ha-pa'am is bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: this shall be called ishshah-woman; for out of an iysh-man this was taken!

Paraphrase: this pa'am-heartbeat-pulsating-agitating thorn in my flesh that was beating to come forth is bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh! And what does the woman become when she is deceived by the serpent? She becomes a messenger of Satan because she then gives to the man from what she herself did, and he does likewise, and they fall. Eve is therefore an allegory of the flesh, (the mother of all chay-raw-life). Therefore Paul says; do not allow your flesh to speak for you, do not allow her to teach or have superiority over a man: she is deceived. It is not a commandment about those who are female gender on the outside but rather about the allegory of the flesh of all mankind, which is called Eve, and utterly deceived. It is only the flesh which can be "saved" through child birth because it speaks of physical procreation and the continuance of a strictly physical seed line. Oh the depth of the riches of the knowledge that is in Messiah the Word! The kingdom of Elohim is within you; but sin, evil beasts of man, and all sorts of evil things dwell in the flesh outer bounds common profane area of your body-temple. Perhaps I will be back in another thousand years; but if not, have a nice thread. :chuckle:

fzappa13
July 28th, 2016, 06:47 AM
I am well familiar with the passages you refer to. How and why you have managed to strangle them so that they lay dead at the feet of the rest of the Bible is beyond me. The whole Bible points to the Lord ruling and reigning in Jerusalem. If you don't at least get that you might as well throw your Bible in the trash.

It is of no use to you.

chrysostom
July 28th, 2016, 06:51 AM

thanks for the bumps
-I will miss them

daqq
July 28th, 2016, 10:15 AM
I am well familiar with the passages you refer to. How and why you have managed to strangle them so that they lay dead at the feet of the rest of the Bible is beyond me. The whole Bible points to the Lord ruling and reigning in Jerusalem. If you don't at least get that you might as well throw your Bible in the trash.

It is of no use to you.

Tell me what I have strangled in the following passage:

Hebrews 12:14-24 KJV
14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.
18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
20 ( For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake: )
22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

What have I changed? What have I strangled? What have I mangled or misunderstood? I stand herein the above: you clearly do not. Therefore a root of bitterness of the root of Amalek immediately springs forth, and you begin frothing at the mouth spewing murders out of your mouth, just as Yeshua says concerning those things which defile the man, and those very things openly and brazenly proceed from your heart. You clearly never heard the call: "If anyone thirst, let him come to me, and drink. The one faithfully trusting into me, as the scripture has said, out of his cavity, (heart), shall flow rivers of living water!"

You have hewn out of yourself your own broken cistern which can hold no water:

Jeremiah 2:12-13 KJV
12 Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the LORD.
13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

Tell me what I have changed dead man walking! :crackup: :chuckle:

fzappa13
August 2nd, 2016, 06:51 AM
Anybody ever tell you you're a nut?

fzappa13
August 2nd, 2016, 06:52 AM
thanks for the bumps
-I will miss them

Yeah, like measles. :chuckle:

daqq
August 2nd, 2016, 01:19 PM
Anybody ever tell you you're a nut?

Yes, quite often, and even more often I get called much worse, and it is generally only by people such as yourself claiming to know God, (one of your kind in this very forum has even told me to "go to hell" twice), and it is usually in such cases exactly as the above; when I quote scripture passages without any alterations or much commentary of my own and simply say that I believe what the scripture says. :)

Ben Masada
August 2nd, 2016, 01:46 PM
The whole Bible points to the Lord ruling and reigning in Jerusalem. If you don't at least get that you might as well throw your Bible in the trash.

I don't get that because the Hellenist who wrote the gospel of Luke reports about Jesus as being acclaimed by his disciples as king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem and he never became king. He was rather arrested on that political charge of insurrection, taken to Pilate and condemned to be crucified. Hence his verdict INRI but king he never became. (Luke 19:37 40) That's why I don't get it and, I can't throw my Bible in the trash because it speaks nothing about Jesus.

fzappa13
August 2nd, 2016, 07:29 PM
Yes, quite often, and even more often I get called much worse, and it is generally only by people such as yourself claiming to know God, (one of your kind in this very forum has even told me to "go to hell" twice)

Oh dear, Is Sozo back?

fzappa13
August 2nd, 2016, 07:34 PM
I don't get that because the Hellenist who wrote the gospel of Luke reports about Jesus as being acclaimed by his disciples as king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem and he never became king. He was rather arrested on that political charge of insurrection, taken to Pilate and condemned to be crucified. Hence his verdict INRI but king he never became. (Luke 19:37 40) That's why I don't get it and, I can't throw my Bible in the trash because it speaks nothing about Jesus.

Try reading post 153 and the passages it references.

Spoiler alert ... there is no mention of Luke's gospel. It's all O.T. Apparently you've already tossed most of your Bible in the trash.

daqq
August 2nd, 2016, 07:52 PM
Oh dear, Is Sozo back?

I do not know anyone by the name Sozo but name calling, (for example "nut"), and your attempt at creating some sort of guilt by association, (with whoever Sozo is or was), only shows that you actually have nothing to offer from the scripture or from truth. I guess your resources are not what you thought they were and now your data bank is apparently empty; the wires in your brain appear to be misfiring and therefore you stray from the topic and start name calling. You have no need to toss out your Bible because you apparently never open it to begin with. Let it remain there on your shelf collecting dust and perhaps one day you will pick it up and actually decide to read it. :)

intojoy
August 3rd, 2016, 12:19 AM
I do not know anyone by the name Sozo but name calling, (for example "nut"), and your attempt at creating some sort of guilt by association, (with whoever Sozo is or was), only shows that you actually have nothing to offer from the scripture or from truth. I guess your resources are not what you thought they were and now your data bank is apparently empty; the wires in your brain appear to be misfiring and therefore you stray from the topic and start name calling. You have no need to toss out your Bible because you apparently never open it to begin with. Let it remain there on your shelf collecting dust and perhaps one day you will pick it up and actually decide to read it. :)

Nut ball

Sent from my iPhone using TOL (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=78367)

fzappa13
August 3rd, 2016, 12:25 AM

Sozo regularly told folks to go to hell here on this website ... a thing I have never done. You trying to group me with such folks speaks of the paucity of your position ... not mine. When I asked you if you had ever been called a nut you said yes, quite often.

At a certain point most folks would begin to consider the possibility confronted with such unanimity.

daqq
August 3rd, 2016, 03:52 AM
Sozo regularly told folks to go to hell here on this website ... a thing I have never done. You trying to group me with such folks speaks of the paucity of your position ... not mine. When I asked you if you had ever been called a nut you said yes, quite often.

At a certain point most folks would begin to consider the possibility confronted with such unanimity.

As I told you I do not know anyone by the name of Sozo: neither did I mention the name of who told me to go to hell because it is not important. If you were trying to get me to name names that only reveals more about yourself than anything else.

Nut ball

Sent from my iPhone using TOL (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=78367)

:yawn: Well, at least the OP appears to appreciate all the bumps from such derogatory comments. :)

PS - Regarding the topic: neither of you will ever reign with Messiah unless and until you do the will of Elohim, and cut off those tongues, and "behead" yourselves so as to put on the mind of Messiah, (through-by way of the Testimony of Yeshua and through-by way of the Logos-Word of Elohim as the Rev 20:4 passage clearly states). :chuckle:

fzappa13
August 3rd, 2016, 11:55 AM
PS - Regarding the topic: neither of you will ever reign with Messiah unless and until you do the will of Elohim, and cut off those tongues, and "behead" yourselves ...

mmmmmm, okay ... you first.

chrysostom
September 20th, 2016, 10:07 AM
this is where you start

fzappa13
September 20th, 2016, 06:20 PM
mmmmmmmmm ... okay, you first.

chrysostom
September 28th, 2016, 11:14 AM
mmmmmmmmm ... okay, you first.

there is a christian empire that lasted one thousand years

patrick jane
September 28th, 2016, 11:38 AM
As I told you I do not know anyone by the name of Sozo: neither did I mention the name of who told me to go to hell because it is not important. If you were trying to get me to name names that only reveals more about yourself than anything else.

Hey nut ball, tell us who said it !!

:yawn: Well, at least the OP appears to appreciate all the bumps from such derogatory comments. :)

PS - Regarding the topic: neither of you will ever reign with Messiah unless and until you do the will of Elohim, and cut off those tongues, and "behead" yourselves so as to put on the mind of Messiah, (through-by way of the Testimony of Yeshua and through-by way of the Logos-Word of Elohim as the Rev 20:4 passage clearly states). :chuckle:

Hey nutball, tell us who said it !!!

SaulToPaul
September 28th, 2016, 11:40 AM
there is a christian empire that lasted one thousand years

Are these the years God restored to Israel, that the locust had eaten?

patrick jane
September 28th, 2016, 11:50 AM
:rotfl:

chrysostom
October 11th, 2016, 03:49 AM
there is only one empire that lasted one thousand years -
it was a christian empire -
they reigned with Christ -

SaulToPaul
October 11th, 2016, 05:56 AM
there is only one empire that lasted one thousand years -
it was a christian empire -
they reigned with Christ -

Zeke
October 11th, 2016, 09:31 PM

Those were Mormon Crickets.
https://youtu.be/Yy3dQJYquoY

chrysostom
October 23rd, 2016, 03:23 AM
finding the thousand years is easy
-
there is only one

SaulToPaul
October 24th, 2016, 08:55 AM
finding the thousand years is easy
-
there is only one

When were the years that the locust had eaten restored?

False Prophet
October 24th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Satan is bound for a thousand years, and that is when the millennium begins.

[2] And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
[3] And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. Rev 20

chrysostom
November 2nd, 2016, 02:21 AM
Satan is bound for a thousand years, and that is when the millennium begins.

so how will you know when that happens?

Ben Masada
November 2nd, 2016, 04:42 AM
Try reading post 153 and the passages it references.

Spoiler alert ... there is no mention of Luke's gospel. It's all O.T. Apparently you've already tossed most of your Bible in the trash.

The last time I checked the NT, the gospel of Luke was still there. What are you talking about!

chrysostom
November 13th, 2016, 02:34 PM
the thousand years is literal because it has an ending
-and-
-if-
it did, why would Christ's reign end?

Rivers
November 16th, 2016, 02:32 PM
The "1,000 years" could also be referring to the duration of the Davidic Kingdom up until the time of Jesus (c. 900s BC to 0s AD). This would have made sense to the people who actually received the prophecy (Revelation 1:1-3).

SaulToPaul
November 17th, 2016, 01:28 PM
The "1,000 years" could also be referring to the duration of the Davidic Kingdom up until the time of Jesus (c. 900s BC to 0s AD). This would have made sense to the people who actually received the prophecy (Revelation 1:1-3).

I will restore unto you the years that the locust have eaten.

Count up the years.

chrysostom
December 2nd, 2016, 06:21 AM

how was the dragon bound?

Rivers
December 2nd, 2016, 07:36 AM

I will restore unto you the years that the locust have eaten.

Count up the years.

There's nothing about "locusts" to count in Revelation 20.

Rivers
December 2nd, 2016, 07:37 AM
how was the dragon bound?

By an "angel" with a "chain" (Revelation 20:1-2).

SaulToPaul
December 2nd, 2016, 07:52 AM
There's nothing about "locusts" to count in Revelation 20.

chrysostom
December 2nd, 2016, 11:01 AM
It's literal and Jesus will reign on earth for a 1000 years

:D

where does it say Jesus will reign? -
who will reign at the end of the 1000 years?

chrysostom
December 2nd, 2016, 11:02 AM
By an "angel" with a "chain" (Revelation 20:1-2).

really?

SaulToPaul
December 2nd, 2016, 11:14 AM
where does it say Jesus will reign? -
who will reign at the end of the 1000 years?

1 Cor 15
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Rivers
December 2nd, 2016, 01:46 PM
really?

Yes, that is what John saw in the vision. What do you think the chain and the satan were referring to? Please explain.

Rivers
December 2nd, 2016, 01:47 PM
1 Cor 15
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

I agree.

SaulToPaul
December 2nd, 2016, 01:50 PM
I agree.

Chrys does not like the idea of the LORD reigning because it ruins his harebrained schemes.

Ben Masada
December 3rd, 2016, 12:23 AM
It's literal and Jesus will reign on earth for a 1000 years

:D

How could he reign on earth for a 1000 years if he has been dead for 2000 years? I am asking because he was a Jew and you know it. According to his own gospel which was the Tanach, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. Read II Samuel 12:23; Psalm 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc. There are many more passages for that same matter.

marhig
December 3rd, 2016, 03:15 AM
How could he reign on earth for a 1000 years if he has been dead for 2000 years? I am asking because he was a Jew and you know it. According to his own gospel which was the Tanach, once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. Read II Samuel 12:23; Psalm 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc. There are many more passages for that same matter.

Then in Isaiah 26 there's this

Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead

Do you know that there is not only a natural death, but we can me dead in God too?

Ben Masada
December 3rd, 2016, 03:37 AM

Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead

Do you know that there is not only a natural death, but we can me dead in God too?

Here is Isaiah 26:19 in the JPS: "Oh let your dead revive; let corpses arise. Awake and shout for joy, you who dwell in the dust; for your dew is like the dew on fresh growth; you make the land of the shade come to life." Now, read Isaiah 53:8,9. To be exiled from the Land of Israel is the same as if we are cut off from the Land of the living and graves are assigned to us among the nations. When the exile is over, the Lord opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. (Ezekiel 37:12) If you read about the "Dry Bones" of Ezekiel, that's exactly what it is all about. The Jews in exile as an analogy to being in the graves of the nations.

chrysostom
December 3rd, 2016, 03:44 AM
What do you think the chain and the satan were referring to? Please explain.

it is figurative
-and-
it might refer to an empire that lasts a thousand years
-which-
restricts the beast or beasts

beameup
December 3rd, 2016, 03:50 AM

Your dead will live;
Their corpses will rise.
You who lie in the dust, awake and shout for joy,
For your dew is as the dew of the dawn,
And the earth will give birth to the departed spirits.

Come, my people, enter into your rooms
And close your doors behind you;
Hide for a little while
Until indignation runs its course.

For behold, the LORD is about to come out from His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;
And the earth will reveal her bloodshed
And will no longer cover her slain.
Isaiah 26:19-21 NASB

beameup
December 3rd, 2016, 03:57 AM
Here is Isaiah 26:19 in the JPS: "Oh let your dead revive; let corpses arise. Awake and shout for joy, you who dwell in the dust; for your dew is like the dew on fresh growth; you make the land of the shade come to life." Now, read Isaiah 53:8,9. To be exiled from the Land of Israel is the same as if we are cut off from the Land of the living and graves are assigned to us among the nations. When the exile is over, the Lord opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. (Ezekiel 37:12) If you read about the "Dry Bones" of Ezekiel, that's exactly what it is all about. The Jews in exile as an analogy to being in the graves of the nations.

You forgot the rest of the passage:
Come, my people, enter into your rooms
And close your doors behind you;
Hide for a little while
Until indignation runs its course.
For behold, the LORD [YHWH] is about to come out from His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;
And the earth will reveal her bloodshed
And will no longer cover her slain.
Isaiah 26:20-21
Now, who would that LORD [YHWH] be and where is "His place"?

Ben Masada
December 3rd, 2016, 04:07 AM
Your dead will live; Their corpses will rise. You who lie in the dust, awake and shout for joy, For your dew is as the dew of the dawn, And the earth will give birth to the departed spirits. Come, my people, enter into your rooms And close your doors behind you; Hide for a little while, Until indignation runs its course. For behold, the LORD is about to come out from His place To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity; And the earth will reveal her bloodshed And will no longer cover her slain. Isaiah 26:19-21 NASB

Isaiah was trying to comfort the Jews in exile who were going crazy in their impatience as the end of the exile approached. The Lord, Isaiah said, was about to come out from His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity committed against God's People. Now, if you read Jeremiah 46:28, the Lord would eventually get rid of the other nations but Israel, He would only chastise as we deserve. The 70 years had to be fulfilled till we started to return. (Ezekiel 37:12)

Ben Masada
December 3rd, 2016, 04:14 AM
You forgot the rest of the passage: Come, my people, enter into your rooms And close your doors behind you; Hide for a little while Until indignation runs its course. For behold, the LORD [YHWH] is about to come out from His place To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity; And the earth will reveal her bloodshed And will no longer cover her slain.Isaiah 26:20-21. Now, who would that LORD [YHWH] be and where is "His place"?

Read post # 234

beameup
December 3rd, 2016, 04:17 AM
Isaiah was trying to comfort the Jews in exile who were going crazy in their impatience as the end of the exile approached. The Lord, Isaiah said, was about to come out from His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity committed against God's People. Now, if you read Jeremiah 46:28, the Lord would eventually get rid of the other nations but Israel, He would only chastise as we deserve. The 70 years had to be fulfilled till we started to return. (Ezekiel 37:12)

I think you'd better re-read Ezekiel 37 and 38 and 39.
Cyrus is called "God's Annointed". Darius further facilitated rebuilding the Temple. Artexerxes facilitated building of the walls and gates of Jerusalem.
I think you conveniently forgot the SIN of Israel (Judah) which put them in EXILE as a PUNISHMENT. It seems your "rabbis" are not giving you the FACTS.

Ben Masada
December 3rd, 2016, 04:38 AM
I think you'd better re-read Ezekiel 37 and 38 and 39. Cyrus is called "God's Annointed". Darius further facilitated rebuilding the Temple. Artexerxes facilitated building of the walls and gates of Jerusalem. I think you conveniently forgot the SIN of Israel (Judah) which put them in EXILE as a PUNISHMENT. It seems your "rabbis" are not giving you the FACTS.

Cyrus was called God's anointed because of his proclamation of the freedom of the Jews and financing of the rebuilding of the Temple. (Isaiah 45:1) Anointed of the Lord in the sense of a Messianic leader is. When Jesus was born, Israel was under Roman foreign occupation, that condition became even bitter during Jesus lifetime and, soon after he died the Temple was destroyed by the Romans. Even as a Messianic leader, Jesus didn't live to see himself anointed, let alone as the Messiah.

chrysostom
December 12th, 2016, 10:29 AM
thank you for talking about the thousand years

SaulToPaul
December 13th, 2016, 08:09 AM
it is figurative

How do you know?

chrysostom
December 14th, 2016, 04:00 AM
How do you know?

only in the future will you find satan chained
-and-
only if you have a good imagination

chrysostom
December 26th, 2016, 06:42 AM
this is where you start -
it is easy to find -
there is only one thousand year empire -
it was christian -
it has all the pieces
-and-
they fit

SaulToPaul
December 27th, 2016, 12:22 PM
this is where you start -
it is easy to find -
there is only one thousand year empire -
it was christian -
it has all the pieces
-and-
they fit

chrysostom
January 9th, 2017, 06:19 AM
the thousand years

back to

this is where you start

SaulToPaul
January 9th, 2017, 10:13 AM
this is where you start

The 1000 years is after the LORD returns.
It cannot be any other way.

You can leave out details to propogate your harebrained schemes, but you'll never get anywhere with it.

chrysostom
January 27th, 2017, 04:38 AM

You can leave out details to propogate your harebrained schemes, but you'll never get anywhere with it.

where does it say Jesus will reign?

SaulToPaul
January 27th, 2017, 07:36 AM
where does it say Jesus will reign?

rstrats
January 27th, 2017, 07:43 AM
LastServant,
re: "... the day of the Lord destroys the false prophet (Satan) and the Beast..."

So you make a distinction beween the devil and satan?

chrysostom
March 2nd, 2017, 03:49 AM

based on what?

SaulToPaul
March 2nd, 2017, 07:12 AM
based on what?

The Revelation, and the entirety of prophecy.

chrysostom
March 31st, 2017, 04:30 AM
The Revelation, and the entirety of prophecy.

who reigns at the end of the thousand years?

chrysostom
May 6th, 2017, 05:59 AM
they reigned with Christ (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+20:4&version=KJV)
-because-
they gathered in His name (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+18:20&version=KJV)